[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 3493.jpg (171 KB, 1024x685)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
I think one thing that's made me grow to appreciate the federation is the fact that none of their ace pilots bother with ridiculous livery on their mobile suits to make themselves look "cool". It's a testament to how realistically nobody is going to give a shit what color your suit is, Either shoot them or get shot yourself. and while a lot of people hate on the feddie "parade" colors (AKA:America), it still beats any zeon pilot with a name and a face needing to announce themselves by painting their special zaku or gouf in whatever color scheme hasn't been claimed already.
>>
>>16148043

Well, yeah. It's why I love the GM: While Zeon made a ridiculous amount of one-of-a-kind superweapons, the Federation just went "Huh, the GM is pretty good. And we've got Gundams for the heavy stuff."
>>
GM C-Type is the best GM.
>>
File: richthofen.jpg (35 KB, 614x495)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>16148043
>realistically nobody is going to give a shit what color your *insert vehicle of war* is
>>
File: bf12ec1a.jpg (313 KB, 1210x813)
313 KB
313 KB JPG
I agree; one of the things I like most about the Federation is that they're the status quo guys. They may not be the "good" guys or what have you, but ultimately they're trying to keep the peace and maintain order, even though it's an inglorious job.
>>
File: Hi-Nu_Gundam.png (679 KB, 1059x701)
679 KB
679 KB PNG
>>16148043
>>
File: Gm-cold-morishita_19.jpg (101 KB, 640x466)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>16148047
Not just superweapons, but literally any zeon pilot who has made a name for themselves painting their zaku in bizarre colors and calling themselves some goofy nomme de plume. Guys like Gato or Johnny Ridden or even Shin Matsunaga are lucky they're characters in a giant robot anime. Otherwise egotistical shit like that would get them killed.
>>
>>16148057
We're fighting modern Universal Century war here, none of your medieval bullshit! I wonder what\s the matter with zeeks and their fascination of the way of middle ages.
>>
File: 1497727347306.jpg (120 KB, 623x414)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>16148077
>yfw zeekfags are the gundam equivalent of 40k fans who make their own speshal spess muhreen chapters
>>
>>16148058

I kind of wish there'd been someone on the Federation side at some point willing to speak to their own ideals, because while Zeon stood for Spacenoid Independence (at least in theory), the Federation in theory stood for the equality and unity of humanity along with the status quo.

>>16148062

Federation soldiers, at least in side material tend to go more for squad colors while Zeon guys go for personal colors. I suppose that could be used to say something about the mentality of the people in each side, but I doubt that was the intended result even if it kind of lines up.
>>
>>16148062
t.first grunt to die
>>
>>16148166
>I kind of wish there'd been someone on the Federation side at some point willing to speak to their own ideals

Pretty sure pic related is who you're thinking of. Even if his development from hating zeon to pacifist route only came about because he wanted to bang a girl.
>>
File: 17-monsha.jpg (13 KB, 301x227)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>16148204
>Implying you have a better chance of survival
>>
>>16148206

That was careless wording on my part I guess. Shiro spoke to his own, personal ideals that have nothing to do with the Federation as far as I can remember, rather than enunciating the Federation's ideals.
>>
File: average GM pilot.jpg (423 KB, 960x720)
423 KB
423 KB JPG
>>16148043
>I think one thing that's made me grow to appreciate the federation is the fact that none of their ace pilots bother with ridiculous livery on their mobile suits to make themselves look "cool".
There isn't much need to distinguish yourself when your estimated combat lifespan is about 3 minutes.
>>
>>16148062
>Otherwise egotistical shit like that would get them killed.

