[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: age.png (1.8 MB, 747x1000)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB PNG
*** BEFORE YOU POST, FILTER AND DO NOT REPLY TO THE NAME/TRIPFAGS IN THIS LIST TO IMPROVE QUALITY OF LIFE: http://pastebin.com/ePVKFkTn ***

*** INVITES TO THE /m/ DISCORD ARE CURRENTLY TURNED OFF BY ITS MODERATORS. THE r/Gunpla DISCORD IS SERVICEABLE ENOUGH UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. ***

***READ THE GUIDE***

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1Tr8UyF2Xg5Ojqw0sxcO7oIG7IIsJPes3lMO5pHZKu5o

***READ THE GUIDE***

For those new to gunpla/plamo or even just new to this thread; please read the guide. Please read it before asking questions, as there is a chance it has already been answered there.

For those unfamiliar, "plamo" is a shortened form of "plastic model". If it's made of plastic, someone can probably help you here!
If you're new, you're gonna fuck up. Don't worry! If you're experienced, don't make the new people worry!

>Why won't anyone answer my question?
Try being specific, especially about your materials and process. Post pictures whenever possible; even if the kit/part looks bad, you are more likely to get help posting pictures.

>Links
A guide to other types of plamo:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/1vf1aw7v91pz5pa/Airfix%20Model%20World%20Specia%20-By-Step
Kawaguchi Gunpla tips:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJV1h9xQ7Hx-SoCOivVEHNDOl16VWLB3A
Gundam Lineart:
http://seesaawiki.jp/nuriesozai/lite/d/MenuBar1
https://gundma.imgur.com/
Another gunpla guide:
http://funakatown.com/images/Building_Gunpla_Final.pdf

Monthly restock:
http://bandai-hobby.net/site/schedule_images/nouhin.pdf

>IRC Channel
>Server
Rizon
>Channel
#gunpla

Previous Thread: >>16022568
>>
File: heavyarms.png (459 KB, 640x578)
459 KB
459 KB PNG
**RANGED GROUPBUILD**

Build/paint a kit (Gundam/Frame Arms/etc) with a loadout focused on long ranged combat! Sniper Rifles, Artillery Cannons, Missile Launchers, Funnels/Bits, and Miniguns are all fair game. You may also include a back-up melee weapons (Like a combat knife or beam saber) with your build, but it shouldn't overshadow your ranged equipment

More clarification here:
>Any scale and any brand is fair game here, you're not limited to just using Gundam models. The base kit needs to be a robot though (Sorry tankfags)
>You can however kitbash a tank with a Zaku/GM or something and submit that.
>The longer the barrel the better. Your average rifle/machine gun on a stock MS isn't gonna cut it.

Send your entries to gunplaplamo@gmail.com
Start Date: 9/15
End Date: 11/30
>>
File: IMAG1132.jpg (3.13 MB, 3000x4000)
3.13 MB
3.13 MB JPG
Post your next builds already
>>
File: file.png (382 KB, 615x422)
382 KB
382 KB PNG
>>16029753
>>
>>16029755
Why you don't have stuff though, my man?
>>
>>16029761
I'm saving up for an airbrush so I can move on to Star Wars kits.
>>
Fucking my god Bandai, why are they pushing back the restock lists. I got shit preordered on amiami and I need to know pretty damn soon what else is coming this month.
>>
>>16029753
>>
Alright fellas whay do I do next

Double X MG
Dendrobium (1/500th scale)
Finish TV Eva, just some paint apps and waterslides
ZZ Ver. Ka waterslides
MG S Gundam
>>
>>16029776
Double X
>>
>>16029776
The waterslides dude. You should finish a kit before you start a new one.
>>
>>16029776
Finish the Eva first, then do the S Gundam.
>>
>>16029781
That's true. I've just been putting it off. Ironically enough I've just finished building and decaling the MG Full Armor Gundam, the green one that got restocked recently.
>>
File: GUNPLA1894-1.jpg (79 KB, 350x534)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>16029753
I'm kind of wondering if I can make it look decent and how its going to look next to my Wing MGs.
>>
>>16029776
MG Turn X
>>
>>16029776
Double X would be nice.
>>
>>16029768
It's weird as fuck. They had the restock list up on the first, but for some reason they took it down. I managed to save it, but take this with a grain of salt; they probably pulled it because they changed their restock schedule https://my.mixtape.moe/jhrjgn.pdf
>>
>>16029863
>>16029768
Freeing up more time/production lines for PG exia maybe?
>>
File: Primrose box1.jpg (1.72 MB, 1850x1304)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
>>16029227
you'll need a Gaplant Hrarioo, a Hrududu pack and 2 Primrose packs, which are impossible to find now.
>>
>finally dig my shoddy, incredibly poor start to a "groupbuild" out of the box
>missing an important face piece
I give up. I'm worthless trash. I shouldn't even be allowed to build Gunpla. I'm never going to try to do a groupbuild again.
>>
>>16029970
Are you me?

Don't give up, Anon!
>>
>>16029972
I'm never going to find the part, but I don't even care about finding it anymore. It's not like I'd be able to paint it properly even if I did. I'm just going to throw the kit that I was excited to have in the garbage, accept that I wasted time and money and maybe try to find another hobby that doesn't require any degree of skill that I'll never have.
>>
After I paint over a kit, how do I apply panel lining without it getting all over the place and being hard to clean up? Do I top coat after the paint and then panel line? or is there a better way to do this?
>>
>>16029978
Or... you could just try again and take more care not to lose pieces. This hobby is all about trial and error and patience. Maybe you can come up with a replacement? Or worst case try again during the next groupbuild.

Hell, I've fucked up every kit I've made. My last groupbuild's leg snapped off at the knee and I forgot to panel line it because it looked wildly different under my work lamp.

I've been in your shoes, and all I can say is that it comes down to want and perseverance. And bucket loads of antidepressants.
>>
>>16030022
Doesn't help that the paint I am using does not adhere and is basically impossible to get an even, spot free coat with. It literally makes me want to kill myself.
>>
Alright, figured out the issue. It's iridescent paint. Which in layman's terms means it looks absolutely stunning if you view it at the PERFECT angle, and if it's not at the right angle it looks like it's literally not even there (so you can paint it onto a part and not even see it, or you can turn your part a little and all of a sudden the perfectly smooth looking coat is full of patches where the plastic is visible)
I hate paint.
>>
File: naiz.jpg (36 KB, 600x300)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>16029766
>>
File: proto.jpg (664 KB, 1008x756)
664 KB
664 KB JPG
>>16029753
>>
>>16030138
What's actually different to the revive gouf?
>>
>>16030140
I'm not sure, I think the origin design is completely different to the normal revive one? I didn't really look at the other goufs.
>>
>>16030140
>>16030147
One is a prototype, the other a mass production model. They have slight differences in design. Just look it up on dalong.
>>
>>16030140
It looks to actually be closer to the origin zaku kits than the revive gouf.
>>
>>16030140
>>16030149
Revive Gouf is from MSG the anime, you know, the original one from1979? While Origin version is from Origin manga/anime obviously. They're different.
>>
>>16030168
They're both goufs though
>>
>>16029753

Frame arms Durga or White Tiger. I have issues deciding which one to do.
>>
File: 20171114_204949.jpg (505 KB, 1229x935)
505 KB
505 KB JPG
Zeta
>>
>>16030196
>THREE Amuro-use Zetas
Sure, the Limited color version is based off of a game skin, but how many MS did he fucking go through during the Gryps era.
>>
>>16030168
I know, but it doesn't change the fact that the origin version is a prototype design, not the origin version of the original MSG gouf. We actually haven't seen the original MSG gouf redesigned in origin yet. Unlike say the zaku 2 origin design.
>>
>>16030198
Which three are you talking about? I only know of the purple and white one, and the supposed orange and white Zeta Plus A1.
>>
>>16030223
The GFT Karaba, Z3, and Limited Color are all Amuro's
>>
Does anyone build by "set?" Or just by what you like? I feel compelled to finish out a set of kits representing at least the suits in 0079, for example. I know there are many people who only do gunpla for the sake of model building though.

