[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: raftclanz complete.png (3.51 MB, 1600x1200)
3.51 MB
3.51 MB PNG
*** BEFORE YOU POST, FILTER AND DO NOT REPLY TO THE NAME/TRIPFAGS IN THIS LIST TO IMPROVE QUALITY OF LIFE: http://pastebin.com/ePVKFkTn ***

***READ THE GUIDE***

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1Tr8UyF2Xg5Ojqw0sxcO7oIG7IIsJPes3lMO5pHZKu5o

***READ THE GUIDE***

For those new to gunpla/plamo or even just new to this thread; please read the guide. Please read it before asking questions, as there is a chance it has already been answered there.

For those unfamiliar, "plamo" is a shortened form of "plastic model". If it's made of plastic, someone can probably help you here!
If you're new, you're gonna fuck up. Don't worry! If you're experienced, don't make the new people worry!

>Why won't anyone answer my question?
Try being specific, especially about your materials and process. Post pictures whenever possible; even if the kit/part looks bad, you are more likely to get help posting pictures.

>Why are my pictures sideways?
4chan strips EXIF data from images when they're uploaded to the website from your phone, including the orientation display tag. To solve this, save your images out separately, or use an app that will rotate and save the image itself for you.
One commonly used app that works well on Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplemobilephotoresizer

>Links
A guide to other types of plamo:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/1vf1aw7v91pz5pa/Airfix%20Model%20World%20Specia%20-By-Step
Kawaguchi Gunpla tips:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJV1h9xQ7Hx-SoCOivVEHNDOl16VWLB3A
Gundam Lineart:
http://seesaawiki.jp/nuriesozai/lite/d/MenuBar1
https://gundma.imgur.com/
Funaka's gunpla guides:
http://funakatown.com/images/Building_Gunpla_Final.pdf
http://funakatown.com/images/Funakas_Scratchbuilding.pdf
Falldog's gunpla guide:
http://otakurevolution.com/content/laymans-gunpla-guide

Monthly restock:
http://bandai-hobby.net/site/schedule_images/nouhin.pdf

>IRC Channel
>Server
Rizon
>Channel
#gunpla

Previous Thread: >>16505931
>>
File: subaru-jk-archer.jpg (246 KB, 1188x1292)
246 KB
246 KB JPG
***FANTASY GROUP BUILD***

Build a mecha/robot themed around a fantasy setting! This can include anything you can come up with, such as:
>A mobile suit based around a typical RPG class type (Knights, Wizards, Clerics, Bards, etc)
>A mobile suit designed to look like a fantasy creature (Dragons, merfolk, goblins, etc)
>A mobile suit used as a siege weapon
The only stipulation for your builds is no beam sabers/rifles. Firearms are allowed, as long as they make sense int he context of the build (IE, a crossbow for an archer, magic cannons for a warlock, etc).

The winner for this group build gets first pick towards two items provided by PrizeAnon! Second places gets their choice of any one item that the winner didn't choose.

Send your entries in to GunplaPlamo@gmail.com. Include a name for your entry, along with at least 5 photos of your finished kit (Also include any WIP photos you take while building)

Need an idea of what to build? Then open this image: https://i.imgur.com/wYSS53i.jpg
And get a random number from here: http://numbergenerator.org/randomnumberbetween0and99

START: 3/16/18
END: 5/31/18
>>
Is the fact that it has HG F91's runner on the back going to be relevant at all? When are they going to reveal this anyway?
>>
How do I clean up nubs without wrecking the plastic? I'm not going to be painting kits yet but I trim them down with an exacto knife and it still doesn't give me the results I want. Unsure what else I can do to make them go away for the most part.
>>
what do you hope the next Koto SRW kit to be?

me, Bellezute
>>
>>16512459
Sand them down with progressively finer grits
>>
File: IMG_20180514_214324.jpg (1.15 MB, 1920x1080)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
hey which one should i get? I don't watch the shows but I like these ground gundam guys
>>
>>16512443
Are they unveiling the Gustav Karl already?
>>
>>16512598
That's the Divers antagonist, which is more than likely an Astray red frame custom
>>
>>16512608
Those are definitely not Astray legs. They look like they're from something from Unicorn, maybe even the Unicorn (or Banshee) itself.
>>
>>16512613
Heavily modifies, but you can tell it's an astray better in the OP, and the flashbacks to his past show him using a red frame. It's not as clear in this picture but that suit has teh same "cloak" on the right shoulder as the shadow in the OP
>>
>>16512590
The new 2018 Ground Gundam
>>
File: XniQzMcCj1qslZY.jpg (412 KB, 1800x1200)
412 KB
412 KB JPG
>>16512613
Here's another shot of it, alongside another teaser.
>>
>>16512590
Ground Gundam since BD2 and 3 have ugly faces
>>
>>16512677
What are the odds of the second one being a sort of 00 quanta diver with the binders raised Qubeley style. That, or Magee's unit
>>
>>16512677
Left is 00 Diver (or some variation) Repair Trans-Am color version, screencap this post.
>>
>>16512692
It's clearly the badguy suit in the OP, it has the same silhouette
>>
>>16512683
I was thinking of a F91 custom since there's its runner in the background, but it seems to be too tall for a F91.
>>
What respirator mask do you guys use?
>>
>>16512814
"..."
>>
>>16512443
Its not relevant to the design itself. It also has the runners for the tall strike gundam behind it as well, which leads me to believe it will most likely be a p bandai kit from some build spinoff.
>>
>>16512814
The 3m half face mask, it can accept a couple types of filters, look what type is needed by your region in the guide located in the OP.
>>
>>16512677
Mirrored Rose Gundam cape?
>>
Guys I have a question, are these the airbrush versions of the mr. hobby top coats?
>Mr.Hobby C046 Gloss Clear
>Mr.Hobby C181 Semi-Gloss Super Clear - (Semigloss)
>Mr.Hobby C182 Flat Clear - (Flat)
>>
>>16512590
Get that Strike Freedom instead.
>>
>>16512994

Yes. I'd recommend getting the GX clears if you can though.
>>
>>16512459
>cut part from runner, cutting away from the part itself
>cut nub off flush with part
>remove mark with file by filing slowly and smoothly in one direction
>sand the remaining surface if desired

Reduce stress marks with better quality cutters. Especially make sure to use good cutters for cutting the nub off from the part, once it's off the runner.

