[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Should there be more interactions between American Super Heroes and Tokusatsu Heroes?
>>
>>15856244
No. Both are stupid and dumb in their own ways and should not be mixed.
>>
>>15856244

Not if they're going to read like this. I know it's just one panel out of a lot but this is dreadful.
>>
>>15856271
Dunno, I kekked. That whole comic was a great load of silly fun.
>>
>>15856244
American refers(albeit wrongly) to the country they come from. These three characters are american.
Tokusatsu refers to their medium of origin.

But to answer your question, yeah.
>>
it would be nice to see a robocop and jiban team up in anything even thou it's never going to happen
>>
it's all in how you make the crossover work
>>
>>15856610
Must've been a pretty popular name in the 60s
>>
No because here's what would actually happen if they wrote a real Sentai team into the DC universe.

>enemy shows up
>sentai team kills them with giant mech
>batman reeeeees for killing someone even though the giant was destroying half the city
>sentai team is like wtf are you talking about we served justice
>batman starts a huge gathering of other heroes to take down the "evil" sentai team because "we don't kill"
>despite sentai being much stronger they lose anyways because muh batman has to always win
>>
>>15856681

> implying Batman wouldn't just use his own mech, possibly a combiner with Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, Batwoman, Huntress or some other Bat family
>>
>>15856681
>Kamen Rider kicks Killer Croc so hard he explodes
>Rest of the comic is Batman being autistic and trying to arrest Kamen Rider.
>>
>>15856681
This would actually depend on which team showed up.

Depending on who gets there first, the monster could wind up being arrested and put in space jail, or turned into a playing card, or just straight up banished from our dimension.
>>
>>15856728
>the monster could wind up being arrested and put in space jail
That's only in Power Rangers SPD though. Dekaranger outright execute foes aside from a couple of exceptions.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 480x360)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>15856701
>>
>>15856762
Batzinger was too pure for this world
>>
>>15856681
>batman reeeeees for killing someone even though the giant was destroying half the city
Batman has no issue if its mindless or a robot.
>despite sentai being much stronger they lose anyways because muh batman has to always win
Batman is weak, but top tier leaguers can solo a sentai.
>>
The Ultras would just do the thing they always do.

Pretend to be a mere human, let the american heroes try to kill to kill the kaiju(and fail miserably), and then appear when its clear they can't do it.
If the american heroes can kill the kaiju, then the Ultras don't have to do shit.

If they know the Ultra's identity, what would the american heroes even do?
>>
>>15856882
Killing giant inhuman monsters isn't an issue. It'd be only a problem if they started killing human-like aliens or humans (even ones with enhancements).
>>
>>15856721
god damn i wish someone would just make a one page comic of this
>>
>>15856887
It's an issue to Batman. He would never kill the Baltans.
>>
>>15856887
>Killing giant inhuman monsters isn't an issue
We're only talking about monsters with actual hostility towards when it comes to that.

If its a monster that was just trying to look for its babies or something and it inevitably demolished a good chunk of the city, like in some episodes of any Ultraman, killing the monster might actually be the inhumane choice there.

Monsters disguising themselves as humans happen frequently as well. What are they gonna do about it?
>>
I'd prefer Lupin the Third taking on Gotham
>>
>>15856922
Batman takes out his giant bat-handcuffs and arrests the Ultra. People complain about Superman being OP but Batman manages to be even more OP if only for the fact that he can beat superpowers without having any himself.
>>
You need someone to understand both sides to be portrayed accurately and with respect
Get a good artist so that it won't look jarring (MvC2's artstyle is perfect for West/East crossovers)
If you're doing hero vs hero due to misunderstanding shit, keep it short as possible. Only the lowest common denominator likes that stuff
>>
>Vicious predator from another dimension comes to Earth to eat humans
>Gokaigers do battle with it in space only for it to disguise itself as a man and flee to Earth
>Lands in Gotham where they pursue it, and Batman's surveillance drones capture footage of the team hounding what looks like an innocent person
>Batman picks a fight with Gokaigers, monster gets away and the team kicks Batman's ass, Nightwing saves his ass, has sick fight with Joe and they flee.
>Round 2, Batman goes detective and deduces their civilian identities and attacks Marvelous when he's alone. Even match this time, Batman counters his abilities and they convince each other they're both the good guys
>In the meantime the monster has gone to GCPD and with mind control powers convinced them the Gokaigers are villainous pirates, and they've duped Batman into assisting them, the police arrest them all except Marvelous who Batman saves. They plus Nightwing infiltrate the police dept to save the Gokaigers and convince Gordon of the truth.
>Gordon has been mind-controlled by the monster and attacks Batman, while Nightwing and Marvelous rescue the rest of the team. Nightwing flirts with the girls.
>The monster is defeated in human form and grows giant, the Gokaigers summon Kaizoku Gattai GokaiOh to fight it but lose.
>Batman drives up in the Batmobile and it combines with their mech, becoming a bat-shaped mask that gives it a power boost to win.
>The monster is destroyed, the day is saved, and both sides depart with mutual respect.
Accurate?
>>
>>15856681
>despite sentai being much stronger

