[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Mechanic_009.jpg (108 KB, 840x1065)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
Am I the only one who feels Aldnoah Zero was a masterpiece?
>>
>>15913458
Yes, and I thought it was pretty good.
>>
>>15913458
If you think in a perspective of casual viewing, then it's alright. But if you're an avid reader of multiple works that A/Z is based on, then you got a barebone, heartless and a lowest common denominator of a Gundam-esque show that the production doesn't care jackshit about the show despite their liberties with it. I bet I-IV is still drowning on his tears since his masterpiece looks ugly as shit on CG because the production team doesn't care and give their least effort to make his wonderful design flexible as ever. I'm not even talking about the story yet, because even in SRW, they have problems.

btw didn't this thread dead yesterday?
>>
>>15913458
>Am I the only one who feels Aldnoah Zero was a masterpiece?

Give back your /m/-card.
Whatever Aldnoah.Zero is, it is certainly not a masterpiece. It has some cool designs and good music, but man the story falls to pieces by the end of the first season and never ever recovers. I would rate it 3 out of 10. Not even 5 because in the first season you have so many useless primary characters it defies the mind.
>>
>>15913458
Nope I'm here with you buddy there is no future for us
>>
>>15913458
Yes if you're a 8-year-old trying to fit in.
>>
>>15913458
It was good, not perfect, but it had it's strong points.

Anybody who thought differently wasn't paying attention.
>>
>>15913527
What about the manga, is it worth reading?
>>
>>15913686
There weren't that many characters.
>>
I was disappointed with how the Terran mechs were near-totally useless, considering they are on the poster art for the show.
>>
>>15913527
AZ was in SRW?
>>
I really liked the way they went about breaking each Knight down to defeat it. Battleship cannons from over the horizon was my favorite.
>>
File: 1505468091733.jpg (3.91 MB, 3000x1891)
3.91 MB
3.91 MB JPG
i just liked it for the T H I C C kataphrakt
>>
>>15913458
It was better then i expected. But not masterpiece for sure. Just good or maybe even great.
>>
File: 1505929393665.jpg (931 KB, 1920x1080)
931 KB
931 KB JPG
>>15913458
WHERE ARE THE MODS
>>
>>15917580
A/Z still has yet to appear on a SRW title, but even by fixfic standard, i don't think the writing team can save the story from falling apart.
The problem comes from the characters, their role and relevance, and plot structure. Inaho is the 'main' protagonist of the show, yet he barely made any relevance other than being Asslump's bouncer and the plot device who always wins for plot advancement sake. Removing him entirely by killing him off in the midgame would have worked, or just put his ass into obsolete because how OP he is at the beginning but become a shitty crutch once season 2 kicks off with nastier mech from other side. Asslump is so naive that Relena and her other clones (Lacus, Marina, and Kudelia) pretty much cringed by her one dimensional naivety and her ignorance for the sake of "Let justice be done, through the heaven's fall", and Slaine himself is self explanatory. No one else is really relevant to the story other than Slaine, Vers Knights and Saaz and Asslump.
Fitting them into a crossover is a massive pain in the ass; They didn't fit well with Seed, UC Gundam, 00, or even Wing. THe only crossover that fits them well to a T is Iron Blooded Orphans and Full Metal Panic.

>>15915225
The manga is basically the same thing except there are multiple instances of the POV change to Slaine's perspective. Other than that everyone else is still the one dimensional bullshit. At least the mech were better drawn rather than rendered on half-assed CG model, because the manga captured them well.
>>
>the whole Mars technology wasn't explained AT ALL

Yeah, that show sucked.
It was like 1/4 of the Code Geass S1 stretched for 26 episodes.
>>
>>15913458
Let dead shows stay dead.
>>
>>15913458
It had a lot of good ideas that didn't manage to congeal into anything notable, and some very serious flaws that are so obviously flaws that one wonders how the writers sat down and thought, "Yes, this is how things should play out."

Making a TV show about the War in the Middle East from the perspective of the Taliban was a stroke of genius though (and the only lens through which the timeline makes even remote sense).
>>
File: Boredom07.png (674 KB, 743x1064)
674 KB
674 KB PNG
>>15915225
The anthology manga is fun.
>>
>>15920188
i wish
but anything that break even their production value will be resurrected soon until the next installation flop

>>15920192
The good ideas were basically ideas from similar previous works like Gundam and has been done better somewhere else.
>>
>>15919471
>The manga is basically the same thing except there are multiple instances of the POV change to Slaine's perspective.
Did you read the whole manga? I didn't notice this in the scanlated volumes,they pretty much stuck to the story.
>>
>>15922505
I read the first book on the bookstore, haven't get them in my hands yet, and probably never since i lose interest with it after hours. The rest are infos from fellow friend, a I-IV Big Fan.
Really, the only thing that back up the manga is the mecha design, because the mechanics works better in hand drawing.
The design is essentially wasted potential of the show, as it doesn't use the 3DCG at their fullest and most of them felt lifeless and lack of expression in execution. Hell, even JJBA's CG opening feels much more expressive.
>>
File: image00095.jpg (679 KB, 1125x1600)
679 KB
679 KB JPG
>>15922609
>Really, the only thing that back up the manga is the mecha design, because the mechanics works better in hand drawing.
You might be talking about the second season manga, because the first season one is 10 times more awful than the anime and used CGI for everything it could.
>>
File: 57637349_p13.jpg (492 KB, 1575x1169)
492 KB
492 KB JPG
>>15922758
At least the guy who did the spinoff manga about the twins used mostly hand drawn stuff
>>
>>15922758
Holy... fuck.
How long exactly since i've been reading the manga?
This is just 3DCG model grayscaled before printing. The team really no longer give a fuck with their project aren't they?
>>
File: FUCKING POMF.jpg (66 KB, 743x534)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>15922792
>The team really no longer give a fuck with their project aren't they?
Manga adaptations of original anime often tend to turn out awful because the producers hire a cheap mangaka who has to push out a lot of work in a short amount of time. This guy was hilariously awful at everything and then they hired a better guy to do the season 2 manga adaptation.

Pic related, season 1 manga ends with Inaho getting shot completely through the head, his hand falling at Asseylum's with a POMF and Slaine going away with an evil laugh. It was a huge parody.
>>
>>15913458
A/Z was pretty good for a one season anime. Too bad they never did anything after that cliffhanger finale. Oh well.
>>
>>15923403
>A/Z was pretty good for a one season anime.
It wasn't.
>>
>>15913458
I liked some of the music.

https://vimeo.com/197926386
>>
>>15924508
SawanoHiroyuki be blessed. THe music were good, but not his best work. I think he's slowly losing his grip after finishing his work on Unicorn.
But i hate his insert song, especially if it's used over and over like this show fucking disrespect him like they disrespect I-IV.
>>
>>15923467
There is no season 2.
>>
>>15925735
You don't seem to quite understand. This show was never good so erasing the second season isn't going to stop the fact that this show is still shit even with its first season
>>
>>15925798
Unless you liked it's shitty Kataprakts of the week plot that's not going to advance the main plot in any sense and just there as an excuse why there are fighting robots, then removing S2 would only make the 1st season shittier.
And then again, S1 is just a trainwreck of execution with the finale and S2 reconfirms it.
>>
I guess this thread is as good as dead.
might as well bump them for the last time.
>>
A/Z was attracting so much shitposting even before it started airing that I decided to not watch it ongoing. I filtered out all the threads and waited till the end of 13th episode to watch it in one go. At that time I didn't even know that 2nd season was already announced. And I still was thinking that Urobuchi was handling the script for the whole anime.
And I liked it. If you watch 13 episodes in just 2 sittings you don't have much time to think about its stupidity or plot holes. And there is obviously no /m/ to constantly point that out. I really worried about Asshime's life because I though it wouldn't be hard for Urobuchi to kill her. I loved the ending where Inaho died because of his autism, Asshime died because fuck you and Slaine paid for being so naive and fucking everything up.
Then I went to 4chan to discuss it and learned that 2nd season is already announced. That absolutely everyone expect Hime to survive. That Urobuchi wrote only fist 3 episodes and he didn't even plan to end 1st season like that. And later Aoki resurrected everyone and the show went on complete downward spiral. I watched s2 with everyone else and holy shit everything was so bad.

But at least I enjoyed s1 and I still have some nice memories about it.
>>
>>15929658
It's just annoying that somebody keeps making Aldnoah bait threads with that same picture of Tharsis.
>>
>>15929841
Tharsis is just like it's pilot. Inconsistent tryhard that he is.

