[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Is Star Wars /m/?
>>
we've had Star Wars threads before
>>
>>15938333
Yeah Takara's doing this.
>>
Literally anything Scifi is /m/ as long as something mechanical is present
In Japanese, Mecha is broader term.
>>
AT-ATs are basically Mobile Suit Dogs

so yeea
>>
>>15938333
i dont know, but what i do know is that the quality of SW threads here are surely much better than they are on /tv/ so i dont mind them being here. even here you get autists who can only recite the red letter media video beyond the point of it being funny but most people are willing to talk about it here.
>>
>>15938487
Its a shame because Mike doesn't actually hate the prequels THAT much. Nigga was playing a character in that video, specifically because he wanted people to understand hes not actually that bitter.
Of course, thats specifically the kind of subtlety an autistic person cant fathom
>>
>Can build your Battle Droids to be LITERALLY WHATEVER YOU WANT
>Settle on lanky fuckbois who can be punched to death

Are the separatists fucking retarded? Why didn't they build fucking KILLBOTS
>>
With a cool theme song like this, it has to be /m/
https://youtu.be/zAs7VyP2DCs
>>
>>15938504

>Star Wars Intro

I don't understand? Did this play before the film? Did they actually show the highlights of the film before the film itself?
>>
>>15938333
>HUR DURR FUCK JAR JAR

Look, we all agree the movies sucked but it's been like 18 years. Give it a rest people.
>>
>>15938497
most of that is actually endlessly quoting the Rogue One review.

yes, i hate the direction star wars is taking, but if you want to be a cynical faggot, be a fucking original one, instead of quoting something ad nauseam.
>>
>>15938498
They eventually made some Super Battle Droids or whatever they were called.

Not sure why they didn't just spam more Droideka. Spin to win.
>>
>>15938513

NO

NOT UNTIL JAR JAR IS CONFIRMED SITH LORD

THERE HAS TO BE A REASON WHY THE PREQUELS WERE SO BAD AND THAT REASON IS THEY WERENT BAD BECAUSE THEY WERE SETTING UP JAR JAR AS THE SUPREME EVIL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yy3q9f84EA
>>
>>15938516

This is going to blow your mind but movie critics aren't the exclusive thought of any one person. We can all see why Rogue One sucked or why the prequels where bad.

We're not repeating someone else just because we point out the same obvious issues. Asking someone to be original in that regard is like asking them to be original when telling you the time
>>
these guys are /m/ af
>>
File: repent.png (95 KB, 590x618)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
>>15938481
No, it's robot cartoons or nothing
>>
>>15938534

Robot Jox isn't /m/?
>>
>>15938522
i mean the people who recite "I CLAPPED" or "IT BROKE YOU GROUND".

their critiques are on point but people never actually cite their critiques, they instead spout dead and unfunny phrases.
>>
>>15938529

>Ep. 1 and 2 establish that battledroids are painted the color of their battlefield
>no other show does this

WHY
>>
>>15938529

>Have guns built in
>Still require a two-step targeting process (Eyes see, then Arms aim)

Who ever designed the battle droids is an ACTUAL retard

You build the guns into the torso, not the fucking arms.
>>
File: 1429650086858.jpg (571 KB, 1920x1080)
571 KB
571 KB JPG
>>15938498
>>15938517
To be fair, the B1 was made to be cheap for mass production purposes and it's skeletal frame made it easily compacted for storage, meaning you could make and pack a ton of the fuckers into something.
Plus their semi-humanoid design allowed them to make use of objects designed for humanoids.

