[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 69 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

4chan Virtual YouTuber Contest - Submit Designs Here

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

File: Lancelot&Guren.jpg (242 KB, 920x651)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
New Lancelot & Guren finally out
>>
>>16818786
Man it's been so many years I just don't give a shit about this franchise anymore
>>
>>16818786
Only Burais, huh? Guess we'll probably have to wait until next month to see if Benio is getting a custom. It says its another Side Kallen at least.

I'll still post pics of this month's Hobby Japan when I get it tomorrow. But I'll put in an order for next month's now.
>>
>>16818786
Do they intentionally cut off part of Lancelot's backpack?
>>
File: main.jpg (269 KB, 1080x763)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
>>16818813
They seem to draw a cutoff at the black line through the middle, which is why the Guren also gets part of its legs cut off in the logo
>>
No one cares about side story trash.
>>
>>16818928
I care
>>
>>16818925
>That as
>Those legs
I thought C.C. was the ass, but looks like Kallen has more than breasts going for her
>>
>>16818786
So what's the brown girl's name? Anyway is it just me of Kallen feels a bit colder in this manga.
>>
>>16819040
Still waiting on translations to learn her name
And how so does Kallen feel colder?
>>
>>16819040
>So what's the brown girl's name?
Don't hold me to this, but with my phone's translator, I think I got "Kakari Savitri"
>>
>>16819204
If that is her name, I'm going with "Kakali"

I can't be sure since I'm not to familiar with Indian names, but a quick Google search shows Kakali might be an Indian name but not so with Kakari. Personally, Kakari has a Japanese ring to it to me.
>>
>>16819204
>>16819556
I think Kakari is right. The 加苅 is written in kanji and is a japanese surname, she's probably mixed blood.
>>
>>16819689
So then is her other name not in kanji? We'll have to wait and see if they mention that then.

Still could be a case of R and L being interchangeable in Japanese.
>>
>>16819729
Yeah 'Savitri' is written in katakana. It's the same with how Suzaku or Kallen's full name is written, begin with surname in kanji then given name in kana, though I don't know if it's anime thing or CG thing because normally you just write everything in kanji if you're jap, while full foreign name like Lelouch Lamperouge is written in full kana. Also just realize there's furigana written besides her kanji name and it said "Kagari". I'll go with that, because if it's foreign sounding name like Kagalli I think then they would've written it in kana.
>>
>>16819174
>And how so does Kallen feel colder?
She just seems more composed, and isn't wearing her emotions on her sleeve nearly as much. Maybe because she's in older sister mode here, compare to her interaction with other characters in the series. Like when she's with Lelouch or CC she's always the one who got teased and lost her composure.
>>
>>16819985
I see. Yeah, thats something I wouldn't be able to pick up since I'm not too knowledgeable about Japanese myself. I rely heavily on machines for this stuff when I do it myself.

Interesting you you bring up that name, as you got me checking, and the kana next to the second kanji you pointed out appear to be the exact same used for Gundam Seed's Cagalli's name in Japanese, so Kagari or Kagalli might indeed be the intended name. Might be too early. The kana next to the first kanji is close but off a little.
I'm thinking of going with Kagalli over Kagari for now based on that. Because given that the author of L&G is the same one writing Fragments of the Mosaic, and the second story had 6 characters all with surnames named after Gundam characters, the similarity to Cagalli might be intentional on his part.

We'll have to wait to see if there is some significance to kanji being used for the first name for now like the possibility that she is indeed half-Japanese.
>>
>>16820065
Yeah, that probably is it. Rather than people who enjoy to poke at her or get under her skin like Lelouch and C.C., shes dealing with Benio who has blatant hero worship of her and Kagalli who definitely appears to like and respect her, she gets to show a different side to her, much like when she was interacting with Nunnally in prison.
>>
>>16820091
>We'll have to wait to see if there is some significance to kanji being used for the first name for now like the possibility that she is indeed half-Japanese.
That's fair. Regardless of whether she's mixed or not, I just want to point out one last thing for further consideration, that Cagalli in japanese is indeed written in katakana カガリ as it is a foreign name, while the furigana for 加苅 is in hiragana かがり. It's not like you can't read R as L even if it's written in hiragana, but it's just unusual. Because katakana is mostly used to write foreign/borrowed words and those words contain L, while hiragana is mostly used as a simple way to write native words and jap native words never contain L.
>>
>>16820201
Definitely interesting stuff to consider. Code Geass is definitely an interesting case in that regard, as its something with both Japanese and non-Japanese names among the cast. Especially since we have 3 other Indian characters, Rakshata, Ganabati and Neha, and none of them use kanji in their names like this new character.
>>
>>16820107
Kind of wish they had included that in the show back in the day.
>>
>>16818786
https://mononoke-no-ko.tumblr.com/post/177579053879/trans-code-geass-gaiden-lancelot-guren