It's not even I-IV best design, it looks like something that Bandai wouldn't put their hands on.
>>
File: aldnoah_zero_01_2.jpg (45 KB, 640x360)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>15929700
>And I liked it. If you watch 13 episodes in just 2 sittings you don't have much time to think about its stupidity or plot holes
You must be fucking stupid then. The reason why people were able to pick the show apart from the beginning was because the inconsistenices were right n your face but of course if you're in the "lol just turn your brain off bro" mentality of course you enjoyed it because you would enjoy anything.
>>
File: 1492013487662.jpg (370 KB, 1152x864)
370 KB
370 KB JPG
>>15929859
Nah, best Kataphrakt and best pilot.
>>
>>15929874
Any mecha anime requires some level of acceptance of their fundamental inconsistency and forces viewer to "turn the brain off". The whole idea of giant human-like robots used as weapons is stupid and impractical. Especially when they fight with swords and shields. It's all about balance of bullshit vs viewers acceptance.
And majority of A/Z consistency complains mostly come from s2. Like for example famous argument "why don't they use martian technology to make food" mostly applies to s2 when they showed they had cloning mech. I've read lots of threads from archives after I finished s1. Complains about inconsistency and bullshit in s1 were often forced and grasped at straws. People just hated the show and that's why everyone tried their best at Frodo impersonation even if often it could be explainable.
>>
>>15929943
>Complains about inconsistency and bullshit in s1 were often forced and grasped at straws.
No it was not. When people can point out inconsistencies with your on timeline within the first episode you know you done fucked up
>>
>>15930185
Wasn't that the timeline that was deliberately full of in-universe disinformation and bias and writing-in-the-margins shitflinging that implicitly challenged the audience to a game of "figure out the true story yourself each week with an all new episode of Aldnoah.Zero" though?
>>
>>15929943
>The whole idea of giant human-like robots used as weapons is stupid and impractical
Anime in general is stupid and impratical but if you consistently break your own rules to your setting while trying to be played off as "realistic" and "serious" the flaws look even more embarrassing. When he first season was airing the most consistent complaint was how everyone was either an idiot or completely useless and how shows from 35 years ago did a better job of how they portrayed battles despite not having the budget.

>And majority of A/Z consistency complains mostly come from s2
Nope, because by S2 people either stopped watching or didn't care anymore due to how bad the first season was hel most of the inconsistencies people point out are in the first season because by S2 they just stopped trying.

>Complains about inconsistency and bullshit in s1 were often forced and grasped at straws
Uh-huh. Tell why did Inaho shoot down Slaine for no reason after he clearly helped them defeat someone that was on his own side?
>People just hated the show and that's why everyone tried their best at Frodo impersonation even if often it could be explainable.
It says a lot that not that many people bothered to even defend the writing, you included, that it was justified.
>>
>>15930202
In your headcanon maybe
>>
>>15930185
Such as? That martians call themselves a new race even though they are all from earth and don't have common ancestors? I really remember reading this complain and the person who typed it must be more retarded than the whole second season.
Unfortunately site hosting /m/ archives from that time does not have working search so here's an example of typical thread from /a/: https://foolz.fireden.net/a/thread/109889527.

>>15930210
>When he first season was airing the most consistent complaint was how everyone was either an idiot or completely useless and how shows from 35 years ago did a better job of how they portrayed battles despite not having the budget.
This is actually a very valid complain and it should be voiced more often in A/Z threads. I still don't understand why nowadays people complain about plot holes and not about bland characters (does anyone remember the names of anyone except for main trio?), unfinished plot lines (hello PTSD guy) and fucked up character development (Slaine everything).

>Tell why did Inaho shoot down Slaine
Slaine wasn't their ally. He never wanted to help them. They actually had conflicting interests. Slaine wanted to get Asshime back and he would instantly kill Inaho and his friends if that would be needed. The question should be why the fuck Slaine believed he wouldn't be shot down.
>>
>>15930273
Not that guy, but this is bullshit.
>They actually had conflicting interests.
What conflicting interests? Slaine's goal was to protect the princess and make her grandfather aware that she's alive so that Vers stops the attack, their goals were aligned.

>Slaine wasn't their ally. He never wanted to help them.
>he would instantly kill Inaho and his friends if that would be needed
This is your interpretation of the character, nothing in the episode says that he didn't want to help them. He even gives Inaho a chance in episode 12 to get away and save himself, he only shoots him when Inaho points a gun at him.
>>
>>15930321
>Slaine's goal was to protect the princess and make her grandfather aware that she's alive so that Vers stops the attack, their goals were aligned.
Yes, but Inaho didn't. He never even tried to contact anyone to say that princess is alive. Slaine would definitely want to take princess with himself and Inaho would never trust princess to him.

>This is your interpretation of the character, nothing in the episode says that he didn't want to help them
Well, maybe.
>>
"You are my enemy...even though you just helped me not die and actually care for the princesses well being."
>>
>>15913458
You are not the only one. But underage /m/ won`t understand you. "Muh hand drawn..","CG is shit", "Not muh Gundamu!", etc,etc,etc. For me, CGI looks ok, and saves from QUALITY of hand-drawn fuck-ugly shit, especially, when complicated mechs move around. Design-wize, Aldnoah-Zero is amazingly well-thought (which you NEVER see in Gundam, and very rarely in other shows). All those little details, like mech "blinking" with optic-shutters while firing, to protect fragile sensors from cannon-blast, retractable handle on the palm for hand-carried infantry, well-shown logistics, air intake location, complex, yet seemingly plausible joint kinenatics. etc. Sadly, the enemy is your classic "super robot", which just moved thee straight from some fantasy setting and is bending reality the way it see fit. Well. I just like Aldnoah. One of the favorite shows, despite the scenario faults from time to time.
>>
>>15931568
>saves from QUALITY
Look I love this show but let's not pretend the CG didn't go QUALITY at the end of Season 1 it picked back up but still. agree with everything else though this show stands with 00 for me as best /m/ shows
>>
>>15930371
one of the most bullshit line i've ever heard. The fact that there's no reason to back it up solidifies his bland loyalty bullshit.
>>
>>15931585
00 wasn`t bad scenario-wise, but it have that gundam-typical "cool-over-function" look, which I don`t like. And yes, CG can do QUALITY. But it is much, much cheaper to avoid that. To the extent, that low-budget shows (like Aldnoah Zero) can be on par with high-grade hand-drawn shows. I mean, I `d LOVE to see hand-drawn anime, on the scale of Macross-Plus, Gasaraki, or Patlabor movies... but there are too few of them.
>>
>>15931944
A/Z Is a fucking high production show.
How can they hire Urobusta and SawanoHiroyuki and pump the shit out of their mass appeal?
The fact that despite how shit it was it's still managed to break even hurts me.
>>
>>15932389
It didn't just break even, it actually made a profit.
>>
>>15932389
That's it, i'm going to call him "Uro-Busta" now!

>>15932475
A shit show will always made profit if the intended audience were the lowest common denominator of "dumbass who turned their brain off to enjoy things" kind of audience, or "intellectuals" who liked and enjoyed the show by deconstructing every elements to the shit and uses some reference "AND" looking down at other people for being ignorant gaijin like Karice67 did.
>>
>>15932389
>A/Z Is a fucking high production show.
>>
>>15935345
Half the complaints about A/Z really boil down to people not paying attention and then complaining about ass pulls.
>>
>>15935345
>A shit show will always made profit if the intended audience were the lowest common denominator of "dumbass who turned their brain off to enjoy things" kind of audience, or "intellectuals" who liked and enjoyed the show by deconstructing every elements to the shit and uses some reference "AND" looking down at other people for being ignorant gaijin like Karice67 did.
You can be butthurt as much as you want, but it doesn't change the fact it made a profit, shounen.
>>
>>15935524
You say this when you couldn't even refuete a point stated in this very thread.
>>
>>15930273
Most of that shit is wrong though and even in that same thread you posted had people pointing out how stupid it was.

>This is actually a very valid complain and it should be voiced more often in A/Z threads.
It was voiced in every single fucking thread on here and on /a/ that's how we got people into watching Dougram instead of this trash because people kept posting clips and gifs from shows n the 80's.

