[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Rgm-86r.jpg (193 KB, 357x700)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
You guys know that the Feddies upgraded several GMs into the GM II right? And then during ZZ they further upgraded many GM IIs into GM IIIs. Do you think somewhere out there is a GM III that fought all the way back in the OYW during Unicorn?
>>
>>16597093
Probably, though at that point it should be in a museum for all the shit it went through.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (297 KB, 666x440)
297 KB
297 KB PNG
>>16597095
>Centuries later
>A Neo Neo Neo Fed pilot accidentally knocks open a panel in the cockpit of his GM C (100) and finds mementos dating back to the OYW
>>
File: GM_III.png (352 KB, 768x432)
352 KB
352 KB PNG
I hope it was one of the ones in Londo Bell. It'd be fitting for it to be involved in finally putting Zeon to rest fuck off Fukui.
>>
>Someone finds a GM in a junkyard in the far distant future of UC
>Fixes it up and gets it running
>While super old it can still hold off against the latest mobile suits on its own
>>
File: Spoiler Image (64 KB, 640x480)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>16597115
>>
>>16597102

> Tomino brings Zeon back from the grave twice to tell further stories about them
> Fukui does it once
> Fuck you Fukui!

Always mystifies me.
>>
File: 1526998160058.png (159 KB, 616x288)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
>>16597102
>be GM
>Get built in Jaburo to fuck some Zeeks up
>somehow don't die with noob pilot
>Gundams get all the credit
>OYW is over so whatever
>get upgraded to GM II
>used by those AEUG guys
>shoot up some more Zeeks and Titans in stolen Zeek trash
>maybe now I can retire-
>more Zeeks show up
>fucks sake
>upgraded to GM III after that shitshow
>can I get a break now
>Char's Zeeks show up
>I'm getting too old for this shit.beam_rifle
>try and help stop that fucking giant ass rock
>Gundam steals glory again
>don't burn up entirely
>whatever can I get mothballed now
>More fucking Neo Zeeks
>fuck my life
>Finally they're all gone with that Char clone-
>Mars Zeon shows up
>GOD DAMN IT
Real tired of your shit Deikun
>>
>>16597130
Beause CCA was the intended conclusion
Unicorn was also shit
>>
>>16597093
There are probably F-15s in service that have been flying all the way since the 70s so it's not that far-fetched.
>>
>>16597132

Since when? Because it certainly wasn't the intended conclusion when he was writing 0079, and the intended conclusion when he was writing Zeta was Zeta Part II. It was only the intended conclusion when it was being written. And it wasn't even the intended conclusion of Zeon, given all the Zeon personnel standing around mourning Char's loss on the bridge of the Rewloola; just of Amuro and Char's rivalry. Which already had a good conclusion in 0079, but was dug up again for Char's Counterattack so it could close something it had just opened.
>>
>>16597138
>Since when?
>>
>>16597145

You mean, exactly when I just said?
>>
>>16597150
No, because your implication was that not being conceived alongside the original work invalidates the claim
>>
>>16597133
I'm very sure some C-130s that were flying during the Vietnam War are still flying now
>>
>>16597155

I fail to see how pointing out that it wasn't always the intended conclusion and that Tomino himself had ignored earlier conclusions to make it so invalidates that it was only the intended conclusion when it was being written. Especially when Unicorn didn't dig up the only thing it did conclude anyway (i.e. Amuro versus Char), making the whole idea Unicorn invalidated the intended ending kind of weird in the first place.
>>
>>16597164
>I fail to see how pointing out that it wasn't always the intended conclusion and that Tomino himself
Tomino being the author of the early-UC
> Especially when Unicorn didn't dig up the only thing it did conclude anyway
That it doesn't conclude the Zeon conflict is entirely a retroactive idea which ignores what was coming out of the mouths of Char and Amuro as they fought and what actually happened with the Axis drop breaking down antagonism and causing the two sides to work together to save the Earth
It doesn't tie it up with a neat bow because it doesn't need to, it puts all the pieces in place for reconciliation
>>
>>16597174

Yea, those 3 Geara Doga pilots joining the Federation pilots totally invalidates the fact that even as the Axis Shock was happening we cut back to Nanai and several others on the bridge of Rewloola reacting shock or despair to everything that's happening several times and that we get shots of them even after the last shots of the 3 Geara Doga pilots. Pointing out stuff that's in the movie is totally some retro-active reading.

What's more, how dare the people who own the franchise resurrect Zeon and tell more stories about them. Who do they think they are, Tomino?

