[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: q.jpg (66 KB, 452x504)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
It's time to admit that the last third of Unicorn would have been much better if Riddhe had suffered from oxygen deprivation, hi-jacked the Banshee, and gone after Banana in an autistic rage on his own.
>>
Yes, instead he had to ask to become the Banshee's pilot instead, get it upgraded with additional psycoframe, and then gone after Banana in autistic rage

>Stop it Riddhe I don't want to fight you
>>NIGGER YOU'RE HOLDING BACK? YOU'RE NOT EVEN FIGHTING ME WITH 100% KILLING INTENT? FUCK YOU YOU COCKSUCKER I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW I AM BETTER THAN YOU ARE YOU FUCKING FAGGOT
>>
>>15940057
I don't think Banana would have been able to fight a legitimate retard.
>>
File: 1506894826218.jpg (46 KB, 720x960)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>15940075
>the mere idea of AUTISTIC SCREECHING being broadcasted onto the battlefield with psychofields
Opening the box was a mistake, this would be so much better for late UC
>>
BANAGEE
>>
>>15940811
HANGING OUT WITH LITTLE BOYS IN SPANDEX I SEE
>>
>Riddhe had suffered from oxygen deprivation, hi-jacked the Banshee, and gone after Banana in an autistic rage on his own.
Wait, that's not what happened?
>>
>>15940987
He spent some time being angsty, while the Banshee was recovered and upgraded to the Norn spec and weapons package. This was happening while the Sleeves and the Nahel Argama were having their short-lived alliance and subsequent breakup.
>>
>>15941029
He also let them attach a nuke to him in case he failed, like a fucking cuck
>>
It would've been better if Banana's brother got with Marida because he was the only person aside from Zinnerman that loved her.
>>
>>15943025
He wanted it to die historic on the fury road
>>
>>15943064
I thought Alberto loved Riddhe? He was one that was like ENSIGN RIDDHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE when they fired the Colony Laser?
>>
>>15940050

I disagree. What this show needed was a Company Man. You know, some soulless, amoral embodiment of the military-industrial complex, like a corporate assassin.

I say this because everything about the Banshee is retarded. They made the Banshee, a suit as powerful as the Unicorn, and they don't have a fucking pilot for it? More, they stupidly decide to recycle Marida and recondition her as the pilot?

That's dumb, amateur-hour shit. Of course Marida shakes it off, and they lose a billion-dollar Mobile Suit for no reason. All they needed was a single Cyber Newtype pilot dedicated to the Vist foundation, and the show would have ended right there.

I'm not even joking. What's with these fucks handing over priceless, one-of-a-kind Mobile Suits like candy?
>>
>>15943598
They unironically could have used the antagonist of Twilight Axis who pilots the Gundam Tristan for the Buch Concern.
>>
>>15943624

Possibly, but I think it would work better if they had someone who was the embodiment of 'no fun'. Someone like Chigurgh from No Country For Old Men.

The idea is that he'll be showing "Look, if Vist wins, UC Gundam will be like this forever. There'll be no room for hope or optimism, it'll just be operators sent to kill people. It'll be a world where Amuro Ray doesn't get to save Earth in CCA, because the Federation quietly assassinated him after 0079."
>>
>>15943312
Are you forgetting all the scenes with him and Marida. It's why he's the only one that would call her Puru 12.
>>
>>15943868
I distinctly remember Furu Frontal also calling her that. But you're not wrong, if anything i could probably use a rewatch *shudder*
>>
>>15943737
It's depressing how easy it would be to improve Unicorn.
Riddhe himself had so much potential as anti-newtype (beliefs wise).
>>
>>15943598
>Marida shakes it off, and they lose a billion-dollar Mobile Suit for no reason

You must not have actually watched Unicorn then. Marida ditched the Banshee and Riddhe became the pilot. He was technically the company man. The soldier doing his duty to keep shit from getting worse he even said so himself. The problem with giving him the banshee is that nobody expected him to A: Become a newtype also, or B: keep to his agenda of wanting to tap zabi poon.
>>
Would Unicorn's quality improve overall if its epymonous MS didn't look like something made by an edgy teen who just discovered how photoshop and spams every effect like there was no tomorrow?
>>
>>15945439
For comparsion look at how good could banshee be if it just stayed untransformed
>>
>>15945445
I like Destroy mode unironically.
>>
I don't understand the purpose of this character. At first I thought he was supposed to be showing what can go wrong when someone tries to force themselves into a being the hero and the dark path it can take, but in the end he doesn't really have any comeuppance yet doesn't seem to improve as a person ether.
>>
>>15943598
I can't agree more. Everything about the Banshee makes it seem like s surplus prop. They really wanted a recolor/anti-unicorn but couldn't come up with a good way to implement it in the story, so it just feels like an extra. It really did need a devoted pilot character. Making more sense out of it thematically would help too. What the fuck does a 'Banshee' and a 'Norn' have to do with a lion? They are just throwing out random mythological names at this point.
>>
>>15945419
I'm pretty sure his point was that Riddhe did not fill the role well at all. He wasn't a calculating professional, he was one of the more emotionally unstable characters in the show.
>>
>>15945439
>If it's epymonous MS didn't look like something made by an edgy teen

>Posts the Banshee

lowqualitybait.jpg. Destroy mode is a neat effect and you're deluding yourself if you believe gundams from the past didn't have some kind of similar gimmick to push models.
>>
>>15945589
I don't hate on the transformation. It's really cool gimmick but with lights on Banshee norn turns into horrible black and gold Christmas tree. Add green psychoframe and you won't be able to tell if it's even humanoid. They should have toned down on psychoframe, perhaps make it more dim?
Nu Gundam ver ka managed to incorporate pseudo NT-D without looking epileptic.
>>
>>15945439
How do I understand psychoframe colours?
>green=awakened
That's pretty well established. But what's the difference between red, blue and yellow etc? Is there a ranking?
>>
>>15945400
Riddhe is a Jerid, not a Yazan
>>
>>15945439
>supposed to be a lion
>v-fin makes it look like a deer
Splithorns were a mistake
>>
>>15945400
>Venom Riddhe
>Punished Riddhe
>>
>>15945714
>Red and yellow are normal
>Green is #WOKE
>blue crystals is oh shi nigga wtf u doing senpai
>>
>>15945419

That's sort of the point. They use the extremely unstable Marida as the pilot, and that goes wrong. Then they use Riddhe - Why? Why use him, of all people? I mean, they weren't thinking this through.

It's like they have a F-35 standing by, and - instead of having an American pilot - they take a former ISIS member, hastily re-brainwashed, and send him on a highly sensitive mission to retrieve something that's literally priceless. And after that, they grab the nearest soldier and go "See this state-of-the-art machine? Here's the keys, bro. Go wild."

Thematically, the Banshee should be an evil Unicorn. But it never is, not really, and so themes go flying out of the window.
>>
What would have happened to Riddhe if this was a Tomino show?
>>
>>15950402
He would've died in a really stupid way, or end up some sort of outcast
>>
>>15950412

He wasn't a major antagonist, so the second one is unlikely.
>>
Unicorn would've been better if it actually had a good plot and not this full retarded bullshitt that we got.
>>
>>15950402
All his girlfriends would die

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.