Thankfully, 0080-0083 only added like 9 major suits iirc.
>>
>>16030248
Uh that sounds terrible. I just build/buy whatever I like. I don't care what series or faction it's from. It's a hobby
>>
>>16030248
build whatever I like, which has been only gundams so far

The MG Sazabi ver ka will take my Zeon MS virginity
>>
>>16030248
Build whatever I think looks sexy
However, there have been a few times when I've held off on a kit because I already have a lot of suits in the same colour, and I don't want my shelf to be a sea of white. But once I get heavier into painting that won't be a problem.
>>
So I broke my respirator and now it can only hold one filter. I put tons of masking tape on the broken side to seal it and can't smell anything after testing it. It's not gonna get me killed, right?
>>
>>16030429
do you really wanna take the risk? You spent this much so far
>>
>>16030432
Well I have the money to buy another one but it seems a waste to throw away the mask. I still haven't tried to fix it with superglue,though.
>>
>>16030248
I only build Zetas and variations.
>>
>>16030451
based retardanon
Post your PG Zeta.
>>
>>16030248
I'm currently working on building and painting all the mg's of char's suits if that counts.

Only two left are the Rick Dias and the Sazabi.
>>
>>16030472
>Rick Dias
>>
>>16030248
I do often get logical opposed pairs to pose against each other, like a good guy and a bad guy from the same show if I like both sides. Besides that, no.
>>
>>16030248
Sometimes I build stuff that are thematically similar, e.g. Hyaku Shiki & Dijeh, SD kits from the Unicorn series, the OG White Devil & Red Comet; sometimes I just build whatever that tickles my fancy.
>>
>>16029943
anyone i can find selling hrududu and Primrose packs are selling them at ridiculous prices anyway. Plus i feel bad dumping 50 bucks on a psycho just to rip its arms off
>>
>>16030451
does that include double Zetas?
>>
where do I get those decals that many builders I see use? the ones with the little small circle and some tiny text under neath?
>>
>>16030248
I build them as I go through the series.
>>
>>16030196
The second to the left looks like Starscream, I like it.
>>
File: m162_runner15.jpg (100 KB, 800x563)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>16030777
They are waterslide decals. Some kits come with them, bandai sells official sheets sometimes, plenty of non-bandai companies sell or include them in kits, and samuel decals (his facebook, not his website) is a popular place to order third party ones.

Keep in mind that they are not peel and place stickers and you will need to topcoat.
>>
File: novqueue.jpg (952 KB, 2016x1512)
952 KB
952 KB JPG
>>16029753

Super excited for the GN-X build.
>>
If I want to do a garo inspired paintjob, should I use gold and silver or orange-yellow and bright gray?
>>
File: 20171115_074912.jpg (1.19 MB, 1343x1248)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
>>16030468
I dont understand what that will accomplish.
>>
>>16030623
I've really been pondering, but I dont think I'll include it since It's a Double Zeta, and not a Zeta.

>but Re-GZ

It's still a Zeta by name
>>
>>16029753
This is my build I’ll be starting tonight
>>
>>16031030
Then do you have a ReZEL?
>>
>>16031037
I have one HG ReZel. I need to get some but the RG Zetas + paint schemes I have are top priority.
>>
Is dual wielding sniper rifles a stupid and fun idea or just stupid stupid?
>>
>>16031074
Depends. What kit are you gonna use?
>>
>>16030859
I'm jealous, I really like the GN-X. I even use it as a straight build in Breaker 3, it's great.
>>
File: 20171114_225621.jpg (524 KB, 1872x884)
524 KB
524 KB JPG
>>16031079

I'm just playing around with the latest frame arms kit (Baihu/white tiger) and the modularity that the weapons have. It can dual wield two long-barreled rifles (with or without stocks or scopes) if I want it to.

I'm still not sure if the thing attached to the bottom of the rifle is supposed to be an extra magazine or a grenade launcher.
>>
File: 2.jpg (140 KB, 560x840)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>16031091
I can see it happening.
>>
>>16031074
Stupid for a person, less stupid for mecha.
>>
>>16031074
If you go to the effort to make it look cool with tubes and shit to connect the things to the suit, it'll look good. If you just toss a couple of rifles into a model's hands and say, "Done," then it'll look like trash.
>>
Why do you guys say dragon momoko is good?
>>
File: 20171101_153026.jpg (381 KB, 929x1652)
381 KB
381 KB JPG
>>16031256
They make models of things I want to buy and their plastic quality isn't too bad. They're no Bandai in the quality regard, my DM Akatsuki had a few pieces not molded properly meaning the plane backpack wasn't properly symmetrical and the red on one of the feet had a decent chunk missing out of it, but I've had no issues regarding fittings for the most part or their overall plastic quality.
Really looking forward to putting together the DM Avalanche Exia Dash, it looks like a really crazy build with all the shit it has on it.
>>
anyone tried using krylon top coat for gunpla? Its the cheapest stuff sold in a walmart nearby and the closest hobby shop to me is an hour away, would it be a good alternative?
>>
>>16031290
the spray paint? I dont see why not. buy a cheap gunpla and test it out
>>
File: 1.jpg (29 KB, 429x505)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>16029719
does anyone know what zaku kits, regardless of scale, comes with the top gun in pic related?
Almost every zaku variant besides the HGUC zaku F2 comes with guns similar to that of the bottom one, those just looks like pipes and beams crudely welded together.
>>
>>16031432
I think the HG Zudah comes with it?
>>
>>16031022

Z E T A B O Y S
>>
File: h65_24.jpg (55 KB, 430x450)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>16031443
not the case unfortunately
>>
>>16031432
It's no Zaku, but the original HGUC Gouf comes with one.
>>
>>16031256

For a third party/bootleg company - their plastic quality isn't too bad (note: I did not say good) and relatively cheap compared to actual Bandai/P-Bandai releases.

Not to mention they actually put out kits that Bandai seemingly doesn't want to put out.

I built the DM Sword Strike and it's probably going to be my last DM kit for a very long time - while the plastic isn't bad it's not exactly good either especially with the more delicate features like MG 2.0 hands and the like.
>>
>>16031455
ah, sorry
>>
>>16031432
Bandai builders parts system weapons 001. Also has parts for a beam gattling gun and options for both
>>
>>16031462
neat, never thought a gouf kit would come with rifles
>>16031499
thanks
>>
>>16031531
the HGUC zaku II f2 has that different Zaku machine gun too
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10106697

the older builder parts system weapons are out of production and you can only find them for scalper prices, usually as much as a goddamn MG price.
>>
File: front.jpg (3.74 MB, 2820x2820)
3.74 MB
3.74 MB JPG
Going to Japan in a few days, any suggestions for good places to shop at?
>>
>>16031573
Akihabara
>>
>>16031432
Just the F2 as far as I'm aware
>>
>>16031573

Yodobashi Camera, Bic Camera, yamada denki, Tamtam, Yellowsubmarine (if its not just a TCG outlet). The yellow submarine in Akihabara Radio Kaikan is also cool because you can just buy loose runners people have traded in from kits that they didn’t use in a kitbash. If you are just looking for parts from runners but don’t want a whole kit it’s nice but slightly pricy.