> That it doesn't conclude the Zeon conflict is entirely a retroactive idea which ignores what was coming out of the mouths of Char and Amuro as they fought

They don't say one word about the purpose of Zeon or anything that would wrap it up during their entire fight.
>>
>>16597093
If they kept going and upgraded some GM IIIs into Jegans, then there's a chance that the Jegan that got its head kicked off in F91 was originally a GM that fought in the OYW.
>>
>>16597130
Fukui has nothing to say that hadn’t been said before by better writers

>>16597138
Dude, fuck off. Seriously. Nobody likes Unicorn aside from fair-weather fans who only want to buy Gunpla
>>
>>16597510

> No true Gundam fan argument

Tomino didn't say anything particularly new with Char's Counterattack either. In fact, most works don't say something new. Saying something new isn't a requirement for entertainment to exist.
>>
>>16597093
where did you find the background that some gms were upgraded to iis, and some iis were upgraded to iiis?
i've read that they're upgraded designs, but i haven't read anything about individual suits being upgraded to the next model
it's a neat thought though
>>
File: Clop.jpg (138 KB, 800x337)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
A sort of similar fate befalls the Salamis-Kai and Clop class machines the EF uses, as they go for years just getting upgraded and being used as they are.
>>
>>16597586
I still can't get over what cheapskates the Feds are. Even in Victory they're still using the Salamis.
>>
>>16597131
we need a john rambo GM
>>
>>16597705
Colonel Trautman: It's over Jimmy. It's over!
GM: Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my war! You asked me I didn't ask you! And I did what I had to do to win, for somebody who wouldn't let us win! Then I come back to the world, and I see all those maggots at the airport, protestin' me, spittin', callin' me a Zeke killer and all kinds of vile crap! Who are they to protest me?! Huh?! Who are they?! Unless they been me and been there and know what the hell they yellin' about!
>>
>>16597749
after so long, GM rambo finally goes home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ9uPaLwBJ8
>>
>>16597749
Colonel Trautman: It was a bad time for everyone GM. It's all in the past now.
GM: For you! For me civilian life is nothin'! In the field without a code of honor. You watch my back I watch yours. Back here there's nothin'! Col. Trautman: You're the last of an elite group. Don't end it like this. GM: Back there I could fly a Subflight System, I could drive a Ship, I was in charge of Billion dollar equipment. Back here I can't even hold a job PARKING MAGELLAN'S!!!! UUHHHH!!!!! (Throws Beam Rifle at ground and then slight emotional pause. He drops to the ground in a crouched position out of breath and very upset)
>>
>>16597753
Damnit, I forgot to replace Trautman with Gundam.

Wha...I can't...oh, I jus--omigod. Where is everybody? Oh God...I...I had a friend, who was GM Cannon. Wha--I had all these guys man. Back there I had all these fucking guys. Who were my friends. Cause back here there's nothin'. Remember GM Cannon? He wore this black head antenna and I took one of those magic markers and I said to Striker, 'Hey mail us to Sydney cause we were always talkin' about Sydney, and this fucking car. This uh tan '58 M61 tank, he was talkin' about this tank, he said we were gonna cruise till the treads fell off. (upset pause) We were in this bar in Solomon. And this Zaku comes up, this Zaku carryin' a shoe shine box, and eh he says uh 'shine please, shine.' I said no, eh an' uh, he kept askin' yeah and Light Armor said 'yeah,' and I went to get a couple beers and the Za--the box was wired, and he opened up the box, fuckin' blew his body all over the place.
>>
>>16597762
And he's layin' there and he's fuckin' screamin', there's pieces of him all over me, jus like--! (frustrated he grabs at his E-Pacs strapped around his chest and yanks it off) like this. And I'm tryin' to pull em off you know? And ehe.. MY FRIEND IT'S ALL OVER ME! IT'S GOT COOLANT, OIL, AND HYDRAULIC FLUID, AND EVERYTHING! And I'm tryin' to hold him together I put him together his fucking insides keep coming out, AND NOBODY WOULD HELP!! Nobody helped me. He sayin' plea I wanna go home I wanna go home. He keeps callin' my name, I wanna go home GM, I wanna drive my M61. I said well (upset and breaking down) WHY I can't find your fucking legs. I can't find you legs. (softly now) I can't get it out of my head. I fuc..I dream of Sixteen years. Everyday I have this. And sometimes I wake up and I dunno where I am. I don't talk to anybody. Sometimes a day--a week. (Almost inaudible) I can't put it out of my mind...fucking...I can't.......(totally sobbing now)
>>
>>16597385
>tfw one of the mobile suits blown up by Bellri was once a GM that fought at Solomon
>>
File: 1488826587210.jpg (193 KB, 800x452)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>>16597131
now make these just for gundams....
>>
File: 06.gif (101 KB, 630x440)
101 KB
101 KB GIF
>>16597772

> not the Cannon Illufueto
>>
File: Salamis Kai.jpg (136 KB, 800x475)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>16597655
If it ain't broke, don't fix it, I suppose.
>>
File: image.jpg (1.65 MB, 2592x1936)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB JPG
>>16597776
>>
>>16597778
>Join the Space Force
>See distant planets, Locales
>Figt Zekes
>It'll be fun they said
>These toilets are surplus from the "80s.
>>
>>16597753
>>16597762
>>16597767

genius!
>>
>>16597655
>>16597778
Wasn't the Federation going through an economic crisis before Victory?
>>
>>16597805
When aren't they going through an economic crisis?
>>
>>16597805
yes. they're pretty much on their last legs by the time of victory.
>>
>>16597810
Where's this come from?
>>
>>16597810
When the writers find another excuse why the the Federation is doing jack shit.
>>
>>16597565
The GM II can have two different model numbers, RGM-179 and RGM-79R. The former suggests that they're newly constructed, whereas the latter suggests the ones with that model number are old RGM-79 units that have been upgraded. There's also the fact that they share a really similar body with minimal changes.