If you use a top coat, this will be a clean finish, and if you don't, you can make it clean with additional sanding.
>>
>>16513047
Are those even better? Is it worth getting the UV versions of those aswell?
>>
File: massproducedtargetdummy.jpg (460 KB, 1612x1209)
460 KB
460 KB JPG
Damn this arrived in like 6 days (from Japan to Europe). I still can't believe it, an actual Leo.
>>
does anyone have any recommendations for a set of model files?
>>
>>16513113
What an ugly and boring design for a grunt. I guess Wing nostalgia is strong.
>>
>>16513118
Or, you know, other people just like the simple design a lot.
>>
>>16513118
But Zaku #597356 is infinitely better. Having diversity amongst grunts is never a problem.
>>
>>16513118
>boring design
>for a grunt
I don't think you understand
>>
File: Grimoire.jpg (73 KB, 661x700)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
Zaku II is most iconic grunt.
Grimoire a best.
Den'an Gei has no kits.
>>
>>16512814
3m 7500 series, where are you from
>>
File: img_0.jpg (29 KB, 473x581)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>16513131
Don't remind me of my grief
I'll sell a bollock to get it if one of the B-Club ones comes up on Mandarake
>>
>>16513118
That's what the back and thigh hardpoints are for you mong
>>
File: DSC_0076.jpg (572 KB, 900x1200)
572 KB
572 KB JPG
Pretty good kit for 2004. I'm thinking of doing something that doesn't scream "I'm char" with it, a white and navy blue color scheme.
>>
>>16513283
There seems to be a hint of picture on your smear
>>
>>16513312
Yeah, I know my camera's really shitty. I don't have money for a proper one.
>>
>>16513315
How about actually cleaning the lense then? You know atleast wipe something/anything over the damn thing? And especially if your camera sucks you should take pictures in a well lit environment. Best thing is to take a picture outside.
>>
>>16513321
It's an old phone camera, and that's not a smudge, it's just increased contrast and brightness. Besides, it's just a snap-built WIP.
>>
Crisis averted. The chest vent I thought I lost yesterday was caught in the waste skirt. The level of relief is unreal
>>
>>16513131
Yeah between the Grimoire and the Graze, it's hard for me to pick a favorite grunt suit. Still wish we'd get a 1/100 Grimoire tho, like not even an MG
>>
>>16513134
Spain, friend
>>
What's a good kit with thin ankles/feet? I've got an idea for a custom, but I need a little inspo for the lower torso.
>>
>>16513335
there are none
>>
Kinda reposting from yesterday but didnt got answer - anything you would recommend from this picture?

Kinda planning on getting Lunagazer next month, after Im done with RG Red Frame.
>>
>>16513348
PG Exia
>>
>>16513335
The Flag/Overflag, Grimgerde, Lucifer Gundam, Transient Gundam off the top of my head
>>
>>16513329
>lol man, wy wuld i botter to make btter pic lololol it r just snap, i do wut i want ur stupid for caring lololol.
You you know it's actually quite simpel. If it's a terrible picture of something that has no added value you DON'T post it. Simple as that.
>>
>>16513348
The MG Freedom, Hi Nu and Kämpfer would be in MY bag instantly
>>
>>16513358

1000 PLN aka around 278 USD so big no, no. Even if it looks super cool (seriously, I love Exia looks).
>>
>>16513335
The NAOKI designs (Denial, Schwarzritter, Mega-Shiki) might fit the bill.
>>
>>16513348
Sinanju, Freedom, Stargazer, Heavyarms
>>
>>16511520
Heads up for anyone that wants to order the Aurora Green Sticker from HLJ, manufacturer gave them the wrong stock. Their remaining stock is all pink.
>>
>>16513476
freaking rofl, I did order green and it's on the way kek
>>
>>16512677
Holy shit is that one on the right designed by Nagano?
>>
>>16513113
I don't get it, why people are drooling over this one. For me it's not as remarkable as Zaku nor mind blowing as other grunt designs.

They could have given us Virgo or some remold of Gundams. We got this boring robot instead.

Also why westerners love Gundam Wing so much?
>>
any opinions on this tool set after reading the guide it seems like it covers what i need

https://www.amazon.com/Findfly-Gundam-Building-Repairing-Fixing/dp/B071LB1T5D/
>>
>>16513348
Kshtriya
>>
>>16513521
Leo is insanely customizable. Also, still holding out hope for a Virgo (at the very least P-Bandai) other than the resin bootleg.
>>
>>16513543
>Toolset
If you have no idea if you're going to build more than one, get it. If you intend on getting into the hobby, don't. Waste of money as the tools it offers are garbage.
>>
>>16513521
Leo can do literally anything besides a non Zaku or GM release won't kill you
>>
>>16513521
Its that grunt suit that appeared in big numbers all series with a really basic but nice aesthetic yet the only kit it ever got despite its huge presence in the series was a really terrible 1/144 ng kit that they never reprinted and goes for insane mark up on the after market. Its basically that "never ever" kit for a lot of people that we never thought bandai would make a kit of again, especially since it's a 90s AU grunt which bandai seem to have a hateboner for.

As for why westerners like wing, it was a lot of people's first gundam series or even mecha in general.
>>
>>16513521
Because it has the most profitable reason for it to be made, nostalgia. You'll often find the most popular designs also being the ones with the most nostalgia going for them.
>>
>>16513604
>nostalgia
It does help that these designs are significantly more iconic than a lot of the new ones coming out thanks to their simplicity and easily recognizable looks.
>>
>>16513557
>Waste of money as the tools it offers are garbage.
Not for just 10bux. Just the nippers alone usually go for more than 10.

This is a great starting point that covers all the basics for a super reasonable price.
>>
Fuck it, rg tallgeese can go with my june/July shipment. I want my Leos and Bulkarm Alpha.
>>
>>16513613
It's mostly nostalgia. All the popular designs have nostalgia on their side. Anything from 0079, anything from Zeta, ZZ Gundam, Nu, Sazabi, Ground Gundam, Zephyrantes, Ex-S, Strike, you name it. If they don't have the good old days on their side, than they are either out of something currently airing or they are P-Bandai.
>>
>>16513131
>has no kits
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/10029178
Sure thing.
>>
>>16513636
>it's mostly nostalgia
No, it's not. And you shouldn't dismiss good designs so casually like that.
>>
>>16513348
Barzam is a great kit if you like monoeyes.
>>
>>16513649
>Confusing the Gei with the Zon

Shamefur display anon.
>>
>>16513113

I never thought this would exist. Perfect. I just ordered mine yesterday to go with my RG Tallgeese.
>>
>>16513650
So? Alex and Kampfer are good designs, but they don't get updated kits because no one remembers them. Victory and V2 are good designs and no one bought the MGs because they were too complicated for their own good. 00 is filled with good designs, but they aren't safe from being smacked with P-Bandai, probably because the ones that watched it when they were kids are struggling to make ends meet in collage right about now. Why do you think the most expensive MG is one out of a old side story with no adaptation? Because it's a absolutely top tier design? No, it's nostalgia. It's the magic that makes Gundam work.
>>
>>16513736
Tell me, how many people were pining for a 2.0 of F91?
>>
I fucked up my panel lines by trying to use a hobby knife and small screwdriver, thankfully they're not that deep. Do you think they'll be filled in by primer + paint or should I go over them with putty or cement and sandpaper? I ordered some proper scribing tools right after I realized I'm a dumbass
>>
>>16513786

You can try priming and see how it looks, but I'd go straight for the putty.
Maybe it'll work if you thick your paints...
>>
>>16513850
Well they're really only visible right now because it's not painted, I can barely feel them and I'm gonna use them as a template anyway.
>>
>>16513118
>he's still trying
>>
>>16513736
>a design is only good if I say it is
>stop liking what I don't like
Fuck off. Designs are mostly up to preference.
Sure nostalgia may play some part in it but people are allowed to like what they like.
My favourite design is Destiny but I still like the simple grunt look of the Leo.
>>
I only now just realized that there was a limited Jua Mu Raftclans and I want to die.