sentai are weak as fuck as evidenced by single riders and space sherrifs beating the shit out of them consistently, batman could probably solo most of the guys they need to team up to beat
>>
>>15857103
Maybe episode 1 sentai, but late episode sentai nah batman would get fucked.
>>
>>15857103
>sentai are weak as fuck as evidenced by single riders
Actually, most crossovers seem to make 1 Sentai warrior = 1 Rider, not 1 Rider = 1 Sentai team. It's usually base form Riders though, rather than final form ones.
>>
File: spider x black.jpg (488 KB, 1024x614)
488 KB
488 KB JPG
>>15856244
>interactions between American Super Heroes and Tokusatsu Heroes?
Strange concept + probably dumb plot.

Hard to say, but must agree with >>15856258.
>>
>>15857045
>>In the meantime the monster has gone to GCPD and with mind control powers convinced them the Gokaigers are villainous pirates, and they've duped Batman into assisting them, the police arrest them all except Marvelous who Batman saves. They plus Nightwing infiltrate the police dept to save the Gokaigers and convince Gordon of the truth.
Also they have Doggie with them, leading to hilarious scenes of Batman trying to hustle that Doggie is just Dog Man, a previously unknown metahuman. Everybody accepts Dog Man but flip out about a dog alien
>>
>>15856887
Nah, the problem is if a creature has a heart. See, most of the time the monsters that die in toku shows don't have a heart. Those who do have tend not to live long enough and usually get killed by their former comrades (see Amazon with his Mole Monster or Black with his Whale Mutant).
>>
The shouldn't be mixed because inferior gaijins don't deserve the right to mingle with superior Nihon properties. Why don't the kisama-tachis understand that it's muda muda.
>>
>>15856721
Nah, Kamen Rider wouldn't kill Killer Crock. Crock, for all the things he did, still has a heart and had a pretty shitty life. KR would simply beat him up but not kill. It also helps that Crock isn't a straight up monster. All Riders automatically back off from killing a monster if said monster still has redeeming qualities about him and Crock has these in his current incarnations (depending on the writer that is).

The Joker however is a different thing. KR would justify killing the Joker in that he doesn't have a heart anymore and that his madness killed off any restrains he had before the day that made him into what he is. Not to mention that everything Joker did was obviously because of these qualities. KR would shove it up Batman's throat and anyone else.

Same thing if KR went to slay Spider-Man's villain Carnage. He'd even call out people on letting someone too insane and murderous to live one day longer. Both to the heroes, the civilians and the government. Hell, to actually everybody who let someone like Carnage live one day longer than he should.
>>
File: raiga-meets-zatanna.png (649 KB, 1280x720)
649 KB
649 KB PNG
Garo would be right at home in a Vertigo comic.
>>
>>15857348
People, especially when writing crossovers, misunderstand Batman's reasoning in not ever killing. It's not really about killing = bad, but vigilantes killing = bad. Batman, in varying degrees of trust for Gordon and a desire to do things right, refuses to kill because that can't be his decision to make. He operates outside the law, so for the sake of justice prevailing it must be society that executes these criminals. He doesn't have the authority to do it himself, and should he try he understands Gordon would have to treat him as another criminal. It's a hard choice but one that ultimately allows Batman to cooperate with authorities and save more lives, so I think it would give him a much stronger leg to stand on in these philosophical debates with other vigilantes.
>>
>>15857386
Then why don't the authorities kill the Joker? At this point his crimes are of Federal matter to the point that the FBI should be gunning for him all over the states. I see what you are trying to say, but also I should add that if Batman did manage to kill someone, then it would also result in Batman wanting to try it out one more time because it would later become easier.

Then again I blame authors and that villains like Joker are very popular.
>>
>>15857400
The authorities don't kill the Joker because of you, the reader. You want to read more stories about the Joker, and they can't write more stories about the Joker if he dies. So they don't kill him, even though they should have decades ago, because you're still hungry for more Joker stories.