Also the airplane model store on the 5th (or 6th?) floors music is just the Ace combat zero ost.

Before people just say akiba i’ll warn you though be wary of some prices in Akihabara.

Akiba within the past few years has really filled up with gaijin. Shops know this and jack up the price of shit all over the place. While you can find crazy deals (like my formula 1 kit from xenoblade X i found for ¥3000 less than everywhere else) you also will find shit jacked up too.

If I was gonna rank them.
1. Yodobashi (resonable price, big selection)
2. Bic camera (cheaper than yodobashi by a bit but selection is limited)
3. Yamada denki (cheapest but limited slection)
4. Tamtam (cheap, few stores, limited selection)
5. Yellowsubmarine (Akihabara shop. Huge as fuck selection, prices are slightly higher)

If anybody else in tokyo/kanagawa area has a good shop they frequent tell me.
>>
>>16031573
when i went in july i found a really nice store in ikebukuro around sunshine city by typing "gundam" into google maps around there. really cheap prices and really nice displays.

Diver city is really overrated and has the highest prices i've seen in japan

>>16031609
is right that yodabashi has the best prices. i got dantellion on release almost missing my plane back home for 200 yen below box price.
>>
File: IMAG1135.jpg (2.55 MB, 3000x4000)
2.55 MB
2.55 MB JPG
That feeling when you're not gonna be done in time for mono eye Monday
>>
>>16031678
Wait nm it's like tuesday now, I'll be done by monday for sure
>>
Paint -> gloss coat -> decals & panel lining -> flat coat

Is this correct?
>>
>>16031721
Forgot hotglue but otherwise good list
>>
When does Bandai restock their spare runners? I've got some broken parts on my Space Battleship Yamato model but they're out of stock.
>>
File: Parts Paradise.png (1.67 MB, 735x980)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB PNG
>>16031609
You missed a few locations in Akihabara, but considering that there's tons of places to find things, that's not hard.
- The AmiAmi store in the Radio Kaikan building has a selection of model kits, including Gunpla, Frame Arms, and FA:G.
- Volks Hobby Paradise has a whole ton of things across many categories. They're not always the cheapest, but sometimes you can find things that other places don't have.
- Check out Liberty and Traders. They specialize in second hand goods and there's a lot of treasure hunting that can be done. There are multiple locations all across Akiba.
- Check out the Akiba Cultures Zone building, especially Lashinbang.

>The yellow submarine in Akihabara Radio Kaikan is also cool because you can just buy loose runners people have traded in from kits that they didn’t use in a kitbash. If you are just looking for parts from runners but don’t want a whole kit it’s nice but slightly pricy.

There's a bit of perspective here. Yes, if you were to buy a whole kit's worth of parts from Yellow Submarine Parts Paradise, you'd be paying quite a bit more than a full kit. However, you could also see it as paying less than a full kit just to get the parts you want.

>>16031659
>Diver city is really overrated and has the highest prices i've seen in japan

The Gundam Base at Diversity is a store run by Bandai. Because of this, they have a huge selection of Gundam kits, but it's all at full MSRP prices.

Other things to note:
There are a number of stores that offer tax free sales if you make a purchase of a certain amount (usually over 5000yen) and show your passport. Each store has their own ruling, so be wary. For example:
- Volks has to be all done on the same purchase. If you want a tax free sale for items across multiple floors, you'll have to inform the staff.
- At Akiba Mandarake, you buy the items including tax on the different floors, and there's a tax adjustment station at ground floor.
>>
>>16031919
Oh, and one more thing about prices. If you have the time, take price notes between stores and shop around. There are always sales.

For example, in my recent trip, AmiAmi had lower prices than Yodobashi for FA:G.
>>
>>16031573
I would heavily advise to make sure you have extra room to make sure you're actually able to take them back with you. I heard some fag on /v/ bought a shitton of retro video game shit and wasn't able to bring them back without paying out an extra 100 dollars per bag, or mailing to himself, which is like 50 per box.
>>
File: 20171115_000327.jpg (3.76 MB, 3024x4032)
3.76 MB
3.76 MB JPG
Figure I try to stop lurking so much.

I hope we get a master grade zaku 2 origins someday
>>
>>16031941
Pinhead looks really good if you put some work in. I originally got it to be my first MG, but after seeing shit like this, I can't not paint it really nice now.
>>
File: 20171114_235928.jpg (3.81 MB, 3024x4032)
3.81 MB
3.81 MB JPG
>>16031961
Agreed, I haven't done any line scribing yet myself but this kit begs for some colour variety.
>>
>>16031919

Yeah I knew there was places I had missed in Akiba. But typically they don’t have anything any cheaper than anywhere else so I neglected to mention them.

I assume if you’re going on a trip to Japan and specifically Akiba you would shop around. It’s definately good advice to keep a list of prices you have seen and then go back for cheaper stuff you want.

And yeah make sure you have space to bring this shit back. Don’t buy a shitload of stuff you can’t get home.

That being said at this point I isually just go to yodobashi to get stuff and check out other stores if i want something more obscure.
>>
>>16031919

Theres an AmiAmi in radiokaikan now? I haven’t been to Akiba in a few months. Did they move from thier own shop down from near mandarake or did they just open a completely new shop?
>>
>>16031728
Where do you fit gluing in?
>>
>>16031941
Did you use black or gray to panel line the white pieces?
>>
File: demonbanewip3.jpg (291 KB, 960x1707)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
3 days of spare time, done 2 arms, still havent finished the legs. Had to already mod a few things to get them to fit.
>>
>>16031032
a man of good tastes
>>
>>16031588
>this
both of the MG kits and the HGUC f2
>>
File: aczd.png (1.29 MB, 1198x755)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB PNG
>>16029753
>>
Which one is better for seam welding? The regular thick cement or the extra thin one?
>>
File: Capture163.png (662 KB, 1883x906)
662 KB
662 KB PNG
What do you guys use to sort/hold your runners i just snagged one of this b4 it got discontinued on HLJ
>>
>>16032095
I don't. I just have them stacked in a pile. They're all labeled so there's no need to sort them out.
>>
File: tol-5795.jpg (18 KB, 400x240)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>16032089

theyre exacly the same for filling holes, both shrink back a little, for anything serious, use putty. And buy a cerafinisher for seams. Thank me later.
>>
>>16032100
What does that do?
>>
>>16031588
The Zaku F2000 also comes with it, since it's based off the F2. And apparently the RG Ridden Zaku comes with a really nice multi-tone version of it.
>>
Anyone in NYC/Manhattan or Queens that can recommend gunpla stockists/shops?

I only really go to Dashop on Elizabeth but its becoming a pain to swing by.
>>
File: ms06s.jpg (165 KB, 950x788)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>16031941

MG Char's Zaku II The Origin fucking when dammit!
>>
>>16032146
Why is everyone so crazy over the origin designs?
>>
>>16032151
They do a good jos of updating the orignal MSG designs, IMO.

The 0079 MS the really needs a new master grade it the Dom. It's MG's from 1999.
>>
>>16032162
Well there's always the hg origin dom test type.
>>
File: 20171114_1480514.jpg (278 KB, 800x600)
278 KB
278 KB JPG
>>16032109
While I do love RGs, that is just the standard zaku machine gun, not the F2 one.
Next RG reveal when?
>>
>>16032175
>Next RG reveal when?
Please be a gelgoog, please.
>>
>>16032068
I used grey line market on the white, my grey line fluid was coming out too light and I wasn't a fan of how it looked.
>>
>>16031022
You have a Starscream Zeta too, right? Still have him?

