[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha



Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.



File: Macky cockpit.png (991 KB, 1366x768)
991 KB
991 KB PNG
We got "he did nothing wrong" threads alot at one point or another, but in his case it's legitimately another deal entirely.

He did nothing right. Like ever.
>>
He was a charming and effective manipulater who rose through the ranks of Gjallarhorn I suppose. It's just a pity the plan he manipulated people to help him with was retarded.
>>
File: r7MvNSd.jpg (148 KB, 960x804)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
He was a smooth fucker with the lolis and had exquisite taste in MS.
>>
>>16166694
>>16166706

that's part of the hilarity.

in any other gundam series, it would've worked ("char/treize's soul is in bael!") but people saying 'no' to him in the end is hilarious.
>>
Who is McGillis' favorite 21st century actor?

Christian Bael
>>
>>16166694
>He did nothing right. Like ever.

He's basically the RIGHT kind of CHAR.
>>
Where are his nipples?
>>
File: 88a.png (3.52 MB, 1280x720)
3.52 MB
3.52 MB PNG
>Beat the pants off your friend in a technically inferior ms and then go home and bang his sister.
>Friends asshurt knows no bpunds and comes back for a rematch.
>Has a super special version of AV made from the brain of his childkiller friend, a gundam loaded with one hit kill illegal weaponry, the support of Gjallarhorns strongest fleet, is surrounded by a small army of ms, is hiding like a coward in orbit, and a second small army of MS on the ground, and the author wants to bang his VA.
>You have a gundam loaded with basic machineguns, two swords whose warranty had expired, and an av system that adults can use.
>Still almost win anyways.
>>
>>16166724
>Only loses because his hand was injured from a stab wound from protecting his loli.
>>
>>16166724
>an av system that adults can use

that was something he gained from Ein.
>>
>>16166720
Men don't need nipples.
>>
File: McGillisDelusion.png (1.33 MB, 960x1603)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
>>16166694

That's why people adore him. He was absolutely 1000% manchild delusional and it was hilarious.
>>
>>16166724
>and the author wants to bang his VA.

In retrospect, it's amazing McGillis didn't get Dainsleif'ed with the rest of Tekkadan.
>>
>>16166724
>WOW IT TOOK ALL OF YOU TO BEAT ME
>>
File: Ned_Noachim1.png (4 KB, 180x180)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
He can't even get dying right.
>>
>>16166716
Char at least did one thing right by killing Kycilia, what did McGillis ever accomplish?
>>
>>16166694

His greatest trick was to convince even the audience that he knew what he was doing
>>
File: 1512651754461.png (120 KB, 434x400)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
>>16166694
>keeps smiling smugly at the horizon like ha has a masterplan
>he didn't, it was just autism
10/10 twist
>>
File: Gendo-profile.jpg (202 KB, 640x1102)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
This guy is the epitome of doing nothing wrong.
>>
>>16166694
His chess mastering was pretty good until we found out his end game was to steal a mobile suit and claim it made him emperor because he read it in a book as a kid.

Then it became clear he was simply retarded.
>>
I wouldn't say he did nothing wrong but a lot of people turned on him in the final episodes. People thought he was the one who hired those thugs to kill orga. He got dragged through the mud for that. Not cool. All he wanted was to befriend Tekkadan and even when he finally did they ratted him out and sold him out to Rustal.
It actually made me like Tekkadan more than I did. That was fucked up.
>>
File: 1515643917664.jpg (60 KB, 604x425)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>16166709
>they did nothing with it in S2
>just like all keikakudori and contacts he had in S1

Its like season 2 was made as they went along
>>
>>16166791
yep. Muh Bael is meme-tier
>>
File: McGillis.jpg (69 KB, 680x765)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>16166694
>>16166791
>>
>>16166791
That scene at the top was added a few hours before the episode aired. In the original script before literal last minute changes McGillis had done nothing wrong and was right about everything.
>>
File: MUH BAEL.jpg (151 KB, 1024x1024)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>16167906
>>16167898
>>16166791
>>16166694
>MUH BAEL
>MUH AGNIKA KAIERU
>>
File: Plot armor bullshit.png (1.33 MB, 1245x2158)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
>>16167908
He would've won if a man who died wasn't magically still alive, and if a monkey didn't learn how to bend the laws of space & time.
>>
File: 1490756227085.jpg (60 KB, 195x293)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>16167913
>fujoshits still mad
>>
>>16167913
I feel bad for the Gundam Flauros
>>
File: 1500948614150.png (105 KB, 210x240)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
>>16167922
>defending a Char means you're a fujoshit
>>
>>16166706
>>16166710
Season 1 Mcgillis is a different entity from season 2. He was struck by some sort of SEED retardation virus and regressed into stupidity that shouldn't even be possible. I mean his whole motavation is to fix the company that HE KNOWS is 90% corrupt and 10% the people who already follow him HOW anyone can say a character like that can be the same one that expects a symbolic artifact to unite the same company to work is beyond me.
>>
>>16168123
He was always pretty crazy. Season 1 all he had to do was direct Tekkadan at anyone he wanted dead and leak everything he could.
>>
>>16167913
Eh the plot relied heavily on incompetence.
>>
>>16166694
I just wanted to see someone like him actually win in the end because I hated every other character in this show.
>>
File: MakkugirisuGali.jpg (1.31 MB, 1280x807)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB JPG
>>16168123

He's entirely the same entity, we just focus on him more often in the second season and see him run out of playing cards whilst he gambles everything on his delusions.
>>
why ia wcweyone in IBO ripped as hell?
Hell even monkey had a giant upper body in reh fektal baetrl
>>
>>16167888
The frame was used on that big blue and gold ms to fight the MA
They just swapped out armor
>>
File: C6kBpgdU4AQ9T3K.jpg (128 KB, 1191x839)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
Macky <3333
>>
>>16168250
we know tekkadan has some sort of gym mentality going on (probably a holdover of the CGS days where the kids have to do heavy lifting). not sure about gjallarhorn's excuse.
>>
>>16166694
Where are those man's nipples?
>>
File: 14.png (721 KB, 1280x720)
721 KB
721 KB PNG
>>16168410
when was the last time a gundam guy had any nipples in their nude/shirtless scenes?

seriously asking. even other anime has the nippleless look for their naked/semi-naked guys (goku and baki hanma for example).
>>
File: Wasted.jpg (46 KB, 600x338)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
Orga did nothing right.
>>
Reminder that he would've won the first fleet battle if he and the other Gundams just charged straight in from the start. The Arianrhod had literally no defense against 4 Gundams just bumrushing the fleet and killing everyone in seconds. We all saw how fast the Barbatos is in the last episode, it's several times faster than the Graze and grunts can't even react to it. It's a similar story with McGillis's last charge. He was untouchable until another Gundam came out.

Instead he waited for Rustal to trot out dainsleifs, which are need manual loading like WWII tanks and are only useful from very long range because even the monkey and Tsurugi had trouble keeping eyes on Gundams in close combat so naturally grunts wouldn't even be able to get a bead on them with dainsleifs up close. Hell even with dainsleifs they could've won by using the ships as shields. The Isaribi took several barrages from the dainsleif squad and didn't even explode. Shino had to intentionally leave its cover and charge in a straight line into cannon fire to die. As far as the show's logic is concerned McGillis had every advantage and he and Tekkadan just absolutely fucked it up, all of it. He literally had two fleets on his side, four gundams with two of them being nigh-super robots (Barbatos and Baal) and one with a more powerful dainsleif, and they just ate shit against an inferior fleet with inferior pilots and only one Gundam which was piloted by a decent pilot but barely a match for McGillis and Mika in 1v1, in 2v1 it would've been over instantly. If IBO were written with any realism it would've been a curbstomp in the McGillis's favor.

Like Kimaris Vidar was Rustal's only real trump card against the Gundams if they went all out, and the show fucking established that Gaelio was an even match for Mika alone and too scared to fight Mika and McGillis at the same time for even a second in Vidar. Just think about that. What would he do against all 4 gundams at once? Die.
>>
>>16168568
>What would he do against all 4 gundams at once?

use the ones in storage?
>>
>>16168590
Those personally belong to the other Seven Star families. All of them pledged neutrality until one side won. His family did have one but IIRC it was MIA and probably wouldn't be useful since I doubt anyone else in his fleet had the AV surgery, especially since apparently Gaelio only got it to save his life or something after receiving brain damage. Don't remember if that's from interviews or the setting book after the show. But in any case AV was strictly off-limits to Gjallarhorn until McGillis started using Ein to rediscover it as a personal project so he could get the surgery to pilot Bael.
>>
>>16168609
gaelio piloted the kimaris and kimaris trooper sans AV. it's not that much of a stretch the elion and kujan gundams can be piloted sasns AV as well.

Bael having AV is pretty much gjallarhorn wanting it as genuine as possible. one can take the AV out but that's like destroying the stone holding the sword (in arthurian legend).

iirc fat gusion doesn't have AV as well.
>>
>>16168426
They can't show manipples on prime time slot anymore.
>>
File: [Blu-Ray 1080p IBO].png (740 KB, 1280x720)
740 KB
740 KB PNG
>>16168410
>>
>>16168626
>Bael having AV is pretty much gjallarhorn wanting it as genuine as possible. one can take the AV out but that's like destroying the stone holding the sword (in arthurian legend).