It's also worth noting that the Joker wasn't always such a violent psychopath that it made sense to kill him. He used to be a villain who literally would steal candy from babies. You're not going to give someone the death penalty over that. Most supervillains used to be largely nonlethal in their crimes: they were either bank robbers or universal conquerors. It made sense to just throw them in jail over and over again if they didn't run away or somehow kill themselves. Then comics got dark and gritty, and supervillains got more and more violent and murderous, while the format of what to do about them stayed the same.
>>
>>15857400
That's a problem with bad writers, as comes often in characters written by multiple people. Joker is best as a small time but very creepy criminal, one who isn't a mass murderer but still a repudiated killer.
>>
>>15856783
Unfortunately Batman has the ultimate power, being a favorite meme of a Mary Sue
>>
>>15857518
Batman is a dc character though.
>>
File: Superman-JimLee.jpg (84 KB, 389x599)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>15856681
>>despite sentai being much stronger

That's cute. You're cute.
>>
>>15857045
Realistically, bruce and dick shouldnt be a match for marvelous and joe, but its totally possible they write it like that, after all batman could resist the power axe in ops crossover.

The only issue i see is that you seem to think batman is the only dc hero.
>>
>>15857103
The power levels are inconsistent, they said so themselves. We had multiple instances of a single sentai ranger fighting a rider or metal hero.
>>
>>15856610
I like the way Beast turns his entire head around and completely changes expression, but Bones just turns his eyes and raises one brow. Very economical use of reference photos.
>>
>>15857103
>No Space Sheriff/Green Lantern crossover
Space policing will never be complete
>>
>>15857541
The thread primarily discussed Batman up to that point so I just rolled with it
>>
File: 4532564.jpg (103 KB, 600x790)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>15857552
I sense some hidden pottential here.
>>
Don't forget that Battle Fever J started out as the Japanese answer to Captain America. What if they teamed up, or Cap became a temporary "Sixth Ranger" to BFJ at a point where he gets fed up with the rest of the Avenger's shit?
>>
Judge dredd and metal hero cop series crossover when
>>
>>15857437
>>15857443
I have a great idea. Why don't we kill the Joker...AND BRING HIM BACK AS A REVENANT? With copious amounts of slapstick from falling anvils to explosives?
>>
The Green Lantern of M78 can only use his ring for three minutes?
>>
>>15857955
Or Clark Kent can only become Supes for three minutes.
>>
>>15857964

Alternately, Kal'L can only become Clark Kent for 3 minutes at a time and the whole thing is a sitcom.
>>
>>15857687
Cap caused some of that shit though.
>>
>>15857955
>>15857964
I wouldn't mind a crossover between Superman and Ultraman. That's the one that would "fit" most.
>>
>>15857539
Sentai are incredibly powerful, when they are together. But if we're taking solo, a lot of Kamen Riders could step up against Supes. Ichigo, Niigo, Black, Kuuga, Agito, W, Wizard, Gaim, Ex-Aid, those are the ones I can think of right away
>>
File: ZERO.jpg (84 KB, 366x500)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>15857552
Did someone say space police
>>
>>15859148
Naaaah. I'm gonna be honest, even loving Kamen Rider (and toku as a whole) as much as I do, not a single Rider could outpower Supes. The only one that could roughly measure up to his power is Ultimate Kuuga, allegedly since he can crack the earth in half with his ultimate punch.
>>
>>15857386
And then batman went and freed Joke from being fucking exectued by the goverment, because the one crime he was being accused of was not his doing aparently, forget about all the other murders and heinous shit, because of that one misstrial he should be freed
>>
>>15859492
Agito took on god like beings, Ichigo and Niigo are walking nuclear reactors who are supposedly as strong as Kuuga, Black is a fucking nightmare of powers, especially if you go RX, W Extreme has all the Earth's knowledge, and access to an assortment of mystical powers, Wizard is magic and ridiculously strong in his Infinity form, Gaim I'd an actual god, and Ex-Aid cannot be defeated, since he actually has a form the makes him invincible, as well as his game based power may bypass Supes invulnerability.
>>
>>15857539
So how about that collateral damage in Man of Steel
>>
>>
Why are /co/mblr faggots so cringy whenever they attempt to talk about toku heroes?
>>
>>15859532

How about that Crispy Creme
>>
>>15857964
>Clark's solar reserves are only enough to let him be Superman for about three minutes before he needs a day-long recharge
>Can supercharge by flying close to the sun but risks shortening his lifespan
>>
>>15858044

The similarities between them are quite disturbing to be honest.

They were both originally conceived as supervillains before being reworked into heroes.

They both have similarities to abrahamic figures, Supes to Moses and Ultra to Jesus.

They ended up being the codifier on what it meant to be a superhero in their respective genres although the impact of Ultraman is debatable.