Meanwhile, I've decided on my duo at work, but I'm going to be taking the MkII back home so I can paint it up nice.
I've got the HD colour MkII arriving tomorrow, so I'll be displaying that with my other grades instead of this one.
>>
>>16032175
>>16032215
I think that Bandai will probably be selling the rest of the High-Mobility Zaku variants, the Black Tri-Stars and Shin Matsunaga types. Other than that, we can probably expect them in January, probably a Nu Gundam or Sazabi RG since the 30th anniversary is in March.
>>
What is objectively the best Perfect Grade and why is it the Millennium Falcon?
>>
>>16032290
As long as it isn't another gundam. RG line is full of gundams already.
>release RG char's zaku
>release RG char's z'gok
>no RG char's gelgoog
>release RG johnny ridden's high mobility zaku instead
Bandai please.
>>
>>16032299
How about some more RG Grunt suits? I'm thumbing through and from what I can see we don't even have a RG GM. Considering the deluge of GMs this year, why not a RG GM?
>>
File: rgneverr.jpg (456 KB, 2007x1117)
456 KB
456 KB JPG
>>16032290
You forgot the blue Zakus
>>
>>16032303
>>16032307
Yea an RG GM would be nice. I want an RG ground GM but since they just released a HGUC version, I doubt we'll ever see an RG.
>>
>>16032103
its a Cerafinisher, a ceramic scalpel.
>>
File: Build_Burning_Gundam (2).jpg (2.97 MB, 2852x2662)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB JPG
>>16031609
>>16031659
>>16031919

Thanks for the recommendations!
>>
>>16032086
Solid taste.
>>
>>16031022
what Zeta kit is that to the right of the MG Amuro one? it looks more detailed than the Zeta 2.0.
>>
>>16032307
I want that RG RGM and RX-79[g].

Speaking of grunt suits, what are the best 1/144 grunt kits around? I'm looking at picking up the Ground GM.
>>
>>16032143
Other than Gundam Planet across the bridge or Barnes & Noble, it seems like New York is shit for that
>>
Am I just stuck ordering this shit off Amazon? I checked my local hobby store and they didn't have anything Gunpla.
Also, I really want to start out with a Red Astray, are the MG models that difficult?
>>
>>16032451
dude.....
>>
>>16032451
http://www.amiami.com/
>>
File: 61BFaFwh8aL._SL1500_.jpg (128 KB, 1500x1199)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>16032452
Anyone have any idea of a good kit to start with? I was hoping to get some practice in and get the general feel of building Gunpla down before moving onto the Kimaris line of kits - which I don't want to fuck up on as my first.
>>
>>16032466
>Anyone have any idea of a good kit to start with?
>>16029719
>***READ THE GUIDE***

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1Tr8UyF2Xg5Ojqw0sxcO7oIG7IIsJPes3lMO5pHZKu5o
>>
>>16032466
>don't want to fuck up Kimaris
Lol it's a dirt cheap IBO kit.
Also to spoil your expectations- it looks NOTHING like that out of the box. All the images you see are bull-shots with fully airbrushed, professionally painted kits.
>>
>>16032146
actually the MG. 2.0 its basically the same , except for the chest vulcans and the thrusters, the mg has better looking thursters IMHO , and the weapons , other than that and the panel linning theres not real need for a new mg
>>
>>16032466
just get any grunt suit from ibo to practice nub removal and such, with a little love any IBO kit can look awesome
>>
File: IMAG1138.jpg (2.88 MB, 3000x4000)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB JPG
I think this will be the first kit I really put some love into, Gouf is my favorite suit. I'm off to disassemble this thing, segment it, and watch nub removal/painting tutorials
>>
>>16032095
I have one of these and I stopped using it because there was often too many runners to fit on the stand and the runners had a tendency of snagging others or knocking the whole pile over and making a mess.

Nowadays I just keep them in the box on my lap as I build. It takes longer, but I'm not in a rush.
>>
>>16032512
It's fine as is, no need to put effort into it.
>>
FInished my first RG. It was ok.
>>
>>16032570
I used about 6 shades of blue so it’s a shame it’s so hard to tell.
>>
>>16032574
Great job on the paint, but you really really should have bought some waterslides, the regular RG stickers are pretty terrible.
>>
>>16032574
The way they did he mono eye is absolutely awesome. I wish more kits did it. (High quality sticker on part, capped with a clear piece)
>>
>>16032095
I have one being shipped currently.

Also it's most likely not discontinued. It just released.
>>
>>16032577
Yeah I know. I had a ton come in today. I doubt I’ll ever use those again.

I also feel like I might be painting and/or gloss/matte coating too thick. It’s really hard to tell for me when to stop or what to aim for.
>>
>>16032578
>getthefuckout.jpg
>>
>>16032574
>>16032577
Are those sticker outlines so obvious because of the top coat? Would waterslides also show outlines after the top coat?
>>
>>16032617

They would be significantly less noticeable.
>>
>>16029993
Yeah gloss varnish after paint, then panel line, decals, and a matte coat.
>>
Anything similar to the Tamiya side cutters but cheaper?
>>
>>16032698
The cheap route to branded cutters is regular wire cutters+whittling with a knife +sanding.

Branded side cutters you paying for the harder steel and the precision grinding need to make the cutting edges sharp and flush.
>>
File: 20150324_150142-1.jpg (635 KB, 1048x1152)
635 KB
635 KB JPG
Side cutters, not regular wire cutters. Wire cutters absolutely suck for clipping out parts as the just chew up the plastic more than cut it. Even nail clippers do a better job and you can pick those up for under $1.

If you absolutely must have some sort of super budget cutter that isn't nail clippers though pic related can be found at harbor freight.
>>
>>16032698
I highly recommend Wave's God Hand clone. 1/3rd the price for 99% of the utility.

https://hlj.com/product/WAVHT-389
>>
Are Hygoggs cool?
>>
>>16032476
Oh thought you were gonna say it was just CGI

I was gonna airbrush that kit (not OP)
>>
>>16032570
>>16032574
>>16032578
I can't stress enough, this looks REALLY good, but in the future, unless you plan on using waterslides, you really need to cut away the excess clear around those decals.
>>
would using magnets be better than drilling holes into my gunpla for pegs to make hardpoints?
>>
>>16032887
As long as you have decent magnets, yeah. I did that with the hardpoints on 2 of my HG Crossbones.
>>
>>16032617
If you did them right, waterslides outlines dissappear with a flat coat and they end up looking painted on.
>>
Can all kits benefit from custom paint?
>>
>>16032821
But of course anon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZULhqmhv3o
>>
>>16033009
Basically every kit benefits from paint because it makes it look less like cheap plastic.
>>
>>16033038
I figured, I really just wanted an excuse to post that guy's GM
>>
It really annoys me that p-bandai mgs don't come with waterslides since I have an extreme prejudice against stickers.
>>
>>16032821
>>16033036
Z'gok E is cooler. Revive version when?
>>
>>16033101
Z'gok E is a jobber. Plus the redesign doesn't turn a clown-ugly suit into a sexy aquatic monster.
>>
File: IMAG1139.jpg (2.71 MB, 3000x4000)
2.71 MB
2.71 MB JPG
>tfw you finally have kits that you can pose together
Nice
>>
File: cba7e16d.jpg (110 KB, 850x461)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>16033119
Hygogg isn't a redesign though, it's original setting was a completely new machine with a different model number like the Action Zaku rather than a variant. It's more proto-Capool than upgraded Gogg.
>>
>>16033094
Is this bait?

