[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

The Crossover That Never Was Edition.

Last Thread: >>16082178

News: Lord Drakkon is coming back in Shattered Grid (Is that old news? idk)

Enjoy some tunes:
https://mega.nz/#F!UIsSwYza!OK3_8gou_yxy_d5-MGPzxw
>>
File: 1484800098194.png (993 KB, 1081x1627)
993 KB
993 KB PNG
>http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Chronos_Hyperforce_Megazord
Why does the Hyperforce Megazord look like total shit?
>>
>>16116308
Nips didn't design it
>>
>>16116321
But the individual zords look good.
>>
File: 1507336133989.gif (1.23 MB, 391x301)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB GIF
>>16116321
>>16116322
This. The zords on their own are damn good, but the megazord is just an incoherent mess.
>>
File: RCO024_1479800632.jpg (857 KB, 1159x1824)
857 KB
857 KB JPG
>>16116194
I'm still upset about it.
>>
>>16116432
I'd rather zedd had attacked earth with the power coins, for old times sake, mondo is lame as fuck
>>
>>16116308
Poor artstyle for a Megazord
>>
>>16116787
That guy's art rocks. Where did he go?
>>
I want to make a video game that's kind of an homage/parody/deconstruction-and-reconstruction of Power Rangers.

I'd like to be able to sell it.

I know Saiban tried to sue one company for something similar. How do I avoid that? How openly can I wear the influence without legal trouble?
>>
>>16117225
I didn't say I planned to release it half-finished then make people pay out the ass for DLC to fix/complete it. It'd just be nice after shitloads of work to be able to buy a pizza or something and think, "I earned this with something I made."

What a monster I am.
>>
I'm really thankful to RPM for keeping most of their monsters of the week mute, because it's so embarrassing to watch episodes where monsters have really shitty dialogue. Like when a spider monster goes "The Power Rangers are caught in my web!" or a fire-themed monster says "I'm burning up!" It's like when you hear a really lame pun.
>>
>>16116194

Wouldn't the Rangers be better off teaming up with Stormwatch or the WildC.A.T.s?
>>
>>16117251
I started RPM last night, and I did notice right away that they didn't speak much if at all. I'm fine with that, the visuals of Go-Onger are goofy enough on their own that there's no need for shitty puns on top.
>>
File: IDW_COMICS_HASBROVERSE.jpg (338 KB, 900x470)
338 KB
338 KB JPG
>>16113959
Just wait until Boom and Saban decides to do a Sabanverse with Power Rangers, Mystic Knights, VR Troopers, Beetleborgs, and Glitter Force
>>
>>16117770
Hasbroverse killed the books, so it sounds exactly like something Saban would try
>>
about me to watch Jungle Fury for the first time, I hope I can finish it before Christmas

what am I in for?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (3.3 MB, 1429x885)
3.3 MB
3.3 MB PNG
>>16117839
These guys.
>>
>>16117839
Everyone having sexual tension with Lily
>>
>>16117839
>blue is an omega manlet with a huge crush on yellow
>purple is jack sparrow stoner but cool
>red is p cool and IRL a sentaibro
>white is ok i guess
>yellow is literally never wrong and never has to change because she's perfect
>the team has no association with other teams and their powers aren't from their morphers, but the morphers do enhance them
>purple got them from a guy who knows a guy
>PR-original rangers
>a really annoying fly
>heroes have an ongoing arc of finding new masters to train them to be stronger
>villains have an identical arc, holy shit what
>villain is basically an evil ranger
>hands down best fight-choreo, morphed and unmorphed, series-wide
>WATAW
>>
OK so you're making your own team from scratch.
>magic or tech
>standalone team of costumed superheroes or trained operatives backed by an organization
>redeemed evil sixth or grudging respect rival sixth
Why and why not? Show your work.
>>
>>16117898
>>heroes have an ongoing arc of finding new masters to train them to be stronger
>>villains have an identical arc, holy shit what
>>villain is basically an evil ranger
This is true for Gekiranger as well, though the rest sounds pretty cool.
>>
>>16117898
>their powers aren't from their morphers, but the morphers do enhance them

nigga what?
>>
>>16117938
In Jungle Fury, the opening scene is the three main rangers, the villain and the sometimes-mentor using their kung-fu to summon Stands.
And THEN they get their morphers.
The Zords aren't robots, but giant Stands formed through collectively channeling kung-fu power through the morphers. As such, they just vanish at the end of a fight.
Well, except for one, that's an actual giant robot.
>>
>>16117938
It's like civilian powers
>>
>>16117971
>>16117938
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doJppLUeerY
>>
>>16117898
>>hands down best fight-choreo, morphed and unmorphed, series-wide
Original footage-wise, Lightspeed Rescue is better. Gekiranger was Sentai's best martial arts choreography next to Dairranger.
>>
>>16117210
Mix enough references to other superhero and sci-fi works that the overall inspiration becomes muddled, but still obvious. It's not a guarantee, but it should help.

>>16117770
The sad part is I wouldn't mind that too much.
>>
>>16117770
how badly did they fuck up that?
>>
Man, Jungle Fury is such an underrated series.
One of my top 5, easy.
>>
>>16120426
It gets ignored because it's sandwiched between the low point that was OO and the high point that was RPM.
>>
New issue of MMPR is out. Apparently it's shit, but decide for yourself:

>>>/co/97632187
>>
>>16120472
It's a non action issue
For what it's worth I liked the characterization of Finster
>>
>>16120504
Yeah, it was, even if he was a bit more long-winded than the Annual. You could tell Higgins really wanted to make the serial killer speech the centerpiece of the issue.
>>
>>16116787
2voltron4me
>>
>>16120714
>Boom Goldar is approaching a mid life crisis after months of jobbing like his television counterpart
>Boom Finster is a sociopath
>>
>>16121183
>Boom Finster is a sociopath
that comic where he got everybody killed was pretty good
>>
>>16120895
The original Megazord was a homage to Chad Lion's design
>>
File: godsigma.jpg (243 KB, 1000x1500)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
>>16121350
I thought it was this guy.
>>
>>16121589
>The Megazord does not have a single unified style. According to an article by PLEX's Tsuyoshi Nonaka, [1]it was inspired by GoLion/Voltron. This is most evident in the Sabertooth Tiger design wherein the head of the Sabertooth is the foot of the Megazord, the legs fold sideways and the tail becomes the Megazord kneecap. The tank formation was inspired by Daitetsujin 17.
>>
so does disney still don't think power rangers is a money maker (considering they're implementing their take over the world plan)?
>>
>>16121710
I mean, that's correct. It's not a money maker these days. The movie bombed, and the toy brand is nowhere near the top.
http://www.businessinsider.com/here-are-the-best-selling-toys-of-2017-2017-10
PR probably still makes enough of a profit to keep going, but from Disney's perspective, it's all pennies compared to the profits they get from selling Marvel and Star Wars shit.
>>
>>16121731
how big is the difference back then (disney era) and now (nick era)?
>>
>>16121745
I would rather watch Mystic Force and Operation Overdrive again over the neo-Saban seasons
>>
>>16116194
Oh shit is this where BOA got inspiration for their Legacy line?
>>
>>16117904
>Magic or tech
What is really the difference when it comes right down to it?
>>
File: 2b9.jpg (38 KB, 589x399)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>16121776
if the tech/science is too advanced to be explained, it becomes magic
>>
Alroght /prg/, how did RPM succeed in a more serious setting from goofy footage while Turbo failed?
>>
>>16122005
One has Justin
The other doesn't have Justin
One has the villain be a goofy space pirate bitch
The other had Skynet
RPM's Zords looking silly actually has a good reason that fits well in the plot
Turbo's Zords introductions were just abrupt with no explanation for Zordon's new automobile fetish
>>
>>16122005
Because Guzelian had a solid idea on where to take his show, while Sloan and Tzachor kept fighting on how to approach Turbo.

