[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: AniGoji.jpg (156 KB, 645x915)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
The Planet Eater opens in Japan this weekend. Here's a thread for it and all things Godzilla.
>>
Lets watch this trailer for the movie we REALLY want to ses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVDtmouV9kM&list=LLLqPKaT8jPw0dmCkaDefmoQ&index=10&t=3s
>>
>>16977733
It opens friday actually.

Plan on catching the earliest showing.
>>
>>16977733
Another Godzilla? Is it a sequel to the Anno movie?
>>
>>16977816
No, not even close
They’ve been putting out a trilogy of anime films since last year, they’re on Netflix if you want to watch them
They’re preddy okay, though there are a number of defects
>>
>>16977826
Oh hey the rangeban’s gone
Anyway, Godzilla vs Kong starts filming this week and Winguard released a storyboard, pic related
He better not fuck this up
>>
File: DX3k01_UMAEeI1a.jpg (177 KB, 1000x895)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>16977733
OK

>>16977754
Hopefully it will be good.
>>
>>16977830
Can't wait to see this long awaited rematch
>>
>>16977830
I wonder what tone it will take. The original had some goofy fun charm to it, but these new movies take themselves rather seriously. Not saying Kong vs. Godzilla can't be serious in tone, but after how big the scale of King of the Monsters appears to be maybe bringing it back down to something more comfy would work?
>>
>>16978372
No. It won't work, and the movie is going to be trash that spends most of its time jerking off King Kong because it has to convince an audience that Kong even stands a chance.
>>
File: mai of mia.jpg (1.15 MB, 1350x955)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>>16977733
At least post the latest trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5Omb_oeNQM
>>
File: 1527648293547.gif (3.4 MB, 640x360)
3.4 MB
3.4 MB GIF
>>16978372
I'm convinced Godzilla's going into meltdown after defeating Ghidorah at this point and Kong's the only one left to stop him. That or they bring in Destroyah for them to fight at the end. Either way, I feel it'll be a "one last hooray" kind of movie as opposed to a "go out blazing" finale
>>16978385
>Hasn't even seen Kong: Skull Island
>Doesn't know Kong's grown to Godzilla's size by this point and kept all his advantages
>Forgetting Godzilla canonically lost to Kong in the original
>>
>>16977802
How successful are the movies financially anyway?
>>
File: bigzilla.jpg (476 KB, 1920x1080)
476 KB
476 KB JPG
>let's make godzilla super big this time!
>let's never put any reference so it's impossible to get a grasp at its size

Those movies were doomed by stupidity from the beginning.
>>
>>16979034
>Having to try to one up Anno by making this Godzilla over sized.
>Having the story take place 20,000 years in a post apocalyptic future with only one semi likable character.
>The manga featuring obscure and fan favorite monsters in a more interesting plot than an entire animated movie trilogy.
>Zero monster on monster action until the third film.
>All of Mechagodzilla.

I hate this trilogy and will always hate it.
>>
>>16979016
> Godzilla tanks a nuke in 1954, shrugs off sustained conventional bombardment in 2014, and not only survives getting nuked yet again in 2019, but grows even more powerful
> Kong nearly killed by napalm and small arms fire
Kong's definitely at a disadvantage here
In any case, I hope Godzilla wins
>>
File: Size-comparison.jpg (45 KB, 540x368)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>16979034
>>16979042
>>
>>16979016
>Forgetting Godzilla canonically lost to Kong in the original
Weren't there two versions with different endings? One where Kong won and the other for Japan where Big G won?
>>
File: 1541678909601.jpg (15 KB, 500x370)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
Ghidorah
>>
File: banana-peel.jpg (32 KB, 1200x595)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>16979295
>>
File: 3BCPYJL.jpg (553 KB, 2400x1357)
553 KB
553 KB JPG
>>
>>16979295
Banana Ghidorah. Wonder how cinemaphiliacs at Toho Kingdom are going to defend this and how fast they'll ban people that disagree with them.
>>
>>16979321
Lets just be glad they don't hunt banned members on other websites anymore.
>>
>>16979260
That was only a rumor from an american sci-fi magazine.
>>
>>16977754
The trailer sucks and Millie is not a good sign. But the poster is pure diamond and fucking based Charles Dance is always a delight onscreen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeA8ojVy8Fc
>>
>>16979260
This is the oldest Godzilla myth and it's been debunked countless times
>>16979342
> the trailer sucks
How? It's far better than most other trailers out. Shows enough to get hype going without spoiling the plot (though that's been leaked for months now)
>>
>>16979295
Probably not the best representation of the actual design. Either way, I don't mind it. Looks like Ghidorah.
>>
I guess we now know for sure who is behind the lack of Kaiju battle. Unsurprisingly, it's Toho itself, they didn't want a movie about kaiju battles, but a movie with kaiju in them.

