[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 85773l.jpg (123 KB, 426x600)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
Episode 6 of Twilight Axis is out and you can watch it here:

https://ww3.gogoanime.io/mobile-suit-gundam-twilight-axis-episode-6

This time, besides a 9 minute run time, some serious shit is going on.
>>
can we pretend that this piece of shit fanfiction doesn't exist?
>>
>>15866495
Why lie to yourself instead of accepting the truth? It's easier that way, but you have to admit that some of the ms's/ma's are quite delicious.
>>
File: 12412570.png (101 KB, 262x270)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
>>15866469
Just watched the whole series, didn't take long shocking
It was a piece of shit, the short synopsis description still has more plot than the actual series

>>15866495
Yeah this is basically the new G-Saviour, but at least G-Saviour has meme status, this is just forgettable and disappointing
What was the point? why not just release the model kits?
>>
>>15866502
Kits of ''Not Alex'' with ma attachment and that red ma would be really welcome.
>>
This has officially ruined Gundam. WTF was that? I'm so over this newtype bs that gives people special powers.
>>
>>15866512
>"Hey remember the Axis shock at the end of CCA? remember? remember? well we are doing it again,be cause remember?"
>>
>>15866512
(You)
>>
File: v6Nxfaz.jpg (451 KB, 1412x2000)
451 KB
451 KB JPG
>>15866469
All this series does is add more fuel to the fire that Char likes kids, but also makes him a savior of newtype kids being thrown out of the Federation. Char is officially Gundam's Professor X.
>>
>>15866570
iirc the girl was from the Flanagan institute
>>
>>15866531
I try to forget that every single day anon...
>>
>>15866469
Isnt this the last episode? Will there be more chapters released for the LN?
>>
This was fucking god awful
Especially when they had to end it with a girl with daddy issues throwing an autistic fit and crying to use her space autism magic
Also forced Char wank
>>
>>15866531
I KNOW WHAT THAT IS
>>
I unironically enjoyed the (translated chapters of the) novel, what does that make me?
>>
>>15866667
>>15866531
>>15866512
>>15866502
>>15866495
People that post on /m/ like they are 11 year olds in a Youtube comment section are annoying as fuck.
>>
>>15866691
I don't think you've ever been on a YT comment section then.
>>
>>15866699
2elite4that
>>
Was this written by a woman? Arlette is literally some sort of self-insert for a woman in love with Char, and even going as far as vilifying Lalah. Never mind the fact that Char himself was the manbaby obsessed with Lalah and not so much the other way around.

What the fuck is this? I literally cannot believe this was written by a man, maybe a man who wants to be a little anime girl. This is perhaps even worse than those awful Republic Commando novels
>>
>>15866469
It makes sense that something like this should be a thing, but the execution just seems to disappoint the basic concept.
>>
>>15866783
I, uhh, found Arlette to be pretty endearing. And cute. I've only read the novel though
>>
>>15866469
what the fuck
>>
>>15866682
how different is the novel from the anime?
>>
I understand the point of the anime and why they did what they did.

>can't have some random 'special-but-not-really' mooks outperform a fucking Gundam
>nobody wants to see a Puru lookalike die again
>Gundam pilot was a random arrogant schmuck who wasn't good enough to matter in main continuity
>Psychoframe power of friendship makes everyone realize the conflict was retarded and everyone should just go home and be family people
>entire adventure was about Arlette's closure

Thats what they wanted to do, and they did it. All that being said, why did they expect people to give a shit?

>Slam Lalah
>Idolize Char
>paint Arlette as a traumatized victim of war, despite how she was one of the primary Zeonic engineers up until Char's death
>portray Arlette as deserving of a happy ending, despite how she helped design Sazabi and was complicit in Char's plot to destroy the Earth
>Gundam pilot is so thoroughly arrogant and unlikable that no one can root for him, despite how hes just cleaning up Zeon scum
>psychoframe farted the big green wave off the will of one weak newtype, largely ignoring the fact that the green wave was the manifestation of the will of humankind in the Earth Sphere
>WHOOPS YOU WERE A CUTE GIRL ALL ALONG I GUESS I CANT KILL YOU NOW IM JUST GONNA FAP TO YOU AND HAVE YOU CLEAN UP MY DIRTY UNDIES
>>
So, whens the OST? Because theres one thing this was good for its the Axis song that was already played in the PV clips. Rarely have I heard a Gundam "compositions" that was so simple yet so uplifting and "hype inducing". So much better than what we get in most shows.
>>
>>15866895
>despite how hes just cleaning up Zeon scum
The fucker was working for the Ronahs.
>>
>>15866923

THE ONLY GOOD ZEON IS A DEAD ZEON
>>
>>15866469

What was the point of all this? The entire series was about nothing. No-one died, both MAs were wrecked, and the 'villain' basically gave up on the fight because he had a mid-battle epiphany.

I mean, it was basically meaningless.
>>
>>15866923
Wait, really? I thought he was just working for some schmuck collectors/junkers/pirates. If so, that's pretty neat.
>>
>>15867365
The Busch Concern started out as a military refurbisher/junker or something. They collect old decommissioned equipment for the military and scrap it
>>
>Banana does Axis Shock level stuff by himself in a top of the line suit with some allies around but very few newtypes.
>TWA girl does Axis Shock level stuff by herself in an old mobile armor.
>>
Back in our day, our Gengdem shorts were glorious, self-contained, canon-bending CG shitposts!
>>
>>15866783
I can't find any info on the author other than his name, but he seems to have inherited Fukui's unhealthy obsession with Newtype reality-bending magic. at least the story isn't as stupid as UC Phoenix Hunter.
>>
>>15867384
This.