Funny how Lynn had to retool Turbo from square one, while he was on cruise control and using whatever script notes Guzelian left him for RPM.
>>
>>16122005
The issue is that Turbo didn't go all out.

The villain had serious plot, but she herself was extremely silly concept and design-wise. The monster of the week also continued with their goofy routines rather than changing the episode's format to something that works better in a serious context like RPM did.
>>
>>16122005
The writer knew how to handle it better, and didn't have to one up Zeo and Beetleborgs
>>
>>16122005
Because many of Turbo's problems weren't due to the Sentai footage. It wasn't Carranger's fault that they chose to add a kid Ranger, replace Alpha with a Brooklyn knockoff, and ditch the lingering Zeo plot threads involving Rita and Zedd for Divatox. Turbo could have had a dark and serious Sentai to take footage from, and it would still probably be shit because of those poor choices.
>>
For a show that was more serious than other PR seasons, RPM did a better job at being funny. It had better quips and dialogue compared to how groanworthy the comedy is in any of the Neo-Saban seasons.
>>
>>16122093
The executive producer worked on Kim Possible
>>
Meanwhile, in the comic verse

It's green candle time
>>
>>16122154
I don't know how to feel when most of the PR villains like Finster and Baboo got slight redesigns to look more sinister, while the Wizard of Deception still looks like a guy who hastily put on a Halloween mask and a robe.
>>
>>16122154
probably after/during Shattered Grid
Expect Tommy to have a moment in Shattered Grid making more deserving of the leader role than Jason to justify his White Ranger promotion
>>
>>16122171
>Shattered Grid
They basically already spoilered that plot point to a certain extent
>>
>>16122183
by which i mean the point that something will happen to Jason
>>
File: power_rangers_red_ranger.jpg (231 KB, 1047x1572)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
>>16122183
>>16122188
Covers aren't always accurate
It could just be a reference to how Drakkon killed his world's Jason first and how it's in line with the other variant covers
>>
File: postgeki-71.jpg (408 KB, 944x1200)
408 KB
408 KB JPG
>>16117898
What do you mean basically they ARE evil Rangers.
>>
>>16122165
A little worse, actually. You can actually see his eyes in the comic, and they colorist didn't do a very good job of making his eyes and mouth glow.
>>
>>16122154
So Shattered Grid confirmed for convoluted event just to give Tommy his Tigerzord?
>>
>>16122635
SG's for the anniversary
The candle's just to hype up for what comes afterwards I presume
>>
>>16122678
Also to explain what Rita is up to since she's been absent
>>
>>16122581
>Read the comic
>Assume he has a hood
>It's actually hair
>>
Why did Dino Thunder work as a nostalgia season more than Neo-Saban's attempts to recapture MMPR?
>>
>>16122581
>OH HAI RANGERS
>>
wat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5zTZRDdimY
>>
>>16123728
Because when Dino Thunder used MMPR for its mythos, you could tell it was as a stepping stone for their own thing. When they brought back Tommy, they gave him his own episodes, explored his character, and focused on his interactions with the new generation of Rangers. All this while giving him his own arc and life after Turbo instead of relying on constant references. Whereas when Bulk was brought back for Samurai, they made him go back to square one as the goofy comic relief instead of doing anything new with him. And he did so little with the Rangers that you could probably cut out all of his scenes and Samurai wouldn't lose anything.

Plus, Sloan and Austen tried to make sure DT's writing would fit in with the rest of children's shows during 2004, while Neo-Saban seasons all feel like the writers are mentally stuck in the mid-90s. So aside from really dated pop culture references (comparing Kira to Avril Lavigne, the Yugioh knockoff episode), an average episode of Dino Thunder feels fresher than an episode of Ninja Steel.
>>
>>16123728
Short answer: Good writing, and MMPR didn't feel too intrusive.

I actually think Megaforce had potential, but it was squandered by not giving a shit.
>>
>>16122273
Gekiranger considers them to be rangers despite looking like typical monsters
>>
>>16123809
God, Megaforce. It wasn't even the fact that they didn't give a shit. Because a company that didn't give a shit would've done more with Megaforce than Tzachor did. If anything, he cared too much about the wrong things, like letting his hateboner for the Disney seasons get in the way of calling some Disney rangers back to do some episodes, or not using Sentai footage that would've been great like the Ninjor episode.
>>
>>16123728
Doug Sloan.
>>
>>16122581
It feels like they used some production short as reference for the Wizard, rather than his on screen appearance where the inside of his mask gets green screened into fire.
>>
>>16116308
>Why does the Hyperforce Megazord look like total shit?
Because it probably has like 5 different configurations and does none of them well.
>>
>>16120426
Jungle Fury was the production team responding to the shit they got for Overdrive by writing the opposite what they thought PR should be. Squeaky-clean teens, formula construction done with style and running plots and deliberate refusal to engage in melodrama.
...fans loved it.

Also supposedly Fran was named after an actual fan, and was intended to be a poke at her. Before she turned out to be the best character on the series.
>>
>>16123753
>the Yugioh knockoff episode
It's funny, I remember the faux World of Warcraft episode, but not House of Cards. I remember the Trent plot from that episode, but completely forgot the monster of the episode was supposed to be Slifer the Sky Dragon.

>>16124580
>Also supposedly Fran was named after an actual fan, and was intended to be a poke at her.

Oh yeah, I remember her. I forgot what she did to get so much attention besides be a camwhore on Rangeboard.
>>
File: Green Ranger Rita.jpg (123 KB, 1280x720)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>16122273
Speaking of an evil ranger.
>>
File: 1489783002924.jpg (20 KB, 167x202)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>16123735
>>
>>16124580
I remember there was a dentist in Mystic Force people thought was named after a board member too. Dr. Tristan I presume.
>>
>>16124580
Remember that time Fran tried to steal Lily's morpher?
>>
>>16125195

I really wanted Fran to morph
>>
>>16124793
>camwhore
What
>>
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 258x195)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
So in light of the holidays, does anyone have the VHS version of "I'm Dreaming of a White Ranger"? I thought I downloaded it a few years ago but can't find it.
>>
File: 1420741007946.jpg (26 KB, 460x391)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>16125360
>tfw they had to rerelease the tape because of a continuity error regarding Kat
>>
>>16125676
It's not really a continuity error. It can fit.
>>
>>16125271
Any girl that 4chan doesn't like is a camwhore, where have you been the past decade
>>
>>16125271
>>16126894
Okay, I was exaggerating a bit. It was mostly bog standard "oops my boobs are in the shot tee hee" crap. But it makes sense in context, since Rangerboard used to have dedicated shitposting threads that doubled as a proto-instragram for the userbase.