> I still don't understand why nowadays people complain about plot holes and not about bland characters
They did. You obviously weren't there.
>Slaine wasn't their ally. He never wanted to help them. They actually had conflicting interests.
Except that's all wrong. The whole reason why they even teamed up was because Slaine wanted to assist in taking down the knight. Everything was fine until Inaho needed to be an asshole for no apparent reason and asking a question he really had no jurisdiction to do so whatsoever which was an incredibly forced way to engage a conflict and didn't make any sense. Its even more hilarious when nobody wondered what happened to the fighter that helped them.
>>
>>15935591
>Except that's all wrong. The whole reason why they even teamed up was because Slaine wanted to assist in taking down the knight.
And after that he would help Inaho to take down Vers empire? Is it really that hard to understand that Inaho only acted in the interests of Earth and Slaine only cared about princess and Vers empire? It doesn't make them allies. Just like US and Russia are both trying to destroy ISIS in Syria, but they don't allow each other to use their bases.
>>
>>15935524
Asspull aside, paying attention isn't helping much if the entire setting is fucked up to begin with.
First of all; why does the Versian Kataprakths doesn't have a proper camera view and relies on easily dispatchable drones? When they realize their artillery weaponry is much more effective against them even with the ones on high mobility, why didn't they shift their meta to long ranged kiting instead of keep using shitty machinegun raid that barely ever works? Also why does the Earth Kataprakths are just basically upscaled humans without really interesting and actually useful properties whatsoever like flight and aquatic module or fast paced hover movement like most /mm/ bullshit can do or just downscale their mechanical size so squad of smaller units can gank Versians easily, proven by that Vers Knights only sent like one or two units on a battlefield like they show it on the anime? And what the fuck is the space wind and how doea it work that wan and why only the hero can actually benefit by it? THERE'S NO FUCKING WIND IN SPACE AND THEY WANTED IT TO BE FUCKING REALISTIC!
It's like the setting purposely fuck themselves in favour of the hero so he can win the fight and saves the day.
Lastly, are you Karice67?
>>
>>15935904
>First of all; why does the Versian Kataprakths doesn't have a proper camera view and relies on easily dispatchable drones?
If you're talking about the very first one then it simply couldn't use cameras because of its shields. That was the whole point of the mech.
I don't remember if other mechs didn't have cameras. 3 years is enough to forget details.
>>
>>15935904
>why does the Versian Kataprakths doesn't have a proper camera view and relies on easily dispatchable drones
The other anon answered this, Nilokeras used the drones because of its "dimensional barrier".
>When they realize their artillery weaponry is much more effective against them even with the ones on high mobility, why didn't they shift their meta to long ranged kiting instead of keep using shitty machinegun raid that barely ever works?
This question is hard to read, are you referring to the UFE?
>Also why does the Earth Kataprakths are just basically upscaled humans without really interesting and actually useful properties whatsoever like flight and aquatic module or fast paced hover movement like most /mm/ bullshit can do
There were many scientists that colonized Vers because of their curiosity about Aldnoah and they were able to make better advances in science than the UFE because of that huge power source and alien technology they found. The lore reason is that the UFE is decades behind in terms of technology and they don't have a power source as strong as Aldnoah drives, you can complain about the designer's choices but it's not a plothole.
>so squad of smaller units can gank Versians easily, proven by that Vers Knights only sent like one or two units on a battlefield like they show it on the anime?
But they show in the second episode of the anime how the UFE kats were completely obliterated, bigger numbers wouldn't help them. The whole point they were driving with Inaho is that what matters is figuring out the gimmick of the specific kat, rather than having raw power. On that topic, Versians were also jamming their signals and the guys at the military bases couldn't consult anyone and communication between kats was getting interrupted at times.
(cont.)
>>
>>15935815
You're making an assumption based on nothing really
>>
>>15935904
>And what the fuck is the space wind and how doea it work that wan and why only the hero can actually benefit by it? THERE'S NO FUCKING WIND IN SPACE AND THEY WANTED IT TO BE FUCKING REALISTIC!
I remember the threads from that time, after Slaine lands Saazbaum or somebody mentions how the explosion of the moon fucked up the gravitational field in that area, there are thousands of little asteroids flying around and also the big chunk of the moon that was left. The wind is jargon for those gravitational pulls from the asteroids.
>Lastly, are you Karice67?
I fucking hate /m/ for being full of this e-celeb bullshit and people unironically watching youtubers.

>>15935591
>Slaine only cared about princess and Vers empire
Slaine didn't give a shit about the Vers empire back then though. He cared about the princess because she saved his life and was his only friend, he rethinks the situation of Vers after talking with Saazbaum and after that solider dies while saving him, but he only starts caring for Vers in season 2.
>And after that he would help Inaho to take down Vers empire?
Up until that part of the show, they repeatedly beat him just for being an earthling and then he got proclaimed as a traitor. He has no loyalty to the Vers empire especially after his dad died, he's only loyal to the princess. But aside that, Inaho's goal was never taking down the Vers empire, all he cares for is surviving and keeping his friends and family safe. The thing they wanted to achieve is to send Vers a message that the princess was alive, not to attack them.
>>
>>15935815
>And after that he would help Inaho to take down Vers empire?
Are you retarded? He fucking helped take down a knight that should a clue that "this guy must be in the know about the assassination attempt maybe I can trust him". Now of course any sane person would havecrealized that or at least wait for what Hime has to say but.....
>>15935935
>If you're talking about the very first one then it simply couldn't use cameras because of its shields.
So plot contrivance. Got it
>>
>>15936102
>So plot contrivance. Got it
The kataphrakt had working cameras but it swaps to the drones once the barrier is activated, because nothing can go through the dimensional barrier. How is that plot contrivance?
>>
>>15936102
>He fucking helped take down a knight that should a clue that "this guy must be in the know about the assassination attempt maybe I can trust him".
You're retarded. Why would Inaho trust him? Slaine didn't take down knight because he wanted to help Inaho and earthlings, he did it to save princess. And Inaho knew that. There was no reason to trust him because Slaine never cared about earthlings. Slaine could easily steal asshime and leave main characters with nothing.
Are you by any chance butthurt Slainefag? Only they can be so mad about this scene.

>why gundams fly?
>they have thrusters
>plot contrivance, go it!
Genius.
>>
>>15936117
>camera stops working when the barrier is up so the opposing them
>>
>>15936153
>Why would Inaho trust him?
Because he helped take down the knight
>>15936153
>And Inaho knew tha
No he didn't and even if he did his alliances was witg the princess not Vers so he wasn't a threat to them.
>>
>>15936153
>AZfag fails at defending bad writing
Not even IBOfags are this sad
>>
>>15936153
>Slaine could easily steal asshime and leave main characters with nothing.
But they technically have the princess hostage. Just tell Slaine they will harm her if he doesn't step out of his skycarrier and leave his weapons, then interrogate him. If Slaine attacks them, he risks hurting the princess.
>And Inaho knew that. There was no reason to trust him because Slaine never cared about earthlings.
All Inaho heard is how happy Slaine sounds after he saw the princess, what you're implying is that Inaho somehow knew how he feels about the princess and that he doesn't care about earthlings, despite the anime establishing that Inaho is terrible at reading people's emotions. You missed the whole point of the misunderstanding, it's exactly because Inaho didn't know why Slaine is looking for the princess and thought Slaine is a threat. On top of that, why do you think Slaine doesn't care about Earthlings? He cared enough that he didn't want to shoot them in episode 2, he wouldn't actively harm them just because he can.

>>15936163
But the cameras don't stop working just for the convenience of Inaho and co, it's not plot contrivance. Light can't get through the dimensional barrier towards the cameras, everything gets ported somewhere else/destroyed/consumed by the barrier. If it had somehow working cameras on the surface of the kat then you would be complaining about that too.
>>
>>15936195
>Because he helped take down the knight
And Russia helps US to take down ISIS! Why do we not trust Russia?
You're brainded retarded.