Fucking this. One thing I'd love to see happen in Gundam just once is when the enemy Ace shows up in his custom Mobile Suit decked out in his loud, bright custom colors, he's almost immediately pasted as every Feddie unit focuses their fire on him, because he basically announced himself to everyone on the battlefield that's he's an important target. There's a reason why in real life officers don't wear their rank insignia when out in the open.
>>
>>16148166
>>16148206
>>16148210
I think that this speaks to the hollow claim of legitimate human leadership which the EF makes, seeing as there was no shortage of passionate idealistic spacenoids. The EF rose to de facto control all of humanity through their monopolization of power and their amassing of wealth, and when the weak philosophical grip of their claim to leadership weakens as the spacenoids become further alienated and capable of serving their own needs rather than relying on the EF, the EF must then reap what they sow (something the EF does a terrible job at resolving seeing as they let the situation explode in everyone's faces). But hey, why confront the issues of imperial leadership with national rejuvenation and transformation when you can expend billions of lives to crush the natural ambitions of the disaffected and keep up the status quo of your simple "might makes right" claim to power? Sounds a bit like justifying the means of leadership with the ends. Something like "power for the sake of power" and not "power for the sake of human dignity", or something along those lines.

At any rate, food for thought.

Sieg Zeon{/spoiler]
>>
>>16148062
>>16148251
The point of pilots is that they are the most fucking egotisticals branch in the armed forces

Pic related:
>By this time, the Soviet pilots were familiar with Hartmann's radio call sign of Karaya 1, and the Soviet Command had put a price of 10,000 rubles on the German pilot's head. Hartmann, for a time, used a black tulip design around the engine cowling near the spinner of his aircraft, so Soviet personnel consequently nicknamed him Cherniy Chort ("Black Devil"). However, Hartmann's opponents were often reluctant to stay and fight if they noticed his personal design. As a result, this aircraft was often allocated to novices, who could fly it in relative safety. On 21 March, it was Hartmann who scored JG 52's 3,500th victory of the war. Adversely, the reluctance of the Soviet airmen to fight caused Hartmann's kill rate to drop. Hartmann then had the tulip design removed, and his aircraft painted just like the rest of his unit. Consequently, in the following two months, Hartmann amassed over 50 victories.

And the best Zeonic and war Ace had no custom colors, Breniff Oguz always used production colors.

>Mobile Suit decked out in his loud, bright custom colors.
So like every Gundam?
>>
File: GM-destroys-RickDom.jpg (32 KB, 640x480)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>16148214
Speak for yourself.
>>
We get it. Feddies are boring assholes.
>>
>>16148062
Aren't Ace pilots in real life known to paint their planes?
>>
>>16148290
Look at this wannabe intellectual lads.

First of all. One literally who doesn't dispute my claim that no matter what, zeeks tend to think highly of themselves and paint their shit in whatever color hasn't been claimed by someone else. Not even when the enemy knows their livery and to shoot for them first. Second of all the fact that Gundams in-universe are stronger and faster than anything else fielded justifies the parade colors.

Nice try at attempting to be smug though.
>>
>>16148266
Well every time those passionate idealistic spacenoids get a little bit of power and every time colonies get granted a bit of independance they tend to go fucking insane and start mass murdering everything around them.
>>
>>16148308
Most of the times it is more about insignias and maybe 1 or 2 colors in the tail or some light stuff like that, because they still have to use the camouflage or standard colors.

Since camouflage isn't a thing in Gundam because minovsky and huge robots they customize its stuff like in the WW1
>>
>>16148043
they dont paint their gm's cause they only use em for thirty seconds a day for some minor practice and then they get to fly them in actual combat for about 7 minutes before being slaughtered.
>>
>>16148266
>power for the sake of human dignity

Last time I checked it was Zeon who started it by gassing a colony and punching a hole into Australia with it despite already having their independence. Where was their human dignity then?

>>16148300
and zeeks are delusional space nazis only concerned with "Getting what's yours, fuck everyone else" and no real long term goal afterwards. What's your point?
>>
>>16148318
Have you considered that because the Federation suppresses all peaceful negotiations and economic avenues for the colonies independence, the only spacenoids that will successfully rebel are the fanatic killers?