>>16126006
Don't forget, the VHS was originally released near the start of season 3, so Kat's cameo was doubly out of place.
>>
File: IDoaWR058.jpg (6 KB, 200x150)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>16127089
Yeah I got the tape when it was released and was like who the fuck is that? My sister said maybe it's the new Pink Ranger, and I told her to shut up for saying something so stupid.
>>
Does anyone have any good fanfic ideas for seasons here?
>>
>>16129130
This reminds me of a booteg set of Power Ranger that were a mix of MMPR+Zeo. The Sixth Ranger was part Gold Ranger and White Ranger. They were rubber and bendy. I don't know what to think of them now since I don't know how ethical bootleg stuff is now.
>>
File: bootlegs5.jpg (119 KB, 1024x768)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>16129720
>I don't know what to think of them now since I don't know how ethical bootleg stuff is now.

Are you serious? I doubt any of them are hurting Bandai's bottom line. If anything, just look at them as amusing (sometimes kind of cool) novelties.
>>
>>16129720
>I don't know how ethical bootleg stuff is now
bootleg toys are dank af
John Bandai makes plenty of money don't worry about him.
>>
I'm watching the Turbo movie for the first time and wtf is up with mooks?

Divatox remains one of the best PR villains though.
>>
>>16130121
I do like the Rita cameo. Also, Kat and Justin have an extremely "Hey kid, wanna /ss/?" set of vibes
>>
>>16122077
Even when it was trying to be serious, literally every plot was "Divatox hides a bomb somewhere in Angel Grove. The Rangers have to defuse/destroy it before it does off." Every. Time. Until the cast change.
>>
>>16129130

Been tooling around with the idea of a midquel set around late MMPR S1-early S2 focusing on how the world's nations are responding to and promptly covering up the Angel Grove situation and how a new villain faction is looking to sneak their way onto Earth while people are too worried about Rita to notice.
>>
File: frax.jpg (31 KB, 640x489)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>tfw the guy who mutilated you, left you for dead, then tampered with your mind so you were an unfeeling robot up until your dying breaths gets a new lease on life and is seen as an enemy turned friend to the Rangers
What was with the post-Zordon era and all these villains who didn't deserve to die? Ecliptor, Villamax, Frax, etc.
>>
>>16130435
Chip Lynn on the writing seat
>>
>>16130464
Wasn't he stressed, frustrated, and depressed at the time?
>>
>>16130470
That blog post was satire. I think he was disappointing at the source material though.
>>
>>16130143
I'm fairly certain between Zeo and Turbo, Kat is the reason I have a mommy fetish
>>
>>16117977
Thats pretty fucking rad. Im tempted to watch it now
>>
>>16123738
>Shoving an advert in the middle of the video

I like you Jon, but come on man.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (168 KB, 957x270)
168 KB
168 KB PNG
You have just been hired by Saban to be a screen writer. You are promised a high salary, and a chance to expand their current show lineup, as long as succeed at just one ask. Your only task: Write a followup to the Big Bad Beetleborgs that utilizes Kamen Rider Kabuto footage
>>
>>16131807
Did anyone else think the Beetleborgs themselves feel like an afterthought in their own show? You have all these props and costumes for a haunted house show full of comic relief monsters, then you have a plot about a good and evil duo of comic book creators whose creations come to life and wreak havoc. You could already make 2 kids shows out of those plots, but then you smash them together and add toku footage, leading to a really weird, tonally off creation.
>>
>>16131807
First off, I'd ignore the cliffhanger from Metallix. Kids wouldn't give a shit about it, and adults who grew up with Beetleborgs wouldn't be satisfied with any explanation I'd come up with, so throwing that out.

As for the plot, say that Lester Fortunes has been leading a quiet life making webcomics while keeping a low profile from the law. But then a freak lightning storm hits his computer while in the midst of making his comic, and it leads to all the characters from his story manifesting into reality (using footage of the Worms). His brother's long out of the picture, so he realizes he needs to stand up to his past and become a good guy. So he goes to a local comic shop and asks some kids (one of whom could probably be the kid of one of the original Beetleborgs, depends on whose actor would be willing to come back) if they want to become the next generation of superheroes. The leader kid becomes the Red Neo-Beetleborg (using Kabuto footage), his black (or whatever ethnicity Saban wants to push) friend becomes the Blue Neo-Beetleborg (using Gatack footage), and the girl of the group becomes the Yellow Neo-Beetleborg (using TheBee footage). Then throughout the show, you could slowly introduce new kids who could be the Purple Neo-Beetleborg or the Silver Neo-Beetleborg. Maybe use footage of Kickhopper and Punchhopper and call them the Gemini Neo-Beetleborgs. I probably wouldn't bring back Flabber or any of the Hillhurst monsters since today's kids would think they're cheesy as fuck, but I would sprinkle some references and nods to them. Like a Halloween episode where the cast dress up like them.
>>
>>16116194
new issue of PR
>>>/co/97730075
>>
>>16131807
I remember being 14 and making "adapation" fanfics of Kamen Rider and the new season of Sentai at the time.

Though I think it would be kinda nice to see a TV movie of Beetleborgs as adults.
>>
File: 1514389063187.jpg (2.94 MB, 1988x3056)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB JPG
>>16132361
Felt like a character driven issue like the recent MMPR one except with Bulk, Matt, and Billy's dad involved
At least there were small small but quick scenes of the Rangers testing out their Zords
Also, Higgin's turned to Hmmmm's HOPR for reference
https://twitter.com/KyleDHiggins/status/944720825646813184

Also does Billy's dad look like David Yost to anyone else?
>>
>>16132721

Billy's dad looks a lot like current day David Yost.
>>
>>16129130
There's always the old idea of adapting Go-Busters as a sequel to VR Troopers and fusing the canons like they wanted to all those years ago.
>>
>>16131807
Show starts with a flashback, which shows the Beetleborgs Metallix finally destroying the Crustaceans. Because of that, their powers are taken away, and Flabber tells the kids that they need to move on and be "real kids."

Almost 20 years later, Drew and Heather have a kid together, and Drew has become a comic book writer for Fortunes Comics. Drew's son, Billy, doesn't like comics like his father did. He doesn't know about his father's childhood as a Beetleborg, and just thinks of him as his geeky but well meaning father. One day while at school, a monster calling itself Tarantalor attacks the school. Billy tries to lead the monster away from the other kids, and while he does he sees a small metallic beetle appear in his hand. It turned out that when Nukus was destroyed, there was a brief hole in between the 2nd dimension and the 3rd. Vexor saw the opportunity in the comic world, and used his powers over the years to slowly increase the rift. Now the rift was enough for Vexor to return, far stronger than before. However, he no longer is linked with the comic world, but the "Never World," where monster ideas that never were published exist.

