[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1527803809917.jpg (235 KB, 1800x1357)
235 KB
235 KB JPG
Will Getter Robo ever receive a new anime?
>>
>no new anime since author's death
what do you think
>>
>>16592741
doesn't stop it from getting new manga.
>>
>>16592716

I'd say that's is a bit more likely than it would have been a couple years ago, but that is 100% based on the recent success of Devilman Crybaby.

Crybaby blew up for two reasons: it was on Netflix and nobody was expecting it. IF Netflix decides to capitalize on this and IF Netflix decides that the link to pursue is more Nagai stuff rather than just 'anime like Devilman', then we might get more Getter funded by them.

I'd say that's your best shot. Other than that, there simply isnt enough support for Getter as a franchise right now for anyone to dump money on it. Its one of those influential mecha shows that has been eclipsed by the things they inspired. And, if we are being completely honest, perhaps thats not unfair.

All because you did something first doesn't mean you did something best.
>>
>>16592861
Your post is full of baseless assumptions, but this takes the cake
>Other than that, there simply isnt enough support for Getter as a franchise right now for anyone to dump money on it. Its one of those influential mecha shows that has been eclipsed by the things they inspired.
Getter Robo is one of the most successful mecha franchises, even today. From video games to manga to merchandise, Getter is a well oiled merchandising machine. You're a moron for making that post.
>>
>>16592885
>Getter Robo is one of the most successful mecha franchises, even today. From video games to manga to merchandise, Getter is a well oiled merchandising machine. You're a moron for making that post.

Bold claim. Surprising, if true.

Whats Getter been in in the last decade other than Super Robot Wars?
>>
>>16592908
manga like darkness, devloution, a weird boardgame spinoff, hien

mechendising as shown in this random google search

https://www.google.com/search?q=getter+robo+toy&oq=getter+robo+toy&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.4027j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
>>
>>16592861
>All because you did something first doesn't mean you did something best.
Maybe it did do best, but didn't sell out its soul like other series like gundam
>>
>>16592861
Mazinger Z Infinity's success prove otherwise. It shows that you can bring back anything with good marketing.

>Crybaby blew up for two reasons: it was on Netflix and nobody was expecting it. IF Netflix decides to capitalize on this and IF Netflix decides that the link to pursue is more Nagai stuff rather than just 'anime like Devilman', then we might get more Getter funded by them.
Netflix didn't fund Devilman. They weren't even on the production committee. Aniplex was the one who produced the show.

And yet despite what the western market says, Devilman Crybaby didn't do any better than Shin Mazinger. Mazinger Z Infinity is the one that's bringing the money, and if Mazinger can make money, so can Getter.
>>
>>16592908
>Bold claim. Surprising, if true.
No, it's simple to see. It is a 1970s era franchise was has had consistent merchandise, video game appearances, manga serializations and a high frequency of television anime/OVA releases. There are very few franchises, mecha or otherwise, which can claim the same status. It's a market mainstay and that's the only reason it's still alive today. Simply put, Getter Robo sells.
>>
Why do you people overrate Getter so much? The series is kinda dead even with new things coming out and there's little chance they'll ever make more anime.

Mazinger and Devilman are on completely different levels. Besides, the Getter anime aren't even that good. Armageddon is the only great one. The rest are either mediocre or awful.
>>
>>16593064
That may be true, but then there's a few things that >>16592861 said which are true about Getter not doing things better just because it was the first popular (not first overall) piloted combiner. There's things that later combining mecha works do that Getter never did get right (like pic related).

>>16593825
Also true t-b-h, especially with the author's death.

>>16593023
You either die a solid series or live long enough to see yourself become a cash grab.
>>
>>16593856
Stop trying to shitpost.
>>
>>16592861
>Nagai stuff
>>
>>16593871
Not an argument m8, get over yourself.
>>
>>16593825
>The rest are either mediocre or awful.
i'll fuck you up

>>16593856
>(like pic related).
stop shitposting

symbols are fucking dumb
>>
>>16594027
No offence, but they are. I honestly don't understand why you people overate and champion it so much. Also, there's no need to get so defensive and label anything that you don't like as "shitposting" when it's not. Grow up.
>>
I love Getter but It seems like it's not worth discussing on /m/.
>>
>>16594065
Do you have unobjecrive proof of that? Cause it sounds to me like you're confusing your opinion for fact, mate
>>
>>16594027
t. whiny immature brat
>>
>>16593871
>>16594027
Honestly, never thought I'd see an actual Getterfag ever, but this guy's it.

