[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 86 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Daemon x Machina gameplay about to be live streamed on Treehouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O-ZUXGcuWU
>>
The trailer looked sick
>>
>You can pick up cars and beat shit up with them

Sold
>>
Left Right arms and shoulders as weapon mounting points plus a special 5th slot. Chest beams confirmed?
>>
File: mazinkaiser.jpg (753 KB, 1024x768)
753 KB
753 KB JPG
>>16595207
>Chest beams confirmed?
>"You can be a God or Demon"
>>
This looks like a fun game.

Seems to be running at a low-ish resolution though, or is that just me?
>>
They're pretty smol
>>
>>16595231
Could just be stream feed issues.
>>
>>
A bit stiff looking, and it's really channeling the ACV vibes with how aggressive the over the shoulder camera angle is.
>>
It's alright but clearly needs to polish
>>
>>16595231
It's hard to tell. There's both the fact it's a stream and the fact the game is still in development.
>>
>>
It has potential, but it's pretty rough right now. I'm hoping it goes through a lot of polish between now and next year.
>>
So from what the stream shows

>You play as a mercenary
>Your enemies are AIs gone rogue
>You've got a wide range of customization
>This includes being able to pick up weapons from defeated enemies
>The maps are explorable on map and on foot, with things hidden all around
>The red stones found all over the map are chunks of the moon
>The moon chunks release energy called Femto that is used to as a power source for the robots
>The robots are called Arsenals
>Shuichi Ikeda is voicing one of the Arsenal pilots in the game, a guy named Crimson Lord.
>>
>>
>>16595167
Game honestly looks great. Feels great to be a /m/an with a Swtich.
>>
It will not get my blessing.
>>
>>16595231
Stream resolution is usually fucked
Plus it's not out till sometime next year, looks like it was melting the Switch it was running on.
>>
File: 1528928546759.png (1.43 MB, 1594x2053)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
>>16595275
>So from what the stream
Here's the fact sheet
>>
Anybody else hear both furuya and ikeda in the stream? Am I just imagining things?
>>
>>16595313
Yeah, those two ace pilots seemed to be them
One was even called the "Crimson Lord"
I think these guys know who their audience is
>>
File: 3f7.png (134 KB, 299x299)
134 KB
134 KB PNG
>>16595275
>Crimson Lord
>Shuichi Ikeda
Oh shit
>>
>>16595313
>>>/v/420306425
>>
>>16595319
>>16595321
The other guy was Diablo, that's obv taken from the White Devil
>>
>>16595313
It was them.
>>
>>16595167
Fuck, I guess I'm buying a Switch now.
>>
>>16595167
>>16595277

These screenshots are already too much for the Switch, I won't be surprised if this is a timed exclusive. I already own a Switch so I don't care either way, but if you don't, don't be silly and wait till the last moment to buy one in case instead.
>>
Wonder how much you'll be able to modify the appearance of your mech.
>>
>>16595352
It's published by Nintendo. The only way it's leaving the Switch is if it gets emulated.
>>
>>16595352
>Publisher: Nintendo

Depending on how much control Ninty has over rights to publish, they could keep it exclusive to their platform.

At best it might be ported to an NVidia platform due to the hardware deal between the two that led to the Tegra X1 powering the Switch.
>>
Why can't a Metroid game have art direction like this?
>>
>>16595385
Eh I don't think it's really fitting for Metroid
It's been going for that 80s slimy alien look since the 2D games
>>
>>16595167
Is it just me or does the movement really look slow and floaty?
like in AC usually when you're flying or jumping your momentum carries through, and when you stop you slide a bit before coming to a complete stop

Is the player just shit?
>>
>>16595394
>Is the player just shit?
Probably, she got hit by literally everything. Demo seemed to have godmode.
>>
>>16595385
It kinda did in Zero Mission('s key art) though?