Am I being rused?
>>
File: nornpost24.jpg (509 KB, 1253x1081)
509 KB
509 KB JPG
There's no way to get the Armed Armor XC outside of just buying a Norn kit is there?
>>
>>16033205
Some do some don't.
>>
File: 2249.jpg (56 KB, 770x578)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>16033101
That's like. Your opinion man.
I personally prefer noodle arms.
>>
>>16032245
Behind White Unicorn

>>16032438
Daban 2.0
>>
I know they're probably better, but about HOW much better are godhands compared to the 10 dollar nippers in the guide? Are they worth the cash?
>>
>>16033246
Snapbuilder? Yes. The money you would otherwise spend on sandpaper and popsicle sticks can be used towards one.

Knifey/Sandy? Not really. It makes sanding the nubs easier, but not 40 dollars better.
>>
>>16033258
Thanks for the input. I normally use a file and if I really feel compelled to sand it after that. God knows I can't use an xacto on this.
>>
>>16032885
Yeah, I had never done anything with decals/stickers/anything before other than a MG exia which was mostly dry-transfers.

Thanks man.

>>16033101
zgok E is so fucking good, I cant wait to do mine, but I also got hygogg in the mail today, so
>>
Any Bay Area fags around here ever go to Gundam Labs Hobby in Hayward? Was gonna check it out but if the prices are bad then I'll pass
>>
>>16033278
I love the z'gok E but the articulation is such fucking shit. I want a revive bandai.
>>
>>16032100
Agreed on that, it's a wonderful tool.
>>
>>16033414
>Revive or update HG
>for a 0080 Failure in the Pocket kit
I'm sorry, Anon. I love the designs too, but Japan hated 0080 and thus it gets no love.
>>
>>16032100
>And buy a cerafinisher for seams. Thank me later.
Explain.
>>
>>16033427
>Japan hated 0080 and thus it gets no love.

[citation needed]
>>
>>16031432
You can buy the System Weapon kit with it. It's CUSTOMIZABLE, but unfortunately it's pretty expensive for what you get and it's shame if you were going to repaint it, since they already come with nice WARNING-style white text decals already applied.
>>
>>16033429
Show me some new Zaku II Kais or Hygoggs or Z'Gok-Es or Kampfers, Anon.

The Rick Dom II is the only one that gets away simply because it's ridiculously similar to normal Doms/Rick Doms.

Albeit, the Kampfer got a little bit of love temporarily in GBF, but it was just the old kit with some added parts.
>>
>>16033435
Every thing from 0080 has a HGUC already and there have been 3 MGs from 0080 within a year.

No new kits from 0083, I guess Japan hates that too? Well GM Ground Type got a HGUC so 08th MS Team is Japans favorite right?
>>
>>16033458
>No new kits from 0083, I guess Japan hates that too?
Seeing as how the last 0083 retail kit was 2 years ago with the RE GP-04, and before that the RG GP-01/Z in 2013, I'm inclined to say yes.
>>
https://hlj.com/product/WAVHT-431/Sup

Anyone have this? I want to buy this but I don't know where I could get parts for it
>>
>>16033458
Issue is that GP01 exists in every grade while Alex gets dicked constantly to the point that it hasn't had a new kit since 2004 and I don't think Bandai has released any figure of it that can bend its limbs past like 80deg. Despite being of a similar age some of the other 0080 kits are really bad too, Gelgoog J looks like shit and both it and Guncannon D can barely bend their legs. They're no more likely to get a remake than Zaku III though. Kind of a piss off there's no MG Zaku Kai too considering Zaku I, R-1, R-2, F2, and Hizack got ones and it's the actual main character unit of the show.

Bugs me less than never getting a goddamn Gottrlatan of any kind though.
>>
File: 10480440p.jpg (250 KB, 1200x757)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
>holy fuck, these 00 BF designs
>both this and the Cherudim Saga lose in the animation
>Reversable didn't even Trans Am
>>
>>16033528
They're shitty recolours, why wouldn't they job
>>
>>16033530
Because the Zaku wasn't even a recolor and the reversible has a different cannon formation.
>>
>>16033526
All the 90's OVAs aren't the fan favorite cash cows they used to be. Unicorn took that role.
>>
>>16033458
Of course. Japan hates every series you want kits from because anon said so. That's why you're never getting what you want.
>>
>>16033612
:(
>>
>>16033612
>implying it isn't the truth
>>
>>16032162
I was actually just thinking about how much I like the Dom, and how all the 1/100th kits are nearly 15-20 years old
>>
>>16033177
Your Gouf's head power pipes are upside down.

t. A triggered Anon.
>>
Dragon momoko is officially kill
>>
Does supporting the Sniper Rifle with the shield when shooting make sense, or should I mod another handle on it somewhere so it could just hold it as such. Not sure how to make one of those secondary handles.
>>
>>16033648
their factories got raided
>>
>>16033651
>>
>>16033612
Can they stop hating Advance of Zeta cause I'd like some more AoZ kits.
Thanks.
>>
>>16033651
Isn't DM in China?

>DM
>Not fucking Daban
The wrong kid died.
>>
>>16033648
>>16033651
>>16033653
Jesus fucking christ, wasn't one raid enough?
>>
>>16033648
meanwhile, Daban announces a new red astray kit
>>
>>16033659
>>
File: 123e324r43qr43qr.jpg (102 KB, 577x866)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>16033659
>>
>>16033435
>>16033476
>Mere 2 years ago is already distant memory now
Please don't treat plastic models like your electronic gadgets with planned obsolesce that need yearly refresh or upgrade. A decade or so between new molds is normal in modelling world, especially for less popular design.
While I'm glad Bandai did the Revive line, I hate how it gives some people misleading expectation.
>>
>>16033648
That sucks, but it's not THAT surprising. Maybe if they stuck to kits that Bandai hasn't, and probably won't, make, it wouldn't have happened. I actually wanted to pick up one of their Testament kits.
>>
>>16033648
Fuck. I'm never going to own an Outframe kit now.
>>
>>16033648
>3rd parties would make kits that bandai wouldn't and even better versions of other kits
>gets SHUT DOWN
>bandai will continue to ignore cool MSV designs for new AU or the 300th 00/seed/wing/mainstream UC kit
>>
>>16033695
fuck off, chang
>>
>>16033695
Corner the market, release P-Bandai.
>>
>>16033177
>snap-shit detected
>>
>>16033644
That head is such a pain to take apart. I'll fix it when I'm soberer
>>
>>16033653
>>16033651
>>16033648
I cant read ching chong what happened?
>>
>>16033725
DM is kill.
>>
>>16033716
>progress picture = snap built
I mean it's fully assembled but lots of people finish the kit, collect paint and coats and then disassemble into sub assemblies for more work. I don't even see panel lines
>>
>>16033726
oh thanks i didnt fucking grasp that

Just want to know exactly went down
>>
>>16033716
>People can't play with the toys that they buy asshole detected

I've moved on from snapbuilding but holy shit dude get off your high horse.
>>
>>16033736
I was making a joke about Snapfit-kun new fag
>>
>>16033740
The anon who responded to you seems to have perfectly understood your joke, and disapproves of it. Perhaps it is you who does not understand him?
>>
>>16033746
Or perhaps it is you who does not understand me??///////??????
>>
>>16033651
The major loss is the Exia RIII and the strikes.
>>
>>16033676
no it would help if they didn't have some reddit retard claiming "oh we pay Bandai" when what they really meant was that they were bribing someone. So of course they're going to check internally to find out who the mole is and then follow him.
>>
>>16033695
They also made kits that bandai does make though.
>>
File: PicsArt_11-16-01.23.48.jpg (123 KB, 1024x768)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
Last project unfinished. In middle of HGUC Zaku II from 2003. Mildly shitty kit but serviceable.
>>
Sunrise Group Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Bandai Namco Group and Bandai Corporation (headquartered in Taito, Tokyo), chairman and President Kawaguchi removed the counterfeit Gundam model brand "Dragon Momoko" in Shantou, Guangdong Province, China for the massive manufacture and sale of copyright infringement. A criminal complaint to the police was filed to pursue the the parties involved. Shanghai Public Security accept the case, Bureau Fengxian Branch investigated and dealt with "Longpezi's production plant" in September 2017, seized molds and a large amount of model counterfeit goods and detained the person in charge of the plant and transferred it to Shanggou City Fengxian District People's Compound. During Dragon Momoko factory investigation at the same time, the police discovered two large Taobao shops were also involved. In recent years, China and other countries have found a large number of counterfeit goods in circulation in the market. These products from the packaging design to the actual product are copied from Bandai product. We are very grateful to the Chinese police for their positive response and assistance to this charge. We will continue to cooperate with their judiciary system, including the prosecution, in accordance with Chinese laws in the ensuing process. At the same time, in order to provide consumers with better products, better service, maintenance and enhancement of brand image, we will continue to devote ourselves to intellectual property protection in the future and urge consumers and formal sales of businesses to guard against counterfeit goods. Civil, criminal and other legal measures will continue to be adopted to crack down on intellectual property infringement.