Translations out
>>
File: vibe.png (393 KB, 789x496)
393 KB
393 KB PNG
>>16820378
Eh, I prefer fiery Kallen more.
>>16820459
So that's what caused the delay? Mech fights? Also yuri vibe is strong.
>>
>>16820774
Well, you'd expect a person to have a range of emotions. Not fiery all the time.
>>
>>16818786
Meh. Give us new Alexanders.
>>
HJ arrived, though I only glanced through before heading to work. Only had the chapter pages and one for Resurrection, which doesn't have anything new.

I'll be posting pics when I get home, though it doesn't seem to be much.

I miss the Oz days when every chapter had a KMF page.
>>
>>16822056
sad you wasted your money

it's always better to wait for the compilation
>>
>>16822064
Ah, see, that's where you're wrong

I used a Miami points I had saved. I didn't spend anything on it.
>>
>>16822079
points are still currency
>>
>>16822079
*amiami
>>
>>16822082
Spacebucks are spacebucks.
>>
>>16819001
Kallen is the best girl.
>>
File: ronin akatsuki.jpg (2.42 MB, 2448x3264)
2.42 MB
2.42 MB JPG
Benio seems to be a melee fighter

hmmmmm
>>
Does anyone have a full batch of the Oz the Reflection chapters? I wanted to read through them.
>>
I wonder what will happen in this month's Re; chapter. It should be out by Thursday.
>>
>>16827084
Most likely another nothing.

Anyway I'm more curious about the purpose of this Lancelot & Guren manga. I thought it was to introduce new characters for R3, but since R3 turns out to be a movie I doubt they will feature there that much if at all. If this manga actually focus on Suzak and Kallen then somewhat I'd understand, but what's the point of making spinoff about new irrelevant characters that no one cares about? Same with the LN too.
>>
>>16827823
Well, we'll have to wait and see what the futre of the Code Geass franchise holds after Resurrection, but to me it seems clear that they want to build up the world of Code Geass for more series.
>>
>>16828093
It's almost like Bandai realized they can milk TWO popular mecha franchises instead of one.
>>
>>16829992
As a mecha franchise I don't know what Geass can do that Gundam can't though. I mean Macross, Mazinger, Fafner, and Gundam are pretty distinct in what they offer from world-building, main conflict, themes, etc.
>>
>>16830092
>As a mecha franchise I don't know what Geass can do that Gundam can't though
Supernatural stuff like magic?
>>
>>16830104
Element like that can be inserted in one of its AU just like they insert alien in 00. Heck Geass could've been one of Gundam AU if not for the lack of mecha autism and worshipping by the protagonists.
>>
>>16830112
Geass WAS designed that way.

The magic was essentially a last-minute addition, as was the protagonists getting their traits reversed.
>>
>>16830207
Gundam is also a more hard realism Space Opera, it's grounded but still a damn Space Opera.

Geass on the other hand is more like someone took the Arthurian Legends, put them on crack, and inserted 4 meter tall Mecha instead of horses and suits of armor before dumping extra shit into it.
>>
>>16830207
>>16832440
>hard realism Space Opera
Which G Gundam and the Build series are not. My point was Gundam can be anything anyway so I don't see the necessity of Geass being developed as a franchise. If there's any restriction that Gundam has while Geass doesn't it's probably on how integral the mecha element to the plot is and the relationship between MC and the mecha.
>>
>>16833319
G and the Build series are more outliers than the rule. Most Gundam series follow more similarities.

Meanwhile, Code Geass has made Geass an integral part of its universe, and they could easily expand with other magical or supernatural stuff.