That being said doing it as an in-game art style would feel a bit off in Metroid. Too comic book for a series that's about exploring caves and nuking jellyfish ayylmaos.
>>
>published by nintendo
rip 500 dollars
>>
>>16595393
Wouldn't it be nice to have a Metroid game where the mechanical designs are the focus instead of the window dressing?
>>
framerate seemed to get choppy when the bosses appeared, hopefully that gets fixed next year
>>
>>16595240
That's similar height to the Aura Fighters in Dunbine. I like.
>>
>>16595394
Seems like it move faster than Gundam Breaker.
>>
>>16595394
most likely a bit of both, seems like you can hover in the air forever or play on the ground votoms style. you also got dodges like in other actions games
>>
https://www.usgamer.net/articles/daemon-x-machina-is-a-spiritual-successor-to-armored-core-on-switch

– Carry a host of weapons, from laser swords to bazookas
– Can unlock new mechs, pick armor, and customize for durability, mobility, and more
– Missions revolve around “Orders”
– These are mercenary missions that will earn you variable amounts of money
– Orders you choose will determine how the story progresses as well as your allies
– The money you earn can be put toward new weapons
– Destructible environments
– This mainly applies to the buildings, which you can send tumbling down upon enemies if you get the timing right
– Can pick up cars and throw them, rip out sign posts and use them as swords, or pick up weapons from fallen enemies and use them
– Tsukuda wants to have hidden items on top of buildings
– Tsukuda: “We deliberately made this easy to get into, but there is depth to the gameplay as well.”
– Full packaged game
– Working on the Unreal Engine
– On multiplayer: “We’re thinking about ways for everyone to play together, but we’ll introduce exactly how we plan to do that at another time.”
>>
It's literally just Armored Core 3 gameplay. Not that that's terrible but it's like how indie games rehash old ideas
>>
>>16595666
Everythng is a rehash anon just learn to accept it.
>>
File: Femto.jpg (147 KB, 516x766)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>16595275
>>The moon chunks release energy called Femto that is used to as a power source for the robots
>Femto
GRITFHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: 1501353208769.gif (2.65 MB, 328x241)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB GIF
>>16595275
>>16595287
>>16595653

I need this game pumped into my veins.
>>
>>16595666
Well Satan if you look at the staff that's kinda what you should expect to get.
>>
File: 1512087350602.jpg (140 KB, 500x417)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>16595167
Finally, someone with a budget is making a proper mecha game.

>Not an indie game that's over too soon without enough customization
>Not a licensed thing that always over simplifies things

But a proper AC style mecha game. It's finally happening..
>>
>>16595313
What a time to be alive
>>
So what's the deal with this? From skimming /v/, it has some ex-From personnel who worked on Armored Core involved?
>>
>>16595322
god the cancerous posts
>>
>>16595666
I disagree, there's more than shooting and customizing like AC games. Notice the big enemies shown in trailer and the emphasis on picking loot, this game has Monster Hunter elements on it. Even the base system and mission structure, the whole "X seconds before returning to base" at the end of mission is very hunting games-like.
I'm surprised nobody mentioned that in this thread already.
>>
dat was some good shit
>>
Good, I was depressed about New Gundam Breaker and now this is here to cheer me up.
>>
Jesus, the way /v/ talks about this game, it's as if it doesn't exist.

I thought they wanted a new Armoured Core, and now that something similar's coming out, they choose to shitpost how there's nothing good coming out or who "won/lost E3?
>>
>>16595918
there were some threads, but it's mostly plagued with port beggars
>>
>>16595766
Yeah you're right there even the quests are similar.
>>
>>16595918
It's almost as if it was the containment board for the 13 year olds that ignore the 18+ requirement.
>>
>>16595766
Also being able to get out of the mech and be on foot during mission probably will have it uses too
>>
Does anyone know the name of the team making the game?
>>
>>16595945
Marvelous/First Studio
>>
>>16595918
E3 has made me realize how much I hate /v/
>>
>>16595394
>Is it just me or does the movement really look slow and floaty?
Well come on, it's not finished yet
>>
Looks pretty slow.
>>
>>16595766
>Armored Core/Monster Hunter mashup game
I didn't know I wanted this until now.
>>
File: 1528826898005.png (2.86 MB, 1920x1080)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB PNG
>All enemies are AIs