>>16512506
Bellzelute or the Zui Gadin would be great.
>>
What kind of files/sand paper should I be using for my nub marks ?
>>
>>16513910
>My favourite design is Destiny
Are you a edgy person?
>>
File: WP_20180515_19_27_32_Pro.jpg (1.89 MB, 3264x1840)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB JPG
I tried cutting it as slow as possible and using 1500 paper - white spot still remains. How to deal with that? Using knife for cutting instead?
>>
>>16512506
GRANTEED DRACODEUS
>>
>>16514104
>1500 sand paper
You need to start low and then work your way up to polishing. Using a single bladed nipper to cut down the nub piece by piece will also increase your chances of avoiding those marks.
>>
File: GBD.jpg (89 KB, 960x404)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>
>>16514104
That spot looks like it's still protruding somewhat, which more sanding will fix. If it's flush then that means the plastic is stressed and you cut it off the runner too close, you can try to scratch at it with your fingernail to remove it, but otherwise only painting will truly hide it then.

Cutting it off at the right distance to avoid stress marks is something you have to learn for yourself, as you familiarize yourself with your tools.
>>
>>16514104
put a tiny dab of extra thin cement on it, that should remove a lot of the whiteness. give it at least 24 hours to fully evaporate then polish again. won't fix it 100%, but should do 70-80%
>>
>>16514079
not him, but the Destiny's design isn't so bad. The Strike Freedom on the other hand
>>
File: WP_20180515_19_41_50_Pro.jpg (1.73 MB, 3264x1840)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB JPG
>>16514124
>>16514144
>>16514145

I dont have single blade but have knife. Would that work good as well?

I did got better since my first model but I still have a lot to learn.
>>
>>16514104
https://gundamph.com/2011/08/24/how-to-remove-nubmark-sprue-mark-tutorial-gundam-building-101/
>>
>>16512416
That's my kit, nice.
Next I want to try again another Macross kit, but I can't decide which: VF-25F or the VF-4 Lightning?
>>
>>16514151
The Strike Freedom is a 10/10 design.
>>
>>16514157
That's just a stress mark from poor cutting. Unless you want to sand down the edge of the piece or paint it, it's going to stay. Cut further away from the part next time and you will be set. I made this exact mistake when I made my first model kit. I got so much shit because of it here because I didn't realize my mistake early. Try to improve your cutting, anon. Godspeed.
>>
File: omae wa HOMO da.jpg (80 KB, 417x600)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>16514172
No.
>>
>>16514172
Freedom is overdesigned but looks nice overall. Strike Freedom goes overboard with additional tacked on shit.
>>
>>16513740
I certainly was, but I'm not sure a lot of people were, especially after the Metal Build, which I also have.
>>16513910
I never said the Leo or anything else was a bad design. Hell, my favorite design comes from that not adapted side story. Gundam is full of good designs, but what makes people gravitated towards a few select chosen are the ones with the nostalgia effect. Why do you think the Virgo and Taurus are all but guaranteed to be P-Bandai when they are just better Leos? They aren't remembered as fondly. And besides, if all that is needed for a design to sell is to be good, the Nero would have a kit by now and the MG Hazel Custom wouldn't be exclusive either.
>>
File: WP_20180515_20_05_52_Pro.jpg (2.12 MB, 3264x1840)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB JPG
>>16514173

Thats the latest try. Red plastic is less stiff but I hope that gone better. Sliced my finger with knife but used it both with nippers and it worked as you see. Couldnt cut it just with knife, tho.
>>
File: gundlander1.jpg (1.2 MB, 2448x3264)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
finished my fantasy build. this build was me just trying a lot of different bullshit and trying new stuff. for such an exaggerated, weird looking design, decided i wanted to try to give it that 'cartooney' effect by adding black lining everywhere. also wanted to try out what would happen if i tried to only use milliput epoxy putty for everything. realized the pros and cons, like it being heavier and likes to crumble if pieces are thin and small. i know some people dont like this style, but i've always wanted to try it out.
after building and finishing this, felt like i could have done so much better. like adding pla plates as a skeleton so the putty work wouldnt look so off and uneven. i blame the sloppy paint job to me being a sloppy painter and a sloppy sculptor. not making sure ever edge/surface is smooth before painting.
blog over.
>>
File: gundlander2.jpg (1.21 MB, 2448x3264)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
>>16514214
also realized that after painting, the crevices on the horns wasnt deep enough for panel lines. so had to "draw" the lines.
>>
>>16514214
>decided i wanted to try to give it that 'cartooney' effect by adding black lining everywhere
Worked like a charm. Just add them to the hands also, they are the only thing that doesn't have them and they stand out.
>>
>>16514223
after this build, realized how much sanding and work it takes for sculptors. those shoulders and shield made me want to rip my hair out. also learned that white primer is better to get that pure white efect and tamiya chrome silver is very glittery
>>
File: gundlander3.jpg (1.29 MB, 2448x3264)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB JPG
>>16514235
forgot last pic
>>
With all the years asking for an HG Leo you'd think /m/ would be crazy about it for the longest time.
>>
>>16514273
You'd think /m/ would implode over the Memewort being P-Pandai, but it didn't. In actuality, /m/ only has a handful of spergs.
>>
>>16514273
From what I see, it's just people being delighted over getting Leo, or about getting it. In (rather rare) worse case, the sperging are mostly about not shipping to them soon. Kinda help that it's both cheap and easy to get.
>>16514301
woundwort fag here, ordererd 2 within 2 days the sperging only last about an hour or 2 at most, people quickly get over it and start to finding way to buy stuffs from P-Bandai.
Kinda suck through, cause before it got rumor of being a P-Bandai, people either adore or ignore mentions about woundwort, then P-Bandai happens, mention of woundwort will likely attract some mocking
>>
>>16514104
Scratch with your fingernail
>>
>>16513348
Get the avocado
>>
>>16514301
>Bitch about P-bandai
>REE stop bitching
>Don't bitch about P-bandai
>I'm surprised nobody is bitching!
>>
>>16514214
I can't say I dig the paint application, but kudos on the sculpting.
>>
File: DdMVvq4UwAARrmE.jpg (78 KB, 1200x802)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
Whelp there goes that

haha just kidding this is a resin print that was done on a Form 2 by some jap dude, there is no paint yet iirc
>>
Will LBX kits ever be reprinted or am I shit out of luck?
>>
>>16514111
yeah, really weird we didn't get a Granteed plamo yet
>>
File: WP_20180515_21_22_55_Pro.jpg (1.92 MB, 3264x1840)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB JPG
Okay, tried my best. How is it now? Thats from left leg this time.
>>
>>16514388
Dunno but you could probably find S1 kits if you search long enough. They were reprinted during their SEA run AND the USA run.
>>
>>16514412
You took off a lot of extra plastic that time
>>
>>16514412
It looks like there is still some signs of stress on the plastic but that's fine because it's a model and can be easily hidden under a thin layer of paint.
>>
File: WP_20180515_22_25_14_Pro.jpg (1.63 MB, 3264x1840)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB JPG
>3,5 hours
>did only two legs

