[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

http://news.denfaminicogamer.jp/interview/180710

“We want to turn gundam into an e-sport and Build Divers and Gundam Breaker are to prep people for it”

“AGE did nothing wrong”

“Foreigners hate universal century gundam and love build fighters, look at the events we held in America”

“Also SD Gundam fans are crazy losers that nobody likes”
>>
>>16675170
“Rommel was made to appeal to women”

“Our PR person is a woman and she says we should make a 1/1 stuffed Rommel”
>>
>>16675170
Gacha and E-sports. These two words make me shit my undies.
>>
>>16675170
Is AGE the only one with the spinning animation for beams?
>>
>>16675173
> we should make a 1/1 stuffed Rommel
I'm a guy and I agree.
>>
>>16675170
>“Also SD Gundam fans are crazy losers that nobody likes”

The SD fans are super butthurt over this by the way, seatch for SD世代 on twitter.
>>
Are those real quotes from that site? You guys are blowing my mind right now.
>>
File: smug.jpg (95 KB, 960x720)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>16675170
They're not wrong.
>>
>>16676191

I couldn't find anything like that about AGE at least. There was a good bit of discussion about AGE and how it was a difficult production but influenced the inception of Build Fighters; nowhere could I see anyone saying "AGE did nothing wrong" or anything akin to it about how AGE was a good show that the audience just ignored.
>>
>>16675170
>“AGE did nothing wrong”

>“Foreigners hate universal century gundam and love build fighters, look at the events we held in America”

Every statement here is 100% accurate.
>>
>>16675170

Good. If they think their kits take any required amount of work they are dead wrong.
>>
>>16675173
>>16676157
Ditto, I want one as well.
>>
>>16675170
I wish major funding was put into trying to animated plastic models with magic particles so people can bash them against each other
>>
Prep the build fighter
>>
>>16675170
We need to send all the death threats to Bandai's main office.
>>
>>16675170
>Foreigners hate universal century gundam
WHAT?
>>
>>16676516
Most non-Gundam fans I speak to IRL love either 8th MS Team or Wing. UC is def something Americans would enjoy.
>>
>>16675170
>gundam esport
how?
>>
>>16676222
They drone on for multiple paragraphs on how Age was totally right to make a game-centric series and how great it was and Hino's plans were flawless.
>>
>>16676274
But anon, the models are so barebones out of box that it takes loads of work to make it look anything but godawful.
>>
>>16676604
They literally don't know but say that technology will catch up eventually so they can make something like Gunpla Battle so they're using the shows and games to get people hyped for it first so that when it eventually happens they'll go "it's what we've been waiting for all this time"
>>
>>16676516
My same reaction. UC Gundam, bar few exceptions, is what I mostly enjoy.
>>
>>16676614
They could just make a decent competitive vidya instead of waiting decades for Plavsky technology that probably won't be nearly as effective in real life.
>>
>>16675170
Disregarding e-sport shit, imagine if you could buy a kit and scan the parts in, then kitbash it in game.
>>
>>16676688
Where's the money in that

Just have gacha

Parts are
Common: Cannot change part colour
Uncommon: Can change colour for entire part only
Rare: Can apply two colours to part
Super rare: Three colours
Ultra rare: Four colours

Colours you can use are also obtained from gacha

You can also get unique patterns and decals from gacha

Your pilot avatar can be switched to a Gundam series character, fully voiced, obtained through gacha. There are regular events with characters in special costumes (swimsuits for summer, etc.)

IT PRINTS MONEY!
>>
>>16676721
>Where's the money in that
I dunno, 5,000 JPY a pop to scan in your gunpla that you have a personal connection to because it's real.
>>
>>16676725
>5,000 for a full gunpla