Man, fuck that. I'm gonna headcanon otherwise
>>
>>16595979
I think the AI thing is because of nintendo.
>>
>>16595979
>that crimson rival character
I'm certain we'll get to fight other pilots too
>>
I sure do hope dual audio is in.
>>16595986
lol
you sure aren't dumb to believe that, are you?
xenoblade x for example had people commiting suicide and outright xenophobic themes about killing innocent aliens.
And plenty of other Nintendo only games have their share of violence, take bayo for example.
>>
>>16595918
/v/ would be slobbering shamelessly over this game if it wasn't a Switch exclusive.
>>
>>16595995
Everyone is XBX are robots or aliens so it's fine
>>
>>16595995
Hm then the story is based on a thread from armored core probably.
>>
>>16595998
so you are that dumb, got it.
>>16596000
I actually really doubt only threat will be AI only. After all they didn't show everything game has to offer.
Feels like AI is convenient way of having tons of enemies you need to kill story wise. But that's about it.
>>
>>16595986
Didn't the stream say basically it's some sort of rogue AI thing that takes over other machines. Rather than being something Nintendo it's more a cliched tech virus type thingy.
>>
>>16595986
anon their party game featured Mario getting his head squashed
>>
>>16596134
And the Ridley trailer had Mario get bodied hard, with the big guy twirling Mario's hat tauntingly at Samus.
>>
>>16596157
that's what I meant, Mario wasn't just bodied hard, his head was literally squished
>>
>>16595926
Hardly surprising. Remember that April Fools last year showed that the overwhelming majority of portbegging and platform war shitposting was from Brazil, Eastern Europe and the Philippines.
>>
>>16596199
feels good being a flipfag with a switch
>>
>>16596233
feels good to be an idort
>>
>>16596241
yes, just making a note about the flipfagginess

although nowadays I don't think there's a point with a bone if you have a PC
>>
>>16596243
even if you have a toaster pc, xbone is pretty useless cause I fail to see appeal of their stuff at all
I have original xbox and that's enough, maybe will get modded 360 at some point, it's not really all that high in priority list.
>>
>>16596010
Isn't majority of grunt enemy in AC like flying drones or small MTs autonomous? Even the Arms Forts look like to be AI controlled, the only one I remember hinted to have crews is Spirit of Motherwill. Or the Pulverizers in Last Raven. I'm sure we'll fight other Arsenal too, those aces we saw might gone rogue. Or we'll have some sort of arena.
>>16596254
I bought a modded 360 for its exclusive games, but not Halo or Gears. Instead I bought it for Ace Combat 6. Tenchu Z. and some obscure stuff like Senko no Ronde. Worth it.
>>
>>16596363
grunts in AC are mostly MTs, drones, tanks and sometimes very small spider like bots. the tanks probably have some crew in them and MTs are shown to have people in them
>>
>>16596363
>. Instead I bought it for Ace Combat 6. Tenchu Z. and some obscure stuff like Senko no Ronde. Worth it.
yeah it also have virtual on and some other stuff here and there, just kinda can't be arsed for some reason
also I'm all outta hdmi ports, that means I need to find another HDMI switch, hopefully one which strips copy protection, but I'm lazy.
just have too big of backlog
>>
>>16595766
If I can start stealing other people's machines or summon a spare one as a drop, then I will be a very happy man
>they mentioned 4 hangar spaces, three being empty
>>16595918
Well, it's /v/ and a lot of games and shitposts come out with E3.
Plus smash in the same direct. And mecha being more niche and exclusivity wars because of the switch and /v/'s autism
Still had some threads though.
Fucking ACfag keeps crying about muh anime though, fucking thread derailer
>>
>https://youtu.be/O9hM7rjIs40
What's worse, adding humans to Star Fox or giving Fox whiskers?
>>
>>16596532
you know what's funnier? apparently he helped in because he's looking for Wolf

gay
>>
>>16596388
>they mentioned 4 hangar spaces, three being empty
I think they immediately hinted that it was tied to multiplayer in some way. I'm guessing the game will have drop in/drop out or some kind of party/lobby system like Monster Hunter.
>>
>>16595394
The E3 video shows boosting, I think she's just really shit and doesn't know how to do a basic function.
>>
>>16595918
I'm actually shocked at how many threads this game is getting. We've had more threads than 99% of the games shown at E3. Only Smash, The last of Us, DMC, and the samurai shitposts have more
>>
>>16596748

She probably is; Nintendo tends to hire presenters for Treehouse Live based on personality and ability to entertain rather than on gaming skill from what I can tell. I'm pretty sure she was one of the people playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild on stream at the Treehouse Live events two years ago when they were showing it off as the main game and a lot of videos were garnering comments because she took a "blow the shit out of everything" direct approach that people found endearing even if she wasn't notably good at the game since it made for compelling viewing to see her get in to it.
>>
>>16596757
No one expected it and it actually looks pretty good. When Nintendo starts a Direct we all thought would be nothing but Smash with the closest thing to Armored Core we've gotten in years, it's going to turn a few heads.
>>
>>16596764
Oh yeah, now that I think about it, I remember a woman with an accent who has kind of clumsy and accidentally set a field on fire while trying to do something and having a little freak out about it. I think it's the same woman.
>>
>>16596532
>adding humans to Star Fox
Star Fox and F-Zero share the same universe, so it's not weird IMO.
>>
>>16596770

