[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Did you know that MD Geist became a Digimon?
Anyway, general Digi-thread. Been playing Next Order lately and it really tickles my nostalgia for Digimon World 1, since that was the second game I ever owned. Currently have Justimon & Beelzemon maxed out stats except for HP & MP.
You think they'll ever make a World game for console from the ground up? We could use better animations and details and more Digis. I almost feel like a Monster Hunter fan here. Meramon looks like ass and it makes me sad. The lack of Andromon also really hurts.
I stopped watching the anime after Frontier, is Savers/XrosWars/that new show any good? Anything since Our War Game actually focus on the franchises cyberpunk potential?
>>
I like how Digimon World, ReDigitize & Next Order actually encourage the player to use a variety of monsters over time due to the death mechanic, unlike say, Pokemon. My only complaint about Next Order is how I couldve cleared even the post game on only my 5th generation. In the original I went thru many failed generations, but that may have been because I sucked back then.
Reminder that if they dont poop it ain't a real Digimon game
>>
>>15900960

The death mechanic sucked turds right out of an asshole. Most of the time you were stuck training a digimon for the fight of it's life. Then it'd die shortly after and you'd have to start over, which made beating digimon who appear in certain conditions hard. Digimon who appeared randomly and tournaments above rookie level were impossible to beat.
At least Sukamon and Numemon could eat shit.
>>
>>15901232
You're doing it wrong. You train to evolve not for fights. For fights you get certain op attack moves and cheap healing & youre set once youre ultimate/mega
>>
The death mechanic sucks. But they can keep making games with it as long as they continue to make games that don't have it too. I just want series aside from Adventure, Tamers and Savers to get love in games. Pretty much all of the main characters in those games get their Digimon in games. But Frontier and Xros Wars barely get anything.
>>
>>15901392

My bad, I should had said I'm speaking about Digimon World on the PSX in particular.
>>
File: Best Mon.jpg (2.8 MB, 1340x2260)
2.8 MB
2.8 MB JPG
>>15900937
>Anyway, general Digi-thread.
Quick Post Best Mon
>>
File: Best Evil.jpg (614 KB, 1300x870)
614 KB
614 KB JPG
>>15902238
Even has the best Veil digivolution
>>
File: CharCustomdramon.jpg (310 KB, 1280x720)
310 KB
310 KB JPG
>>15902238
The strongest digimon according to its profile, now three times faster!
>>
>>15901738
>But Frontier
That's because Frontier ruins the whole dynamic by making the Protags The Digimon removing the whole bond between them thing which you sort of need in a Mon Game
>>
>>15901738
>>15902367
Also Xross Wars got DS games (one Red one Blue)
>>
>>15902367
Agnimon and Wolfmon have child forms. I'm not saying Frontier needs a game but I want the Digimon in more games. I don't think things like Fairymon, Chakmon or Blitzmon have been usable in any console games.
>>
>>15902406
I just want Cyberconnect 2 to make a Digimon Fighting game. I mean they're done with Naruto now and are owned by the same company why can't we have a great Digimon fighter
>>
That show no one remembers have been running ends this weekend.
It's been a fun little ride even if it's been heavility episodic there's been a certain charm to specifically the Appmon that none of the other shows have really managed to hit in the same way. Even if Appmon doesn't continue past this show, I do hope the visual ideas and handling of the Appmon carries over into the future. The complete CGI look really made the Appmon stand out, and Wargreymon looked pretty cool too like that.
>>
>>15900937
>Anything since Our War Game actually focus on the franchises cyberpunk potential?
Debatably Tamers.
>>
File: chaosmon.jpg (522 KB, 960x960)
522 KB
522 KB JPG
>>15902406
What handheld games that weren't Frontier games (...did those even exist?) have them?

>>15900937
>Did you know that MD Geist became a Digimon?

Did you know it's half of one of the first Omegamon ripoffs?
>>
>>15900937
>is Savers/XrosWars/that new show any good?

-Savers, as the first of the series with a more shonen atmosphere, is surprisingly solid.
-Xros Wars has some flaws, but is highly enjoyable.
-Appmon has a lot of glaring flaws, but it's also pretty enjoyable.

>>15902394
>We'll never get a Xros Wars Gold version that borrows from the Death Generals arc
I'm still pissed about this.

>>15902660
On the V-Pets side, Bolgmon was featured in the Digimon Accel Ultimate Genome. Agnimon and Fairymon were in the Xros Loader too.

>>15902660
Who, Flamon and Strabimon? None. So far Agnimon's been the sole representative of Frontier since Super Xros Wars.
>>
>>15902847
>Agnimon and Fairymon were in the Xros Loader too.

Yeah, but Agnimon doesn't need to worry about having been in a handheld game - it was in Digimon World 3 (as was Garummon and... I want to say Ancientgreymon?).
>>
>>15903294
>Yeah, but Agnimon doesn't need to worry about having been in a handheld game

Hah, I mentioned him without even thinking. Damn OCD.