For example, what if we eventually got a series or AU where we have mecha Knightmares fight against the human Knightmares of Renya of Darkness?
>>
>>16834240
I wonder if the Geass-related armor Knightmares from Renya are in any way inspired by Suzaku of the Counterattack and the Lancelot being a powersuit in that.
>>
so where can i read the manga that doesnt have shitty translations?
>>
>>16835478
Nowhere. The only person translating is the one on the tumblr. Its all we have for now.
>>
Apparently the new Fragments chapter mentions a new Knightmare Frame, the Brighton or something, I think.
>>
>>16838327
-Britannian test KMF
-purple
-has float unit or other means of flying

it's fucking nothing
>>
>>16838327
>>16838415
It would matter more if these LN chapters had images.
>>
Say, I heard a new story segment for the Mosaic novel, it depicts a person from Area 20 named Aero having memories of Zero, "Man of Zero". Does someone have the full summary of this
>>
>>16840831
Yeah. I read it with Google translate.

Gist of it is, James Aero wakes up with memories that he is Zero. And they are indeed seemingly Lelouch's Zero memories, as he "remembers" people like Kallen and C.C. by name and appearance and things that Zero did. He is currently trying to "return" to Area 11but things are difficult because of travel to Area 11 is currently under restrictions.
>>
>>16830207
>>16832440
Even Gundam didn't add Newtypes as actual telepathic people until late into the original show. That sort of development happens more often than people think. Even Evangelion didn't turnout exactly like Anno and company initially intended.
>>
>>16833319
>>16834240
>>16830092

I think that's the entire point of Resurrection, other than the cash (but still related to it in the long run).

To try and see if they can kick open the doors in order to make Geass at least a secondary property that, while not surpassing Gundam, will fulfill certain market niches.
>>
>>16841724
Which means that how much of that movie is actually non-Gundam-like will be interesting.
>>
>>16841727
I think Renya already set the franchise apart from Gundam. Not that I think original CG is similar to Gundam beyond superficial level.
>>
Is the second season of Code Geass worth anything? I know it's meant to be a step down, but is it awful or just not as good as the first?
>>
>>16842008
Its awful. Takes 15 episodes to actually get anywhere and the twist and turns are incredibly retarded.
>>
File: 1356509499257.jpg (354 KB, 1280x960)
354 KB
354 KB JPG
If Guren and variational models based on it was designed by an Indian scientist named Rakshata, then it turns out that these knightmares are Indian development?

It seems that the Code Geass is the only universe where the Indians were able to implement something like that
>>
>>16841862
Yes, but Renya is both very marginal and basically a pre-mecha world. The movie might go somewhere, but it probably won't be like that manga either.
>>
>>16842008
R2 is very uneven. There are some good episodes and scenes at certain points, but a lot of time wasting and some bad parts.

I think it's probably better to watch the new Code Geass compilation movies when you get to the R2 era, if you haven't seen the show itself.
>>
>>16842757
India has a ton of population and resources. In this world, they were technically under the rule of the Chinese yet still apparently had their own government and probably took advantage of that position over the decades in order to accumulate power. It's not really explored in detail, just hinted.
>>
Think we'll get more Resurection news when the last compilation movie comes out later this month?
>>
Did anyone save the Oz the Reflection chapters? Could you post it?
>>
Re: is the most pointless shit ever, what a shame to waste Ogasarawa's talent on it...
>>
>>16844190
It's a good occasion but still a bit too far from release date.
>>
>>16845875
Honestly, I don't really get what the purpose is. Other than the second chapter with Suzaku in a Vincent, it doesn't really add anything new. Any of the interesting stuff it could have done is wasted on just covering stuff already done in the series.
>>
>>16848505
Yeah, so far Re; is the most pointless out of the three ongoing manga. Should've covered the missing two months period after final battle prior to ZR.
>>
>>16848505
geass gaiden stuff has been consistenly awful and not even getting update sites, they clearly don't give a fuck
>>
>>16845875
It is mostly a retelling so far, but then again the number of chapters is still small so far. I think even Ogasawara knows that is part of the process. I doubt the artist is complaining.
>>
>>16844190
Presumably.
>>16848642
Maybe it will. Only by the time they get to that period.
>>
>>16845875
>>16848505
Just like the recaps movies. Funny that this franchise has remained stagnant for 10 years after R2 ended
>>
>>16848642
Yeah, or even the first month of his reign like with Suzaku fighting in the Vincent. But I really am hoping for more, like maybe Lelouch and Marrybell doing stuff.