The series is great, but it isn't all that. In fact its main trio is taken straight from 3/5 of the Gatchamen.
>>
>>16592716

With Dynamic Pro, you never know. I wasn't expecting a new Cutey honey anime, and yet we got one this year.
>>
>>16593936
They put Nagai's name on it in the first place to get the publishers on board, if that trick still works in current year that's fine by me
>>
>>16594115
Probably because its author isn't dead.
>>
>all these low effort shitposts
>only 12 actual posters
hmm
>>
Should I get into Getter or Mazinger? I know both is the right answer. Which should I explore first? Help me...
>>
>>16594240
For either one, start with the manga series. Getter is a more coherent adventure story, Mazinger Z is a lot more comedic/light hearted.
>>
>>16594278
>not watching the TV show and reading the manga like a Japanese kid would have
>>
>>16594281
The manga came out before the TV show.
>>
>>16594278
Thanks. This is the distinction I was looking for the whole time.
>>
A new Getter Robo anime would just be called a Gurren Lagann rip-off anyway, particularly by those who don't know any better if it gets too popular.
>>
>>16594301
The manga was planned alongside the TV series, with the two working as companion pieces. It doesn't matter that manga started it's monthly run shortly before the TV series aired.
>>
>>16594356
>The manga was planned alongside the TV series
Source?
>>
>>16594065
>>16594108
>>16594114
nice one pablo

now fuck off
>>
>>16594466
Wasn't Musashi in the anime first and later added into the manga?
>>
>>16594466
Source: the autobiographical manga Ishikawa wrote.
>>16594812
He was always planned for the manga but yes, he was introduced in the anime as it aired weekly before he was in the mangas monthly publication.
>>
>>16594466
It's how things were generally done back then and even now, having a manga version serialized in some magazine while the show airs.
>>
>>16594797
The tryhard contrarian edgelord can't detect that only 2 of those 3 posts are by the same person.

And quit being butthurt over something Getter doesn't have.
>>
>>16594356
>>16594842
>『週刊少年サンデー』
It was weekly, dumbass.
>>
>>16594924
who the fuck are you to talk to me that way, faggot
>>
>>16595593
Who the hell do you think I am?!
>>
File: 1524890078452.jpg (423 KB, 960x540)
423 KB
423 KB JPG
>>16595593
>new ip
>>
Getter Robo is peak mecha masculinity that triggers femnazis and New Getter is the best mecha show ever made.
>>
File: mpv-shot0001.jpg (334 KB, 1920x1080)
334 KB
334 KB JPG
>>16595929
>New Getter is the best mecha show ever made
no, that'd be Shin vs Neo Getter.
>>
>>16595593
I WALKED BOB DYLAN UP ON STAGE IN 1975
WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?!
>>
Why are Getter fanboys always seething?
>>
>he comes back to shitpost more
get a life xpearse
>>
>>16596459
So you think those other guys were xpearse?
>>
>>16595940
>No ryouma, Hayato or Benkei piloting the Getter
>replaced by Oldman hayato who's a shadow of his former self, a dumbass hotblood character who has an annoying VA and 2 forgettable secondary characters
>Ryouma is left as a coward
>The only saving grace of this garbage anime was Texas Mac

Shin vs Neo is garbage.
>>
>>16596478
They skipped straight to Getter Go and left G (and Benkei) behind as if they never existed.

Though Armageddon did have Benkei (and even Getter G) around before Musashi died.
>>
I should also point out that Texas Mack only appeared in the original Getter Robo anime, and not the Manga.
>>
>>16596478
>Ryouma is left as a coward
What? He never pilots a Getter in the present, but he does beat up a bunch of dino grunts in hand to hand.
>>
>>16596442

Because they have convinced themselves Getter is the most important mecha franchise ever and always will be.

And no one else cares.
>>
>>16596620
>t. pedro
>>
>>16597118

You guys can't even keep straight whether that meme is supposed to be for people for Getter or against it, but god as your witness it won't stop you from posting it in every thread in response to essentially any post.
>>
>>16597128
>You guys can't even keep straight whether that meme is supposed to be for people for Getter or against it
That's because you're the retard who bought into Pablo's bullshit.