>(as was Garummon and... I want to say Ancientgreymon?).

That is true. Given the track record, it's kind of amazing Garummon even got in at all. And as a Jogress between Growmon and Gryzmon, no less.
>>
>>15902367
The dumb thing is in that in the final episode, they showed the spirits were sentient the whole time.

Whe could have an interesting dynamic where the digimon depend on the humans to fight for them, but no.
>>
>>15905197
Wasn't Frontier also guility for having the other human characters (with exception of Takuya and Kouji) be gigantic cheerleaders?
>>
File: quantum spin thingy.jpg (74 KB, 624x420)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>15902529
debatably?
>>
>>15905207
Or just completely ignored, despite having the most filler out of every season..
>>
>>15905225
>Mix of Japanese and English character names
>All English Digimon names
What?
>>
Unpopular opinion: I like GeoGreymon/RiseGreymon better than Greymon/MetalGreymon
>>
File: Freedom.png (904 KB, 1280x720)
904 KB
904 KB PNG
>>15905343
RizeGreymon and ShineGreymon's wings vaguely remind me of the Freedom Gundam's wings.
>>
>>15905352
They literally have Destiny Gundam's wings.
>>
>>15905230
Digimon has a weird track record of renaming some characters and not others. Usually the ones who keep their full name get shortened, T.K. in the English dub was still named Takeru, and Junpei was shortened to J.P.
>>
>>15905197
>The dumb thing is in that in the final episode, they showed the spirits were sentient the whole time.

They showed that they were sapient in that episode with the Digitama nursery, where they had all ten spirits out at once and it sort of actually worked (but failed to accomplish anything because that's the theme of that arc in the show).

Frontier went to fucking shit after Cherubimon died, and only picked up slightly after Lucemon showed up and did things like piledrive a guy into a moon so hard it blew up the other two moons.
>>
>>15905225
I always did find it weird that they introduced 4 kids who would have been perfect candidates to take on the mantle of the Spirits of Metal, Earth, Water, and Wood, and then immediately got rid of them, I have a feeling there might have been some heavy duty behind the scenes issues during Frontier's production that led to all the problems it had
>>
>>15905352
>>15905392
I always wanted to know if Soichiro Hoshi was cast before Rize and ShineGreymon's designs were finalized, or after.
>>
>>15900960
That's more to do with the fact that that's how Digimon is.

With that said the first game is untouchable when it comes to getting the feel of the original vp.
>>
>>15902367
Frontier is fine. The "dynamic" didn't really become meaningful until Tamers anyway. The problem with Frontier is essentially they magnified the series' problem "let's have a big cast but focus on the hero and the rival". Also the retarded Knights arc.
>>
>>15905352
They love Gundam references. Shoutmon X3 onwards has vulcans.

>>15905343
And I have a super unpopular opinion - I like Xros Wars Greymon/Metal Greymon over the original.
>>
I'm looking forward to cyber sleuth 2, the first one was pretty good and the story was mildly interesting at times.
The only issue I really had with it was there weren't enough digimon, I think theres like 80 more this time?

Just give me dinobeemon to go along with paildramon instead of having one or the other, instead of 50 shades of meramon/gotsumon/other recolours.
>>
still looking for a blue xros loader - jap boxed
>>
File: 19899053.png (914 KB, 1319x800)
914 KB
914 KB PNG
>>15905343
>>15907070
I don't know how either of those could be unpopular. They're both vast improvements over OG Greymon/MetalGreymon. Well, the Vaccine versions anyway. Virus MG is still cool.

>>15907948
I hope you're not trying to find one for under $100, because it's fucking insane trying to track those things down.
>>
>>15907070
>Shoutmon X3 onwards has vulcans.

It also has what is basically just Great Mazinger's chest heat sink, complete with boomerang. And X5 is literally that backpack jetpack upgrade a few older robots had. Shoutmon line does a lot of random mecha references, but those are the biggest ones.
>>
I remember that in 2014 there used to be general threads about Digimon on here.
I wonder what happened those threads were really comfy.
>>
>>15908561
yep, even has that drill punch
>>
>>15909386
Digimon goes into semi-obscurity every few years where nothing really happens. Even Appmon went by relatively quiet despite its occasional mecha design and A.I focus. Though that's probably more to the extremely episodic nature and throwing away the Digimon aspects even more than Xros Wars did
>>
>>15909837
It's really the execution in the later portions of the series than the concept itself. Also like >>15906625 said, there was a whole plot thread with the Spirits being cognizant that could have been used as an interesting take on the partner concept, but they chose to drop.
>>
>>15908278

nah, that will be a score if i ever happen
>>
File: MetalGreymon X!.jpg (1.17 MB, 2100x1750)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
>>15905343
Agree with GeoGreymon as for Rise there's a better version of him
>>
>>15913645
Well, there's some up on eBay at the moment, though I think they're a little steep.