Yea, I remember the other girl that was showing it off for a lot of videos had Link as naked as possible at every opportunity because she liked his bod. Those are the two that stood out to me, and I can't honestly even recall if there even other people doing presentations that year.
>>
>>16596532
It's Fox being added in a game with humans, not humans being added to Star Fox, dumbass.
>>
>>16596772

That's not quite right. They have big references to each other, but James McCloud in F-Zero is a human, and when Fox and Falco became racing pilots in a Command ending, the racing tournament was called "G-Zero". Oddly, the same Star Fox Command does have an F-Zero pilot straight from F-Zero (Octoman).
>>
>>16595352
Nothing stands out as truly out there here, really. Just very efficiently styled. That smoke and that grass, for instance. A very clean, cel style works well here to disguise the defects.

The real test is this supposed destruction system. That I can't imagine it being too robust unless there's some true wizardry at work here. But then again that Mars game came out last gen, which the Switch is at least technically ahead of. Though I recall its CPU is something of a concern even in comparison to that.
>>
>>16595986
Another third party game Nintendo publishes nowadays is Bayonetta, so I can't imagine it was something like that.
>>
>>16597120

Is that "Morphie's Law" game that was shown off last year going to be published by Nintendo as well? There's almost no information about it or the developers (Cosmocast) online, just that they delayed release to continue work on the game and are still doing so at the moment. That they weren't shown at E3 might indicate some problems, but I'd hope it still sees release because it looked to introduce an interesting new mechanic in to the team shooter genre with a nice aesthetic to boot.
>>
>>16595275
Is your operator named Four?
>>
>>16597141
I don't think so, but I haven't looked into it too much. I recall it was an independent game before it got shown off for the Switch, and that it has a PC version lined up as well. It's also unlikely to get a physical release, so the actual necessity of publishing wouldn't likely show up. Nowadays you really only need Publishers if you need a lot of capital for a big game or if you need to have physical releases. Both of which are still very significant concerns in the market, but there's a sizable and growing portion that does just fine without either.
>>
>>16595287
Wait what the piss? Then who's developing the next armored core?
>>
>>16599317
>next armored core

lmao
>>
>>16599317
One imagines any prior rumors, or indeed any actual word from From (I can't recall if there's been any), about any future Armored Core games have been greatly exaggerated given this reveal. Or perhaps the next Armored Core game is going to be pretty different from the previous ones.
>>
>>16599317
Tsukada hasn't been involved with Armored Core since the PS2, as far as I can tell. The studio developing the game is also Marvelous, and not From Software. They're a completely different set of people.

What I'm saying is that DxM doesn't hamper the existence or continuation of the Armored Core series since AC was being done by a completely different team for a long time now within From Software that's unrelated to all of this.
>>
>>16599515
Great to hear. Thanks, friend
>>
>>16599517
You're welcome, fellow Equal Citizen of the Great Hegemony.

Just remember to praise the Corporations or else I'll have to show up to your house and arrest you.

Haha, just kidding, friend. May the Corporations Bless you.
>>
>>16599024
it's been a long time but what does processor do
>>
>>16599546
Probably just the equivalently of a power supply since the resource is memory now
>>
Are there monoeyes?
This decides whether it's good or not.
>>
File: 1528827203888.png (2.05 MB, 1920x1080)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB PNG
>>16599802
Char's mech sort of looks like it's a monoeye.

I assume they will have far more custom options than the two mech models they showed off.
>>
>>16599546
I assume lock-on speed or something along those lines?
>>
File: OP_071207_s05_c12_01.jpg (499 KB, 1280x720)
499 KB
499 KB JPG
>>16599024
>Radiant Gleam

This fuckin' game, dude
>>
>>16595167
>don't care for Smash
>no Bayonetta 3
>no Metroid Prime 4
>no Shin Megami Tensei V
>no The Wonderful 101 port so I can finally throw away my Wii U
Nintendo's E3 was disappointing this year but I'm very happy that this game got announced. Instant buy going by the stream and the trailer. Visually, it looks gorgeous too.
>>
You just know this game is gonna have Not-Nineball-Seraph as the final boss
>>
Why make it exclusive to Switch? this shit is already niche enough.
>>
>>16603028
guess who gave them money
>>
>>16603032
concept of exclusivity is pretty hard for console warriors to understand.
As well as idea that there is no other way to make niche games now with at least some resemblance of budget.
>>
>>16603130
The fun part is when they act like whoever published it "stole" the game from other platforms when the game wouldn't exist without that publisher's money.
>>
>>16603130