I t-try my best...
>>
>>16514535
If you're enjoying yourself, why does it matter how long it takes? If you rush you might make mistakes.
>>
>>16514535
That's about how long it took me to snap my first HG, complete with utterly atrocious nubmarks.
>>
>>16514584
>>16514582

Well, I take patience to remove extra plastic with knife and polish it nicely. Black parts still suffer, tho.
>>
>>16514599
Yeah, just take your time. I had no clue what I was doing back then.
>>
>>16514412
Don't bother sanding too much. Sometimes mishandling or blunt nippers bends the nub at the gate ever so slightly, causing stress marks to develop deep into plastic, especially at the sides of the gate where stresses are concentrated. You won't know how deep the stress mark goes. It's best to paint over it.
>>
>>16513113
whats the website you get that from?
>>
File: IMG_3923.jpg (138 KB, 720x480)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
Anyone build the Origin Guntank think its worth picking up?
>>
>>16514104
Scratching with your finger nail before you hit high grits goes a long way
>>
Is there like a compare list of the 00 versions? I keep getting conflicting info about which is the best version to pick up. Some say the Condenser is best because it just has the most stuff and still comes with the GN drives, others say just 00 + 0 Raiser box is the best deal.
>>
>>16512887
Get eye protection too.
>>
>>16514771

Also gloves.
Or better yet, get a full hazmat suit
>>
File: dsssddsdsdsds.jpg (376 KB, 1229x922)
376 KB
376 KB JPG
>>16514796
Finished my current project. Probably going to work on my RG Z'Gok next.
>>
File: Nubremoval 2.jpg (725 KB, 1366x818)
725 KB
725 KB JPG
>>16514104
1. cut with nippers but leave a small part
2. File down till it's flush (use model file)
3. Use sandpaper to sand it smooth (1000 grit)

You didnt file the nub down, and trying to sand it with 1500 grit sandpaper is nearly impossible. You'd need much course sandpaper (lower grit). Personally I use a file but that's just my preference.
>>
>>16514535
What's the problem here? It takes me ages to build kits (removing nubmarks takes a while) and taking a few hours to build an RG's legs is nothing strange. It's not a race, you should take as long as you need.
>>
>>16514817
>>16514104
alternatively, cut close as you can then use hobby knife/sand lightly

primer + paint + topcoat will cover ANYTHING of this caliber left behind
>>
>>16514830
no shit paint will cover it
>>
>>16514817
>(use model file)

Is there much difference in using a model file? Like enough for you to say "Yeah no, never take a normal file near a kit ever."
>>
>>16514695
Check Dalong to see the way it can move and such, and in general if you like the desgn grab it. It was a gunpla made in the current decade, it will be well worth getting.
>>
>sinanju stein just came in

time to build the absolute best kit
>>
>>16514872
It's so weird to me that the stein is a feddie suit and was developed into the fucking unicorn. So bizarre.
>>
>>16514880
>the stein is a feddie suit
It's not. It's developed by Anaheim, based off tech from the Sazabi and Nu Gundam which were also Anaheim models.
>>
>>16514843
YES. A model file, for one thing, is much smaller than a real file set. Those are meant for sanding stone and such, a tiny modeling file is made of different material and will not damage the plastic as easily, and you have more control over what happens. You don't want to skimp on certain tools in modeling where any harsh mistake is a hard thing to fix, filing especially can totally ruin a model piece if done wrong because in general you shouldn't use much unless specifically aiming to remove plastic.
>>
>>16514887
Ah, fair enough. I learned the tools lesson quite recently in upgrading from my old secondhand and cheap blades. Is there any brands to avoid? I've been considering picking up files for some time since I handle files much better than sandpaper or sanding sticks and seeing the results there I'm confident enough to look into a set proper now.
>>
>>16514796
wow this really looks gay af to watch
>>
>>16514922
Gunpla advertisements today vs gunpla advertisements of the past
>Please buy our gunpla! Look at how much fun they're having in our new TV show building it!
>>
>>16514214
It's kind of rough on rounded parts but looks great on the hard edges like the legs
>>
>>16514886
Anaheim is feds + zeon together right?
>>
>>16515039
I'm fairly sure they're independent contractors.
>>
>>16515039
Anaheim is just a tech company that sells to whoever contracts them. I dont think they've been picky to who they build for
>>
>>16514137
wtf wont they get like a trillion pictures to look through along as people posting other people's builds
>>
>>16515039
anaheim electronics is a megacorporation on the moon. They'll design and build anything for whoever can pay for it.
>>
>>16513335
The new HG Zeta
>>
>>16515041
>>16515042
>>16515046
Oh I had no idea. Who actually piloted the stein then?
>>
>>16515049
nobody of note. I don't even think it was finished when the sleeves stole it.
>>
File: 10345157a.jpg (93 KB, 959x1200)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>16513335
>>16513336
>>16513359
>>16513378
>>16515048
The only correct answer is Hyakuren you knobgobblers
>>
>>16515049
It was test piloted by some Sleeves literal who in a UC MSV manga.
>>
>>16512677
Right kinda reminds me of the Chanel
>>
>>16515078
Too fucking true, literally my favorite IBO suit. Where tf is our 1/100, Bandai?
>>
>>16514051
2000 grit
>>
New Zoids are up. I ordered the Dino, the Alligator, and the turtle. The turtle has a godly design imho
>>
does anyone here know what size clear rods I'd need to fit the sazabi ver ka's funnels?
>>
Guys help me decide