>>16848655
I like Lancelot & Guren so far.
>>
>>16848950
son, Re: and OZ O2 didn't cover anything that was mentioned but wasn't shown or was a substantial timeskip

you're getting flashback chapters and there's nothing you can do about it
>>
>>16848719
>Just like the recaps movies.
The point of recap movies are more for long term purpose I think.
>Funny that this franchise has remained stagnant for 10 years after R2 ended
Akito takes too much time.
>>
>>16848950
>Yeah, or even the first month of his reign like with Suzaku fighting in the Vincent. But I really am hoping for more, like maybe Lelouch and Marrybell doing stuff.
Marybell inclusion will be nice but I've stopped hoping for plot and already accepted that we will get nothing more than character trivia.
>>
File: DmlaIVXUwAAD2Pq.jpg (158 KB, 635x900)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>>16845875
>>16848709
Ogasawara draws this recently, and also dilligently shill every Re; release on twitter.
>>
File: Dmsz5OqUYAAFEcz.jpg (572 KB, 2048x1152)
572 KB
572 KB JPG
It seems there's another game project on the way.
>>
>>16850059
I wouldn't expect much from this, but I'd be happy to be wrong
>>
File: 1528147294834.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>it's a Kallen chapter
>>
>>16848719
Recap movies were for the express purpose of bringing in new interest and waking up old viewers in Japan, so if that is working out then they will be fine with the result.
>>
>>16850829
>Recap movies were for the express purpose of bringing in new interest and waking up old viewers in Japan
>Omit and change shit from the TV series and keeping a character alive to establish a new canon
>>
>>16848998
Re: is in its very early stages and only needs to cover episodes 21 to 25, so there will be many flashbacks but they have more than enough time to include new bits in there too.

OZ O2 was rushing through to get to the end and was already the second half of a manga, covering a much longer period of time.

Re: can afford to be like this in other words.
>>
>>16850059
I hope it's actually something for consoles (and/or PCs), not mobile gacha hell. But I am prepared to be disappointed.
>>
>>16850831
Recap movies, by definition, will always "omit and change shit" though, that's inevitable...besides, there's little difference (so far) resulting from that character's survival. The concept of "canon" is not applicable here.
>>
What day the 3rd movie come out this month again?
>>
>>16853162
Wed 9/26
>>
I'm rewatching CG, and I gotta say...so much of the story focuses on the interactions between Britannia, Japan, and (at least in R2) China. Akito the Exiled focuses attention on the EU as well. This makes sense, given that they're the primary movers and shakers...

But we should forget about India! I was looking up just where in the hell the rebel Black Knights were getting their KMFs after the Kyoto House's execution, and the wiki said "Militarized Zone of India." Which also made the Gun-Rus. And the Shen-Hu. And the Shinkiro, Ikaruga, AND the Guren (which Kyoto only gave to the BK--they didn't make it). Pretty much any KMF or big military thingamajig used by China and the BK was designed by Rakshata and manufactured by India. So, in a sense, Code Geass is a story about the opposing military-industrial complexes of Britannia and India.

I actually feel like we're missing out on a whole lot of the story! India is actually such a big player on the global scale, but we only ever see Rakshata's team onscreen. Who knows what complicated shit happened in the subcontinent (what are their motivations for supporting the BK? Who is Old Man Maharaja? Did they engage in any conflicts of their own?). Fanfic writers out there, pay attention.

What do you guys think? Personally, I felt that attributing all these fancy new KMFs to an offscreen India was a bit of a cop-out from a writer's standpoint (where'd they get the KMF? Uh...India?) especially since we barely see their influence over the course of the anime.
>>
>>16818786
Huh, they look basically the same as their season 1 incarnations?
>>
>>16854022
Well, seeing as Lancelot & Guren takes place between season 1 and is moving into R2, thats probably intentional for obvious reasons.
>>
>>16854016
I want to eat Anya's cunny
>>
>>16854016
I believe they might have briefly referenced slightly more of India in the Oz photo novels, at least when they talked about the Guren Mk. 1

If the show had 100 episodes there should have been at least a visit to India during the China episodes or shortly afterwards, I imagine.
>>
File: 68513476_p2_master1200.jpg (263 KB, 1000x1083)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
I like Monica
>>
File: Geass224.jpg (629 KB, 1516x1366)
629 KB
629 KB JPG
>>16855556

>tfw two out of the three hottest girls in the original series were cannon fodder

At least #1 is CC.
>>
Code Geass is a prime example of a series that didn't need any kind of continuation whatsoever. Lelouch is the heart and soul of Code Geass, and Code Geass without Lelouch is only using the name and setting. Lelouch's story was concluded, and with it, Code Geass.