>>15914198
I don't know, that Trident Revolver is pretty based.
>>
File: brestofiya.gif (1.74 MB, 500x271)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB GIF
>>15908561
Actually, Imperialdramon was a Mazinger. Ignore the tumblr filter, couldn't find a good pic.
>>
>>15902131
Even there, all you gotta do is grind for the Ice Statue attack, then get a Digi with naturally high stat gains, like Megadramon
>>
>>15902660
>Did you know it's half of one of the first Omegamon ripoffs?
Yeah, I evolved my BanchoLeomon into Chaosmon. Banchos cape/jacket looks like ass in Next Order, compared to his really cool official art. Another reason we need a traditional World game built from the ground up for Consoles
>>
I miss some Digimon that haven't gotten any love for a long time. Monochromon, Vademon, Fridgimon, Giromon...
At least Mamemon & Tyrannomon are still relevant. RustTyrannomon is /m/ as fuck
>>
>you will never be back in the 90's having a classroom discussion on which of the monster shows(Pokemon, Digimon, Monster Rancher) is better.

Why even live.
>>
>>15905352
That garbage ass Data Squad game ruined them for me. Never seen the anime. Seriously, every Digimon you'd work your ass off to unlock was statistically inferior to the anime-canonical Megas that the storyline just hands to you. What a middle finger to everyone that isn't an autistic kid wanting to emulate the show. This is why Digimon lost popularity. Instead of playing up the strengths of the brand they shot themselves in the foot repeatedly just to try and fail to be another Pokemon. Bandai is so fucking dumb. Even CyberSlueth, with its 'wannabe Persona' thing, is a symptom of this. (NOT that im saying its a bad game... It was fun) Next Order was a breath of fresh air even if it was somewhat disappointing, at least they fucking tried to stay true to the V-Pets.
>>
>>15905343
I may hate your guts or agree with you, are you referring to shitty orange Metalgreymon or the OG Virus type Metalgreymon?
>>
>>15914919
Dude I still replay Monster Rancher 2 every few years... Same with Digimon World 1. Both were way better than Pokemons "take a generic JRPG and put fresh paint on it" approach
You could cross literally any Monster with Henger and make it /m/, so cool. Hell I even had a copy of the Disney Hercules game that gave me a Phoenix!
It took me ages to find a CD that gave up Metalner or the Whale(forget its name..), good times
>>
>>15914935
Monster Rancher DS is rather good, hell even their mobile Monster Rancher game was, a shame it got cut bout a year and a half ago.

Yeah, Henger/ or /Henger is M as fuck. Here is a old favorite of mine, Magic/Henger. It will never see the light of day again, as magic was a black man, as a monster you could enslave...and he liked to shoot uzi's at people, while stabbing them in the gut with dual-knifes...there was a reason this MR1 monster never made it past the first game.

Also, I got my phoenix from the PS1 Reboot game, which was not so good, but hey, it got me a phoenix, so it was worth the cost in the end.
>>
>>15914857
>has a dragon mode, but turns into a giant robot

Imperialdramon is something, but I don't think it's a Mazin.

>>15914879
Or do something crazy like abuse Digitamamon to get a Digimon with maxed stats at the Adult level and then slam the rest of the game.

That said, best Digimon game is by far Digital Card Battle and you cannot dispute this. Worst is World X, fuck that game and the train it rode in on.

>>15914901
>Fridgimon

So fun fact about Yukidarimon - it's one of an EXTREMELY small number of Ice digimon.

Like, seriously, there's shit for Ice digimon. You have Snowagumon, Icemon, Yukidarimon, that one Goblimon equivalent and its Ogremon recolor evolution, Ikkakumon>Zudomon>Vikemon, and then that's mostly the extent of it outside of the few things related to the actual Ice Spirits.

It's kind of absurd.
>>
>>15915321
>You have Snowagumon, Icemon, Yukidarimon, that one Goblimon equivalent and its Ogremon recolor evolution, Ikkakumon>Zudomon>Vikemon, and then that's mostly the extent of it outside of the few things related to the actual Ice Spirits.

(And Icedevimon. There's one or two other "ice variants", but really, it's not all that many. Not very many things get ice related attacks either, though there are at least a small number)
>>
>>15910077
Or maybe it's because the first few episodes were boring as fuck. No one wants the hero to be a kid with no self esteem who googles things.
>>
>>15914925

The main series was on the DS at that point. It sold well and they kept making them.

Maybe if you weren't so autistic you would know this
>>
File: dwm1gbc_front.jpg (91 KB, 504x500)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>15914919
Dragon warrior monsters was the best
>>
>>15910077
>>15915551
Appmon's ending was unfortunately terrible.

We're talking 02 levels of terrible.