The concept of exclusivity is kind of hard to understand in general, since it limits potential long term profit for short term gains by making a deal up front with one company. That said, in cases like this where the developer presumably signed with one particular company to get some of the money they'd need to develop the game it makes more sense. Bigger companies like Capcom though make no sense to do it.
>>
>>16603189
>Bigger companies like Capcom

ohohohoho Capcom isn't big

Konami is, but Capcom isn't
>>
>>16603189
Not really that hard as you make it out to be.
For example profit. Having a publisher pay you handsome sum is great deal for developers. Cause not only they can do mostly what they want (in case of niche game), but also don't have to worry about issuing paychecks to their employees. And takes off the shoulders all PR and marketing there is to make.
There is literally no downside for such deal to developer. "Long term gains" is a myth.
If game is not online focused or has heavy amount of expansions going - most of profit from sales will come from few launch months at best. And we know what happens to online focused games if they are not a bit hit, they bleed off resources of developer until those games are put down out of misery or just forgotten.
You also forget that multiplatform is expensive. Porting is not easy and not cheap even if architecture become more similar lately. That's huge commitment as well to release game on multiple platforms. So developer needs to dedicate resources to that one way or the other (like via hiring outsource company)
And sometimes it can be just preference. Why do you think MonHun stayed on 3DS for awhile? Because of some contract with Nintendo? Or because it found target audience there and 3DS version was insanely cheaply to make thanks to screen resolution and such?
They just moved from 3DS cause they thought they got most out of it already and switched to multiplatform for new market.
Probably that preference is reason some developers stay on sony sistems for example, found their audience and don't see the point to risk and expanding it with ports.
>>
Between This, Xenoblade , Star Link, Nier Automata, Megaman Legacy, Metroid Prime 4 the Switch is fast becoming my go-to /m/ platform.
>>
>>16603531
I really want to like Starlink but I suspect it's mostly interested in making money.
>>
>>16603531
Its been my unexpected fitegaems platform ever since I found out it had Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

Granted, it only has the Arcade Archives version which is a strict emulation of the NeoGeo original locked to MVS arcade mode with no way to force it into AES home console mode where all the nice home owner features are hidden, but it's started me on a gradual descent into fitegaemery.
>>
>>16603017
Well, Not!Char seems to pilot a machine that looks similar to Nine-Ball. >>16599938
>>
>>16603531
I really had little to no expectations for the switch and find myself cautiously surprised by it time and time again. Thought for sure it would be another WiiU.
>>
>>16603531
>Xenoblade
I wish I could enjoy it more. Too flawed for me.
>>
>>16603531
>Nier Automata
>Switch
?
>>
>>16603206
Monster Hunter World has always been a multiplatform home console title, it's just that this was the first to be released in the west. It's doubtful the main series will stray from a portable gaming platform. Then again this is Capcom so who knows. Their current approach towards gaming seems to be nothing but low-risk HD remakes and anthology bundles with only the occasional new title here or there. They've lost the driving talent behind Resident Evil and Devil May Cry in addition to having no interest in making anything Megaman related out of spite for the guy behind that franchise so they've been aping those franchises ever since RE4 and DMC3. I mean yeah, RE7 is good, but there's nothing about it that is inherently Resident Evil aside from the broader genre. It could have just as easily been an entirely new IP. And I can only force myself to pretend that a new Street Fighter is anything to care about.

Japanese developers in general don't seem to have any concept how to cultivate their existing franchises in the modern gaming era with most of their biggest names now existing as zombie franchises surviving on name recognition life support (Silent Hill, Castlevania, Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Sonic the Hedghog, Metal Gear Solid, etc).

>>16603578
Hasn't been officially announced, but it being ported to the switch was mentioned by the developer in an interview.
>>
>>16603577
Rumor has it they're going to be porting Xenoblade Chronicles X to the Switch so that might be more your cup of tea.
>>
>>16603584
I have it, that's precisely why I didn't find Xenoblade 2 flawed.
>>
>>16603594
did find.
I need to go to sleep
anyway seems like DaemonxMachina will fill the void left by Xenoblade 2
>>
>>16603584
I've always heard that a port would be difficult given that XBX utilizes the gamepad screen a lot.
>>
>>16603599
I honestly don't see how. Sure having a map was nice for quick mining reshuffling, but I fail to see issue of putting it on separate screen.
I miss having map below in splatoon more
>>
>>16603599
AFAIK the only thing locked behind the gamepad is the fast travel implementation maybe.