And both of their names starts with latin prepositions and ends with man.
>>
Pretty sure there's an ultraman analogue in DC who's a dynastic hero, but he's only appeared in like 1 panel and that was it
>>
>>15859778
How about that IHOP
>>
>>15859835

How about those name swaps, autistic Billy and Gay Trini
>>
>>15856258
b-but supaidaman is toku and super hero
>>
File: 1486021372624.gif (1.92 MB, 272x204)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB GIF
>>15859902
>>
File: Amazing-Spider-Man-12.jpg (2.57 MB, 3976x3056)
2.57 MB
2.57 MB JPG
>>
>>15859960
KIMI WA NAZE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1PePr8hAsc
>>
>>15859960

Stop posting this page. It almost makes this awful shit pile of a comic look like it was going to be cool but it wasn't cool at all. Leo jobs hard and only does anything off panel.
>>
File: batroc.png (1.29 MB, 978x969)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB PNG
>>15857400
>>15857437
>Then why don't the authorities kill the Joker?
>The authorities don't kill the Joker because of you, the reader.
Conversely, Batman can never actually make Gotham safer. Gwenpool is a fun comic that deconstructs a lot of these ideas.
>>
>>15860136
>Gwenpool is a fun comic

No it's not.

>that deconstructs a lot of these ideas.
>HAH HAH 4TH WALL IM A COMIC LOL

Shut up
>>
File: 1491026513447.jpg (84 KB, 440x412)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>15860143
>there are people who are still get upset about Gwenpool
>>
>>15859960
>three different Japans

Who's the other one?
>>
>>15857354
Constantine or Batman would make that a fhn ride.
>>
>>15860225
*fun
>>
>>15857437

Killing Joker doesn't mean that you can't make a story about his past though. I always wondered why Conan Doyle had to go through the trouble of resurrecting Holmes when he could just throw in a prequel of some sort.
>>
>>15860152
It doesn't bother me, but that post was retarded and the anon who responded was right, it doesn't deconstruct anything and the only reason most people like her is because she's cute.
>>
>>15860887

>cute
>doesn't deconstruct anything

Already sounds better than Deadpool.
>>
>>15859521
Superman also took on literal gods and is not a video game.

>>15859532
Generally what happens if two beings as powerful as Superman and Zod duke it out. Never understood what people expected to happen.

>>15859744
Not that different to the toku fanbase.
>>
>>15859815
> the impact of Ultraman is debatable.
Why? Its was very important in jap super heroes and jap scifi. Obviously, Superman is more influential worldwide(with ultraman itself being a result of that) and came first but Ultraman was very influential within Japan at least.
>>
>>15857244
this is cute
>>
>>15861011
>sounds better than Deadpool
That doesn't say much
>>
>>15861101

Deadpool is okay, but I preferred when She-hulk was doing what is now (or at least, was) his shtick of breaking the 4th Wall. She's just a more fun character i suppose. Deadpool started out more an edgy character who broke the 4th Wl to lend the shittiness of his life and awful situations he got in to some levity, where Jen used to just be a silly character with an appropriately silly comic and broke the 4th Wall to argue with the comic writer or artist about dumb stuff.
>>
>>15861101
Deadpool with a good writer is good
Waypool is shit
>>
>>15860209
probably that really depressing Spider-Man manga
>>
>>15861159
Cable and Deadpool was the only worthwhile Deadpool comic and we all know it
>>
>>15856244
The only time it has ever happened the result was pretty poor. I'm generally never satisfied with adaptations from a live action/voiced medium to a written medium. In my experience no writer EVER understands how the character and actor they are writing for would act and the words that the character uses are impossible to imagine being delivered by the actor.
>>
>>15862215

I really wish we got Sp//der instead of all this Gwen shit
>>
>>15862220
>Sp//der
Eh, I didn't like it. But just about anything would be preferable to Spider-Gwen, I guess.
>>
>>15859815
>They were both originally conceived as supervillains
What?
>>
File: Reign_of_the_Superman.jpg (442 KB, 1038x720)
442 KB
442 KB JPG
>>15862736
Not that guy but Superman was originally thought up as a bald genius supervillain with temporary telepathy
>>
>>15862736
Ultraman was originally going to be used as a villain in Ultra Q
>>
>>15862743
Superman was originally supposed to be Lex Luthor?
>>
File: SUPERMAN004_07_edited.jpg (45 KB, 514x378)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>15862762
Lex wasn't originally supposed to be bald
He had red hair until a ghost artist thought he was bald
It just stuck
>>
>>15861292
Joe Kelly's Deadpool is a classic. Christopher Priest, Gail Simone and Gerry Duggan/Posehn also did good work. And Rick Remender wrote Wade pretty well in Uncanny X-Force.
>>
>>15862815

Unc Force was pretty rad even if the last chapter felt phoned in. Through frankly I think that was more the fault of marvel given him the wrap it up sign because they wanted to reboot and get those delicious issue 1 sales.

You know what really sucks? It feels like it's been ages since an ongoing marvel series has hit the issue 50 milestone. Im not kidding look at how many number 1s they put out in the last few years.
>>
>>15862270
Spider Punk is the best Spider-verse Spidey, his one shot was amazing.
>>
>>15862215
Spider-verse's issue was more because Slott is bad in general. Also, toku spider-man was just there because of how outlandish for Spider-Man in general is to have a robot he wasn't supposed to have a big role which is why I don't get all the butthurt surroinding it. It's not "they shat on toku spidey", he got the same treatment as any alternative spidey that wasn't focused on the book, like MvC spidey or newspaper strip Spidey.