>>15936201
>no arguments
>but I better post something and even mention IBO to fit in
Good job, anon. Now you're officially part of /m/ - Mecha.
>>
>>15936218
>because Inaho didn't know why Slaine is looking for the princess and thought Slaine is a threat.
Read >>15930371.
>"and actually care for the princesses well being."
Inaho knew Slaine didn't want to harm princess. Slaine was a threat because he wanted to take princess leaving Inaho without an ace in this war (and without waifu).
Trusting him was pointless risk. Inaho indeed could capture and interrogate him, but what would be the point?
>>
>>15936259
>Slaine was a threat because he wanted to take princess
He didn't. He just wanted to make sure she was safe. He would have taken her IF she was any danger or if the EF was exploiting her which surprisingly enough ended up happening in S2. There was no risk involved considering they were already holding hostage a princess from the other side.
>>
>>15936259
>Inaho indeed could capture and interrogate him, but what would be the point?
That's a stupid question. For one, Slaine had access to info on all Versian kataphrakts, that's shown in the episode and Inaho knew that because Slaine read him the info on Femieanne's kat. Secondly, they could get updated about the situation on Vers.
>>
>>15936163
Have I finally found someone more retarded than people who like SEED/?
>>
>>15936454
People who defend A/Z?
>>
>>15936458
I don't know

>How thing works
"DUR plot contrivance" is pretty braindead
>>
>>15936786
also

A/Z is better than both SEEDs, IBO and Wing
>>
>>15936789
>A/Z is better than both SEEDs, IBO and Wing
Nope
>>
File: 048.jpg (60 KB, 621x654)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>15936039
>>15936101
>>15935935
>If you're talking about the very first one then it simply couldn't use cameras because of its shields.
wow i can't believe how they would trade practicality for some inefficient fancy shit. why didn't they use like transparent pilot hatch so they have some sort of visibility?
i know it'll expose them but they have fucking SHIELDS! at least that thing can protect them for worthwhile before the inevitable happens. Their primary empire is a struggling dough that's basically flop themselves by the time they jump the moon and later earth.
and then again it's nothing more than a plot contrivance to make them incompetent so the hero can crush them in the end, i got it.
>But they show in the second episode of the anime how the UFE kats were completely obliterated, bigger numbers wouldn't help them. The whole point they were driving with Inaho is that what matters is figuring out the gimmick of the specific kat, rather than having raw power.
I know that for plot sake, Vers raw power and gimmicks overwhelms UFE like a brush. but here's the catch; In many real robot shows, simplistic tactical prowess are important to decide the battlefield, this includes the ones that uses physics-defying super robot elements. one includes the headcount; namely approaching enemy in numbers. seriously, even thought large numbers can't singlehandedly struck a raw power with a punch across the room, they still can dominate with multiple tactics, like how they can kite them from afar with AP bullets, or go through their blind point and do something like plant explosive on them while they're focused on the big guys. why the fuck these all requires Inaho to fucking execute it? does the UFE simply chicken themselves so the designated hero can win the day and not allowed to make a move by themselves?
>>
continued from >>15938515
>This question is hard to read, are you referring to the UFE?
yes, i'm referring to UFE. UFE has chuck ton of underutilized weaponry that includes the AP bullets that can graze even penetrate them silly shields. they can assemble a firing squad on a line a kilometers from the initial battlefield so they can kite them from distance.

>On that topic, Versians were also jamming their signals and the guys at the military bases couldn't consult anyone and communication between kats was getting interrupted at times.
Allow me to refute one of the most bullshit excuse of military grade communication malfunction; first of all, ISN'T THERE ANY OTHER FUCKING WAY TO COMMUNICATE AND DOES THEY HAD TO RELY ON RADIO SIGNALS TO FUCKING COMMUS? Seriously, there are like, multiple ways to communicate from a far without radios whenever a signal jammer works; hand signals since those mechs have huge hands and performing simple gesture is possible there and since how big they were they are visible within 300m range. light signal since this thing is taught in basic driving and i don't believe it when piloting this doesn't require the pilot to have knowledge on driving and i fucking refuse to believe if light signals weren't taught in military. and lastly sound signal like, you can use some sort of megaphone that allows you to shout loud at allies and enemies alike, or just fire your weapon in a different pattern and manner to guide teammates when shit happens. I will not fucking believe it if they weren't taught this as a fucking pilot. and the fact this wouldn't happen unless Inaho is behind it is just fucking solidifies all of this fullshit as another plot contrivance, and i get it.
>>
>>15913458
yes
>>
continued from >>15938532, again

>There were many scientists that colonized Vers because of their curiosity about Aldnoah and they were able to make better advances in science than the UFE because of that huge power source and alien technology they found. The lore reason is that the UFE is decades behind in terms of technology and they don't have a power source as strong as Aldnoah drives, you can complain about the designer's choices but it's not a plothole.
This sounds believable enough why Earth GM's aren't as powerful as Versian Super Robots, but after thinking that far, i realise that this is a shitty excuse of fighting robot show. If the earth mech weren't be able to catch up with Vers, why would they make them in the first place? Why didn't they go on more practical units like fighters and battleship that carries big fuck off gun and improvises their tactical prowess so in years they can catch up with them? Speaking of which, within the catastrophic even known as One Year War, EF managed to adapt to changes and start catching up with Zeon mobile suits by using generalised models and responsible to the change of meta on UC, in less than a year, and proved a decisive victory over the tired and dire soldiers of Zeon. Sure, it's mostly contributed by the vastly superior prototype Gundam, but this Gundam is going to set how mass produced machine works in later on. UFE has like, fucking 15 years to catch up despite how fucked up they were, yet it looks like they're purposely made incompetent up until Inaho shows his dick and wins the day. then again, plot contrivance, i get it.
>>
>>15938515
>i know it'll expose them but they have fucking SHIELDS!
Anon, you're retarded, it's been repeatedly said that it's a dimensional barrier that covers the whole kat. You sound as if you didn't even watch the anime and are just spewing things you heard in Aldnoah threads.
>they still can dominate with multiple tactics, like how they can kite them from afar with AP bullets, or go through their blind point and do something like plant explosive on them while they're focused on the big guys
Watch episode 2, they couldn't even approach some of the kats because of their long range abilities + they were facing enemies whose abilities and powers they didn't know. What blind point? Vers kats had complete 360° coverage and ways to detect enemies, warnings immediately pop up on their screens once somebody is near. Watch the episode, they sneak up and hide behind a bridge and the vers kat still spots them and destroys them from a huge range.
>why the fuck these all requires Inaho to fucking execute it? does the UFE simply chicken themselves so the designated hero can win the day and not allowed to make a move by themselves?
Wow, it's not like Versians dropped in several parts of the world and we just happened to follow one story instead of seeing how other people in different countries are battling them, they must have all been useless and defeated.
>>15938532
The first thing the Versians do is destroy the terran's satellites in the orbit, and bomb any kinds of signal towers, they say how connection to UFE's HQ is lost and the people battling versians are separated into smaller groups, they can't contact some of their greater minds. So you're saying a couple of soldiers are supposed to think about a strategy to defeat an unknown enemy with technology that's decades ahead of them on the go using hand signals. Right. Just watch the episode.

UFE's forces getting completely destroyed was the most realistic part, Inaho's Gary Stuing is harder to believe.
>>
>>15938570
>Why didn't they go on more practical units like fighters and battleship that carries big fuck off gun and improvises their tactical prowess so in years they can catch up with them?
They literally tried that in episode 2.
>UFE has like, fucking 15 years to catch up despite how fucked up they were, yet it looks like they're purposely made incompetent
And Vers had 15 years to advance too, UFE got the Deucalion and researched it but they couldn't use it for anything because they didn't have Aldnoah to power its technology.
>>
>>15938570 for the last time i...

>I remember the threads from that time, after Slaine lands Saazbaum or somebody mentions how the explosion of the moon fucked up the gravitational field in that area, there are thousands of little asteroids flying around and also the big chunk of the moon that was left. The wind is jargon for those gravitational pulls from the asteroids.
still, the gravitational pull of moon isn't really that intense to begin with, but why does it affect speeding bullets and artilleries? And it's still doesn't answer why only the hero benefit from this phenomenon? That's another fucking plot contrivance, i get it.

>I fucking hate /m/ for being full of this e-celeb bullshit and people unironically watching youtubers.
i know i managed to be judgemental to her (Karice67) this far but i still can't believe how can she be so judgemental with these "you don't enjoy A/Z because you are baka gaijin that values lopsided and should be ashamed for not looking it this way" while at the same time the other japs really don't understand the reference she's bringing it in the first place. It feels like she made things up for reason. I'm still curious with her discussion, where i can find an archive of those?
>>
>The first thing the Versians do is destroy the terran's satellites in the orbit, and bomb any kinds of signal towers, they say how connection to UFE's HQ is lost and the people battling versians are separated into smaller groups, they can't contact some of their greater minds. So you're saying a couple of soldiers are supposed to think about a strategy to defeat an unknown enemy with technology that's decades ahead of them on the go using hand signals. Right. Just watch the episode.
so tell me again, when they know they fucked up why didn't they pull back and regroup somewhere and make a planning around it? and did i just say about using it for planning? it's used for commus and directing, planning is first and foremost must be prior the battle, and only in emergencies they can meme around about planning in the battlefield. plus this smaller group can pull back and gather in position rather than fighting them one by one, isn't that simple?