Pablo hates Getter Robo, and keeps ruining threads for it. At times, he fooled the board and morons like you into believing that people who hate Getter are just like him, Pablos.

But Pablo never changed himself. He's always be the subhuman shithead whose family got raped by Getter which is why he's lashing out, and will continue to lash out till the end of days.
>>
If I saw Pablo in real life, I would legit beat his scrawny figure and feed him to the dogs.
>>
>>16596478
Here's everything you missed:
>opens up with one of the best scenes in the franchise
>animation, visuals, and fights far superior to New Getter
>only OVA to feature the Dinosaur Empire
>doesn't overstay its welcome by throwing in a dumbfuck time travel arc out of nowhere
>villain doesn't come out of left field
>Hayato is an old badass who fills in for Saotome perfectly
>Ryoma is scarred after being tortured and losing Musashi, showing that even he isn't invincible
>gets in there despite this and fucks up Dinosaurs with his bare hands
>new pilots are great characters in the manga, which you're intended to read first anyway
>>
File: zero.jpg (32 KB, 480x360)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
I don't even need a new anime per se; but Getter definitely needs some sort of upgrade akin to Mazinger Zero which is easily one of the most badass units ever in SRW.
>>
Why are Getter threads like 50% people who don't like Getter, every time? In most threads the nay-sayers get bored quick. Even with shit heaps like Franxx. But Getter threads seem to be consistently inhabited by people who dislike it.
>>
>>16597279
isn't that what the getter devolution manga are sorta doing?
>>
>>16597293
Is it? I know nothing about it. If so, I'm finding it right now.
>>
>>16597279

Getter already has a lot more to draw on like Ah and Saint Dragon and Shin Getter Dragon.
>>
>>16597300
and truth be told, shin getter robo is already sort of a mazinger zero
machine with will that most of the time fucks up with the pilots and all that
>>
>>16597311
I always consider Mazinkaiser as the Mazinger answer to Shin Getter and vice versa. Zero is something else.
>>
File: MR-13527-212303-42.jpg (693 KB, 1206x1761)
693 KB
693 KB JPG
The story needs to be updated while keeping the manga feel not like Devolution and it will make a great anime adaptation.
>>
>>16597291
it's always the same guy samefagging and shitposting.

/m/ is a retarded board anyway but that shouldn't surprise you
>>
>>16593825
Getter is better than Mazinger.
>>
>>16597291
x p e a r s e

Just look at the IP count of this thread vs Post count. It's obviously just one sperg.
>>
If there's to be an anime, it should be about Arc.

>>16597341
But one is still overall more successful than the other in the end.
It seems as though Ishikawa will forever be in Nagai's shadow, which is sad.
>>
>>16597332
Devolution is bad? I was gonna read it soon.
>>
>>16598009
not that guy, but I read the first chapter and the characterization of Ryoma really bugged me. He's really brooding and not at all energetic like in the original.
>>
the problem is that i don't know if i want a new getter anime? ishikawa is dead & i don't think we've really had anything else quite the same
i haven't read devolution yet. but i don't know, it just rubs me the wrong way from what i've skimmed.
>>
>>16592716
alot of people dont know getter
>>
I'll still say this though, being a 70's series, it's lacking in quite a lot of things that many of the combining robots which came after it had. That's just how it is. Not to mention many refinements over the decades.
>>
File: News53933.jpg (295 KB, 602x422)
295 KB
295 KB JPG
Fuck Getter, whens new Jeeg???
>>
>>16596209
OW SHIT
>>
>>16601150
It already got a movie a couple years ago
>>
File: 1500511911513.png (242 KB, 445x800)
242 KB
242 KB PNG
Devolution actually has a pretty good chance of being animated/adapted at some point.
>>
>>16598009
It's a new skin for the disaster that was Linebarrels of Iron, made by the same people. Total loss

>>16601688
This is why it's getting harder and harder to sleep as the days go by.

>>16592716
Anyone care to look into this?
https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=44676256

What the hell is it?
>>
File: 46566556_p0.jpg (1.45 MB, 3840x2160)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB JPG
>>16601725
Nvm just an animation project from the guy.

Have a rare getter as an apology.
>>
>>16601688
There is entirely too much shit on this robot.
>>
>>16602911
No we must add more random dots, panels and lines

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.