Or more likely, to make sure nobody can actually use the thing like Mcgillis tried to.
>>
File: 1508673035470.jpg (117 KB, 663x672)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>16168430
>>
>>16166694

Genuine question. Why is every dude in this series so fucking swole? And more importantly, why do they not wear any shirts? Is this pandering to women?
>>
>>16168918
I wouldn't be surprised to be honest, but in general I think Tekkadan is like that because they're manual laborers. As for Gjallihorn officers like blondie.... ehh I'm stumped
>>
>>16168918
It's only logical for the inheritor of Agnika's spirit to be swole as fuck.
>>
>>16168918
The AV system is in their backs so they need to be nude.
>>
File: Gali.jpg (122 KB, 1280x720)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>16168918

Characters without actual pilot suits specifically for them, take their shirts off to use the spinal connection with the Alaya Vagina system.

Not sure on why everyone who pilots them looks buff though. Gaelio and McGillis never visibly exercised like Akihiro and Mikazuki did.
>>
>>16168718
the whole "cybernetics makes you trash people" mentality gjallarhorn promoted also helped.

i guess the people who tried waking up bael without AV thought they're special enough to wake it up

>why didn't it work? it's supposed to work, just like in my cartoons!
>>
>>16168140
The entire final arc was watching McGillis and Tekkadan get wrecked for thinking the enemies were going to be just as retarded as they were in the rest of the series.
They were wrong.
>>
>>16169000
and that was glorious.

at first i didn't get why tekkadan had to detour and join teiwaz. like "why not smash your way through like most AU gundams?"

tekkadan being wiped out because they severed ties with teiwaz showed just how much vital the space mafia was key to their success.
>>
File: Rustal_Elion.jpg (35 KB, 692x389)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>16169000

It also helped massively having this guy be in charge of those operations and not Iok for a change.
>>
>>16169013
so how would things have fared if they didn't false flag and let shino take his shot with the super galaxy cannon?

as in giving rustal a valid excuse to barrage them with his own and making tekkadan (by extension) the ones who messed up?
>>
So why is getting he AV surgery considered the same as abandoning your humanity? If I could get surgery to make myself better on a battlefield, you bet your ass I'd sign up for it the second it's offered. Sure being crippled might suck but oh well, the benefits far outweigh the risks. It's like laser eye surgery or something.
>>
>>16168972

McGillis is a guy obsessed with power. Being physically fit is one way to appear powerful. Also, it's implied that Iznario still sleeps with him whenever he drops by their house at Gjallarhorn's Earth HQ, so he obviously needs to keep his body fuckable.

>>16167342

It's implied that McGillis was forced to accelerate his plans when he found out that Gaelio was still alive. He was obviously in it for the long game, seeing as how he was willing to wait for Almiria to grow up in order to establish control of the Bauduin family, and also setting up the Montag Company to fund his faction's activities.
>>
>>16168626
Not sure what good that would do. Gaelio didn't stand a chance against Mika who started piloting MS like yesterday just because of AV. And Hush was getting punked by human debris half his age in trash MS because they had AV. All of the Tekkadan gundams have AV

>>16169034
Because you literally lose function of your body to the MS if you use AV too much? And the Gundams are named after demons. There's a very strong selling your soul motif with AV
>>
>>16169034
for one, AV is a combat oriented tech so getting it makes you a more efficient killer (as you said) so the lasik comparison doesn't hold much weight. we need something more similar for the comparison to make sense (like some sort of computer augmentation to make you smarter/process data more efficiently).
>>
>>16169034

It's not. Post-war Gjallarhorn socially engineered everyone into hating the AV system and other forms of mechanical bodily modification in order to prevent their use in possible rebellion attempts. Gjallarhorn also maintains a monopoly on things like the Dainsleifs, Ahab Reactor and MS manufacturing tech, and the perfect AV system surgery for that same reason. Much like the Gundam Frames and Flauros' Dainsleif, the incomplete AV system that the space rats make use of is based on leaked tech that people outside of Gjallarhorn were never meant to use.
>>
File: VidarKicksBarb.webm (3 MB, 853x480)
3 MB
3 MB WEBM
>>16169041

This raises such a good thought provoking point. Mikazuki gets such a natural higher ability over most other pilots in the first season due to the Alaya Vijnana thing.

Julieta and Gaelio begin to make pace with him in both seasons without the connection. The moment Gaelio connects with Ein in Vidar, Mikazuki almost gets floored because it's finally a fair match up like with Ein.
>>
To be fair to McGillis his plan did almost succeed.


Gaelio had plot armour and why did nobody check for his corpse?
Or Mcgillis should have just double tapped him.
>>
File: Aston.jpg (39 KB, 692x389)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>people think McGillis jobbed at the end of the show

Nope, he was jobbing ever since pic related.

Aston almost killing him proved he was never an amazing pilot to begin with.
>>
>>16169086
>Julieta and Gaelio begin to make pace with him
She was literally no match for him. He just avoided attacking her for some reason. She was literally Ironhide clinging to Megatron's leg in the movie after the fleet battle where Shino died.

Also, the mechanic girl mentioned that Gaelio with type-E is able to achieve the same level of ability as Mika when he gave up his legs to defeat the Hashmal, which Mika clearly wasn't using against Gaelio in that WebM since he didn't lose another body part after that. But yea, AV is an instant, significant boost to your piloting.
>>
File: McGillis 25.jpg (298 KB, 1360x723)
298 KB
298 KB JPG
>>16169090

>Gaelio had plot armour and why did nobody check for his corpse?

Because in spite of trolling the fuck of Gaelio, it still visibly upset him to kill him that ruthlessly and use him the way he did.

Also: McGillis in charge of reasonably level headed/smart decision making? Really?
>>
>>16169115
>when the chuuni regrets choosing to be an autistic nerd when he could've been a chad with a richboy friend and eccentric babe girlfriend
>>
>>16169090
>why did nobody check for his corpse?

They did. Those people who checked were the ones who hid him, faked his death, and returned a fake kimaris frame to his family. What were you expecting? Mcgillis/montag, who wasn't supposed to even be there, to climb out of his ms in the middle of a combat zone to check?
>>
>>16169090
>To be fair to McGillis his plan did almost succeed.

How? Gaelio was kind of inconsequential. McGillis still would have been opposed by a much larger fleet and Rustal could have dainsleifed him to oblivion at any time.
>>
>>16169133
Rustal only knew about McGillis's plan because Gaelio told him. Also if Rustal could have dainsleifed him he would have when McGillis did his final charge. Without Gaelio Rustal would've died like a bitch
>>
>>16169133

A lot of the events in S2 happened because Rustal and Iok's faction were aware of what McGillis was plotting and were actively plotting against him. Rustal wouldn't have started the war between the SAU and Arbrau. Iok wouldn't have aggro'd and triggered Hashmal and started his Dainsleif shenanigans. Turbines wouldn't have been framed up. Tekkadan wouldn't have needed to avenge Naze. McGillis' rebellion would've probably happened a couple of years later, when he and his faction were more prepared. Tekkadan would've been in a better off position by then, so they might not be as willing to join McGillis in his coup d'etat anymore.
>>
File: MackyAndFriends.png (2.28 MB, 1000x2000)
2.28 MB
2.28 MB PNG
>>16169115
>>16169122

Still makes literally zero sense why he would try to remove or kill both Carta and Gaelio when they were so loyal to him, they were both basically heads of their powerful families and Gaelio even agreed with him on the modern state of Gjallarhorn being a corrupted mess.

McGillis set up his own killer/s and gave them incentive to do it.
>>
>>16167274
>Denies getting a seven stars promotion was his plan
>"No, that'd be stupid"
>My plan was actually to get a slightly better promotion!

Really McGillis is a victim of writers whose only way out of their hole was giving their main villain a lobotomy
>>
>>16169403
His plan was to become the supreme commander of everything, and everyone except one guy did listen to him until he was defeated.
>>
>>16169094
McGillis easily wrecks a Gundam that was giving Mikazuki trouble all season 1
He just wasn't allowed to win at all in season 2, he even gets a mk 2 of his s1 suit and he doesn't do one single thing in it
>>
>>16169128
keep stabbing the kimaris trooper like one of those fighting games where you can keep attacking your KO'ed opponent?
>>
>>16169000

It was pretty fucking nice.
>>
>>16169218

It does make literal no sense, unless you're broken like McGillis.
>>
File: 1484248524885.jpg (229 KB, 2048x1711)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
>>16169411
All that is necessary for autism to triumph is for good men to do nothing
>>
>>16169411
The other 7 Stars didn't listen so much as they were too cowardly to act and just wanted to see how things were going to play out.

And that guy who didn't listen had more power and influence than all the others combined so he was a really important "one guy." Also two guys technically, Rustal and Iok. Iok on his own wasn't that big a deal but he had a lot of loyal soldiers at his back.
>>
>>16169218
pretty much the only thing that would make sense is he doesn't want to owe people anything. people owing him is fine.

of course he was wrong on both accounts (the guy he installed on mars didn't fully repay the favor).
>>
>>16169201
>McGillis' rebellion would've probably happened a couple of years later, when he and his faction were more prepared.
It might not have happened at all. After the Hashmal fight he implied he was getting cold feet over the whole plan until he saw Mika wreck the MA and convinced him of the Gundams' power.
>>
>>16169475
This. It was probably the moment he left all reason and sanity behind to chase after dreams and legends instead.

People go on about how he's stupid to think they'd follow him simply out of Bael's symbolic Excalibur-like nature but I got the impression he had convinced himself that Bael really did transform him into an invincible, destined leader.

