[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

So say that The principlaity of Zeon existed in the real world and demanded independance, how much support would they ACTUALLY have? It’s always got me curious, given the Zeon are basically extremist rebel forces fighting a large controlling government.
>>
>>16670198
first, are they a first world or 3rd world?
also do they have oil?
>>
>>16670198
What's in it for the proletariat?
>>
>>16670198
Well they have giant mechs and space colonies while the rest of the real world today does not, so I think they'd be able to do whatever they like.
>>
>>16670198
Secession is treasonous.
>>
>>16670198
If Zeon existed in the real world who are they even declaring independence from?
>>
File: 1527881564616.jpg (111 KB, 600x800)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>16670198
Pretty sure modern militaries would get raped by spacenoids. M particles aside we have 0 means of attacking anything in space besides maybe throwing ICBMs.
>>
>>16670261
third world. isn't that how they've always been described in the series?
>>
File: agg 2.jpg (105 KB, 1200x848)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>16670261
There's no oil in space colonies, everything is nuclear and electric.
Sorry America.
>>
>>16670274
The Federation is illegal anyway.
>>
>>16670198
idk is it before or after they start a war that kills half of humanity?
>>
>>16670271
>and space colonies
they can brag about that when they paid for the damn things.
>>
>>16670271
>>16670282

so how can zeon exist with their sci-fi shit but the rest of the world can't?

that sounds too much of a plot hole since zeon can't afford to go to space in the first place.
>>
They would have had lots of support if they hadn't dropped a space station on people's heads.
>>
>>16672563
What if they used mass drivers like Giganos?
>>
>>16670261
No oil, but they have tons of gold.
>>
>>16670274

Stay mad Britfag. :3
>>
>>16670198

Before the war they'd probably have had fairly wide spread support since they had a sympathetic cause (independence) and could easily paint themselves the underdog compared to the Federation since the Federation controlled every other Side and Earth. Once you declare war though you tend to lose a lot of support, especially when you do so with extremist actions. Germany in WWII being a fairly good example. Before the invasion of Poland they had quite a bit of sympathy and a lot of people in the UK, France and the US empathized with them since Germany were touting their actions as being justified by the unfairness of the Treaty of Versailles. Appeasement sentiments were fairly widespread too. Once they invaded Poland though, a lot of that disappeared. Not all, but a lot of it. And an invasion and annexion of one other country isn't nearly as extreme as gassing a colony (another country essentially) and then using that colony as a weapon against your enemies. That action would lose Zeon A LOT of support more than likely.

I'd say they'd have had enough support in the colonies to build an alliance of Sides as well though realistically, since they had a fairly common cause in distant rule by the Federation, were specifically constructed to be self sufficient and independence has some fairly obvious economic benefits. So Zeon not have any support in the Sides and deciding to attack them all is kind of weird, since they really should have had more support and not had to be nearly as extreme in the start of the war.

>>16670288

No? Third world originally just meant not allied with the Allies so they're definitely not that and the modern meaning is extreme poverty and social problems; which doesn't describe Zeon either. Shit, it describes Hong Kong better than Side 3 in UC. I've no idea where you think they're described as third world.

>>16670291

America is becoming more interested in fracking and natural gas than oil anyway.

>>16670298

In what way?
>>
>>16672289
bankers
>>
>>16676410
>In what way?
The LaPlace incident. They changed the constitution equivalent to subjugate the Colonies which led to the OYW and all that followed.
>>
>>16676933

They only change they made to the charter was one to do with Newtypes, not Spacenoids and the One Year War had nothing to do with Newtypes. They were in it, but it wasn't being fought in their name; publicly or privately. Gihren sold the war on Spacenoid independence, not Newtype rights. More than that, changing the constitution doesn't actually make them illegal; just corrupt. The Federation was going to exist regardless of what the charter said; changing it just meant the public face of what they stood for was different.
>>
>>16670288
>>16676410
1st World = Capitalist bloc
2nd World = Commie bloc
3rd World = Everybody else/where we fund regime change
>>
File: 1469292292160.jpg (60 KB, 720x480)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>16676933
>LaPlace
>Meaning anything but a buzzword for another Zeon incursion

Have you ever watch the show?
>>
>>16676410
>No? Third world originally just meant not allied with the Allies so they're definitely not that and the modern meaning is extreme poverty and social problems; which doesn't describe Zeon either. Shit, it describes Hong Kong better than Side 3 in UC. I've no idea where you think they're described as third world.
I think he was making a Side-3 joke?
>>
>>16672649
Zeon did make mass drivers/rail guns in side-story Gundam games. But of-course the hero gundam of the manga stopped them just in time before they fired.

In another video game, Gihren's Greed, in an alternative what-fi scenario Zeon said, forget dropping colonies...let's reliable build rail guns and colony lasers first. So they built mass drivers/rail guns on the moon and shot asteroids at Federation HQ Jaburo and Federation defenses on Earth. This destroyed Federation factories and defenses before Zeon invaded. A really smart move imo.
>>
>>16670298
>>16676933

The so called "illegal" Federation was the last hope humanity have during the late UC era, when warring spacenoids nation are at each other throats for dominance over Earth Sphere. When one finally strong enough to challenge an ailing weakened and economically depressed Federation, they accept the challenge, despite being outmatched and out gunned the Feds held their ground even when its clear that they will lose this war they continue to fight not bowing to a religious zealot who hell bent on extinguish all life on Earth. They continue to hold the line and fight on till the last man spacenoid scum
>>
File: Zeon_Flag_(WS).png (133 KB, 1400x768)
133 KB
133 KB PNG
>w-why won't the mean old Earthnoids let us do our own thing?

Gee, I wonder
>>
>>16676410
>modern meaning is extreme poverty and social problems
Then calling a country a "third-world shithole" is redundant. Therefore, you must be mistaken.
>>
>>16682933

Are you absolutely certain about that? I don't think you realize some of the basic essentials of human nature and language if you think that's true. It shouldn't be any unexpected surprise that people use redundant language all the time. Of course, you could tell me what it means if you think it means something different, but the final result of any research will presumably come to an almost identical solution.
>>
hitler got elected, stalin was able to come to power in russia, trump hacked the results and put himself in power, i dont see why zeon wouldnt be able to exist at this point
>>
File: Operation British.jpg (302 KB, 1920x1080)
302 KB
302 KB JPG
>>16685318

Well, the 45 odd pic related, costing something like the worlds GDP over a 10 year period...each. Oh yeah, its not 2550 AD, and don't get started on that damn reactor bullshit either.
>>
>>16674134
Yeah, but both parties know if the Spacenoids flood the market with gold, its price will plummet.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.