Droideka are awesome, but they can't exactly open doors...
>>
File: W2w7d7J.jpg (321 KB, 2220x2200)
321 KB
321 KB JPG
>playing the Battlefront 2 beta
>jump in and out of matchmaking until I'm on the Separatist faction
>put on the Droid Invasion track from the Ep1 OST
>fight with my droid comrades

This pleases me to a worrying extent
>>
File: zombie droid.png (181 KB, 375x675)
181 KB
181 KB PNG
>>15938498
>>15938844
Fun fact:
After death, nemodian corpse withers, its skull becoming narrow and elongater with remains of brain accumulating in its rear.
In other words B1 appear as cross between terminator and zombie to those aliens
>>
>>15938482
That's an adorable mental image. A Gundam series where the MC is a Pomeranian
>>
>>15938467
Oh yeah, this definitely looks better than those shitty Transformers Crossover toys from a few years ago.

Although I'm slightly disappointed that their still going for the 'this Star Wars vehicle turns into a giant Star Wars character' thing. It can work for armored/ cyborg/ droid characters like Vader, Grievous, Storm/Clonetroopers and the Fetts, but is shit when they do human characters like Luke, Obi Wan, etc. A part of me wishes that they'd use actual Transformers for these things. Imagine how great it'd be to get aStarscream that transforms into an X Wing, Megatron that transforms into a Juggernaut, and so on.
>>
Friendly reminder that the original Battlefront 2 is back online
>>
>>15938972
Vader's name is worth more than Megatron's
>>
>>15938998
After a decade of blockbuster movies, I'd say Optimus Prime and Megatron have almost as much name recognition as Vader. Hell, in places like China, that didn't get the OT, they probably have more.
>>
File: stargazer0.webm (2.93 MB, 854x480)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB WEBM
>>15938333
You'll have some fucktards claim its nu-/m/ but yes, SW is welcome on /m/.

>>15938482
So they're Bacous?
>>
>>15938333
A better question:

Is Star Wars /dead/?
Or at least dead to you?
>>
Clones had mecha to take down jedi not canon anymore but BLAZE Troopers were cool
>>
File: org_hazardtrooper_1.jpg (40 KB, 300x396)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>
File: 54615464152141554141.jpg (24 KB, 300x400)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
The AT-RT is my walker fu
>>
>>15939751
I'm actually looking forward to The Last Jedi, but my heart sinks with the news that JJ is back for Star Wars 9.

I'm not excited for the Han Solo movie either. Harrison Ford is everything good about the character, Solo was shit in the EU and is shit in printed canon. Solo isn't a good Star Wars character, Ford is a good Star Wars character.
>>
>>15941092
It doesn't help that you hear nothing but problems regarding the production of the Han Solo spin-off.
>>
>>15938467
>takara
>people willingly buy from a company that charges 4x what their toys should be retailed at and has QC issues out the ass
shiggy
>>
>>15941083

>Exposed Pilot

WHATS THE FUCKING POINT
>>
>>15941279
Mostly scouting purposes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqTVXXa4mnk
>>
>>15941349
HES FAST
>>
>>15938333
>protagonist of the OT has a cybernetic hand as a prothestic
>former protagonist of PT and main antagonist is a samurai themed cyborg
I think it might just be. Also PT era was great, Battlefront 2 (original), Republic Commandos, RoTS game, lots of good video games. Anyone remember playing RC and their first experience fighting fucking Supers?
>>
>>15941508
Say what you want about the prequels themselves, but the Clone Wars era is a really cool setting. The cartoons are great and theres a ton of good vidya that came out of it. They might be better movies but it's a shame the new trilogy's setting is just a OT rehash and Disney isn't quite as happy letting there be a fuckton of interesting vidya released as Lucasfilm once was.
>>
>>15938498
Wait, isn't this the prototype droid that the 501st Legion of SW:BF2 trying to destroy on Mustafar?
>>
>>15941519
It's same situation as with Gundam. Constant Zeon/OYW rehashes with no love for late UC.
>>
>>15941349
>droid tanks sitting on hill top, some in hull down-ish positions
>clone walkers on narrow mountain side road ledge thing, part of it forcing them to walk directly to and away from tank position
>lead walker is disabled stopping whole column
Literal computer aimed tanks get one mobility kill on an ideal ambush killzone.
There is no hope for the seps.
>>
>>15941092
It's like the 30+ years of Indiana Jones wannabe characters in movies and TV. They all felt like cheapo knockoffs. Disney won't succeed where decades of other people have failed. Especially not when D is only after $$$.
>>
>>15938529
Droid and Clone army techs were the best bit of the prequels
>>
>>15941871

