[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 02 51 franxxx.jpg (25 KB, 467x449)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
Since >>>16385711 has reached limits.
Ep 14 onwards.
Are we heading for Grand finale in the Gran crevasse?
>>
File: RA Heinlein.jpg (16 KB, 250x241)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
I can't believe this show has so far proved that Heinlein was right all along. Polygamy is the way of life even if society tries to shove it down you throat through a monogamous mecha
>>
>>16421629
Polygamy only works in the mind of otaku shits who fantasize all day about having harems of mindless women.
>>
>>16421623
My daily tip: Kill yourself asap
>>
>>16421667
What, it has worked for hundreds of year.
>>
Darling in the trash
>>
Hmm... If Zero Two returns to join Squad 13, do you wanna bet Hiro will give her a new name like the others?
Again, I hope Rainy.
>>
>>16421623
This show had one good thing going for it in 02(her mystery and femme fatale personality), and fucked it all up by making her entire character depend on the mc. Now she's a boring shitty yandere that will be the mc's goal to reunite with for the rest of the show while she works with the bad guys, and any higher, more interesting plot is out the window.
Every other character in the squad basically irrelevant. Despite the focus on Ichigo she is just there to be the losing girl and the writers seem content to prolong what should have been over 13 episodes ago, Goro is just there to...suffer? Who knows. Hiro's "personality" is as interesting as moldy bread. For a character focused show it sure has garbage characters. It can't fall back on action either because that sucks too. The dinos are some of the worst mecha enemies I've seen recently. Zero creativity.
>>
>Darling in the shit
>>
>>16421667
you have at least 10% of chance to have a harem

>>16421782
upvote
>>
>>16421722
>>16421782
>these shit names
>not shitposting in the franxx
Because this is what this show amounts to in the end.
>>16421623
If they somehow shoehorn a rebellion then it will be second to last arc with the reunion being the likely end to the GC stuff.
>>
God this show is so formulaic with it’s romantic drama. It’s also not very fun to watch, I don’t know why everyone’s losing their shit.
>>
>this is literally the worst mecha show ever made in the history of animation
yeah see you next week cool kid
>>
>>16421802
It’s not even a mecha show.
>>
>>16421804
It is.
Not a good one but it's a mecha show
>>16421795
>to shit on people
>to shit on the show
>to shit on characters
>just to jump into the shitpile that's a seasonal trainwreck
>>
>>16421825
The mechs have very little purpose to the overall story.
>>
>>16421852
>overall story
After I posted this I realize there’s still no plot, just character drama. So maybe that’s the problem.
>>
>>16421852
It's their jobs.
Show focuses more on the characters for its "plot" but its not on the level of just being a reference epiosde or just some enemy's ride.
>>
>gundam is about characters no wat
this is good
>darling is about characters not war
this is bad
>>
>>16421878
Tomino did it better, though I agree.
>>
>>16421880
And darling has the non-ethical society so the characters can make non-sense
>>
File: 1478554579663.jpg (21 KB, 400x418)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
Why can't they make simple machines?
They have levitating cities ffs
>>
>>16421852
>The mechs have very little purpose to the overall story.
So ~99% of every /m/ show ever?
>>
>>
>>16421629
Islam can never be wrong.
>>
File: 1460861562755.jpg (101 KB, 1024x904)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>16421623
>let us stop Hiro and 02 from meeting each other so that his life be safe even though it will lead to his expulsion since he is no longer a franxx pilot
>>
>>16422320
You do realize that 02 was going to leave anyways right?
>>
>>16421623
Why the heck at the beginning of the episode all the kids are perplexed by Ichigo saying that 02 suck her man dry and discart them, if at the beginning of the series they already knew her as a partner killer and even have Mitsuru as witness of that?
>>
>>16422330

Ichigo can't know that.

Shooting a fatally poisoned man does not absolve you of his murder.
>>
>>16422500
They meant Hiro, since he survived 3 rides plus she mentioned "turn him not human"
>>
After all of these bullshit Nagai pulled off to makes us suck his dick, let's read Setsuna x 00 Gundam Fanfiction instead.
>>
>>16421629
second post and you try to ruin the thread by bating 14 year olds and their insecurity.
>>
>>16422500

They were operating under the assumption that 02 simply wasn't impacting Hiro and believed that the partner killer rumors had to be urban legend.

Remember that P13's only exposure to 02's treatment of stamens was Mitsuru and Hiro; They didn't see what became of McLargeHuge or any of her previous stamens.

From the group perspective, Hiro had a serious close call during Kissing and that was it: They've been piloting fine. Only Goro knew that Hiro had any physical symptoms.

Ichigo dares 02 to deny it and the only responses she can handle are her typical "He's mine" and "Mind your own business" responses... Which are a great deal less effective once you've actually put your partner into a hospital bed.
>>
>>16421795
>God this show is so formulaic with it’s romantic drama.

I'm waiting on you to back this up. You didn't in the last thread. And yet you are here saying it again.
>>
File: asuka belittles.jpg (8 KB, 211x173)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>16421878
thing is that Gundam is about the consequences of war on people, and the setting is indeed about war despite taking place after a space colony age, reminding people that war is inevitable no matter where we go, and the series is about a bunch of civvies having to partake in a war in order to survive

Darling is about the consequences of (?true love) on people who know no love, and the setting is about kids being raised in chicken coops where the best candidates must pilot giant robots with a partner of the other gender in order to beat up giant (?electric razors) and keep (?the adults) safe, and the series is about relationship drama whose developments rely on incomplete information, on top of the world itself being largely unexplained

the setting in FranXX is something more interesting to explore than character drama which could function just as well with some minor tweaks in any other setting, instead of actually using this drama to explore the setting or vice versa
14 episodes in and we only know very little about the thematic relevance of klaxosaur attacks, the Brave New World of the adults, why the FranXX bots need to be piloted by a couple, what actually happened to the world as we know it, why children here are raised the way they are, what the fuck is APE, and so on

the setting itself has more potential, yet it's only uncovered at an agonizing pace because robot fights and character drama takes up the remaining space, and the writers felt like they could stretch things out in a 2-cour anime, I predict they're just going to reveal everything at once at the very end in an infodump to blow all the viewers away, the set-up for FranXX is so by the books that you can actually tell it's going to blast off the fucking rails at the very end in an attempt to out-wtf EoE, it's why I am still watching this to see what they'll pull
>>
>>16422803
Somehow you managed to make Franxx way more complex than Aldnoah.Zero by this post, despite it's shortcomings
>>
>>16422803
>electric razors
Even our name says Merry Christmas!
>>
>>16422803
this is like IBO but good.

I'm gonna watch now
>>
>>16422872
remember when IBO promised you worker uprisings, the rise of other paramilitary child worker groups after the success of Tekkadan, the life of a mecha mercenary, and Bael, only to shove all that shit away in favor of muh kazoku?
I obviously can't speak for the entire series as of now, but these 14 eps are very much like that
>>
>>16422803
>Darling is about the consequences of (?true love) on people who know no love, and the setting is about kids being raised in chicken coops where the best candidates must pilot giant robots with a partner of the other gender in order to beat up giant (?electric razors) and keep (?the adults) safe, and the series is about relationship drama whose developments rely on incomplete information, on top of the world itself being largely unexplained

I feel like the kid/adult thing is pretty obvious at this point. Mankind probably ran out of oil and started using the earth's thermal energy at the core to generate power. Then like Godzilla, folly of man, etc, monsters appeared. To fight the monsters, we nuked them, and that just ruined the earth. Now humans live in these big moving bunkers.

The children, well, they are either cloned or taken at birth and used to fight the monsters in big mechs, to protect the adults in the bunkers.

Why do they do that? Because there is still radiation. Eventually the kids get radiation poisoning and die.

Also, the shots are probably oni/dino blood, which is immune to the effects of radiation.

Which, because they are getting it from dead dinos, is slowly kills the kids or turns them into monsters. I really wouldn't be surprised if the monster's we've seen so far are children that were transformed with the blood of dead dinos.

Hiro won't face the same transformation because the first blood he got was from a princess that loved him at that moment.

There will probably be some reveal at the end where Dr. Franxx realizes that using dead dino blood was the dumbest shit they could have done.
>>
The blue-haired girl is a pure thot.
>>
>>16422889
>dinos immune to radiation
Something doesn't seem right about that
>>
>>16422920
>>dinos immune to radiation
>Something doesn't seem right about that

Its a godzilla / monster of the week trope. Nukes can't kill godzilla or many of the other kaiju
>>
>>16422803
Honestly, if it was 26 or 27 episodes like Eva or TTGL, instead of 24, I could excuse some of the drawn out shit. Feels like they're going to have a big time-crunch infodump within in the next 4-5 episodes, although this whole "gran crevasse" is apparently not end game.
>>
File: 1523720401930.gif (3.72 MB, 450x250)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB GIF
>>16422894
She's pretty fucking disgusting, yeah.
>>
File: 1523824210828.png (416 KB, 893x760)
416 KB
416 KB PNG
blue and red oni power up mech when?
>>
>>16423410

I think we're making a mistake if we think Gran Crevasse isn't endgame. I think this is where we're going to be for the rest of the show.