>企画の初期段階で東宝さんから「このアニメ版ゴジラは怪獣プロレスにはしません」という宣言というか、方針確認があったんです。「アニメで怪獣をやる」という意味について初期段階で検討したんですね。日本だと「怪獣という存在」と「怪獣プロレス」がどこかでセットのイメージがあって。だからこそ「プロレスをしない怪獣」というのは、大胆な切り口であり、虚淵さんは原案を考えていく段階で、そこを起点にしていました。もともとゴジラ映画を見ていない静野さんには、僕と虚淵さんで「ここから先、ゴジラ映画を見ないでください」と伝えました。そんな静野さんの「ゴジラが口から火吐くのはどうなのかな」とか、その視点でしか出てこないアイデアが、結果的に、「ゴジラ」シリーズを見たことがないような女性ファンがアニメ版ゴジラを見てくださっているという流れを生み出し、戦略目的は達成できています。もし僕と虚淵さんだけだったら、極端な話、メカゴジラシティが最後に合体して、全高1kmのメカゴジラになってますよ(笑)。そこからはもう30分間、戦闘のみです。指から目から鼻から、ビーム、ミサイルが飛んで、あとは首が回転したり、あらゆるギミックが……(笑)。

Director Hiroyuki Seshita says at the end, if it was just him and Urobuchi (The other director hates SF/Monster movies), we would have gotten a 1km Mechagodzilla fighting Goji for 30 minutes.

>https://gigazine.net/news/20181108-godzilla-the-planet-eater-interview/
>>
>>16979408
this is /m/, full of hardcore weebs and contrarians (the former being a staple of every board), of course a sizeable portion here hates it
>>
What went wrong with the anime trilogy? Not only do people not like them, they are pretty big financial failures with city on the edge making less than a million dollars.
>>
>>16979631
*the latter
>>
>>16979634
It was originally a TV series that they chopped up into 3 movies, it's not really a financial failure.
But it's not successful either.
Consider it like the seasonal, original anime that does okay and never gets any sequels.
>>
>>16979634
>city on the edge making less than a million dollars
City made almost $1 million on its opening weekend. Even at absolute worst, I highly doubt it ended its theatrical run with less than a million. I'd expect it to reached $2 million or a little above. $3 million potentially. These films aren't failures. Toho has definitely recouped what it cost to make them.
>>
>>
>>16980015
Post impressions afterwards. Unpopular opinion: I'm excited about this movie.
>>
>>16979850
The Netflix deal must have given them a couple million dollars too, there's no way that the movies were a failure.
>>
>>16978970
AS weird as the King Ghidorah design is I actually like it, somehow I liked the idea of him being some sort of ethereal dragon abomination and that trailer is actually pretty cool
>>
File: CUTE.webm (1.29 MB, 1280x720)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB WEBM
>>
>>16979340
I think these books started the rumor.

https://www.amazon.com/Godzilla-Monsters-Ian-Thorne/dp/0913940682
>>
>>16980015
Please spoil us afterwards, senpai. I'm really digging the new Lovecraftian angle they went for with Ghidorah being an otherworldly presence. Hopefully the fight is a good one.
>>
Watched it.

Ghidorah is from another universe and obeys different laws of physics. His presence warps space and time so that people look at signals telling them they’re already dead and aside from the gravity waves he cannot be observed through any means aside from sight (computers just say there’s nothing wrong). He’s just heads popping out of singularities, the version in the toy above is only seen as a silhouette. Godzilla’s rays are warped by space and cannot hit him but things in this universe can’t do anything to him anyway (Godzilla’s physical attacks just pass right through).

Mothra appears but only as a silhouette in a vision. Looks pretty standard Mothra.