I do agree with the general idea of the post though, its not easy to translate a medium to another one, but the reason the execution is bad is because a)current writers are bad(specially at Marvel) and b)they aren't really toku fans(partially understandable as they're comic writers). A good writer that's familiar with both mediums could pull it off I think.
>>
>>15862923
>It feels like it's been ages since an ongoing marvel series has hit the issue 50 milestone.
We had, technically, a 100th issue last month. I say technically because they explained it by mixing the Ultimate universe Ultimates(Ultimate Avengers) with the current 616 Ultimates(a completely unrelated group that happens oto fight an Ultimate Universe villain)'s volumes.
They're also renumbering other titles so we're gonna get bigger numbers soon.
>>
>>15863216

Slott wasn't bad on She-hulk, at least, for a while. He's a decent comedy writer, he's just not great at drama and became more concerned with actively upsetting fans over time because it generated buzz and sales.
>>
Why do every thread /co/ trash make on another board always turn into some kind of colony for them to propagate their bullshit? Fuck off.
>>
>>15862762

No, Superman was originally going to be the Ultra Humanite.
>>
>>15863332
/co/mblr a shit, but this thread isn't even bad and most of the worst posts are from tokufags.
>>
>>15859906
>hits the road whenever he can
>>
>>15857386
so he's retarded then.

as the real world example of Trayvon Martin shows us, vigilantes are allowed by law to shoot the criminal dead, as long they draw first blood.

In short its the extremely retarded moral code Batman has prevents him killing criminals or the comic book sales.
>>
>>15863073
Yeah, I liked him.

>>15863216
>b)they aren't really toku fans
I'm wactually thinking more of Marvel's Star Wars comics when I shit on their inability to write characters we already know. None of that stuff is in character, it's truly woeful. The guys they have on Star Wars (ALL of their Star Wars comics) make Slott look like a genius.
>>
>>15865293
Trayvon Martin sparked a humongous controversy, protests, riots, and a trial. For one thing, Batman can't go to a fucking trial so he can't be legally cleared of such an act. For another that kind of civil outrage will lead to a destabilized public which is the opposite of what Batman wants.
>>
File: sun-ar-vulcanstick.jpg (8 KB, 240x180)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>15857103
Counterargument: Vulcan Stick.
>>
People only care about American comic book characters when they leave the comic books to appear in other mediums.
>>
File: IMG_01551.png (3.95 MB, 1536x1696)
3.95 MB
3.95 MB PNG
>>15867580
Its because Trayvon Martin is a dindu.

who would spark an outrage if he killed Joker. First of all, since Joker is probably has no more legal name, he can't be treated as a person. Killing Joker would in fact, in an absurd interpretation of the would, is not murder.

Also, as Injustice shows us, Batman and only Batman is the bleeding heart idiot for protecting criminal rights over the victims' privacy. even Alfred and Supes pointed out that Batman may have secretly wanted to suck that Joker D
>>
>>15867861
Why doesn't Batman just rape the Joker ?
>>
>>15856271
It's incredibly silly and just all around a load of dumb fun.
>>
>>15859744
Because they actually talk about toku heroes and adults seriously discussing superheroes is inherently cringy. All we do here is shitpost about nothing and bitch at people trying to discuss the shows themselves for "blogposting" Not just for toku but in general. /m/ has gone to absolute fucking shit.
>>
>>15867939
I don't know, Commissioner. I just don't know.
>>
>>15867861
>since Joker is probably has no more legal name, he can't be treated as a person
That's not a thing. Killing a John Doe is still murder.
>>
>>15868012
>Because they actually talk about toku heroes

They don't know fuckall about what they'r talking about and can only interpret tokusatsu characters through the lens of the capeshit they've been brainwashed on since childhood. They have nothing of worth to contribute to any discussion and indeed all /co/ posters should be branded and prohibited from posting outside their containment board.
>>
File: heroes.png (138 KB, 394x521)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
Is this accurate?
>>
>>15868115
John Doe murder victims are just that, unidentified.

Joker probably has no established legal name, no proof of citizenship. For all we know, Joker might even be a citizen of bumfuckistan, and he might just be a naughty tourist.

Because if let's say, like in the pic above, Supes killing Joker, where will the trial take place? Has America the authority to trial Supes if Joker was actually a citizen of Qward?
>>
>>15868158

Yes.
>>
>>15868154

Well, royalty is almost entirely vestigial in most places these days, so it could be.
>>
>>15867861
>Using Injustice as the base to discuss a character's personality
I REALLY shouldn't need to tell you why that is stupid.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (13 KB, 300x168)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>15868186
should I use Batman: The White Knight then?