A true shame because early on it was looking like it could have been great.
>>
>>15915321
So we're just forgetting the entire Gabomon line then?
>>
>no one talking about tri
It's still shit then?
Guess we will never have anything remotely decent from Digimon
>>
>>15916901
>What are Adventure, Tamers, Savers, and the first half of frontier?
>>
>>15914919
>Charming anime with great characters
>Fun games with unique gameplay
>Mecha

Medabots is best monster show.
>>
File: kouichi_kimura.jpg (46 KB, 640x480)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>Cool villain gets a redemption arc
>Has one real fight after joining the heroes
>Immediately sidelined and forgotten about afterwards

Why was Kouichi such wasted potential?
>>
>>15916570
>Gabumon

Gabumon and Garurumon are barely ice related, Weregarurumon outright has nothing to do with it, and Metal goes back to "barely ice related" (Especially in the anime, where it doesn't show one of the two goddamn moves it has that have anything to do with ice)

also special mention to how the dub treated metal's attack names
>>
>>15917238
Shame fan translations are hard to find as dodos for those games.
>>
>>15916934
I meant for the future numbnuts
>>
>>15917277
He was voiced by Shinn Asuka
>>
>>15914901
>I miss some Digimon that haven't gotten any love for a long time. Monochromon, Vademon, Fridgimon, Giromon...
well one nice thing about Digimon is that since theoretically almost any Digimon can evolve into any other, all of those guys can be given a full line in some form or another, heck Monochromon has a lot of options for it to evolve into at both Perfect and Ultimate level
>>
>>15916119
The fight scene was pretty cool, but...yeah that part at the very end in particular was some shit.

I also thought they'd do something like a 4-way applink between the God Digimon to power up, which would have been kind of an asspull, but still better than the random Minerva boost with which they resolved everything.
>>
>Ophanimon fuses with Raguelmon
>Turns into pic related

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>15914946
According to the Lore i think the Genie Monster was supposed to be the new Magic, seeing as how its what a Magic would turn into if you transferred it from the 1st game to the 2nd
>>
>>15915321
Sorcermon, Bluemeramon, Seadramon line... Actually, most water types can use ice attacks in games.
>>
>>15915556
>Maybe if you weren't so autistic you would know this
>ACKTUALLY posting in 2017 like a turbonerd
Dont be a fucking /v/ faggot towards me in my thread, cunt. I couldn't find Dusk/Dawn in stores back then. Sorry I insulted your favorite game
>>
>>15918139
>Sorcermon, Bluemeramon

Fuck, yeah, those two as well. Though Bluemeramon is eternally the odd one of the bunch, as its whole thing is that it's a Meramon with blue flames, and thus burns much hotter... which is why all of its attacks are ice! That makes total sense!

>Seadramon line

I could see an argument for Seadramon, since it does have a few ice attacks... but it is primarily water based. Megaseadramon is less icy than regular Seadramon, Waru has one goddamn move, and Metal and Giga don't even go that far. Meanwhile Seadramon X has one move like Waru, and Mega X doesn't have any at all.

It just bugs me. The whole thing with the spirits established water and ice are separate things, but since Daipenmon came out, I don't think we've gotten all that many new things that are ice based. And it's especially weird since "like this other thing, but COLD AND ICY" seems like such an obvious recolor thing, something the franchise still does fairly often... but they never do that anymore.
>>
I liked Appmon's ending. They get to keep their buddies and Haru got his grandpa back in exchange for losing his bf
>>
>>15914804

thanks! I do follow closely on ebay. Yup, I agree they're indeed steep.

could had gotten it at my local area a few months back but the box condition was pretty bad. :'(

hope this franchise can continue to innovate instead of whoring out season 1 nostalgia.

*I must say frontier's HK digivice gameplay was fun*
>>
File: GigaSeadramon_b.jpg (24 KB, 320x320)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
I'm so happy Betamon is starter in the new game.
>>
>>15918327
Did you not watch to the end? He seems to get his BF back too
>>
>>15900937

>MD Geist

can you back that up with a photo or name? i genuinely enjoy Geist and am curious which digimon is him.
>>
>>15920102
Betamon's a starter for hackers memory? I have to get in on this now. Seadramon is my favorite Digimon.
>>
>>15922038
That does assume Betamon -> Seadramon will be possible.

It probably will, but it wasn't in Sunburst/Moonlight at the very least.
>>
>>15922232
dusk and dawn had a lot of inexplicable lines, I don't think you can even get snowagumon in the wild in them, you need to degenerate seadramon, have it as a starter or make a digiegg with someone and hope you get it.
Pretty weird to obfuscate a fan favourite like that.
>>
>>15922232
Hacker's Memory looks like its Digimon roster is just an expansion pack on the first game, so I'm guessing all of the returning evolution lines will be the same.
>>
>>15917917
Wow, they really got lazy with that one. Looks more like a Garo final boss than a Digimon.

>>15920138
It's a joke based off Darkdramon's bio. Also the similarities between their designs.