Haruo gets Maina (not Miana) pregnant and then runs away.
>>
>>16980252
Ghidorah has to be anchored in this universe through someone in it observing it. Haruo pokes Metphies’ eye out and physics take hold of Ghidorah and Godzilla oneshots each head instantly (Ghidorah is technically not dead, just banished back to his universe). He punches one, rips one’s jaw off, and beams the last one and its singularity at the same time before beaming the other two singularities. He does nothing impressive. Ghidorah’s only attack is to bite him.
>>
>>16980252

Since a like the twins, as long they survive, I can live with everything else
>>
>>16980258
jobbers gonna job
>>
>>16980258
Wait, if he can only be anchored by someone looking at him, how does blinding that person lock him down?
>>
>>16980258
I kinda figured King G would job going from the design.

Is it an open ending or does it wrap everything up completely?
>>
>>16980272
I expected him to be banished instantly, yeah, it makes no sense but I guess it was the bare minimum of action needed for the movie.

I’ll post full spoilers and pamphlet pics when I get hime.
>>
>>16979165
Big kaiju, image for ants.
>>
>>16980278
Seems pretty closed. They COULD make a sequel if they wanted but it would need a new generation of characters and a complete thematic shift.
>>
File: 1121812011.jpg (43 KB, 768x432)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>16980252
Did you like it?

>Haruo gets Maina (not Miana) pregnant and then runs away.
Why did he choose Maina? Does Miana die? Where does he go? Does Metphies have feelings for Haruo?
>>
>>16980286
Metphies has “feelings” for him alright

Metphies turns Miana into soup and feeds her to Haruo in a dream but she turns out fine

I wanted to like it and I kind of did up till the conclusion. I liked the previous two. But this one (and thus the whole series) is kind of a big mess in the end.
>>
>>16979302
I wonder why they chose Battra of all monsters for Godzilla's "noteworthy enemies" section and why they chose the Terror Of Mechagodzilla version of Godzilla for the 1954 section
>>
>>16980258
Okay I'm home with access to a keyboard.

Let me start out with my thoughts: I wouldn't call this a bad movie. But I do recognise that a lot of people probably will, especially considering the bad reception the last two had. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's any worse than them, but I also recognise that people probably will. I'm actually also somewhat unsure myself as to whether or not it's worse.

It is also not in any way a good movie, that's for certain.

I would recommend this to:
-People who like Sakurai
-People who like Miyano
-People who like Sugita
-People who like BL
-People who like Cthulhu
-MAYBE people who like sci-fi

I would NOT recommend this to
-People who like Godzilla
-People who like kaijuu movies or tokusatsu in general
-People who like Hanazawa
>>
>>16980334
The movie starts off with them checking out Yuuko. Her heart's still going so she's technically alive, but only because the nanometal is keeping her going. Martin makes it clear that she's brain-dead and will never wake up.

Meanwhile on the ship the Bilsald are furious about Haruo ruining everything and want him executed. The humans say that all that happened was the Bilsald showing their true colours with Mecha Godzilla as an invasion weapon and them wanting to assimilate all of mankind against their will. The captain himself is indecisive and the Exif guy doesn't give a shit and just walks away while they're arguing. The Bilsald eventually take over the engine room in a mutiny and cut power to the ship so that it's running on secondary batteries.

Meanwhile on Earth, Metphies starts getting all religion and stirring up the survivors, who are saying that Haruo and other people who were touched by the nanometal and survived did so because it was the power of god. Martin tells Haruo that it's pretty clear that the people who survived the nanometal were all treated by the Futsua and it's clear that the Futsua did something that made them resistant to it, but he's too afraid to speak out. Haruo confronts Metphies about it but is told that this is necessary to defeat Godzilla.
>>
(I remember the specific scenes but might be getting the order of some wrong)

>>16980343
Martin gets word about the mutiny and tells Haruo about it, and tells him to go run away and hide himself, with him missing the people on the ship might be able to take some time out and cool down. Miana agrees to help out with this, bringing Haruo to the hideout he woke up in previously.

Meanwhile on the ship the Exif guy is also going religion on people there too. Also it turns out that Metphies is the oracle of the Exif and their real leader; The leader guy on the ship follows his orders.