Nadesico or Arbalest
>>
>>16514796
That boy's gonna have some fun cleaning the paint of his hands
>>
>>16515181
dip your hands in a bucket of thinner done
>>
>>16513348
Char Z'gok
>>
File: 1450805757756.jpg (16 KB, 300x303)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>16515185
>When you clean your hands in lacquer thinner and take a big healthy whiff in
>>
>>16515211
i mean on one hand a ton of exposure will be bad but at the same time im a simple poor country boy and love huffin fumes, paints, thinners, glues, gas, they remind me of simpler times
>>
File: 1519853919016.jpg (1.22 MB, 2048x1536)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
>>16515216
>Believe in a sign of brain damage
>Look forward to simpler times from now
>>
File: 1ne9ll.jpg (66 KB, 560x315)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>16515247
Looks like a done well job.
>>
>>16515261
DUDE
>>
>>16515271
Let me stop you.
>>
File: 1477027603670.jpg (51 KB, 1024x768)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>16515277
>>
>>16514902
Look for something like this. "Diamond files". Modeling brands like Tamiya are probably well made but anything similar should do, I have ones like these that are a generic type and they have served me well. https://www.amazon.com/Gale-Force-Nine-Diamond-Micro/dp/B002PEFPT0/ref=sr_1_19?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1526432552&sr=1-19&keywords=diamond+files#customerReviews
>>
>>16515132
That's fucking worthless for removing material.
400-600 is nub removal and it's good for priming. 800 to 1000 if you're not painting.
>>
>>16515305
How small are those micro files? Need something to get into the handle of the astray's sword and make it large enough to fit the sazabi's peg.
>>
File: hhapcm.jpg (2.62 MB, 4032x3024)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB JPG
No idea if I did even a half-decent job on pre-shading. Critique me please
>>
File: 1470712725571.gif (2.95 MB, 390x357)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB GIF
>mfw I really want that MG Ex-S
>afraid that they'll announced a ver. Ka/2.0 as soon as I pull the trigger
Hurry the FUCK up Katoki I know you want to.
>>
>>16515530
What if they released a PG Ex-S ver.Ka?
>>
File: 33243896_p0.jpg (3.02 MB, 3500x3215)
3.02 MB
3.02 MB JPG
>>16515533
Fuck it, I don't care. I'd buy it, sure.
>>
Of the hg ibo kits, which are stickerfests and or poorly engineered?
>>
>>16514145
I haven't heard of this technique. Anybody else use this? Any pictures?
>>
>>16515575
It has the same effect as rubbing it with your fingernail, when you cut/sand plastic it makes the surface rough and uneven, rubbing it or using plastic cement just smooths it back out
>>
File: IMG_3231.jpg (111 KB, 400x1046)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>16514214
>>16514223
>>16514240
Shit man, that looks pretty rad. Only complaint I have is with the cel-shaded look, it'd probably look a bit better with straighter lines.

Additionally, how's everyone's groupbuilds coming along? There's only two weeks left!
>>
>>16515583
i dont think you know what plastic cement does
>>
File: 1242225473355.jpg (57 KB, 400x425)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>16515600
Purity seals. Nice.
>>
>>16515603
Using warhammer/40k bits for this kinda felt like cheating, I'm surprised more people didn't do it too.
>>
>>16515609
>felt like cheating
i didn't do it for this reason
>>
>>16515600
trying to make stright lines on rised edse was not easy. probably would have been easier if i used a paint brush, but my hand is not that steady. i wish it was straighter
>>
>>16515561
Full city is stickerfest, all others are great. Lupus has a medium amount of stickers I guess.
>>
File: 15264414593121810050135.jpg (2.99 MB, 4032x2268)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB JPG
Just finished snapping this guy. Not sure if too late for group build.

Btw lbx kits are ridiculously aesthetic for this group build
>>
File: 1277939354884.png (58 KB, 318x470)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>taking apart old snapshit builds to paint them
>didn't even remove all nubs
>>
File: ffn0s1z70ox01.jpg (696 KB, 3000x2250)
696 KB
696 KB JPG
>>
>>16515731
>1277939354884.png
That file belongs in a museum.
>>
File: 0515182350-1.jpg (958 KB, 1963x2548)
958 KB
958 KB JPG
The Strike RG is pretty good, and the Skygraper expansion makes it much better. Just have to figure out how to make the Perfect Strike...
>>
>>16515789
How do you tell how old pics are based on their 4chan filename? I've been posting since 2004 so I probably have some ancient stuff.
>>
>>16515796
4chan filenames are just a unix timestamp
>>
What the actual fuck is ayame's SD gundam in build fighters? It's a ninja-unicorn right? It barely looks like it. By far one of my least favorite build designs.

That being said, I love the gabaldy rebake, the full city scissors are great too.
>>
>>16515833
It's a weird unicorn that is in unicorn mode for stealth and destroy for combat. I'd guess its giant shuriken is based on the destroy mode shield.
>>
>>16515833
It's the RX-Zeromaru, the Unicorn's the RX-0. Put one and two together.
>>
>>16515895
>It's a weird unicorn that is in unicorn mode for stealth and destroy for combat
is that not how the normal unicorn works
>>
>>16515915
I meant it looks weird. But the unicorn mode is literally invisible.
>>
File: 20180516_002516.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024)
3 MB
3 MB JPG
>>16512416
Just finished my first Gundam, it was a pretty good time
>>
File deleted.
>>16513476
>>16513486
Update from HLJ, so apparently it's the correct color.
>The products team told me that these items are indeed the correct color, although it may be difficult to tell.
>Hold the item against an item that's white, and you'll be able to see a green sheen on the surface of the sticker. It is meant to impart a faint green cast to whatever it's applied to -- it will not be an intense green color as if it had been painted, but a faint, shiny green effect.
>>
File: 20180516_002507 - Copy.jpg (690 KB, 1274x2621)
690 KB
690 KB JPG
>>16515949
Posted the wrong image.
>>
>>16515954
And here is the sample on their product page. I guess the GM's visor can hide this.
>>
>>16515941
Congratulations anon
>>
>>16514390
Where did you get such high res Granteed reference art?
>>
>>16515941
You think he cleaned nubs, but he dabbin.
>>
>>16515941
Good taste my man
>>
>>16515561
I own pretty much the whole IBO line because I’m a crazy person and really liked the designs. Here’s the issues I’ve noticed:

Gusion Rebake and Full City are stickerfests, and really bad ones at that. Painting is not optional if you want them to look even halfway decent with the amount and size of obvious stickers they have.
Vual and Kimaris Vidar both have pose-ability issues due to the size and imbalanced weight of their weapons.
Reginlaze’s side skirts are held on purely with wishful thinking. Or tiny bits of blue tac if you want them to actually stay on.
Hyakuren’s shoulder pauldrons were designed by a blind and drunk retard. You can’t pose the arms any way but straight down without positioning the pauldrons at weird looking and stupid angles.
Vidar’s backpack thrusters get in the way of the shoulders.
Big green frog mode Gusion can barely hold its hammer, and can only be posed in a limited number of ways because the wrist armor gets in the way of the handle.
One of my Graze Ritter’s right wrist likes to pop out if I’m not careful posing it. I’m sure this is just an anomaly on that one kit since the other Ritters I have don’t have this issue.
Astaroth Origin actually looks goofy as fuck in its flight mode from most angles, not really an engineering flaw but it is something to be aware of.
Graze Ein’s axes are held in by pegs that slot into the open hands, which makes it look stupid holding the axes.

That’s about all the major issues, most of the shit I’ve seen people complain about otherwise are either because they’re hamhanded spazzes or snapshitters that can’t even snap right.
>>
>>16516000
Zeta poster checking digits , not worrying about nubs for my first build though I am going to be practicing painting for the weapons.
>>
>>16516036
How bad is the Vidar's issues? Its pretty much the only kit I wanted from the series.

Something about that shade of blue has been intoxicating since it was shown off.

As an aside, whats the worst kit geometry issue you've ever had to deal with on a kit you loved and why was it K9 Sniper's skirt/pistol holders
>>
>>16516045
Vidar is great except for the backpack thrusters getting in the way of the shoulders. Also the front skirt armor has the pistol handles molded on so that can get in the way depending on how you try to pose it.
>>
>>16516036
How is the Grimgerde? That's really the only one I want as of right now
>>
>>16516036
Thank you for this long answer
>>
File: 81O0vPgCSuL._SL1482_.jpg (368 KB, 1174x1482)
368 KB
368 KB JPG
What phrase best lets me search the accessory pieces they made such as the Extra arms, random backpack pieces and weapon systems? I can't seem to figure out what kind of common keyword they might have.