Battle of Geonosis will always be my favorite scene from any Star Wars film
>>
>>15938520
The prequels were just as good as the first trilogy, go back to Channel Awesome with other sheeple
>>
File: 1502603178950.jpg (5 KB, 250x174)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>15942760
>The prequels were just as good as the first trilogy
>>
>>15938529
Where are their wrist rockets?
>>
>>15939751
Dead to me, because all my Star Wars knowledge have been put into the trash bin, and I'm not that enthusuastic to learn new canon stuff, it doesn't interest me like unlike before with EU and all its bullshit.
>>
File: 96d7b43ed28.jpg (72 KB, 664x872)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>15938498
>Your robot army is supplied by The Trade Federation and The Banking Clan
>why is everything so cheap and shoddy?

I dunno man. Really activates the midichlorines,
>>
>>15938333
>>
>>15942810
Same, while the EU had its flaws, the nuCanon is just all over the place. It's like when Marvel made the Utlimate Universe - and it was just trying to be an edgy version of the original taking all the 'good' ideas and enhancing them.
>>
>>15941519
I feel like the ST existing is constantly going to justify people's views on the PT not being that bad given how bad Episode VII was, the very negative signs on what been heard and rumored with VIII and the weirdness of Rogue One.
>>
>>15942762
They were
>>
>>15942856
The Prequels were fine. The only people who get annoyed by them are oldies. Kids who grew up with the Prequels love them. The only real bad parts were Hayden and Natalie, who were bad and had no chemistry - that fucked the films.

We're getting similar levels with the new trilogies - I don't feel like the actors like each other and it shows in their performances.
>>
File: 1474298773450.gif (2 MB, 300x300)
2 MB
2 MB GIF
>>15942760
>>15942867
>>15942871
No, guys. No.

I was one of those kids you mentioned, but then I grew-up. The prequels were hot garbage. The only good things to come out of them were video games and Genndy's Clone Wars.
>>
>>15942917
>Gendy

Those cartoons were awful.
>>
File: 20170831044608336879.jpg (139 KB, 439x453)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>15942942
The decline of human civilization is real.
>>
File: 23233577889.jpg (172 KB, 960x907)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>/m/ is a Confederate stronghold

As expected of a board with good taste.
>>
File: Umbara landing.webm (2.22 MB, 1130x480)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB WEBM
>>
File: Battle of Umbara.webm (2.9 MB, 1082x460)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB WEBM
>>
File: Battle of Umbara2.webm (2.47 MB, 1130x480)
2.47 MB
2.47 MB WEBM
>>
>>15942917
>The prequels were hot garbage.
Found the channel awesome sheeperson, tell us anon what is it like to dance with your own mouth in the moonlight and is it cherry ice cream?
>>
File: Battle of Umbara3.webm (2.95 MB, 1082x460)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB WEBM
>>
File: Battle of Umbara4.webm (1.96 MB, 1130x480)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB WEBM
>>
File: Battle of Umbara5.webm (2.98 MB, 1130x480)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB WEBM
>>
>>15938333
Still waiting for a movie scene of a giant battle droid punching out a rancor.
>>
Prequel-apologists are the worst cancer I've ever dealt with, and I had Lymphoma.
>>
>>15938506
Sounds like a Nip version of the disco theme.
https://youtu.be/dWRWYYt47RI
>>
>>15943478
it is
iirc it's somebody who did a bunch of other themes, maybe the Jet Jaguar one?
>>15938506
afaik the song was just its own thing

looks like this is cobbled together from some old moonsubbed pan and scan home version
somebody on youtube didn't label a thing accurately
>>
>>15942917
I am one of those kids you are talking about and I think your opinion is shit. RoTS was legitimately awesome and I enjoyed TPM even despite Jar-Jar.