Bandai Co., Ltd. Bandai 2017 November 16
>>
>>16033822
Alright, now how about going after Daban?
>>
>>16033822
So they're basically saying that the 3rd parties are fucked. Doesn't matter if they make kits that Bandai isn't making, they're fair game.
>>
>>16031919
Yeah, I bought the sword and Launcher equipment for about ¥3600 to make my ver RM strike a perfect strike, but I didn't want another 2002 ver strike since I already had the RM, noir, iswp and 2 DM strikes, so I really didn't save any money, but Alsop didn't have to deal with an extra kit I didn't want
>>
>>16033648
>>16033651
>>16033653
>>16033822
Every day we stray further from God's light.
>>
>>16033837
>implying this is a bad thing
>>
>>16033822
>>16033829
I think DM's mistake was cranking out kits of Bandai's high-end line i.e. Metal Builds. Daban's more prolific with outright rip-offs.
>>
Rather than make a thread about it, I'll just drop this here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZQfVhbdxFw
Skai's uploaded Thunderbolt S2's OST.
>>
>>16033854
>make kits that have deviations from the real thing and look unique
>gets whacked
>make kits that are basically 1:1 but shittier quality
>stays alive
>>
So I've been wanting to get into scratch building and the like.

Are there any brands/recommendations on certain styrene sheets?

I'll mostly be focused on 1/144 scale shit so what kind of thickness should I be aware of?
>>
>>16033854

cough cough
>>
>>16033854
>>16033904
>Daban
>>
>>16033648
>>16033651
>>16033653
Thank goodness.
>>
Cheers for the Exceed heads, Richigo. They look great.
The Nu base looks amazing too but I'm keeping that reveal for when my MG's all spruced up to match.
>>
>>16033695
chig chong chang chingy chongy chang chang you slant eyed slimy chink.
>>
>>16033932
These always look like they're surprisingly big. For like $25 I should order a box of them, not that I could do them justice.
Wonder if they'll come out with more than just the Zaku.
>>
>>16033937
At an expo (maybe was it WonFes?) they announced Exceed Gundam heads. I'm pretty excited for those.
>>
>>16033941
Neat, the EXCEED line is actually pretty new (this year) so I suppose it makes sense we haven't gotten anything else yet.
I'll probably still pick up a Zaku head or two, I don't really love the Zaku but the head alone is neat.
>>
>>16033946
Was just thinking the same, since I never really knew where to buy them individually without getting gypped. Looks like they're getting restocked in February, so I'm just going to leave preorder it for the private warehouse and forget about it.
>>
>>16030859
>ghost jegan f
You sir are a man of wealth and taste
>>
>>16032414
they are gonna be my first two airbrushed kits as well
>>
>>16033854

They got hanate'd for trying to tip over the balance.
>>
>>16034026
>Dragon Momoko will never get to reach the point where they started designing completely unique, non-IP infringing mecha and become a Kotobukiya-like entity.
Worst timeline
>>
>>16033831
>We produce illicit model kits based on properties we don't have the rights to and sell them
Yeah, no. Fuck the 3rd parties.
>>
>>16034029
>Implying those chinks can do anything without Bandai’s frames
>>
File: 1510233944288.png (285 KB, 640x360)
285 KB
285 KB PNG
>>16033822
>DM PG Unicorn shipped today
>This happens
Shit, glad I ordered it before all the websites and third parties start driving all of the prices up skyhigh for DM kits.
It's a shame DM went, they made some nice stuff.

That third party group who did the GaoGaiGar kit better get around to doing a Goldymarg before they get sued to death too.
>>
>>16034029
If they did that in the first place they wouldn't be in this place now, would they?
>>
File: IMG_20160224_003853.jpg (394 KB, 3328x1872)
394 KB
394 KB JPG
>>16033822
Good night sweet prince.
Post some DM kits you've built.
Recently got done with DM Unicorn and have the Exia Repairs in backlog.
>>
>>16034073
>>
Is the MG Gundam TR-1 Hazel worth it?

actually found a local that gets p-bandai
>>
So I found out that Tamiya has its own special cement for ABS plastic. Does this means regular cement doesn't work at all on ABS?
>>
So I've got a MG Sinanju (OVA ver.) coming my way. What am I in for?
>>
>>16034104
Do you like the design? If yes, then it is.
>>
>>16034122
fark ill get it
>>
>>16034112
Correct.
>>
File: MG Tallgeese I.jpg (888 KB, 1058x1411)
888 KB
888 KB JPG
>>16034073
>>
Do you guys bother seam welding if you're going to paint the whole kit?
>>
>>16034140
On old kits ie when it's a fucking must unless you want grand canyon down the leg/arm
>>
>>16034125
Further about ABS plastic, Bandai warned to not paint them. But this model I build now (HGUC Gelgoog MP/cannon) has its beam rifle entirely made out of ABS. I hand brush with enamel, so will enamel paint/thinner ruin the plastic, or will they even stick at all with the plastic?
>>16034140
Is it even possible to weld the seam so clean you don't need to paint over them?
>>
>>16034151
>prime lacquer thin layer, light, no pooling
>prime full layer, no pooling
>let cure (NOT JUST dry)
>paint whatever the fuck you want on top
>???
>profit

I thought basic shit like this was common sense in gunpla general not 6 months ago. What the fuck happened. Anyway, anon, test on some spare runner of said plastic if you're scared before you do anything and you will be fine. Good luck.
>>
>>16034151
Did you not prime before painting?
>>
>>16034156

Would you do the same before painting ABS with heavy/wet layers of gloss lacquer paint or is the ABS-lacquer scare a meme?
>>
>>16034174
Anything lacquer paint on palstic is to be aware of.