Haruo talks with Miana in the hideout. The Futsua have no concept of hate, and to them to "win" is to "survive" and "make life", while to "lose" is to "die" or "disappear". She wants to win (i.e. make life) with him but can't figure out to take off his suit and he rejects her for now and goes to sleep. While he's sleeping she figures out how to take off his suit and he recalls that Miana had previously took his suit off before and this is actually Maina. He asks her why she's helping him and she says it's beause he's losing.

Meanwhile the actual Miana confronts Metphies, figuring out that he was suspicious because he remained silent in his mind to the Futsua all this time, something that he could only achieve if he was also telepathic: He was eavesdropping on the Futsua all along. He vaguely reveals his plans and she tries to run away but he catches her.

Haruo has a dream where he talks to Metphies, who feeds him some soup. He then looks into the soup pot to find that the soup was Miana. He wakes up next to Maina (both are naked, clearly having just "won") and she says that Miana is in trouble.

Metphies feeds the soup to the followers, saying that even though the pot is empty, the soup is not gone, they drank it and it is now part of them, having become one with something greater. They too shall become one with something greater than any individual.
>>
>>16979042
whoa there is a manga??
>>
>>16980357
I'm kind of forgetting the order of events in the middle of the film but Haruo confronts Metphies in front of the pot and is told about Ghidorah, and there's a lot of religious brainwashing.

Anyway Metphies eventually gathers his followers together to summon Ghidorah, who appears as a shadow which eats the followers' shadows which results in them actually being eaten. Very Cthulhu. People being eaten see visions of Ghidorah as a silhouette of a three-headed dragon with wings. (presumably >>16979295 seen from the front). The followers on the ship pray at the same time.

A singularity appears above the ship and one head, seemingly infinitely long, reaches down and circles it multiple times. Everything in the ship goes wrong with space and time being warped: People on the bridge yell at the Bilsald in the engine room to start the engine back up (they can't get it to work again) only for an operator to say that the engine room had already been destroyed forty seconds ago. They detect the loss of their own life signs before Ghidorah bites into the bridge and destroys the ship.

Three singularities appear on Earth and three heads pop out and attack Godzilla. None of the machines can detect anything from them but gravity waves. When Godzilla shoots a heat ray and it's deflected by warped space, sensors indicate that the ray wasn't even warped. Godzilla can't even touch Ghidorah, passing right through, but Ghidorah can one-sidedly attack Godzilla. All three heads bite Godzilla, as if the shield didn't exist, and Godzilla can do nothing to Ghidorah. He tries the molecular vibration thing but all the heat vanishes despite the molecules still vibrating. Martin concludes that Ghidorah must be from another universe that runs by different physics entirely, and is being anchored to this world by someone here.
>>
>>16980367
Fuck this is actually very Lovecraftian. I'm digging it even if the rest of the movie is a disaster. This is some Call of Cthulhu shit. First time seeing this take on space Ghidorah.
>>
>>16980371
I can dig it.
>>
File: Sin título 021.jpg (132 KB, 1366x768)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>16980286
>>
>>16980367
Haruo confronts Metphies, who now has bleeding palms and has his right eye replaced with the stone with the Ghidorah symbol thing, glowing gold. Miana is fine, tied to some sticks. Metphies touches Haruo and shows him visions of how everything is fated for destruction and tells him about how the Exif, at the peak of their civilisation, tried to calculate eternity so that they would last forever but found that the universe is finite and everything is fated to be destroyed, and their conclusion was to find something beyond destruction which was sacrificing their entire planet to Ghidorah, save for the few priests who spread across the universe to spread this "blessing". He wants Haruo to accept Ghidorah and become a proper anchor for him (it's unclear why this is needed since Ghidorah seems to be doing perfectly fine without Haruo) and has been watching over him all this time for this reason. The Exif have also been watching over mankind for long before the monsters even showed up, intervening time to time since the dawn of civilisation. Metphies also shows Haruo visions of dead people like Leland and Yuuko asking why he won't give in. It also turns out that he's the one who blew up the shuttle at the beginning of the series (having given a bomb belt to a follower who got on it) but all the old people who died on the shuttle appears as visions to Haruo saying that they wanted this to happen, and this is salvation.
>>
File: Yuma fear.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>16980367
Well that sounds terrifying
>>
>>16980378
Maina senses what's going on and brings Martin to Mothra's egg and they touch it, which sends Mothra (only seen as a silhouette, though it does seem to be a 3D model) into Haruo's visions (they also speak to him directly). Haruo sees a vision of his parents talking about his name coming from "haru" meaning "spring": Though it's currently winter for the world spring will surely come again. He wakes up and pokes Metphies' glowing eye out. Ghidorah starts to lose his glow and machines can suddenly pick up everything. Godzilla punches one head, rips another's jaw off, and heat rays the last (they dissipate into energy), and heat rays all three singularities into nothing. The heat rays also blow all the clouds away so it's sunny.