The ONLY function Twilight Axis serves is to connect post-Unicorn UC with Late UC.
>>
I'm all for Char wank, but this is just misunderstanding his character. Even Full Frontal from Unicorn knew he was a reflection of the Char people wanted to see, not a replica of the real, flawed individual.
>>
>>15867659
And they fail at that too
Since nothing is explained in the show
>>
>>15867963
It's actually not quite as awful if you read the (unfinished) novel.
>>
>>15867980

Nothing will justify a literal who making her own axis shock in a tantrum
>>
>>15867998
That doesn't happen in the novel (at least yet). I kinda meant in general the writing is much more clear.
I also haven't gotten around to watching anything but the first episode but there's two "bad guy" pilots in the novel and one of them is the Tristan's pilot. The other is his brother and he pilots a Byralant Isolde
>>
What's up with the stiff action and slow pacing?
Why wasn't this given the same budget as say, Thunderbolt?
>>
>>15868094
Sunrise is trying really hard to cut costs. This was just promotional material for the novel. You're supposed to say "wow that sure was neat. I should go buy the novel to really understand what's going on".
>>
>>15868105
Didn't work.
>>
The last episode made more sense than the rest of the series combined.
>>
Are we supposed to understand what is going on?
>>
File: Ahava azieru.png (218 KB, 1037x453)
218 KB
218 KB PNG
>Ahava Azieru
>This mobile armor was left incomplete within Axis. The unit was later reactivated hastily by Arlette to fight against the Birnam mobile suits. It engaged the RX-78KU-01 Kurwenal however the outdated mobile armor was disarmed and rendered immobile.
>>
File: Kurwenal.png (211 KB, 1113x355)
211 KB
211 KB PNG
>>15868202
>>
>>15868111
Worked for me but I enjoy reading.
>>
>Kurwenal

I find this name to be amusing.
>>
>>15868385
I enjoy reading too. But I'm not exactly enthralled by the idea of reading the book that inspired this mess.
>>
File: look of disdain.png (39 KB, 294x218)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
>>15866469
All of it could have been compressed in an 18 minute long Short ONA and had worked out decently as a glorified promo for a light novels.
MC definitely feels like self insert UC fags
>>
>>15868415
It feels more like extreme retardation than anything else. It managed to be even dumber than the Unicorn conspiracy.

How the fuck did Anaheim, the Vist, ECOAS, Londo Bell, and the main branch of the Federation manage to miss literally every piece of tech in the aftermath of CCA? Enough that anything in Twilight Axis could even happen.

Hell, how the fuck did even the Sleeves miss all this shit?

God damn this managed to make the special ending to Blue Destiny in Missing Link make more sense.
>>
>>15868081
Well his brother does appear in the anime but we don't get to properly see him. We only hear him. Then we never see him in the later episodes. I'm guessing he's fleshed out more in the novel?
>>
>>15869042
>I'm guessing he's fleshed out more in the novel?
As much if not more than the Tristan pilot.
>>
>>15868395
So because 2016 Berserk is a shitty chink slide show, you wouldn't read the manga?
>>
>>15868202

Would Char have won if he piloted this instead of Sazabi?
>>
>>15868202
>>15868203
They look like something out of BFT or AGE
>>
>>15868438
>God damn this managed to make the special ending to Blue Destiny in Missing Link make more sense.
explain
>>
Wow, they really took some liberties waifu'ing up Arlette into this perfect princess bore.
She's usually portrayed as way more genki and devious.
>>
When does the whole thing come out? Watching a feature in snippets over the course of months is not acceptable to me.
>>
>>15871668
Its all out now.
>>
File: [000011gavaior.png (125 KB, 309x231)
125 KB
125 KB PNG
>>15868202
>>15868203
wtf WHAAT
>>
>>15869887
The additional content for Blue Destiny included in Missing Link side stories is really dumb.

One, after Yuu gets BD03 he runs into Slave Wraith while they're going after Pale Rider. Kind of a throwaway to justify Blue Destiny being redone for Missing Link.

However the CCA ending was really stupid, but not nearly as dumb as Twilight Axis.

Yuu is a Jegan pilot with Londo Bell; fought against Neo-Zeon with Amuro on the Ra Cailum. During the Axis fall Yuu is one of the first Jegans to jam himself into Axis to help push it back. Then when Amuro triggers the Axis Shock Miracle the spirit of Marion, the newtype girl at the core of the EXAM system, reaches out through time to talk to him and guides his Jegan away from Axis because the newtype miracle will take save Earth.
>>
File: 1504269222804.jpg (17 KB, 260x273)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>15866895
>>nobody wants to see a Puru lookalike die again
She hardly looks like a Puru though? Come on anon, you're stretching shit, Just because her hairstyle and clothing colour scheme are similar you shouldn't be generalizing.

But that aside, I really don't understand what's going on with Lalah though. Is she "supposed to be bad" right here or what? I can't seem to like Arlette, she's a goddamn mary sue.
>>
>>15868438
>How the fuck did Anaheim, the Vist, ECOAS, Londo Bell, and the main branch of the Federation manage to miss literally every piece of tech in the aftermath of CCA? Enough that anything in Twilight Axis could even happen.

Maybe it will all be explained in the new Moon Gundam manga that will be coming out in two weeks?
>>
>>15866895
We haven't seen Puru in years though
>>
>>15871805

I don't really see how any of that is dumb anon, knowing Yuu was in action till then that he even got to witness the Axis shock firsthand is great.

Something actually dumb would be the Efreet Kai and BD1 surviving their last battle and going into space to then have another last battle so they can switch to BD2&3 later.
>>
>>15871805
That... that's silly and shoehorned, but at the same time that's kind of a strangely sweet little epilogue.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.