>Genny's Clone Wars
Shit taste detected.
>>
File: Clone Trooper.jpg (204 KB, 582x648)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>>15943204
Fuck no. The only thing that matters if the majority of /m/ has decent taste. Phase 1 or Phase 2 armor for Clone Troopers, boys, which is better aesthetically?
>>
Does /m/ hate Rogue One? I thought it was fine other than the romantic implications and a bit of the first half of the film.
>>
>>15943543
What romantic implications? Dey dint even kiss in the end. It's pretty similar to the ending of Pacific Rim, a tight hug of friendship, but in R1 it's done moments before their inevitable doom.
>>
>>15943543
No but it wasn't very good. The first third of the movie is a lot of rapid scene changes and transitions that leave the story kind of bare bones in lieu of putting more action and drama for the viewers, and Jyn's personality doing a 180 after Galan's death (not her views, just her personality) going from a spunky rebel to a generic "lets do it for the greater good" archetype didn't help. Also half of the Rogues were garbage like Imwe.

I don't think it was bad but I don't think it was very good and most people who seem to praise it do so admittingly in the context of contrasting it with TFA. I enjoyed it but it had a lot of issues but one certain saving grace was not having Cassian and Jyn become enamored with each other.
>>
>>15943543
I thought it had some really good looking mechanical designs (especially in terms of details) and the rest was fine. Possibly character stuff was mishandled, but I was too busy looking at Alan Tudyk's robot and turbolaser turrets on the star destroyers.
>>
>>15943543
>literally corvette somehow can generate more torque, force, and energy with its magnitudes of orders smaller mass than a fucking Star Destroyer
>Imperial forces garrisoned on Scariff, or at least the officers besides Krennic, are all criminally incompetent and have to be told by superior to react to a fucking Rebel attack blowing shit up
>Jyn's personality flipping and inverting so rapidly that it leaves your head spinning; the fact she's aware the Alliance was trying to use her to assassinate her dad and sort of brushes it off despite Cassian's mere last minute relenting leaves the viewer dumbfounded and almost insulted
I liked Rogue One but had almost as many issues as TFA.
>>
File: DSC_3487.jpg (490 KB, 663x1000)
490 KB
490 KB JPG
>>15938522
>We can all see why Rogue One sucked or why the prequels where bad.
Rogue One sucked ? I thought it was pretty fun. Aside from the rushed and weirdly connected last part and not enough character development.
Shit should have been a stand-alone only, or put this into 2-3 movies and allow for proper characterization but I guess they were afraid to put too much money on something that might not have a payback and it was their testing ground for spin-off.
Well, too bad, I think it hindered the movie more than helped but what do I know?
>>
File: embarassment.gif (1.63 MB, 320x240)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB GIF
I think it's about time people had a reminder that the Prequels had:
>convoluted, nonsensical plots
>dead-pan acting performances
>extremely lazy direction
>inappropriate use/overuse of badly-aged CGI
>tensionless, over-choreographed action sequences that are often too visually and audibly noisy
>a seemingly victimless war between clones and robots
>the worst romance chemistry ever filmed
>boring scenes of people giving exposition/political dialogue, usually sitting in a room
>characters we cannot relate to because they behave unlike real people
>a story that everyone knows how it will end

It's ok to like something shitty, Anon. We all have our guilty pleasures.
>>
File: CloneDC15A_swtcwvg.jpg (27 KB, 640x680)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>15943542
Phase one for the Rocketeer fin and very smooth look.
Phase two for the various color patterns and tacticool doodads.
>>
File: 1213435535633636.jpg (134 KB, 773x722)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>15943542

>making me pick

Fuck you, they're both nice for different reasons.
>>
>>15943571
>>literally corvette somehow can generate more torque, force, and energy with its magnitudes of orders smaller mass than a fucking Star Destroyer
A Star Destroyer that had already lost power and was falling (because apparently that's how Star Wars orbital mechanics works) being nudged sideways by a ramship redlining its engines with a sizable lever doesn't seem like that huge of a stretch to me.