Id honestly be tempted to say that the Federation elite likes that Zeon exists because it makes a perfect pressure valve for public tension. A perfect villain for them to play the hero against, something useful considering their is no hard national boundaries anymore and classic power through the fear of the "other" on Earth is not really possible.
I would do this if the Federation did not continuously act incompetent and corrupt more than anything else.
>>
>>16148316
but i wans't trying to be a wannabe intellectual or smug, just that there is retarded people enough to use "parade colors" or stuff that make them stand more in real life, pilots have fucking huge egos and there is a ton of stuff that is on par with Gundams in UC.

The actual reason why Feds aces don't use bright colors scheme is because a huge percent of writers always talk about aces zeek shits and faps with Axis stuff from the WW2 and most of the times a Feds aces appear they use Gundams or one of a kind stuff like G-Lines, the few customs GM use darkers colors though compared with they natural brighter colors.

So actually Feds aces are more intelligent since they always drop the white+bright colors scheme of the 90% of the EF suits.
>>
File: 1382688430767.gif (2 MB, 240x135)
2 MB
2 MB GIF
>Zeeks trying to act tough and shit on GMs.

Shouldn't you guys be painting your flying coffins in your personal hello kitty colors?
>>
>>16148341
>Have you considered that because the Federation suppresses all peaceful negotiations and economic avenues for the colonies independence, the only spacenoids that will successfully rebel are the fanatic killers?

They let zeon go independant peacefully though. And side 6. Zeon then killed all their neighbors as the opening act to a war that killed half of humanity. The Jupiter colonies were independant from the start and they continued to dick with the Earthsphere for decades and depending on how you view crossbones relevance went full crazy and tried to wipe out the entire earth. Zanscar basically was allowed to grow unnapossed even after taking over a colony because the EF was so lax with colonies by late UC and from there they too started taking over everything around them and even killing their own civilians with medieval execution equipment.

You give spacenoids an inch and they take two miles, the gas station down the street, a school across from the gas station, and then blow up the gas station hoping that the debris and fire hits the school.

Living in space seems to make people crazy in UC.
>>
File: please.jpg (58 KB, 500x375)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>it's another spacebait thread
>>>/titan/
Don't you landlocked fucks have anything better to do than circlejerk over your GMs and try to get a rise out of people like me?
>>
>>16148251
Doesn't that happen in the second half of Igloo? During A Bao Qu I think, isn't there a black zaku that speeds out all cocky and gets taken out by a bunch of GMs?
>>
>>16148290
Was Hartmann the real life Mobius 1?
>>
>>16148251
The red baron basically did the same autistic red shtick as char and neither got pasted for a good while
>>
>>16148401
See >>16148359
>>
File: Rgm-79c-powered.jpg (48 KB, 270x400)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>16148047
>Huh, the GM is pretty good.
>What else can we do with it?
>Let's get some madmen and trick a few of them out with giant backpacks and some shock absorbers and see what happens.
>>
>>16148371

>They let zeon go independant peacefully though. And side 6. Zeon then killed all their neighbors as the opening act to a war that killed half of humanity.

Uh what? Zeon is quite literally told to be fighting a war of Independence from the EF in like the first thirty seconds of 0079 Gundam ep1, the Federation did not give them independence in the 0060's when they were doing so peacefully and politically before they had built up a military, the Federation did not do it in the next eleven years. They were negotiating right up until the first shots were fired in the one year war.

>The Jupiter colonies were independant from the start and they continued to dick with the Earthsphere for decades

Boy i wonder why a major resource supplier would be given lenience in regards to administration of a group at best 365 million miles from the Earth

>and depending on how you view crossbones relevance went full crazy and tried to wipe out the entire earth. Zanscar basically was allowed to grow unnapossed even after taking over a colony because the EF was so lax with colonies by late UC and from there they too started taking over everything around them and even killing their own civilians with medieval execution equipment.

You do know that the Zanscar's military branch was directly a shoot off of the Federations SNRI?

I think
>Spacenoids are crazy
Is a laughable explanation. Here let me give you a counter argument:

>Dont colonise a region with superior resources and then try to control them with unequal food and resource policies without expecting them to use all those resources to build weapons to shoot you.