That's why they're having such a hard time figuring out how to milk the franchise. How do you milk a story that's over?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWJmVAQJK58
>>
>>16854168
Chuckle's sloppy second.
>>
>>16855591
Eh not really. Akito, Oz, even Renya are solid on their own. Might not be as fun as the original because the lack of Lelouch but not many shows out there is as fun anyway. Lelouch after all is just one character in a vast and dynamic CG verse so there's plenty of room to develop. It's fans' mistake for expecting everything to be like the original when it doesn't need to be.
>>
File: 34838393.jpg (105 KB, 1024x576)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>16855359
>I believe they might have briefly referenced slightly more of India in the Oz photo novels

Well, one of the picture dramas was the episode with the Indian(?) dancers... But to be honest this is clearly not enough
>>
>>16855819
Oz and Renya was terrible but not because Lelouch wasn't present (R2 is just as bad with him) but they felt incredibly uninspired and compact by trying to stay loyal to the setting than doing something different. Though I suppose Renya can be applied as being "different" but at the same time didn't have the same engaging setting and characters that made Geass such a phenomenon to begin with . I do agree its silly to think that Lelouch carried this franchise though as popular and memorable he was.
>>
>>16856105
People are just not interested in side stories that doesn't really add much to the main plot.
>>
>>16856105
Not doing anything different doesn't equal being terrible in my books. Renya and Oz do have interesting characters on paper however I admit that they didn't do anything interesting. This is the striking difference between Lelouch and other CG proragonists, Hangyaku was HIS story complete with dramatic character development each stage and he in turned moved the plot rather than got dragged around by it. Flaws and all it's a compelling character's journey. The same can't be said for other entries.
>>
File: qscvqvbM1rd2ks4o1_500.gif (1009 KB, 500x255)
1009 KB
1009 KB GIF
>>16855819
>Akito, Oz, even Renya are solid on their own.
>>
>>16856544
I liked Akito and Oz. Renya is too weird though. Feels like a whole different franchise.
>>
>>16856870
you can like whatever you want but every geass spinoff has been terrible and pointless
>>
>>16855591
Oh come on. That's nothing new in the history of fiction or media, anime and otherwise.

There's a lot of stories, including Gundam as a property and also as the original TV series, that didn't need any kind of continuation. And now we have too many Gundam stories for any reasonable person to count.

Regardless of whether Lelouch is present or not, there will be more Code Geass stories as long as people are still interested. When that's not the case, then Sunrise itself will forget about it.
>>
>>16855844
That's less Indian and more Arabic/Persian dance robes. As interpreted by and for anime, of course..
>>
>>16856105
I liked Oz well enough. Renya was just too weird and felt like something that should have run in Shonen Jump as a longer story. I do think they'll eventually get to make a Geass spin-off that really stands out from the pack, but this will dependo on both the staff and especially the circumstances.
>>
>>16856373
So far, that's more or less correct. However, doesn't mean it'll remain the case.
>>
>>16856870
I felt similarly. Don't mind balofo too much. He's OK but too set in his ways.
>>
>>16855584
Monica is cute but I am not really sure who else you're counting.
>>
File: Geass138.jpg (277 KB, 1280x720)
277 KB
277 KB JPG
>>16858099

Liliana. Infinitely better breast girl than the snarky bitch and her ugly hair

At least we have Leila now, though.
>>
File: x_b7df1797.jpg (45 KB, 484x480)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>16858088
>more Arabic/Persian dance robes
Wait a minute, but Muslims wrap their women in hijabs / burkas and other crap, but India is characterized by a certain eroticism of culture... And all the characters like "swarthy Caucasians", playing at least some role in the plot were Hindus
>>
>>16858225
Learn more on belly dance
>>
>code gay ass
>2018
Why do they even bother?
>>
This manga would've been much better if it actually focuses on Kallen, on how she first learned to ac8cept that Lelouch is Zero beyond some narration that "she regretted having abandoned him", how BK rebuild themselves after the fail of Black Rebellion, Kallen and CC interaction, them planning and strategizing on how to return Lelouch's memory, maybe some fail attempts or something, heck made Kallen initially in some kind of self doubt or turmoil during this period and her meeting Lelouch while he still lost his memory help her regain her motivation back... I dunno I feel like no one except for Taniguchi and Okouchi actually loves this franchise enough to expand and develop its characters in engaging and interesting manner.
>>
>>16855819
>Akito, Oz, even Renya are solid on their own
>Oz
>Renya
HOWLING
>>
I just finished watching the first season. I can't believe they didn't give it a fucking ending.