>UFE's forces getting completely destroyed was the most realistic part, Inaho's Gary Stuing is harder to believe.
Then if it's realistic, why didn't the Vers curbstomp and conquer them earthlings when they had the chance in 1999? Instead of chicken out for sake of truce? This makes ZAFT sounds like a fucking space chad, and earthling is basically powerless at that point. Gradosian immediately conquers earth when they got the chance, so why they didn't? I compare Vers to them for sake of comparison, because Gradosian are less complex yet done better.
>>
File: sad man.jpg (32 KB, 450x320)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>15938677
>>15938585
>>15938515
>>15938532
>>15938570
okay i admit, i give this show a rather too harsh words with how they poorly handle these elements to make a cohesive and comprehensible story that anyone can follow. i was really angry after rewatching the first three episode and can't handle myself here. i understand this show wants to entertain it's audience in a serious way, which failed since they use the "how to entertain in basic fun way" formula instead. I want to dissect this show as strong as i could, but the more i delve deeper, the more i think the show refuses to be loved. i tried my best, but i can't.
>>
>>15938677
>Then if it's realistic, why didn't the Vers curbstomp and conquer them earthlings when they had the chance in 1999? Instead of chicken out for sake of truce?
Saazbaum explains that and they show you the flashback scene, they were in the middle of easily conuering earth and then Heaven's Fall happened, pieces of the moon were dropping all over Earth and they had to run for their lives, on top of that the hypergate was destroyed and they couldn't get back to Mars.

>so tell me again, when they know they fucked up why didn't they pull back and regroup somewhere and make a planning around it?
One of the flaws of the show is that we don't get to see those other soldiers and have no idea what they did later or how they struggled, because the perspective swaps to Inaho. All we know is that the first attack was planned out, and after it heavily failed they were running for their lives and trying to evacuate as many people as they could. Some soldiers like Marito want to stop and rethink it and they also show that younger guy being arrogant and losing his head over stress, the issue is that the story never goes back to tell us what the UFE and experienced soldiers did later but this isn't a plothole, it's a subject that the anime avoided and failed to build upon.
>>
>>15938716
it's like they really gave up with the worldbuilding and just throw exposition for sake of it.
>>
>>15938515
>why didn't they use like transparent pilot hatch
Wouldn't matter it blocked out everything including light in fact it was a plot hole that the thing wasn't invisible for most of the episode (with the weak spot being the only part that can be seen)
>>
File: AZ.png (44 KB, 1146x1046)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>15938794
>it was a plot hole that the thing wasn't invisible for most of the episode
Does anyone on this board know how physics work?
Why would it be invisible? You still can't see what's behind it. It should look like a big pitch black spot. They even explained it and showed it looking completely black in anime. And it's supposed to be pitch black all the time.
You can see mech's detailed 3d model during majority of the fights only because it would look bad having it as black spot. It's visible for anime viewers only, not for anime characters.
>>
>>15938852
And I even wasted my ratio BT to torrent first 3 episodes and make screenshot of how mech looks like when it activates barrier.
>>
By the way main character explicitly explains why opponent doesn't use cameras. You don't need to figure it out, you don't need to observe minor details. It's written in fucking subtitles. In simple plain English. That anon who started this discussion is the biggest retard known to /m/.
>>
>>15938532
>ISN'T THERE ANY OTHER FUCKING WAY TO COMMUNICATE AND DOES THEY HAD TO RELY ON RADIO SIGNALS TO FUCKING COMMUS?
Yes, anon, mechs will completely stop during the fight and start waving hands. And enemies can see it too. And if signal is bocked in range of 10 km they will form a live chain of mechs waving hands every 300 meters! And then they will use light and sound to reveal their position to enemy.
You should visit /k/, anon. Every single person there will call you the biggest retard in the world. I think even hardcore A/Z haters are laughing at you at this point.
>>
>>15938892
Allow me to refute your rebuttal of the things I just pinpoint.
By the time you've been talking about "performing hand/light/sound signal is impractical since it exposes them to the enemy" shit and such, the point of stealth and being unspotted is basically pointless since they have 360 degree visibility and can spot you. The key here is that since the radio signal is jammed and they're basically out of commus, and they still need to perform a commus with anything they have, including these three. The key here is they need to do it fast and do some gambit pileup so these Versian knights won't be able to respond them all at once despite their higher visibility. And since the Versian hardly came in packs, they can rule them out more efficiently.

Speaking of which, all of these tactical prowess Inaho possesses is pretty basic for military standard, and can be performed by any other UFE officials. Yet it seems like that they really can't do anything much without him.

Now after some of shitty tactical plotholes, let's talk about other things that makes a real robot show. The politics is the main reason why a lot of real robot show managed to be interesting and engaging. I wonder how A/Z handles it's politics and how will they going to fuck it up... right?
>>
I can understand hating on a bad anime, but hating on an anime while not understanding the basic elements of the plot that were explained in the episodes is pathetic.
>>
>>15937460
>i like shit more than piss
>>
>>15938987
But what if the basic elements also harking too much from real robot principles? They tried to be realistic and fantastic at the same time and failed. Simply explaining things on screen won't going to help much, especially if the execution is barebones.
And those were also a hypothetical question for me; what if they can do that and acknowledge my issue with the show? it could have turned out differently. They can work with the tropes they're using but at the end it seems to be underutilized.

yeah imma pathetic retard who hates this anime. in fact, this show is the reason i hated A-1 pictures.
>>
>>15938952
I can't believe there are people this retarded.
If signal is jammed you can't receive any commands from your officers because they are miles away. And no hand waving or sound can help with that. That was the biggest issue during the fights, the lack of centralized commands.
When enemy hasn't spotted you yet performing visual/sound signals can easily reveal your position.
And if enemy already spotted you YOU SIMPLY HAVE NO TIME TO WAVE HANDS. It takes too much time to pass even simplest command and everyone should be in direct line of sight (often it's very hard to achieve) and everyone should watch someone's signals instead of focusing on the enemy. It should be obvious even to a little kid. But what should I expect from idiot who couldn't understand plot element which was spelled out by protagonist >>15938861.
Congratulations on being the most retarded person on /m/.

>>15939033
>yeah imma pathetic retard
Indeed
>>
>>15938854
>>15938861
You wasted your time bringing up what was already concluded as a plot contrivance, the characters pointing it out doesn't make it less of a poorly written element
>>15938987
Understanding what? People have already refuted your claim and you have yet to give any fucking answer outside insulting people who prove you wrong?
>>
>>15939079
You know what guys, i admit defeat. I can understand how my reasoning behind all of this were faulty and ill-backed. You guys can call me retard or whatsoever, but my point is still stands; this show breaks my willing suspension of disbelief when simply trying to enjoy and thinking about it. It disappointed my expectation of tactical approach that poorly defined and executed despite many show like 08th MS Team gives a decent example how it can be done realistic. The politics feels lackluster and barely tries to break something many shows bring. The characters are mostly one dimensional and mostly irrelevant since the production team wouldn't spent minute to flesh them out, with the exception of the main three. The animation were mediocre for today's standard especially how they poorly handle the 3D CG models, which all of them felt expressionless and doesn't utilize the 3DCG to an extent. And the list is on and on...
It breaks me apart after the hype mass appeal they threw and after two episode buildup they strengthen and solidify and ended up into a hogwash one episode later, and it's only going to be downhill from that point onward. I wanted to give them a chance, but it's like they refuse even after years.
You can write a long essay of rebuttal for this but admit it, you guys were disappointed by it, don't you?
>>
>>15938852
>>15938854
>>15938861

Aw thanks man didn't know that

>>15939613
>You wasted your time forgetting I'm retarded
>>
>>15939613
>You wasted your time bringing up what was already concluded as a plot contrivance
By a single retard like you? Ahahahahahaha.
>>
>>15939655
>>15939653
I'm a completely different person from >>15939613. Also i give up talking about shit techs from A/Z, let's just talk about something else about A/Z or watch another fucking cartoon. I've already released my statement here: >>15939641.
>>
>>15939663
speaking of A/Z, have you guys experienced the Koto model kit of Sleipnir? This looks nice at a glance.
>>
>>15939655
>Many people already poked holes in your shitty logic
>I-i-i-i-i-it's just you

And you still haven't even answered the previous Slaine argument

>>15939671
No why would buy shit from a show I don't like?
>>
I love how its obvious that this idiot dfending A/Z is just doing it to spit /m/. Not working though
>>
>>15939671
>those feet

I have never seen a good mecha design fucked up so hard by 2 body parts
>>
>>15939967
The legs in general just don't work. In the show Sleipnir is a clipfest of insane proportions, how Kotobukiya even managed to make that pose possible is withcraft.
>>
>>15939952
>being this much of a triggered bitchboi

Oh no, someone likes something you hate, better cry to the jannies that they must be out to destroy /m/!
>>
>>15939944
>Many people already poked holes in your shitty logic
Not a single person except for >>15939641 who already admitted he is retarded. You should follow his example.
You can search through archives and you won't find anyone else complaining about cameras. Not on /a/, not on /m/. You two are unique in your retardness. Fucking brainlets, leave this board.

