[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: lit girl.jpg (339 KB, 750x750)
339 KB
339 KB JPG
How many books does /lit/ read at once?
>>
>>11779396
I usually only read one, but currently I have two going. This is a special case and unlikely to become a norm.
>>
>>11779396
Just one? You have to stop reading one thing to read another
>>
>>11779396
- only one long book at a time
- there can be a second one, has to be less than 250 pages
- there can be a third one, has to be really short, or can be a theatre play

>I'm breaking the rules these days
>>
I have an upward limit at around a dozen
>>
One.
>>
Usually one, if there's a second it'll be a book I'm re-reading.
>>
Typically one to two. If two then it will likely be one fiction and one non-fiction. Sometimes however after reading one book I'll start a bunch of new ones and it will take me a few days of reading each to pick one to stick with.
>>
One fiction, and often several non-fiction ones based on what I'm currently interested in.
>>
one fiction and two non-fiction
>>
>>11779396
Usually about 8, I go through them in a sequence of 50 pages of each, takes me about 2 hours to go through all 8 50 pages
>>
>>11779396
one longer one and a couple of shorter ones depending on the mood
>>
Five

I’ll only get to around three, all five on a good day. Many of them require a good deal of analytical thought
>>
Usually four

One ~1000+ page book
One 400-800 page book
One <400 page book
One non-fiction book
>>
>>11779525
Based.
>>
>>11779672

this is exactly what i do
>>
One fiction, one nonfiction, and one language exercise book (latin atm).
>>
>>11779396
Half a dozen to a dozen.

Sometimes I'll leave a book alone for months before returning to it. I left off Conrad Black's "Nixon: A Life in Full" at page 850 two years ago and I'll be returning to it shortly to finish it (I just read Evan Thomas's Being Nixon in its entirety over the last couple weeks while also reading The Tropic of Cancer, Dead Souls, Pimp: The Story of My Life by Iceberg Slim, Zeno's Conscience, and a few others).
>>
I'm reading a couple different books for various classes in addition to my personal reading. Aside from class I read a couple of poetry and short story collections, but only one novel.
>>
>>11779396
one at time.
>>
>>11779396
Usually one at a time not counting books or novels for classes. I'll read two if I find a decent fiction and non-fiction book.
>>
>>11780690

>reading 400 pages an hour

kek

alright moot
>>
>>11779396

One fiction and one nonfiction on the go at the most, normally just one at a time.
>>
two poetry anthologies and a novel
>>
>>11779396
Two to three. One novel and one novella at a time is the norm
>>
One I don't like to mix them especially if they are long.
>>
Seven
Two pages of each one every night
>>
>>11779396
No more than 2-3 novels, one ( 1 ) textbook, and any number of poetry collections / art books.
>>
>>11779396
two
the bible + something else
>>
Three or four
>one book of religious texts, to be read slowly and meditated upon
>one book of short stories or plays, to be read in between books of the next kind
>one "normal" book, but if it's particularly dense or long, add some lighter reading too
>>
I’ll read one book and one cringe compilation, and edit and change the compilation every time, perfecting the masterpiece
>>
>>11779396
At most one from each:
Novel
Short story collection

And a zero to few historical or non fictional works.
>>
>>11779396
2. One of history one of theology or philosophy
>>
I want to put my head on her lap and fall asleep to the sound of turning pages.....
>>
>>11783192
Brainlet can't do math
>>
>>11780760
You sound like a boomer
>>
>>11779396

KNAWLEDGE

FOOD AND MONEY = FUEL UNITS

PREPARE FOR DEHUMANIZATION DUDES

KNAWLEGE AND LAMBORGHINIS in MAH GARAGE

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.