[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: q867684.png (105 KB, 492x313)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
>people who unironically like mid-2000s ugly bug-eyed anime solely because it was featured on Toonami or they found it youtube
Looking at you, Code Geass and FMP shitters
>>
>People who unironically like Showa Rider
>>
>People who have nothing better to do than think of transparent, garbage bait threads to post on /m/
>>
desu i'm really sick of toonamibabies existing. we get it, DBZ was "literally 100% of your childhood".
>>
File: 1501125775106.jpg (38 KB, 554x448)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>16165064
I had a hard time sitting through Code Geass because of the character design, but i'm not going to pretend it didn't have some quality aspects to it.
>>
>Geass
>oh man these robots look fucking great hey wait what's this high school shit what are all these damn people standing around and talking and shit go back to the robots
;_;
>>
>>16165111
The knightmares were literally the least important part of the whole show, you either stuck around for Lulu's antics and the VAs hamming it up like motherfuckers or you didn't bother. There's also the whole "expecting extended mecha action in a mecha show" thing.
>>
Yeah because that's so much better than constantly flitting from one obscure thirty year old toy commercial to another just because you're terrified that someone from some imagined bogeyman group of "normal" cartoon watchers might like the same thing as you.
>>
Kimura designs are bootylicious
>>
>>16165064
Code Geass and FMP aired on Toonami?
>>
>>16165202
I thought CG was on SyFy, but it was on something on USA cable
>>
>>16165207
I thought it was Adult Swim. Don't even know if FMP aired on anything I only knew of it because I saw DVDs of it all over the place around 2007.
>>
>>16165209
lolwiki says AS for CG, no specified channel but it says FMP was on something
>>
>>16165150
30 year old toy commericals with some passionate directors behind them i.e. Tomino and Nagai are better than focus group tested for otaku DESU BAKA UGUU~ garbage
>>
>>16165064
Why the heck would you associate Code Geass character design with the mid 00's when CLAMP character designs flourished mainly in the 90s?
>>
>>16165231
the same reason you'd associate Get A Grip with the 90s even though Aerosmith flourished in the 70s?
>>
>>16165239
I would associate Get a Grip with the 70s and 80s since it sounds like classic rock from that time period rather than something like Nirvana or Goo Goo Dolls which I would associate with the 90s.
>>
>>16165064
keep Godannar and Blue Sub then gas the rest of the early 2000's

nothing else of value
>>
>>16165216
Probably the Anime Network or whatever it was called, I think ADV ran it given they always plugged it on their DVDs, and they brought over FMP S1 and Fumoffu.
>>
>>16165283
>haibane renmei
>texhnolyze
>gunslinger girl
>nothing of value
and thats just the stuff of the top of my head, there's tons of other great shows that aired in that time period.
>>
>>16165313
Oh I meant mecha in particular

There are plenty of other decent shows from then
>>
>>16165283
Eh, I'd keep the adaptations of Kikaider, Cyborg 009, Tetsuwan Atom, and Tetsujin.

Samurai Champloo was aiight too, so it can stay.
>>
>>16165341
Even then
>DP OVAs
>Big O
>Fafner
>Tetsujin
>Gravion
>FMP
>s-CRY-ed
Plenty of good stuff, you double nigger

Also relevant, was Kannazuki no Miko any good? I'm about to watch that soon. What can I expect besides yuri?
>>
>>16165064
>pretending to hate stuff just so you can fit in
The kids at school will never think you're cool
>>
I'd honestly take the designs of something like Azumanga Daioh over some of the garbage we get today.

>>16165355
GunxSword and GitS SAC sit up there with the best of the best and still hold up really well visually, Gad Guard and Samurai 7 are decent (but not great) too.
>>
>>16165073

>When was the exact time you guys thinks tokusatsu got good? You know, good production values and effects, good acting, mature stories etc. I'd say personally with the creations of Kamen Rider Black. It took the cheesy superhero stuffs and said "we can do a more mature" style now. And it seems like it revolutionized toku this way. Anyone agree?

sasuga blackfag
>>
>>16165366
I haven't seen any of those except Gun X Sword, which I didn't list because it's a bit newer than early 2000s

Another thing I also thought about, but never saw is Gate Keepers, which I have also never seen discussed on this board
>>
>>16165064
Like half the Toonami/Adult Swim shows people circlejerk over are from the 90s though
>>
>>16165432
That's a whole other deal.
I fucking hate G Gundam and Wing for that reason alone, they're shit and only remembered because Toonami who doesn't even bother airing them.
>>
>>16165150

Yeah because that's how that works. Somehow a show has to be bad because it's for kids and they sell merchandise. Guess what retard? all shows have a merchandising aspect to them.