They're going to get started early, turn it into a serious quagmire and wind up all the threads around the same gigantic spool.
>>
>>16421795
People are losing their shit because it has a seasonal waifu and it's also their first ""mecha"". I use mecha loosely because the wider fanbase are just there for the shitty romance plot.
>>
>>16421773
>and the writers seem content to prolong what should have been over 13 episodes ago
I remember people praising the show for getting the love triangle out the way early cause of the early rejection. Instead we got an incredibly basic muh childhood crush dragged out way past anyone would care. The show managed to have a resolution to it when it was under developed and when it was stretched out. That is pretty impressive

But don't worry, the next trigger show will be the good one, just ignore everyone said that about Franxx!
>>
>>16422803
That is by design, if you want a show to get loads of attention these days you

Make a world with loads of neat ideas you have no plan to do anything with
Make a female character with a unique visual trait that is also easy to cosplay
Focus on character drama, especially relationships for easy emotional internet reactions
Sporadically you can give exposition bombs as shocking twists instead of good pacing, especially when there are 4 episodes left and the plot is far from being done

The ideas and promise of drama hook people in and their speculating do your job for you. By the time it is obvious nothing is going anywhere the first few episodes got enough attention than most will stick around just to see it out. When it ends people will go yeah it was awful but the setting had potential and I bought all the merch for meme-chan.
>>
Why do the mecha look like girls in costumes rather than actual machines?
>>
>>16423570

They're based on a standard shell we see effectively Strelitzia, Delphinium and the MP FranXX units in episode 6.

They're all modified off of a standard female mannequin bot, which makes modified machines look like the same girl in a different outfit.
>>
>>16423570
Why are you so retarded?
>>
File: 1523736624816.jpg (134 KB, 1000x1000)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>16423521
>>
Franxx has further solidified my theory that Inferno Cop was Trigger's peak, with the original Little Witch Academia close behind.
>>
>>16423626
This isn't even a trigger anime its another shitty A-1 mecha show
>>
>>16423588
I'm not wrong
>>
>>16421931
That would be like taking away the only gimmick the show has.
>>16421986
From where that other mech is from?
>>16421795
What else can be expected from a show centered around mechs controlled by teenage marriages?
>>16422803
This.
I am expecting some "love conquers all" kind of resolution and the world learns how to sex.
>>
>>16423626
Ninja Slayer was fun too.
This show couldv'e been good if they replaced all the dumb relationship drama with ...something else.
>>
File: ff11.jpg (103 KB, 1000x956)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
A better question is when are going to get this bad girl?

And is there any hope of getting a perfect version that transforms into a lion?
>>
File: RWW1.jpg (115 KB, 1037x900)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>16424065
>>
>>16423772
The new pacific rim
>>
File: 1523720265131.jpg (228 KB, 2560x720)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
How many dicks has 02 taken? She seemed to have no issues fucking someone she just saw as fodder.
>>
File: 1523719520354.jpg (95 KB, 848x588)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>16423615
>>
File: 1522538456964.jpg (139 KB, 850x698)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>16424086
>needing to ask
>>
in a row?
>>
File: 1523764185493.png (909 KB, 1920x1080)
909 KB
909 KB PNG
>>16422688
02 is as disgusting as her delusional fanbase
>>
>>16424103
+10 = 110
>>
>>16422688
and worst of all is that onicucks defend this shit

>gib daalin
>you put him in the hospital
>gib daalin
>you killed other people
>gib daalin
>you're making him lose his humanity
>daalin is mine gib daalin
>i thought we were friends
>never gave a fuck gib daalin
>you're grounded

>y eryone no gib daalin

>[beats the shit out of them]
>;_; gib daalin
>okay since you do seem sad you get to talk to him but while we're there
>okay gib daalin
>what he not here?
>you no gib daalin
>[beats the shit out of them]
>>
>>16424065
>>16424068
>No Girl Cherno Alpha.
Fug.
>>
>>16424134
>>16424141

I don't have a horse in either race; but Ichigo is abusing her "authority" for her personal feelings as well.

She's going to kill him as certainly as 02 will, but at least 02 won't pretend she didn't have a hand in it.
>>
File: 1523764461090.webm (2.69 MB, 1280x720)
2.69 MB
2.69 MB WEBM
>>16424150
>she won’t let Hiro and 02 meet!
Completely reasonable since 02 is a psychotic bitch who may outburst at any moment.
She also agreed to let them meet under the condition that the squads are supervising
>she ruined muh Hiro 02 ship!
02s own dawn fault for being a low EQ unreasonable bitch and upset Hiro by hitting his friends.
>b-but all the things she did is only for her self-interest!
Said she is fine with Hiro hating her as long as it keeps Hiro alive.
Literally the very definition of selfless love,
in comparison of 02 who was only using Hiro.
>>
>>16424175

You're judging Ichigo by her own story.

If Ichigo was being selfless, she wouldn't thrust herself on him at the end of the episode.

She doesn't want to see Hiro hurt, but that's not the reason she interrupted him.

Careful pulling that Agape shit; Don't try balling Greek unless you're ready for some Hamartia
>>
File: 1522817584451.png (66 KB, 1000x1000)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>>16421623
How does it feel like piloting a franxx from a pistil and stamen's POV?
From the perspective of Stamen I guess it is much like piloting your regular mecha.
But I can't see how syncing with the pistil has any direct impact to their cognitive system.
Most perplexing perspective to guess is that of a pistil. Are they just a human man-machine interface for stamen? Do they feel passiveness when stamen control their movement or they have control over quick responses?

Only simplest answer I can think of is that the entire system is like riding a horse.
Sync system essentially determines the rapport stamen and pistil. Pistil in theory can pilot the mech itself bit it would be too much for their brain to handle so stamen essentially controls most functions.
How do other squad work? So far we have seen squad 9 from other plantation with rather mass produces grunt type instead of something tailor made mechs for each individual. But it seems that they too take their relation with partner seriously.
Is squad 13 the only anomaly when it comes to interaction between team members and mecha designs?
If so, why? Is it all some keikakudori of Dr Franxx and APE?
>>
>>16424210

While it's mostly been used for trolling, the horse and jockey explanation seems pretty relevant. We see the Pistils have decent amounts of latitude while being piloted.

We also see with 02 and Hiro that Stamen can override Pistil commands, with Hiro engaging thrusters to force 02 into a maneuver not unlike pulling back the reins.

Regarding FranXX; He's doing some seriously unorthodox shit from an APE perspective, but Stamens and Pistils seem to have similar if less passionate or frictional relationships from other plantations.
>>
>>16424175
>selfless love
>forces herself onto Hiro right as 02 leaves
Sure, Strawberry was totally acting selflessly
>>
>>16424210
I'm guessing, at the very least, the Franxx use the spine and reptilian brain of the pistil, and the full brain of the stamen.

I realize it is just an anime, but maybe one person taking the full load on their brain is what hurts them.

Also, using the reptilian brain of the female might explain why the bond has to be strong. The primitive parts of your brain give in to emotion. You can't argue them into working.
>>
File: 15227795760798.webm (2.06 MB, 900x506)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB WEBM
>>16424210
Both stamen and Pistil can pilot the FranXX, but the stamen has priority over the control of the FranXX. In other words, any movement that the Stamen makes has priority over pistil's movements. This webm is the best example of this, 00 until 00:06 and Hiro from the 00:07s on.
>>
File: 1523727008943.jpg (19 KB, 640x360)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
Sai is back again
>>
File: 15219554900201.webm (2.93 MB, 854x480)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB WEBM
>>16424378
>Both stamen and Pistil can pilot the FranXX
yeah
>>
>>16424388
huh, maybe the franxx uses both reptilian brains.

That would explain why their boners fucked up and shut down the franxx
>>
>>16423626
LWA TV and Luluco have their moments but yikes are KLK and Franxx complete wrecks. And let's not even talk about Kiznaiver. Trigger's at its best when it's doing smaller self contained works, their longer TV stuff is messy at best.
>>
I think everything will be fine. Everyone is just over reacting because they had a week to feel all those sweet sweet oni adventure feels and then got punched in the gut.

002 will have time alone and grow as a person and the relationship with Hiro will be better for it.

And maybe Hiro will be pushed over the edge, become a blue oni and when they meet again they will push the Strelizia to its limits and beat ass. Maybe we'll get lucky and double oni's unlock some awesome shit in the Strelizia
>>
>>16424381
I actually felt bad for the guy this episode. maybe they are pushing him to antagonize hiro?
>>
>>16424464
He is a love martyr.
>>
File: 1523105122108.jpg (1.76 MB, 2480x3104)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB JPG
>>16424086
Actually it's 112+ now, considering Hiro and Mitsuru the 10 new ones.
>>
>>16424685
piloting together hasn't been a metaphor for sex since like the start of the show.
>>
>>16424838

Doesn't stop the 9a posting.

Trust me, it's been tried.
>>
since /a/ seemed don't care about eps 15 leak hint, I guess I'll just post it here.
>>
File: images.jpg (26 KB, 363x405)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
First, storyboard. Pic related.
>>
>>16425072
/m/ is a slow board anon. Don't expect too much attention here.
>>
>>16421623
KYS cancer
>>
File: mr korean.gif (2.97 MB, 500x281)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB GIF
Second hint about the mecha director. Should be pretty obvious.
>>
>>16422638
The fact that Ichigo, the team, and the adults all came to the same conclusion to separate them near-simultaneously says a lot about how badly 02 fucked up this time.
>>
>>16425070
Actually, many of us asked you to stay and post. You just happened to join the thread as it died.
>>
>>16425100
Nakamura, Hideki? Tell us if Ichigo gets fucked.
>>
>>16424388
I love how completely okay 02 was with this. She'd probably pilot naked if he asked her to.
>>
>>16425114
>pilot naked
what did the spic mean by this
>>
>>16424464
More like antagonize Ichigo at this point. He already had a good talk with Hiro about this entire situation, he knows Hiro is in love with 02 and Ichigo's feelings are one-sided. That might be part of why he was happy with the way things were. He might be less happy now. But not because of Hiro. Unless there's a big change in behavior I don't think Goro pins anything on Hiro or misdirects anger at him.
>>
>>16424388
>mitsuru 0 fucks given
>>
>>16425108
Nope. Filename should give you the hint. He's really famous foreign animator, my favorite animation from him is in Space Dandy 26.
>>
File: goroiku.jpg (679 KB, 1935x1296)
679 KB
679 KB JPG
>>16424381
There's a suspicious number of scenes of Goro with Ikuno this episode.

