[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>>
File: m-tagram.jpg (277 KB, 1414x1426)
277 KB
277 KB JPG
>>
File: 54a.png (675 KB, 594x788)
675 KB
675 KB PNG
>>16860993
gundam g no reconguista, the only think saving it was the animation and the designs.
>>
File: enora_forced_smile.jpg (66 KB, 720x480)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>16860993
Wait, someone actually hates underwater King Gainer?
>>16861002
Replace Lamune with Webdiver and it'd be perfect.
>>
>>16861002
pilot candidate, that CGI killed me.
>>
6 Angels
Infinite Shit
Gunbuster
Idol Defense Force Hummingbird
Nobunaga the Fool
Eureka 7 AO
>>
>>16861002
Would you say any of these are worth watching to laugh at? I'm curious which are bad in a dull way and which are bad in a funny way.
>>
>>16860993
Mars Daybreak wasn't bad, but pretty average, like half of BONES' anime.
>>
>>16860993
Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt season 2, daryl the war is over go home.
>>
>>16861012
Pilot Candidate with the dub, Daishogun and maybe G Dangaioh.

Olynssis is LOL,HIRAI (IIRC sameface syndrome is even a plotpoint) on a Toei-budget, Rouran is utter nonsense that moves at a neckbreaking speed and Lamune FRESH is just unpleasant to watch, especially when you know what the series started out as.
>>
>>16861024
oh i did like the South Seas Alliance and them using old gms and zakus
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 220x146)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
Mechander robo was without a doubt one of the weakest mecha shows of the 70s to hop on the craze.
>>
I envy you all, children.

It's your ignorance, your ability to publicly state an opinion on "the worst" when you've barely scratched the surface of the genre or the medium.

For most of you, your opinions come not from direct experience but from second-hand reviews and opinions gathered on the internet. I mean, I've already peered into your souls and know most of you shit on Gundam SEED and Destiny without having watched either one. You inherited the hate of the past generation and just ran with it.

That is one of the many signs of your ignorance.

But the truth is that none of the things mentioned in this thread, or the things that will be mentioned in this thread are truly the worst.

As long as you have gained some entertainment value, then it's not the worst. You're still on your journey to discover the worst.

But you will never reach the destination. Why, you ask? Because I'm the only person who owns the worst. I discovered it years ago, in a decrepit store on the outskirts of Pyramid street. After experiencing it first hand, I spent years finding every copy of it and destroying it, except for one.

I am the only one to own the worst. It has no wiki page, no ANN article, no TV Tropes, and none of the yahoos who call themselves "ANIME REVIEWERS" could ever dare imagine its existence.

I own it to spite you, I own it to sow chaos among you. If you had the worst then you'd look forward to everything that came out, you'd find joy in entertainment, and you'd never worry about the next thing "being the worst", because it was already made.

So suffer, /m/, suffer you fools. Long before any of you came into existence, I already had my revenge against you.
>>
>>16860993
>>
File: 1515962975051.png (150 KB, 201x379)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
>>16861089
>Wall of butt hurt
Go back to writing your shitty Gundam Seed fanfics you faggot
>>
>>16861002
Great Dangaioh was fantastic, Pilot Candidate was meh, and DaiShogun wasn't even the worst anime of its year.
>>16861010
>Nobunaga the Fool
>Eureka 7 AO
Wrong and super wrong
>>16861024
It was the best gundam in a long time, even better than season one.
>>
exaxxion
>>
>>16861089
>most of you shit on Gundam SEED and Destiny without having watched either one.
but i have anon
>>
File: hi there!.webm (2.53 MB, 1280x720)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB WEBM
>>16861089
>>
File: GET OUT.png (117 KB, 588x408)
117 KB
117 KB PNG
>>16861103
>even better than season one.
>>
>>16860993
Planet With, Active Raid, Skull Man, Infinite Ryvius, Excel Saga, Download Digital Devil, IBO season 1, Barom One, Mai Hime, Daimidaler, VVV season 1, Gundam-san, Patlabor Early Days and Mini Pato, Southern Cross, Papillon Rose, all of Nanoha, Kill la Kill, Otaku no Video, and Straight Title Robot Anime.
>>
>>16861002
All of these other than G Dangaioh, plus 6 Angels
>>
Eureka Seven. Not AO but all series. If you like this you're taste is cancer
>>
>>16861012
DaiShogun is worth watching just to see how little you can animate a show and get away with it.

They didn't get away with it and it so so poorly that it's first bluray volume didn't even chart, meaning that it sold under 100 copies in the first week. For reference the other /m/ shows that season all sold higher than it in their first week
>>
File: visual cancer.jpg (702 KB, 1124x1284)
702 KB
702 KB JPG
All Hiraishit. You must have no standards to tolerate this visual cancer.
>>
File: 1527195586046.webm (1.58 MB, 1280x720)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB WEBM
>>16861118
Forgot to post an example of the animation, my bad
>>
>>16861012
I don't know, depends on your measure of "this is so bad, it's funny".

But Great Dangaioh is legitimately shit. Gundam SEED Destiny, even at it's worst, you could say was mismanaged. G Dangaioh is garbage.