The other stuff, sure, though Imperials being arrogant and underreacting has been a thing since the first movie.
>>
>>15943588
Rogue One sucked. It was just a bunch of diversity hires that no one gives a shit about trying to quip their way through the laziest story possible.
>>
>>15943588
I thought the final third was the best part of Rogue One, as you slowly begin to realize the movie is literally the events of the ANH title crawl, and that now the events of ANH are cast in an even more dire light.

Like, the stakes were high at Yavin to begin with, but RO, on top of the gradual retcon push portraying the Alliance as a fractured collection of cells as of late, really drives in how the Alliance was flying by the seat of their pants on this one, and they really earned a spot on the Empire's shit list for scraping away with the plans.
>>
>>15943615
>introduce death planet
>shitty cgi kills 4 planets apparently all within a few thousand miles of each other
>rebels/republic/resistance/etc kill it in 5 minutes of action

What did the Mouse mean by this?
>>
>>15943604
Episode 3 pretty much ended it for me. Or maybe it was that theatrical release of the CGI "Skyguy and Snips" movie. Seeing the threads on /co/ about the Force Tree weirdness and the newer show with the pacifist graffiti artist mando girl and "Bad boy who doesn't play by the rules" Jedi were eye-rolls, but I didn't really have any expectations left to disappoint.
I found myself completely unable to give a shit about Episode VII or Rogue One. The closest I've gotten to being hype about anything Star Wars related in the last ten years is repeatedly watching that one video of Yoda singing about seagulls.
>>
>>15943633
>the newer show with the pacifist graffiti artist mando girl and "Bad boy who doesn't play by the rules" Jedi were eye-rolls
It's still a kids' show, but she definitely shoots people in the centre of mass with regular blasters. The concepts sound really bad (fucking slingshot, seriously?), but the show actually turned out pretty decent.
>>
File: prequel vs sequel.jpg (364 KB, 821x1180)
364 KB
364 KB JPG
>>15939751
Yes, definitely.
Say whatr you want about the prequels being terrible, but at least they tried to do something new with the universe. If I wanted to watch the original trilogy I'd do so, why would I ever do that with characters that actively irritate me like Rey or that other guy or that other gay guy with the leather jacket.
>>
>>15943403
Sure you did, mouthaholic
>>
>>15943543
subpar lighting and pacing killed it
>>
>>15943742
Subpar acting killed it.
>>
>>15943604
>convoluted, nonsensical plots
No
>dead-pan acting performances
No
>extremely lazy direction
How?
>inappropriate use/overuse of badly-aged CGI
CGI is the way of the future, kindly nail tape to your mouth and go into the Mariana trench, trump voter.
>tensionless, over-choreographed action sequences that are often too visually and audibly noisy
No and you just proved you have no functioning brain.
>a seemingly victimless war between clones and robots
That's just your opinion dude.
>the worst romance chemistry ever filmed
You don't watch movies.
>boring scenes of people giving exposition/political dialogue, usually sitting in a room
Nope
>characters we cannot relate to because they behave unlike real people
They behave exactly like real people unless you live in urban America. I've been to rural areas, people talk like that.
>a story that everyone knows how it will end
That is not a bad thing.
>>
>>15943615
>A Star Destroyer that had already lost power
What the fuck does this have to relevance with its mass?
>>
>>15943633
Can I convert your mouth into a toilet like on Deviant Art?
>>15943746
>he thinks acting matters
>>
>>15943756
Here, I'll do anon a better job: the hammerhead is a reverse tugboat.
>>
>>15943761
>he thinks acting doesn't matter
>>15943753
>trump voter
literally what are you talking about, everyone with a working pair of eyeballs can tell the prequels CG has aged horribly
>>
>Star Wars EAfront 2 is terrible
That's about what I expected.
>>