So everything else in this franchise is supposed to be trash, right?
>>
>>16858330
>I dunno I feel like no one except for Taniguchi and Okouchi actually loves this franchise enough to expand and develop its characters in engaging and interesting manner.
>wants the manga to focus on the most boring character in the franchise.
This is why you're not a writer anon
>>
>>16856373
>Not doing anything different doesn't equal being terrible in my books
Do you remember anything about Oz that isn't already in the TV series?
>>
>>16858528
nigger what? R2 is better than R1
>>
>>16858550
>the most boring character in the franchise.
I wasn't referring to Shitley.
>>
>>16858111
I didn't particularly care about Luciano's lackeys, but she's not bad looking. Not the best though.
>>
>>16858528
Not entirely, but much of it is. Honestly, I think you'd get the better parts of R2 if you watch recap movie 2 and movie 3 (should be out later this month).
>>
>>16858292
Same reason any other anime is made.
>>
File: 1522837484812.gif (987 KB, 229x176)
987 KB
987 KB GIF
>>16858330
>This manga would've been much better if it actually focuses on Kallen
>>
>>16858979
Shit is titled Lancelot and Guren ffs I very much prefer it to be about said mecha pilots rather than four literal whos. If that's the case we would've had more content to discuss too instead of talking about how shit and pointless it is while others said they like despite of how shit and pointless it is ad infinitum.
>>
>>16859110
I don't mind Kallen and Suzaku's new sidekicks. I think the issue I take is switching between the two Sides slows things down.

The new characters are a decent enough way to offer new viewpoints on Kallen and Suzaku. But having the two have to share their manga makes things drag.
>>
>>16858111
At least Marika's death has been retconned.
>>
>>16859440

I honestly don't really care.
>>
it seems the G&L site will go unupdated just like the OZ O2 HJ one, nice
>>
>>16859534
I think they're waiting for Benio's custom KMF to debut so they can add it and color pictures of Benio and Kagari like they did for Schnee and Ledo
>>
File: ad2c5d91e26d.jpg (67 KB, 640x360)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>16858235
Which I did ;)
>In 1926, the Lebanese actress and dancer Badia Masabni opened the Opera Casino nightclub in Cairo in the image and likeness of the European cabaret of the time. [2] It is believed that she created the belly dance in its classical form, combining European solo dance with Oriental flavor[3]. Badia Masabni introduced in the dance of serpentine hand movements. Pupils Badei Masabni became legendary stars of Oriental dance: Samia Gamal (Samia Gamal, Zeynab Ibrahim Mahfuz) and Tahiya karioka (Taheya Kariokka, Abla Mohammed Karim). The first began to perform belly dance in heels, and the second introduced elements of Latin American rhythms[4].

In General, this not Arabic, not belly and not dancing
>>
>>16859440
All of the lackeys were replaced with dudes
>>
File: DnBc5oVVAAAdbIn.jpg (206 KB, 1200x1200)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
Cover for tankoubon version
>>
>>16860694
Damn, I didn't realize Kallen had that kind of ass. C.C. BTFO
>>
>>16859285
I feel like an advantage L&G has over something like Oz is it won't have to accommodate a cliffhanger ending with a timeskip like Oz. I feel like Oz ended the way it did was to be like the original Lelouch of the Rebellion. And then moved into R2 territory, which wasn't bad content, but it rushed at the end because it probably had a set amount of chapters given to it to begin with.

Lancelot & Guren doesn't have to do that. It's in R2 time. So we know the timeframes it will cover.
>>
>>16861520
>which wasn't bad content

it's obvious O2 was cancelled midway, too many of its own plotlines went nowhere

also what a wasted opportunity to have the royal twins from the DS game as enemie for the OZ twins in the 1st half
>>
I'm sad, my Mook still hasn't shipped and no updates since August; which is weird.
>>
>>16861531
I don't know if Oz was canceled. Feels more like they were given a set amount of chapters and realized too late that they didn't have enough left.

Thing about Oz is, unlike most other spinoffs Sunrise cancels, Oz actually got to finish. Sunrise isn't above just ending manga with no conclusions. I can think of some for Gundams. Oz got to end. Libra got canceled with no resolution.