The GM III sort of also has a similar distinction. All of the GM IIIs have the model number RGM-86R, and perhaps the R means that it's refurbished again. It's not exactly conclusive since there isn't really a different model number for a newly manufactured GM III. In Gundam Sentinel, there's a different type of GM III called the Nouvel GM III (somewhat different proportions, looks beefier), which very blatantly uses the French word for "new" and is stated to be a newly manufactured unit, implying that non-"Nouvel" types are refurbished. However, the Nouvel GM III still carries the RGM-86R model number.
>>
>>16598057
The R means Renpou (Federation) in Japanese if I remember correctly.
>>
>>16598062
That's what the first "R" probably stands for. I'm talking about the "R" at the end of the model numbers.
>>
>>16597157
Well, WW2 soviet vehicles like the SU-100 were seen in use in Syria for instance.
>>
File: same_thing.jpg (50 KB, 350x189)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>16597782
>>
I still find it stupid that they started making the Jegan as a replacement for the GM III when the latter had only existed for about five years.
>>
>>16598189
UC man, when you're a spacefaring civilization you have immense resources at your disposal. Not to mention being in a state of constant warfare post '79.
>>
>>16598189
Couldn't the same be said of the GM type C and GM II, or really almost anything from the years in which Zeon existed?
>>
>>16597098
>He gets rich off of it and never pilots again.
>>
>>16597115
If you took how SRWX implemented CCA-level tech into G-Reco into consideration, a GMIII found and restored in the Reguild century probably WOULD do quite a bit of damage.
>>
>>16598198
The C type didn't totally outright replace the other GMs until after the war, and was a minor improvement that was probably still largely compatible with the earlier A and B type GMs.

The GM II ended up replacing the earlier GMs at the five year mark as well. On paper it wasn't a bad idea. It had on par or higher performance than expensive types like the GM Custom and had improvements like the panoramic cockpit. The fact that it was possible to upgrade older GMs to the same standard probably made it even cheaper, too.

>or really almost anything from the years in which Zeon existed?
Well that's because the Zeon remnants are always numerically inferior, so they have to make up for it with better MS. That raises the bar for acceptable performance, and then the GM II or the GM III at the time which were sorta only borderline passable is suddenly obsolete. And then the Federation is forced to upgrade again, but it keeps fucking happening to them and they end up with last war's upgrade fighting the current war which it's unsuitable for again.

>>16598189
The Jegan didn't totally replace the GM III until later. It wasn't that bad an idea, considering that for once the Federation had the better grunt MS for a conflict they were forced to deal with.
>>
Didn't MS tech replace entire cockpit, frame, armor and generator designs throughout that time period? That would be like taking a Sherman and updating its innards and armor continuously to be modern for decades after WW2.
>>
File: m17_n17.jpg (48 KB, 500x317)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>16600919
For the GM, it's not quite so out there. If it's developed from the Gundam, it presumably has a static version of the core-block system cockpit, the cockpit module but with none of the parts to transform into the Core Fighter, so replacement shouldn't be all that hard. You'd only need to update that module and the OS, plus add the little external upgrades like splitting the skirt or updating the backpack.
>>
>>16600926
What about the frame? Zeta's plot around machines is around the new frames and building techniques obsoleting the old ones.
>>
>>16597093
At what point is it still the same GM?
How many parts have to be replaced and upgraded to say it's the same machine?
>>
>>16600931
If you're rebuilding it down to the frame, then there's no point retrofitting old ones in the first place. My BS explanation would be the new building techniques are used on GM IIs and IIIs built from scratch, but the handful of old GM units that were retrofitted had theirs left alone, so their performance wouldn't have been on-par with the new-builds, but they would still be able to contribute to the EFF/EFSF's total manpower.
>>
>>16600919
>That would be like taking a Sherman and updating its innards and armor continuously to be modern for decades after WW2.
So Super Shermans then. See also the Centurion and T-54, though very late war and immediately post war respectively, but still mid 40s tanks that are still soldiering on today with all sorts of upgrades.
>>
File: 1920px-Tifon2-SCQ.jpg (300 KB, 1920x836)
300 KB
300 KB JPG
>>16600919
>>16600969
People are STILL making new T-55 kitbashes today.
>>
>>16598067
Probably "Refurbished" or "Remodeled"

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.