Is it "Build Custom"?
>>
>>16516052
Gringerd is fucking fantastic. One of the best kits of the line. Only issues are the 1/144 doesn’t have the clear green visor, just empty space instead. Also the rifle has to sit at a funny angle if you attach it to the back skirt, but I honestly thinks it looks cooler without it entirely.

>>16516055
No problem.
>>
>>16516069
>Gringerd
I meant Grimgerde.
>>
>>16516036
How are the Geirail and Trooper?
I wanted to do something with them
>>
>>16516045
Those didnt bother me as much as the knife holder did. Mine randomally exploded one day just sitting on the shelf. K9 still a great kit though.
>>
>>16516063
Yeah the Build Custom or Build Fighters lines and if your looking for them in a physical store they're the smaller boxes that tend to be in a massive unorganized pile that you get to dig through hoping to find a fucking 24th century weapons pack to no avail.

>>16516069
Good to hear might pull the trigger on the kit then. Thanks.
>>
>>16516073
Geirail is alright, no real outstanding issues that I remember building it.
Trooper is actually still sitting in my backlog pile. I uh, I actually kind of forgot it was there.
>>
>>16515796
How have you been posting since 2004 and not know this
>>
File: DdSXhpzU0AApeFP.jpg (129 KB, 900x1200)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
Non-Gundam Bandai kits have traditionally been kind of half assed (see: Geass, Valvrave) but MAN I think this fucker is actually BETTER than the average Gundam kit.
>>
>>16516040
Feel lucky you chose the AEUG and not the Titans because cleaning the nubs on it is painful.
>>
>>16515959
Maybe the pink is just the packaging
>>
>>16516098
Different anon here, I didn't know that and yet I remember when /tg/ was actually just Warhammer Wednesday
>>
>>16516052
The HG Grimgerde is one of the best Gundam kits I've built in some time, it's really good
>>
>>
>>16516090
RIP on the Trooper, oh well.
>>
>>16516110
Good figures of Getter 1 aren't hard to come by, but damn those 2 and 3 look a lot nicer than the ones we have access to now.
>>
>>16516103
Non-Gundam Bandai have been half-ass when it's a Sunrise property (see: Geass, Valvrave)

But when they are beholden to someone else they actually put in the proper effort . Pacific Rim kits have far better detail than any HG or RG, and the Star Wars kits are amazing and actually on-par with other manufacturer's military kit level of detail.
>>
>>16516103
It's a design by Ebikawa. He's been working with Bandai Hobby for a good decade now and his designs generally translate well into model kits.
>>
>>16516110
Is that going to be the only mid-range Getter 3 available? I'll make sure to get one, along with a bucket of plastic dinosaurs for it to Daisetsuzan Oroshi.
>>
>>16514796
What the fuck is kid doing? How does he have paint on his figures ON BOTH HANDS while using a fucking stick????
>>
>>16516278
I can't figure that airbrush out. It's gravity fed, yet has an underslung trigger, and isn't connected to an air hose. Magical future airbrush?
>>
>>16516282
It's the gunpla marker airbrush system!
>>
>>16516278
You switch hands to get at every angle, and you spray downwards to paint on top
>>
>>16516110
>getter 2 and 3
I need them
>>
>>16516103
>I really should get myself an Arbalest and Laevatein
I need more money
>>
>>16516234
Feels more like how recent it is than the IP.
>>
>>16515728
Where the fuck do you find these?? I've had to spend way too much on these from Mandarake
>>
>>16515247
lmao which vid is this from
>>
>mg freedom 2.0 not in stock at local
JUST
>>
>>16516536
You should have been quicker.
>>
>>16516105
I took it out and examined it, couldn't tell if there was some layer on top causing the pink, but didn't seem like it.
>>
File: 4500 fucking yens.jpg (414 KB, 756x1008)
414 KB
414 KB JPG
>>16516103
Fucking koto
>>
have you guys tried painting the parts of Trans-Am mode kit? I needed the Full Shield of Dynames for my next build and the Trans-Am version is somewhat cheaper than the original kit
>>
>>16516441
Got lucky and found it in an old hobby store awhile back. Only paid like 15 dollars.
>>
File: 17nov17-arbalest[1].jpg (401 KB, 1024x1405)
401 KB
401 KB JPG
>>16516601
Well, it's pretty clearly based on earlier lineart of the Arbalest which is more about smooth curves and rounded edges, whereas Bandai's one is the FMPIV design which is all sharp angles and more details.

The price and mold quality is just the unfortunate fact that Koto can't compete with Bandai on those fronts.
>>
File: 10114672b2.jpg (221 KB, 576x990)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
>>16516639
There's also the Aoshima Arbalest coming soon, which is 3500 yen and is 1/48 scale. Looks like it'll probably have inferior articulation though.
>>
>>16516612
You're a fuck, I paid twice that and then some because Bandai wouldn't just reprint them
>>
>>16516639
>The price and mold quality is just the unfortunate fact that Koto can't compete with Bandai on those fronts.
This is baffling, desu. Both Arbalests are on the same scale, and use roughly the same amount of parts. Why does Bandai's cost approximately 30% lower, and yet appear to have overall superior quality?

Also, any chance that Bandai might reprint the FMP kits? These guys are sold out fucking everywhere, and I missed the bus on the Arbalest.
>>
>>16515451
Is that pre-shading before the final coat? If not it seems a little extreme, though I personally don't mind extreme shading so go on ahead.
>>
>>16516653
Shit like valvrape got reprint so I don't see why fmp shouldnt.
>>
File: images.jpg (19 KB, 429x343)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
Got this as a gift from a friend. It has been ages since i built my last model. Only lurking here. Should i leave it unpainted and just use waterslides? Red metallic might look great. Also where can i get that base like pic related?
>>
>>16516710
woah what is this?
>>
>>16516712
PSO 2
>>
>>16516653
Bandai has in-house manufacturing. Kotobukiya doesn't. Koto designs stuff in Japan but the injection machines are in China. When Bandai has to do a test shot they send it 2 floors down the building, it comes back up in a matter of minutes, and then they can tell the mold-makers where to grind off a fraction of a millimeter to correct things.