Either Goro ends up too heartbroken to sync with Ichigo or Ichigo tries to turf him in favor of Hiro.

But maybe Hiro won't let her have her way, and Ichigo will be stuck with Futoshi after another partner swap?
>>
>>16425129
>Ichigo gets stuck with the fat guy and Hiro fucks 02 and Goro realizes Ichigo's not good enough for him
That'd make me feel better.
>>
>>16425129
Team Megane look cute together

They hinted the Kokoro swap in advance with granny casually mentioning partner swapping to Zorome and a quick scene of Ikuno snapping at Futoshi.

At very least Futoshi doesn't seem to have any positive or negative feelings towards Ichigo, he'll probably do fine as a generic stamen.
>>
>>16425149
nice blog
>>
I'm really not sure what to make of the direction for this episode. Take Hiro confronting 02 for example, you're never shown any of 02's violence and the harm she did is never given detail, their unconscious bodies are are shown for around 1.5 seconds per shot in extremely low detail. The longest shots in the scene are 02 holding Ichigo up in the air by the collar, and 02's face as Ichigo's still being held in the air offscreen, Ichigo has the most hostile appearance in the entire scene when she's telling Hiro to run, Hiro looks completely apathetic when he faces 02.

If you attribute it to Hiro's perspective it gives the impression that what 02 did to the others hardly matters to Hiro at all, if you just consider it toned down for 02's sake it feels like a completely sordid admission to the disposability of side characters, and main characters' lack of any moral accountability in the eyes of the viewer. What do you make of it /m/?
>>
>>16425215
nice blog retard
not /m/
>>
File: 16 - 4 his notes.png (2.11 MB, 4664x3248)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB PNG
> OPERATION ICHI-GO

> Operation Ichi-Go (一号作戦 Ichi-gō Sakusen) was a campaign of a series of major battles between the Imperial Japanese Army forces and the National Revolutionary Army of the Republic of China, fought from April to December 1944. It consisted of three separate battles in the Chinese provinces of Henan, Hunan and Guangxi.

> Operation Ichi-go created a great sense of social confusion in the areas of China that it affected. Chinese Communist guerrillas were able to exploit this confusion to gain influence and control of greater areas of the countryside in the aftermath of Ichi-go

> Ichigo's actions will cause the Rebellion.
>>
Why do best bros always get cucked in mecha
>>
>>16425299
Cucky traits are easily confused for bro-like traits, Goro is like the perfect embodiment of this misunderstanding. For better and for worse he has never not been a pushover.
>>
>>16425322
When will there be change
>>
>>16423466
The shitty romance plot is better than most of your complete seasons of toys ads
>>
>>16425128
>Space Dandy 26.

oh yeah boy, space dandy in my franxx. Will watch.
>>
>>16425122
>More like antagonize Ichigo at this point. He already had a good talk with Hiro about this entire situation, he knows Hiro is in love with 02 and Ichigo's feelings are one-sided. That might be part of why he was happy with the way things were. He might be less happy now. But not because of Hiro. Unless there's a big change in behavior I don't think Goro pins anything on Hiro or misdirects anger at him.

We will see. Ultimately, this is a teenage drama. And teenagers are stupid.
>>
>>16425128
A1's next ep, right?
>A1 fight scenes get star driver for one
>trigger's in 4&6 blow
what went wrong
>>
>>16425215
I think he remembers 02 as a child, which makes his perspective on everything different than everyone else that just sees her as a teen juggernaut.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1523879158146.jpg (33 KB, 431x524)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>
File: DavdOYoVMAAU0_t.jpg (240 KB, 846x1200)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
>>16421986
Translation when?
>>
>>16424142
Genista a shit though
>>
>>16421795
In a world where everyone is trying to innovate and nobody is accomplishing anything, sometimes just doing the basics and executing them extremely well is better.

All the new ideas in the world are useless if you don't make it to the finish line. Can you name any mecha shows recently that have made it that far?
>>
>>16422803
The world runs on incomplete information, lest you forget that you are privvy to the narrative and not any one character's perspective.

Japan is also a nation where talking about one's feelings is still considered quite shameful, and people are expected to pick up on the feelings of others through intuition alone.

You're basically upset that this show is made for its target audience rather than you and that you've grown up quite a bit since you first got into this kind of thing.

Franxx is meant to be someone's first mecha show. All it has to do is execute the basics supremely well.

Lord knows the genre needs more fans over there given how unprofitable it has become and how stuck up its own ass it is, pushing out new potential fans who don't understand the injokes and references.

The point of Franxx is to get fresh blood.

Enjoy it for what it is or don't watch it and move on.
>>
>>16424141
Read some Japanese mythology and realize what the tendencies of oni are, please. The entire point of this is she has pattern behavior that she's going to have to unlearn on her own.

Generally a red without a blue is unruly, singleminded, deterministic and answers all problems with violence.
>>
>>16425591
This is all the more ironic considering Franxx isn't even doing well and is tracking to do worse than Aldnoah/Zero, Valvrave and IBO. In fact nobody would have given a rat's ass about this show if Trigger weren't involved in it which gets goes to show how incredibly shallow most anime fans are nowadays.
>>
>>16424175
If the narrative says you can't be together unless one of you become human and that's impossible then you look for the logic that would put you together. The implication is only things which are the same can be together, so from that perspective her choice is actually very logical given that her endgoal is to be together within the narrative context of that psychological construction established in her youth.

Her own selfhatred means unless she can be like the person she cares about, she has zero self worth outside of satisfying immediate interests like pain, exhaustion, boredom, etc.

What she doesn't realize is that she can be like others not through typing or demographic similarity but through her actions, choices and decisions which given she was raised treated like an animal and a beast and tortured on a regular basis, she assumes she is incapable of because those she was raised around see her as incapable of it and that kind of support network is important for the growth of a young person.

What she doesn't realize is that believing in the dream, the book itself, was the most fundamentally human thing she could have possibly done.

Either her reversion is going to have far more severe consequences to her limited rationality and capacity to coexist among humans or she has no idea that she's already half way there.
>>
>>16424210
I think the action of both pilots is taken into consideration. She can perform very fine motor movements, but higher cognitive planning is performed by the male though from the looks of things they seem to switch roles occasionally depending on how instinctive/autopilot/unconscious the action is.

Deciding where to be is likely the male's job but deciding how to execute his plan with physical motion, balance, grace and finesse is likely her's.

If he puts her in a bad situation and doesn't share how to cope if it folds in on itself, there's little she can do.

Similarly, if she doesn't perform properly, the performance of the Franxx itself is greatly reduced.
>>
>>16425618
I think the problem ultimately is that anime is being made for anime fans and in Japan, that's going to be an increasingly dwindling number, coupled with Japan's really low birth rate and the limited amount of disposable income.

Really I think the only future for anime as brutal as it sounds is going to be working with the international market rather than hyperfocusing on the domestic market which at this point is very stale.

The other problem is that a lot of the talent in anime is also being run into the ground. Animators aren't paid a living wage and usually live with friends or family, studios shake up their staff too often to cultivate talent, sponsorship rules the landscape and severely hinders the kinds of stories that can be told, lightnovel adaptations are seen as a sure fire way to milk the money from people who likely aren't even that interested...

DVD sales are not the way forward either for monetizing anime. The sad truth is in 2018 you could do some kind of direct digital download with a payment system.

Really what's needed going forward is some kind of patreon like system where people chip money into a studio and then vote on what kind of anime they want made and what kinds of things they want to see... Though this would likely be good in the short term creating some very popular franchises that then aren't allowed to die because the audience won't let them.
>>
>>16425618 (cont)

Like I said, the kind of push and pull that comes from culture mixing is going to be needed here. Japan's grasp on aesthetic is legendary but their understanding of narrative irony or tragedy is a few thousand years behind that of the west because they never had a period where they reinterpreted modern tragedy through the work of the greeks, who's civilization lasted longer than any of ours.

Its really nice seeing when they do, like when they shine their own mythology through the lens of these kinds of storytelling devices and philosophical explorations you get something like bakemonogatari which is very self aware and handles a lot of anime tropes with a cheeky wink of post modernist subversion which works far better in narrative than it generally does in artwork.

Generally though, most Japanese shows excluding pure comedy are told very straight laced, as if acknowledging the scaffolds of the story that were established by those who came before them is inherently wrong or dangerous in some way, that they cannot be challenged without building an entirely new paradigm or then smothering the challenge in affection as a way of saying "don't worry, we really love this thing, we just want to understand it".
>>
File: Bracer Phoenix.jpg (286 KB, 1200x774)
286 KB
286 KB JPG
>>16423772
Bracer Phoenix
>>
>>16425618
Again, anime really is A+ for presentation but when it comes to the writing, there's this belief in a lot of foreign film and writing circles that Japan doesn't know how to write a satisfying ending anymore because as a nation they haven't learned to tie up their loose ends.

Culturally I can kinda see it, even though it's condescending as all hell to say and not really a very nice thing to say about a country's culture.

Really, Japan is a nation of children. I don't mean this because of their "lol so randum" stuff, which is their obsession with novelty and aesthetic but discussing ethics or politics is really hard in Japan because maintaining harmony and order is usually seen as more important than innovation and that sews the seeds of the nation: to save face and build consensus. Impasse is met with deflation, rather than explosion.

That need to build harmony tends to mean Japan doesn't really tell culturally subversive stories very often (which are usually quite prized in the west: Japan has no nineteen eighty four) and after a while the only way to tell a story without at least partially subverting a culture or an idea is to focus on the set dressing and the execution which Japan knocks right out of the park with illustration.

I'm not saying either way of doing things is objectively better so much as maybe mixing strengths from different places might yield a better product overall.