For all the DC history, multiple people have already killed the Joker. even Gordon killed him by a point blank shot to the chest. Drake killed Joker. Everybody killed the Joker. Joker was killed in Kingdom Come. there was even an issue that a vigilante murdered the Joker and got away scott-free because the courts cant hold someone in trial for killing a non-person.

A lot of elseworlds stories have Joker killed. In fact, the only pansy ass Batman of the original earth is the only one who is uptight in killing joker.
>>
>>15868158
Crimes are judged in the country they are commited, do you seriously not know that? What the fuck
>>
>>15861022
Superman is a bitch to magic, it's his one real weakness. Wizard would fuck him up.
>>
>>15868626

Superman still has all his powers and magic isn't super effective against him like kryptonite or anything; he's usually depicted as just being actually vulnerable to it's effects instead of just shrugging it off like most stuff. He's still super fast, super strong, able to fly and shoot lasers and so on.
>>
>>15868012

> people talking seriously about a subject is cringey and presumably bad
> people not talking seriously about a subject makes a subject shit
> in fact, the subject is inherently bad to discuss with any kind of thought apparently

So what do you want out of a board? Should we all just be posting images and nothing more or something in your opinion?
>>
>>15862743

I don't think supervillain really applies, even going by the looser definition of the times that was written in where villains often just tweaked society's nose a bit and got a slap on the wrist for it. That Superman was written with a short, clear arc where he loses his powers after a brief stint of selfish crime and realizes the world will always remember him as an asshole if I recall. If the creators hadn't said he was the basis of the same Superman and they decided to make him a hero instead of a villain some time later I wouldn't even think of him as the same character, since beyond the name everything else is entirely different (origin, powers, plot, alignment etc).

>>15867861

There are a shrinking cadre of hard core comic fans who maintain their devotion to DC and/or Marvel, but most people either never bother with the comics or only dally with them for a time before seeking those characters in other media, because at least in other media there's a lot less faffing about and a better chance of resolution or consequence. Not a definite chance mind, but certainly a better one.

>>15868219

> In fact, the only pansy ass Batman of the original earth is the only one who is uptight in killing joker.

And all the animated Batmen. And at least a few of the movie ones. And most of the game ones. Elseworlds Batmen can get away with it since they're not planned to be on-going or have sequels, and even if they had a sequel there's enough other villains to tide them over for a while, where the more on-going stuff needs to keep him around in case the next author wants to use him.
>>
>>15868771
Because other media will only capture the best parts of DC and leave the trash in the comics. I used to read DC comics and most arcs are just pointless fluff even if they are decent they are almost never ground breaking. There's never any real progression, characters just return to be defeated again and they circlejerk a few characters way too hard (Batman, Harley Quinn)
>>
>>15856701
Ace the Bat-hound.
>>
File: Batman_Earth-51_001.jpg (177 KB, 684x1024)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>15868771
what I mean is, if I can exactly understand all the DC multiverse, Batman of Earth-1 is the only one who is pretty much hung up on killing.

Batman of Earth-52 killed Joker, then proceeded to kill all the supervillains to all of the other superheroes rogue gallery, which caused a super universe-wide peace.
>>
>>15867654
...so Superman if he were a trio of club-type weapons.
>>
>>15868219
> the courts cant hold someone in trial for killing a non-person.
As already stated, that's not how it works. Fucking comic writers.
>>
>>15869286

The main universe in DC comics is Earth 0, not Earth 1. That aside, plenty of other Universe's Batmen are hung up on killing, including the aforementioned animated ones, because several of those, including Young Justice and Batman Beyond are part of the current DC multiverse. A lot of the current crop don't even have a Batman, because they're where Vertigo or alternate Fawcett or Quality comics characters reside among other things.
>>
>>15869445
Animated series literally do not matter. Comics are all that matter.
>>
>>15869570
The DCAU (although by the time of Beyond), including even the alternate Earth from the Justice Lords episodes, are part of the current DC comics multiverse.
>>
File: 5866020-6243497702-TLidt.jpg (884 KB, 1920x1476)
884 KB
884 KB JPG
>>15869343
And reality is more weird than comics. I mean, Joker nuked a city with a million people, and still Batfags want him to be put in trial. Bin Laden just parked a plane on twin towers and he got two bullets to his head and everyone cheered, no trial whatsoever. REALITY IS WEIRD.
>>
>>15856244
Only if the American heroes are handled with the same tone as the toku heroes.
>>
>>15869640
Superman was right.
>>
Am I the only one that wants Classic Kamen Rider and Captain America to team up to fight a Shocker/Hydra teamup?
>>
>>15869736
I'm pretty sure there's fanart of them
>>
>>15860152
I am when a bitch pretty much made her a self insert.