That said, we need more spinoffs. I want one of resistance groups in Europe. More non-canon characters like Castor and Pollux made canon. More non-Britannian and non-Japanese. KMFs. And even plenty of existing characters who could be expanded on or times when events could be added for them.
>>
>>16861562
Wasn't it delayed to the end of September?
>>
>>16861562
it was delayed until the end of September, no official date yet
>>
>>16861567
O2 was obviously cancelled: all the dropped plotlines, the postponed then rushed compilations, the lower chapter count, the HJ site that didn't update for more than a year, etc

when you you say we need more spinoffs, I read that as we need more shit

the gundam franchise would be much better without all the shit from Gundam Ace
>>
I want to penetrate CC's shithole
>>
File: DnBc5oVVAAAdbIn.jpg:orig.jpg (1.22 MB, 3024x3024)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
>>16860694
>>
>>16861636
>>16860694
They usually take down the online chapters when they release the printed ver so whoever interested to collect the raws for future purposes, save them while you can.
>>
>>16861562
Hey Scanbro, I remember you said you saved all the Oz chapters off the website. Could you post the whole thing?
>>
File: 1446001143520.jpg (820 KB, 2560x1600)
820 KB
820 KB JPG
I love Kallen
>>
File: Oldrin_render.png (461 KB, 466x472)
461 KB
461 KB PNG
>>
>>16865096
Stop trying so hard to keep this thread alive you pathetic faggot
>>
>>16860309
Yeah but no, learn more about Raqs Sharqi which is oriental dance which is the base of belly dancing; It came from Egypt and it's arabic, because one dancer was inspired by it and added tones of other dances doesn't mean she invented that, belly movement are one of the basic for oriental danse, hence why belly dance is considered oriental. Now if you confuse islamic culture with arabic culture I get why you are lost.
>>
>>16865096
I want to bury my face in her crotch
>>
>>16862594
I WANT MILKY
>>
>>16850059
S O C I A L G A M E

I knew this was gonna be a disappointment
>>
>>16865989
Not surprising, but I want to see what exactly they're doing.
>>
>>16866330
I don't expect much. Wasn't Maelstrom of Libra a Social Game too? And we all know how that ended up.
>>
>>16867937
I can only assume so, but the term can be used rather loosely.

For example, I don't remember them announcing that with so much fanfare back in the day, so at least on paper they want this to be a bigger deal even if it's still mobile-based.
>>
>>16867986
Well, that might be true, since it will be at TGS, but I don't expect any form of localization.
>>
>>16869288
Perhaps if it does really well in Japan they'll consider bringing it over after a while, but I agree it's not very likely
>>
>>16869866
I don't see it happening, sadly

What a waste. Code Geass has plenty of potential for games, and of all things, we just get a social game.
>>
>>16871594
They are going to make more games than just this one, you know, if the Code Geass movie makes enough money.
>>
>Read the newest Fragments chapter
>James and Della are seeing movies together
>First movie sounds generic
>Then they see 2001: A Space Odyssey and its mentioned humans have been to the moon
>Then they see a movie that mentions Nazis and the treatment of Jews in Germany
>Then James makes a reference to Stalin's famous "One death is a tragedy" quote

Does the author of this not think things through? Like, space travel is one thing, despite Akito kind of implying its not really a public thing, but making a reference to a WWII movie and mentioning the Nazis by name?

I mean, lets be real, theres almost no way that WWII let alone the first WW could even happen the way it did in real life in the Code Geass world.
>>
>>16872528
What happen to the story involving that Aero person who had memories of Zero though?
>>
>>16873231
It was revealed at the end when James got his memories back was that he a Britannian soldier who was given the memories of Zero by Charles.

Originally, when he was young, he wanted to become an actor, which is why he felt drawn to movies. But his father didn't approve, so he joined the military. He served as a pilot until being summoned before the Emperor and having his memory altered.

The plan was to use him to find C.C., and the head of the Brighton development was under orders from Bismarck Waldstein to let him steal the Brighton to get back to Area 11 so they could use him to track down C.C.