That said that doesn't mean NO NO DON'T DO IT. It just means apply thinly and carefully and know your steps and paint kinds/reactions. Test before you do. Boom, you won't be "scared" any more.
>>
I hate Liquitex so much. That's it. This is the last time I ever try to paint a kit. This paint is so fucking awful it has completely, utterly destroyed any and all will I will ever possess in my entire lifetime to paint.
>>
>>16034181
Why would you use artist acrylics for Gunpla, you idiot?
>>
>>16034181
>>16029719
>***READ THE GUIDE***
>>
>>16033822
Sounds like Bandai has a fuck ton of money to pay for the cops.
>>
Speaking of lacquer on plastic, what about mr super clear matt on bare plastic? First time top coating so I just wanna make sure I don't mess up.
I want to top coat my RG without painting, both the inner frame and the outer armor pieces but will the lacquer top coat do much damage to the plastic, especially the inner frame since it's ABS?
I plan on going through in this order,
>thin first layer on inner frame and individual outer armor pieces
>let dry for 1/2 hours
>second layer
>let dry for another 1/2 hours
>assembly
Is this the right way to go about it? Do I need to wait for the second layer to fully cure before assembly, or just waiting 1/2 hours for it to dry would be enough?
>>
File: 1509867421301.png (59 KB, 645x729)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>16034215
Jesus fucking christ I am so sick of seeing this fucking post. What a vapid, retarded, meaningless fucking thing for a braindead moron to post. "Read the Guide"
The Guide contains literally fucking nothing. There is not a single tidbit of remotely fucking useful info in the guide.
I actually doubt you can even be considered human; this is probably a pretty accurate representation of you.
>>
>>16034238
t. hasn't read the guide
>>
>>16034238
How your tumblr, Snapshit?
>>
File: 1508501307372.png (234 KB, 426x358)
234 KB
234 KB PNG
>>16034238
>>
>>16034221
>multinational conglomerate with approx 30 subsidiary companies

uh no shit they have a ton of money
>>
Wow the snapshit IDF is really out in full force today.
>>
>>16033822
Source or you're full of shit
>>
>>16034286
Literally scroll up you in denial fag, it's all over. Gunpla died today.
>>16033648
>>
>>16034306
>Gunpla died today.
>Because a single illegal third party company got shut down but another company protecting its IP.

I always find it funny how /m/ calls bandai crap and makes them out to be some sort of devil, yet they make some of the overall nicest model kits around and the same people complaining still buy up Bandai kits anyways.
>>
>>16034336
Dragon Momoko made higher quality kits and were well on their way to overtaking and replacing (P-)Bandai but of course we can't have nice things so have some more webshop releases and maybe one retail release if you're a good goy.
>>
File: IMG_3173.jpg (94 KB, 740x592)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
Anyone have any experience with irradecent paint? Because the shit I'm looking at is rad as fuck and I'd like to try it.
>>
>>16034346
>that seam line down the middle of the gun
>>
>>16034350
It's triggering me, too, but it's overall good so I don't know how to feel.
>>
>>16034341
>overtaking and replacing Bandai
You're one stupid motherfucker, you know that?
>>
File: 001.jpg (1.67 MB, 3120x4160)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB JPG
Package from amiami just arrived.
>>
File: maika.jpg (48 KB, 358x358)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>16034341
>higher quality kits
Anon pls
>>
>>16034346
>Iridescent paint
Real nightmare to work with. Give it a try if your heart is set on it, but know this; it's WAY more of a pain in the ass to work with than a regular flat coat of paint. Wouldn't recommend it unless you're an experienced painter.
>>
>>16034341
>Dragon Momoko made higher quality kits
You have to be some kind of filip or vietnamtards to think like this.
>>
>>16034354
>RG trash
>IBO trash
>Unironically buying old Wing kits
>>
>>16034354
Fuck yeah, nice, no, nice, please god no.
>>
>>16034354
>HG Fighting Action Deathscythe

I hope you're ready for A LOT of work.
>>
>>16034353
Shut up Bandai shill.
>>16034355
You too, smug anime poster.
>>
>>16034362
So having more shit on it that looks nothing like the actual design is "higher quality"?
>>
I liked the RG Sinanju. It's a floppy mess if you try to touch the fucking thing (WHERE DO YOU EVEN HOLD IT) and it's impossible to get it to sit and play nice even with an AB, but I think it looks good as a display piece.
>>
>>16034362
>those legs
okotowari shimasu
>>
>>16034341
>Higher quality kits

For a chinese company they were good and in a couple specific cases maybe, but overall no.

>Overtaking and replacing P-Bandai

This is laughable. And the reason they went after them isn't that Bandai as a whole felt threatened or were taking big losses or anything, it's their chinese branch and distributor. Local sales were being threatened so it worked its way up the chain to headquarters and over to Sunrise to do something about it.
>>
File: brainlet3.jpg (101 KB, 1129x1200)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>16034341
>well on their way to overtaking and replacing (P-)Bandai
>>
Bandai shills out in full force I guess lol, if they weren't in serious danger why would they take such heavy-handed and unprecedented action?
>>
>>16034362
>dat v-fin
>dos legs
>better

Sure. Believe what you will anon.
>>
>>16034380
Big words from a DM shill.
>>
>>16034383
How could I be a DM shill when DM doesn't even exist anymore? I just think it's about time people take the dick out of their mouth and let their dusty brains start firing up again.
>>
>>16034380
Go the fuck back to weibo, chink.
>>
>>16034380
>Unprecedented

They've shut down and raided bootleggers and third party companies before. And as mentioned previously, its an issue of local sales, not overall. Their chinese distributors and office reported it and had it done because their sales were competing with them.
>>
>>16034389
I agree, anon, take that chink dick out your mouth.
>>
File: 1509301999039.png (70 KB, 645x729)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
>>16034380
>>16034389
>>
>>16034390
>racism
Your mother must be real proud of how you turned out.
>>
File: 1497975068903.png (351 KB, 579x589)
351 KB
351 KB PNG
>>16034181
>Using crappy craft paint

Nigga stop being a cheap shit and go grab some spray paint from a hobby shop/home depot.
>>
File: Bandai Hornet.png (975 KB, 913x686)
975 KB
975 KB PNG
just one little shake... and they come out of the woodwork... buzzing and angry...
>>
>>16034415
nice white border holy shit lmao did you just use paint for the first time in your life
>>
>>16034420
have I injured you... dumb bandai shill...
>>
>>16034424
>anno domini 2017
>using ellipses
lurk moar
>>
File: 5673452.jpg (174 KB, 600x600)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
Sweet and sour Jesus fucking Christ, can we get back to talking about plastic robots already?
>>
>>16034430
There are no plastic robots to talk about, Bandai just shut down the only company actually releasing retail model kits. Come back in a month and maybe we'll have some P-Bandai scraps to discuss, not that anyone will actually buy any of them.
>>
File: xfPNa2B.jpg (1.04 MB, 1895x1612)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
Let's get this thread back on track. What series do you hope get's more kits? Which line would be your favorite?

Kotobukiya's AC line has treated me well except for the Alicia.

Digimon Re:Digitize when?
>>
>>16034434
No matter how many times I see it, Noblesse Oblige is still sexy,

But anyway, I hope we get more Majestic Prince kits. Actually loved the designs in that show.
>>
File: fa017-3.jpg (58 KB, 650x432)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>16034434
I've always wanted a frame arms kit, but they scare me with how much is going on. Are they fragile?
>>
>>16034433
I too like sucking cocks.
>>
>>16034434
I hope we get some more Thunderbolt kits. I'm confused as to why they only did Atlus and the Gundam Ground Type when they made the second season. The series had more kits made when there wasn't even an anime to advertise them. Thunderbolt Dom, Gelgoog, Psycommu Zaku, the Acguys, the Flight type Gouf, all the GM varients, there's a bunch of stuff they just haven't made for whatever reason.
>>
>>16034438
>but they scare me with how much is going on
They're all detacheable. Designed to be played with. Why be scared bby
>>
>>16034438
I have a Baselard, which is one of the older FA kits. Though I love the design to hell, my god are the joints loose as shit.
>>
>>16034450
MG Atlas in about three years.
>>
File: wyern-1.jpg (82 KB, 600x900)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>16034454
I just haven't seen anything this complex before. I'm used to gunpla, but lately I've been thinking about breaking away from it for a while and trying other models.
>>
>>16034438
The RE fa kits (basically re-releases) have a slightly improved frame (although exact same everything else) that actually fixed a lot of issues with shit on them being loose or falling apart.
>>
>>16034457