You could say "But hey, what are we meant to expect from a small xenophobic sexist archipelago that normalizes an unhealthy interest in children and youth that's full of yes men?" I dunno. Change to the national indset will come eventually as its begun with the herbivorous males focusing on hobbies and interests rather than jobs and sex. Its all very interesting to see where things will go.

I wish you the best, little island.
>>
File: 1444392942942.gif (2.03 MB, 383x207)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB GIF
>>16425686
>>16425719
>>16425719
>>16425738
>>
>>16424142
>Cherno
Suddenly I'm imagining Futoshi talking to his bread like The Heavy talks to his sandvich.
>>
File: 1460177393741.jpg (59 KB, 640x480)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>16421623
From /a/ to most anime communities everyone is sperging out since yesterday.
Holy shit what's the big deal its like everyone expected something else to happen.
>>
>>16425246
Please compile all the previous iterations of your interpretations
It is the only reason I am watching this show
>>
File: 1523545764037.jpg (175 KB, 800x533)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>16425782
>Holy shit what's the big deal its like everyone expected something else to happen.
Yeah, they did actually.
A week ago those saying a separation arc would happen were called shitposters. "healing" episode would follow, despite ep 12 and parts of 13 indicating that shit won't go smooth.
Plus ichigo's love triangle shit frequently pissed off viewers weeks earlier.
>>
>>16425578
>sometimes just doing the basics and executing them extremely well is better.
But it isn't, the execution is also formulaic and dull. If anything the show is an example of ideas over execution. All people talk about is dumb theories, general complaints and waifu shitposting
>>
>>16426068
What would you have us talk about faggat?

Talking about how the robots work or where the monsters are from is half the fun.
>>
>>16424371
>>16424399
Neural interface has been confirmed with images of 02's memories during Hiro's dive was recorded by command center which they simply conclude as hallucination.
>>16421623
As I had said before waiting for the revelations is the only thing show has to offer
>>
>>16426284
>Neural interface has been confirmed with images of 02's memories during Hiro's dive was recorded by command center which they simply conclude as hallucination.

huh, I did not realize they could see what the pilots are thinking.

I wonder how dr franxx and papa will feel knowing that Hiro now remembers they erased his memories and took away his first waifu? causing all his suffering?

That might be the real reason they had already decided to split them up and send 002 back to 9s. Because they don't really give a shit about Hiro's safety. Well, Papa doesn't. It is unknown how heartless Dr Franxx really is.
>>
>>16425591
>>16425618
A/Z(season 1) and IBO actually sold well. This show is 2k average at best.
>>
>>16426322
>Under the Manabi line

Its dead Jim.
>>
>>16426322
Can we not argue using sales figures like a bunch of /v/ troglodytes?
>>
The MC in Franxx is somehow worse than any other mecha MC. I really like the mecha designs, the designer also did work for Gainax in the past.
>>
>>16426612
You haven't seen many mecha mcs have you?
>>
>>16426639
No, I have. Hiro just seems to be on another level of self-insert blandness. He acts like a robot.
>>
>>16426660
Dude, have you watched all the episodes? Episode 13 is legitimately cool to watch. Giro is being a normal little boy, doing little boy shit.

And did you see episode 14? That look of disgust when ichbitch kissed him? When did your toaster look at you like that.

The shit from the haters is tured. The Mc is bad. The writing is bad. It's not making money. Too much drama. Etc etc. Get some new material. You guys say this same shit everytime something you don't like gets popular.
>>
File: weg darlifra.jpg (198 KB, 1008x401)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
>>
>>16426717
>The Mc is bad. The writing is bad. Too much drama.
Valid points.
>>
>>16425236
>Directly request input/discussion
>NICE BLOG LOL
>>
>>16426717
>gets popular.

Not in japan.
>>
>>16426803
No one cares, child autist.
>>
>>16426826
>No one cares

Oh I think studios making the anime care.
>>
File: IMG_1146.jpg (65 KB, 394x700)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
So what's the show about? Is it even about mecha? The girl with the horns looks cute.
>>
>>16426803
Considering all the fan art floating around I'd say its popular enough.

Unless you're some kind of sperg who thinks BD sales mean anything when anyone with half a brain knows the industry moves on merch and not actual sales of the show. As long as someone somewhere is putting out gunpla, mecha anime tend to do okay
>>
>>16426717
Episode 13 was good. Arguably the best episode in the series, because for the first time the MC had agency and acted like a person.
I like Eureka Seven, and NGE. So I'm obviously not opposed to drama when its good.

The show is half over and there still isn't an over-arching plot or enemy. Its all forced teenage drama.
>>
>>16426925
Hopeful it is building up to something grand like hire going oni and this allows hiro and 002 to unlock something grand in their mecha.
>>
>>16426948
I am too. I like everything else about the show. If it had a better story it would be one of the best.
>>
>>16426955
I think the story is fine. It's just subtle. We've slowly discovered that the real villain is the government and the mcs are disposable combat slaves.

It's also nice to see an honest image of how fucked up teen dating is. If this was any other show, the pairings would be assumed and stick for most of the show.

Also, if this was a harem show, Hiro would never make a choice. It would just be ich and 002 going after him and Hiro somehow being oblivious.

Characters actually making a choice on who they want to date is great.
>>
>>16426717
>The Mc is bad. The writing is bad. It's not making money. Too much drama

Truth hurts. Get over it.
>>
>>16426600
That's not an argument. It's a fact there is no hope for this show to sell even remotely close to IBO or A/Z which were also far more successful at getting new people into mecha. At most this show will get people into TLR.
>>
>>16427202

I fail to see the problem.
>>
File: kokoroboobs.jpg (172 KB, 900x1200)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>16427202
>At most this show will get people into TLR.
More like NTR.
>>
>>16427202
>It's a fact there is no hope for this show to sell even remotely close to IBO or A/Z which were also far more successful at getting new people into mecha. At most this show will get people into TLR.

Why do you care? Why would a nonjapanese mecha fan pin all their hopes and dreams upon one mecha show?
>>
>>16427202
This is a bad thing?
>>
>>16427202
Consider me one
>>
>>16427202
TLR?
>>
>>16421773
She's been clearly in love/dependant on Hiro since ep 1 what are you talking about?
>>
>>16426868
Technically, it is about mecha
>>
>>16426983
>We've slowly discovered that the real villain is the government and the mcs are disposable combat slaves.

Show made it apparent in first 3 episodes. It would be too soon to call them true villains. If anything to go by, who franxx system is the only line of defense against Klaxsaurs.
>>
>>16426983
>Also, if this was a harem show, Hiro would never make a choice. It would just be ich and 002 going after him and Hiro somehow being oblivious.
>Characters actually making a choice on who they want to date is great.

You do realize that piloting the mechs has put themselves in this matchmaking bullshit? They can even change their partners too to perform well.
>>
I think the only two good mecha shows in the last few years have been the original Build Fighters and Franxx. Every other mecha show I've seen rear its head has been pretty much bullshit.
I don't usually watch anime "because anime" unless its Gundam but I do read quite a fair bit of manga, pre 90's science fiction films (generally the more obscure or Bside the better)
I can say that having gotten roped into more anime lately, I've enjoyed Kemono Friends, Dragon Made, Mein klein Nationalsozialistische Loli and Uncle Lovecraft's Funtime Murderhole.
I'm really enjoying Franxx. Its a nice new take on the Brave New World, and it tells it from the perspective of someone going through it rather than serving the audience directly, which in turn serves the characters really well.
>>
File: 1523918867219.jpg (3.63 MB, 3217x3781)
3.63 MB
3.63 MB JPG
right in the feels.

https://vimeo.com/264934928
>>
>>16427787
>You do realize that piloting the mechs has put themselves in this matchmaking bullshit? They can even change their partners too to perform well.

that isn't a counter point. Franxx isn't a tradtional harem like Tenchi or similar. Almost everyone has only one person they want, In Harem animes there is never any follow through.
>>
File: 1523702930146.png (451 KB, 539x540)
451 KB
451 KB PNG
>>16421986
>>16425497
>tfw you like DitF and Pacific Rim but see that the crossover is with Uprising instead of the original movie
>>
>>16427780
The children are just a convenient solution to the adult's problems. That's why they give them numbers and dehumanize them so badly.

If the klaxos were such an existential threat against the human race I'm sure there'd be full combined arms against them like MuvLuv instead of just letting a bunch of disposable teen robot pilots handle it alone.

The government seems to be intentionally antagonizing them with their mysterious drilling projects and stealing their precious magma.. I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up with a "klaxosaurs did nothing wrong".
>>
File: Genista 4.jpg (715 KB, 1980x1050)
715 KB
715 KB JPG
>>16427886
Let me make your day a bit better then.
>>
>>16427888
I fully expect some neir shit where the klax were dead or transformed children from the yellow cell injection. And that the adults were never really in danger. The kids and mechs are just pest control.
>>
>>16425738
>>16425719
>>16425686
>generalizing an entire population
>when it's culture and anime shuns the very things you endorse.
>implying japan likes pedopilia and behaving random, as well being a general dipshit
>what is No Longer Human
>think they are full of people like nagai

What you're saying is right, but you're overthinking it, man.
>>
File: 1522062221975.jpg (249 KB, 1491x2048)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
>>16427891
>posting slutbot
Anon you're just going to make his day worse.
>>
>>16427202
Honesty, I wouldn't mind some more TLR.
>>
>>16427923
If I only liked mechs because of their pilots I wouldn't like any from this show
>>
>>16427689
To love ru
>>
>>16427964
>If I only liked mechs because of their pilots I wouldn't like any
ftfy
>>
>>16428036

That's disturbingly /m/
>>
>>16427873
Franxx is not an harem anime to begin with.
>>
>>16428036
>ftfy
Wrong
>>
>>16428116
>Right
ftfy
>>
>>16422686
So he would've succeeded perfectly if he had posted that on /a/?
>>
>>16428127
>implying anyone in /a/ actually knows authors outside Light Novel crowd
>>
Darl
>>
File: daaalin.png (95 KB, 386x667)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
>>16424141
This inspired me.
>>
>>16428342
daalin plz
>>
>>16428342

This one's going on the fridge.
>>
File: 1523896924335.png (774 KB, 1200x914)
774 KB
774 KB PNG
so, does anyone on /m/ have any theories about the world of franxx or what will happen in the rest of the show?