>And you still haven't even answered the previous Slaine argument
I already told everything, there are like 5 posts explaining the same thing to retards like you. I even made a real world analogy thinking it will help idiots like you understand it. I really don't want to re-iterate the same thing again. But jeez, I can make another extremely obvious response:
>>15936262
>he would have taken her IF she was any danger
Yeah, and that's EXACTLY what happened. Inaho used her to shut down fortress, put her in danger and in the end got her shot.
>>
>>15913458
Why didn't Bandai make kits of these Kats from aldnoah? Each of them looked interesting enough. Wasn't it fairly popular? Same goes for Captain Earth.
>>
>>15940332
Aldnoah is owned by aniplex, didn't follow Captain Earth so don't know about that
>>
>>15939967
>>15939983
Come to think of it, the initial design reeaaaaly doesn't translate well on model kits and how Koto managed to pull it off is like a meme magic. Shame because I-IV put some effort with it's mechanics along with other kats, which has been pretty much defiled by A-1/Troyca design choices to make them a shitty expressionless 3DCG bullshit.
In the last thread there's someone who has scanlation of I-IV mechanics on A/Z and put it there.
>>
File: 06 - Vol 6.jpg (1.02 MB, 2560x1440)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
>>15940370
>Shame because I-IV put some effort with it's mechanics along with other kats, which has been pretty much defiled by A-1/Troyca design choices to make them a shitty expressionless 3DCG bullshit.
It was planned from the start to be CG, he knew that when he got the job. The designs were made with CG in mind and he was happy working with them, so you can chill your A1 hateboner
>>
>>15940388
Extrapolating from that, a CG-minded design should not be too difficult to CAD into a plamo model, from which the individual parts and runners could be derived.

I mean, the CG model is essentially a digital sculpt in a manner of speaking. All you need after that is the tooling needed to translate to a plastic object.
>>
>>15939990
>likes shit
>gets called out for liking shit
>STOP PICKING ON ME!
How pathetic

>>15940021
>Not a single person
So you don't even read the thread

>Inaho used her to shut down fortress
She agreed to do so on her own. Anyways you've already embarrassed yourself enough for today.
>>
>>15940021
>>
>>15940388
I-IV did more for troyca after A/Z so he's good.
>>
>>15940808
>So you don't even read the thread
Show me another anon complaining about cameras. Just a simple post link. I thought after images in >>15938852 even absolute brain dead retards would finally get how that mech works. How wrong I was. There is no limit to your retardness.

>She agreed to do so on her own
Inaho still used her. She still endangered her. The fact she agreed with the plan doesn't really matter. Slaine would never allow that plan to happen. How hard for retard like you to understand that Inaho wanted to use hime and Slaine would interfere with that? It's in fucking dialogue. I wasted my ratio to download another episode, so here it is:
>Slaine: Princess Asseylum, I've found you at last!
>Inaho: Your princess was dead. And in spite of that... why are you looking for her?
>Inaho: You knew that the princess was alive. So why?
>Slaine: What do you mean?
>Inaho: Answer me.
>Slaine: Take me to Her Highness.
>Inaho: Answer my question first.
>Slaine: Are you intending to exploit her to your own ends?
>Inaho: If she's exploited,
>Inaho: do you have a problem with that?
>Slaine: Are you...
>Slaine: Are you my enemy?!
>*gets shot*
I'll re-iterate it once again for absolute retard like you. Inaho shot down Slaine as soon as he understood that Slaine would interfere with his plans.
Even /a/ and /m/ didn't have an issue with that scene. Again, since /m/ archives are dead, here's a link to post-episode discussion from /a/: https://foolz.fireden.net/a/thread/112330277

>>15940813
>I'm retarded and got completely shat on. But I will continue to sperg out and giving free (You)s
Epic
>>
>>15940815
>>15940388
My complaints is not about using the CG instead, rather it's their incompetence to utilize their cg technology to an extent. These CG's looks like an unfinished SFM college project that barely runs on 30fps, expressionless husks without any thought of effort put into, the fact that a lot of mechanics from the original scrap were not utilized properly with some mechanics felt underwhelming on execution, poor shot composition that makes me disoriented when they change to each shot, and many other things... this makes me think that the CG model were just thrown there to do action things. Really if I were I-IV I would be tad disappointed of how the execution suck ass.
The Origin that came a year later looks inpressive and were able to utilize some of the CG potential.
>>
>>15940947
>The fact she agreed with the plan doesn't really matter.
Nah and it just destroys your entire point.

> Inaho shot down Slaine as soon as he understood that Slaine would interfere with his plans.
This is all your headcanon., even in the fucking commentary track they said Inaho was in the wrong during that scene.

>Even /a/ and /m/ didn't have an issue with that scene
>https://foolz.fireden.net/a/thread/112330277
Anon...do you just read the first few posts and ignore the rest of the thread because the majority of the comments are complaining about how that scene went down and not doing what you said because they're not dumbfucks like you that can't even defend bad writing
>>
>>15940947
You didn't shat on anyone in fact we're still waiting for a response by your ass but you refuse to give it so until you do then I can just write it off as a contrivance and there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>15913458
No, you're not the only one. I thought it was fantastic. Unfortunately, /m/ hates everything and wouldn't truly know what a good show is if it fucked them in the ass! Liking a show isn't allowed here.
>>
>>15940947
Nothing in that even implies a such because everything that that sequence is so retarded that its hard to infer anything in his words beyond headcanon. Fact remains that all the Princess actions was her own Inaho didn't really have to do anything. You can continue grasping for straws and I will continue to prove you wrong.
>>
File: yd3koc3.jpg (645 KB, 1600x919)
645 KB
645 KB JPG
>>15941219
You can tell your show is bad when the only defense for it is that /m/ hates everything. Because /m/ just hates everything and not just shows that are fucking shit surely we've never praise a good recent show.
>>
>>15941205
>You didn't shat on anyone in fact we're still waiting for a response
Response for what? Ah nvm, I forgot that's it's just free (You). Carry on.

>>15941199
>This is all your headcanon, even in the fucking commentary track they said Inaho was in the wrong during that scene.
>headcanon
I even copy-pastes the fucking script where they clearly talk about possibility of hime being exploited. Do you not know how to read?
Inaho was wrong only in hindsight because if he didn't shoot Slaine princess would probably not get "killed" in 13th episode. Actually if Inaho killed Slaine in that scene it would be even better because none of s2 shit would ever happen. Killing him would be the best course of action.

>do you just read the first few posts and ignore the rest of the thread because the majority of the comments are complaining about how that scene went down
Now you're just use blatant lying?
Here's a response from middle of the thread: https://foolz.fireden.net/a/thread/112330277/#q112335730
Here's from second part of thread: https://foolz.fireden.net/a/thread/112330277/#q112345290
https://foolz.fireden.net/a/thread/112330277/#q112346300
That's on top of the first few responses They are all literally saying the exactly same thing I already said about conflicting interests like 10 times already.

>>15941288
>>15941199
>Nah and it just destroys your entire point.
>Fact remains that all the Princess actions was her own
Are you so retarded you don't know what word "exploit" means?
>exploit verb [ T ] uk /JkˈsplɔJt/ us /JkˈsplɔJt/
>B2 to use something in a way that helps you
>B2 to use someone or something unfairly for your own advantage
It's unrelated to the fact if the person being exploited agrees to it or not. Inaho always cared about princess and never wanted any harm for her. But princess benefited him and he continued using her for his (and Earth's) interests. Something Slaine would never accept.
>>
>>15941510
Wait, while reading that archived thread I found something I completely missed when watching the show. It's shown just for a split second, but Slaine shot first.
I repeat
SLAINE
SHOT
FIRST

Another proof that Inaho had no reason to trust Slaine. Slaine never cared about eartlings, only about princess.
>>
>>15941528
that looks poorly edited with photoshop.
then again the CG is poor.
>>
>>15941528
Not that guy but
>Slaine aims the gun
>Inaho doesn't move an inch
>Slaine's bullet misses and Inaho's bullet hits
Oh wow, it's not like he could have fired a warning shot, it's all because of his bad aim, right? It's not like Slaine didn't want to shoot Terrans in episode two and tried to miss Calm and the others on purpose.
>the pilot with better technology and better intuition and reflexes shot first
That's so surprising.