File: 1419459043842.png (6 KB, 358x291)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>15943753
>rural person
That explains it.
>>
>>15943611
Phase One had tacticool and operator styles and colors too. Phase One simply looks better in my opinion than Phase Two even with both have command kamas and armor skirts.
>>15943612
Fair enough.
>>15943604
You don't have to like the Prequels but saying the story line or plot were "convoluted and nonsensical" is absolutely disingenuous and completely untrue. The Senate scene in Episode I hammers to the viewers that the Senate/Republic is corrupted. This is a simple fact. That the Supreme Chancellor, Valorum, is ineffective in curbing corrupt or law-breaking organizations like the Trade Federation and had even allowed the Trade Federation to have its own delegation to the Senate.
>dead-pan acting performance
Hayden and Portman were pretty bad in Episode II with their romance scenes in that sub-plot but no. McGregor, Ian, Frank, Jackson, and most others were fine, this is frankly completely untrue to claim.
>lazy direction
Five bucks says you can't quantify this is at all.
inapproriate use/overuse of badly aged CGI
CGI is CGI. In the early 2000s, Episode I's and II's were the top of the line and people were blown away by them. The only real issue is how much it was over-used in particular in Episode II's final third of the movie was tons of blue-screens. You are meming otherwise.
>tensionless
Subjective bullshit.
>over-choregraphed action sequences
Absolutely untrue.
>visually and aduibly noisy
You are dumb and making shit up.
>victimless war between clones and robots
Not remotely true.
>worst romance chemistry ever filmed
It was bad but hardly the worst ever, my hyperbolic shitposting friend.
>boring scenes of people giving exposition
Barely happened. Do you have ADHD by chance?
>we cannot relate to
>we
You don't speak for anyone, stop projecting.
>a story that everyone knows how it wil lend
Bullshit. I was a 10th grader in high school when RoTS came out and the average normalfag didn't even figure out that Sidious was Palpatine until they watched it.
>>
>>15943770
Clones were fun though. And Maul slaughtering shit is great and the hero rebalance is pretty nice but otherwise I'm disappointed, its not as big a step up as NuFront 1 but seemingly is better optimized. Not happy about the star cards remaining and them making that implemented with the heroes as well or the crafting system to upgrade star cards/equipment for your weapons.
>>
File: 1441333755774.webm (2.49 MB, 640x362)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB WEBM
>>15942942
>>15943540
You shut your whore mouths.
>>
>>15943816
Standard stiff flash animation garbage to be honest. I know /co/ has to scrounge hard to find anything worth a damn, but I'll never get the love they have for that show.
>>
>>15943756
>and was falling
would be the relevant part.
>>
File: 1503870326367.jpg (59 KB, 640x480)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>15943770
The games not even out yet of course the beta is going to fucking suck. Every one is going to bitch about it and play it for 200 hours just like destiny 1. its not perfect but it is definitely more of a step in the right direction than the first one,
>>
>>15943849
No, the meaning of public beta has changed. It used to be a phase where people played an unfinished game and reported bugs to the devs to fix. Now its basically a glorified early access demo for a complete product, and the devs will fix the bugs AFTER launch. EAfront 1 sucked and EAfront 2 looks to be the same but with prequel shit shoved in.
>>
>>15943849
"Beta" doesn't mean anything anymore. It's basically just a lazy way of not needing to finish a proper release version. Instead, you can just run and hide behind "But it's just a beta!" whenever someone says anything bad about it while still raking in money.
>>
>>15943875
How does this make any sense? Besides some balancing the beta wasnt buggy or glitchy at all. How does that mean theyre final product is going to be total shit during release. Have you even actually played at all ? And l