Due to Vexor's return, Beetleborgs must return. However, Billy must find his fellow Beetleborgs and convince them to fight Vexor. He must also find Flabber, to find out everything he needs to know.
>>
>>16133554
Or the ol' RPM sequel idea
>>
>>16133674
I know they said the reason they didn't adapt Go-Busters was because of toy sales, but I can't help but think it's also because either Saban or the executives didn't like how the show took swipes at PR (the main monsters are called Megazords, main villain is a giant floating head and his robotic assistant).
>>
>>16133684
>took swipes
But the Morphin Braces literally say It's Morphin Time
>>
File: homage.jpg (354 KB, 775x850)
354 KB
354 KB JPG
got reminded of this.

so was it intentional or just a happy coincidence (all black suit changes to green and black)?
>>
>>16134124
That's like saying Carlos going from the Green Turbo Ranger to the Black In Space Ranger is an homage to Kamen Rider Black. Or Adam going from the Black MMPR Ranger to the Green Zeo Ranger.
>>
>>16133684
I thought is was because the show didn't have enough stock footage. You see the rangers faces alot in battles and even the villains are humans
>>
>>16134132
Or Tommy going from Green MMPR to Black DT. It's literally nothing
>>
>>16134132
haven't seen turbo and space. honestly didn't remember MMPR - Zeo when i did this pic.
>>
>>16134137
If it's unintentional, then it's not a nice touch. It's an accident.
That's like saying you having your dad's eyes is a "nice touch".
Also, I highly doubt the team that makes fucking Kamen Rider cares about what PR is doing.
>>
>>16134145
Yeah, the only reason he goes from green to black in Megaforce is because there wasn't a Gokaiblack in Gokaiger. Not because Tzachor wanted to give an eyewink to Kamen Rider Black RX fans.
>>
>>16134152
Even in the slim chance it was an homage, that would be such a skewed priority. Like you barely give any satisfying nods or throwbacks to many Power Rangers seasons, yet you make a reference to Kamen Rider Black? That would be like Tzachor going "Hey, instead of bringing back Doggie Kreuger and Kat to make the SPD fans happy, I'll make a reference to Janperson and Blue SWAT!"
>>
>>16132721
>Also does Billy's dad look like David Yost to anyone else?

Ha, he does! That's a really nice touch.

>>16134172
That's a terrible analogy. Tzachor totally would have thrown in Gokaiger's Metal Hero footage if it were usable.
>>
Can someone explain this Hyperforce shit to me? I know nothing about D&D.
>>
File: HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.png (30 KB, 639x375)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>
>>16135839
>Can someone explain this Hyperforce shit to me? I know nothing about D&D.
Power Rangers HyperForce is a series set in the live-action TV series continuity that follows a group of 5 Time Force cadets given Power Ranger powers to stop the mysterious Alliance Leader (who may-or-may-not be Don Armage) from recruiting an army throughout history.
The series is a RPG played with dice and a dungeon master where characters roll for their actions. Unlike most RPG sessions HyperForce is partially scripted with endpoints to each session in mind but a high degree of freedom within that. (As the GM put in episode 2, she had no intention of allowing them to beat the main adversary this early but if she rolled all 1's for the villain she would have come up with something.) Sessions last 2.5-3 hours.

Time periods visited thus far:
1994 Angel Grove
2009 Omega City (RPM timeline)
1985 North Pole

There have also been several single-episode teamups with classic ranger actors reprising their characters.
Storytelling varies between humerus and meta to incredibly bleak and there is a major emphasis on characterization and character interaction.

...also the Red HyperForce Ranger may be the Red Kyuranger's brother or something. It's very confusing.
>>
>>16134124
At no point was it intentional.

Remember that Adam went from Black to Green too from MMPR to Zeo.
>>
>>16135939
Na, he refers to Lucky as a legend so Kyuranger happened in the past. At best he's a descendant but thats not stated.
>>
>>16136040
It's still messed up. ;)
>>
>>16134152
If anything, Orion is similar to Dex if you want a more plausible Kamen rider reference
>>
>>16135939
I'm an hour 45 into episode 1 and this shit is unbearable. Peter is a terrible actor, worse than Andre who's not even an actor.
>>
>>16136069
They just announced the guest for the January 2nd stream. It's someone.
>>
>>16136137
Episode 1 is ropey. Episode 2 is bumb fun. Episode 3 is probably the best of the first chapter batch.

(People seemed to like Episode 7. I did not.)
>>
>>16136192
As long as it's not JDF.
>>
>>16135939
>Tying Power Rangers and Super Sentai together in the worse way possible.

Fucking cunts. They always try way too hard to tie two series/franchise together, and just end up complicating their own continuity.
>>
>>16136348
Strictly speaking they just reused the planet and overall setup.

...unless the Alliance Leader DOES turn out to be Don Armage.
>>
File: SIC SIC HIYAH HIYAH.jpg (131 KB, 800x800)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>16136331
HAHAHAHAHA
FUCK
>>
>>16136358
No, it'll be Capo Apoca, his cousin.

>>16136331
>>16136374
Anon you fucking jinx!
>>
>>16136374
[sic aiyahs internally]
>>
File: Spoiler Image (154 KB, 1600x600)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>16131862
>a haunted house show full of comic relief monsters
>>16131882
>Flabber or any of the Hillhurst monsters since today's kids would think they're cheesy as fuck, but I would sprinkle some references and nods to them

Actually, I can think of the PERFECT series for adaptation where Flabber and gang would make the MOST sense......
>>
>>16136385
Lets jinx it even more
He's not gonna play as Tommy
He's gonna play as Drakkon
>>
>>16136554
I can picture JDF pushing for it.
Problem being that it is hard to fit him into a RPG session as a villain. He's going to be a hero.

I want Dino Thunder black.
>>
>>16136605
Drakkon's gonna be the plot twist
Hyperforce ties into Shattered Grid
>>
>>16136651
>Hyperforce ties into Shattered Grid
I honestly think that might be the case. Or it's an early side-story/prequel... or something.
>>
>>16136704
>Crisis on Infinite Rangers
>>
>>16136711
>Crisis on Infinite SIC HIYAH SIC HIYAHs
>>
File: Dax.jpg (30 KB, 600x458)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>16136711
Considering Higgins saw Linkara's HOPR videos
I think he's gonna target specific Rangers to fodder
>>
>>16136605
>>16136651
I had that idea as well. They start off by visiting Tom Oliver in colonial times, but then it turns out IT WAS DRAKKON ALL ALONG [insert evil laughter here].