Metphies has some last words that I honestly can't remember but were probably about Ghidorah winning in the end and Haruo hugs his body and cries (it's unclear why he dies).

There's a timeskip montage. The remaining humans integrate with the Futsua, burying their weapons and wearing Futsua garb. Maina is very pregnant. It's spring and Maina takes Haruo to see a field of flowers, and he tells her how his name is taken from the word "spring"

Some time later Martin brings Haruo to the last intact Vulture and tells him that he's gotten it working. They can take control of the nanometal, which can replicate any form of technology, and rebuild society. Haruo's right eye hurts and he hears Metphies' voice telling him that one day civilisation will reach a level ripe for harvest: Time is on "their" (Ghidorah's) side.
>>
>>16980384
Haruo goes to where Yuuko is sleeping and takes her body. Miana tries to stop him but fails. He gets into the Vulture with Yuuko and charges at Godzilla, yelling him to burn away the last of the curse of hate. Godzilla heat rays the Vulture before it can even get close. Credits roll.

Post-credits is a bunch of Futsua children, some clearly mixed with humans (different hair colours) doing some ritual and making wishes praying to an effigy of what may or may not be the Vulture (= Haruo?).

The end.

Like I said before this movie is WEIRD.
>>
>>16980385
I don't even know what they were going for with this ending. At least I liked the Cthulhu-like take on Ghidorah I guess.
>>
>>16980385
I want to say that I did very much like Ghidorah's visuals (the head circling around the ship, the three singularities, his glowing gold in the middle of a massive storm, and the winged silhouette were all pretty cool). I liked his face's multi-eye design too.

Unfortunately Ghidorah doesn't actually do anything besides circle around and bite things. There is yellow lightning but mostly as an environmental thing.

Godzilla also doesn't do anything new aside from a regular karate chop which looked very much like a real actual karate chop which seemed kind of out of place. It's just melee, heat rays, and a failed vibration attempt.

The movie is mostly about learning how to stop hating, and about Haruo and Metphies. It is not at all about the monsters. I don't think there's anyone left doing so after Mecha Godzilla CITY, but don't watch this for the monsters.
>>
>>16980389
I actually saw an article with Urobuchi talking about the ending before watching the movie but didn't read it. I'll go read it later.
>>
File: DriMBCsV4AAEVFM.jpg (161 KB, 1200x900)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>16980357
>He vaguely reveals his plans and she tries to run away but he catches her.
>>
File: star devourer.jpg (3.42 MB, 2472x4476)
3.42 MB
3.42 MB JPG
>>16980403
Fuck the captcha and cooldown I'm not posting these one by one

Futsua village map, Ghidorah design x4, Ghidorah biting Godzilla, Ghidorah about to bite the bridge, Ghidorah circling the ship, Metphies' glowing eye, Ghidorah circling Godzilla

No pictures of Mothra in the book
>>
>>16980410
I'm liking the sound of The Planet Eater a lot. Lovecraft Ghidorah sounds awesome. Thanks for the info, anon. It will probably end up being one of my favorite Godzilla films if the execution can, at minimum, match that of the last one.
>>
>>16980420
>the monster is invincible and you have to kill the human priest doing the summoning

LITERALLY cthulhu, sasuga urobutcher
>>
>Haruo gets moth girl pussy instead of space elf boy pussy

Eh, that's still pretty good.
>>
>>16980395
Also want to say that the dialogue is great and the voice actor performances (Sakurai especially) are fantastic.