An ugly robot, bland uninteresting characters, has nothing to do with Dangaioh and tries to tie itself to the series at the ass end once they realized they were canceled. Starts off with a typical Evil Dr Tries to Take Over The World Plot, and runs through it in the first episode (as a joke), but have nothing up their sleeve after that, so the series meanders around the characters going to high school and complaining about bullshit.

And to top it all off, they lose the final battle and try to play it off with a homage to Great Mazinger.
It's a fucking mess.

It's the first anime that made me contemplate about all the effort that goes into making an anime, even a cheap one, in the first place, and wondering if it's okay to say that their efforts were wasted, and they really made a pile of garbage that's not worth anyone's time, since time is finite.
The answer I got to was "YES".

If Dangaioh ever comes back, I hope they use the Great Dangaioh designs as enemies to be destroyed. Fuck it.
>>
>>16861131
>the series meanders around the characters going to high school and complaining about bullshit.

>one of the baddy of the week's plan is to find out who the pilots of Dangaioh but never got further than which school they attend so she captures their fellow students so they'd tell her who they are
>nevermind that in the very first episode we see the Dangaioh team doing fucking PR work and interviews

It really felt like every episode was meant to be the plot for an individual OVA, each written by a different person who never talked to the other writers, and then the producers slapped the whole shit together into something that vaguely resembles a series.
>>
>>16860993
All mecha is the worst. All of it. Every single one is the same stupid stories over and over and over again. That's why shitposters from other boards migrate here. Because they know and understand mecha is a dead genre. They laugh at you all with their waifu pillows and their frogs and their live action movies. Because they know robots suck and will never ever enjoy success ever again.

Your dream is dead. Time to put away your toys for good.
>>
>>16861089
>>16861160
Nice to see that there's a pretty stiff competition for the 'Most jaded faggot of the year' award this year.
>>
>>16861089
>the yahoos who call themselves "ANIME REVIEWERS"
Real shit though how do we round these faggots up and throw them into woodchippers?
>>
>>16861118
>>16861120
I enjoyed DaiShogun.
>>
does kiss dum engage planet count as mecha?
>>
File: GET MAD.gif (1.58 MB, 320x240)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB GIF
>>16861176
Liking something doesn't excuse the fact that it was the worst performing show of that year financially.

The characters are all completely awful (With the exception of the blonde airship pirate girl), the music is bland and unexciting (Even when they do the "Orchestral version of OP theme plays in the final fight" thing), the CG is only passable due to how garbage the normal animation is in comparison, the cliffhanger ending is completely unsatisfactory since it leaves you with more questions than answers, and the few good concepts the show had (Like Susanoo having multiple forms based on which girl was copiloting) go underused. Not to mention the gall the producers had to think people would back a CG Movie version of the first season on Kickstarter after how the TV version ended up.

This is the very definition of a shit anime, not just something like "Oh man the ending sucked worst show ever!" or "Wow that one scene was animated really badly". This is a show people will only remember for being a floundering mess without a single redeeming quality. There are Korean bootleg anime movies I would recommend watching to people instead of this show. This show is an affront to both the medium and the genre and I honestly believe it to be the worst show of the decade, let alone the worst show of 2014.
>>
File: 1507873262732.webm (2.96 MB, 800x450)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB WEBM
>>16861176
I enjoyed the 3D promos. It's probably where all the budget went anyways.
https://www.youtube.com/user/sasaharakazuya/videos?view=0&flow=grid&sort=da
>>
>>16861089

The thread isn't about THE ONLY REALLY OBJECTIVELY WORST MECHA ANIME though.
>>
>>16861176

Well, people enjoy strangest things.

I'd probably also name Daishogun as the worst mecha anime I've seen.
>>
>>16861002
>Actually finished 2 of those

>>16861003
So you expected shit & got what you asked for? Also, 3 pics max only.
>>
>>16860993
If this is your worst you need to watch a lot more anime
>>
What about most obscure bad mecha anime you've seen?

Galilei Donna - not the worst but still really bad, especially since the first two eps looked pretty cool but it got downhill fast. /m/ had threads when it was new but now nobody talks about it anymore. Makes me think I'm the only person who still remembers it.
>>
Knights & Magic, by far.
>>
>>16861316
No one talks about it because it sucked but not in an aggressive enough manner to be worth shitposting about as opposed to trash like Macross Delta, Eureka 7 AO, or Build Fighters Try.
>>
>>16861294
>So you expected shit
fuck you
>>
G Dangaioh hands down. The only episode I liked was a gag episode that had nothing to do with the rest of the show.
>>
>>16861329
>gag episode that had nothing to do with the rest of the show
So, every single episode?
>>
>>16861332
It's episode 7. Every time I mention that to someone they act like I'm insane, but that's the only episode I liked, most people think it's the worst.
>>
>>16861120
That's fucking unreal. How did this ever get approved?
Can you post more?
>>
>>16861120
Why do I get the feeling that they photoshopped a bunch of pubes for that eyecatch...
>>
File: 1514724760591.jpg (157 KB, 459x345)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>16861386
Imagine the budget being so tight, you couldn't pay your artists to draw a beard, but you could green screen someone's bearded jaw in.
>>
Not sure if I'd call it the worst but I found Southern Cross to be unbearable shit.