>>16136727
But that would be vindictive. Unless Will gets it first.
>>
>>16136779
So far Samurai Rangers are confirmed for fodder
Higgins did say on twitter that if he had the chance to write any Ranger team aside from MMPR it'd be Operation Overdrive
>>
>>16136789
Why? Is it to fix the series so it's actually good, or because he genuinely like the season?
>>
>>16137553
I think they would make good antagonists. A privately-funded Ranger team run by a billionaire screwup who keeps unleashing ancient evils. And they're all awful people.
>>
Do the majority of PR fans still think OO is the worst season, or have they moved onto Megaforce?
>>
>>16137675
I always saw it as a mediocre season at worst.

I thought Mystic Force was worse. Turbo as a whole is pretty bad even though the 2nd part is enjoyable.
>>
>>16130435
Ecliptor hurt the most.
>Some kid offs someone that you raised like your own daughter
>Shows that you are capable of compassion
>Rightfully REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE at him
>"Nope, you're definitely evil and can't be spared by my purification wave. Oh, and we're gonna kill that other guy too, despite him being more of a bumbling oaf than an actual threat."
>>
>>16137853
I actually heard they wanted to revive Rito, but there was some issues behind the scenes or something
>>
>>16137916
Rito's costume was trashed, that's why he wasn't in C2d.
Rito's sentai equivalent was a monster of the week they made a main monster for two solid years. The foam rubber was rotting inside by Zeo. It was basically layers of duct tape all over the body with paint on top but the face was starting to fall apart and lose definition.

It would not surprise me _at all_ to learn that Elgar's role in Power Rangers in Space was originally supposed to belong to Rito.
>>
>>16137675
The Kalish era for me is the worst because the characters are so unlikable. As bad as Megaforce was and Ninja Steel currently is I've at least watched all the episodes. SPD I saw most of, Mystic Force and Overdrive I only saw maybe half, and by Jungle Fury I could only stomach the first few episodes and maybe the last few. I could forgive a lot of things, but the heros need to at least be likable. That's not to say they need to be perfect. Eric and Dillon are great examples of flawed characters who were still likable.
>>
>>16137932
Action scenes were the worst for me honestly. But I didn't find SPD and Jungle Fury to be that bad. SPD really went downhill when they screwed up with Omega.
>>
>>16137553
Probably pull a Mark Gruenwald and take an idea that failed and make it work
>>
>>16137683
Mystic Force at least had some likable characters. There was absolutely nothing good about Operation Overdrive
>>
>>16138061
Mystic Force didn't have my man Spencer. That butler was the closest OO had to a good character.
>>
>>16138091
I'll admit fault there, I forgot about my nigga Spencer. But other than that, everything else was pure and utter shit.
>>
>>16138061
>>16138091
>>16137683
You know a season's bad when no one in it appeared on /tv/'s /ourguy/ list or even developed any sort of meme during the marathon
>>
>>16138100
This. Mystic Force wasn't just bad, it wasn't even fun to riff on. At least with the other bad seasons, you could make fun of Cole for being a murderer, or Robo Knight for being a wacky rapping robot who inexplicably goes to Africa. But Mystic Force doesn't have any of that. It's not so bad it's good. It's just bad.
>>
>>16138061
I mean, thats true technically, but they all got sidelined in favor of Nick. The individual rangers in of themselves have interesting personalies, but they all ended up being minor characters. Not to mention the show itself was just, boring and uninteresting. I remember having to convince myself to like it when it was airing. I think my disappointment really lies in how much I liked Magiranger. Well, at the time atleast.

I also remember there being "cliffhangers" at the end of each episode to make the story more interesting, It just felt like a poor excuse to make the episodes feel non-filler.

>>16138100
>>16138156
>>16138091
I find it really ironic how Xander couldn't save the show. I don't even think he was mentioned. I remember people loving Xander so much that he rivaled Tommy on some joke religion thing. It was also probably a reason they brought him back in the Once a Ranger episode.

I remember taking a huge break from PR sometime during OO. OO was just generic at worst, but I did like how it tried to be more serialized and they actually went to different places. Theres also the iMack storyline that sounded pretty neat. I might give it another chance, idk
>>
File: 1505872425526.png (14 KB, 505x116)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>16138202
>I remember people loving Xander so much that he rivaled Tommy on some joke religion thing.
>>
File: Lord Drakkon.jpg (312 KB, 1008x1040)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
Should've waited for Shattered Grid but screw it
>>
File: 1489897327216.jpg (115 KB, 640x640)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>16138301
>Jason you piece of shit stop showing everyone my pied piper videos

Okay, that one got me
>>
>>16138061
>There was absolutely nothing good about Operation Overdrive
I liked Tyzonn and the Fearcats.

You know -- the 6th Ranger they never did anything with who was barely on the show and the 4th Villain faction who barely had an introduction and got killed off early.

God, Overdrive sucked. Tyzonn's actor showed up at the last Morphicon and ended up leaving early because no one was interested in meeting him.
>>
File: Waysad.png (555 KB, 1366x768)
555 KB
555 KB PNG
>>16138548
>Tyzonn's actor showed up at the last Morphicon and ended up leaving early because no one was interested in meeting him
>>
>>16138558
>>16138548
Man thats bough. He guest appeared in DT and SPD, and I thought it was cool that he became a sixth in an anniversary season.
>>
>>16137645
>PMC ranger team
I'd go for it.
>>
>>16136711
>Infinity Morpher
>The Death and Return of Zordon
And now I really want Power Rangers: One Million
>>
>>16138202
>The individual rangers in of themselves have interesting personalies
There was absolutely nothing interesting about Chip or V
>>
>>16138548
>because no one was interested in meeting him.
Jesus. Even the Alien Rangers have people who want to meet them. Even the actress who plays Ms. Appleby has people who want to meet her. When more people want to meet the Power Rangers' high school teacher more than you, something's wrong.

Though maybe he was sick of hearing people ask "Are you still in contact with Samuell Benta? And can you tell that fucker to return that banner?"
>>
>>16138888
>>16138558
>>16138704
>>16138548
During one of the anniversaries for Power Rangers Shout Factory did this video of them interviewing people from the various seasons of Power Rangers
Operation Overdrive was the only one absent
>>
>>16138899
I remember when the Red OO Ranger made an effort to be fan-friendly, showing up at the first Power Morphicon alongside the rest of his cast and going to Japan to shake hands with Sentai Rangers. I know Samuell Benta's probably banned from showing up at PR cons again, but I wonder if the banner incident soured the rest of the cast on doing anything PR-related like interviews.
>>
Ziggy looks so old now.
https://youtu.be/TldlvlB51Qw
>>
>>16138924
DIVORCED
>>
>>16138301
10/10 I laughed like an idiot.

>>16138548
>>16138899
>Tyzonn's actor showed up at the last Morphicon and ended up leaving early because no one was interested in meeting him.
>Operation Overdrive was the only one absent

And now I'm sad. I mean, it's still one of my least favorite seasons, but all the casts deserve some respect and admiration. Except Benta.