It's unfortunate that from what I've seen on Netflix the translations are pretty bad. Also the English title is "Planet Eater", seriously? With all the better-sounding synonyms they could chose from they went with that?
>>
>>16980396
Well fuck I didn't save the article and now I can't find it.
>>
https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2122744/full/

Interview with Shizuno, Seshita and Urobuchi.

Seshita says it was TOHO that told them from the beginning of the project that it was NOT to be about kaiju fights. Urobuchi wrote his script on this basis. Shizuno had barely seen Godzilla movies to begin with and came up with "interesting ideas" like "does he really have to breathe fire". As a result they did succeed in getting to new fanbases, especially younger women.

Shizuno barely watched tokusatsu films and so didn't have any preconceptions on what a Godzilla film "should be like".

Seshita says that if it were just him and Urobuchi, Mecha Godzilla City would have probably ended with the entire city combining and standing up to form a 1 km tall Mecha Godzilla.

Urobuchi wanted to have all of the turrets turn into Mecha Godzilla heads but Shizuno stopped it from happening.

Seshita says that if it weren't for Shizuno, the Exifs would probably all have worn sunglasses like the Xians.
>>
Sounds weak. Not surprised though. This whole project seemed very mismanaged.
>>
> knocking up the wrong twin
> Miana is soup but not really
> Miana is crucified but not really
> Shrodinger’s Ghidorah
> Mothra is just a hallucination
> Haruo is the messiah
> dude fuck technology ayylmao
The fuck is with this movie
Ghidorah at least sounds neat
>>
This shit could have been avoided if somebody had Bright Slapped Haruo when he considered turning the ship around.
>>
>>16980485
>> Haruo is the messiah
I forgot to mention: Metphies is the one with the stigmata but he transfers them to Haruo in the visions when he's trying to brainwash him.
>>
>>16980385
So Haruo an heroes at the end? Grim.
>>
>>16980489
Not really. The Exifs were playing the long con. The humans and even the Bilsards were their puppets from the start. Even if somehow slapped Haruo, that someone would have conveniently committed suicide or had an accident so Haruo would be back on course. I think the Exifs were always planning on going back to Earth so Ghidorah can wipe it all out in one go. Apparently they also needed the humans to convert to their cult or otherwise they would've summoned Ghidorah in deep space while on Aratrum.
>>
>>16980453
Urobuchi says that the ending was as planned from the beginning, and that everything in the series went according to the script. Also he started by writing the final line (I guess Haruo's line screaming at Godzilla to burn away the curse/his hate?) before writing the rest of the script to lead up to it.

Interview with Miyano, Sakurai, and Seshita
https://news.biglobe.ne.jp/entertainment/1109/ani_181109_0566639075.html

Sakurai says that he loved Ghidorah as a kid.

Seshita says that the longest Ghidorah neck seen in the movie is 20 km, then says that it might have been longer than that.

The key visual of Metphies holding Haruo is supposed to be based on Michelangelo's Pietà. (So yeah, >>16980485 >> Haruo is the messiah )

Seshita says that Metphies has nothing but true love.
>>
When is the netflix release ? 2019?
>>
It it will be 60 minutes of indistinguishable characters yammer and pulling science terms out of their asses. Then some monster fights or other action crucial to the plot will occur off camera. The last 5 minutes will finally show Godzilla fucking up some sort of trap while the humans have to evac the planet.
>>
https://twitter.com/Weisskaiser/status/1060785762109612035
>>
>>16980453
Why would Toho bring two big Godzilla otaku on board only to not let them do what they want?

Anyways, the movies aren't really about Kaiju but just ideas brought up by having kaiju inhabiting the same world as humans.
The entire summary makes it look like an allegorical movie.

>>16980385
So Godzilla doesn't die?
>>
>>16980551
And this, my friends, is a literal retard.
>>
A cult leader sacrifices his followers to summon a god from a higher dimension that follows different laws of physics and warps time and space just being there.

The protagonist succeeds in stopping the ceremony and banishing the god but is too corrupted by the god and ends up having to kill himself.

Yeah now that I think about it that was pretty Cthulhu, huh.

Looks like I'm not the only one who thought it, I'm seeing other people saying it on twitter. One says that Godzilla is a Great Old One, Mothra is an Elder God, and Ghidorah is an Outer God. Sounds about right.

