[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: tAG_142803.jpg (163 KB, 790x843)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
Who's the best Gundam pilot?
Who has the most kills?
>>
>>16145397
Uso has a high kill count, doesn't he?
>>
>>16145397
do most kills take into account big ass beams and big explosive bombs?
>>
>>16145397
Amuro and Amuro
>>
>>16145401
char would win in that case
>>
File: destruction.gif (2.98 MB, 480x360)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB GIF
>>16145397
Amuro by far, i dont know about kill count, but in the ONY alone he did get a pretty high kill count
>>
Best pilot is Amuro and most kills is Trowa.
>>
Trowa has the highest on-screen kill count and it's all due to stock footage.
>>
Uso had a pretty high count iirc
Kira is pretty up there if you count disables
The wing boys probably have some high numbers too
>>
>>16145463
>>16145455
Actually I was wrong. It goes
Heero
Wufei
Trowa
Amuro
Uso
That was on the Gundam Ace score cards. Someone on /m/ went back and watched all the shows themselves and tallied the total kills and got

01. Trowa Barton: 157 kills between Gundam Wing and Endless Waltz.
02. Amuro Ray: 145 kills between MSG(TV), Zeta and CCA.
03. Uso Ebbing: 141 kills in Victory Gundam alone.
04. Heero Yuy: 133 kills between Gundam Wing and Endless Waltz.
05. Wufei Chang: 108 kills between Gundam Wing and Endless Waltz.
06. Quatre Winner: 105 kills between Gundam Wing and Endless Waltz.
07. Duo Maxwell: 100 kills between Gundam Wing and Endless Waltz.
08. Zechs Merquise: 99 kills between Gundam Wing and Endless Waltz.
09. Kira Yamato: 94 kills between Gundam SEED(TV) and Gundam SEED Destiny.
10. Shinn Asuka: 92 kills in Gundam SEED Destiny alone.

They only counted MS iirc while the official cards counted transports and things too. Kira's kills counted things he shot off multiple limbs, the head, the chest or were just rendered unable to fight due to losing all their weapons.
>>
>>16145489
nice autism
>>
>>16145489
holy shit
HEAVYARMS STRONK
>>
>>16145489
There was some guy that put all the clips of Kira's take downs on youtube, his count put him close to 180, but included non-ms too. I counted myself and while some of the burst shots are unclear, I got 166 ms on the low end.
>>
>>16145489
Should only count UC pilots honestly, no point counting super robot kills
>inb4 wing suits aren't super robots though!
They are not, but they're further from "almost real robot" than 0079 suits, like, a lot further
>>
>>16145573
Probably used a different criteria.
>>
>>16145489
should be noted that Uso's number didn't include the firing of the Keilas Guilie cannon on the Zanscare fleet (dozens of ships destroyed and several colonies damaged) and counted warships sunk on screen as single kills, which isn't something many gundam protags cam brag about.
>>
>>16145397
>>16145489
Not sure if going by kills alone is exactly the best way of measuring who is the best pilot.

I mean, pretty sure Domon in just Shining would kick the shit out of Heero in Wing or Amuro in Nu Gundam.
>>
>>16145489
Melee Gendum outskilled ranged powerhouse Gendum, I'm impressed.
>>
>>16145400
I think it was shown that he has the highest killcount of all UC protag and that isn't taking into account when he personally fires the big cannon at the enemy fleet. This alone killed probably thousands of people.
>>
>>16145489
i wonder if anyone's counted up all of Mikazuki's kills yet.
>>
>>16145489
if only mobile dolls counted as kills
>>
>>16145894
Why wouldn't they? Kills don't refers to actually killing the pilot but just shooting the vehicle anyway.
>>
>>16145397
Garrod and Tobia have some crazy skills. And both aren't newtypes.

>>16145712
Domon is a category in his own right. I mean, he launched a skyscraper at one point (OK, Master Asia helped him in this, but it still counts).
>>
File: physalis bazooka.webm (572 KB, 365x274)
572 KB
572 KB WEBM
>>16145397
Probably Gato.

Nuking the Federation fleet likely killed thousands of crew members all at once.
>>
>>16145956
Small fry compared to the shit uso did
>>
File: Being human.png (982 KB, 782x1429)
982 KB
982 KB PNG
>>16145948
>Garrod and Tobia have some crazy skills. And both aren't newtypes.
No, Tobia is a newtype, but he doesn't like the baggage the term has, so he deflects by declaring that he's human and that's all that matters.
>>
>>16145894
>>16145898

do sleeping soldiers count?
>>
>>16146028
>And then he cuts himself and lubricates the girl with his own blood to get a point across.