>>16138924
>Losing hot dancer booty turns you into James McAvoy
What the hell.
>>
>Operation Overdrive cast were absent from the Shout Factory interviews
>Mystic Force was the only season with no representatives in the last Power Morphicon
Are the MF/OO cast persona non grata or something? Even the Samurai and Megaforce casts show up at cons all the time, and it's almost always the full team compared to how rare it is for even one Mystic Force Ranger to show up at a con.
>>
I don't get the hate for overdrive
I liked the subtle pinocchio plot with the red ranger
>>
>>16140381
>I don't get the hate for overdrive

One of the writers is on record as hating that season. The characters were reprehensible self-centered shits and every episode that tried to teach a 'moral lesson' managed to screw it up and undermine the moral.
She kept trying to fix this only to have Kalish tell her no, to put it back, they want things this way.

Overdrive's cast always struck me as "Disney original series"-esque, with the annoying personalities and tendency to trample all over their friends in service of the plot of the episode. The problem being that nothing else in the show supported this being a universe where that was remotely acceptable. So we were left with the show cheering for the Rangers being bad people.

And yes, Dax was told to act like that. This was what Kalish wanted, or at least what he thought Disney wanted.
>>
>>16140398
The idea of "Rangers who aren't as morally good as other teams go and hunt for treasure" sounds like Gokaiger refined what Kalish wanted to do for an anniversary season.
>>
Speaking of Samuell Benta, the piece of shit now has the nerve to e-beg for Patreonbux.
https://youtu.be/NQVyyf9zW68
>>
>>16140500
They were just awful characters. The episodes promoted selfisness and painted it as "standing up for yourself" and quitting when things are down as "knowing when to give up." It HAD 'teaching episodes' but the things it taught were objectively reprehensible.

Probably worth noting that the subsequent season, Jungle Fury, had the first team made up of real goody-goods since MMPR (or possibly Turbo.) All of JF was a reaction to the criticism Kalish got for OO.
>>
>>16140523
>steals from charity
>asks people to give charity to him
Gotta admit, Benta's got balls to do something like this. He's a shitty person, but he is fucking bold to make this video and act like he's this cool person who wants to change the world for the better, instead of an asshole who's begging for money because no convention wants him.
>>
>>16140526
I haven't seen much of Jungle Fury, but what I do remember is Casey being whiney and self entitled.
>>
>>16131807
A human,a werewolf, and a vampire become the next generation of Beetleborgs to fight off an alien invasion.
>>
>>16140701
I just remember how the teacher was the general from the Matrix sequels, and the villains looked like the porn star Anakin Skywalker and a hostess from a Chinese restaurant.
>>
>>16140831
nathaniel lee
>>
>>16140526
>All of JF was a reaction to the criticism Kalish got for OO.

Is that why it had stupid moments like one of the Ranger's greatest fear being failing at a talent show? Something about that always felt like satire, but I couldn't figure out why.
>>
File: Black_Dragon_True_Form.jpg (386 KB, 842x986)
386 KB
386 KB JPG
Whats his fucking problem?
>>
>>16141172
Literally cried like a bitch in the Second Annual
>>
>>16141172
Imagine of SIC HIYAH liked being evil and thought he was nothing without it
>>
>MMPR was full of goody goods
Never understood that meme. The only goody two shoes were Trini, Billy, Aisha, and Adam. Kim was a bit vapid, Zack (while my favorite ranger) was a bit of a whiner and negative Nancy, Jason was a bit of a hot head (he REALLY wanted to kick the Green Ranger's ass during Green With Evil) and Tommy used to leave the team hanging because "MUH MARTIAL ARTS". And....we all know the deal with Rocky.
>>
>>16141968
what was the deal with rocky?
>>
>>16142639
He just wanted to have fun.
>>
>>16141968
But they volunteered to clean up parks! Who does that?

Still, it really is fascinating to look back and see how much character the original cast had, subtle though it may have been at times. Like Zack's aforementioned chronic pessimism.
>>
File: Psycho_Green_Ranger.jpg (27 KB, 350x247)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>16141172
He is a Psycho?
>>
>>16116322
>>16116324
isn't that most mechas nowadays
>>
>>16117898
sounds like American Maskman in some ways
>>
>>16118072
Sakamoto was doing JF tho
>>
>>16130206
it's like some weird doronjo obsession
>>
>>16136493
>Flabber, let's go.
>Hold your horses Waldo, I'm coming!
>Bio Bonder!

...wait I'm picturing Den-O
>>
>>16138924
this is not shadow puppets
>>
>>16116787
>http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Chronos_Hyperforce_Megazord

is that a modded jungle fury megazord?
>>
>>16116787
This dude's stuff is pretty awesome.
>>
>>16143625
The zords in Zeo are great, but Pyramitis is probably one of the lamest sixth ranger/ultrazords.
>>
>>16144816
not dissing the artwork.
>>
>>16144816
>The zords in Zeo are great
Two of them literally had to be dragged by the bull
>>
>>16139005
>>16138924
Yeah, he actually looks really good
>>
>>16139975
Samurai and Megaforce casts are at least chill. Remember that stream they did?
>>
>>16144816
That's because Ohranger gave Red the standalone Zord which would typically go to a 6th, and they gave the 6th a carrier Zord which would typically be unmanned. Though I do think Tommy having his own standalone Zord ended up working out nicely for PR.
>>
>>16144820
Yeah, but they still looked damn cool.
https://youtu.be/rMZ2QEClcds?t=22s