>>16980597
>So Godzilla doesn't die?
Nope. Mankind has to just forget about him and let go of their hate.
>>
>>16980604
It's pretty grim. At first I thought it will be about human triumph but it's actually humbling.
Man can't beat nature, and they succeed, it's only temporarily until a timeless being will harvest the entire civilization.
>>
>>16980610
Apparently it's only inevitable if civilisation reaches a certain level, which is why Haruo takes the Vulture and Yuuko to destroy the remaining nanometal so that Martin can't use it to make stuff.

So tl;dr technology is evil, live in mud huts and you'll be fine
>>
>>16980385
What a clusterfuck.
>>
>>16980616
It's not that technology is evil, he can't trust humans to use it well.
Still a defeatist perspective all the same.
>>
File: 1539452437772.jpg (161 KB, 1280x944)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>16980357
So the twin sister just want to mate and get pregnant to have babies ?
>>
>What if we make a Godzilla movie part Hamlet part Cthulhu lmao

We got something nobody asked for. But, I appreciate the effort, especially after reading interviews.
>>
>>16980623
Good female characters by anime standards.
>>
>>16979155
Don't forget he tanked the Permian Mass Extinction Asteroid at point-blank range
>>
File: 39254098971_bc6af49ca4_o.jpg (1.02 MB, 2048x1395)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
>>16979165
>>16980282
>>
>Cthulhu Ghidorah

I never knew I wanted this but it sounds fuckin great
>>
File: Spoiler Image (4 KB, 299x168)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
BOW BEFORE THE INEVITABLE DEATH OF THE UNIVERSE
THE EATER OF PLANETS, THE DEVOURER OF WORLDS
THE GOLDEN END
>>
>>16980681
>seafood dragon
>banana dragon
perhaps the thing we truly fear the most is our food plotting against us
>>
>>16979624
Man, I want those two on another Godzilla movie/project.
>>
>>16980692
Not if Toho continues to be embarrassed by its own legacy.
>>
What are nips saying about the movie online?
>>
>>16980704
They love it
>>
>>16980704
They hate it.
>>
>>16980704
They're ok with it
>>
>>16980618
This isn't anything new for Urobuchi. The man's known for having defeatist themes in most of his stories, even the more optimistic ones. Fate/Zero, Madoka and Saya no Uta all have this sort of perspective where even people with the best of intentions fuck up royally and live/die in regret. For a mecha show similar to the Godzilla trilogy also done by Urobuchi see Gargantia which ends optimistically but also has the same defeatist perspective where humans ultimately fail to use technology well and the MC's mecha self-destructs so MC and the humans can live in peace in a world without the advanced tech.
>>
>>16980334
>-People who like BL

They really went that route? Jesus.
>>
Butcher really needs to stop with showing Cthulhu everywhere.
>>
>>16980453
We have to murder that Shizuno clown, goddamn
>>
>>16980453
>especially younger women
The relationship between Haruo and Metphies is probably the most interesting thing those movies gave us.
>>
>>16980385
Further details from the movie pamphlet say that survivors from the end of the second move on the ground were about 30. Survivors at the end of this one are 10. Since the ship got wrecked that's all that's left of old mankind (aside from the other missing ship mentioned in the first movie).
>>
>>16980846

Godzilla wins.
>>
>>16980853
Haruo fucked up bad. If only he didn't turn the ship around, if only he agreed to set up a colony on the moon, if only he retreated back to Aratrum after the Godzilla Earth reveal. Humanity would've survived without needing to interbreed with the moths and the Exifs wouldn't have gotten the opportunity to go full religious nutcase. In the end he didn't even achieve what he set out to do. Godzilla is still alive and even fucking kills him in the end. Haruo was a retard who singlehandedly wiped out old mankind.
>>
>>16980901
Nah, the Exif would still manipulate everything to summon King Ghidorah, their objective was to kill humanity and Godzilla
>>
>>16980252
>Haruo gets Maina (not Miana) pregnant and then runs away.
What a fucking prick
>>
>>16980334
>-People who like Sugita
>-People who like Godzilla
>-People who like kaijuu movies or tokusatsu in general
Well damn, I'm all 3
>>
>>16980371
I feel like this variation of ghidorah could be a completely different monster entirely which the whole lovecracftian theme going on
>>
>>16980931
Read the thread.
>>
>>16980510

>Urobuchi says that the ending was as planned from the beginning, and that everything in the series went according to the script. Also he started by writing the final line

Isn't that how he always does things? Come up with an end and then write up to it?
>>
>>16980453

What's the tone of this interview? Cause your write up makes it sound like Seshita basically said "Well me and Butch wanted to have fun, but this asshole said no."
>>
>>16980597

>Why would Toho bring two big Godzilla otaku on board only to not let them do what they want?