/m/ seems to be more mature than /a/, so I figured some of you have something on your mind.

I will also accept sexy bot pictures.
>>
>>16428404
Hiro
Is
Charlemagne
>>
>>16428404
I had theories. But a while ago I started to get the impression that I care more about it than the writers, so I'm convinced it will end up being a let down or poorly explored, or best case scenario be completely bottlenecked towards the end of the show.
>>
>>16428404
Human society is a kafka trap. People live longer or are immortal at the cost of discarding their emotions.
Teenagers are franxx pilots only and are test tube babies designed to die before adulthood.
02 is a human form Klaxosaur. Klaxosaurs are probably related to, if not the result of Human society stagnating.
Hiro turns into a Blue Oni by embracing emotional side. Through the power of his dick him and 02 resist adult society and try to live/love/make children.
>>
>>16428404
I am expecting shin sekai York's "watashi wa ningen da!" moment
>>
File: 1523939553103.png (97 KB, 1581x687)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
>>16428404
This is the most convincing theory I've seen.
>>
>>16428424
I figure they will neuter both hiro and 002 by the end because Japanese people have no idea how to write couples outside of a traditional framework.

Or they might just kill them both so they don't have to attempt it.
>>
File: 1522962535621.jpg (29 KB, 620x400)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>16428404
Just like Maze runner and Divergent series ended
>>
>>16428416
I cringed
>>
>>16425391
This is his animation in space dandy by the way
https://sakugabooru.com/data/d063e897d186477ef500a33437560adb.webm

>>16425394
Yes, next episode is CloverWorks.
>>
>>16428564
Hey lets head back to /a/ where we can discuss this ANIME in more detail!
>>
>>16428567

I'm not sure I like your tone.

Are mecha girls not mecha enough for you?
>>
>>16428584
no
>>
File: 811.png (1.34 MB, 1000x933)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
>>16428438
This anon knows what's up there
>>
>>16428424
This makes a lot of sense!
Now I have a feeling that it will have a tragic ending
>>
>>16428424
/his/friend's theory is allot better.
>>
Darling in the FranXX might not be the worst show I've ever seen in my life.
>>
File: 17th 4 his notes.png (1.31 MB, 3772x2052)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
Things to notice:

* The 15th Episode of LoGH was the episode in which the Battle of Amritsar occured.
* On the 15th August, IJA officers attempts to kidnap HIROhito to prevent peace negotiations from coming about.
>>
>>16428682
I mean it's cute but it's not nearly as substantiated. You're never going to understand the overarching themes of a story by making vague numerical connections.
>>
>>16428601
When did /m/ become so immature?

"I don't like this thing so neither should you, its garbage because I decided it is".
>>
>>16425236
Nice meme.
>>
>>16428564
I have a bit of hope for the Grand Crevasse battle now
>>
>>16425750
babicriharder4bottlepliz
>>
Odd thing I'm noticing:

My male friends unless they have Faith in trigger or A1 generally don't like Franxx. This goes double if they're either not big into the mecha genre or they really love Eva. Many reacted with disgust.

My female friends unanimously love Franxx and say its gotten a lot of things right that nothing else even tries to deal with.

When I asked the female friends about the reaction of the male friends, they said the guys probably lacked the sensitivity to follow the story and that they were fixed on the development of the world and the plot rather than on the characters.

Pushing a bit further one in particular said the two are immutable and the emotional impact of a story is its characters, so for a show to spend so long setting them up means something quite big is coming.

In her words, a lot of you are still riding on your initial impression of the show and you haven't actually been trying to follow what the show is about because you're expecting a typical mecha show with big fights and world development.

Another, the mother of three children says its to be expected because boys are taught that talking about feelings is to reveal weakness, so Franxx is going to make a lot of male viewers react very very uncomfortably to its themes which are about how harm perpetuates and how people set arbitrary starting lines where they think when something happens, they will change when really change must come from within.

Then she said something clever: "Being ridged means you'll break in situations where yielding would have kept you in one piece. Boys like shows where being ridged is rewarded. Franxx isn't really that kind of show. Even something that yields can be broken eventually if its pushed hard enough though."
>>
>>16429079
This post reads like a bad light novel translation
>>
The show is getting good reviews from someone who's incredibly aggressive and picky about their shows.

"The show has no depth": Please watch this series (its updated to episode 13 so far), there is all the depth you need: He's literally about to talk about the layers and interactions within the show for hours at a time in an academic manner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXm_s_MAQkA
>>
File: 1519498529908.jpg (58 KB, 630x604)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>16429079
TL;DR Post Zoromes
>>
>>16429091
Oh. Sorry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semantic_pragmatic_disorder

I'm not autistic, but I was mute until about four months after my seventh birthday.
>>
File: 002 HES A DREAMBOAT.png (54 KB, 973x521)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>16421623
>>16422803
Yeah but this is good drama, and look at Eva, you could do an entire 13 episode series on the world and instead it focused on equally drama maligned MC's. It hinted at shit and by the time it could be discerned what was going it was too late.

Allotah thew complaints im seeing are:
>Wahhhh give me the relationship satisfaction i want now!
Even though drama is good for characterization and sparking discussion like we are having now.

or

>Wahhhhhh do more world building! Give me 13 hour audio book lore breakdown of world(Ever since EP02 mind you)
Even though slowburn world building enplanes shit in retrospect is better and sparks discussion like we are having now.
>>
File: 1521129558931.jpg (60 KB, 506x693)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>16429106
>I'm not autistic, but I was mute until about four months after my seventh birthday.
Fuck, now I feel bad.
>>
>>16429113
Ah, don't worry about it, its fine.

Most of the time I can fake I'm normal enough but if I get a bit excited or tired its more difficult. It does make me wonder how recognizable my posting style is though.
>>
File: Argentea.jpg (1.11 MB, 1455x1491)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
>>16429123
To be fair I don't recognize it so must not be to long that much of the time or what not.

Anyways as for what your post said I didn't expect this to be as popular with the ladies, but then again the show suckered me in with Ecchi and Robots then it was a drama so I can see why I suppose. Albeit I'm enjoying it more than I thought as I don't mind drama though this isn't usually what I go for in a drama of any sort I've been liking it well enough. Won't say either way if I don't think it'll pay out or not depends on what they do in the final stretch.

I will say it's been an interesting ride doubly so if only for the threads that pop up and watching /a/ meltdown.
>>
>>16429136
I would go by my own example, but I don't see a mecha board ever believing I'd post here so it would invalidate my opinion by doubting my demographic. Given where I'm posting, it makes perfect sense, really.

I'm looking forward to see how the show pans out. I'm learning quite a lot about the people I know just from the way they talk about it and the little things they pick up on that I don't. Its really nice.

I'm also not going to lie. The robot designs are really attractive even though I'm not that much into girls. I can see my first figurine in years being and Franxx.
>>
Er, being a Franxx. Pretty embarrassing to mess that up.
>>
>>16429112
>Even though slowburn world building enplanes shit in retrospect is better and sparks discussion like we are having now
there's a difference between a slow burn and no burn at all, I liked the beach episode (out of all fucking things), the Zorome episode and ep 13, but as a result of the double cour length worldbuilding is often locked in the closet in favor of relationship drama and occasionally pulled out to remind the viewer there's something actually beyond drama in this show.

I wouldn't mind so much if the MC didn't suffer from LN protagonist syndrome, or if the side characters also got some more attention on average instead of having their presence only be validated in specific character-focused episodes. The general pacing of the world being slowly uncovered is just too uneven. Heck, isn't this episode a more expanded repeat of the episode right after when Hiro recovers from DINO/AIDS after riding with 02 for the third time and Ichigo confronts 02 for being a bad influence on Hiro? (only to definitely move on from Hiro in the following episodes just to chain him with her love in this one)
>Give me 13 hour audio book lore breakdown of world
This is most likely what they're going to do towards the end and probably nobody is going to like it
>>
>>16429079
>>16429091
What it reads like is some redditor's blog.
>>16429106
>>16429113
>>16429123
>>16429136
Oh hey what a fucking surprise. Shitty anthropology anecdotes are not mecha by the way.
>>
File: Genista 20.png (965 KB, 1231x1559)
965 KB
965 KB PNG
>>16429149
>I can see my first figurine in years being and Franxx.
If one of pic related happens I'll be on it like white on rice.
>>
>>16426870
>fanart
You really are retarded
>Unless you're some kind of sperg who thinks BD sales mean anything when anyone with half a brain knows the industry moves on merch and not actual sales of the show
Except Franxx is an original property with nothing but BD sales to go by dumbass. If it flops there it really doesn't stand it chance And yes its not popular.
>>
File: Drax.jpg (150 KB, 700x1120)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>16427809
>>
File: Bellri Bunny.jpg (185 KB, 480x710)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>16427809
>I think the only two good mecha shows in the last few years have been the original Build Fighters and Franxx
You're forgetting someone anon.
>>
File: Da0mTLNVwAEo6Do.png (914 KB, 1152x1100)
914 KB
914 KB PNG
>waiting for more Franxx units to appear
Did any production notes get released revolving around the MP Franxx units? Do your think they have flower names like all of P13's?
Would we finally get the nines in action in ep 15/16 with their franxx?
>>
>>16428407
Is it fair to say that Charlemagne is a man among men?
>>
>>16429170
>X is not mecha

People are really still saying this? This happens when any slightly show other than Gundam shows up that does something different with mecha.