>>16145519
Man, that was fun. People couldn't get enough of Cameron Jebo's GokaiSilver impression.
>>
>>16145519
Yeah, those casts seem like they had a blast being Power Rangers while poking fun at how dumb their seasons were. They really deserved someone other than Tzachor. Even Kalish or Becca Barnes would have done them a better service.
>>
>>16145727
>Kalish or Becca Barnes
No
>>
>>16144820
It's STRONGER THAN BEFORE, not MORE MOBILE THAN BEFORE
>>
>>16145620
But how did he get free of the powerlines?
>>
File: 1489725512110.jpg (16 KB, 286x343)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>16146105
The lack of mobility doesn't sound very strong at all desu
>>
>>16145620
I miss Megazord cockpits that looked like actual cockpits where they sat around with computers and tech shit around then instead of the new ones which all seem to be empty voids.
>>
>>16146136
Max STR/min AGI
>>
>>16146142
This. The mega mode cockpits are awful. They don't feel like cockpits at all, just big empty rooms, and theyre essentially all the same.
>>
>>16146142
I prefer Dino Thunder and Wild Force to MMPR or Turbo.
I also prefer G Gundam's kinetomimetic suits to "i'm going to perform the same action with the controls as before, but somehow it does something different" of other Gundam series.
>>
What Power Rangers related shit activates your inner autism the most?
>>
>>16147638
In what way? Like DEEPEST LORE autism or THAT'S NOT HOW THAT WORKS REEEEEEE autism?
>>
>>16147644
either one
>>
>>16147646
Lother and Venjix's plans really spoke to my love of multifaceted plans.
Lothor could have a monster kill the Rangers, or have them keep filling up Hell with dead monsters until it burst open and they all ganged up to kill the Rangers.
Venjix could have a monster kill the Rangers and bring down Corinth, or he could just wait as it kept taking in more and more cyborg refugees. Like what, 75% of the city was a Manchurian Candidate at that point? Shit was nasty.
>>
>>16147638
Looking through the roster of villains on a PR season and comparing to their respective Sentai season, and seeing all the PR-exclusive main villains (Sledge, Astronema, Grumm) and comparing them to the Sentai villains who never crossed the border (Long, Kegalesia, almost all the Dairanger villains).
>>
>>16147638
Zord stat inconsistency
Sentai, toy, and promo card stats for Zords contradicting each other or being asinine
The Boom comics have been activating this a lot since Zords vary from scale radically in issues and sometimes they feel too small and sometimes they feel too big.
>>
>>16147661
Is there a pattern?
>>
>>16147704
Not really. It just happens whenever the producers have enough money to make their own suit, or the villains in the Sentai season they're adapting are either too weird or a human in a costume instead of a monster suit. I do notice that back in Turbo to Lost Galaxy, the main male villain in the Sentai (Exhaus, Hinelar, Zahab) was replaced with a main female villain (Divatox, Astronema, Trakeena). And they haven't done that in a while.
>>
>>16147661
Deciding out of the blue to bring a heavy metal album cover to life as S.P.D's main villain was something else.
>>
>>16147734
I watched an interview, and they said because Dekaranger only had 1 main villain that appeared throughout the show, Aronowitz decided to go all out and make guys like Grumm and Omni.
>>
File: 1432188121253.gif (2.36 MB, 280x210)
2.36 MB
2.36 MB GIF
>>16147638
Anytime there is no green ranger on the team. Granted its more of a sentai thing now. But the lack of green just feels incomplete
>>
>>16147638
When the Sentai footage is inconsistent with the context of the show.
>>
>>16147638
When there's an obvious discrepancy between the Japanese and American footage, and they just let it go rather than trying to explain it. I mean, "quilted Dragon Shield" type stuff.

Or worse yet, when there's an opportunity to do something cool and explain something, but they let it go. Like the Ninja Steel Zords being based on something personal to the Rangers.
Sure, the implications there, but to spend time setting it up, and then just lazily call attention to the similarities without outright saying it feels weird.
>>
File: Oops.png (1.86 MB, 1532x807)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB PNG
>>16147859
>When there's an obvious discrepancy between the Japanese and American footage, and they just let it go rather than trying to explain it. I mean, "quilted Dragon Shield" type stuff.

Honestly, I love that. Maybe its because I see the charm in it or I'm more petty on other things.

The Zhane's "white" silver ranger suit, and Dino Charge's blue arms comes to mind.
>>
>>16147924
Robutts
>>
>>16147924
>The Zhane's "white" silver ranger suit, and Dino Charge's blue arms comes to mind.

I guess the Dragon Shield was a bad example. It's really more recent stuff like the American Dino Charge suits that bother me. You'd think my now technology advanced enough you can get closer to the Sentai suits. But not only is that not the case, that filter they put over the footage makes it stand out even more.
>>
File: bentreon.png (395 KB, 839x612)
395 KB
395 KB PNG
>>16140523
He didn't Overdrive Accelerate.
>>
File: Zacksittingbyhimself.png (543 KB, 776x692)
543 KB
543 KB PNG
Anyone else wish they did a 'Lost & Found in Translation' type episode with an unadapted classic like Sun Vulcan or Goggle V.
>>
File: Zedd2.jpg (52 KB, 330x500)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>16147734
Lord Zedd's design was pretty metal, so I wasn't very surprised seeing Grumm
>>16148045
>1 patron
>$14 per month
J U S T
>>
So what's /m/'s opinion of Sledge? Where does he sit in the pantheon of Ranger villains?
>>
>>16148363
That scene with the vacation photos was pretty funny. And it is pretty neat that they are bringing him back in Ninja Steele. Other than that, I don't think hes pretty high. But there are probably some continuity timeline stuff on WHICH Sledge would be in Ninja Steele. The relationship with Poisandra is pretty funny I guess.

Decker(and possibly Dayu) are some of the more engaging Neo-Saban villains, for better or worse.
Heckyl was great for the first few episodes

>>16147924
>>16147992
*Dino Charge Gray's blue arms
I honestly didn't notice any difference in the American footage of DC with the exception of Gray, and sometimes Gold's color. I have not seen the original sentai.
>>
>>16148665
Nothing gets my blood pumping more than "guy on the opposite side who is you but more experienced, a cooler weapon, no motivation to be on the side he's on other than just looking for a good fight". Double points if your Big Fight happens where no one can see it, and it starts by him slowly walking towards you.
>>
>>16148363
I want to like him, but he's basically post-Wedding Zedd without the badass streak proceeding or following his attitude change.

>>16148665
>Decker(and possibly Dayu) are some of the more engaging Neo-Saban villains, for better or worse.

Agreed. It's a feat anything memorable came out of Samurai at all, even if it was mostly copypasted from Shinkenger.
>>
>>16149595
>>16148665
Deker and Dayu's stories only happened because Tzachor couldn't put "man uses his family's bones as a sword" or "woman burns her crush's family alive and then bonds his soul to her shamisen" into Samurai without censors raising an eyebrow. Being unable to use those Shinkenger plot threads meant the Samurai writers were allowed to actually write something instead of translating. It's a shame that neither of their characters pay off in the end, and they ultimately die the same way their Sentai counterparts did.
>>
>>16149966
>>16149595
>>16148665
I'd argue they're better than their Sentai counterparts
>>
>>16149966
>>16150023
It totally slipped my mind their backstories were changed from Shinkinger. Samurai copied so much, you can see where I might've gotten things mixed up.

That said, I guess it works if you like that tragic love story angle, but it always left a bad taste in my mouth too. Really, it's a wonder you don't get to see more redemption stories for monsters in general.
>>
I forgot, how did MMPRS3 grow their monsters? Because I know they can't replicate Kakuranger's.
>>
>>16150626
Probably something to do with Zedd
>>
>>16150626
>>16150629
Didn't Zed and Rita cross their staffs together and just blast the monsters from the Moon?
>>
Will we have another Twitch marathon like last March?in HD?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/JustForFun/PowerRangersMarathonStream

There were almost 500 fucking thread on /tv/!!!
>>
>>16150763
If they do it again, it won't be the same

Besides, it's not like they have another movie to promote
>>
>>16150763

I'd rather get a marathon of the other toku adaptations so we can relive that mixture of nostalgia and mild cringe.
>>
>>16150815
oh fuck I forgot about that
>>
File: Zeo-Ranger-1-Pink.png (455 KB, 853x640)
455 KB
455 KB PNG
The suits in Ohranger looked good and they looked good on the girls. Why do the Zeo suits look so shiiiit? I always think the power rangers spandex looks worse but Zeo is especially bad.