Besides im sure were it not for the Federations strangle hold on the Earth you'g have splinter movements there as well. Arguably the most interesting thing in Thunderbolt is the South Seas Alliance as a fracturing group situated on Earth.
>>
File: Gmjuggler.jpg (39 KB, 494x600)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>16148441
>We have Balls
>We have Jims

What if?
>>
>>16148441
That's honestly Katoki's fault, not the Federations.
>>
>>16148465
Not knocking on katoki GMs.
It's just amusing thinking about the In-universe reasons behind certain GM designs.
>>
>>16148077
I think that's the thing. A lot of Zeons romanticize the fighting and their place in it, seeing themselves as space knights.

Federation soldiers on the other hand are just that, soldiers.
>>
>>16148372
Armruo has fucked up your shit multiple times shut up red faggot
>>
>>16148461
I see some Feddie engineer was jonesing for a promotion.
>>
>>16148441
they were testing enhanced equipment that would be used on later models like the GP-01. putting new parts on older equipment for testing is completely normal and way cheaper than building something from scratch to test one part.
>>
>>16148447
>Uh what? Zeon is quite literally told to be fighting a war of Independence from the EF in like the first thirty seconds of 0079 Gundam ep1, the Federation did not give them independence in the 0060's when they were doing so peacefully and politically before they had built up a military, the Federation did not do it in the next eleven years.
The Federation doesn't recognize Side 3 as still being its own property and land, and have not had any military or political control or presence at Side 3 in decades. The Federation see them as a rogue state of sorts. At best the Federation and Zeon have stressed relations and at worst it's a cold war where both sides started building up arms.

> They were negotiating right up until the first shots were fired in the one year war.
I don't think that was the case at all. What source says they were still negotiating?

>You do know that the Zanscar's military branch was directly a shoot off of the Federations SNRI?
What does that even have to do with Zanscare's position of spacenoid independence?
>>
>>16148447
You have to maintain tight control over people who live in space, though. As the colony drops so adequately show, someone outside of a gravity well can do terrifying damage to those within the gravity well. You can't let people just fly around willy-nilly up there, even if they don't want to kill you they could still do it by accident during engineering projects. It's an assholish thing to do, but also necessary. No planet-bound society can be safe if it does not control its orbitals. Which yes, does mean that Contolism is completely right, but for reasons other than those Zeon Zum Deikun said. "Everyone should move to space to make sure there's no one left around to be hit by a colony drop" doesn't really sell as well.
>>
>>16148447
>Uh what? Zeon is quite literally told to be fighting a war of Independence from the EF in like the first thirty seconds of 0079 Gundam ep1

Zeon was already an independent state (under heavy sanctins), in the OYW they justified their actions claiming they were fighting for all spacenoid independence; though that was clearly a farce when they started nuking colonies and invaded the Earth for natural resources. it was clearly a power grab run by megalomaniacs and nobody in the Zeon military seemed to realize that.
>>
>>16148553
Those who collapse their climate on Earth and dont want to fix it but instead ship everyone into near earth massive colonies should perhaps be considered to have brought this problem on themselves
>>
>>16148043
My favorite Jim right there. Love the head, gun, and color scheme.
>>
>>16148581
Because they saved all the people by putting them into hermetically sealed, clean recreations of Earth's environment while they stayed behind on the decaying Earth?
>>
>>16148060
Silly Zeke. A subtly coloured, intimidating ace custom Gundam piloted by the one and only Amuro's Ray that instantly give 35% of your enemies vomit inducing PTSD attacks is a good thing. On the other hand, there are so many official Zeonic "aces" (who are really just veterans) whenever a Freddy see one on the battlefield, he'll just be a little more careful and fight even harder.
>>
>tfw you would paint your GM for the hell of it
>>
>>16148587
Hey you can call it a prison or you can call it a paradise, either way they did it and perhaps should have been aware of the issues of them bringing em back from space
>>
>>16148447
They were fighting (or claimed to be) for SPACENOID independance, not side 3's independance. It was essentially already independant (just under a trade embargo) and when shortly afterwards side 6 declared independence the EF ended up letting them go on relatively friendly terms because they didn't want to stir up both them and side 3 and start a full blown war. Why do you think side 6 was allowed to remain nuetral during the oyw?(although they ended up siding with the EF in the end after zeon went full crazy with the gassings, drops, and whole master race thing).