Kotobukiya has to send the data to China, have them do the test shots, then have those mailed back to Japan. So what takes Bandai a few hours takes Koto weeks. All this adds to the cost and it's why their development cycles are so fucking long.
>>
>>16516710
Looks like an Astrae type F wearing Mjolnir armor
>>
>>16516712
A.I.S from Phantasy Star Online 2. Kotobukiya
>>
>>16516429
Nope. The only time Bandai did proper level of detail for Gundam was with the 1/35 scale Hardgraph line. That's more than a decade ago. Then they once again started ignoring sharp details in favor of gimmicks and mold life. Only Star Wars woke them up again.
>>
File: hazel_2400.jpg (381 KB, 1752x2400)
381 KB
381 KB JPG
>>16516278
He is Hazel
>>
>>16515530
Do we have any news about the possibile ex-s 2.0? I'd be fucking drooling over that thing
>>
>>16514796
What did he use the red paint for anyway? The Ace unit don't have any red.
>>
>>16516110
Super Minipla is making a killing with kits. Too bad so many are turning out P Bandai.
>>
Momo was on her period
>>
>>16516973
Whoops meant for>>16516919
>>
>>16516919
Ace has a red chin, and one other tiny red piece.
>>
File: IMG_20180516_001807.jpg (1.07 MB, 4160x3120)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
Is FRS allowed here?
>>
>>16517144
it is plamo, so i dont see why not
>>
>the Ace Unit extension don't have the colored K runner
That's fucking gay. RIP for those who bought the vanilla 00 Diver.
>>
>>16517157
What are you on about?
>>
>>16517144
There are DBZ and Plamo generals on /toy/, might as well post there.
>>
>>16516234
PG Gipsy Danger when?
>>
>>16517180
I would but it's really slow over there. Thanks for the suggestion though
>>
>>16517144
If it's plamo, it fits this thread.
>>
>>16517188
Never cuz Bandai only has Uprising and not the original and Max Factory already beat them to the 1/350 kits.
>>
>>16516735
Derringer said the MG Deep Striker is part of a larger project. It can only be S/Ex-S 2.0 or MG Zeta Plus C1 Hummingbird, as far as I know.
>>
>>16517252
>Never cuz Bandai only has Uprising
We've got the SoC stuff for the first film too
>>
>>16517253
>Z+ Hummingbird
They'd have to base it on the ancient 2001 MG or launch a Z+ 2.0 as well.

>mfw I just ordered the old Z+ C1 MG
>mfw I have no face
>>
>>16516649
I know the pain. Been after shadow Lucifer and the hyper function Lucifer afreet. Could never justify the price
>>
>>16516110
Black Getter when
>>
>>16517321
P-Bandai.
>>
>>16517301
I mean, my collection is pretty squared off at this point. There are a few that I'd still like, like Trivhine, but I have most of them. It's such a shame, because they're fantastic kits, and in all honesty prefer them to HGs
>>
>>16517325
So the Getter 1 isn't already P-Bandai?Shit that's already a win these days.
>>
>>16517321
>>16517325
Don't worry, you can get your fragile jointed Moderoid Black Getterkaiser plamo when it comes out.
>>
>>16517253
The project could have been dropped depending on sales

that's the problem with industry insiders providing info. They're more likely than not telling the truth but plans are never set in stone until an announcement is made. Deep Striker WAS supposed to be MG 200 but production issues forced bandai to push it back and now we have dozens of screeching autists that can't understand basic business saying derringer is a fake, doesn't know anything etc

I'd love an undated S Gundam though
>>
>>16516639
>has fists

Why can't bandai fucking do that
>>
>>16517369
Allegedly, Deep Striker was a huge sales hit.
>>
>>16517325
>>16517346
I don't think Minipla gets P-Bandai.

They're ABS kits sold as candy addons. Not part of the proper lines.
>>
>>16517381
Derringer also called Nightingale a sales hit, despite it binning a month after release.
>>
>>16517332
The kits are awesome. I think they had somenof the best gimmicks and effect parts that Bandai has ever made. The only bad thing is that some of the kits where like 100 percent stickers for colour like the o legion.
>>
>>16517443
Yeah, that sucks, especially in ones like Magna Orthus where he has all the little white marks but no stickers for them. But for their original prices, I really can't complain, especially with how unique each one was
>>
>chink bootleg dygenguar
Neat
>>
>>16517405
It does.
http://www.bandai.co.jp/candy/products/2018/1000125042.html
http://www.bandai.co.jp/candy/products/2018/1000125039.html
http://www.bandai.co.jp/candy/products/2018/1000123969.html
http://www.bandai.co.jp/candy/products/2018/1000119023.html
http://www.bandai.co.jp/candy/products/2018/1000118025.html
http://www.bandai.co.jp/candy/products/2017/1000113911.html
etc
>>
File: Youknowyourefucked.jpg (104 KB, 1200x1005)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>16517495
Man d ezeldee is my favorite plamo. And I've built everything from koto Bandai plum etc. They just executed the suit so well that i Iiterally have nothing to complain about designwise. It also has the best floating sword gimmick and funnels of any model.
>>
>>16517531
So wait. Is the upcoming Getter pban, or will I be able to get it on HLJ?

Thanks in advance
>>
>>16517693
Getter is a mass release but they are saying the pack of 3 will just be 1700 yen which seems ridiculously cheap.
>>
>>16517699
o wait nevermind, it's 1700 per box so multiply that 3.
>>
>>16517707
>5100 yen for the getters and 3 pieces of gum
Not bad really
>>
>>16516722
Speaking as a former manufacturing engineer for Boeing I can safely say that in-house production could save way more than just money on material. Production plants that we ordered parts from would scalp us for profit margins knowing that we wouldn't buy from anywhere else nor had the capability to make it ourselves.

I'm pretty sure whatever Chinese company Kotobukiya contracts their stuff from is charging them out the ass.
>>
File: DSC_0078.jpg (957 KB, 2048x1536)
957 KB
957 KB JPG
I need to buy more of these things.
>>
>>16517742
you need to buy a better camera
>>
>>16517253
>>16516735
Why would they release an Ex-S 2.0 when the Deep Striker uses the original mold? If they were gonna release a 2.0 then wouldn't you think they'd save it for the Deep Striker instead?
>>
>>16517744
The camera looks fine, he just needs to learn how to aim it.
>>
>>16517752
Deep Striker uses a pretty large amount of new parts, actually. It only really reuses the old frame, even the head is new.
>>
>>16517256
Doesn't it go for like 15 bucks at sites like Banzaihobby?
>>
Well gentle/m/en it came. Any tips for a beginner before I dive into this?
>>
>>16517825
It's one of the cheapest MGs you can get nowadays so not a huge deal, but I'd still be mildly pissed if they announced a 2.0 like a month from now.
>>
>>16517848
Stop taking pics while on the fucking toilet
>>
File: Spoiler Image (102 KB, 600x600)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>16517869
I guess you could say he’s “shitposting”
>>
>>16517848
Take it slow, sand your nubs, pull up your pants, have fun.
>>
>>16517882
>wearing pants in the summer
get a load of this faggot
>>
>>16517892
Put a skirt or a dress on or something then, just don't drop your knife onto your dick
>>
File: 1000125580_1.jpg (37 KB, 560x560)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>16516110
http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000125580
>>
>>16515764
how horrifying
>>
File: 1515083250733.png (150 KB, 309x304)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
>>16517960
>p-bandai
Alright fuck it what's a good site for ordering P-Bandai stuff, I need a decent Getter 2 and 3.
>>
>>16517960
>they thought it wouldn't be P-Bandai
lmaoing @ ur life pony up goy
>>
File: hbAaZTja.jpg (47 KB, 487x595)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
There's only two things in my private warehouse but I want them right now.
>>
>>16518006
To be fair most of the P-Bandai Super Minipla kits have been additional releases to regular release minipla (ie, King J-Der to Gaogaigar, King Brachion to Daizyujin). This is the first Mini-pla release where a series is straight to P-bandai though, which is weird since I'd imagine Getter Robo's a lot more popular in Japan than Giant Gorg or Galient.
>>
>>16517741
Chinese manufacturers are dicks, they’ve all become aware they’ve got their forgeign clients by the balls so every single one of them have become scammers who will charge you an arm and a leg for your products and hold your design data, equipment, and product hostage until you pay up. Don’t like it? Tough. You don’t have any other option.