>>15943860
yeah of course battlefront 2 is gonna be similar to the first one because its a fucking sequel
>>
>>15938333
Of course.
>>
>>15943860
So who cares as long as they actually fix the bugs. unless they are really that reatrded and dont od shit about balancing then its going ot be pretty promising
>>
>>15943542

Im gonna go special snowflake and pick Katarn armor
>>
The prequels are a bunch of cool ideas jammed into movies with absolutely awful writing and pacing to justify them happening. Lucas is the ultimate ideas man, but he needs someone else to filter his ideas into something coherent.
>>
>>15943945
these guys were hard /k/ommandos

also i would like to defend hayden's acting. He based it on James Dean playing rebels who are angsty. Just look at clips on youtube
>>
>>15944016
I thought Hayden did fine. The only person whose acting I'd really call into question would be McDiarmid in the second half of Episode 3. He was perfect up until the part where he was wearing a mask all the time, and he just turned into a total ham.
That final scene where Vader is on the operating table was awful, though. Not just for the awkward "NOOOOOOOO" but the whole scene had this "let's get this over with" feel to it. iirc it was the last day of filming and it seems like no one cared how well the scene did or didn't work *except* for spending a stupid amount of money to CGI the position of Vader's hands from up by his head to down by his side. Not even kidding, they filmed that with his arms up when he was on the table and then edited the footage to put his arms down by his side.
>>
>>15943816
Dude I like the Clone Wars micro-series but all of the stuff with the other Jedi that aren't Anakin, Windu, Obi-Wan, or Shaak Ti and Fisto was shit. On top of that Genny apparently doesn't know how lightsabers work since he kept depicating them as fucking baseball bats more then actual swords and some of the shit is downright DBZ tier comical over-inflated power level shit.

The CGI series is better. And even though it starts rough and slow its first 1 to 1.5 seasons, it gets better mid-way in season 2. And you actually give a shit about the Clone Troopers and elite Clone Commandos as much as you do about the Jedi.

>Fives
>Echo
>Rex

Fun fact: Alpha was supposed to be the commander of Anakin's men but Lucas realized he already had to many characters with similar starting names: Anakin, Ashoka, Artoo, etc...
>>
>>15943945
ARCs > Commandos but fair choice. And when I say ARCs I mean Alphas, not the special-snowflake-litearll-marysue-tier-fanfic-OC-garbage Null-ARCs that KT devised.
>>
File: Vader arrives.webm (1.02 MB, 1146x480)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB WEBM
>>
>>15945666

Rogue One's dedication to making the ships look like they did in the classic films is one of its high points for me.
>>
File: DLvAUShUIAASVox.jpg (229 KB, 810x1200)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY
>>
>>15946927

>Luke is the last jedi because Ray converts to the Dark Side

FUCK YES
>>
File: TIME TO GET BETRAYED.jpg (106 KB, 1280x719)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>15946927
>TRAITOR vs. trashtrooper

Fuck everything else, I'm hyped for this
>>
>>15939751
I maintain a single fiber of optimism.
>>
File: Endarconcept.jpg (114 KB, 840x552)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>15945666
Too bad that they can't even come up with new design without ripping off old EU
>>
Did anyone play the beta? The over use of CA really bothered the shit out of me and the fact that Dice/EA didn't at least add a second map for Galactic Assault where the Clones are on offensive kind of sucks.
>>15943837
>falling
>in zero-g
>>
>>15946940
Surprise twist, Last Jedi is a reimagining of Anakin's character arc from the prequel trilogy.

>TFA: OT abridged with franchise callbacks
>TLJ: PT abridged with franchise callbacks
>???: ??? with franchise callbacks
>>
>>15948845

>The Unending Future: EU Abridged with franchise callbacks

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.