But yeah, at this point he was still awakening as a newtype.

And yeah, he doesn't give a damn about it.
>>
>>16145712
>Domon could beat Amuro in Nu
Nah, iirc Shining and God never fought in space. Even with Shounen fuckery, Nu is too stronk. Pushing Axis out of orbit is a bigger feat than beating Devil Gundam with the Sekiha Love Love Tenkyoken. Plus funnels. Unless Domon gets Nobel Gundam as backup.
>>
>>16146202

Pushing Nu is not something it's capable of it's own. The only reason it could do that was because it's psycoframe resonated with that of the Sazabi using the willpower of all the people in the area (possibly in the world, depending on source; though that's bullshit to my mind). Unless you are theorizing the Nu constantly carries around the Sazabi and at least a couple of thousand people all concentrating on hoping for it to win it's not going to be capable of doing that.
>>
>>16146233
Unless Nu needs to push an asteroid out of orbit to beat Shining then it's no big deal. Even if it can't hit the power level it did by adding in psychoframe material from another suit, it still outclasses a mobile fighter. If it was one of Amuro's other suits, then yeah, Shining or God would take the easy W, but Nu was the beginning of psychoframe hax.
>>
Kira yamato is the best pilot
>>
>>16146238

Nu doesn't do anything particularly hax aside from push Axis. The pyscoframe is not inherently capable of altering reality any time, any where, any when and needs high concentrations of material and willpower to do those kinds of things. Nu doesn't have enough to do anything on it's own from what we know. Amuro is a really good pilot and definitely proves it in Char's Counterattack, but there's nothing saying the Nu is so good that it outclasses mobile fighters which can and do fight in space during the finale of G. Unless you're saying that all the other Mobile Fighters, including start of show suits can fight in space but Shining for some reason can't simply because it didn't happen in the show?
>>
>>16146257
So on one hand, we are to believe that Shining can do something that was not shown in the show, and on the other, we are to disregard something because Nu was not shown doing it in the show

Alright, I'll do you the favor of not responding, take the final insult my friend, it's all yours :)
>>
>>16146263

No, we take the word of both shows. Multiple mobile fighters, in to the dozens, fight in space in the finale and there's no reason given that any of them would be unable to beyond that they're incapable of reaching space under their own power while Char's Counterattack says that psycoframes do things like push Axis by resonating under concentrated human will power.
>>
>>16146009
Uso only had 141 confirmed kills.
>>
>>16146323
It doesn't take into account the time where he blew up a whole fleet with the stolen gun because you couldn't see the individual deaths, but no way those don't count in the thousands, considering how many ships they were.
>>
>>16146405

I'm not sure how that compares to the GP-02's nuke since I haven't seen it's after effects in years but here's the scene regardless.
>>
File: mpv-shot0001.jpg (189 KB, 1440x1080)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>16146263
>>16146257
Confirmed for not watching G at all.

Shining Gundam fought in space all the way back in episode 5 in its Super Mode debut.
>>
>>16146503

> Confirmed for not remembering G

The distinction is important. Regardless, having just checked it's episode 6 not episode 5.
>>
You don't count individual deaths. 1 ship=1 kill. It doesn't matter if there are 1000 people on the ship.
>>
>>16146511
>I was wrong so I shall now nitpick!
Amazing.
>>
>>16146641

What nitpick? Correcting him on the episode? That's just informing him or anyone else who wants to check it themselves. If you think that's nitpicking, you have issues.
>>
What about Banagher? He never lost a fight, he was OP.
>>
>>16147444
No, the Unicorn was OP. Banana was a mediocre pilot and a weak newtype who's main job was making it move. Give that thing to Amuro, Kamille, or Judau and you'd get a truly horrifying killing machine.
>>
File: efa9e22d.jpg (860 KB, 1800x1400)
860 KB
860 KB JPG
Uso is the most versatile and talented pilot, in my opinion. His MS-acrobatics border on ridiculous.
>>
File: 1498232399843.webm (2.8 MB, 704x480)
2.8 MB
2.8 MB WEBM
>>16147488
Usso is magic.
>>
>>16145489
>>16145558
>all those kills
Step aside, Duo and everyone else. There’s a new “God of Death” in town
>>
>>16146035
Are you refering to that time when’s Wufei straight up does some ISIS shit and then proceeds to fuck Noin’s shit up with the funny sexist remarks?