He's not stupid. He's insane.
>>
>>16169218
He literally spells it out just before he dies. Plotting to take over their families' resources aside, he believed that being with them made him too complacent and unwilling to take the risk necessary to change Gjallarhorn. Even with them on his side it's 3v1 at best and they might not agree with him using Ein as a guinea pig to revive the AV project so McGillis can pilot Bael, so he wouldn't have the right to Gjallarhorn's "throne" and they'd be in the minority against the other houses on any important decisions. Not to mention Carta and Gaelio weren't nearly as radical as McGillis so even if they understand there is corruption they might not do a thing to stop it or necessarily side with McGillis when the time comes to overthrow everything. McGillis pretty plainly only believes in the power of the individual and particularly in himself, which is why he goes it alone in the end despite having some loyal crew members leftover.
>>
>>16169484
>an invincible, destined leader.
I find it funny that McGillis wanted to be a leader despite being totally inept at it, it's literally against his nature to lead and he's only strong when there's no one on his side.

He's the anti-Char who's a complete misanthrope who refused to take leadership roles willingly but had people throwing themselves at his feet, willing to commit genocide for his cause.
>>
>>16169152
Rustal let Gaelio fight it out with him because he didn't want Bael totally wrecked to be fair (it was still an important symbol he wanted to take back to his people in one piece). He was however willing to just end him if it had started looking like the fight was going south for Gaelio. Cue McGillis' delusional ranting about how the other soldiers were too in awe of Bael to attack.

Even without knowing about McGillis' plan earlier, McGillis was in no position to take out Rustal's power base and if Rustal had never staged a war to goad McGillis into acting McGillis might have never had the balls or the opportunity to act in the first place.

McGillis never had and workable endgame. He was always doomed to fail miserably.
>>
>>16166694

Man i can't help but look back on him in a sort of immense pity and enjoyment from watching an inevitable train wreck in motion and have to wonder if the general opinion of him stacks up to other Char clones.

I actually do agree, it feels like he did nothing correct at all even when he was being the most mercurial or manipulative. But he was fucking entertaining as hell watching his runaway autism train justify another fucked up situation or scenario at hand with Muh Bael or Muh Revolution time and time again.
>>
>>16169508
>Rustal let Gaelio fight it out with him because he didn't want Bael totally wrecked to be fair

Yea except he had his MS squads engage Bael and McGillis tore through all of them without a sweat. He doesn't take ANY damage until he fights Gaelio. And don't tell me they were just floating around their ships when he attacked. McGillis specifically kills suits that were launching from their ships. For that matter he killed two ships, one in the suicide charge, and one while dealing with grunts by smashing the bridge. Rustal only decided to let Gaelio fight it out with McGillis because they're ideologically opposed but in reality the grunts wouldn't have done much in a close quarters fight where their gunfire could just as easily hit the Kimaris Vidar.

Also even though people laugh at McGillis's rambling at that scene the grunts were terrified of Gundams. It's consistently shown to be true throughout the show that the normal people literally think of Gundams as demons and Mika and Guts's final stand just one episode later drives it straight into the viewer's head. The logic that Rustal presents and the show's logic don't necessarily match, Rustal may win but it's deceptive because many of the things McGillis believed in were 100% true. Grunts could definitely not bring down a MA in a straight up fight. The MA fight demonstrates that for us. And likewise the Bael solo fight and Tekkadan final stand demonstrates that the strength of individuals are on a legendary level just like people believed Agnika Kaieru to be. It's only with special circumstances that even the dainsleifs are useful, mostly having to do with characters going retarded and taking hits for other characters or standing still for a solid 10 seconds on screen waiting to get bombarded.
>>
>>16169533
Season 2 of IBO made me angry at the time but the more I reflect upon it (other than some of its shitty contrivances like having obvious death flags followed by drive by shootings) the more I appreciate how it's a show about the protagonists choosing the wrong side of history and paying dearly for it.
>>
>>16169484
>He's not stupid. He's insane.

He's Gai Daigoji.
>>
File: mygodshields.jpg (36 KB, 1280x720)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>16169588
>Both obsessed with a story about a legendary mecha.
>Both think they're unstoppable when they clearly are not.

My god... you're right.
>>
>>16169542
You appreciate bad writing?
>>
File: mcgillis.jpg (28 KB, 594x335)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>Somehow fucking shreks Gaelio's Kimaris with a hyped up hipster-Graze frame.
>Almost gets fucking ended by Aston, who's already dying, piloting a fucking Space Type Rodi on the fucking ground.

I'm only gonna use swords cuz you know, Agni Kaeru only used swords and he's the best.
>>
>>16169534
pretty much the logic of the final dainsleif barrage. the surviving grazes on the ground can vouch that the gundams are inhuman and deadly force is absolutely necessary.

to them they aren't rats nor kids no more but demons that need to be slain.

i wonder what would that zanscare guy feel about tekkadan? he blew himself up at a misunderstanding, CGS and human debris would absolutely break him.
>>
>>16169533
General opinion is that he's shit but those who pretty much understand what kind of character Char is would say he's one of the best interpretations of the character stripped down to his being alongside Mask. Whether this was intentional or an accident is yet to be seen since it felt like season one and season two were done with different things in mind and if course Gaileo coming back out of nowhere supports that things were changed.
>>
>>16169598
to be fair, he has years to study and break down gaelio's style.

aston's style is a complete mystery to him.
>>
>>16169598

Aston, as Human Debris, had AV while McGillis didn't. We all know that gives a huge advantage in battle. In addition, McGillis wasn't trying to kill Tekkadan forces while Aston and Takaki were trying to kill him.
>>
>>16169000
>Tekkadan get wrecked for thinking the enemies were going to be just as retarded as they were in the rest of the series.
GH wasnt shown to be anymore competent than Tekkaden through the course of the show. What came about was a series of plot contrivances and characters being stupid for the sake of the plot. What's worse is that you have idiots like these>>16169008>>16169013
>>16169434 who think it was an intention message even after the director admitted that he didn't like Tekkadan for some odd reason and wanted to kill off everyone before execs put their foot down.
>>
>>16169595
Then there's the other Gai Daigoji of Gundam, Luin Lee.

> Wants to be a hero
> Changes his name
> Subscribes to a narrowly defined good vs. evil mindset
> Reinterprets events to make himself look better
> Raves like a lunatic
>>
>>16169614
>a year since this happened
>people still don't get it.
To me it seemed Aston was also a decent pilot by av standards.
>>
>>16169618
>GH wasnt shown to be anymore competent than Tekkaden through the course of the show.

The big thing was GH was meant to be something of a sleeping giant up until the end. Tekkadan could win early on because GH weren't prepared to actually fight a strong force, hence why the Graze was designed without taking into consideration fighting other MS. But once they lost and people losing faith in them led to problems, the started getting back into shape. That's why Rustal refused Tekkadan's surrender in the end, they had to show people they were the top dog.
>>
>>16169631
Not to mention how the Graze S is a high end model while the Graze R is just a Graze with extra armor for ceremony. McGillis piloted the Ritter to look good for honoring Carta's memory despite the fact it was a downgrade for him.
>>
File: Gai Daigoji.jpg (16 KB, 401x303)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>16169588

Holy fucking shit, this. His name was Jiro Yamada, but his soul was Gai Daigoji.
>>
File: 1514818172521.gif (1.63 MB, 360x270)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB GIF
>>16166791

This image is comedic gold.
>>
>>16169618

I don't think anything in the show was an intentional message, because that would be giving the directors too much credit. IBO was a shitshow as far as themes and subtext goes.

I just liked seeing Tekkadan get curbstomped by the guy who decided "ok no more playing fair with you kids" after all of S1 making such a big deal of how "pragmatic" Tekkadan was compared to GH.
>>
>>16169632
>They were just pretending to be retarded
>>
>>16167913
>Gaelio survived S1 is plot armor
>Shino surviving isn't
>>
>>16169781
Shino should've been dead S1 but regardless the reason why he missed his shot was silly. He should've simply missed due to being gravely injured or his mech being heavily damaged.
>>
>>16167274
That was the best. I thought he was planning something for the finale but nothing
>>
File: gibo454.jpg (33 KB, 594x335)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
Anyone has the Webm os his fleet getting crushed?
>>
File: 13456543.jpg (50 KB, 594x335)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>16168156
He fucked his best friend life and you wanted him TO WIN?
>>
File: 1490537693012.jpg (817 KB, 640x4320)
817 KB
817 KB JPG
>>16169892
He was just defending his wife's honor.
>>
File: 1515732457421.gif (178 KB, 160x160)
178 KB
178 KB GIF
>>16168430
He became the most popular character next to Atra
>>
File: gibo481.jpg (33 KB, 594x335)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>16168568
If Mika had go with Macky to fight Rustal i seriously doubt Gaelio would have won but i don't think Mika and Macky would have won the war considering Mika got fucked by the Dainsleifs
>>
File: DPViiXNUEAAUEmg.jpg (79 KB, 500x715)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>16169013
Correct me if im wrong but didn't Nagai said Rustal would eventually kill Kudelia?
>>
>>16169883

Everyone was expecting him to get desperate and wake up similar Mobile Armor on Mars to the Hashmal. Especially when he was out scoping the landscape in that short scene that contrasted the first episode.

Same landscape, just without Gaelio and at night.
>>
File: 12343452345.gif (355 KB, 500x230)
355 KB
355 KB GIF
>>16169086
>Mika: Can i kill him
>McGillis: Please
This duo was fun
>>
File: hurrdurrherdderb.png (732 KB, 1388x730)
732 KB
732 KB PNG
>>16169900
>Guess we'll just sit and stare up at the sky because we can tell something's coming, but we won't move because the plot needs use to take the hit.
>And no, there's definitely nothing strange about the grunts moving away and huddling up from afar, it totally didn't happen the last 2 times they used the dainsleifs
>>
File: 1490529144490.jpg (88 KB, 849x1200)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>16169905
I expected the mighty Bael to crush Rustal's forces by itself. For a moment it looked like it was actually happening too.
>>
File: tekkadan-gaelio-crying.png (472 KB, 1130x636)
472 KB
472 KB PNG
Can someone post the Webm of Mcgillis mindfucking Gaelio?
>>
File: mig.jpg (18 KB, 441x359)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
How do you go from this
>>
Where everything went wrong
>>
File: Gali wheelchair.jpg (100 KB, 1200x675)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>16169913

Nope but Gali suffering images are nigh on unlimited in this series prior to the second season.
>>
>>16169533
Its amazing how Okada made me feel completely indifferent about him at the start to later hate him with all my might and then to feel sad for him. He also never betrayed Tekkadan so he wasn't a complete asshole
>>
File: It could be anyone.jpg (75 KB, 960x540)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>16169919

>You seem hopelessly delusional
>You too!