Also, while BESPA did indeed evolve out of a former branch of SNRI, they were reformed mostly with zanscar cult members and zanscar was led primarily by a man from the Jupiter Energy Fleet named Fonse Kagati who was behind most of the fucked up stuff they did (the queen effectively became a figurehead).
>>
>>16148623
They were. That's why they maintained such tight control over the colonies. They realized there was going to be a problem, took steps to avoid it, and then someone invented giant robots and invalidated all their preparations.
>>
File: kamillestraw.gif (192 KB, 320x240)
192 KB
192 KB GIF
you faggots are just having your souls weighed down by gravity
just because you grunts are all treated as one in the same, and dont get any praise for doing good doesn't mean you should talk trash about us superior spacenoids,
fuck off feddie scum
>>
Well if you're gonna die, its best to die looking like a badass rather than looking like a fag.

Hence char's explanation to the tristars of why he wears his officer uniform when piloting and not his flight suit in origin.
>>
File: 186337.jpg (138 KB, 1050x700)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>16148441
Honestly not too different from the kinds of aerospace experiments and testbeds in the post WW2/Cold War era
>>
>>16148411

planes are a little different because you don't really get close enough to see or take notice of what it looks like in aerial combat. there is a lot of distance between two dogfighting aircraft.
>>
>>16148043

to be fair the Gundams are all basically ostentatious Ace suits. they might stick to tradition in their paint jobs but that Samurai helm look exists pretty much to make the enemy shit themselves....which was the purpose of actual Samurai helms now that I think about it.
>>
>>16148776
>in origin
He said it in 0079 first, if you'd bother to watch it and not the waste if time that is origin
>>
>>16148805
Not in WWI where you were pretty much on top of each other and sometimes even resorting to trading shots with pistols.
>>
>>16148496
Aqua GM is Izubuchi's from the 0080 days. Katoki only slightly redid it to his own proportions for the Corn.
>>
File: piloting gms like.jpg (84 KB, 600x1151)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>be me, a humble feddie grunt
>have the brilliant idea of painting my Jim in custom colors to draw enemy fire
>tfw you have the life expectancy of mere minutes so you decide to act like what is effectively a giant neon sign that reads "SHOOT ME"
>>
>>16148856
Nani the fuck? It's from Okawara's M-MSV

>>16148805
>he thinks WWI planes fought at longer ranges than in FUCKING SPACE
Have you been properly certified as a retard yet?

>>16148251
It doesn't matter. A red or blue or black mobile suit doesn't stick out in space any more or less than a green one, especially when there's no standard colours for Zeon mobile suits anyways. Most of the time you'd just be shooting at thruster lights anyways.
>>
>>16148601
>Subtly colored
>White and purple in space
>>
>>16148043
>realistically nobody is going to give a shit what color your suit is
There was that one guy in Evolve that was mad as fuck that they made his Zeta yellow because he was supposed to be "Grey Wolf".
>>
>>16149161
Hey Shin you're a respected ace that we totally had as our first pick.

Here's a suit that's clearly for Char.
>>
>>16148447
>the Federation did not give them independence in the 0060's when they were doing so peacefully and politically before they had built up a military, the Federation did not do it in the next eleven years. They were negotiating right up until the first shots were fired in the one year war.
Um....no.
Munzo was already autonomous when it became the Republic Of Zeon. The military build-up happened after Deikun's death when the Zabis took over and it became the Principality/Duchy of Zeon. What happened with the Republic was basically the Federation saying "Okay, you're independent, have fun with that. By the way, we still control all the other Sides and we're going to tell them not to trade with you."