>>16861317
I didn't find it to be terrible. Just mediocre and forgettable. Maybe things would have been different if it had got the 2 cour it deserved.
>>
File: Gekkostate.jpg (29 KB, 520x192)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
Eureka 7.
Only God knows how much I wish to have my 50*22mn of my time back.
Everyone in this show was as stupid as a trisomic on hypoxia. Renton who needed 20 episodes to realise blowing up a mecha kills its pilote, Holland who punched kids, Eureka who played mother to find redemption after her war crimes, her two kids who followed her even if they know Eureka killed their parents, and I can continue like this for hours.
But I think the top of the worst was this fucking nigglet and its annoying voice. I would rather drill my ear drums than listening its voice once again.
Too bad the mecha design and the OST were fantastics.
>>
>>16861401

You are masochistic anon, I couldn't even make it past the first episode.
>>
File: 03.webm (746 KB, 640x480)
746 KB
746 KB WEBM
>>16861392
>Anyone here who can animate a simple water splash?
>No?
>Uh, anyone here who got a splash .gif?
>>
File: 61555.jpg (34 KB, 350x263)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>16860993
Okay. A question I pose.

WHY WATCH ANYTHING BAD

Time is limited, you have access to vast stores of anime and the ability to research and choose the good ones.
>>
>>16861432
Sometimes you can find something that had been unjustly bashed by mainstream viewers, but is actually worthwhile.
>>
>>16861432
sometimes a show starts off good then go's down hill fast
>>
>>16861170
I'm honestly surprised that anyone listens to them in the first place.

Out of all of the anime reviewers that people religiously follow, I've noticed that none of them have a background in animation (production or history) and, even worse, none of them understand Japanese.

The only anime reviewer who did a good job of reviewing anime was Grumpy Jiisan, who was able to highlight all the negative and positive aspects of the things he watched without coming off as a rabid fanboy or a bootleg rip off of MST3K.
>>
Tenchi Muyo GxP
>>
>>16861432
Because a few months ago, the old man proposed a challenge to watch the first thing you came across in a random anidb search and some unlucky fool got Daishogun.
>>
File: 1518310864305.jpg (42 KB, 720x480)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>16861460
>I'm honestly surprised that anyone listens to them in the first place.
I'm not. It was bound to happen to anime, happened with movies, happened with games. Youtube made it so the people who usually just went into tirades when no one asked them on forums and so on have an audience. And of course since these people are the loudest and most obnoxious while also typically just echoing the popular opinion of your average pleb, they get the audience.

Then on the flipside you have the sites and shit like ANN or whatever, full of people who couldn't cut it at any actual Journalism job (I use that lightly either way) so they were shoved there, again happened with vidya games as well just look at any of the instances of reviewers being shit at games, I mean I'm not good but these people play like you just handed them a controller for their first time by and large.
>>
File: 51tt3zrIs2BL.png (286 KB, 500x281)
286 KB
286 KB PNG
I watched s2 first by mistake but I don't think watching it properly would have helped
>>
>>16861532
>>
>>16861432
>the ability to research and choose the good ones
Impossible because the masses have terrible taste and no amount of research is going to help you find those weird things that seemed to be made just for you, even if everyone else shits on them.
>>
>>16861024
season 2 would've been so good if they didn't stick only four episodes and one compilation film

as soon as shit gets interesting it stops; newtype blueballin
>>
>>16861550
>newtype blueballin
hahahaha i need ti use this
>>
>>16861460
Are there even any with bacground in lit/english or art? Their analysis tends to fall apart when things go beyond "I like the art style" or "this scene is shit because I hate the characters". Most of film youtube serms to have a degree in film and/or the knowledge to make a film (the quality of which is irrelevant). Anime youtube is too close to vg youtube where the character of the creator is more important than the character of the work being reviewed.
https://www.animemaru.com/op-ed-repeating-video-topics-for-views-sucks-but-not-as-much-as-sword-art-online/
Why is one of the only people to flex their english degree a furry car reviewer?
>>
>>16861565
>Why is one of the only people to flex their english degree a furry car reviewe
Because aside from being a Furry car reviewer it's the one thing he has in life. Seriously the dude seems JUST as fuck, in spite of being relatively successful.
>>
>>16861565
>Are there even any with bacground in lit/english or art?
You could say their real issue is that they paid TOO much attention to their dumb high school literature teacher.
>>
Metal Skin Panic Madox 01
It's a shame because I really like the machine itself but it is trapped at the bottom of a dumpster fire.
>>
>>16861582
>dumpster fire
>>
>>16861570
The problem arises from that being their only formal experience in the field.
>>
>>16861600
They'd be better off trying to learn something about visual storytelling anyway. Literature is not film/anime/whatever.
>>
File: nope.png (246 KB, 600x600)
246 KB
246 KB PNG
>>16861408
Even today I don't know why I persisted to finish this show. Maybe I unconsciously tried to punish myself.
>>
>>16861346
Yeah I got this one

>>16861472
Rolling that show was a lifechanger since it made me realize that the majority of /m/ shows people talk about on here aren't as awful as they make them out to be.
>>
>>16861725
Give it a few months.

You'll eventually want to rewatch it, a bizarre state of confirmation.

Then you'll truly understand the secrets of the universe.
>>
>>16861089
Hey fuck you I watched Gundam Seed and I had a goodtime
>>
>>16861739
That guy brings up a good point though, you should give that "roll and watch a show you haven't seen yet" thread another try sometime in the future.
>>
>>16861027
Yeah, Dangaioh was pretty bad.
>>
>>16861089
thanks old man
your posts continue to brighten my day
even if you're no johnny spaceboots
>>
>>16861089
If a tree falls in a forest and noboy is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

No, no it does not.