>>15922253
SnowAgumon's a fan favorite? Still, it's kind of weird they'd do that, considering how easy it is to get other variants like BlackAgumon and ToyAgumon.
>>
>>15922828
no I meant seadramon is, so it's strange they'd make it less straightforward to obtain than usual
>>
>>15922283
in Japan, Hacker's Memory is literally DLC
>>
>>15916901
To tell you the truth I was kind of taken back when Ophanimon merged with Raguelmon and basically initiated the end of the world
Honestly it's the first time I've been hyped by Tri in some way.
Hated how they tried to pull the "our leader is dead" card when we already have a future at the end of 02
>>
>>15922828
>Looks more like a Garo final boss than a Digimon.
Well it's not supposed to be a digimon exactly.
>>
I'm waiting for the Digimon Linkz app to come out in the U.S. to see how it plays. It looks promising enough. (I'm low-key excited)
>>
So why does everyone think Tri is shit?
>>
>>15925701
People didn't expect it to focus on teen drama. The fights are pretty weak too. The 02 cast is treated like they don't exist. Even if you hate them it's still bad writing. The movies revolve around Meiko who was inserted simply to be a love interest and is boring as hell. They created a love triangle when one never existed but aren't even doing anything with it.
>>
>>15925776
>who was inserted simply to be a love interest

To who? None of the boys show any particular romantic interest in Meiko in the first seventeen episodes, unless there's suddenly something in the ones I haven't watched yet. Most of the Chosen have been paired off for literally over a decade. The only totally new shipping going on is the bug wanting to pollinate the plant.
>>
>>15925789
She and Taichi interact in the newest movie. The moment she was revealed in a trailer years ago people expected them to hook up. Her living in his apartment building just cemented that fact in peoples minds. But they rarely interacted at all until now. The movies instead pushed the homo subtext between Taichi and Yamato while pushing a triangle between Taichi, Yamato and Sora. The problem is that unless they change the epilogue we all know how this ends so it was just pointless teasing and will just reignite a decade old argument. They've teased Takeru and Hikari as well as Koshiro and Mimi. I doubt any of them will happen. I doubt we'll get an epilogue at all.
>>
File: Vobomon_linkz.jpg (63 KB, 1200x695)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>15924567
You think we'd really get something that cool? I mean, we got Crusaders for some reason, but that seemed like a fluke.
>>
>>15925803
>She and Taichi interact in the newest movie.

Oh my god, two characters in a show who are the opposite gender to one another fucking talk with each other!
>>
>>15925701
because its not cencoroll 2
>>
>>15925846
Considering how little it took for Yamato and Sora and Ken and Miyako to get married, any interaction seems to be okay with the writers.
>>
File: Digimonworld4.jpg (96 KB, 249x350)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
Pic related and Cyber Slut are the only two Digimon games I've ever played. Rate my taste.
>>
>>15925846
The return of retarded shippers latching onto any little bit of interaction as a sign that characters X and Y totally want to bang is how you can really tell that Digimon's come back.
>>
>>15925832
They said that they'll be releasing the app soon in the west for both the app store and google play, changing it to Links instead of Linkz, but that was two weeks ago apparently and I've been checking every day.
>>
>>15926107
I can't say your taste is good or bad, but I can say I pity you as one person who played that pile of bile to another.
>>
>>15926196
It's one of my favorite games baka desu senpai.
>>
>>15926219
I'm sure you've trained yourself well to keep that opinion.
>>
>>15926219
>>15926253
Guys, cyber sluts isn't that bad
>>
>>15925874
>>15926119
I hate how true both of these are.
>>
Digimon Adventures 1 was really comfy. Re-watching it last year I actually enjoyed it, minus the bad puns. Do they recreate that feel in future series? I watched the first episodes of adventures 2 and wasn't impressed but maybe I should give it a go.
>>
>>15928811
02 is fucking terrible, but the full extent of its terribleness doesn't really show until it gets a little later in. The early stuff is actually decent, when they're still fighting the Kaiser, but it's still not great - and even that's lost in the muddle of the later arcs, which produced all of one thing that was interesting specifically Nobuyuki Hiyama as Blackwargreymon.
>>
>>15900937
Is there any Digimon who can beat Omegamon X?
>>
>>15928906
You mean Steve Blum?
>>
>>15929577
Not everyone watched the american dub of 02 anon...
I watched the superior german dub instead.
>>
>>15929474
At least half of the Ultimate level Digimon released in the last decade years could eat him alive. He's not that special.
>>
>>15929607
ALL DELETE
>>
File: Jesmon_cs.jpg (130 KB, 872x700)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>15929615
>OS GENERICS
>>
>>15929635
>Temporarily rewrites its own data
ALL DELETE
>>
>>15929644
C'mon, bruh.