Della, the test pilot, wasn't in on the plan, and shot him down when James started to feel hesitation with fighting and let himself be shot down. Della and James seemed to be falling in love as then went on dates to see movies together. Della and James were unaware that they fought one another, so she has no idea that James is dead when she heads to their planned meeting place at the end of the chapter.
>>
>>16872528
I guess like with other Sunrise mecha anime spin-off material anything that contradicts the animated series and/or movies will be treated as tertiary and forgotten.
>>
Did anyone read the latest GMG? Taniguchi said something along the line that he's going to take the identity of the cart driver to his grave lol.
>>
>>16874466
Post scans
>>
>>16861664

Yeah, I got them all. I'll do it over the weekend.
>>
Kallen still packing the butt I see.
>>
File: hcJnlyT.png (1.45 MB, 1920x1080)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB PNG
BAD NEWS!

the upcoming mecha mook has been renamed to be a guide for the 3 movies

hype is dead, bros
>>
>>16875698

Doesn't that mean it'll still include mecha information from the movies though?
>>
>>16874466
I wonder if he's joking or trolling, since either way Lelouch is going to appear in the new movie (or at least he's made think that).
>>
>>16875698
I'll remain cautiously optimistic until its out
>>
>>16875698

WHAT!?

Tell me you’re joking; I pre-order that Mook....
>>
>>16876081
New movie is continuation of recap movies and not series, so series ending is left as it was.
>>
>>16877662
The distinction seems purely academic at this point. But well see if it grows into something more tangible next y ear.
>>
>Why is Guren's cockpit seat different from Britannia`s knightmare frames?

The common thread here, is that all of these Knightmare frames were designed in India or derived from a frame that was. So, based on that, one can logically assume that the 'Motorcycle seat' cockpit is simply how Indian designers build their cockpits.

Now to move away from factual, and provide a possible tactical reason for this change...if you look at the positioning of the cockpit of Britannian-designed Knightmares...

enter image description here

the 'base' of the cockpit is situated at the frame's center of mass, and actually protrudes through the chassis of the Knightmare. Most soldiers, when being trained, are taught to aim for center of mass when firing at an enemy. Effectively, this means that when firing at a Knightmare Frame, you are firing directly at the cockpit.

With the 'Motorcycle' design...

enter image description here

the entire cockpit is perched on the shoulders of the Knightmare, and situated to peek over its head. This moves the base of the cockpit somewhat away from the point that is most commonly fired upon, and actually puts the full mass of the Knightmare in between the pilot and whoever is shooting at them, improving the chances of a successful ejection.

The downside to positioning the cockpit this way is that with a Brittanian-style cockpit, everything could be spread out, because the frame sticks through the chassis of the frame. In order to perch the cockpit on the Knightmare's shoulders, and still maintain a low enough profile to not make the frame unwieldy, you need to compact the cockpit. The easiest thing to cut down on is 'space for the pilot.' So you have them hunched forward in a motorcycle-position so you can have them basically laying on top of systems that used to be mounted into the walls.

Again, the last half of this is all theorycrafting...so take that with a grain of salt, but it makes sense to me.

What are your thoughts on this?
>>
>>16879131
>and actually puts the full mass of the Knightmare in between the pilot and whoever is shooting at them

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean. In both cases, the cockpit is behind the frame's chest.
>>
Since there are some leaks of the last movie, anyone have the Lancelot Grail's scene?
>>
>>16879816
We're getting to see that in good quality in less than a week
>>
>>16879131
kallen ass, crotch and boob press
>>
So there is a live stream going on and in just about 40 minutes or so are have more info about the Code Geass Lost Stories game for those who are interested and check it out, and if so, perhaps post some screen caps if it includes character scenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxGuroSqHHo&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>16881106
I don't know whats going on, but they have Kallen and C.C.'s seiyuu on.
>>
>>16881106
Action RPG they said?
>>
>>16881106
Looks like protagonist is an original character, can be either male or female
>>
>>16881106
And now suddenly Flow
>>
File: LostStoriesAvatar.jpg (166 KB, 1920x1080)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>16881198
>>
more shit, I will watch resurrection for the action scenes and forget about this franchise
>>
>>16881211
New Flow song for the game now it seems
>>
>>16881106
And its nothing. I don't think we learned really anything significant about the game. Not like it matters though since us filthy gaijin will never get to play it.
>>
>>16881212
I wish they had put up the full screens for the character sheets for C.C. and Kallen for better quality like for the oc characters.
>>
>>16881221
Hey, no problem. Suit yourself. Not that this (mobile games, etc) is anything rare these days.
>>
>>16881106
does someone have the scans of when they showed Kallen's new outfit, even though it was perfect?
>>
They wouldn't pull a Madoka Rebellion would they?
>>
>>16881580
This isn't quite that metaphysical, I think. Rebellion happened like that because of how things were set up.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.