This argument was always among the most retarded ones of the anime and everyone spammed it, if you noticed just now you didn't even follow the threads at the time. The hilarious part about that scene is that Inaho immediately forgives Rayet after she chokes the princess and there's also the scene where they are watching the birds.
>>
>>15941583
Took me a while to find it.
>>
>>15941583
Huh. Interestingly, if you read this script and the descriptions of character's actions Asseylum reacts when he mentions how the Martian that was looking for her was worried they were using her. Makes season 2 hilarious if she realized in that moment that it was Slaine who was looking for her.
>>
File: retard.jpg (79 KB, 478x424)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>15941510
>>15941528
>>
File: 4XTFNGL.png (10 KB, 370x320)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>15941583
>>15941585
can't read moonspeak senpai.
omeone illing to ranslate?
>>
>>15941583
>Oh wow, it's not like he could have fired a warning shot, it's all because of his bad aim, right?
I'm not saying that Inaho shot in response. The point is that they BOTH did no trust each other. They were enemies from two conflicting factions with each of them working in the best interests of their respective faction.

>>15942081
Looks like a script of episode 8 when Asshime is talking about amulet which was given to her by Slaine. Pic related, it's this scene.
Inaho probably connected the dots and figured out that "dear Terran friend" was probably the guy he shot down. Too bad this scene happened after Inaho the shooting. And I'm not sure if it would change Inaho's actions anyway.
>>
>>15942108
My problems with the heroes (especially the twin Nao and Asslimp) is that despite all of the flawed ideals and motivations, and many questionable acts they've committed, they were barely ever addressed let alone punished for such. But for some fucking reason they acknowledge the villains especially Slaine and fucking punishes them to a rather unfair extent.
>>
>>15942133
>T-they are gud guy and they dindu nuffin
>Bad guy a shit.

Typical Nips.
>>
File: shill.png (371 KB, 798x528)
371 KB
371 KB PNG
>>15913458
I'll never forget how hard Aniplex shilled this show back then.
>>
>>15942248
Not defending A/Z, but you sound like a filthy zeonfag.
>>
>>15942290
i baffled when they overhype subpar names and works to build up expectations.
Urobusta is a poor man excuse of Tomino and i've have problems with Tomino's storytelling itself. The problem i have with Urobusta is that he won't bother to kill someone without ever developing them further and actually make the death more impactful.
Ei Aoki 'visual expression'? I think it's more like throwing visual effects on a badly paced and sloppily animated scene in order to simulate high paced movement visual expression, because i'm not impressed by the final work. The CG sucks, and they only use CG to alleviate the cost rather than to express the medium further.
Takako Shimura character designs are bland as shit. None of them barely shows a sharp expression and doesn't replicate how the emotion of how painful living in the state of war is. In fact, most of them look like generic pedestrian that doesn't do as much.
The worldbuilding suck and as they really didn't overlook it still fall off with poor execution in the end. Really, the last two paragraph just shows how a hype can fuck people up.
The only one i admit were good and most problems were caused by it's decision making and poor direction are I-IV designs and SawanoHiroyuki's music piece. They didn't utilize CG full extent and makes I-IV design looks horrendous in execution. The same can be said with Sawano's music piece, which become jarring as the sound director scatter them without any sense of directing and really makes it look like shit after a while.

And if i am correct, they really overambitious with trying to surpass Gundam. It's not included in this poster, however.
>>
>>15942997
What makes you so frustrated about an anime that you keep repeating the same things and writing long incoherent rants about things you don't even understand whenever you get an opportunity to do it?
>>
>>15917800
>it skipped leg day less than in the cartoon

Haha.

Now seriously.

All I want is a package SDs of the S1 combiner that can actually combine. I don'T give a shit about anything else this series featured.
>>
>>15913458
Its shit though. Gary Stu protagonist that is capable of literally anything. Screw your tech advantage, protagonist's common sense the strongest there is.
>>
>>15942997
Honestly, hype is something you ignore. Nobody is going to remember the hype years from now and there's no way to reference how hyped something is. The marketing will always hype the product as much as they've got budget for and the final product will never be what's promised.
>>
>>15943264
>Its shit though. Gary Stu protagonist that is capable of literally anything. Screw your tech advantage, protagonist's common sense the strongest there is.

It's only a gary stu if he's actively warping both characters and rules to his advantage to destroy drama.

Really, Eggs just used high school physics on the fly. Not hard but you need a certain perspective to see an enemy as a physics question to be solved.

I suppose it can be called an ass pull, but by the same logic, TTGL has an asspull every five seconds and you don't call TTGL out for bad writing.
>>
>>15943590
He is a Gary Stu because he wins all the time, and the one time he doesn't (ep12) it's not his fault but the blame is shifted to Saazbaum and Slaine. He is surrounded with less competent friends and adults who keep praising him or being on good terms, no one gets jealous and angry at him, no one scolds him when he disobeys orders except his sister who's just worrying and forgives him right away.

He is at the center of all action, even outside of mecha battles like when he solves the situation with Rayet. His flaw is supposed to be his lack of emotion, but he never gets into problems with other people, it's at most played as a joke a few times. On top of that there's the whole blatant self insert and power fantasy thing.
>>
The one thing I appreciated about the series was that Earth built a mech that was actually totally capable of shredding the marsbots with its main weapon. They actually did a good job at studying every aspect of the one that fell into their laps.
>>
>>15944688
>One thing I appreciate about the series is something that's a stable in every mecha anime

I swear the people who praise this shit are newshits
>>
>>15943590
>>15943068
Sup Karice67. Still failing to defend this piece of shit I see
>>
>>15944182
>>15943590
Gary Stu might have ridiculous amount of traits, one being overpowered badass and lack of flaw. But you guys seems to fail to recognize how a Stu work;
>Stu will sometimes gravitate everything towards him. Any character can get anything they wanted, but a Stu will inexplicably have everything handed over to them when it's needed. or...
>Stu can do anything they want as plot or the audience demands. This includes doing something that never expected to happen everytime plot demands. This might be Asspull, but those were completely different thing. see below
>Stu can do no wrong. All consideration of flaws in the narrative is nondescript, whether it's a flawed motivation, ideals, and questionable acts.
>Stu is there just to be there. By means is that the plot really need them to advance.
>An Asspull while prevalent among Stu is not considered a Gary-Stuing. Bear in mind for writers that only uses Asspull as an escape hatch should you having difficulties when writing one.
>Invincible overpowered character who almost or never lost in a fight or any form of conflict is not a Stu, despite how most of them associated with Stu character.

Inaho is a weird hit and miss Stu character. He has a lot of Stu elements, like how the narrative doesn't seem to acknowledge his flaws let alone challenge it, the fact that he's required to advance despite how irrelevant he is, et cetera. but at the same time doesn't fit some of it's prevalent nature like except for the infamous Eye hijack, he barely done any Asspull since he managed to win most of his battle without taking a sweat, killing any stakes the show sets.
I kinda liked his stoic sociopath nature of personality but since the show just push him as more of a plot device than a character makes me mad.
>>
>>15944769
Sup Karice67
>>
>>15944769
I'm not Karice and i don't like A/Z as much as you do.
>>
>>15944794
>>15944803
fuck wrong reply
>>
>>15944769
Asspulls aren't mandatory for a character to be a Gary Stu/Mary Sue though, there are different definitions too but he fits most of the classic traits.
>>
>>15944703
Still aren't paying attention I see, John445
>>
>>15944182
Inaho can't be a gary stu. He doesn't get the girl.
>>
>>15945135
This would be correct if he made her dislike him or if she just didn't like him from the beginning, but instead he's painted as a tragic hero and the princess had to make a sacrifice for the sake of her peace.

The way the scene is written in the context of the story is what matters, for example: you can write a death scene normally or you can make it seem like the character gloriously sacrificed himself to defeat the enemy and have all side characters circlejerk about them.
>>
>>15944701
Gundam SEED.

Windams died like flies and never got a kit.
>>
>>15944688
What stable?
Their Handheld assault rifle is fucking pathetic. They should utilize more on weapon that actually cripples them Kataprakts yet drop them because muh practicality muh realism.

>>15944701
They don't even have a model kit other than the shitty Sleipnir.
>>
File: VersFlag2.png (309 KB, 3840x2160)
309 KB
309 KB PNG
Best Show 2014
>>
I just watched it for the asspulls
>>
>>15944769
>Hit or miss Stu
>He has a lot of Stu elements

He is a full blown Stu and a total miss at it because he is such an unlikable cunt.
>>
>>15947331
Maybe it's a hit and miss because despite having such traits, Inaho barely does something to the flow of the plot and simply put there just to advance the plot. The driving point of the plot goes to Slaine, Saazbaum, and Asslump's.
Inaho also rarely has the entire show gravitate towards them, since he is barely relevant to the show and he's not even the point of view of the main story, unlike Vaan from FFXII, while mostly irrelevant but the story is still on his POV and he also supports the de facto protagonist Ashe throughout the story.