Fuck Heather Antos.
>>
>>15858044
How would it work?

>The Ultras send their latest guy over to Superman's Earth after realising that the kaijus are aiming for that, the Ultra arrives, uses a human disguise as per normal.
>Superman senses the arrival of the Ultra and tracks him down.
>Both instinctively know that each other aren't normal humans, but don't know if they are a threat to this Earth
Then?
>>
>>15869570

I didn't say they mattered, I said they were part of the current DC 52 multiverse and that they included other Batmen who were hung up on killing after an anon said that only the main comic Batman was hung up on it.

>>15869640

When did Joker nuke a city? Not that he hasn't tried mass murder in the past, he's just usually stopped that I know of.
>>
>>15870398
Injustice story. Joker rigged Lois Lane, and put a fear gas with kryptonite. When Supes got hit by the kryptonite plus fear gas, he hallucinated that Lois is Doomsday, he killed Lois accidentally, which is the trigger of the nuke. killing the whole Metropolis save for some superheroes.
>>
>>15870398
In a fit of rage, Superman killed the Joker. and things like images above happened, like Supes outright telling Batman is kinda gay for Joker.
>>
>>15870460

Every thing I hear about Injustice makes it sound more and more grimderp. It comes off like those "X kills the Marvel Universe" stories really.
>>
>>15870464
It's a story made for idiots basically. None of the characters act with any sort of logic or sense.
>>
>>15857348
>KR stops Croc
>Helps him realize the error of his ways
>Croc vows to serve justice to attone for his crimes
>3 issues later, croc gets his own driver.
>"Kamen Rider Croc... Henshin!"
>>
>>15870398
Then, Batman already decided that Superman is a fucking murderer and will be a fascist.

Superman, after grieving, decided that all the supervillains rampage must end, so Supes and the group who supports him decided to send all the supervillain caught in the negative dimension so they can't kill people anymore.

Then, Batman, as the fucking moral retard that he is, decided that criminal rights takes precendence over everything else, decides to help the supervillains.

Oh and Nightwing died.
>>
>>15857539
Okay, you clearly don't know what you're talking about. If Superman did manage to put up a fight, the sentai would get some new collectible gimmick, whether its a battery, a shuriken, a tiny globe, whatever, and it'd give them kryptonite powers.
>>
>>15870398
Then, many things happened.

As always, Supes tries to make things right, but Batman is always determine to expose Supes as the murdering fascist that he is. So he always schemes and do backhand deals to basically terrorize the earth, and always put Supes in a position that in order to save the earth, he must kill the enemy, just so Batman can jump up and down and scream "See, see! I told you Superman is a murderer!"
>>
>>15870464
well, superhero comics are always derpy, just in diffirent kind of derp for that time of yearly crossover event.

And I can't seriously believe anyone likes any superhero character that is vehemently against killing for some misguided self-righteousness. This is like those JRPG "if you kill him, you'll be like him" or what we usually complain here about mecha MCs that refuse to kill like Kio or Jesus Yamato
>>
>>15870496
It's Lawful Good statism. Batman specifically does take it to a ridiculous degree because of the sheer extent of his rogues' crimes, but it is a good philosophy for a superhero to live by, given they're supposed to be symbols of law and order. It works on some level for Batman because one of his big gripes about Gotham is that the police fail to uphold law and order. Writers who present it as, "if I kill the villain I'm no better than the villain," miss the trick, it should be, "if I kill the villain I'm guilty of the same kind of lawlessness as the bent cops."
But when you've got the Joker running around getting involved with Latin American revolutionaries, gassing cities, murdering on a whim and showing time and again that he cannot be reformed, you have to ask yourself how it's more moral to just let him slide through the system again. And that's just the most extreme example of Batman's rogues gallery. That's why I'd say it works better with characters like, for example, Hal Jordan, who's part of an intergalactic criminal justice system that can effectively deal with his villains, or the Flashes, whose villains don't tend to be that extreme (although when they do get out of hand Barry seemed totally willing to fuck that ideal off and snap Zoom's neck).
>>
>>15870475
Geez, Dick, talk about shit luck. Doesn't even get killed by a meta-human.
>>
>>15870516
Why why why do people say Batman is about law and order? He's a fucking vigilante who breaks any law he fucking feels like as long as he doesn't kill someone like its the only fucking law in existence. Kidnap, torture, robbery, breaking and entering, hes done all of it.
>>
>>15868154
Yes.
>>
>>15870535
Because the actual offices of law and order have broken down entirely in Gotham.
>>
>>15870522
He gets killed by Damian, right? Fuck, does anyone actually like that little shit? I'm definitely biased because my only exposure to him is through the animated movies, but he seems like a manifestation of everything wrong with tween angst and rebelliousness.
>>
File: Batman '66 055-020.jpg (337 KB, 2048x1536)
337 KB
337 KB JPG
This thread needs more of the best Batman villain Lord Death Man.
>>
File: Batman '66 055-069.jpg (501 KB, 2048x1536)
501 KB
501 KB JPG
>>15871131
>>
>>15859906
>Spider-man vs Ant-man
>>
>>15870516
At least the Joker (on one occasion) had enough morals to realize that he was working with a goddamn nazi.
>>
File: 1471876272269.jpg (226 KB, 1078x712)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
>>15871081
There's a local /co/ shitposter (Damifag) who loves and defends Damian Wayne and is heavily implied to be a 13 year old Arab girl from Germany with autism
She gets easily triggered when Damian is called out or gets hurt
>>
>>15870464
Injustice is nothing but rehash of Justice Lords, but also as a AAA game-tie in, and Justice Lords is nothing else but a rehash of Kingdom Come, which is just a rehash of the scraps of Twilight of the Gods by Alan Moore, which was deemed too edgy by DC to use with their main superheroes, so he retooled the story with D-list tier superheroes, but DC still doesn't approved it, so he made the story with literal DONUT STEEL characters and named the story Watchmen.
>>
>>15872261
Now apparently Watchman is back in DC?
>>
File: Watchmen-1-600x374.jpg (54 KB, 600x374)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>15872261
well, apparently, Dr. Manhattan left the Watchmen Universe to the DC Universe because it is "less complicated" lol