Zeo pink in american footage also makes for the least convincing woman in power eangers. Aside from Time Force yellow but they were never going to try too hard with that obviously.
>>
>>16150738
Yeah, that's exactly it.

>>16150815
I could get behind this. I haven't seen VR Troopers in years, anyway.
>>
>>16150815
>VR Troopers
>Beetleborgs
>Masked Rider
>Mystic Knights
Could be fun but would probably be ignored by /tv/ like the Yu-Gi-Oh and Mr Rogers marathon
>>
File: dairanger.jpg (287 KB, 1024x648)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
>>16147638
The lack of a dairanger season.
>>
File: kylo ren ranger.jpg (41 KB, 497x375)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>16140831
Jarrod's got that menacing with goofy overtones kylo ren kind of look.
>>
>>16154214
A shame indeed, the suits are pretty neato.
>>
>>16154220
Oh fuck, why did you have to remind me? Now I'll never be able to unsee it. Also:

>Not naming the pic "Kylo Renger"
I'm disappointed.
>>
>>16154702
I'm disappointed in myself.
>>
>>16150774
This
The Bob Ross marathon's rerun wasn't the same
>>
>>16150763
those were some good days, I even watched a few episodes with my mother.
>>
>>16158855
That's cute anon. Did you both keep eyes on the chat of was it fullscreened?
>>
>>16158958
fullscreened kek
>>
So what does /prg/ think after learning that Tommy Oliver was trained by Batman as a child?
>>
>>16161287
what?
>>
>>16161287
haha yeah

sii aiyah
>>
>>16161287
Is this some weird shit from Justice League vs PR, or are you just memeing?
>>
File: 1444510352759.gif (2.95 MB, 550x300)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB GIF
>>16161287
>>
>>16161287
Then why didn't he become a Robin or another sidekick of sorts? Also, context?
>>
>>16147638
translation seasons
>>
https://youtu.be/RvLvHWPJl8g

>Over 1hr of SIC HIYAHH
>>
>>16162621
>watch Shinkenger because friend recommended it to me
>think it's pretty cool
>watch Samurai
>same exact plot but with vital parts cut out so the parts they kept don't make any sense
As bad as Ninja Steel is, at least it doesn't feel like I'm watching Ninninger again.
>>
>>16162318
HyperForce.
Batmas was mentioned as a real character in PR waaay back in Season 1. JDF just doubled-down on it. Batman is real int he PRU and Tommy met him as a child.
>>
File: 1424393923185.jpg (119 KB, 508x497)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>16163500
>>
File: 1489783311974.jpg (130 KB, 1200x925)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>16163500
mfw
>>
File: 1405810249049.jpg (96 KB, 960x540)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>16163500
>>
File: bat-tommy2.jpg (152 KB, 650x530)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>16163586
>>16163576
>>16163526
>>
>>16163500
I think the Season 1 reference was ment to imply he was fictional, but since the TMNT crossover everyone thought about the possibility. The retcon could work because of the wording
>>
>>16163707
Regardless... PR proper can't acknowledge this for another 16 years (when Batman enters the public domain) but the concept-creep has already begun in the fandom.
>>
File: 1446602099851.gif (346 KB, 500x428)
346 KB
346 KB GIF
>>16163736
>Batman entering the public domain
>>
>>16163707
Nah it was serious, Ernie said it with complete sincerity. Rememebr it was around this time Saban tried to push an X-men/Power rangers crossover; different companies of course but he's one for brand synergy(the brand being Fox Kids)
>>
File: image6.jpg (190 KB, 812x530)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
>>16163660
>red symbol
Is that Flashpoint Batman? Does PR take place in the Flashpoint timeline?
>>
File: Original.jpg (139 KB, 733x877)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
where would you rank ninja steel, power rangers movie, and Boom power rangers
>>
>>16117770
>Glitter Force
don't see it happening. Rights returned back to toei
>>
>>16120468
I honestly do forget that Junglefury exists
>>
>>16163762
Ninja steel shit tier
Movie low teir
Boom low teir
>>
>>16163762
Jungle Fury is not on par with Mystic Force, what the fuck is this bullshit
>>
>>16138924
>samurai helmet
"Who do you think you are? Tommy?"

that got me
>>
>>16141172
"I'm you but evil"

that's literally it.
>>
>>16163762
Boom needs its own sheet with GGPR, MMPR, and Pink separated
You might as well add the Marvel and Papercutz comic
>>
>>16163843
>Boom needs its own sheet with GGPR, MMPR, and Pink separated
GOGO and MMPR are part of the same timeline, with Gogo leading into MMPR. So no reason to count it as seperate.
>>
>>16163843
GGPR > MMPR > Pink
>>
>>16163861
They might be in the same continuity but the writing, tone, and scope between the two are different enough to stand out.
Maybe just have a Recommended PR comics chart
>>
File: Original.jpg (146 KB, 760x1018)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>16163843
>You might as well add the Marvel and Papercutz comic

What are the concensus? I know that Papercutz is horrible.
>>
Power Rangers Furry Fury when?
>>
>>16163740
They can extend it another 6 years at the most I think. After that point he would enter the public domain in every country but the US anyway.
>>
>>16163758
It's 1987's version of Batman 66, late in his career.
Because if a Batman exists in the Power Rangers Universe, it's Adam West damnit!
>>
>>16164027
They won't adapt it man, just let it go
>>
>>16163948
Better than Hamilton, but still awful.
>>
>>16164051
I'd have no trouble seeing Batman 66 as part of the PRU.
>>
>>16165399
I want to see his BatZord. Surely all of his vehicules coming together.
>>
>>16116308
Well this pic is definitely funny in hindsight given the last cliffhanger.
>>
>Having Batman in the PR universe

Fuck. We've gone into the fan wank territory. These dumbasses know that not every god damn super hero has to be connected with Power Rangers? Just let PR be its own thing.
>>
>>16166249
It's a one-off mythology gag in a spin-off. Calm down.
>>
>>16166029
Not going to lie -- I am not looking forward to Camelot.
>>
So whats the state of power rangers right now?
>>
>>16167015
Pretending it was more coherent than it was during the Wilderness years between Space and Ninja Storm, hoping the normies who are being sold nostalgia don't find out they were just standalone seasons with no continuity.

The movie bombed but most of the non-movie stuff launched in 2016 and 2017 is going strong, is well recieved and regarded and the brand itself seems to have positive buzz.
Also; there seems ot be some real cultural traction behind "The movie was actually quite good as a film unlike other franchise blockbuster, it was just not worth seeing as Power Rangers." So that's dismal with a positive note.
>>
>>16167162
Agreed on the film. I enjoyed it enough to see twice in theaters, yet despite them training a good chunk of movie for it the final fight felt so odd and out of place.
In fact my sister lost her shit when the theme song kicked in during the Zords run, she couldnt stop laughing. It was fun.
>>
>>16166249
I just blame comics being comics
>>
>>16167702
Best pink.
>>
>>16167702
Lord have mercy.

Anyway, new thread: >>16168656

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.