>when people will drop 50,000 trying to get lacus in a swimsuit
>>
File: 1488719063317.jpg (99 KB, 288x402)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>16675170
>の世界感は、「ガンダムらしさ」と「ガンダムらしくなさ」が融合し、多くのファンの心を掴んだ
>"Announcing 「Crossbone Gundam」: Battle Royale!"
Wow OP you missed the juiciest part.
>>
>>16676742
I hate Battle Royale games, but maybe this will deserve a look into just because Gundam.
>>
>>16676608
Wasn't the Age game system a kusoge? The dedicated statues certainly left me with that impression.
>>
>>16676725
>>16676734
>not having both
>>
>>16676805
I thought people enjoyed the game more than the anime.
>>
>>16676516
I imagine they came to that conclusion based off their profits charts.
>>
File: 1529780479804.png (362 KB, 500x683)
362 KB
362 KB PNG
>>16676852
I wonder why.
>>
>>16676195
Are they not?
SD fans have such a small fucking presense outside of Japan, despite the kits selling in some other parts of the world. I feel like there's barely enough of a following to form a decisive pattern of behavior. The SD drama in divers was the most I heard people talk about SD Gundam on /m/ ever, even compared to when BBW was still current.
>>
>>16676611
This is genuinely true. Compared a stock photo of a HGUC kit to any SD kit with ornate designs on the armor. A lot more goes into making it look like those SD kits look appealing. They often have to be completely painted up, since so few of the stickers actually do their job well.
>>
>>16675170
>MMOshit/E-shit/Gachashit
lol no
I'd rather play GPD than GBNshit because the servers are sure to be infested with fucking flips thus, ruining the safe space of every one of them, flooding each server with Barbieshit, Strike Freedumb and Pooptray.
>>
>>16676648
same
>>
>>16676852
Didn't Unicorn do well over here though? I know the kits do well.
>>
As long as they still shit out an English version for the seamonkeys, I don't care.
>>
>>16676734
>>when people will drop 50,000 trying to get lacus in a swimsuit
how skimpy is the swimsuit
>>
>>16676894
>implying there's only one
0.0003% chance to get the micro bikini
>>
>UCfags seething
Toonami only aired three UC Gundam series: 08th MS, 0079 (which was cancelled), and 0083 (which only aired on ye olde late night Toonami). On crunchyroll the only UC series is Unicorn which is carried by previous movies and series that most burgers have never seen. I'd also point to the gundaminfo youtube channel which only offers one UC series - remastered Zeta. Face it weebs, UC is ded in burgerland
>>
>>16676909
>implying I'm a yank
>>
>>16676516
really hard to believe that foreigners dont give a shit about horrible animation from the 70s/80s, which is basically most of UC. unicorn and thunderbolt werent classic tv shows either, so another reason for foreigners to not care.
>>
>>16675170
http://www.frontlinejp.net/2018/07/11/gundam-as-an-e-sport-interview-with-gundam-breaker-and-gundam-anime-series-producers-1-2/
>>
>>16676920
If you're not then you don't matter, Mohamed
>>
>>16676909
I didn't rely on Toonami for my UC fix though. I didn't even have cable to begin with. Everything was imported, pirated, and rebought when I actually had cash.

Of course, I won't pretend that's a majority circumstance but I do find it weird how dependent some /m/ fans were on TV when most of my collection was formed with connections before major Internet selling was a thing.
>>
>>16676608
Its just the director like the game-y set up and it helped when developing Build Fighters.

Of course he is also the director of AGE. Maybe, he just don't want to admit his work is a shit.
>>
>>16676812
You're thinking of the PSP game, which was received well enough. The AGE game system he mentioned is the arcade game, which used a combination of cards issued from Bandai vending machines and chip with Advanced Grade models.
>>
>>16676608

Even if he said that it still wouldn't be synonymous with "AGE did nothing wrong". In reality all he says though is that he thought the initial plans for AGE, especially the game like elements were great and that those elements influenced the setting and designs of Build Fighters.

>>16676721

Do people really gamble on random boxes just for color changes? Jesus.
>>
>>16676928
>Ogawa says that the biggest response, however, was overseas; While many fans in Japan like the “Universal Century” Gundam series, its long history made it hard for it to spread overseas, but Build Fighters can be enjoyed without the viewer knowing about the history of Gundam, and by having Gunpla, and not Gundams as the focus, Gunpla sold better overseas as well. He mentions how many people brought their own model kits when they held a Build Fighters event in America, and that he was happy with how Build Fighters became a gateway to Gundam and Gunpla for people overseas. Usui adds that many fans overseas say that Build Fighters is their favourite series, and says that he thinks that without the Build series not many people would have made customisations like combining GMs with Zakus, and that it making this more common is amazing. Ogawa says that this is because doing that in other series would require them adding reasoning behind it, which would have been criticized by fans, and that having it as a hobby like in the Build series allows them to bypass this, which is a huge merit.