If something is bad and nobody knows about it, it's not bad. It doesn't exist.
>>
File: think for yourself.jpg (387 KB, 1280x2880)
387 KB
387 KB JPG
>>16861432

Because Im a self thinking individual who can make up their own opinion and it's actually easier to just sit down and watch and episode or two and see for myself without having to have my opinion fed to me.

Yes time is valuable but you do earn something even from spending it watching bad shows. You develop your own tastes. You learn what you enjoy and what you don't. You learn why things are good and why they're bad.

And if you're time is so valuable and limited you can't spend it on your own hobby then you need to either get a different hobby or change something about how you're living your life. Your brainless lemming.
>>
>>16861565

Most of these jerks are just assholes who read one too many TVtropes articles (It's one BTW) and suddenly think themselves an expert.
>>
Build Divers is the biggest dumpster fire I've ever watched, but I can't stop watching it for personal reasons.
>>
godmars , it had the laziest fighting choreoraphy out of all /m/ shows ive ever watched
>>
>>16861120
>>16861386
>>16861413
This is some borderline Musashi Gundoh shit, I need to watch this now.
>>
>>16861089
The X-Rounder tapes have been leaked.
You have no power over us anymore, old man.
>>
>>16861027
>Lamune FRESH is just unpleasant to watch, especially when you know what the series started out as
What did it start out as? This Lamune shit is a pretty big franchise.
>>
>>16861108
>spot the newfag, /m/ edition
>>
>>16862181
I will always have power over you. You will never gain true freedom and liberate yourself from my grasp.

Accept the truth, you could never escape my attacks. For one such as I, who has seen all the animes, you are nothing more than ants stomping about as if you were lions.
>>
>>16861624
It's not, but a decent survey understanding of literature would provide experience with applications of various themes and storytelling in general. A lot of it is transferable.
>>
>>16861002
I... really enjoyed Fresh, but at same time I was like a kid in the 90s. The OP is still catchy to this day too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mhmsv8RrsOU
>>
>>16862366

Man I miss 90s boobs. Don't really remember a lot about this series though. I thin there was like a bath tub?
>>
>>16861432
Watching a 5/10 show, or something below that, makes you appreciate the 8/10s and 9/10s better. On top of that, sometimes a show, or book or game or whichever, will fail in a lot of aspects but absolutely fucking *nail* some particular aspect that resonates with you and makes it worthwhile. I think it's not a bad thing to roll the dice every once in a while. I think if you aren't enjoying something you picked out you should drop it, but there's little harm in giving something a chance when you think it might appeal to you.
>>
File: 1409443599670.jpg (42 KB, 720x544)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>16861002
>Pilot Candidate
Triggered.
>>
File: page019.jpg (1.18 MB, 2792x1912)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
>>16862275
A simple Wataru-esque kids show that already sort of went to shit in its sequel, Fire, and I'm really glad that Da Cider was spared from appearing in that shit that was FRESH.
>>
File: 1334210701657.jpg (33 KB, 478x352)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>16860993
Skelter+Heaven and Dyogrammaton.
>>
>>16862366
The last 90s ova ghetto honestly can be pretty fun honestly. Not nearly as bad as your average 21st century anime.
>>
>>16861445
Pretty much this.
Just look at Heybot that's been slammed by most western animu fans who didn't make it past the first episode but is extremely well received by the Japanese and people who actually watched the entire thing and "got" it.
>>
>>16860993
Aldnoah.Zero
>>
>>16862436
>>16862417
Yeah, it has a charm to them that's just very specific to their era. Sometimes it's nice to watch some random 90s OVAs.
>>
>>16862417
>I thin there was like a bath tub?
One of the girls mistook the piloting cockpit for a bath tub because it was filled with liquid
>>
>>16861103
>Great Dangaioh was fantastic
That was absolute garbage, how can anyone with a functional brain say th-
>super wrong
>implying AO was good
ohhhh nevermind you're the local contrarian shitposter. Opinions disregarded.
>>
>>16861432
Genuine good content doesn't excite me anymore now I wallow in filth and sin.
>>
File: maxresdefault-5.jpg (179 KB, 1366x768)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
>>16860993
Break Blade, not that it sucked but...it just stoped then anime and the manga too

also the MC going all edgelord in that last arc
>>
>>16862465
>Going edgelord
But he's not, he's depressed as the world around him is falling apart and we've already been shown that he suffers from PTSD.

When was the last update anyway?
>>
>>16861119
I will never not be salty about the Linebarrels adaptation getting infected with Hiraiface, although that was hardly the worst of its flaws.
>>
>>16862468
>manga
the last was Vol 15 Omake May 26, 2017
>>
I peak foolish "I love mecha so I'll grab anything mecha to watch" part of my life was easily Platinumhugen Ordian

Yuck.
>>
File: FriendzingerZ.png (381 KB, 629x359)
381 KB
381 KB PNG
Probably the old Mazinger Z tai Devilman/Getter Robo/Getter Robo G/Great Mazinger/Grendizer/Ankoku Daishogun.
But those are entertainingly bad.
Mazinger tai Devilman is great because of how much of a pushover Devilman and all the demons are. Dr. Hell enslaves some demons with no effort, Devilman is captured by mechanical beasts with no effort, and Mazinger Z just beats the shit out of everything.