If so then yes.
>>
>>16145489
>Heero
>133 confirmed kills
Did you count the girl and her dog?
>>
>>16145489
I’m surprised /m/‘s favorite autist Kamille isn’t on this list
Also, where’s a list with the LOWEST counts?
>>
>>16147466
Would anyone survive if early-zeta autistic rage Kamille gundam-jacked the Unicorn instead of the MK II?
>>
>>16147598
Assuming things progress as normal after the hijack? The massacre that happens after the death of his mom would be the stuff of legends.
>>
>>16145397
Most kills will be Turn A original pilot.
>>
>>16146172
What's the point? I don't get it.
>>
>>16146202
>God never fought in space

Retard
>>
>>16145712
Eh, shining is more on par with Zeta or ZZ. I’d say God has a much better chance against Nu
>>
>>16147598

Well the Unicorn would be locked with a bio-signature, so he wouldn't be able to use it. Even if he could because the lock wasn't placed though it'd just take him over when he went super newtype, rampage against other suits for a few minutes and then shut down after wearing him out because he's not used to it. So, probably not that different from Banana's first time honestly.
>>
>>16145397
Uso did the most
>>
>>16145397
Amuro is the BEST gundam pilot of all time no doubt aboot that.

And Uso probably has the highest body count when he one shot the whole Zanscare Fleet with his V2 Gundam
>>
>>16147720
Symbolism. The point he was trying to make was that he was no more or less human than anyone else, in a fashion that would shock her 'refined' sensibilities and get his message to stick.
>>
>>16145489
Trowa proving that skill means nothing next to having all the bullets.
>>
>>16148869
>Virgos mysteriously not having their shields up against the one Gundam they can totally shut out and exploit the weakness of

It's as retarded as those Aries pilots who decided that the best thing to do once the Heavyarms ran out of ammunition was to get up close in range of the only weapon it had left. It's not like the fucking Aries can do anything better up close either. OZ "Specials" indeed.
>>
>>16148876
Trowa never really destroys Virgo II with Heavyarms. In fact, he can't hit them in 44 and they dodge around his shots and one blows off one of Heavyarms arms. He is only able to start taking them down when Dorothy takes over the system and gets overwhelmed and outplayed by Quatre.
>>
>>16148987
Trowa blows up a bunch of Virgos while fighting inside of Libra

I don't quite remember Dorothy being overwhelmed by Quatre, I just know they had a moment during a large scale space battle where they recognized that the other was using the Zero system. And during the fencing duel they had in Libra's MD control, Quatre was on the defensive the entire time.
>>
>>16148876
>It's as retarded as those Aries pilots who decided that the best thing to do once the Heavyarms ran out of ammunition was to get up close in range of the only weapon it had left.

Every time I think I hate Gundam Wing I'm reminded of little nuggets of insanity like this.
>>
File: ariesknifed.gif (450 KB, 450x297)
450 KB
450 KB GIF
>>16148987
He should do more of those close range acrobatic shit
>>
>>16149072
That's the very end of the series in close quarters. Dorothy got overwhelmed by the Zero System in 44 when she was controlling them. Before that everyone remarked that the Virgo II seemed to have new programs/systems installed because of how good they were. They were even using Taurus stock footage when flying around and separating. 44 had 2 battles. The first one when Noin remarked on the Mobile Dolls systems and Heavyarms got beaten up. Then the second when Dorothy controlled them and got overwhelmed.
>>
File: chad barton.jpg (102 KB, 1440x1072)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>16145558
he could probably beat up the other gundam protags
>>
>>16149098
>SPACED.gif
>>
>>16149809
>ARMED.jpg*
>>
>>16148987
if only Trowa could upgrade to the Vayete somehow
>>
>>16145400
He has the highest onscreen kill count, with a lead by the hundreds IIRC. There was a Nicovideo showing all of the kills years ago but I think it got deleted.
>>
>>16149845
Isn't he like the youngest pilot?
>>
>>16149847
He was until Kio, who is the same age, so I guess he's still the youngest.
>>
>>16145489
>Kira's kills counted things he shot off multiple limbs, the head, the chest or were just rendered unable to fight due to losing all their weapons.
Huh, I've seen this list multiple times, but this is the first time I've seen someone add the 'disables were counted too' qualifier for Kira. Thanks anon.
>>
>>16147720
The girl was one of those people who put newtypes on a pedestal about how they're above this or more important than that. She basically sold out all his friends and was saving just him because he was a fellow newtype and needed to be preserved or some crap. His point in return is that special abilities or not he's still a person and goes back to help his friends. Later on he writes her a letter about his own views on newtypes, saying its a mistake to think of them as some grand next level of humanity and that they're just people adapting to new environments and challenges.
>>
>>16147574
Wouldn't Loran be on the lowest count?
>>
>>16152371