And it’s entirely our own fault things are this way. But corporate boards in the West are too short sighted and focused on immediate gains to realize that it’s now become cheaper again to just manufacture shit in house again. The only see the immediate expense of building and staffing the facilities at home and won’t even entertain the idea even if it is cheaper in the long term.

China’s economy would fucking collapse on itself if they weren’t theives and westerners weren’t stupid.
>>
>>16518228
>Chinese manufactures are dicks
>They all have become aware
You didn't even need this second part. Chinese manufacturers are just pieces of shit, period.
>>
File: WildWurger.jpg (88 KB, 479x650)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
Are the Koto SRW kits any good? Where does one even buy them? Are they more like MGs or HGs?
>>
>>16518269
>Are they more like MG
lmao
>>
>>16518199
Gunpla is dying after all so it stands to reason that not even classic Getter is a guaranteed money maker anymore.
>>
>>16518235
>Chinese manufacturers are just pieces of shit, period
Yeah. Thanks to the majority of western retail business groups and corporations.
>>
I hate USPS. Didn't leave my package yesterday. Scheduled redelivery only for today. Don't deliver it today. Do the same process, get another email confirming redelivery for tomorrow. I dunno if I'm gonna get my shit and it's pissing me off.
>>
What grit sand paper should I get to sand my nubs ?

Also how should I panel line ? Should I gloss coat it panel line then top coat ? Or can I just panel line and top coat it (with dull/matte/clear coat ?

These are a couple of the things I'm unsure of as my panel lines never turn out good and I can't get a hang of the wash ( I use the thin tip markers ) and my nibs never look how I want them. Thanks for the help in advance buds.
>>
>>16518269
They will never feel like Bandai kits, for all kinds of technologies used in molding has been registered in Japan by Bandai.
(reference: http://monoist.atmarkit.co.jp/mn/articles/0907/28/news097.html)

Koto can only do this the old way, or have to pay Bandai royalties to use a certain method to do their kits.
>>
File: DdS0pTsUwAAFcoD.jpg (102 KB, 1200x802)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>
>>16518325
Is that why all their SRW kits still have fucking peg connections for hands?
>>
>>16518337
no, the SRW kits are just old
>>
>>16518331
Cute. Can it transform?
>>
>>16518371
When will Bandai make SRW kits?
>>
>>16518371
Boy, the Raftclans kits have peg hands.
>>
File: 1505342192271.jpg (76 KB, 622x659)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>16517960
I think it goes without saying that Bandai is setting this up to fail. Haps hate Getter so this is no surprise. Shitty, but expected.

What DOES worry me is that I don't see this on any import sites yet. I don't even think they stock Minipla on Genteikits or USAGundamstore
>>
>>16518399
it's a candy toy MY DUDE
>>
>>16518409
so?
>>
>>16517960
>It's fat getter 1 instead of the slim toei design

Dropped, but still gonna get 2.
>>
>>16518499
Do people like you actually exist?
>>
File: ssfhqt.jpg (1.94 MB, 4032x3024)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB JPG
>>16516681
It is. I just got done painting the white on, some came out okay (pic related) and some came out like shit.
I didn't finish because there were so many fucking mosquitoes outside but also because my airbrush kept doing this thing where I'd be in the middle of painting and it would suddenly splurt out a bunch of super watery paint. Maybe I'm not cleaning it well enough? Would letting paint thinner sit in the cup for like 30 minutes be okay?
>>
>>16517960
I wonder if these will get US release through Bluefin. They always said the Getter SRCs sold really well for them. I'll ask them this weekend. Voltron and some of the PB Power Rangers ones came out in the US.

Damn!! These are only about 4" tall.
>>
>>16518565
cause they're candy toys
>>
>>16518499
It's under the Getter Robo Armageddon title, which is Bandai Visual's.
>>
File: IMG_1302.jpg (1.66 MB, 3264x2448)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB JPG
$10 on 2 small pieces..... money well spent.
>>
>>16518682
Which small pieces? The tubes?
>>
File: IMG_1300.jpg (1.83 MB, 2448x3264)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB JPG
>>16518689
the lense, lost the original one
>>
>>16518682
Hair on the right (actually left) elbow joint. Just wanted to say so you know for sure.
>>
>>16518693
>>16518682
>I recently got TWO efreet kais because one was missing the runner with the tubing

What should I do with the second kit? It's pretty much a complete set of runners.
>>
>>16518849
Use it to make a custom kit
>>
>>16518855
Like two efreets together? I was thinking it might be cool to mount the missile launcher on the arms, then peg on another pair of arms on the back for 4 swords.

I'm not really confident in my skill though.
>>
>>16518869
I meant build one normally and use the other one for extra parts on a different custom, but if somehow combining the two would be pretty cool
>>
>>16518849
wait you got 2 re 1/100 efreets? just because one was misiing a small rubber runner? you know bandai sells builder parts pipes right? would have took more effort but would have been cheaper
>>
>>16518849
I thought factory errors like missing runners/parts was REALLY REALLY rare. I recently had to buy 2 Blue Destiny-3s because my first one came with a few missing pieces on the runner, shit was still sealed in the plastic bag and there was no loose parts anywhere in the box or my room.
>>
>>16519031
It happened to me. My MG Dom had duplicate parts and was missing two critical runners, and I have no idea what to do with it because it was from a third party seller.
>>
I'm beginning to dislike the generic gundam head design (rx78,00,etc etc)
What are your favourite non gundam gunplas?
>>
>>16519142
If we're talking just heads I really like how the HG Kämpfer's head went together
>>
>>16519142
The gm/leo style visor and zaku/dom derivatives monoeyes have always been more enjoyable to me then the old standard vfin and samurai styling
>>
>>16519142
Gm sniper heads with the visors
>>
>>16519142
Guncannon.
>>
File: 1000125580_1.jpg (113 KB, 1200x1200)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
https://hlj.com/product/bann22448
Minipla Getter is up
>>
Can we help identify Robin Willia/m/s collection? I know Orguss, Billbine and Scopedog.
>>
>>16519338
the yellow one is from Orguss too
>>
New thread

>>16519351
>>16519351
>>16519351
>>
>>16519354
Weird, I actually have one of these ancient models. Why was it called Gerwalk? Isn't that a macross thing?
>>
>>16519276
Geez. September is gonna be heavy on Super Minipla.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.