I actively hate Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence Boogalloo, it's nearly two hours of Batou just talking out of his ass, though with some pretty visuals at times (but they aren't gorgeous hand drawn cels so who cares).
Not big on the GitS 2 manga either, but lesbians in cyberspace is not something I'm going to hold any grudges against.
>>
>>16861565
>the character of the creator is more important than the character of the work being reviewed.

Unfortunately, because YouTube is the way that it is, reviewers having a strong "character" that is entertaining to viewers absolutely is more important than the content being reviewed.
>>
>>16860993
Juushinki Pandora
>>
>>16861565
>>16862479
I'm glad the AVGN/Nostalgia Critic guide to success is still employed. Absolutely lovely.
>>
File: 08.webm (1.68 MB, 1280x720)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB WEBM
>>16862170
Musashi at least had SOME sort of animation.
>>
>>16862440

Plus there's just something that's endearing about seeing just how full retard a show can get. A hilariously bad show can be more fun to watch than a good one in the right environment.
>>
File: Ldn.gif (212 KB, 1166x875)
212 KB
212 KB GIF
>>16861328
>>
>>16861294
>Also, 3 pics max only.

I swear, these witless dullards have completely ruined the point of WEGs.

>INB4 "It's hard to sum it up in one Image"

That's the idea you twits.
>>
>>16862497
Yeah, that's why I listed G Dangaioh here>>16861027 since that shit defies common sense on a regular base.

>one episode's plot is about one of the pilots getting knocked out in battle because apparently the Dangaioh project couldn't afford safety belts and helmets
>no one bothers to correct this afterwards and THE SAME pilot knocks her head AGAIN on the control panels

>another one has a random perverted robot running around the base
>never do we get an answer for who was behind that thing and why it exists

>random-ass poor man's Cutie Honey episode that resulted in>>16861156
>>
Garzey's Wing.
Sure it doesn't have mechs but it is set on Byston Well so comparisons are inevitable.
>>
>>16862504

And it's not "Ironic LOL MECHAS ARE SILLY SELF AWARENESS" It's just the most spectacular kind of train wreck. Watching bad movies, anime or reading bad books is like a window into the mind of a mad person.
>>
>>16862508
The dialogue was kino.
>>
>>16862508
On the flipside, Garzey's has some insanely hilarious dialog that kinda makes it worth checking out anyway.

>I'M COVERED IN BRUISES BECAUSE I HAD TO FIGHT NAKED
>12TH AND 13TH CENTURY FOREIGNERS SURROUND ME
>EVEN DINOSAURS ARE THERE
>MY SWORD IS UNBELIEVABLY DULL
>>
File: ronnie.jpg (113 KB, 600x426)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>16862343
Hey Vagina Fluids, have you been Ronnie this entire time?
>>
>>16862508
Did ANYTHING worthwhile actually come out of that universe besides the original Dunbine?
Garzey's Wing was retarded, Wings of Rean was forgettable besides having the obligatory cliche "Me Japanese! Me must bring back Yamato Damashii and Way of Samurai of old times back to make country great again!" villain and Neo Byston Well is an elaborate slideshow.
>>
>>16862516
He's a human.
Humans are just human.
>>
>>16862516
Sounds like bad translation DESU. Like that "mass naked children incidents" from SAC.
>>
>>16862531
I forgot that to be honest is still censored.
>>
>>16861445
Thats true. You will lose out if you take MAL and ANN too seriously.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/2775/Genocyber?q=geno
>>
>>16862524
There are novel versions for all three. I'm honestly curious to see where Garzey went but I can't find scans of the books. Maybe I'm not be looking hard enough.
There's also a Garzey's Wing video game for PC.
>>
File: 1518608645_1.jpg (64 KB, 680x350)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
Next Senki Ehrgeiz is so boring,ugly and uninspired. I struggle to find anything to say about it because there is nothing to say besides BAD.
>>
>>16862539
The only things I somewhat remember were the 4chan mech and the little girl getting horny from a cold for some reason.
>>
>>16862502
He shouldn't have post Turn-A twice, also >>16861401
>>
Since we are dropping off trash here may as well drop off Buddy Complex.
>>
>>16862551

If BC is the worst you've seen then you've had a far blander experience in your tenure than most
>>
>>16862552
I said since we're dropping off trash here, though honestly it's def one I disliked more than many of the series mentioned here that are considered worse. Atleast I can sit down and enjoy Pilot Candidate or Daishogun for how bad they are, what am I suppose to like about Buddy Complex or say that's positive beyond that one meme people spammed from episode 2?
>>
>>16862554
>what am I suppose to like about Buddy Complex

Saori Hayami is also nice to listen too. But you're really confusing BAD with something that was mostly just kind of dull. There's not really a lot to PRAISE but there's not really a lot to complain about either.
>>
>>16862560
> But you're really confusing BAD with something that was mostly just kind of dull.
Yeah, that's true, but is it not worse to be dull and forgettable rather than hilariously bad? Mostly just wanted to speak to someone about this show recently either way, figured it'd be a good moment. That said I disagree that Buddy Complex did not have plenty to complain about.
>>
>>16861010
>Infinite Shit
this so hard. It's fucking unbearably bad
>>
Not the worst I’ve seen, but the worst I bothered to finish. I enjoyed it I guess but I will never watch it again.
>>
>>16862564
>>16861010
Is Infinite Shit supposed to refer to Infinite Stratos or Infinite Ryvius?
>>
>>16862568
I am guessing Ryvius based on earlier conversation, wonder why such dislike for the show though.
>>
>>16862568
>>16862569
I meant Infinite Stratos tho
>>
>>16862535
Genocyber was shit though
>>
>>16861725
>it made me realize that the majority of /m/ shows people talk about on here aren't as awful as they make them out to be.