UCfags blown the FUCK out
>>
>>16677028
the chad japanese UC fan and the virgin american buildbaby
>>
File: 1528485359945.webm (359 KB, 1280x720)
359 KB
359 KB WEBM
>>16675170
>“Foreigners hate universal century gundam and love build fighters, look at the events we held in America”

Webm related
>>
>>16677028
It really isnt that big a surprise. Unless you're a random outlier or part of the comparatively miniscule group of giant Gundam turbonerds, the majority and most important parts of UC Gundam aren't going to appeal to most foreigners, whereas Build Fighters is a much more accessable way for more casual fans to get into Gunpla building.
>>
>>16675170
What would a hypothetical irl gunpla battle be like? Would it just be a better Breaker 3 but just 1v1 pvps?
>>
>>16676742
>の世界感は、「ガンダムらしさ」と「ガンダムらしくなさ」が融合し、多くのファンの心を掴んだ

It does not say that in the least.
>>
>>16677208

>>16676928
>>
Arc System Works' Gundam Battle Assault 4 when?
>>
>>16676909>>16675170

MFW i'm from the uk and a zeekfag

i have the neo zeon flag
>>
>>16675170
Too bad GUNDAM VERSUS IS WORSE THAN THE ARCADE GAMES AND BREAKER NEW IS HOT TRASH.
MAKE GOOD GAMES IF YOU WANT TO ENTER THE ESPORTS SCENE.
>>
>>16675173
I would buy one immediately. Even knowing the guy playing Rommel in universe is probably some old dude.
>>
>>16677795
Seriously, he's really getting ahead of himself. Even the single player stuff on home consoles today isn't up to snuff. One step at a time. Try making an actual good multiplayer experience before you worry about some far future VR shit.
>>
>>16677002
>Do people really gamble on random boxes just for color changes?
What is Destiny 2
>>
File: WhatAmIReading.jpg (68 KB, 526x300)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>16675170
>Foreigners hate universal century gundam
nigga what
>>
>>16677812
Did you even read the article? They toned down the VR shit in Divers so they can make an MMORPG in 5 years and call it gunpla battle.
>>
>>16677829
They didn't tone down the VR shit in Divers at all. They literally added VR chat rooms and lobbies.
>>
>>16677828
It is an exageration of the article. Talked more about how UC's long nature makes it hard for foreigners to get into compared to smaller self-contained stories.
>>
>>16677825

Is that what happens in Destiny 2? I've never played it, but that sounds fucking horrendous.
>>
>>16676909
>which only aired on ye olde late night Toonami

No, 0083 aired on ye olde school adult swim back when it was exclusively a Saturday/Sunday night only block. which is also the only time adult swim hasn't been shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1UwqzAUwSs
>>
>>16678220
08th MS Team and War in Pocket also did at least one run on the midnight run block as well.
>>
>>16678065
Yes. Shaders for armor pieces come in packs, the more exotic of which can only be found in Bright Engrams (read:Loot Boxes). So unless you don't mind hoping for the one you want to pop out of the free Engram you get every time you level up, you'll have to buy them.

Oh, and shaders can only be used once, so you'll need four of them to recolor an entire armor set (head, torso, arms and legs).