To sum it up, Inaho is that dude who barely relevant on a project, but the group needed his skill and might have dropped him after he's no longer needed, yet he also appears in the credits.
>>
>>15947558
Did you forget the part how he is the hero of every UFE battle? If you think he's barely relevant you obviously forgot the anime, you're grasping for straws.

Maybe you're thinking that because he's a boring character he isn't as relevant as the other main ones, but he is at the center of attention of the UFE cast. He groups them up and thinks of a plan to defeat the purple kat at the start, shoots Slaine down, saves Asshime's life with mouth to mouth, goes up in the final battle against Saaz, helps that count escape from prison, enters the moon base and saves the princess etc etc He is driving the plot as much as the others and you have many scenes of the side characters praising him and hyping him up like when he comes back in ep13. He's a Gary Stu.
>>
>>15947603
Come to think of it, he is indeed a center of attention. But he's barely drive the plot and just here on narrative to advance.
Still a Gary Stu, but nowhere close to Tatsuya.
>>
>>15947233
And mecha, we came for asspulls and mecha.
>>
>>15947712
>>15947233

Mecha and Asspull is like an inseparable entity, you won't see a mecha show without them trying to asspull themselves out of situation at least once.
But a show that frequently asspulls themselves and still trying to be realistic like this show breaks my suspension of disbelief, it messing with my intelligence, and I hate it when they do that.
>>
>>15945255
>but instead he's painted as a tragic hero and the princess had to make a sacrifice for the sake of her peace.

...aren't you talking about Slaine? Did Inaho pull any great sacrifice?
>>
anyone kind enough to post all the official sheets of all the mechs with their names? I feel like making a visual guide.
>>
>>15947603
By that logic, every single gundam MC is a gary stu.
>>
File: D17.jpg (104 KB, 704x542)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>15948549
Check again, I said that the princess had to make a sacrifice. According to the director, she sacrificed her choice to be with a person she loves and married Klancain instead to get political approval. Naturally, that didn't come across as a sacrifice in the anime since she marries a polite young guy, but that's how Aoki feels about it.

>>15948654
Read my previous post why I think Inaho is a Gary Stu >>15944182

If you look at Amuro and Kamille they have obvious flaws and their relationships with other characters aren't perfect. They are very skilled newtypes, but they still fuck up from time to time and act childish. Adults scold them and they aren't always shown as the heroes or good guys.

>>15948567
There isn't much of a point in a visual guide when there are 2 booklets with names and designwork of all kats.
>>
File: UFEflag2.png (327 KB, 3840x2160)
327 KB
327 KB PNG
Enjoy, I just wanted to share.
>>
>>15944182
>He is a Gary Stu because he wins all the time, and the one time he doesn't (ep12) it's not his fault but the blame is shifted to Saazbaum and Slaine.
You must hate Goku. Goku always wins.

>He is surrounded with less competent friends and adults who keep praising him or being on good terms

I'm pretty sure he's never been praised by his CO Mag or his instructor Marito. His relationship with Rayet was also pretty rocky for a while.

> no one gets jealous and angry at him, no one scolds him when he disobeys orders except his sister who's just worrying and forgives him right away.

I'm pretty sure Calm gives him crap for a while since he was saddled with hanger duty and Nina made some noise about his attitude.

>He is at the center of all action, even outside of mecha battles like when he solves the situation with Rayet.

Main character license. Eggs is supposed to be the center of attention.

> His flaw is supposed to be his lack of emotion, but he never gets into problems with other people, it's at most played as a joke a few times.

Well...he doesn't get the girl at the end so I guess it did come back at him.

Honestly, go watch Asterisk War and then tell me Inaho is a Gary Stu.
>>
>>15948726
THICC!!!!!
>>
>>15948726
>Check again, I said that the princess had to make a sacrifice.

Well you did say "he"
>>
>>15949848
>and the princess had to make a sacrifice for the sake of her peace.
>>
>>15949834
>grasping for straws this hard
>bringing up miniscule scenes that had no further relevance
>bringing up Goku who is from a series with completely different mood and target audience
My poor sides, are you hurt that I insulted your self insert?

He's definitely been praised by Magbaredge and she always forgives him even when he disobeys orders. Rayet had a rocky relationship with everyone but cries in front of the emotionless autists and tells him how she felt all the time, because he's such a great moral support.

Calm was supportive of him for 97% of the anime and if he got mad at him, it didn't have any consequences and got quickly solved as always. As for the center of attention, all UFE side characters are dumbed down and Inaho gets the spotlight. It's not about being the protagonist, it's that he gets all the glory all the time and when his friends shine it's just when they do something that was his idea.

And again, he doesn't get the girl because she didn't like him or got angry at him, but because she was forced to choose someone else, so it's irrelevant.
>>
>>15950139
hmm...no, still don't buy it.

You're not actually angry about Inaho at all. Otherwise you'd be making comparisons between him, Heero Yuy, and Sosuke Sagara.

No, you probably got mad because you either A. fell for the hype, B. didn't get the science so it all feels like asspulls, C. thought the main character was Inaho, or D. honestly didn't like the visuals.
>>
>>15950139
>And again, he doesn't get the girl because she didn't like him or got angry at him, but because she was forced to choose someone else, so it's irrelevant.

Oh, you missed it. Asseylum asked Inaho to save Slaine. Technically, Slaine got the girl.
>>
>>15950449
What kind of defense or moving the goal posts is that supposed to be? I actually explained some of the bits about the anime in posts like this >>15936039

You shouldn't jump to conclusions about who is writing which posts on an anonymous image board. I just enjoyed the Vers side and thought Inaho was an awfully boring character. I presented you my reasoning and if you have nothing smarter to fall back on except
>there are bigger gary stus so he's excused
Or
>you probably didn't like the anime because of the visuals and fell for the hype
Then I have nothing else to say.
>>
>>15950518
>I just enjoyed the Vers side and thought Inaho was an awfully boring character. I presented you my reasoning and if you have nothing smarter to fall back on except

Right, so as Inaho is now the villain, being horribly overpowered makes him a better character rather than worse.
>>
>>15950523
You can twist things however you want to make them sound fun, but that's not the truth and what the author wanted to present. The materials paint Inaho as the good guy and the hero.
>>
>>15950533
Then why did Slaine get all the character development?
>>
>>15950535
When Urobuchi presented some of the earlier outlines they already wanted him to have a tragic story and had a solid idea how his character would develop. Inaho's personality was changed at the last possible moment, I'd post proof if I wasn't outside. But that lead to Inaho's character not being entirely thought through and they cut some of his development because it would be a negative development (he would become obsessed with the princess).
>>
>>15950549
That's both horribly contrived and kinda irrelevant. Slaine got the character development, Slaine's the main character with Inaho being his antagonist.
>>
>>15950582
That's your interpretation. If you find me a piece of official material that calls Slaine the main character and Inaho his antagonist, feel free to do it.
>>
File: az_script 1.jpg (2.79 MB, 2160x3840)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB JPG
>>15950582
Meanwhile, you might want to take a look at this
>>
File: az_script 2.jpg (2.47 MB, 3840x2160)
2.47 MB
2.47 MB JPG
>>15950736
The scenario calls Inaho the Earth side protagonist and Slaine the Mars side protagonist, that's the plain truth
>>
>>15950709
>>15950582
A main character(s) are characters that primarily moves the story, whether it'll be a protagonist or antagonist alike.
That said, i don't consider Inaho as essential main character since he's barely relevant and he's just there to saves the day or become another gear who'll move the plot forward, but not the one who drive it.
>>
>>15950974
By this logic, Inaho is the main character for season 1 while Slaine is the MC for season 2
>>
>>15951508
Just look at it! Slaine actively drive the plot as a villain protagonist, while what Inaho did is just to win the day again for Asslimp. I don't like a character that barely drives a plot yet the writer still insist that he is the protagonist.
Protagonist is not always have to be a Hero, as Kratos and Not Important shows.
>>
>>15951665
During season 2, certainly but for most of Season 1 Slaine is along for the ride.
>>
>>15950535
Because they're shitty writers who don't understand how to develop both protagonists?
>>
>>15952577
B3cause muh writing standards and muh executive interference.
I call both bullshit since executives that intefere won't bother much and Japanese writing standard that can only be enjoyed by Japanese because of it's pandering nature.
>>
>>15954152
fuck on a second thought i shouldn't talking about pandering to the base memes here.
>>
>>15913458
>>>/trash/
>>
>>15957109
>bumps the thread and saves it from death
>>
Tip this thread once again because I want to see you guys shat on discussion for this show

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.