Yep. Most of /m/ calls a show bad based on memes, or flavor of the month, popularity, or they just shitposting. And there are also people who confuse bland, boring, or mediocre with bad.

There are truly bad shows out there, for good fucking reason. Dai-Shogun Looks like it was made with fucking power point. People gave Symphogear hell for that one scene of characters 'walking' down a hall, only they are just bobbing up and down with no animation. The entirety of Dai-Shogun is animated that way. I honestly have no idea how people can look at shows like Zeta, Planet with, Active Raid, Aldnoah, G-Reco, whatever and go "this is the worst show ever" when shit like Dai Shogun exists. It's objectively a broken show.

When I consider a show spectacularly bad, it's usually for similar reasons.

Gundress run out of money and was shown in theaters I shit you not, with missing scenes, and story boards in place of animation. Even after they fixed it for disc release it's a shit show. Kissdum TV had the director take off after a few episodes and took the script with him. Skelter Heaven had horrible CGI, and horrible 2d animation. Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars, they aired a few episodes, stopped, went back and reworked the show, and started airing the show back from the beginning. And there is plenty of older shows that are horrible, but I'm going with these since they are all subbed. (Knack shows are notorious.)

>>16861432
Mecha literacy. As much as I disagree with VF's rantings here, one thing he is right about is that the people here limit themselves to such a shallow pool of shows. I think the reason why people keep calling mediocre shows
>The worst show EVAR
is because they have only seen a few shows, and only have a small handful of material to compare it too. That 5/10 show doesn't seem so bad after you watch a 2/10 or 3/10 show.
>>
>>16862578
Then why didn't you just type Infinite Stratos?
Do you think this is some kind of motherfucking game?
>>
>>16862939
I see you weren't around during the times of the thread-spamming retard.
>>
>>16862942
I was, and it was as stupid then as it is now.

No, wait, actually it's stupider now because of an entirely separate spamming retard who's rendered what was once a simple case of crass immaturity and overall failure at wit into a legitimately ambiguous bit of slander at anything that happens to be a two-word title of the form "Infinite [whatever]."

Shit, you want to know how many times I wonder if today's the day someone starts shitposting Infinite Space? It's a nonzero number thanks to the absolute idiocy that is "more like Infinite Shit amirite?"
>>
>>16862910
>People gave Symphogear hell for that one scene of characters 'walking' down a hall, only they are just bobbing up and down with no animation.
Yeah but they at least fixed that in the Blurays. The only noticeable change I saw watching Dai-Shogun's BDs was removing the steam surrounding characters in the onsen scenes like >>16861413 (And no, they didn't fix the water either)
>>
>>16862910
Regalia has nothing wrong with it. The animation is fine and above-average, and the story is mediocre, not horrible on the level of the other stuff you mention
They stopped airing it and restarted it because the staff was autistic and episodes as they were at first apparently didn't satisfy them.
But it's still far from being comparable to Dai Shogun or fucking Skelter Heaven
>>
>>16862953
>there you go guys, uncensored girls!
>fixing the water? don't be silly!
>>
>>16862463
Wrong in both ways, liar.
>>
File: Mars is upset.png (48 KB, 352x263)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
>>16862910
>As much as I disagree with VF's rantings here
But your entire post agrees with all my rantings here.
>>
>>16861460
>I'm honestly surprised that anyone listens to them in the first place.
>>16861565
>Their analysis tends to fall apart when things go beyond "I like the art style" or "this scene is shit because I hate the characters"
That's because plenty of people enjoy anime in that manner. How it looks. How it makes them feel. So these reviews are useful to them. I don't really see anything wrong with it. You have different standard of evaluating anime, good, then you're not part of the target audience of these reviewers. Simple as that.
>>
>>16861119
S-cryed is good fuck you
>>
>>16862569
Because it deserves it, it's one of the very few anime in history objectively worthy of a 1/10.
>>
File: eureka-seven-surf.jpg (543 KB, 1440x1080)
543 KB
543 KB JPG
>>16861401
them mechs what are they on?
>>
>>16860993
Mars Daybreak had potential but everything about it was unbelievably obnoxious.
>>
>>16863350
The world building was pretty poorly done which is especially problematic given the unique setting of the show.