Then the Zabis took control and twisted the message from "Earth shouldn't tell the colonies what to do" to "Colonies should tell Earth what to do" and when all the other colonies said that they'd side with the EF if there was a war, it became "Zeon (the Zabis) should tell EVERYONE what to do" with the goal of removing the earth-based government and replacing it with a Zeon-based government. It wasn't a war for the independence of Zeon, it was a war for independence from Earth (with "indepencence from Earth" defined as "destroy the EF government and follow the Zabis instead").
>>
>>16148447
Typical Zeke-speak.
>>
File: 1500074260868.png (708 KB, 1401x1002)
708 KB
708 KB PNG
>>16148214
>GM Cold Types never fire their grenade launchers
>>
>>16148266

The problem with that idea is that the Zeon leadership was just as hollow and illegitimate as the EF leadership, and yet their remnants are full of people willing to eulogize Zeon endlessly.

>>16148341

I don't recall any instance of the Federation suppressing peaceful negotiations. Something that doesn't make sense anyway given that Side 6 is independent and neutral from both factions in 0079. And not only are they independent but both sides are terrified of violating that neutrality and none of them are willing to do so despite having obvious desire. Side 6 was obviously respected even if not liked for their policies. That's been slightly changed over the years with 0080 implying the neutrality was only a front and Zeon talking about how they only tolerate the neutrality because it doesn't inconvenience them but that was obviously not the original case.

As to economics, there's nothing about that in animation at all that I recall and it's mostly fluff that over the years indicated that the Federation sanctioned Side 3 for years despite the entire point of the Sides being that they be self sufficient.

What makes even less sense is that while the Federation is lazy and corrupt they're not actually that dismissive of human life and not only did they pay for and build dozens of space colonies pre-0079 but they rebuilt them between 0080 and 0086s given that all but two Sides were destroyed during the One Year War so there couldn't be enough to just move some around to make new Sides with making those Sides a ghost of their former selves. And they certainly never look that. And then used the money made selling Axis for welfare. The Federation has it's faults, but it seems more than willing to help house people, even if only for ultimately selfish reasons.
>>
The willingness to house people in conjunction with Side 6's independence doesn't sound like a crowd that would suppress all peaceful negotiation frankly. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the EF are perfect; only that their leaders are not imperfect for the reasons listed and are mostly just portrayed as lazy and personally corrupt (somewhat like the Zabis) and not because they are oppressive.

>>16148447

All the opening 30 seconds of 0079 establishes is that Zeon started a war for independence, not that they had ever tried other methods for independence prior to the war.

>>16148577

That's probably because a lot of that is stuff added in using games, manga etc. over the years since 0079 aired and isn't in the show itself. There's nothing about them already being independent or that they were under sanctions in the show for instance. In show they started a war for independence and then invaded Earth after the war started, and Gihren mentions Spacenoids only during his speech at Garma's funeral and it isn't implied to be something notably central to their entire effort.

>>16148825

His explanation in 0079 is that he doesn't think he's going to die or doesn't want to put himself in the headspace of someone who could die essentially? Is that what he says in Origin too (haven't read/seen it)?
>>
>>16149829

Hidden blessing, really, the shot would probably somehow penetrate a friendly GM and explode the torso of another one nearby.
>>
God bless the man who made this.
>>
>>16148441
>>Let's get some madmen and trick a few of them out with giant backpacks and some shock absorbers and see what happens.

They...acquire a lot of useful data while also producing an above-average variant?
>>
>>16150143
>And not only are they independent but both sides are terrified of violating that neutrality and none of them are willing to do so despite having obvious desire.
But the Federation does exactly that (with Side 6's permission, mind you.)
>>
>>16150529

My point was that they didn't in 0079, with a further note that 0080 changed that. That doesn't entirely nullify the respect both sides had for Side 6's neutrality though.
>>
File: Gundampixieslave.png (768 KB, 748x1380)
768 KB
768 KB PNG
>>16148043
>is the fact that none of their ace pilots bother with ridiculous livery on their mobile suits to make themselves look "cool".
They do; the suits are usually just more higher-end than the average GM and typically, but not exclusively, bear the name "Gundam."
>>
>>16150542