Honestly, a giant robot is a setpiece. Know the place of the thing you like or go back to mechwarrior.
>>
>>16429211
I actually didn't see Reconguista. I had a hard time with it because /m/ did nothing but shit talk and spoil it and I was too busy to watch a show at the time.

That's a really cute bun though. He's really cute.
>>
The sheer negativity in this thread... Good grief.

1. Yes, its mecha.
2. If you don't like it, don't watch it.
3. If you don't like it, don't watch it.
4. Zero Two isn't a slut because piloting is a metaphor, not actual sex.
>>
>>16429079
>they were fixed on the development of the world and the plot rather than on the characters.

I am interested in the world and plot because whatever happening to characters and their action is based around the condition they find themselves in. In fact the show itself likes to tease about it and building up to it so we have "aha!" moment later on.
If the show really wants to press on some meta theme about adultz and their status quo then it would end on a very tragic note with no revelation whatsoever.
>>
>>16426717
>popular

1 Sora Yori (74.9)
2 Yuru Camp (71.3)
3 Violet Evergarden (68.6)
4 Takagi-san (64.4)
5 Ryuuou no Oshigoto (63.5)
6 After the Rain (63.1)
7 Shinkalion (62.3)
8 Overlord 2 (62.2)
9 Slow Start (61.3)
10 Gakuen Babyshitters (61.1)
11 Hakuei to Mikochi (60.9)
12 Darling in the Franxx (60.7)
13 Mitsuboshi Colors (60.7)
14 Citrus (60.5)
15 Saiki s2 (60.5)

https://www.anikore.jp/chronicle/2018/winter/ac:tv/
>>
File: 1523786953638.jpg (128 KB, 1365x1075)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>16427891
thank anon
>>
>>16429219

People here have the attention span of gnats on quaaludes, what else is new.

But then again, I'm sure you could create a show that is nothing but robots fighting for 30 minutes every week and you'd still find a way to lose their interest.
>>
>>16429239

To be fair he probably means popular on 4chan. Also, HOLY SHIT SHINKALION IS THAT HIGH?

Are we finally going to see more super robot shows, or is it just due to train autism?
>>
>>16429285
Train autism most likely. Its a good show nonetheless
>>
>>16429299
>>16429299
>Its a good show
Franxx is shit tho
>>
>>16429239
No one cares.
>>
>>16429301
>My preference is everyone's because I have no theory of mind
>My preference elevates me above everyone else
>The show is shit because I'm not part of the target audience and I am my entire world
>How dare you expect me to try enjoying something that's different
>I don't like change
>>
>>16429079
As an adult male, I think young men need more shows like this. If only to gain empathy for people that have unwanted admirers. Or to see how a relationship develops. Or to see the faces people make when they like you or don't like you. Hiro's look of disgust in ep 14 is priceless.

I can see why it makes men uncomfortable though. Men receive the bulk of direct rejection. Too many flashbacks to failed crushes from their youth maybe.
>>
>>16429101
Speaking of Zorome, what did the Lady say told him about himself in Zorome's day out episode?
>>
>>16429413

I think the temperament may even out as we see resolution for Ichigo and Ikuno: Most of DitF has been focused on the suffering and ineptitude of men in love and how it negatively impacts their love interests.

While 02 faced a hell of a setback in 14; It's buffered by her unique circumstances and the amount of focus they've placed on her potential happy ending: High risk, high reward instead of sunk costs.
>>
>>16429239
Fucking hispanoweebs not translate Shinkalion in Spanish, well is not the first time I'm see in english, thanks burgerweebs
>>
>>16429079
Translation: the girls are easily won over by relationship drama, pretty designs and the lack of any really development letting them read in further than any writer planned. They don't care if the emotions on screen were earned or part of a well executed sequence but that it happened. And to justify this shit taste they force their own world views onto the show to pretend it was being expressed.

Actual translation franxxfags are kinda sad with how they make up these big theories and stories about what their imaginary friends said. hard to tell if it is just normal shitposting or they are delusional
>>
>>16429572
When Darling just started airing there was so very little to talk about besides the silly concept and mechs, and with threads refusing to die normally because it was a Trigger anime, people just started theoryposting out of boredom. Nowadays theoryposting is just a meme after how ridiculous the theories became and things actually started happening in Darling
>>
>>16429572
I think your expectation of the agency of the cast is too high, given you're expecting the story to be a "smash the system" deal so you can live vicariously through them.

You think the characters are awful for enduring a life because you can't imagine a character never knowing better since you've had easy access to information your entire life and they have not.

Instead of getting invested in them or letting yourself get invested, you're more interested in pointing out that the show retreads a lot of existing ground or telling strangers on the internet that because the show isn't exactly what you want out of a show and that you might not be the target audience you think its awful and you assume everyone who likes the show is an idiot.

>My preference is everyone's because I have no theory of mind
>My preference elevates me above everyone else
>The show is shit because I'm not part of the target audience and I am my entire world
>How dare you expect me to try enjoying something that's different
>I don't like change

Please, get over yourself.
>>
>>16429520
>Most of DitF has been focused on the suffering and ineptitude of men in love and how it negatively impacts their love interests.

I would say the ineptitude of anyone in love. Both of the girls and boys are suffering because of fuck ups. Admittedly this is a post apocalyptic world, full of slave children, that are getting zero education on how to work this shit out, but it is what it is. Everyone, ideally, could have made better decisions.
>>
I'm just here for the ride
>>
File: 1523902763297.jpg (176 KB, 1280x720)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>
>>16429741

While that's true, we're waiting on the gut punches for Ichigo and Ikuno (which will likely come close together or in the same episode).

Comparing the characters, the men are in significantly more pain (Not that it's not also deserved: With few exceptions, they also make harder and more damaging errors.)
>>
>>16426868
>what's the show about
"How many sex metaphors can we make in 24 episodes?"
>>
>>16429413
The boys also make the bulk of proposals and declarations. You can only be shot down if you ask in the first place, really.

Normally when the girls make a proposal they do it through euphemism and they almost always either get flat out ignored and not acknowledged by the boys or rejected, suffering horribly for it in a way they're not equipped to communicate.
>>
>>16429758
>"How many sex metaphors can we make in 24 episodes?"

The show is about learning the difference between lust and love, how to cooperate in a relationship as a couple and how abuse perpetuates abuse and how in a relationship your job is basically going to be to fix eachother because everybody both sides is damaged goods.
>>
>>16429741
People don't always make ideal decisions. As the audience, we're more mature (in most cases) than the characters: Expecting them to act as adults is pretty unreasonable given not only their age but also their hardship and their lack of useful information.
>>
>>16429754
>more damaging errors.

I don't know if I see this. Most would say Goro and Futoshi haven't really done anything. They're feelings have been at the whims of the women they like. Ikuno is gay (or that weird phase of gay you see jp girls grow out of in fiction) and other than trying to pilot with another girl, hasn't made any relationship decisions. Mitsuru is probably gay for Hiro and felt betrayed for a long time. Kokoro hurt a guys feelings because she has trouble speaking up her for herself. Ichigo is obsessive and suffering now because she didn't pursue Hiro before seeing him with 02. Hiro new he wanted 02 from the first second, both as a child and a teenager. And 02 withheld full love from Hiro because she was protecting her heart for shota Hiro (and in doing so, doing shitty things to teenage Hiro), only to find they were one in the same.

If anything, 02 and Ichigo are the two biggest fuck ups because they refuse to let the relationships around them progress naturally. Ichigo by trying to force or manipulate Hiro into a relationship, while 02 is trying to force everyone out of one in effort to hold out for an ideal perfect one.
>>
If they have to waste time on this worthless cast can they either
1) have them beat the shit out of each other at all times
2) be funny and entertaining like those comics that look like Panty and Stocking

because otherwise they could throw out every last person in this show and I'd give no fucks
>>
>>16429803

I think that's fair. I just feel that the Pistils as a group have gotten off lighter; That's not likely to stay true into 15-16 though; They're prime targets for death flags.
>>
>>16429803
>Ikuno is gay
this is just a meme
because ikuno has been a nothing character for the last 14 episodes people meme her as a lesbian despite nothing in the show saying she is, just to have something interesting about her
>>
>>16429751
That whole setup is an accident waiting to happen. All someone has to do is trip.
>>
>>16429812
So basically you're looking for a comedy.

You've really gone into this expecting the wrong things.
>>
>>16429820
you wot

>wanted to 'pilot' together with Ichigo in a series where piloting is heavily symbolic for romance
>"I was serious, you know."

this is some serious speedwatching right here
>>
>>16429846
really I'm looking for robots, but I've accepted that the retards are going to be front and center
so make them funny or make them hit each other
>>
>>16429846
Considering it's Trigger and looking at both the character and mecha designs, you can't blame someone for going in expecting a comedy.
>>
Having rewatched #14, it can safely be said that Ichigo went way too deep with the kiss but at the same time, it was a wake-up call that Hiro sorely needed. He's too deep in Stockholm/Battered Wife Syndrome to realize that he's got good options, BETTER options right in front of him.
>>
>>16429848
Seriously. She even likes to touch her shoulder to remind herself of her waifu before sinking.
>>
>>16429861
That's not how teenage love works.

Though, teenage love also doesn't work like a fantasy book your ghost grandma gave you. So who knows.
>>
>>16429887
Also, I want to congratulate trigger on straddling making a point about how girls damage relationships by holding out for a fairytale while also fulfilling the fairtale. I can only imagine how satisfying it is for teen girls to watch this and get to eat their cake and have it too.

Assuming no dark end and trigger murders half the cast.
>>
>>16429816

No-one will die in the coming episodes, at least not singly, because if a pistil dies and leaves a stamen without a partner their character is basically worthless and deserving only of liquidation.
>>
>>16429927

Therein lies the rub: If you wanted to shock a character, now would be the time, during Gran Crevasse while they're "going over the top".