Past that the game itself could be played in gamepad view probably in its entirety.
>>
>>16603615
>>16603603
I played XBX exclusively from the gamepad (comfy while lounging in bed) and it's no problem to switch between the two screens.
>>
>>16603622
I hardly imagine how you did that with that font. I tried once and it wasn't all that good of experience as far I recall.
>>
>>16603580
>I mean yeah, RE7 is good, but there's nothing about it that is inherently Resident Evil aside from the broader genre. It could have just as easily been an entirely new IP.

I don't see how it could be a new IP when it's a Capcom-made game about scrounging up shit with the hopes of surviving an outbreak of bio-bullshit.

It earned the right to be Resident Evil.
Hell, it earned the right to go by both Resident Evil -and- Biohazard at the same time.
>>
So it's got ACV style weapon hangars, as well as a single(?) shoulder slot for an old-style back unit. So far we've only seen missile launchers, but I'm hoping it'll include cannons, with classic leg dynamics. Bipeds need to kneel, quads and tanks don't
>>
>>16607148
>classic leg dynamics. Bipeds need to kneel,
Unironically kill yourself
>>
>>16607148
There's right hand, left hand, shoulder, "auxiliary," and left and right pylon. I think the pylon weapons are just backup hand weapons, though.
>>
I'm wondering how extensive the customization will actually be. Maybe I'm spoiled on later AC games, but it might just be a little disappointing if you can't go kind of nuts with the paint and decals if there even are any.
>>
>>16607169
Aww, babby can't play a mech game that requires more thought than "mash quickboost more than the other guy"
>>
>>16603580

>I mean yeah, RE7 is good, but there's nothing about it that is inherently Resident Evil aside from the broader genre. It could have just as easily been an entirely new IP.

Well this could be said about every new RE game since Nemesis.
>>
>>16607901
Fair point, It just doesn't seem like that since RE5 and RE6 were just aping RE4's shtick
>>
>>16607901
>>16607999

Putting aside that RE5 and RE6 basically continued the shtick of what RE4 had made the franchises new gameplay, both of them were also had more of the franchises' normal characters, plot and tone than RE4 did. At least from my understanding, since I never played either. Which, I think I actually own RE5 now that I'm mentioning it.
>>
>>16607169
Woah woah, easy there buckaroo, no need for that, but it really does serve the gameplay better that way. I get you want to make your favorite Gundam or what have you, but if you want to use the heavy artillery, you've got to make a compromise, the absence of that compromise dynamic that is part of what made combat in fA feel so stale. Why do you think Human+ and OP-INTENSIFY were banned in classic tournaments?
I understand, I do. When I was younger and played AC2 and AA with my friends we were H+ and we thought it was the coolest thing ever being godlike like that. But when we decided to play normally when AC3 came out, we found out how much more interesting it made the game. All of our designs and build philosophies became much more varied, and the game became much more fun as a result.
>>
>>16607999
6 takes after 4 in the most superficial ways, I'd argue.

Like, if you stop to think about it, 4 reinterprets the tank controls design philosophy of the fixed camera angles era into a game where you finally get to see what's in front of you... meaning environment design focuses more than ever on claustrophobic halls as you get further and further in the game, restricting just how much your newfound visibility benefits you.

By 6 this evolves completely into Capcom's implementation of third person shooter design, particularly that for a game where you're getting ambushed by quasi-zombies that have guns, in arena environments that are less cover shooter flanking action and more the RE gameplay loop of "how do I put ample space between me and the enemy so I don't get command grabbed for big damage?" For what it's worth, the mechanics are generally considered to be top notch, but it's by this point, along with the bizarre choice to have the game be a series of mini-campaigns each with their own particular tone, that the bridge starts to get burnt between Capcom and RE fans who are clamoring for one of two things: more RE4 claustrophobia-meets-kitsch, or more REmake old school claustrophobia.