>Its "OS Generics" enables it to temporarily rewrite its own data and perform actions that transcend the laws of nature, leaving its physical abilities unbound by the laws of the Digital World and thus allowing Jesmon to overpower any enemy without taking a single scratch.
>>
>>15929734
>temporarily
Omega-In-Force
>>
>>15902238
My nigga
>>
>>15902238
>Implying
>>
File: Gran Locomon.gif (2.85 MB, 704x384)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB GIF
humanoid mechas take too much attention.
>>
>>15926107
World 4 was a mistake and I am sorry that you had to play it.
>>
File: Leomon_(Re-Digitize)_b.jpg (624 KB, 960x1321)
624 KB
624 KB JPG
This guy and his incarnations/forms keeps on dying
>>
>>15937783
For our sins

never forget that part
>>
>>15918126
Yeah, this is correct. There were a few replacements, I used to know them all offhand, but right now only remember the rare Monster Rancher 2 monsters as "gods" of Monster Rancher 3/4. Man I miss Mock, really enjoyed him mixed with Henger, it makes wooden bender before that was even a thing.
>>
Anyone playing that new phone game. I just burned all my gatcha eggs on the rare machine instead of the anniversary machine because i thought it was the same machine
>>
>>15920138
Do you forget what geists armor looks like or what
>>
>>15938845
See I played 2&3. Bought the ds game but progress in it is so slow that I became uninterested
>>
File: V-50_06_1.gif (101 KB, 316x422)
101 KB
101 KB GIF
>>15937783
See, this is why Leo is best Leomon. He told the curse to go fuck itself and got a bitching cape in the process.
>>
>>15936057
Loved Locomon. Fucking badass design.
>>
File: alpha_as_fuck.gif (2.4 MB, 540x304)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB GIF
This is Jou's girlfriend. Say something nice to her.
>>
>>15926219
>>15926433
he meant World 4, not Cyber Sleuth

which is a shame, cause an action RPG should have been the perfect fit for Digimon
>>
File: 1448085480284.webm (526 KB, 480x270)
526 KB
526 KB WEBM
>>15941063
>>
>>15925701
That third batch was legit good but every other part tends to be boring with action and plot crammed into the last ten minutes.
>>
>>15925701
>>15941492
This
And to top it all off, the waiting time between each part has been frustratingly long. The story from most of them was not worth the wait. And now that 5 out of 6 parts have been released, it is safe to say that the overall story of tri wasn't worth the wait either.
Tri was announced as a series back in 2014. It was later revealed to be an OVA series in May 2015 and it's first episode aired later that year in November. As of now, Toei has been dragging this story on for 2 years and will continue to drag it for at least 9 more months (if it gets released in June that is). And if you count in the waiting time from the first to the second announcement, and the waiting time until the first part, that's over THREE AND A HALF years worth of waiting.
What's frustrating is that all of this could've been less offensive, if tri was just another 24 part series released over 1 year - a standard anime series, like it was announced. It already is, if you look at how each part was divided into episodes by streaming sites. The ironic thing is that it works in that format, even if it's a continuous story.
>>
>>15917917
There is no way they aren't going to use Mastemon soon now
>>
>>15942761
They would need LadyDevimon for that though.
>>
>>15942766
In the last episodes Jesmon said she never actually evolved, she just "mutated", so we don't actually know her evolution yet
>>
File: Rasielmon.jpg (81 KB, 320x320)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>15942766
>>15942782
Nevermind, apparently this is Meicoomon true ultimate (another angel)
>>
>>15942790
They could always change things at the last minute, but they probably will find some excuse to have Rasielmon show up in the last episode.
>>
>>15942812
They have to fix Meicoomon or the plot will never fucking end. She'll show off her proper evolutions, Kari will pull out Ophanimon, and they'll beat up whatever goons end up representing Yggdrasil and Homeostasis.
>>
>>15942828
>have Jesmon show up
>make him job despite being literally the most hype digimon
>>
>>15942828
They are going to be fixed for sure, i just hope we'll get Ophanimon and not the furry dragon thing from 02.

>>15942833
I think the final blow will be delivered by Omegamon or whatever if power-up will be called if there will be one (this or a combined final blow, something has to happen since Omegamon isn't a match for neither Jesmon or Alphamon)
>>
>>15942862
>i just hope we'll get Ophanimon and not the furry dragon thing from 02.

It's kind of frustrating it could go either way. It's worth noting Holydramon was included in the recent Tri Memorial CCG set.