And the rest is history.
>>
Those days speculation who would win was fun.
>Mika will kill Julietta
>Gaelio doesn't stand a chance against Macky
Oh man
>>
>>16169919
That's the point IBO went from bad to kinda entertaining..
>>
File: 1481680493593.png (183 KB, 656x369)
183 KB
183 KB PNG
>>16169932
>to kinda entertaining..
>>
File: 1515508659490.gif (3.8 MB, 475x350)
3.8 MB
3.8 MB GIF
>>16169932
>to kinda entertaining..
It was fun all the way through
>>
>>16169932
I don't think I've ever been more bored at a final battle in a Gundam anime.
>>
File: BaelBTFO.webm (2.83 MB, 960x540)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB WEBM
>>16169929

Editing was questionable but i loved this fight.

Them barging into Rustal's ship hangar killing everyone in their way was too good.
>>
>>16169960
>D@ angel arc that dragged on forever only to have GARAXY CANNON blast a plot hole so wide it turned the previous 3 episodes into filler.
I enjoyed the series more then most but the pacing was fucked
>>
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 300x168)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>16169970
It was Kino but the first fight had better animation
>>
>>16169970
I liked that fight way better than the final Tekkadan fight which might be the point given that this was the actual hero vs. main villain fight.
>>
File: 1480801445412.webm (234 KB, 1280x720)
234 KB
234 KB WEBM
>>16166694
The guy only wanted to enjoy a peaceful life with his Loli. What's wrong in that?
>>
>>16166694
I'm glad he died a Virgin. Manchildren don't deserve happiness
>>
>>16169898
>Atra
>>
>>16170002
He's very much not a vrgin, at least anally. He probably railed some of his underlings to gather supporters too
>>
File: 1480237324051.gif (299 KB, 480x270)
299 KB
299 KB GIF
>>16170017
OH yeah almost forgot his entire backstorory is getting drilled in the ass
>>
>>16166791
If okada wasnt writing it would have been different, since gali wouldve been dead for good at the end of s1. Unfortunately okada wants to bang galis va and gali so she not only put him back in but also self inserted monkey who was invincible for no reason. Not to mention gali's motivation changed from reform to revenge because okada also has to insert man on boy rape in everything she's written because she has a fetish for that and daddies, hence rustal existing as well.
>>
>>16170077
>okada also has to insert man on boy rape in everything she's written because she has a fetish for that and daddies, hence rustal existing as well.
But almost none of her works have that stuff.
>>
File: 1488326836729.jpg (336 KB, 1171x1500)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
>>16170077
Bless her
>>
File: makiodyssey.png (79 KB, 734x327)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>>16170002
>>16170017
>>16170033
>>
File: What.gif (615 KB, 202x200)
615 KB
615 KB GIF
>>16166694

>I got anal raped so now i think the government is evil

That is his motivation.
>>
>>16169094
Did Mcgillis have the vagina yet?

I could see it being tough fighting 2v1 against two seasoned fighters who have the vagina system.

He was just in a graze.
>>
>get maimed by gundam death
>hide behind mask
>scarring is just a few white lines, looks exactly the same
fujoshi win again
>>
>>16169632
pretty much there's no real threat to gjallarhorn for so long that they thought no one was stupid enough to barge into the earth and do shit.

the ones who have combat experience are the ones stationed outside of the earth sphere.
>>
>>16169778
>Karta was the female version of Iznario Fareed. She had her blond fuck crew just like him.
No wonder why McGillis hated this bitch. She was mocking him.
>>
>>16169904
Not that I'm aware of, but Nagai has said that Kudelia won't last long in office due to her past relationships with Tekkadan, Teiwaz and Nobliss.
>>
>>16170378
She's like an exaggerated Haman who's even more obsessed with her Char and even more incompetent as a leader.
>>
File: 1512231540520.gif (1.46 MB, 500x558)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB GIF
>>16170397
>but Nagai has said that Kudelia won't last long in office due to her past relationships with Tekkadan, Teiwaz and Nobliss.
Oh yeah he said that but i don't know if we should take anything he says as canon.
>>
>>16170406
with a bit of Glemy into the mix (her squad of mcgillis stand-ins = puru clones)?
>>
>>16166694
He fucked a cute loli.
>>
File: DTNEERJVoAAuThA.jpg (174 KB, 891x1200)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>16170415
Now the Loli wasn't revenge
>>
>>16169133
Gaelio revealing he’s still alive and that McGillis tried to kill him is what stops the rest of the 7 stars from allying with McGillis. It would have been a very different fight if the Bauduin family was backing Mackey.
>>
>>16169995

I will never fucking accept Gali as the hero.

If they keep pressing this I'm going to Japan to murder the staff. Elitist pricks.
>>
File: Gaelio.png (406 KB, 550x685)
406 KB
406 KB PNG
>>16170717

He's more a dark hero than an actual hero. He's the most deserving of that criteria through mere circumstance thrust upon him by McGillis alone, as a snowballed necessary victim to his beliefs. And in fact, if anything, his character morality degrades between seasons: the scene where Dort colonists rebel reveals his attitudes change to be more ruthless and harsh to do deal with the same colonists he wanted no part of in the first season by dealing with them himself, freely killing them in combat if it meant testing out Vidar.

He's only out for revenge in the second season, out for himself in an entirely rhetorical manner and rediscovers his pride in the second half to toss the mask away and confront McGillis for his friend's misguided soul after deciding to step up to the plate.

I think it's clearly underdeveloped because there is enough overt frame work and evidence to have Gaelio properly clarify that he's basically just finding himself again all over again whilst he wears the Vidar mask, plotting away for most of the second season, attempting to find his pride he once had as an impulsive rich kid from the first season all over again after being humiliated, found weak and left a burned dead man by his best friend who pretty much tore his life asunder. But we just don't get enough information thanks to shoddy underdeveloped pacing and Okada's muddled writing once again.

Ultimately there is a bit of potential there that basically hinges on if you bought into his sympathetic performance from the first season, evidently that's what sold Okada on Matsukaze's character. But we got was just muddled in half measure to commit in something drastically different.
>>
>>16170694
Not really, Rustal, by just announcing to reject Mcgillis claim is enough for them all to not support him. Gali reveal just a bonus to give him more justification and morale among his men.
>>
>>16170770
The others would have been neutral perhaps but why would the Baudin family not support him when they already married their only heir off to him.
>>
>>16170097
Shh, let him be, he need to make up bullshit out of baseless rumor because he can't accept that his self-insert is turn out to be exactly like him, manchild who got fucked in the ass IRL.
>>
>>16170780
>married
*engaged, and they can always broke it off when things become unfavorable for them.
>>
>>16170785

I drown myself in escapism to forget that damn it

How will I dull the pain if my animu's don't feed my power fantasys

Oh god the sucidial impulse's are starting up again...
>>
File: Vidar_01.png (2.65 MB, 1280x720)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB PNG
>>16170758

Ironic then that whilst Matsukaze's performance sold her on his character, she didn't do enough to transition him well onto being presented as a pissed off laid-low coward in hiding for his circumstance to the avenging born again seven stars heir at the end of the show.

And then again there was that whole laughable mystery of Vidar's identity for a while to entertain before making him do anything remotely character defining. Maybe it was just set aside, seems a silly thing to leave out really if we're doing theory bullshit.
>>
File: HushDefined.jpg (67 KB, 568x960)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>16170717

Tekkadan and McGillis were just as bad, if not; far worse. Gaelio was just sympathetic so naturally fujos magnetised to his suffering and became the prime target for marketing.

Would pic related have been better despite having done fucking nothing but be the spot light for the second episode of the second season?
>>
File: Mika.png (1.97 MB, 1280x2880)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB PNG
>>16170826
Sometimes I wonder how Mika managed to be the main character of IBO from the start.
>>
File: 1496765987993.jpg (37 KB, 569x418)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>16170758

Why does this character make so much more sense now? It genuinely feels like they glossed over the pride thing after he mentioned it like once as an off comment to Julieta.
>>
>>16169999
Literally everything.
>>
All I'll say is this. I hope one day Ride gets a chance to fucking kill that monster Rustal. Make him pay for his crimes.

I also hope he put's Julieta head on a fucking pike.

Also, what was the fucking point of Julieta anyway? She never does ANYTHING. Fuck her.
>>
>>16170831

Because he's the character who is supposed to unsettle us the most. They build him up to be this sympathetic figure in the first season, leading the audience to believe he will undergo something along the lines of Heero's character development, learning to leave the mercenary life behind him and instead embracing his dream of being a farmer. Instead though, Mika embraces violence as only solution and through his relationship with Orga shape's Tekkadan. It even gets to a point where he views his own dreams and aspirations as a distraction from helping Orga. In the end, he's pretty broken and unable to leave Tekkadan, which doesn't bother him in the slightest. This is a kid who goes from being shook up from accusations he enjoys killing to freaking loving it.
>>
>>16170826
>Tekkadan and McGillis were just as bad, if not; far worse.