Where did the Gram's mech come from?
What's a Naval Witch and why do they get so old?
Why does the porpoise need a suit to talk but the cat can do it without?
Why is Kubernes' Round Buckler organic?
Why is Gram so good at everything, including using land jets engines without problems in mere seconds that even the ace pilot of the Aurora couldn't properly handle?
Where did all those space sea creatures come from?
Do I have to play the game to understand any of this?
>>
>>16862910
>is because they have only seen a few shows, and only have a small handful of material to compare it too. That 5/10 show doesn't seem so bad after you watch a 2/10 or 3/10 show.
Should they though?
>>
File: worst of 2018.png (746 KB, 767x485)
746 KB
746 KB PNG
>>16861119
Nah, there is worse.
>>
>>16862910
>I honestly have no idea how people can look at shows like Zeta, Planet with, Active Raid, Aldnoah, G-Reco, whatever and go "this is the worst show ever" when shit like Dai Shogun exists. It's objectively a broken show.
Unlike Dai Shogun Active Raid has absolutely zero redeeming qualities. DS at least has decent writing, pacing, and action scenes. AR? That is a black hole of creativity without a single decent anything in it.
>>
>>16861003
I got about 6 episodes in like 4 separate times and stopped watching because of the strong “what the fuck is going on” vibe. I really wanted to like it because of the designs though. Anyhow I second your opinion.
>>
File: avaVFya.jpg (140 KB, 1920x1080)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>16863445
this
Capital Army / Capital Guard / Capital tower
Amerian Army / Pirate Corps

but wait there's more
Towasanga, the moonmen

BUT wait there's MORE
Venus Globe
G-IT Laboratory
n-no more
>>
>>16862910

Only one person is shitting on Active Raid and he's obviously doing it just to be a prick.
>>
>>16863518
No, plenty of people here dislike it for being bad, your propaganda keeps flopping, Fox News.
>>
>>16863431
>Dai-Shogun at least has decent writing, pacing, and action scenes.

That's a good joke my dude
>Dude I just wanna fight dudes what do you mean I'm the son of the emperor?
>Dude I get hives whenever a girl gets near me and I'm a virgin
>Dude I'm just going to tiptoe the fact that I love the ninja girl and have her leave town for a filler episode to go hang out with the pube beard captain
>Dude I'm gonna go claim my throne because it's the right thing to do
>All those side characters who's stories go completely unresolved (The short-haired girl hunting down the people who killed her father, the kinda romance that might have been budding between Hyakusuke and Chiharu, the sudden reveal that Hokoin is a reincarnation of an evil spirit or some shit in the last two episodes) that will never be fulfilled because the show bombed
>The foreigner dudes who are just around to be killed off by Shigeyoshi to make it seem like he's a big deal even though the foreigners are a complete joke through the show
>We never know why Shigeyoshi's acting the way he does other than that he wants to control Japan and keep the gaijins out, and the show never goes into that good details on the relationships between Keiichiro/Susanoo and Shigeyoshi/Takemikazuchi.

And yeah, it totally has good action scenes like this webm.
>>
>>16860993
You're a very lucky man if Mars Daybreak is the worst thing you've ever seen.
>>
>>16863533

No it's really just you.
>>
>>16861401
I hated the kids, every time they were on screen I wanted to throttle someone. Basically every character that got screen time was awful. Oh and the show killed off the two people I actually liked to make a point.
>>
>>16863544
No, it really is other people too. Stop being in denial.
>>
>>16861432
Because the opinions of other people are fucking worthless the great majority of the time.
>>
>>16863431
>DS at least has decent writing, pacing, and action scenes.
Motherfucker I will FIND you and I will END you.
>>
>>16863518
Ah, you mean the MAHQlet. That makes sense.
>>
>>16862465
The protagonist has PTSD and so does the writer.
>>
>>16863572
I've never been to MAHQ, nice try.
>>
>>16860993
What was that anime where MC was a fucking autist that could make extreme calculation in real time.

And then in the end the princess just married some another guy.

What a fucking cuck.
>>
>>16863584
Aldnoah Zero was a well made anime and the second best anime of 2014 after Nobunaga The Fool.
>>
>>16863538
Still better than the Rayearth OVAs.
>>
>>16863568
>>16863538

I only mentioned the production problems, but who in their fucking right mind would claim Dai-Shogun has 'decent' pacing? The entire point of the show was to get the MC to the Capitol, and they didn't even leave the onsen until the last episode. The antagonist even got sick of waiting for the MC and attacked the bath house.
>>
>>16862468
The translation? some aeons ago. For the raw it's been only a month.
The last chapters are free on the magazine website.
https://comic-meteor.jp/breakblade/
>>
>>16863600
If it feels fast the pacing is good, if it feels slow the pacing is bad.
>>
>>16863609

That's the most idiotic thing you've said today.
>>
>>16862444
First like 3 episodes were amazing.

