[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 8cb889c1.jpg (37 KB, 640x480)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
Find a flaw on the hero of the storm.
>>
>>16589550
First quarter had little going for it and the minor villains could get irritating.
>>
the other robots had no personality.
>>
>>16589601
>series with sentient robots!
>most of the sentient robots may as well not exist out of combat
It's a shame that the Brave franchise did it so often. Exkaiser, Fighbird, Da Garn, Might Gaine, Goldran... Sunrise even carried the problem on to Machine Robo Rescue.
>>
>>16589616
Which is why Dagwon had very few sentient robots and GGG actually took their time in introducing theirs.
>>
He's not Black Mightgaine.
>>
File: MightGaine 001 (Large).jpg (109 KB, 1024x768)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>16589616
at least the very next series, J-Decker, gave the bots tons of personality.
>>
>>16589568
Wrong.

Might Gaine had great and distinctive motw and was awesome all around.
>>
File: Black Gaine.webm (2.05 MB, 640x480)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB WEBM
>>16589695
>>16589568
>>16589766
>>
Braves was so shitty until GGG
>>
>>16589778
>braves was so shitty until GGG

absolute brainlet right here.

also, one flaw-

no modern figure of Great Might Gaine.
>>
>>16589778
Na, the Braves were what was really good about the 90's.

Certainly much better than watching Shonen with hundreds of episodes.
>>
>>16589778
GGG literally feels like the dullest Brave show after Exkaiser and the first half of Fighbird.
It tried to be THE Brave series so it doesn't have all the experimental or at least note-worthy shit Braves were doing non-stop since Da Garn.
It doesn't have Da Garn's creativity, Might Gaine's motw polish, J-Decker's character depth, Goldran's humour and adventurous feel or Dagwon's... weirdness.
GGG is an all around show without many lowpoints of the previous entires, but it does come at the price of not really having many highpoints either, since it doesn't really try to go all the way in some specific aspects like many other Braves do.
It's basically your "Brave compilation video 1997" and not much more.
If you've only seen GGG then yeah, I suppose it will blow your mind, but try actually watching something else before calling it the best Brave.
>>
>>16589766
Sure thing, MAHQ.
>>
>>16589916
Yup, that's how it is, clawshrimpy
>>
>>16589907
I noticed you struggled to name something in favor of Dagwon. I watched it a long while ago and I find that it didn't stick with me as much as stuff like Da Garn did. Like many say, it sort of deviated from what many Brave series were doing, mostly with the Super Sentai thing and the fusion combinations substituting for the sentient robot squads we'd normally see in other Brave Shows (and we only got Lian and Gunkid in that respect).

I noticed that GaoGaiGar took the fusion stuff from Dagwon though it applied it in sort of a different way. I don't know how to properly describe it, but the fusion there seemed a bit less debilitating somehow, mostly since the Dagwon members had vehicles that only transformed when it was time for the fusion combination or any other combination.
>>
>>16590141
Why would Shrimpy like Might Gaine, it doesn't star some faggot shota he could hold down and rape in his van.
>>
>>16589777
You can pinpoint the moment MightGaine felt true sorrow.
>>
>>16589616
The Goldran robots had some personality. Well, not the Silverion team, but everyone else seemed to
>>
>>16590284
What made Dagwon for me, as I always say, was the pacing. The entire show was introducing or elaborating upon some new recurring element every 3-4 episodes, almost from start to finish. No, it didn't have a great plot and yes, its characters were complete stereotypes, but it clicked with me in spite of that just because it knew exactly when things would start to get dull and what to do when that happened.
>>
>>16590284
>I noticed you struggled to name something in favor of Dagwon.
That weird edgy feel Dagwon has is his most distinctive trait.
It's not the strongest Brave series, but it's probably the most experimental one, closer to Jushin Leager and early 00s Nagai-inspired super robots rather than to other Braves. Not flawless, but I dig it.
>>
>>16589550
His franchise was canceled.
>>
>all these brainlets defending a shitty version
of GGG
>>
>>16589616
>Goldran
Wtf?
>>
>>16595396
Goldran is the sixth Brave, in case you didn't know.
>>
>>16589821
>taking shit about tekkaman
>>
>>16595465
I meant Dragon Ball when I was talking about that, never even gone near Tekkaman once.
>>
>>16589601
How the hell did you afford the Bombers?
>>
>>16589777
Why couldn't Black live and Joe could of been his teammate? Glad that you can save him in SRWV and he automatically lives in SRWX.
>>
>>16589601
>>16589616
>>16589734
I really like that the gang in J-Decker have personalities.

But the problem I have is that I find J-Decker himself to be extremely boring, in character and design.
>>
File: GuardDiver 001 (Large).jpg (122 KB, 1024x768)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>16596343
Tribomber was fairly cheap, since it was back when the korean releases were easy to find.

Horn Bomber was like double the price of the other trio mind you.

Guard Diver was stupidly expensive, despite being the KR version :(
>>
BANNING HUT TO HUT JEEY-DECKA!!!
>>
he's not real so i can't fuck him
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.05 MB, 1090x1515)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
>>16597878
If doujinshi with super robots taught me anything, it'll be the other way around.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.