This is ridiculous and I don't understand how anyone can believe this. At best Mcgillis has a massive ego and thinks too highly of himself, but he is basically the only one in Gallarhorn that believes in breaking the system and rising above your birth role and was the only one of the higher class that actually respected Tekkadan and thought they were cool for not just lying down and dying because they were born in the streets, while literally everyone else either viewed them as upstarts to be stomping for fucking with the status quo or just being oppressively racist and calling them space rats just because they were unforutnately enough to be Human Debris.

Rustal never shows any interest in changing anything until after he's already secured his position and it's implied he only did it to make himself look good and because he failed to kill the popular with the public Kudelia with Tekkadan and there was a change their dirty laundry would be aired publically if they didn't try to pacify her.

Tekkadan meanwhile are just poor bastards in a terrible situation trying to protect themselves from a world out to get them because their old boss got in Gallarhorn's way and they protected themselves then were constantly targeted for helping Kudellia and being a threat to the system. Orga's deal with Macky was a poor play, but his options were limited since the Turbines getting screwed showed that even Teiwaz couldn't protect them and they'd just keep coming until they were wiped out because they had to show the world not to get any funny ideas about stepping out of line.

Gali Gali meanwhile was just butthurt about getting screwed by Mcgillis and out for revenge.
>>
>>16170929
>his options were limited since the Turbines getting screwed
Nope, he's already dealing with Choco long before turbine got screwed, in fact Tekkadan having a deal with one of GH leader is what putting Turbine in risky position.
>>
>>16170889
She slayed the demon and is the hero.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (101 KB, 1280x720)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>16170940
>>
>>16170937

Rustal was targeting Kudelia with the pirates even before that. He'd been working with Galieo behind the scenes even since Season 1 ended.

Working with Mcgillis was the best move. Not getting involved with him wouldn't have helped them any since Rustal wanted them gone.
>>
>>16170940
>>16170947

All lies. Our true hero Ride will expose the truth.
>>
File: 1494264959884.gif (1.18 MB, 300x188)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB GIF
>>16166694
shit man the all bad guys in this show are literally only doing their jobs so they can feed their family
>>
>>16170940
>Mika killed everyone else with absolutely no effort
>charges toward the chimp bitch completely unfazed by her shitty pea-shooter
>dies in front of her because out of energy
>chimp bitch sticks her sword into the lifeless mobile suit
>""""""""""slayed the demon""""""""""

Bull fucking shit.
>>
>>16166694

tiny baby head
>>
>>16170950
>Rustal was targeting Kudelia with the pirates even before that
Dumbfuck, Rustal never care about Kudelia. It was a martian company who were pushing Kudelia to join their movement that hire the pirates to get her because she reject their proposal.
>>
>>16170959

Don't you fucking talk to me like that you communist bastard I will cut you
>>
>>16168918
Because they are men unlike other Gundam MCs. Tell me, how swole is Amuro or Kamile?
>>
>>16170831
How is he wrong? The betrayal isn't something innocent or even non-violent. He was going to let his friends and coworkers die to make a quick buck. It'd be treason in pretty much any sane nation and they'd be executed for selling out their country to the enemy.
>>
>>16170826
>make it seem like he'll have an important role
>just a jealous bitch
>realize he's useless
>becomes mika's actual bitchboi
>dies without accomplishing anything except killing a single mook

What a fucking pointless character.
>>
>>16170957
symbolics in storytelling and politics are the only things that matter.
>>
>>16168430
Needs a Saturday night fever edit.
>HA-HA STAYIN ALIIIIIIIIVE
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17 KB, 480x360)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>16169920
Gali in a wheelchair
Did monkey break him?
>>
>>16171152
He got his AV implants removed.
>>
>>16169086

Mika was using his tripple AV as a crutch to keep up his performance. It was a great crutch that didn't only help him to stand, it also helped him to walk faster than most people without a crutch.

But when the truly skilled unaugmented pilots also got an AV, they are obviously just going to beat you over the head with said crutch, because they don't need it to stand.
>>
>>16166694
from a HOTBLOODED STOOPID MONKEY to a rebel gundam pilot, the life of mcgills

https://youtu.be/u0QY-pAH9GI?t=159
>>
>>16171119
he's a macky echo.

rise to something but come out short.
he's probably the only non-av user we that actually show how you progress.
>>
>>16170929

>and it's implied he only did it to make himself look good

When does this implied bullshit EVER happen? If anything he's more than happy to close the conflict and resume peaceful times once Tekkadan is done with.
>>
File: Rustal says fuck you.png (35 KB, 500x300)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>16169013

MAGNIFICENT RAT BASTARD
>>
>>16170929
>This is ridiculous and I don't understand how anyone can believe this.
Never underestimate the power of Gallarhorn dickriders
>>
>>16170217
Well I don't know about you but I think child rape and child murder are pretty evil
>>
File: Macky's wild ride.jpg (235 KB, 600x678)
235 KB
235 KB JPG
>>16171446

And do you think an entire body of people and way of life is responsible for the lusts of one deranged old man?
>>
>>16169775

Basically this. It would have been ridiculous if Rustal DIDN'T win. It's like, Tekkadan's force amounted to twenty mobile suits and TWO ships. Even before the barrage, Rustal outnumbered them two-to-one! You'd have to be a moron to lose the fight.
>>
>>16171487
People watched too much SEED and 00 where the main cast stomp force 100 times bigger than they were.
>>
>>16170132
I feel like part of history now
>>
>>16170717

I dunno, I liked Gali as the hero. It was just great to see him come back from getting betrayed by his best friend, and systematically ruin all of Choco's plans. Sure, Rustal was the genius behind it, but Gali fucked him harder than he was ever fucked in the ass.

To add insult to injury, he stopped Bael in the final battle! You actually see McGillis go "Me? Lose to Gaelio? That's not possible!" I liked that he didn't become a Jesus-type hero, he just really, really wanted the chocolate-blooded orphan dead.
>>
>>16170406
So that's why I like her
>>
>>16171152

The snu snu was very much had.
>>
>>16171502

This. The sheer turn around on how far McGillis had fallen thematically was amazing.

They even end it with a sword to the chest. Best Gundam rivalry in a long while.
>>
>>16171521

I like that Galli basically wins everything. He gets his revenge, he puts Ein to rest, he gets the reforms he was hoping for, and he even gets the girl. I'm pretty sure people are still upset about that.
>>
File: magnificent bastard.jpg (540 KB, 1500x1000)
540 KB
540 KB JPG
>>16171423
Damn straight.
>>
Nagai's Mobile Suit Gundam

>Gihren Zabi uses his realistic tacticool pragmatic practical gritty grunt grizzled war real life weapon and kills Amuro and everyone on White Base
>He becomes Supreme King Emperor Commander of The New Friendly Cool Zeon Who Cares About Suffering Children and is awarded the first-ever Nicest Best Ever Guy In The Universe Award
>Gihren then hires people to murder ever single person related to anyone who served on White Base and continues to manipulate the media and protect pedophiles, safe from the REAL BAD GUYS like Amuro who hurt his friends who never ever ever did anything wrong ever
>>
>>16171570
And he gets a wheelchair
UNTIL they make wireless av... then his wheel chair will be an Arm Chair or a Leg Chair, a little mini Kimaris trotting around.
>>
File: Gali suffering.jpg (126 KB, 1200x675)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>16171606

He gets to live in a show where every Gundam pilot died except himself. He might be wheelchair bound for the rest of his life, but he's still a lucky bastard when you look at the mortality rate of this show.
>>
>>16171604

You do realize right that the solar weaponry they deployed towards the end of the war literally was early UC:s version of the Dainsleif, right?

That's why control of those weapons were so important all the time.
>>
File: Julieta after.jpg (139 KB, 852x478)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>16171618
Plus he's got a qt who lusts after his meat.
>>
>>16171604
Don't forget Char's master plan turns out to be painting his mobile suit red, thus becoming King Zeon.
>>
>>16170957
That's the point.
>>
>>16171496

This. People had gotten used to Gundams soloing entire fleets. It was clear very early on that they didn't stand a chance and the show shifted from "how will they win?" to "Who is going to not die?"
>>
>>16171618
I don't think he's been betrayed enough.
His sisters going to force him to get the AV surgery again
>>16171641
And the monkey/Almeria showdown will be amazing.
>>
File: DRgDpvVUMAAfuZ7.jpg (144 KB, 900x1200)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>16171618
>>16171661
Almiria is coming for that booty
>>
File: jp6yhIp.jpg (161 KB, 1280x720)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>16171641
I think its the first time i have two ships happening on the same show. Sure Mika died but at least he impregnated Atra. Thank god Mika and Gaelio didn't tried to kill each other in the final battle
>>
File: Spoiler Image (434 KB, 893x855)
434 KB
434 KB PNG
>>16171778
>Mika died
Hes only unconscious
>>
File: 1506271516064.gif (2.66 MB, 300x169)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB GIF
>>16171641
>A mullet that would make the late Triffon Ivanov sick with envy
>>
>>16171606

He already had one. The Type E implant on his neck is confirmed to have a feature that assisted him with the use of his legs. McGillis' assassination attempt crippled him, but he's able to walk around in S2 because of the implant. At the end of S2, Ein's brain short-circuited and Gali Gali vowed not to fight again, which is why he had the implant removed.

>>16171404

A lot of what Rustal did was reactionary. The Seven Stars council system was repealed since there were only three family heads left. The Human Debris abolition act was signed in order to prevent future occurrences of competent AV system users like Mikazuki from appearing. Mars was freed from colonial rule in order to uplift its economic status and prevent its people from organizing future rebellions. Deals with Teiwaz were made since McMurdo has dirt on Rustal that he doesn't want to get out. If McGillis' coup didn't happen, Rustal would've been perfectly fine with maintaining the current status quo, as long as it meant that peace and order in the Earth Sphere was maintained. I mean, he's not exactly evil, but let's not pretend he's not just as bad as McGillis, since they're both not above killing innocent people as long as it allows them to reach their goals.