Oh, and shaders only come in packs of three, so if you want to paint an entire set you'll need two packs of the same color at minimum.
>>
>>16678220
there was also a promo for 0083 and some other animevillage dot com releases that aired in Monkey Magic (cheap anime, not the toku with the UK dub) during its Saturday Morning run
>>
File: YO ZABI MAN.gif (25 KB, 500x398)
25 KB
25 KB GIF
>>16678220
>The only time Adult Swim hasn't been shit
Get out of my freakin' pool now you goddamn weaboo
>>
>>16676909
UC is he most popular Gundam stuff in my county and we only ever got Wing and SEED.
>>
>>16678488
Don't matter P-Bandai for you
>>
>>16678453

I know right? Modern [as] is pure kino, let no one tell you otherwise.

wubba lubba dub dub!!
>>
File: 1399730966011.jpg (54 KB, 541x574)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>mfw GBN becomes a real thing

You all just know it'll be nothing like what it's like in Build Divers

>Rather than put in any effort whatsoever, rich kids with enough money will simply commission professional builders to build their Gunpla
>The meta will be dominated by Trans-Am spam and GN Particle bullshit
>Online communities as a whole will be very newbie unfriendly and will be exclusionary as hell
>Any kits that those with less disposable income build themselves will be o.o.b. straight builds with minimal effort put in at best, and monstrosities like the Nub Destiny at worst.
>Moderation will be shit/non-existent
>Third party account/currency selling will run rampant, with bots EVERYWHERE.
>>
>>16676909
Doesn't gundaminfo cycle what full series are uploaded?
>>
>>16677848
Yeah it's more like they swapped Augmented Reality for Virtual Reality. Instead of magic particles making your gunpla literally come to life they went for VRchat with amiibos/that new space fighter switch game
>>
>>16677787
Disgusting. Fellow britbong, Feddies for life
>>
>>16681643
>The meta will be dominated by Trans-Am spam and GN Particle bullshit
This is the main problem with all these game tournament anime. They always preach self expression and creativity and the heart of the cards and the cast is always a bunch of quirky themed gimmick players with their favorite deck type/build that represents them having fun with no duplicates anywhere on earth. In real life people would figure out an optimal build in like a month after release and buying any other kit will just be a flat out handicap.
>>
>>16675170
>Foreigners hate universal century gundam and love build fighters, look at the events we held in America
Well they're not wrong. I'm so fucking sick of UC content, especially since it's all ZEON REVENGE
>>
>>16681643
>Rather than put in any effort whatsoever, rich kids with enough money will simply commission professional builders to build their Gunpla
You do realize this has been a thing in Warhammer 40k for decades, and it's never caught on despite the explosive growth of the franchise and community right?
>>
>>16681702

It wouldn't be a problem if they leaned in to the "fuck winning, we're having fun" mindset with the protagonists and showed the kind of minmaxing, metagamer who will pick an optimal build based on stats as a neebish no-fun prick while the protagonists just do what they want and fail but have fun doing it regardless. The SEED girls and SD club kids are severly unlikely to be world class players but they're also friends just fucking about and having fun who are unlikey to care about topping some kind of chart but they still had to have them constantly paranoid about their performance and it just sends mixed signals when the naturally talented little shit Riku is telling them they shouldn't be worried about winning but just have fun when he has world class players fawning all over him even when he fails and he rarely does so what the fuck does he know? Who is he to preach that really?
>>
>>16681723
That has not been a thing in warhammer 40k because warhammer unit stats aren't based on how well the models are put together. Paying someone to assemble your shit in tabletop games is just laziness/disinterest in that aspect of it. GBF setting says better built gunpla have straight up higher performance and even more abilities. Like a 00 gundam that was put together by an amateur won't be able to use Trans-AM
>>
>we want to turn the breaker series, a series about grinding, button mashing and overpowering attacks to ridiculous levels into an esport
>and not the VS series, a series of games that has been a balanced, competitive arena fighter from the getgo
>>
>>16675170
I would play the fuck out of a gundam esport
>>
>>16681787
>Push this game we have that has little side tourney's in EVO and insane arcade presence for E-Sports?
>Let's butcher the fuck out of it for Western audiciences and then push the DynastyWarriors with customization one for E-Sports instead

Pure autism
>>
>>16678047
Americans binge watch 20 seasons of whatever shows are on netflix. UC really shouldn't be too hard to follow.
>>
>>16676909
didnt zeta run on toonami at one point??
>>
>>16675170

Something looks..Off about the kid and his dad in this. Like "somebody call Chris Hansen" levels of off.
>>
>>16676687
That sounds like it might cost money, time, and effort.
>>
>>16681611
DAVID
DUKE

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.