Appearantly somewhat tighter joints is basically the only thing different in the updated releases with re: in the name. So I guess that issue is mostly dealt with.
>>
File: DSC_3136.jpg (433 KB, 1936x1296)
433 KB
433 KB JPG
>>16034346
I've used Alclad's jade paint, was my first time using their black base and lacquer paints in general. Honestly they were really easy to use, just stick it in your airbrush and keep the thing moving while you spray.
>>
File: DSC_3137.jpg (450 KB, 1936x1296)
450 KB
450 KB JPG
>>16034529
and here you can see the color it gets when viewed from a different angle. It's a lot more subtle than the pic you posted, but generally the same concept.
>>
>>16034529
Hey, it's you! You're the reason I asked. So, basically, it's just like Alclad chrome?
>>
>>16034535
I haven't used their chrome yet, but I would imagine so, yeah. I just followed the steps outlined here when you search for "prismatic"
http://alclad2.com/how-to/
>>
>>16034461
The MGFAG and Psycho Zaku were released relatively soon after the OVAs, so hopefully we'll get a MG Atlas within the next year.
>>
oh boy
>>
>>16034582
I'm hard now but when you tell me how much it cost I probably won't be.
>>
>>16034582
>those weapons
>those legs
>those decals
Boner
>those head sculpts
Nevermind
>>
>>16034597
£24 mint in box
thank god for auction sites
>>
>>16034611
Motherfucker
You Irish fuckers and your ungodly cheap Gunpla auctions.
>>
How do you prefer to paint your inner frames? Metallic like for example gunmetal or flat colors like the standard gray they come molded in?
>>
File: IMG_0871.jpg (185 KB, 1068x1425)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>16034644
metallic all the way.
>>
>>16034663
Are you gonna gloss top coat the inner frame?
>>
>>16034670
parts were gloss costed before assembly.
>>
>>16034663
I wish Richigo would teach me how to paint.
>>
>>16034679
I wish he disappeared.
>>
>>16034616
best part is, I live in England and got Hermes to do all the work for me
>>
>>16034644
Depends on the style I want to give the whole model, of course.
>>
>>16034770

Can you elaborate? I was thinking that a dark grey might fit "realistic" color schemes better than colorful ones, did you mean something like that?
>>
>>16034802
Pretty much. If I want to pretend it's a war machine I tend to avoid overuse of metallics and go with a more tank-inspired, grey-jointed look, but if it's a cool alien-like design that isn't necessarily realistic I might use some cool metallics and brighter, shinier paint.
It really depends, though. There aren't really set rules for this kind of thing. Especially in SF models it's more about artistic feeling than anything else I'd say.
>>
File: 1479424220234.jpg (26 KB, 567x378)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>16034346
What has been done to that poor jesta
>>
>>16031919
YOOO! Parts Paradise was wild. I was there last month on vacation. I bought 2000 yen worth of parts that would have cost $127 to get as full kits.
>>
File: 64.jpg (26 KB, 400x300)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>16034813
>Not using dull metals for inner frame and joints.
>>
>>16034951

Painting metallics and not doing the whole gloss deal feels wrong to me.
>>
>>16034961
A lot of metals and metal machinery aren't glossy and shiny though.
>>
File: 61GxLS8OdzL._SL1000_.jpg (79 KB, 667x1000)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>16034963

Yeah it makes sense if you want to go for a grittier look but I felt lazy every time I considered it since it skips a step. Might be a good middle ground between the high gloss metallic and going for grey.

I'll try to convince myself to do it on my current build since I'll do it "realistic" in terms of colors anyway. Though the kit itself looks alien as hell.
>>
>>16034362
>Relying on the real thing to exist in the first place
>Having worst part fitment
>Adding a bunch of shitty lines and stickers

Somehow better........ yeah right.
You just cant afford a real one poorfag.
>>
>>16034932

Parts paradise is great if you need specific parts from multiple kits it’s only a total crapshoot if you need one part from one kit and you’re paying ¥500 yen for parts when the full kit is only ¥1200-1600 yen anyway.

At that point you might as well just get the whole kit for the extra shit anyway.
>>
>doing waterslides for the first time
>finally get it in place
>add mark setter (how long do I leave this on?)
>wipe it off gently
>moves the waterslide

what am i doing wrong
>>
>>16034380
When you talk like a fuckwit, you get called for it. That's not shillery.

Own up, dipshit.
>>
>>16035014

Is it like microsol? If so, you shouldn't try to wipe it off. If you used too much it might cause a stain but you can go back and clean that up later, after you have applied it you really shouldn't touch the decal for several hours.
>>
>>16035023
Oh, so leave it on. It's mr. mark setter
>>
>>
>>16035092
It should be *Sucked* past tense in the file name anon. Those slimy chinks are gone for good.
>>
>>
Stupid question but what do I do to prevent "yellowing" of plastic. I've topcoted all of my kits and somehow it still happens. Not really noticeable on dark colors and it just bugs me.
>>
Friendly reminder this is what the people crying about DM look like.
>>
File: image.jpg (510 KB, 1074x2255)
510 KB
510 KB JPG
Groupbuild is coming along nicely, hopefully I'll have it done by the deadline
>>
>>
Please stop using the word "monopoly" where it doesn't belong...Bootleg fanboys use this word to suggest that Bandai has unethically taken over the market of "gunpla", and that bootleggers are simply trying to grab a piece of the market, but that's just wrong & dumb. Gunpla isn't a market, it's a product. It's Bandai's product, their IP, their designs which they paid a lot to make, their R&D, their engineering etc. Bootleggers aren't just innocent companies trying to join in, but jerks that try to capitalize off of Bandai's hard work & investment. They could very well make their own model kit robots, unrelated to the Gundam franchise, and that would be fine, but what they're doing is illegal.
So no, there's no monopoly, and Bandai aren't evil corporate overlords - in fact, Gunpla is quite reasonably priced for what you get. I don't care what you buy, but don't try to defend bootleggers as simply being attacked by the evil Bandai monopoly
>>
File: 1505730623815.jpg (70 KB, 600x600)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
No fite pls.
>>
>>16035161
As I've said many, many times in the past, the only time I'll go for a kit from not-Bandai is if it's a kit Bandai won't make. I would have picked up DM's Akatsuki or Testament, but not their Strike.
>>
>>16035161
Don't worry, mate.

We'll be pirating gunpla by the end of 2025.
>>
>>16034346
Looks good on thrusters and muzzles, a bit much for everything else though.
>>
What are the best detail brushes to get for a reasonable price?
>>
>>16034717
>>16034611

Holy fuck Britfag here, what auction sites in particular do you use??
>>
>>16034963
Won't flat coat turn metal paint into just another shade of grey anyways?
>>
>>16035387
no
>>
>>16035014
You put mark setter first then the decal. You use mark softer ontop of the decal afters.
>>
>>16035416
>>16035416
>>16035416

New thread
>>
File: RD and FF.jpg (263 KB, 2048x1060)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
>>16034717
If you can, try to find the old Gundam F90II L kit. Do the same for F90 A/D/S/VSBR kit if you plan to get a FixFIg F90/F91 sometime in the future. The pegs for the weapon set fit well in the Fix Figs surprisingly.
>>
>>16035386
There was an auction in Belfast last week, seems an anime hobby shop got shut down and all its stock repossessed.
The starting price for everything was a fiver, including high end Star Wars figures and Perfect Grade gunpla.
Obviously, most of the stuff went pretty high (a PG GP01 went for £101), but there were a few bargains too (PG RX-78 for £60, a few of my gets).
It was pretty much a one-off thing, someone posted about it on here and on /toy/ the day before it happened.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.