>>16170217

Yea. And Rustal, the current head of said government, was aware of Iznario's pedo abuse ever since McGillis was a child, so eh.
>>
>>16171661
>>16171765

>Almira Ride Again
>Almira and Ride joins hand to shit on everyone's legacy, since they are a pair of (wo)manchildren who never understood the stakes
>The story is told from newbie pilot Akatsuki, who in a fit of teenage rebellion abandons his moms to fight for his "dad's honor". He gets the AV-implant 1/4th into the show and recovers the Barbie halfway into the show
>Team meat are the guys to beat again, as a regretful Gaelio has to reinstall his implants
>It ends with Ride getting properly smoked because he can't fucking dodge.
>Almiria tries to perform suicide through colony drop but fails again. She's put back into the mental ward by her brother.
>Akatsuki reconciles with his mothers and returns to the civilian life, thus "defeating" Mika at life.
>>
The funny thing about McGillis is that he didn't even get Agnika Kaieru right
>Post-war, Agnika clearly pursued a policy of demilitarization. Present GH is armed like a police force, not a military at absolute war.
>Yet Choco Agnika-based philosophy is about absolute strength.
>>
>>16171910
Well his belief is that present GH strayed away from Agnika Kaieru's philosophies which is why it's so shit.

Not saying you're wrong because I actually agree, just saying McGillis interpreted GH's state as being the fault of not being strong like his fairy tale hero.
>>
>>16171487
>It would have been ridiculous if Rustal DIDN'T win.
It was ridiculous how he won to begin with that's why people were mad.
>>
>>16171910

I mean, he's not exactly wrong. The original Seven Stars were the Gundam pilots who had the most number of mobile armor kills. Agnika appointed them to lead Gjallarhorn because of that. What Choco wanted was a meritocracy in which only the capable were allowed to lead. That means no incompetent idiots like Carta and Iok being allowed to lead because of their birthright.
>>
>>16169775
>I just like unsatisfactory payoffs
Is basically what you're saying
>>16171487
>>16171660
>>16171496

They did the exact same shit in the final battle of season 1. Being vastly out numbered and still came out on top. But apparently NOW it would be bullshit if they won so is okay? Fuck off
>>
>>16171502
Gali as a character is virtually worthless from a narrative standpoint after his death in S1 because he's literally just fanservice he doesn't even do anything as Vidar. Hell he doesn't even give a shit that his sister was driven insane which is all the more hilarious because it proves that he really should have stayed dead.

>>16171570
Wins what? He gets his revenge and that's pretty much it. In a better written story he would have taken what happened to McGilis to heart and done something so people like him wouldn't exist in the future but nope he does nothing.
> I'm pretty sure people are still upset about that
Too bad nobody gives a shit about Juliette who much like Gali turned out to be an utterly worthless character.
>>
>>16171521
>Best Gundam rivalry in a long while.
Not even fucking close. And you IBOfags wonder why you're a laughingstock in the fandom when you post horseshit like this.
>>
File: 1508676366936.gif (1.47 MB, 387x388)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB GIF
>>16171960

>is what you are saying

Fuck no. I hated Tekkadan (pretty sure I started hating them at the end of S1 when Mika literally pulls a *teleports behind you* out of his ass to win and it turns out everyone was okay after getting smashed, but I digress).

I fucking loved seeing them getting their shit pushed in after having to put with their whiny vaginas for 75ish episodes.

Seriously, you'd think they'd stop whining about how unfortunate they are sometime, but nope. Until they end they kept lamenting about how unfair everything was instead of doing something about it like Gaelio did.
>>
File: f5a2051f32cfd0_full.jpg (30 KB, 640x480)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>16171968
>because he's literally just fanservice he doesn't even do anything as Vidar
He's pretty much the Neo of IBO in that regard
>>
>>16171960
At the end of season 1 they were fighting glorified Earth cops that had never seen a day of combat in their lives and had no idea how to adapt to guerrilla tactics. Season 2 they were fighting a much, much larger fleet that actually had experience mixing it up with pirates and the like. And they had access to bullshit weaponry (something that the protagonists usually have in other shows).

I'm not saying the ending we got was all that satisfying but would Tekkadan pulling a win out of their ass after making mistake after mistake really have been satisfying? The fact that any of them got out with their lives was win enough.
>>
>absolute beast in Grimgerde but jobbed with Bael
>>
>>16171985
Galio had a stronger Gundam.


Bael wasn't that OP
>>
File: BAEL.jpg (723 KB, 1261x2331)
723 KB
723 KB JPG
>>16171985
>>16171988
>BUT MUH AGNIKA KAIERU
>>
File: RustalThumbsUp.png (154 KB, 490x528)
154 KB
154 KB PNG
>>16171970

Sweet counterpoint. Oh wait, it wasn't a counterpoint. It was just your sperging out like a mouth breathing autist.

The only rivalry i can think of that comes close to this one that's half as good in the last decade is Io and Daryl and the state of Thunderbolt right now is laughably bad. Otherwise where could you even begin? Asemu and Zeheart? Just terrible. Twilight Axis shit? Don't make me laugh. Bellri and Luin Lee? Just awful.
>>
>>16171968

I'm pretty sure he and Julietta actually realized that. Julietta even has a small monologue at the end where she flat-out states that the Tekkadan kids were the most human people in the show. They were driven by the desire to live, rather than by ambition or fame. Gaelio agreed and said that he regretted not realizing that sooner (since McGillis was the same as Tekkadan).
>>
File: BaelOnward.png (853 KB, 1280x738)
853 KB
853 KB PNG
>>16171991

Perfect waste of a gorgeous design.
>>
>>16171992
Its good because I say so ain't an argument.
>>
>>16171976
>Seriously, you'd think they'd stop whining about how unfortunate they are sometime, but nope. Until they end they kept lamenting about how unfair everything was instead of doing something about it like Gaelio did.

The show even makes it pretty clear they could have just stopped fighting at any time in Season 2 (until they threw their chips in with McGillis anyway) and everyone could have lived out their lives pretty comfortably on Tekkadan's assets.

Hell, the survivors manage to do so on only a tiny fraction of those assets. But no, they kept going because Orga wanted more and they died for their idiot leader who wanted to be the King of Mars.

But they're the good guys because they were a bunch of abused kids!
>>
>>16171992
Counterpoint is that their rivalry wasn't good because Gali stopped being a character in the second season and only existed for McGillis to fail in the second to last episode. In fact McGillis never actually took him seriously or brought him up until the very last battle. What a great rivalry!

>>16171994
He realized it several years later after the fact but still did absolutely nothing? Wow. What a great character. Stll nothing on his sister going insane thogh.
>>
>>16171984
>And they had access to bullshit weaponry (something that the protagonists usually have in other shows).
Are you purposely being retarded?
>but would Tekkadan pulling a win out of their ass after making mistake after mistake really have been satisfying?
Considering how many people hated the ending sure.
>>
>>16172000

Yeah. If Tekkadan had been worthy protagonists, they would have GROWN THE FUCK UP at some point into the story.

That's usually what happens to protagonists on their hero's journey. They face challenges that makes them mature (that is, they have character development), and when they reach their destination they find themselves changed to the better.

Tekkadan never matured though. Instead they were stuck in their loser mentality, which in the end got them killed.
>>
File: Ein vs Mika.webm (2.02 MB, 720x404)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB WEBM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9_CCRlGKJg

CRANK-NII
>>
>>16172000
>>16172008
>The show even makes it pretty clear they could have just stopped fighting at any time in Season 2
No they didn't. The show hammers down that the majority of them couldn't live normal lives as pointed out by one of the new members wondering "why don't you just quit and go back to your families" thing is that had none. Its clear that Tekkadan was just a temporary endeavor for them until they all got better lives but then Aniki died and Orga brought ties with the Turbines thus losing their main benefactor which caused their downfall. Its not about Tekkadan being "good guys" its about virtually every character being worse.

>Hell, the survivors manage to do so on only a tiny fraction of those assets
You do realize that virtually everyone who's alive is due to Tekkadan's sacrifice right? They didn't just up and quit to prove that they could make a better life without fighting it was because of Mika, Orga's, Shino and the rest of the members giving up their lives that made it possibly for the surviving members to live in the new world.
>>
>>16171976
Gaelio didn't do anything. All he did was play into the hands of the corrupt government all for revenge.
>>
File: 1491132912023.jpg (118 KB, 749x749)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>16172020

You're wrong though.
>Gaelio chose on his own to ally with Rustal, and Rustal respected his opinion and personal decisions
>Gaelio chose to compromise his morals to get his revenge (getting an AV-implant, further desecrating Ein's body, getting his hands dirty stomping out insurgents)
>Gaelio chose to be part of the operation to stomp McGillis rebellion even though he on a personal level could sympathize with the actors and their motives, because he thought that what he did was still part of the greater god.

I'm not claiming Gaelio was squeaky clean or anything. In fact, he was extremely selfish and amoral in S2. But he wasn't playing in the hands of someone else. The reason he cooperated with Rustal was that they had co-aligning goals and because he needed an alliance with Rustal to reach his own goals.

And most importantly, instead of fucking whining about how shit his life had become, he fucking stayed committed to his one clearly defined goal, something Tekkadan was never capable of.