And then the quality took a nosedive and painted Inaho as the only competent Earth pilotl
>>
>>16863609
10/10, a most exquisite shitpost.
>>
>>16863613
Not idiotic, it is truth.
>>
>>16863601
Mecha manga is cursed, I swear.
>>
>>16862539
It's generic 90s mech anime as fuck, but I wouldn't call Ehrgeiz bad. Though one could argue that being bland and instantly forgettable is even worse.
>>
I'm surprised at the distinct lack of Comet Lucifer in this thread.
>>
>>16863791
That's because this thread is for bad shows
>>
>>16861089
>For most of you, your opinions come not from direct experience but from second-hand reviews and opinions gathered on the internet
I like how you don't contribute anything of substance, and then tell people that their substantial contributions are actually just made up
>>
>>16863791
Honestly I've completely forgotten about almost every mecha show from the past five years.
>>
>>16863791
I found more meh, than bad. Like Innocent Venus.
>>
>>16863791
That anime was fantastic, not bad.
>>
>>16861002
Haven't seen it, but is Rouran that bad?
>>
>>16863872
The story is a mess.
>>
>>16863872
It's the Iczer version of G Dangaioh.
>>
>>16863901
So awesome.
>>
>>16862524
I actually liked Wing’s Of Rean, it had good crazy Tomino directing and was surprisingly engaging and exciting thanks to all the chaos.
>>
>>16861089
Autismo-kun strikes again
I love you man
>>
Why do so many people here hate great dangaioh for problems that the original ova also suffers from? are you not aware of how hypocritical it is to say "g dangaioh is bad there's no ending" when the original doesn't have a fucking ending either?
>>
>>16864083
It's also three episodes long and has the decency to at least look pretty and be interesting before not ending.
>>
>>16864083
>>16864092

Basically this. the original OVA wasn't great but was a third of the length and was visually impressive. Now while it's not fair to compare a OVA to a series in terms of budget the TV series could have at least delivered on the story front if not the visuals. It did not. In fact it even had the balls to assume people would be up for a sequel.
>>
>>16862972
Still not fooling anyone, fedora-kun. Go be contrarian somewhere else.
>>
>>16864194
G. Dangaioh didn't even have the balls to have an original not-end; it just copied the last ep of Mazinger Z, except there was no sequel airing literally next week.

But unlike OG Dangaioh, the ending was hardly the least of its problems.
>>
>>16863791
The only things I remember are bread mom being awesome, top dad dying, best boy getting the waifu, rock amazon, the MC fucking rocks for the rest of his life and the heroine dying horribly, oh and they ruined the main mech's design by turning it into yet another angel bot instead of sticking with mecha gorilla.
>>
>>16864378
>and the heroine dying horribly

wait what?
>>
>>16864389
The mysterious girl #18043843 was a goner by the end. I also remembered dancing CG vegetables.
>>
>>16861003
I hated G-Reco so much that it physically made me sick
>>
>>16860993
Pilot Candidate and Infinite Stratos by far. Even shit like Destiny and the 00 movie are tolerable by comparison. I have seen some obscure shit that is awful, but I will give them a pass since they were HK subs.
>>
>>16864501

I can't believe Pilot Candidate was one of Adult Swim's first anime block pushes
>>
File: Ironhide's emotions.jpg (127 KB, 667x526)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>
>>16864530
IIRC it was supposed to be on Toonami but was quickly thrown on Adult Swim to give it some anime which is why it was still censored, same with Blue Gender.
>>
File: dlasduyqewtgmnxatias.png (284 KB, 685x579)
284 KB
284 KB PNG
>>16861565
The problem is all of these reviewers can't speak any Japanese. heavily gating their access to Japanese thinking. They treat anime as existing in a vacuum from the rest of Japan, which is not the case. You can't remove a piece of art from the cultural environment it was created in.

If you study western literature you will find yourself studying the author as much as his actual works. If you try to study Richard III without studying Shakespeare and with zero knowledge of Christianity then your analysis will be weak at best. The same holds true for anime, with the added requirement of Japanese language skills to read all the untranslated material. This means even the ones that are actually smart can only at best produce surface level observations. You need to learn Japanese and then study Japanese history (at least from the late Tokugawa period on) to understand the themes and motifs that the writer/director were going for.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for this ever happening seeing as how the people who get into the youtube business to begin with are the sort who are too lazy to work a real job.

>>16864530
I believe they got the license for next to nothing and figured people would watch ANYTHING that was anime.
>>
>>16864364
There is no fedora-kun, there is only facts you deny.
>>
>>16864577
Nice try, fedora-kun.
>>
>>16864590
I am not fedora-kun nor is anybody, your imagination is wild and needs to imagine better. In other words get help.
>>
>>16864606
Keep telling yourself that, fedora-kun.
>>
>>16864558

You don't need Japanese thinking to point out that some cartoon is fucking retarded though.
>>
>>16865503
100% true, but it does help you properly appreciate the things it does right
>>
>>16863517
It's just 4 factions each with with an opposing forces, are brainlets the only thing left of this generation?
>>
>>16861002
I only watched Pilot Candidate as a kid, guess I should never ever go back to try it.
>>
>>16865508

Like "toilet humor in Aachi and Ssipak is a spot-on satiric mockery of a specific brand of consumerism in South Korean culture", right?
>>
>>16865406
I am not this fictional "fedora-kun", your scapegoating is laughable.
>>
>>16865406
He's actually a MAHQ reject who considers himself the god of /m/ for some reason.

The fact he's trying to fucking gatekeep what anime is considered bad is fucking hilarious.
>>
>>16865852
Silly anon, making up stories to impress his peers.
>>
>>16865852
I've never been to MAHQ so I don't know why you keep associating me with that site or think I'm some sort of 4chan god. Get over yourself.
>>
File: 1534923493912.jpg (1.27 MB, 2362x2818)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB JPG
>>16865573
>It's just 4 factions
It's 5 anon the Capital Guard / Pirate Corps are a faction
>>
>>16865856
>>16865863
MAHQlet detected.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.