Loran has two kills if I recall, one being an accident and meant to disarm but actually kills and the other being when he kills the pilot of a Zssan since he doesn't have the weapons or capacity to disable him using a core fighter. If disables count like with Kira he'd presumably have a good bit more though. He's still probably on the low end, but I've no idea how low off hand.
>>
If you want to get technical...but in this case it was mostly because of his fuck up, Jamil. About 18 billion.
>>
>>16145397

Kira
i
r
a
>>
>>16145558
Remember friendly fire wasn't included.
>>
>>16145397
Kira and Quatre, respectively
>>
>>16152407
>>16152440
Kira has amazing raw ability, but he struggles with unusual or outside-the-box tactics once he gets the Freedom. Against an ace in an near equal machine who routinely pulls those feats (Uso, Amuro, etc), Kira will be off balance and at a disadvantage unless he can drag the fight out long enough to adapt.
Even within CE alone, I'd argue motivated!Athrun is better.
>>
>>16152382
It'll have to be one of the lower end of kill counts considering there wasn't that much mecha action overall in Turn-A and Loran's reluctance to jump the gun when things start going wrong.
>>
>>16152382
Domon only killed Swartz, Kyoji, and Master Asia I believe.
>>
>>16152940
>Kira has amazing raw ability
No, he really doesn't. Of SEED protags Shinnn hs more potential and demonstrated skill when not handed the retardball, while Kira is very much carried by his machines. And that's not to knock Kira, he does a very good job with what he gets but he's the type who would rather have a macro for everything rather than play a game.
>>
>>16153047
From a practical point of view, macros for commonly used moves and functions make sense. They just suck in SEED, because
(a) apparently Kira is the only person in the entire AU to figure out how to use and program them, which makes him look like a special snowflake
(b) it contributes to the Jesus McAimbot beamspam shit he pulls with the Freedom

(a) in particular is a big problem with CE in general, as despite the first half of SEED hammering home the point 'Coordinators > Naturals', Kira is the only person shown to consistently be better than anyone else. All the other Coordinators are just Naturals IN SPACE with unusual hair and eye colors. Then you get to Destiny, and see stupid shit like one of the top students from ZAFT's military academy not being able to fire a handgun properly.
>>
>>16153047

Kira seemed to be doing well and starting to operate beyond the intended abilities of the Strike by the later arcs of the first half. Once he got Freedom the choreography went to shit and he mostly threw the same set of beams with no real creativity to show for it.
>>
>>16153153
The worst part was when, while fighting the druggies, all he seemed to do was fire beams AT THE MOBILE SUIT THAT COULD DEFLECT BEAMS.
>>
>>16153193

The Druggies were powered by pure plot armor. Several times Kira and Athrun passed up kill shots for no real reason beyond they needed the Druggies to last until the finale.
>>
>>16153207
And then two of them die to Yzak, because he didn't give a fuck when their drugs ran out.
In hindsight, SEED's last ten episodes were pretty lackluster outside of Rau's shenanigans.
>>
>>16145463
I don't have a problem with this.
>>
>>16153351
>>16145463
I mean, at least it's well animated stock footage. It's not like it briefly transforms into a different mobile suit between frames.
>>
I like how part of this thread went from kill counts to powerlevel faggotry in an instant.
>>
>>16153366
To be fair, OP's questions were asking for both.
>>
>>16153010

I just skimmed the first 5 episodes out of curiosity and he's got 3 disables, being generous. And I'd be reluctant to call 2 of them even disables, since Poe's WaDom was still capable of continued combat in those instances, but she retreated in one case due to surprise and in the other because of orders. The only one that might count is when he literally picks up a WaD and shakes it until the pilots get out.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.