The guy worked hard, made sacrifices and stayed determined. Because of that he is also likeable, even though he was selfish and amoral.
>>
>>16172019
>You do realize that virtually everyone who's alive is due to Tekkadan's sacrifice right?
And none of them had to die if they had just ignored McGillis' obviously terrible offer.
>>
File: Space Guts.webm (2.63 MB, 444x250)
2.63 MB
2.63 MB WEBM
OMAE KAAAAAA?!!!!!!!
>>
>>16172047
>But he wasn't playing in the hands of someone else
>Gaelio chose on his own to ally with Rustal

Gali is pretty much the biggest tool in the show.
>>
File: 1491466872955.jpg (289 KB, 791x700)
289 KB
289 KB JPG
>>16172145

>Rustal was the guy who decided that Gaelio wanted revenge on McGillis

That's what you're saying right now
>>
>>16172047
>I'm not claiming Gaelio was squeaky clean or anything
I'm not arguing otherwise
>But he wasn't playing in the hands of someone else
He was you stupid fuck, He played into the hands of a corrupted organization THAT HE CLEARLY KNEW WAS CORRUPTED for revenge hence why he destroyed his own body and once it was done did ritually nothing but continue the status quo until Rustal just up and decided to change it for no real reason.

>he fucking stayed committed to his one clearly defined goal, something Tekkadan was never capable of.
What the fuck are you talking about? Tekkadan never strayed from their goal because their goal was to ultimately to dirty their hands in order for everyone to live a better life in which they succeeded. They always knew the path they made would be one paved in blood but they still wanted a better life In fact their goal was much more nobel than Gali who pretty much just forgot his sister existed and was engaged to the guy he killed or what he was fighting for.

The problem with this show is that virtually everyone is just shit outside Tekkadan hence why people hated the ending because it virtually had nothing to say. Gali's arc concluded in S1 with him realizing that his own naivety led to his demise and all S2 did was prove that he didn't learn anything only but playing into the hand of a different person.
>>16172052
You do realize members started to drop like flies before their offer to McGillis right?
>>
>>16171453
They were all extremely evil on their own anyway. S1 Mcgillis did nothing wrong
>>
>>16172148
>Rustal was the guy who gave Gali the means to carry out his revenge who without him would have been left for dead

Pretty much.
>>
File: Iok the Destroyer.jpg (268 KB, 587x663)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
>>16171453
>>
>>16172076
Guts was kind of a shit pilot wasn't he. The Gusion should be just as capable as the Barbatos but he never does anything with it besides beat up a handful of grunts
>>
>>16172148
>>16172047
t. Okada
>>
>>16172158

You do realize right that "play in the hands of" is an idiom for:
"To unwittingly do exactly what someone wants or needs in order for their plans or schemes to succeed"
or
"[for a person one is scheming against] to assist one in one's scheming without realizing it"
or
"so as to give an advantage to an opponent"

Now, since Gaelio has first hand knowledge of GH and how they operate, he isn't unaware of the fact that they are corrupt. Furthermore, as a member of Rustals inner circle, he is also aware of what Rustal is planning. Finally, he's fully aware that he is aiding Rustal by fighting McGillis, and he is fully aware of the fact that he is fighting against McGillis and that this is not to McGillis benefit.

Thus it's by definition impossible for Gaelio to play in the hands of GH.
>>
>>16172163

If Gaelio didn't want to help Rustal, he could have just fucked off with the Vidar to Mars or something. It's not like Rustal's rank and file could have stopped him from doing that. Or he could choked Rustal to death in his office.
>>
>>16172176
>"To unwittingly do exactly what someone wants or needs in order for their plans or schemes to succeed"
That's exactly what he did you fucking idiot.
>>
File: the wire.gif (2.05 MB, 320x240)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB GIF
>>16172176
>He's not playing into their hand because he knows he's playing into their hand

This is the logic of Galifags folks
>>
>>16172207

Uh yes. When you do a thing together with someone else because you've decided to do the thing, it's called "cooperating"

>>16172204

Do you know what "unwittingly" means?
>>
>>16168332
>Almiria goes full carzy after macGills death
Almiria and Ride revenge WHEN?
>>
>>16169919
I blame the Envy Mafia guy and Iok.
>>
>>16172076
>Gets waifu, Brother a nd Brother friend died.
FUCK YOU okada!
Space Guts not deserved all this shit
>>
>>16171814
>The Type E implant on his neck is confirmed to have a feature that assisted him with the use of his legs. McGillis' assassination attempt crippled him, but he's able to walk around in S2 because of the implant.
WHAT ? i dont remember that in s2. I thought he was just in that wheelchair because of the surgery.
>>16171984
>>16171976
IBO had a pretty big mafia subtext since they started dealing with Teiwaz, they were were fucked since the first time they met Space Fellini. I dont know why shitposters are still surprised or upset because Tekkadan is "unlikeable" or about the ending. Countless characters told them to stop fighting, they were free since the 5 first eps of the anime but Orga was greedy. Mafia stories always has protagonists who wants to much and it never ends well, this is nothing new.
>>16171991
I wish bandai released of them with Anime proportions.
>>16171985
>2 swords against a whole fleet
He was nut
>>16172207
They just cooperated, what's the problem ?
Why people have a problem that Gaelio only lived to take down McGillis ? The guy literally played them since forever, attempted to kill him, stole his legacy by marrying his underaged loli sister, made Carta die and used Ein as a guinea pig.
He literally has every fucking reasons in the world to dedicate few years of his life just to kill Chocoman.
>>
>>16172003

>Counterpoint is that their rivalry wasn't good because Gali stopped being a character in the second season and only existed for McGillis to fail in the second to last episode. In fact McGillis never actually took him seriously or brought him up until the very last battle. What a great rivalry!

That isn't a counterpoint. That is a lazy summary of the last seven episodes.
>>
File: Gaelio collage.png (990 KB, 900x900)
990 KB
990 KB PNG
>>16172047

This. The show makes it perfectly obvious Gaelio isn't a great guy. He's selfish, amoral, impulsive and a willing blind participant in McGillis' agenda until he gets the karma betrayal face first. He takes the fall, learns and grows from it and then plans for his own revenge. He doesn't mince words later or conflates morality when it only serves him to test Vidar out. He just does what he wants to only to take down McGillis in the end.

He doesn't care about Rustal and Iok, they're a means to an end and simply members of Gjallarhorn to him. Only Julieta because she reminds him of Ein, reminds him of his pride he lost being the patsy for his best friend's delusions, manipulations and lies.

And the revenge was deserved.
>>
>>16172369

Yeah, McGillis and Gaelio really were the most interesting characters in the show by a very, very large margin.

People give Okada shit for putting them before Tekkadan, but to her credit, she was fucking right. McGillis' and Gaelio's story was much more interesting than anything Tekkadan had going on in S2. If anything, I wish Tekkadan would have taken even more of a back seat in S2.
>>
>>16172471

Exactly. Fuck Tekkadan. Nobody ever cared about them and even the producers wanted to end the show punishing them.

Shifting things to focus on McGillis and Gaelio was quite literally salvaging the show.
>>
>>16171453
When you consider that Rustal and other members of Gjallajorn were probably covering for his pedophilia, and all the other shit Gjallajorn did, then yes they're responsible
>>
>>16171570
>he puts Ein to rest
You mean abuses the brain of his dead childmurdering "friend" to get revenge against McGillis
>>
>>16171639
>solar weaponry
If Rustal had used a Solar Ray, it would've been more acceptable. Dainsleifs are more like beam weapons except you can shoot them with far more accuracy
>>
>>16171976
>75ish episodes
I know the show dragged, but it was only 50 episodes, anon...
>>
>>16172015
This is the last time we saw Mika struggle in a fight. In Vidar Vs Barbatos they were equal
>>
>>16171976
>doing something about it like Gaelio
You mean the incredibly spoiled brat who's had nearly everything handed to him on a platter and then turns around to be a pawn for Rustal just because he wants his petty revenge
>>
File: DNwT8kjUMAIcfvb.jpg (73 KB, 1200x675)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>16172076
This made the episode for many people
>>
>>16172165
If i remember right is because He didn't had the three operations like Mika
>>
>>16172076
Who is he revenging for here? Masahiro?
>>
>>16172668
Lafter and basically everyone
>>
>tfw Tekkadan and McGillis think they are in a Super Robo when in fact they are in a Real Robo
>>
File: 62277406_p0_master1200.jpg (210 KB, 600x600)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
I want more Akatsuki
>>
File: gibo374.jpg (28 KB, 594x335)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>16172714
A manchild to the very end
>>
If you think about it, ALL the leaders in Gundam IBO are kinda shit except maybe Kudelia and Makanai.

Orga is inexperienced at just about everything outside fighting and doesn't really have anyone who's got the balls to question his decisions or point out alternatives after Biscuit dies, so he lacks the perspective to realize that Tekkadan can settle for the status quo.

Naze doesn't care about the office politics, so he has no real allies besides Tekkadan and McMurdo Barriston when Jastley starts fucking things up.

McMurdo Barriston didn't pick a second in command who followed a similar philosophy or at least someone who understood, leading to Jastley having beefs with the Turbines and Tekkadan (who did follow similar philosophies) and undermining his authority. He also didn't do a good job of assuring Tekkadan that Jastley would be dealt with, leading Tekkadan to cut their ties and go full in with McGillis.

The Seven Stars (minus McGillis) are either clueless idiots or MASSIVE assholes who believe maintaining the status quo by gunpoint is the same as keeping the peace and don't actually DO anything to solve any problems. In fact, they CAUSED a whole bunch of them by inserting themselves in what should be internal matters, like whether or not Mars becomes independent or the African Union labor issues.

McGillis Fareed is actually a fairly decent person and leader, considering his background. His main problems all stem from his messed up childhood and inability to come up with a way to sway his best friend to a more proactive and McGillis aligned POV.