That's how corporations make money. Second, all human beings, without exception have been children. "It's for kids so it's gotta be bad" is not a good argument, at all.

I hate you fake as fuck armchair intellectual types.
>>
If anything the overly big eyes was a holdover from the 90s.
>>
>>16165446
>only remembered because Toonami
G is remembered because it's the best Gundam.
>>
>>16165466
>all shows have a merchandising aspect to them.
Well aside from ones made by Kubrick-level stick up the ass auteurs.
>>
>>16165504
You wouldn't figure, but I know of almost no merchandise for Heroic Age. It's not a show I'd describe that way, but all it has that I know of is a doll of the female lead (and the OST)

On the other hand, Geneshaft is the exact kind of thing ypu described and it has no merchandise, as you might expect, but the weird thing is that it's made by Bandai
>>
>>16165366
>Azumanga Daioh

We will never see a Yotsuba&: Animation.

It hurts to live.
>>
>>16165582
Probably for the best, it wouldn't work without actually casting a child as Yotsuba and you just know they'd get some fucking idol with an annoying voice instead.
>>
>>16165582
That's just asking for more sacreligious Yotsuba lewds to be drawn
>>
>>16165592
Barakamon had an actual little girl voice the main girl, and that aired very recently.
Anyways, Yotsuba would never happen because Azuma is vehemently against the idea of it.
>>
>>16165446
G is remembered because it's a fun super robot show with an amusing Street Fighter setting.
>>
>>16165592
You vastly underestimate the possibilities of Japanese voice acting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCiPP_Guffw
>>
>>16165601
Wasn't Doublas in Robot Girls Z voiced by an actual little girl too?
>>
>>16165625
That makes the bullying of her even more unforgivable.
>>
>>16165625
No, that was Nao Touyama
>>
HOW DARE PEOPLE LIKE THINGS
>>
>>16165601
I was thinking more of Grave of the Fireflies, which also really relies on that real sense of "this is an actual child" though for obviously different reasons than a hypothetical Yotsuba anime.

>>16165618
Not to diss on the actress but that's still pretty obviously an adult sounding like a kid.
>>
>>16165632
My bad.
>>
>>16165592
Honestly, I think it'd bother me even more if they got a child because I'd concerned about their hypothetical well being.
>>
>>16165671
>hypothetical well being
???
Yotsuba isn't exactly a hardcorfe grimdark series.
>>
>>16165618
Are you trying to imply that sounds like a child?
>>
>>16165676
I wasn't implying the show itself was going to do anything. I was more concerned about a child being exposed to the voice acting industry.
>>
File: 1504845959503.jpg (135 KB, 960x720)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>16168133
>I was more concerned about a child being exposed to the voice acting industry.
So impressed was she by him that the princess vowed to become a Black herself one day. But was that really such a good idea?
>>
>>16168133
Plenty of VA's got their start in showbiz as a kid.
Aoi Yuuki got her first anime gig when she was in 5th grade, and now she's one of the more successful VA's in the industry.
>>
Valvrave was unironically a better anime then Code Geass
>>
>>16165216
Pretty sure FMP was on anime unleashed on Tech TV. I'm probably wrong though.
>>
>>16165231

I assume gayass and fmp are recent animes. Are they considered old?
>>
>>16170183
They aired over a decade ago.
>>
>>16170191

Yes, but half the shows I follow have been out for two decades.
>>
>>16165355

Most of those shows are super mediocre, or remakes of older series.
>>
>>16170208
No one cares about your garbage taste
>>
>>16168541
Anime Unleashed lasted that long? Always thought it only was around for a couple years. Main show I remember watching on it was Duel.
>>
>>16165064
What about if it aired on Kid's WB/normal Cartoon Network?
>>
>>16165064
>FMP
>CG
>Toonami

Since when?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.