But yeah, Watchmen is starting to be re-written to be included in the whole DC multiverse.
>>
This topic make me think of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCdrAnbXYRY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bd2G_9tq4M
>>
>>15871081
He was novel to start with, got progressively better up to (Dick Grayson) Batman and Robin, but then he can't of stalled and stopped being in any way interesting to read after Return of Bruce Wayne.
>>
>>15872261
Nah, you're very off midway through there. Watchmen was originally meant to use the Charlton heroes (Captain Atom, Blue Beetle, Question and such) at a time when they were still a separate Earth, not the main DC Universe. DC ultimately still decided against it though.

Twilight of Super Heroes might have had some influence in Kingdom Come's ending, but overall it was very different. Twilight had Heroes divided in multiple corrupt clans ruling parts of America. The biggest similarities to Kingdom Come comes from the final battle resulting in most heroes dying or retiring and humanity taking the responsibility for the future of the world.

Justice Lords actually started as a way to make a more three dimensional Crime Syndicate. Although they went so far from the basic concept they basically dumped the ties to it and went with original name for the group and designs.
>>
File: The first superhero.png (75 KB, 440x330)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
>>15868154
You're forgetting someone very important
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ōgon_Bat
>>
>>15875556
I thought that jobber skeleton jerk was a riff on him
>>
>>15875574
Lord Death Man? He was a pre-existing Batman villain called Death-Man, and he kept that name in the Bat-Manga. The "Lord" was added by the English translator for some reason.
>>
>>15859521
I'd give a small shout out to Blade King. Kenzaki is literally immortal, it doesn't matter how fucking powerful your opponent is if you can't actually be killed what so ever.
>>
>>15875917
No from Kinnikuman
>>
>>15859532
>prevent damage from spreading any further
>accomplish nothing
Choose one, memester.
>>
>>15875556

> Ogon Bat was first introduced in 1930
> Even The Shadow was only created in 1930, and that was only as a radio broadcaster's voice as a gimmick for sales with said personality receiving so much attention they decided to create a character and serial for him in 1931

Ogon Bat's history is fairly blank in comparison to many Western characters, so it's harder to find out what kind of stories were being told about him in 1930 and if he took a while to gel the way characters like The Shadow did, but he really does seem to be the first Superhero as we'd think of them today and with all the cliches involved (costumed, has a villain, super powers etc). I learned something today, thanks very much anon.
>>
>>15875969
Oh, Kinkotsuman.

>>15876197
Not that anon, but he was apparently popular in Kamishibai theatre way before he got a movie and anime.
>>
>>15876212

He was created for Kamishibai theater in 1930 apparently yes, and obviously didn't get anime or manga till a few decades later. I'm curious if he was always that character in Kamishibai theater, or if he started out with no costume but superpowers or what have you. The Wiki page has no real information on it though, so I'll have to go digging some time. Still, he certainly seems to be the first super hero.
>>
>>15876289
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah-Nzt38xa4
>>
The Ougon Batto anime has subs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_iUR64ppwI
>>
>>15876522
Pretty sure the black and white live action movie did, too
>>
>>15868297
Qward exists in the Anti-Matter Universe Anon. The Jury of Weaponers and with the Antimonitor presiding as Judge I don't like our chances of seeing justice done.
>>
>>15868154
But where would Super Sentai/Power Rangers rank?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.