Gaelio Bauduin is a pretty moral person... who can't see the connections between what Gjallarhorn's doing, the shit Mars economy, and the kids he keeps fighting. He STILL doesn't get it until AFTER his best friend dies at his hand. He also, in S1, starts to fall apart when things that conflict with Gjallarhorn's worldview show up, like the idea that cybernetics are not inherently bad.
>>
>>16172714
That embarrassing moment when you go out for a battle and realize you forgot to put on your plot armor.
>>
>>16172730
>If you think about it, everything in Gundam IBO are kinda shit

FTFY
>>
>>16172714
>>16172723
>>16172751

What's an example of a Real character stuck in a Super show? Rossiu?
>>
File: McGillisDefined2.png (968 KB, 1700x1495)
968 KB
968 KB PNG
>>16172723

This man simultaneously amused and terrified me to no end.
>>
>>16172626

Ein, more than anything, wanted to fuck over Tekkadan more than he wanted to live. By sabotaging McGillis's plan, Gaelio helped all of Ein's wishes come true.
>>
>>16172658
He still had two whiskers. Seems like it'd be good enough to go BEAST mode like the Lupus
>>
>>16172668
Lafter and the Turbinz
>>
>>16173059
>He still had two whiskers. Seems like it'd be good enough to go BEAST mode like the Lupus
I think he got nerfed a bit because Gusion Rebake (Full City) has four arms, so one connector might just be completely used for handling those, while the other one does all the other input/output.

Mikazuki having three probably allowed one to be completely devoted to the tail, while the rest handled all the stuff for the mobile suit itself.
>>
>>16168233
This guy gets it, it wasn't that his plan was stupid rather than his plan got completely fucked by Gali still being alive so he just went fuck it.
>>
>>16172730
>he lacks the perspective to realize that Tekkadan can settle for the status quo.

I don't think the status quo would have been enough. Tekkadan needed to fight to be worth something to Teiwaz, and that meant dealing with Galarhorn, which in turn meant they were viewed as threat that needed to be taken out, which lead to Rustal's wiping them all out in the end.

If he really just disbanded that's taking a very long shot that all the people they pissed off in their season 1 fight to survive wouldn't just come looking for revenge, which included most of Galarhorn.

Status Quo pretty much ended for them the day Crank was sent after them.
>>
>>16171976

So you root for the rich elist assholes?

Fuck you what kind of hardworking average dude are you. If I met you I'd kill you in the streets rich boy. Death to the man.
>>
>>16171984
>I'm not saying the ending we got was all that satisfying but would Tekkadan pulling a win out of their ass after making mistake after mistake really have been satisfying?

I'd think them siding with the blonde anti heroic dude who wants to take over the villain faction and actually helping him pull it off and reform the world by force would be something Gundam's never really done before.

Instead Tekkadan gets smashed, the rich assholes win and the whole series ends up being a gigantic waste of time.
>>
>>16173475

Hey now, Gaelio was a hard working dude. He had a job as an internal inspector of GH, he put his own life on the line as a pilot and he commanded a ship. That's a lot of fucking work.
>>
>>16172730

>Makanai didnu nuffin wrong

Makanai is probably the fucking worst though. He's an old codger at the end of the show, but he's had a long fucking career. And the Mars oppression police was ran mostly on an national level (though GH was primarily in charge of actually enforcing it, leading to people mistakenly believing GH was responsible).

That means that for the majority of his political career, Makanai has been oppressing Mars for Arbrau's political benefit. Only when he's kicked out of office those he switch his political views, presumably because he wants to ride on Kudelia's revolutionary wave.
>>
>>16170077
So Okada is flat chested and autistic.

Explains why all of the hot women on the show died.
>>
>>16171814
>Rustal, the current head of said government,
doesn't Iznario as carta's caretaker mean he outranks Rustal at that time (that and Iznario is the older of the two).

he only became current head after enough of the seven stars lines goes extinct and it reforms out of necessity.

he even has to win the election to be president of that.
>>
>>16173475
Fuck the poor. The only things they do are bitching and chimping out.
Fucking foreign workers work harder and demand less money than them.
>>
>>16173684
Aren't Tekkadan the ultimate foreign workers? they're so foreign they aren't even from the same planet!
>>
>>16173670

Well, yes. The point is that Rustal doesn't give two shits about most people. The only thing he cares about is that Gjallarhorn gets to maintain peace and order in the Earth Sphere, even though a sizeable chunk of its population is living in abject poverty. None of the reforms at the end would've happened if it weren't for McGillis and Tekkadan's coup d'etat attempt, since all of it were reactionary measures put in place to prevent a repeat of the McGillis Fareed incident. It literally took a coup d'etat attempt for Gjallarhorn to realize that they should be doing something about the human debris and shitty economic conditions in their colonies. Kind of ironic seeing as how current-era Gjallarhorn seems to share the same lack of foresight the Calamity War-era countries had when they created the mobile armors.
>>
>>16173883
isn't that what gjallarhorn's role is, to maintain the peace? economic and social stuff lies within the blocs themselvs. heck that's why iznario's machinations with getting henri fleurs elected was viewed as gjallarhorn stepping out of bounds/power grabbing which led to some of them dropping gjallarhorn.

that's like someone complaining a human rights commission which is established to keep the government in check isn't doing anything about criminals doing violent crimes.
>>
so between Iznario's Arbrau debacle and Mcgillis' revolt, if Gjallarhorn survives for another three centuries, would the name 'Fareed' be considered a mark of shame (their emblem viewed as a stigma).

drawing comparisons to battletech's near similar events which led to their usurper's name and symbol becoming an insult/mark of shame.
>>
>>16173522
>Makanai is probably the fucking worst though. He's an old codger at the end of the show, but he's had a long fucking career. And the Mars oppression police was ran mostly on an national level (though GH was primarily in charge of actually enforcing it, leading to people mistakenly believing GH was responsible).
Considering that Chyrse was an autonomous zone, there's 50/50 odds that things happened the way you're saying or that Arbrau just told them "hey, can you try to keep that under control, since we can't really do anything about it?" and they interpreted it as "we need Gjallarhorn to crack down on this".

I mean, shit, Kudelia's DAD sells her out - odds are pretty good that any crackdown on the protesters was probably by the upper crust of Chyrse society, more than Arbrau.
>>
>>16173902

Yeah, too many people miss that GH was primarily enforcers, but they weren't the decision-makers.

It was the earth blocs who were responsible for the legal mess that was the status quo in the solar system.

Of course, there was widespread corruption at every level of society, which enabled the status quo.
>>
>>16170407

You know, he's right about that. Remember, Rustal knows everything about Kudelia. He knows she was openly associating with Tekkadan. Her adopted son is from the pilot of Barbatos, and her retinue is made out of Tekkadan survivors.

He obviously knows this, and he's holding it over her head like a sword of fucking Damocles. If he ever wanted to take out Kudelia, he'd just spread the news. It's not like anyone would gainsay him! Kudelia's basically in the Aung San Suu Kyi role: She only has as much power as Rustal allows her to have, and he doesn't really like her.

He has her nipples in a vice, so to speak. It simply serves his purpose to have her assist with reforms for now.
>>
>>16173475

The problem is, if you're an 'average dude', you're already miles above Tekkadan. It's like those people who say "Fuck the police" when they're actually white and comfortable. They aren't aware that the police is in fact protecting them from the REAL underclass, Jamal, Jose and Ahmed.

Gjallhorn does bad things, but McGillis would basically have everyone at the mercy of Immortan Joe and his War Boys. In a world where only strength matters, non-combatants get fucked.
>>
>>16171976

Tekkadan were unengaging, underdeveloped, vague and quite frankly boring. Seeing them get demolished in the end perfectly encapsulates the main agenda of each season, it was literally the rise and fall of the group.
>>
>>16172000
king of mars was basically financial security. as is, they still have to work and as much as how they'd settle for sakura farmwork, it just doesn't get enough money for them.

what they should've done was stick with teiwaz (still dangerous work but mcmurdo genuinely cares for them, to a point though) but if they won't go, what would mcgillis have done to force them to join him?
>>
File: Murue Neo.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>16171982

Except he ends up doing far more than Neo ever did. At least Gaelio ends up taking down McGillis, what the hell does Neo ever do other than reconnect with Murue and inherit the Akatsuki?

Neo exists to give a supporting character a happy ending. Gaelio exists to get his revenge on McGillis. The latter is just far more impactful in comparison.
>>
>>16174069
I still think Mwu actually died and Neo got Full Frontal'd by Mwu's newtype ghost after he was captured.
>>
File: We did it!.jpg (923 KB, 1536x2592)
923 KB
923 KB JPG
>>16172713
>>16173066
>>
>>16170002
>MacGillis is a ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV2TPHGMki4
>>
>>16171976
t.Go Nagai
>>
>abused as child
>want to make world actually better place

Better than Char who didn't cared if his sister was on colony which Zeon forces destroyed
>>
>>16174285
>He still fell for that "McGillis want to make the world actually a better place" meme.
>>
>>16174031
>>16173902

It's actually the Gjallarhorn Mars Branch who's the de facto ruler of Mars. This is even mentioned in the scenes where McGillis makes the deal with Orga; the former would transfer control of the Mars Branch over to the latter, making him the "King of Mars". They mention this once again in the ending, where Rustal intentionally downsizes the Mars Branch, in order to force the Earth blocs to give up their control over the Martian colonies.

>>16174034

Teiwaz actually still has the Dainsleif dirt on Rustal. McMurdo's probably using it to make deals with Rustal, and one of them is putting Kudelia in power as head of the Martian Union. The writers even make it a point to have Julietta mention that Teiwaz and Rustal consult on things together.




Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.