RE from 4 through to Rev2 is some real interesting stuff at any rate, but it was clear that the franchise needed another soft reboot (especially after 6 capped off a major story arc with regards to super-bioterrorism), hence why 7 is a more low key incident in the vein of the original Arklay Mountains Mansion Incident.
>>
>>16608439
It would be fine if the AI had to play by the same rules but we all know that none of them will have any of the bullshit attached to any weapon type
>>
>>16607148
We don't even know if there are different leg types yet
>>
>>16608527
Fuck you, you little baby shit. There's nothing wrong with the computer cheating.
>>
>>16608576
There is everything wrong with the AI being able to do everything regardless of what it has it makes the game pretty fucking boring when everything you fight is the same no matter what
>>
>>16608590
You have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>16608594
The game should have consistency. If the player uses a pencil thin mech that can barely stand up with a single cannon the AI shouldn't be able to use 8 of them in the same mech with no downsides but you apparently love that shit.
>>
>>16608629
Sure, I love being challenged and beating a cheat mech without cheating myself.
>>
>>16608527
I get where you're coming from, but don't fully agree. The AI is just an AI, and will never match up to a human player, so they kind of have to be given a bit of an edge in order to be any kind of challenge. Not every AC can have the AI that Sight Hawk had.
>>
>>16603531
Can't wait for the inevitable SRW S.
>>
File: daemonxmachina_e3_3[1].jpg (313 KB, 1280x720)
313 KB
313 KB JPG
https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/19/17476680/daemon-x-machina-preview-nintendo-switch-marvelous-e3-2018
>“Games these days have a lot of the same color palette, and I just personally wasn’t very happy with it,” Tsukuda said. “The colors that you see are chosen specifically for each of the orders and missions that you go on, based on how we want you to feel when you’re playing.”

>“Shooting a gun sounds like a drum and there’s a laser blade that actually uses the sound of a guitar, “ he said. “So when you’re playing with a group of Arsenals, I was hoping to create a game that kind of felt like you were like having a jam session.”
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcymtmfC3v8
>>
File: 2018_06_12_12h01m42s888.jpg (226 KB, 1400x1400)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
>>16611040
>Femto
I get the feeling these guys are taking a jab at Miyazaki and his penchant for Berserk references.
>>
>we got not-char and not-amuro in this game
>>
I hope there's a colony crash type scenario
>>
>>16611040

> that little "ooooh" powering down sound the woman playing makes as she slowly lands for the first time

C-cute.

Also, given the enemy in the game is all AI and can possess armors themselves and that you have an AI assistant I wonder if there'll be a mission where the AI takes over your mech and you have to use a shit tier generic one to take down your own mech.
>>
>>16608629

"Bawwwww, can't get gud!!!"
>>
>>16612407
Don't be rude, anon
>>
>>16612316
Chico may not be very good at games, but she's at least a fun and charismatic presence.
>>
>>16612316
That would be a neat idea actually. And from what I understand, there are still wars between factions over resources and stuff, while the AI seems more of a rogue element.
>>
File: 748.gif (856 KB, 320x240)
856 KB
856 KB GIF
>>16612414
>>
>>16595167
>Operator is Four
Sold
>>
The interview's been translated.
http://www.frontlinejp.net/2018/06/21/daemon-x-machina-developer-interview/

tl;dr tsukuda really loves kawamori
>>
Thread Music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdmhFhxJIXQ
>>
>>16610731

Rez-like game with mechs could be cool
>>
>>16612316
>AI takes over your mech
>have to go on foot or mech jack to fight it
>AI goes full nine-ball on you and starts malfunctioning, one mission could lead to you fucking you over in a mission via mis info, or sending you to a trap
>>
>>16613985

If you had to do it on foot (and Tsukuda has mentioned there'll be some on foot bits and that operators have powers thanks to Femto) I'd like it even more yeah. It'd really lend a sense of scale to things as well as make you appreciate your own mech more and be intimidating to have to fight the mech you've spent half a game or more building up in to an incredible bad ass. Frankly, this is something I wish some anime would do too. I like the end of Turn-A as is, but I think Loran having to use a SUMO take on the Turn-A after it's been lost in the last episode or three as an experienced and/or verifiably good named character uses it in the final fight would have been great too. Having the protagonist spend all game/show/story build up the viewer's expectations of the ability of a unit, especially one tied to the lore of a story and that can demonstrably fuck the setting sideways in some way before losing it in the finale and it becoming the final boss unit while the protagonist is on the backfoot against something they've spent so long using would be fantastic in my opinion.
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 850x478)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>16614009
> on foot final mission

FUCK THAT. FUCK OFF WITH THAT SUGGESTION. FUCK YOU FOR EVEN SUGGESTING THAT.