To be fair, most Gundam pilots don't get to pick their colors. I think Amuro might be one of the few that might have, and that was only for his second Gundam. Flit and Asemu are the only others I can think of who could.
>>
File: 0 (7).jpg (155 KB, 1280x855)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
I think the only time it can be considered applicable is if it's with a militia or any armed force not affiliated with an official government. Because even if the AEUG/Karaba are full of ex-feddie/zeon pilots, there's nothing really stopping any of them from doing their own thing.
>>
>>16148895

>thinks space combat involves greater distances than air combat

I don't know about you bro but I've never seen two airplanes get up in each others faces crossing swords. might want to be more cautious calling people retarded when it seems like you don't even watch the shows you talk about.
>>
>>16151039
In Gundam anime ramming is the most effective means of aircraft attack, the fuck is your point?
>>
File: Gabriel-zola.jpg (177 KB, 302x831)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>16150837
>zeon pilots
There were a grand total of two ex-zeon pilots in AEUG; Char Aznable (who was a Zeon pilot officially, but had an allegience only to himself) and Gabriel Zola...four if you count CDA as canon (which you shouldn't, because CDA actually leads into Zeta Define specifically and it's applicability to Zeta proper is questionable at best.)

The AEUG was pretty much almost exclusively Federation pilots with some civilians mixed in.
>>
File: hey.png (37 KB, 300x300)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
GM C is the only one for me
>>
File: mITKTFA.gif (976 KB, 300x168)
976 KB
976 KB GIF
>>16151039
>>
>>16148214
>>16151697
Ayyyy
>>
>>16151623
Roberto might be because at the very least he seems to be aware that Quattro's the Red Comet IIRC. When Quattro gets the Hyaku Shiki he makes some remark about Char's colors during the OYW. Apolly probably isn't since we see him wearing a feddie uniform at some point and he seems surprised to learn Quattro is actually A CHAR
>>
>>16148043
>It's a testament to how realistically nobody is going to give a shit what color your suit is,

aaaand stopped reading
>>
>>16151168

you call ruining your own ride and either suiciding yourself or needing rescuing effective? it's a draw at best
>>
>>16151168

in case you hadn't been following that guy is arguing about space battles being long distance, what you said actually contradicts this because ramming is the exact opposite of long distance. if two planes get too close they both die, mobile suits on the other hand physically meele eachother. in fact in most of the shows the battles happen very close together so both suits can be in the shot clashing unless someone is using a long range sniper cannon or something. hell mobile suits are equipped with Meele weapons under the expectation that there will be close combat. hell when all else fails you can always punch the other mobile suit. in WW1 planes they would get so close to each other sure, but at that distance the color of your plane doesn't matter too much because they are right there in front of you anyhow. in conventional areal combat the enemy will never get a good enough look at the shark face or pinup girl riding a bombshell you painted on your fuselage for it to matter much.
>>
>>16151755
They both literally left Axis with Char during the civil war there.
>>
>>16151975
Infantry carry knives and bayonets and are trained in hand to hand combat, that doesn't mean they spend every battle dueling terrorists.

Bringing up ramming doesn't contradict anything, it just shows that what happens with the main character in the shows isn't a remotely fucking realistic portrayal of normal combat even according to the rules of the setting. (it also so happens I can't even name off hand a single beam saber duel that happens in open space until 0083 anyways) You can look at it two ways. 1) These are still shows about unusual people doing unusual things, not random GM pilots. Minovsky tomfoolery only gets them close enough these things -might- happen, not that they always will happen. 2) These are cartoons and not remotely realistic in the first place so why the fuck are you worrying about pink Zakus.
>>
Really camouflage should be more of a thing in Gundam given that Minovsky particles create a reliance on visual tracking but these are not real military machines they're toy commercials for action figure model kits.
>>
>>16148043
Char and his red MS are an obvious throwback to the Richthofen and his red Fokker Dreidecker. WWI was a modern war with gas and machine guns and yet the aces still found a way to get their bright colors in. It's a testament to how much of a top gun badass you are, and everyone did it all the way until WWII with the pinups and flying tiger shark faces.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.