No one in particular is a target really though: Closest targets are Delphinium for instant karma or Argentea for blindside potential.
>>
>>16429936

I don't think you got my point.

If anyone dies, at all, they die together. There's absolutely nothing to be gained from killing half of a pair, in reference to presumably your statement of pistils 'getting off lightly', because that would render the other half worthless.
>>
>>16429940

The fact that leaves a person unpaired is an opportunity, not a weakness.

I don't think they'd dare, but it's not off the table.
>>
>>16429940
Goro and lesbian might die to save ich. Lol, then she would be pared with fluffy.
>>
>>16429944

An opportunity to do what? Exchange a few last words before they're 'disappeared'?
>>
>>16429994

Everyone's getting disappeared. This is the final push.

You don't commit this kind of resources for anything other than crushing the enemy entirely.

Don't bother screencapping this: The point of Gran Crevasse is to end the Klaxosaur threat, and thereby end the need for parasites at the same time.
>>
>>16429997

The 'final push', 15 episodes in out of 24?

I trust you understand my skepticism.
>>
They're probably going to fail or something bigger be revealed. Ttgl did this.

Like ape ends up being aliens or something. Remember how weird grandmother's nose looked.
>>
>>16430003

It's not going to go off without a hitch of course.

It's going to turn into a huge shitshow and our finale will be based on the results/consequences.

We all know it's 80/20 that APE is the final boss: Gran Crevasse is the catalyst: The operation that changed everything they thought about their leaders.
>>
>>16430011

I mean, really, if APE does plan to kill whatever parasites are left for some stupid reason, it would be a hell of a lot more impactful if we did not get the very strong impression that most of these people are perfectly fine with throwing their lives away in service of their leaders.
>>
>>16430016

It's a very simple reason: slaves can't rebel if there are no slaves. As soon as the Klaxosaurs are no longer a threat, there's no purpose operating FranXX squads.

Your statement is the exact reason I'm expecting it at E 15 or E 16: The parasites are going to see the adult's true colors at Gran Crevasse and the survivors will wonder why they ever worshiped them in the first place.
>>
>>16430020

And that would be fine if there was anything even remotely suggesting the possibility of rebellion, much as people crave it.
>>
>>16430016
Hiro may just decide to wreck their shut because they are the cause of most of his suffering.

Dude just remembered they tortured his waifu and erased his memories.
>>
>>16430025

The only real difference between the P13 and other plantations is that they question their circumstances.

The P23 team knew for a fact that they are part of an expendable caste. They continue because they know nothing else and believe it's best for their comfort and survival if they continue to pilot for APE.

If the Gran Crevasse plan is as much of a abattoir as they foreshadowed here; they're going to change their tune quickly: The other parasites are not dumb, they're just limited.
>>
>>16430034

They may be inquisitive, but so far their loyalty is hardly in question. So either way, it comes across as silly - APE either butchers its parasites to make a point that no-one has proven since loyalty to the system is absolute, or the operation is a terrible blunder and APE eviscerates its only line of defence against the klaxosaur threat for incredibly spurious reasons.
>>
>>16430042

I agree up until you say spurious.

They're not doing this for shits and giggles. They've been planning this for years, if not decades.

Their whole civilization is lining up for this offensive: They want something from the Gran Crevasse operation, and they want it bad. If it doesn't go well, they're not going to retreat and suck their wounds, they're going to double down and burn out more parasites.

Loyalty doesn't matter: Resources do. Operating a military cadre full of mecha is expensive, and costs resources that could be better spent extending another empty human's life for a few more centuries.

It's in the name: They're a drain on "proper" humanity. They exist as a tool for a purpose. If the job is done, they're going to recycle or discard them.
>>
>>16430059

So if they fail, they're just going to senselessly kill the people whose duty it is to defend them from these creatures that pose an existential threat to the 'empty humans' you so mention?

APE does that, without even a hint of rebellious behaviour on the part of the parasites, they may well secure themselves as the stupidest gaggle of villains in recent animated history.
>>
>>16430068

Not sure why you're so upset about them. They're just parasites. They'll die for our better world.

We get this done, peace comes to all the plantations and we live forever in our glory. And all we have to do is end the Klaxosaurs alongside the parasites.

Their sacrifice would be noble if it wasn't entirely expected from our property.
>>
>>16430088

>it comes across as silly - APE either butchers its parasites to make a point that no-one has proven since loyalty to the system is absolute, or the operation is a terrible blunder and APE eviscerates its only line of defence against the klaxosaur threat for incredibly spurious reasons.

And we're back to this.

14 already had stupid contrivances, it's not a crime to wish for less of those.
>>
>>16430128

Look, they dehumanize them for a reason. Either they're going to be spent to a man or they'll be disbanded as soon as their goal is achieved.
>>
>>16422883
Except with FranXX it's better drama and non infuriating-to-look-at MCs
>>
>>16422894
I like seeing 2D emulate 3DPD
>>
>>16423410
Nigger what? 2-3 episodes doesn't make a difference at all
>>
>>16423466
>shitty romance plot
Still better than the drama in IBO and Eva
>>
>>16424068
>>16424065
Best part of the show right here, boys
>>
>>16430178
Thats not Zero Two are you okay anon
>>
>>16425578
>In a world where everyone is trying to innovate and nobody is accomplishing anything, sometimes just doing the basics and executing them extremely well is better
This is exactly why I haven't been sitting on this show. Its probably the best teen drama I've seen in anime that wasn't riddled with unrealistic tsundere and genki girls.
>>
>>16430218
I wanna say this is shitposting but Franxxfags legit believe this.
>>
In the context of how oni are meant to act within Japanese mythology, the euphoric response she got to letting her aggression out against Hiro's friends is entirely expected. Its not a contrivance so much as a deliberate and very well established nuance of her character.

Of course she's going to be oblivious to reason and go into a blind rage. She's a fucking red oni. That's literally what they're known for.

They really do fly into the blind rages when they're not in pairs and it takes a blue to reign in a red. Similarly, it takes a red to motivate a blue.

The entire thing of the Jian bird in mythology is also very deliberate, as is the exploration of the Germanic Franks tribes and the motifs surrounding Japan's aging population, Brave New World and Logan's Run.

This is a story which expects you to already know of these things so it doesn't have to spend time setting up tropes you should already be genre savvy enough to know so it can jump right into the meat and potatos of actually telling a damn story.

The whole Monomyth Heroes Journey deal is progressing pretty nicely and we're just before the first major half way point with Hiro literally just had meeting with the goddess. The next steps are temptation, atonement with the father, apostasis and the ultimate boon. The second arc of the story will begin with some kind of refusal to return from bliss or some kind of enlightenment - a comfortable place. Whatever they find in the grand crevice or whatever they've gone to get, the odds are good he either has to face being trapped with it or returning without it and having to conquer his problems without whatever it is.

If you think the story hasn't started yet then either you're blind or stupid.
>>
>>16426925
Eva is NOT good drama.
>>
>>16430220
Please stop sameposting.
>>
>>16426925
I think you misunderstand how the functioning of the characters is a critical part of how strong or weak the machines are themselves.

They don't just operate the robots. They *ARE* the catalyst for the power-source, its central nervous-system and its decision making system and on some level they dictate not only its performance but even its appearance, characteristics and weapons meaning they each have room for growth as they grow as people.

The development of the robots *IS* the development of the characters.

Its not forced teenaged drama. Stop brushing it off as such because you think feelings are icky and you want a 30 minute toy commercial or WWII with robots.
>>
>>16429820
>I was serious you know
>Someone tastes like secrets
>Has literally zero interest in boys
>Goes out of her way not to expose herself emotionally to anyone else
>Is called out by the one relatable person on their team
>They both literally call eachother out on it

Life protip: Close the other shit you're doing while you watch a show or you're going to miss most of it.
>>
Trigger might usually produce a high action comedy but that doesn't make them a one trick pony.

I think the point of Franxx is to prove they can do serious.

So far its working really well, the people who really like Trigger's work are just incredibly bitter and angry because they didn't get the thing they thought they were getting.
>>
tl;dr:

If you don't understand subtext, you're not gonna enjoy Franxx.
>>
>>16430243
You almost have a point, but the writers aren't taking advantage of it, else the complaints about the lack of fights wouldn't be a problem. They're just letting the best metaphor sit there, wasting away.
>>
>>16430314
I think the problem is you're expecting much more out of the robots than you're getting and you feel that time spent on characters is robbing you of what it is you came here for.

I'd like a show about cute gynoids kicking ass as much as anyone else but the robots look the way they do purely for story reasons relating to the characters and little else.

If its any consolation, Strelitza has a parasite designation, not just a codename.
>>
File: 1523994200909.jpg (183 KB, 1280x1440)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>16430279

Also, if you have autism. There is a lot of face reading in this.
>>
>>16430344
What is this face trying to convey?
>>
>>16430346
"fucking agent. 'It's Trigger' he said 'it'll be fun and there'll be tits' he said. Goddamn motherfucker"
>>
File: 1523947037637.jpg (2.75 MB, 1694x2600)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB JPG
>>16430232
>In the context of how oni are meant to act within Japanese mythology, the euphoric response she got to letting her aggression out against Hiro's friends is entirely expected. Its not a contrivance so much as a deliberate and very well established nuance of her character.
>Of course she's going to be oblivious to reason and go into a blind rage. She's a fucking red oni. That's literally what they're known for.
>They really do fly into the blind rages when they're not in pairs and it takes a blue to reign in a red. Similarly, it takes a red to motivate a blue.

Do you have a source on this?