This is why we dont have good mech games. Because of faggots like you.
>>
>>16614415
>This is why we dont have good mech games.
>Not because of a drought or questionable design choices compared to prior entries
>>16614009
I'd prefer on foot being brief though, or you end up getting your Arsenal repaired for the second half of the mission
>>
>>16614415

> "Hey, how about a mech game where the final mission is to fight your own mech on foot after spending the entire game building it up as a destructive god, giving you a greater appreciation of why the mech could be bad in the wrong hands and why it's dangerous at all?"
> apparently translates to "hey, how about a game with no mechs?"

Are you a game publisher or something, because you seem to have the intelligence and perception of one.
>>
>>16614466
> Final mission goes against the games theme
> apparently translates to the game is not x

This is why this board will never amount to anything
>>
>>16614945

> never mention anything about themes, of which it could be a vast variety while having an on foot battle against a mech fit
> being on foot would be against the game's theme

Only if your idea of a theme is "it has mechs, therefor it's theme is mechs", which seems extremely shallow.
>>
>>16614950
I'd rather it be shallow than have it go against the goddamn reason I'm playing it in the first place.
>>
>>16614977

This might surprise you, but: I disagree. Hence why I made the suggestion at all.
>>
>>16614009
nah fuck off, just focus on the mecha part don't do anything unnecessary
>>
>>16615068

> just focus on the mecha part

Too late. Tsukuda already mentioned in the E3 Treehouse stuff as well as the linked Famitsu interview that you'll be able to do things on foot that he's not going to discuss just yet.

> don't do anything unnecessary

Nothing about a video game is necessary. It's entertainment, not a necessity.
>>
>>16615075
I don't mind the ability to go on foot but having a final mission where you don't have the main gameplay aspect is retarded, that's like how DMC had the final boss start off being a stupid shmup.

this is the first time in a long time that we've had a pure mecha game in the vein of AC and shit that detracts from it is unnecessary
>>
>>16615094
>>16614990
>>
>>16615103
and that's why I disagree with you fag, what's your point?
>>
>>16615108

None, beyond that calling me a fag and saying to fuck off constantly just for having that opinion isn't going to stop me having an opinion you don't like and stating it.
>>
>>16615075
http://www.frontlinejp.net/2018/06/21/daemon-x-machina-developer-interview/
> The Arsenals also run on femto, and Outers are actually people who have gotten powers due to the influence of femto, most of whom work as mercenaries.

So the pilots will have superpowers and it won’t be completely generic pew pew shootbangs.
>>
File: MTcockpit.jpg (44 KB, 474x726)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
Wonder if the size of the Arsenals was influenced by this old AC artwork
>>
>>16614009
How soulless must you be waning to destroy a mech thats been with you throughout a journey. Is this is how you treat your best friend?
>>
On foot segments in mech games are fucking shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (174 KB, 800x600)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>16615675
not necesarilly. if done right, it could enhance gameplay. But its always good to have more gameplay optiona, and nice to get out of your mech when you have this big world to explore with.

Its just this faggot anon >>16615075 >>16614009

and his shit idea is what gives pilot section a terrible rap
>>
>>16613509

>Tsukuda says that the title is derived from the Greek mechanical gods known as “deus ex machina”

Even Google's sometimey translation from Japanese the 4Gamers article made this part clear that the title was a play on words not mythology.

You're literally taking the role of the literary device deus ex machina.
>>
>>16615737
>mythology
>deus ex machina

Are you retarded?
>>
>>16615880
That's literally what he's complaining about, are you illiterate?
>>
>>16615913
>he
>>
>>16607148
>single shoulder slot
I hope they'll make a second one or at least give us double weapons for a single slot. I want my mechs to be stronk and symmetrical.
>>
>>16616072
The interview says there are different weight classes so maybe heavies will carry more weapons.
>>
>>16615094
>that's like how DMC had the final boss start off being a stupid shmup.
Seems common in a lot of games to change up gameplay during a final boss segment
Depends on if it's fun
>>16615344
Are there any scans of the Pre third gen databooks and artbooks? I've been looking around
>>
>>16614009

The only time I've seen this kind of thing work is in Drakengard because of 4 reasons.

1.the emotional connection you've made with Angelus.
2. it was believable that Caim could win because Caim's a fucking monster.
3. It wasn't a radical departure of gameplay
4. It's Drakengard, that kind of battle makes sense for it's themes.

It's not an idea that easily works or is acceptable to the audience that would be buying this, and will take more work than it's probably worth unless you intentionally want to kick the player in the nuts and the payoff would be worth it to the player.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.