Then again, it is titled First Memorial Set, so there's probably going to be a second one stuffed with whatever surprises might pop up in the last Tri installment.
>>
>>15944240
Seraphimon's barely done anything in the last two movies
Ophanimon FM didn't do a damn thing

Why would you think that diet Ophanimon who is even plainer than either of them would actually do anything in the last movie?
>>
Are there any appmon games in english?
>>
>>15945674
We're allowed exactly as much action time per movie as it takes to play Brave Heart from beginning to end, minus however long it takes to run through all the evolution sequences. Thus we get the monkey's paw situation where everyone finally gets their Ultimate forms, but that means more and more time spent on evolution sequences in each movie and thus shorter and shorter fight scenes.
>>
>>15944240
Ophanimon did appeared in the DigiDevices they sold for tri. like a year ago
>>
>>15925776
>The fights are pretty weak too.
Alphamon was pretty hype in the first part.
>>
>>15946156
I liked the Jesmon parts too in the last episodes
I hope they'll settle things between him, Alphamon and Omegamon in the last part before Yggdrasil and Homeostasis final battle (if there is going to be one)

Btw, we are going to get 6 episodes right?
>>
I watched the original Digimon and the series where the original cast was a bit older and their younger siblings were focused on, as a kid. How do those hold up? Worth rewatching then watching Tri?

What other series are good?
>>
>>15946410
First show holds up
Second show is absolute garbage
Third show is really good
Fourth show falls apart in the last third
Fifth show is really good
Sixth show is a very mixed bag
Seventh show is meh from what I heard
>>
>>15946410
I think that without the nostalgia glasses the first two series are both hit and misses (but 02 was weaker overall), you should also watch the Adventure's movies
Tamers is worth watching, while with Frontier they tried a different thing with the fusions between humans and digimon, i don't have so many good memories of it
I never watched the others
>>
>>15946417
>Fifth show is really good
Savers is not good
>>
>>15946369
>I hope they'll settle things between him, Alphamon and Omegamon in the last part before Yggdrasil and Homeostasis final battle (if there is going to be one)
Alphamon has to have a character in Tri first.
>>
>>15945674
>Ophanimon who is even plainer
You've never seen Ophanimon have you?
>>
>>15946369
Is that Wizardmon near the top left corner?
>>
>>15946644
Her design is boring

It's Seraphimon with boobs
>>
>>15946636
Yes it is.
>>
>>15926107
I unironically loved playing 4 on my gamecube
Looking back the game is pretty much hot garbage, but I still enjoy it. Same goes for Dungeons and Dragons Heroes on my old Xbox. Trashy, 4-player, overhead, hack'n slash gameplay is kinda cathartic in a way.
>>
>>15946369
We're at 21 episodes now so it's probably going to be another batch of 5 like the third was.
>>
>>15946846
Looks like him. Will he be the one to save Ophanimon?
>>
File: alter-s.png (301 KB, 500x740)
301 KB
301 KB PNG
I really hope this fucker will make an appearance before the end
>>
>>15947737
I hope this is fuckin fake
>>
>>15947870
The image is a fan art but the design is official
>>
>>15947610
At this point is pretty much confirmed that the 02 kids doesn't have a chance to appear

Adventure 4.0 when?
>>
Does anyone have links to Digimon artbooks or pictures like pic related for Dogatchmon, Timemon, Charismon and Bootmon?
>>
>>15946410
>>15946417
Even though second show is bad, watching the first arc (digimon kaiser) is and maybe the second one (Destiny Stones) is still worth it. However, the writing quality starts dropping really hard during the second arc. And it only gets worse towards the end. The first arc is on par, if not better, with the best episodes of the first show.
>>
>>15948218
>first arc is on par, if not better, with the best episodes of the first show
It very well could be if it wasn't for the art, music, characters and writing.
>>
>>15948121
I waited that whole dang show for a triple fusion. Y'know, where they would use both back plugs.
>>
>>15948066
>At this point is pretty much confirmed that the 02 kids doesn't have a chance to appear.
It really fucking sucks how they handled them in tri. What really gets me is how toei wrote the original cast to become completely retarded whenever they get brought up. If they wanted to focus on the original cast so hard, why go through all the trouble to show them defeated and dropping half assed mentions?

>>15948224
I agree about the weaker characters, but the writing was still decent at worst during that part. Idk what mean about the art. It's equal to the original. Wait, are you comparing the american dubs or the originals?
>>
>>15946851
>completely different wing design
>incorporated elements from the more horrific angel visuals into her armor
>wields a lance and shield
Again you haven't actually seen her.
>>
>>15948246
>Idk what mean about the art
The splotchy aesthetic they really push in the backgrounds rubs me the wrong way for whatever reason. Same with the music. And no, I mean the original Japanese.
>>
>>15948300
You're arguing with a known wtw shitposter, ignore him.
>>
>>15948224
The first arc in adventure was kinda garbage though, it had a great finale in devimon vs angemon, and some standout episodes like factorial town but there are some stinkers too.
>>
>>15946884
No it isn't
>>
>>15925701
It's pretty weak and badly executed, in my opinion. It is a wasted potential for a good commemorative series, and this really saddens me every time I heard the OP with Butter-Fly. The idea of putting the Digidestined crests into test, challenging them, it is pretty good, but it generally ended badly executed. I mean Tai fear of the havoc of taking action, to antagonize his crest of courage, was always summoned by that broken cellphone image that made it seem silly. Mimi mini arc is probably the worst, as its resolution was pretty much in the lines of Mimi simply saying about her personality faults "fuck it, I'm not in the wrong here, you all are." I think that the only really well done was Joe personal struggle between his friends and his studies.