I had a feeling 002 was Raijin the god of storms and Hiro was going to become Fuijin the god of wind. But I haven't seen anything on colored onies and how they interact.
>>
>>16430346
Concern. Fear. Worry. Pain. Exhaustion.
>>
>>16430346
>hiro severely distressed.jpg
>>
>>16430243
>hiro leaves the room the instant 02 is allowed to see him
>Ichigo suddenly understanding what love is
>ichigo suddenly, and out of character confessing
>goro just so happening to walk in to see Ichigo/Hiro kiss
>hiro using the exact phrase that would trigger 02 meltdown
Forced. Teenage. Drama.
At least 02 was handled okay.
I'm also assuming Hiro is autistic at this point.
>>
File: red oni blue oni.jpg (27 KB, 360x240)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>16430356
Its very similar, but Raijin and Fujin are an unrelated mythos.

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/鬼
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/泣いた赤鬼

Supposedly they can unite to form a white oni, which would be a woman though they are trapped together until then they both agree to separate from one another. The implication is that if one refuses to let go of the other, its quite traumatic and it can linger for centuries.
>>
>>16430407

>out of character confessing

She tried a swiftly aborted confession back at the beach episode, saying the exact same thing she said here and being all 'I want to be with you forever!' when Hiro cut her off by remarking at the stars.

Fair enough she might not grave a firm grasp on what love is, but she's head over heels for Hiro for good or ill. Confessing is far from odd for her.
>>
>>16430413

Might not -have-, don't know how that got there.
>>
>>16430407
The fear of death can make people do some very strange things.

You know the trolly exercise? It was conducted in the real world under the false premise of realism without the knowledge of those involved and 80% of participants did not make any kind of selection or choice but simply froze up and stopped responding entering a state of shock.

Human arousal response is linked to cortisol levels because when you enter a state of emotional or physical arousal caused by fear specifically, a lot of the "unnecessary" checks in your psychology get skipped and humans start behaving irrationally.

Something as simple as asking a person to hike at a 15 percent incline for an hour at 5mph will make them answer very differently from how they would when calmly in an air conditioned room because their neurochemestry is different.

Ichigo isn't out of character for confessing, she's been interested in Hiro since literally the first episode and she's been getting increasingly severe and manipulative about it. This has been a VERY slow boil. Similarly, nothing makes you realise love like having it taken from you. She has convinced herself that she does these things for Hiro's welfare but really, they're for her own.

Hiro is known to subvert authority and its an ongoing thing he did a lot in his childhood. Now his memories are back, he's back to his original pattern. He didn't trust the others to let him see 02, nor did he trust the adults either -- and he had good reason. The timing was unfortunate, but the timing in life is so often unfortunate. Its not really that much of a coincidence, given they both responded within the same time frame to need to see eachother after the time-frame. Given they literally shared minds, I'm not surprised.

Similarly, its not unreasonable to assume Goro actually went looking for Ichigo and his search would eventually make him find her at the central corridor of the building that's crossed to get to most of the other rooms.
>>
>>16430428
The issue isn't that Hiro escaped, or Goro saw Ichigo kissing Hiro. The issue is *how* and *when* it happened. Coincidences upon coincidences for the simple excuse to extend drama, is by definition forced drama. The coincidences HAD to happen, or the conflict wouldn't exist.

Its a dumb trope, almost as bad as the 'misunderstandings' in typical trashy romance anime.
>>
>>16430412
>https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/泣いた赤
interesting, but i don't see anything about them combining to form a white woman.
>>
>>16430441
>Coincidences upon coincidences for the simple excuse to extend drama, is by definition forced drama. The coincidences HAD to happen, or the conflict wouldn't exist.

oh lort, it could have literally happenned a dozen different ways and still turned out the same, but you call forced drama, when really it was probably some artist on the show that thought those shots and framing would look better.

Like, Goro could have fucking saw them kissing from any window on the front of the house.

And who is to say that the timing on them both leaving to see the other was perfect? One of them could have stopped for a shit. Or to get a drink. We don't know.
>>
>>16430460
I can't find the specifics because my moon isn't good enough but it goes that during the kamakura era (1180's-1333CE), the new samurai class meant the oni who previously brawled and had no equal became enemies.

Oni in mythology are pre-buddhist spirits who's job it was to guard the space between life or death, and then they were encorported, becoming the guardians of the gates with the new role being to punish sinners.

While originally pure, as they died off they were replaced with men who died while filled with rage, becoming oni -- though this only replaced the male oni and eventually the samurai began attacking the females to thin out their numbers which is why they're known for their anger so deeply.

With this becoming so, the oni had to learn about reproduction before their numbers totally dwinled but didn't learn quickly enough and their women were wiped out.

As a result, they had to make new women from scratch. This came in the form of red and blue oni (rage and rationality) transforming into passion and tranquility, which are the defining features of what oni believed women were. The result were the hannya, a horned female spirit who became the oni's counterpart.

Particularly, those who lacked the strength as men to define or protect themselves from the samurai were those who were chosen for the process because they "served no worth as men" -- often being famed as quite beautiful with there being some stories of kabuki actors who were actually oni in disguise seeking to escape this fate.
>>
File: 1523900079625.jpg (64 KB, 640x640)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>16430517
>"served no worth as men"
>"Hiro is the blue oni"

lawl
>>
>>16430551
You misunderstand: A lot of people in Japan theorise she's going to split into two different women -- one who is rational and dispassionate and the other who is unintelligible but passionate. There's a missing code and Strelitzia has a designated code.

Unrelated, but cool as hell: Person-scale Strelitzia.
https://twitter.com/DARLI_FRA/status/985900173388726273
>>
File: 018.jpg (705 KB, 1045x1500)
705 KB
705 KB JPG
>>16430568
>Japan theorise she's going to split into two different women

thats dumb as fuck. There is no need for this.
>>
who wants to lay the odds that Strelizia is build from the remains of 002's dead care giver? And she was 001?

Calling it now. Screencap this.
>>
does anyone think that one of the mcs will die and be replaced by Naomi?

We still haven't received a confirmation on if she is dead or not.
>>
Are we going to get any games or transforming figs out of this?

https://youtu.be/mlHuki5c3sk
>>
>>16430584
They would both just be two sides of the same person, having been together for such a long time.
>>
>>16430584
>pic
There's already doujins?!
>>
>>16430758
No, there's a serialized manga too. It has a lot of nudity.
>>
>>16430758
yeah, go look on sad panda
>>
>>16430760
I knew that, but that image just seems too over the top for the manga
>>
>>16430786
Its honestly not.

NSFW: Some proof, if you don't believe me. https://imgur.com/a/GcO0c
>>
>>
>>
The people bitching about Franxx are the same people who didn't enjoy Unicorn yet paradoxically praise Mech Warrior Online.
>>
>>16430825
>Mech Warrior Online
I'm not familiar with this but I like FranXX and hate Unicorn.
>>
I liked most of unicorn, but thought the ending didn't live up to killing the characters older fans would like.
>>
File: DazWVS2VMAAq8Jr.jpg (105 KB, 939x665)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>
File: 1523869536095.jpg (3.22 MB, 6448x4067)
3.22 MB
3.22 MB JPG
>beings with blue blood
>their name is klaxosaurs
>they attack mankind but their purpose is wrapped in mystery
>possessing various body structures
>is their goal Hell or perhaps Eden?
>unlike Ningen ("human" in katakana)
>those with that blood
>their true nature is...
>with a strong wish to become Ningen
>a lonely girl
>what is she thinking now?
>you with blue blood in your veins
>let us hear your voices instead of your howls
>>
I like this show but Evangelion's drama infuriates me.
What do? Force myself to rewatch the latter? I liked the Rebuilds
>>
File: Da6e-S1U8AEV3zk.jpg (403 KB, 1536x2048)
403 KB
403 KB JPG
>>
>>16431081
I want to grope.
>>
>>16431081
I want to have sex with this
>>
>>16430786

The artist is known for pushing things. It's how he got his fanbase.

>>16430926

This is going to be good.
>>
File: 15174213070301.jpg (566 KB, 1000x1034)
566 KB
566 KB JPG
>>16430551
Wow, retarded onifags are as disgusting and Bland as 02
>>
>>16430926
Generic otaku pandering character for fanservice and waifubait

Meh
>>
>>16431508
>>16431517

go back to /a/
>>
>>16431106
We all do.
>>
>>16431106
You don't deserve to post on /m/ if you don't.
>>
File: 1523998723499.jpg (423 KB, 701x960)
423 KB
423 KB JPG
>>
File: 1523919324828.png (81 KB, 515x515)
81 KB
81 KB PNG
>>
>>16433225
CUTE!
>>
>>
>>
>>
Quick! Post Strelizia lewds!
>>
File: 67671853_p0.png (809 KB, 766x900)
809 KB
809 KB PNG
>>
File: Strelizia butt.png (980 KB, 1366x575)
980 KB
980 KB PNG
>>16433349
>>
File: 1516349206610.jpg (263 KB, 1200x1859)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
>>16431104
>ywn grope Strelizia's gigantic shoulders
>>
File: 67917081_p0.png (767 KB, 1000x783)
767 KB
767 KB PNG
I hope we get one that transforms.

Also, I hope after both MCs are onis, the lion eats Hiro, transforms, then the other mechs become her lims in a massive GaoGaiGar tribute

https://youtu.be/wODKm9cI9Lw
>>
File: 67437461_p0.jpg (1.58 MB, 1754x1240)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB JPG
>>
File: 67436858_p0.jpg (1.95 MB, 1980x1080)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB JPG
>>
File: 67291315_p2.jpg (2.68 MB, 2976x3703)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB JPG
>>
File: 67332313_p0.png (3.79 MB, 3508x2480)
3.79 MB
3.79 MB PNG
>>
File: 67588454_p0.jpg (3.03 MB, 2500x2700)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB JPG
>>
The best Strelizia is the one with the big tiddies

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.