I also have a problem with Mei and Meiko, as they seem to only be there to cry and make everyone else pity them. Ok, she and her digimon are plot important and the series did used some time, or at least tried to, to build a relation between her and the old gang and forge some empathy toward the new charcaters. But even so, I still think that she is a pretty weak, and annoying, character.
>>
>>15949400
>this really saddens me every time I heard the OP with Butter-Fly
R.I.P. Koji Wada
>>
I came here to post

I miss Koji Wada fuck I didn't even grow up with him but I love him so much
>>
>>15949134
It's a fine entry that doesn't deserve being dumped on.

>>15949400
>I also have a problem with Mei and Meiko, as they seem to only be there to cry and make everyone else pity them.

You know, it wasn't until just now that I realized why Tri gives me such a familiar sense of disappointment: it reminds me too much of Tenchi in Tokyo. Yeah, I know other shows have introduced an ill-fitting character that's integral to the plot, but it's the first and most annoying example that came to mind.
>>
I feel like making a low poly Wolfmon/Lobomon but I lack reference material and my google fu is weak. Does anyone have any good reference pics?
>>
>>15951654
You could probably get some decent shots from his page on Wikimon, but since I'm here...
>>
File: Wolfmon_collectors.png (253 KB, 410x600)
253 KB
253 KB PNG
>>15951765
>>
>>15951772
There's not really any good shots of Wolfmon from the back, but as you can see from this card the upper backplate is essentially the same as the front, but flatter and slightly more convex.
>>
>>15902305
but wheres the gaudy horn?
>>
I like to think of Dogatchmon as Omegamon's early teen son.

>Prince Dogatchmon, son of the Digimon Emperor, Omegamon
>He is expected by grown up mons to turn out like his father
>However Dogatchmon is a bully to his fellow kid mons and gets away with it because he is strong and the son of the ruler
>One day the main antagonist attacks Omega Bastion
>The evil number two beats up Dogatchmon easily while the big bad defeats Omegamon
>The kid escapes thanks to a sacrifice by his father or a loyal guard
>Dogatchmon's defeat gives him perspective and he very slowly straightens up through the series
>He recruits an unwilling human companion as his tamer/buddy/whatever
>They are a foil to eachother at first but they become friends as the human learns to be brave and Dogatchmon learns to be considerate
>Meanwhile unbeknownst to everyone Omegamon has escaped by splitting and devolving into Agumon and Gabumon, serving either as partners to the protagonist human's friends or as background characters
>He recombines for the last few episodes
>Father and son defeat the big dad and Dogatchmon is recognized as a worthy successor

>>15951765
>>15951772
>>15951789

Thanks for helping but I have those already. What I was hoping for was a screenshot from the side or scans of the dvd box's included artbook. Don't worry, it's not a very big deal at this poly count and simple humanoid design. It's just that I can't eyeball or estimate proportions.
>>
>>15952737
Ah, I see. Sorry about that. I checked the usual sources and seems nobody was willing to scan the entire artbook.

Ironically, as I was busy searching for concept art, I stumbled across a site with 3D models from various Digimon games, and found a model for Wolfmon. I'm not sure if there's anything you can use to help your model along, but it's worth a shot.

https://www.models-resource.com/pc_computer/digimonmasters/model/9802/
>>
Frontier is worse than 02
>>
Just started watching Frontier and i'm getting Tamers vibe from this show.

When does it go to shit?
>>
>>15958332
About halfway through
>>
>>15958332
The minute the Royal Knights show up, which is after they defeat the guy who was the main villain for most of the show.
>>
>>15958332
5 episodes
>>
Anyone picked up the mobile game yet? Digimon Links?
>>
>>15942828
All I want is new evolutions for the originals.
>>
>>15959028
Yeah, I dropped almost immediately. Way to grindy for my tastes.
>>
File: Agunimon.jpg (20 KB, 480x360)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>15900937
Were any Spirit Digimon announced for Hacker's Memory?
>>
>>15959313
>Way too grindy
So it's a Digimon game?
>>
>>15922253
SnowAgumon needs his own line, dammit
>>
>>15959661
Does Susanoomon count? I think he, EmperorGreymon & MagnumGarurumon are in.
>>
>>15960755
They aren't.
>>
>>15959028
It's a time sink game, all about grinding. It's less frustrating then your mobage stuff. The pay aspect feels more like the pay to take a short cut instead of pay to win .
>>
File: IceGreymon_line_burst.jpg (256 KB, 1280x360)
256 KB
256 KB JPG
>>15960271
Something like this?
>>
>>15960764
Garummon was one of the rumored Digimon. All the other Digimon in that batch of rumors came true so it's just a matter of time.
>>
>>15961213
That one is definitely false.
>>
>>15961217
Anything to back up that reasoning?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.