They did this with Anno too. He wasn't even supposed to be on set very much for Shin Godzilla. I think this was from interviews found in the Art of Shin Godzilla. Anno just showed up when they started filming and did whatever the fuck he felt like. Obviously, everything worked out in the end but it wasn't because of whatever Toho initially planned.
>>
>>16980978
It does sound incredibly rebellious for Japanese creators.
>>
>>16980334
>-MAYBE people who like sci-fi
You guys said this about the other two, and I found them completely underwhelming.
>>
File: Drkdra3U4AAKAug.jpg (129 KB, 1000x1040)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>
>>16980385
So it's another propaganda trainwrek anime
>>
>>16980623
Abe san is cleary forcing an agenda here.
>>
so how the hell does godzilla beat ghidorah?
>>
Why is toho so fucking stupid? How do they have so many loyalists who worship everything they do no matter what?
>>
>>16981137
retard
>>
File: yawn20big20funny.jpg (27 KB, 400x416)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
as expected this movie sounds as dreckful as the other two and what's worse is that the Japanese will eat it up mindlessly or otherwise keep their mouth shut and never criticize it if they didn't like it
>>
So he knocked up the twin that didn't love him?
>>
>>16980334
>-People who like Cthulhu
As someone that read a lot of HP Lovecraft this sounds like ass.
>>
>>16980367
Reminder that Urobuchi wrote Saya no Uta which is about a guy who falls in love with a Shoggoth, and introduced Cthulhu to Fate in Zero. If there's Lovecraft shit in this movie then it's definitely actual Lovecraft shit.
>>
>>16980453
Normally I blame Urobuchi for this shit, but now I know who to blame for these atrocious movies.
>>
>>16981159
Not really, reviews is mix bag and ticket sales is low
>>
>>16981193
>lower than the other two
Damn that's impressive
>>
>>16981193
>ticket sales is low
Assuming you're talking about The Planet Eater, where is this information coming from? Do you have numbers?If you're talking about overall, it's doing typical business for a small scale animated release from what I can tell.
>>
>>16980361
No. it's novels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4geo6O3pLgs&t=6s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS8Bcoz4oko&t=41s
>>
>>16981196
>>16981197
I talking about the whole trilogy, the first had wide release but it didn't made much money, the second just had limited release.
>>
>>16981197
He’s full of shit and planet eater hasn’t even been out for 24 hours yet.
>>
>>16981211
>limited release
>was shown in toho cinemas all over including kabukicho and major cinemas like shinjuku wald 9

Fuck off shitposter.
>>
>>16980453
>>16981199
Now it makes sense.
Toho didn't want any Kaiju in their kaiju films but the dedicated otaku they had on board made the autistic timeline/novels as a way to release their frustration.

The marketing was done all wrong to be honest.
>>
>>16981196
>movie not out for 24 hours
>retard claims “low ticket sales”
>wow he must be right!

How does it feel to be this retarded?
>>
File: 1532195623937.jpg (109 KB, 588x823)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>16981150
>>16981159
>>16981193
>>
>>16979016
>>Doesn't know Kong's grown to Godzilla's size by this point and kept all his advantages
We se his parents skeletons and they're not that much bigger than him, maybe 50% larger tops - which would put him up to Godzilla's hypothetical belly button.
The whole matchup is retarded, what worked in the sixties as campy action comedy, won't fly as semi-realistic, grounded universe they're going for with this trilogy.. Even Kongs size is ridiculous - his whole stick as opposed to Godzilla, who's a walking natural disaster - was was that he could interact with people on a personal level, it's just dumb wank when you HAVE to balloon him to be hundreds of feet tall to be a legitimate challenge, because the current Godzilla is a 360ft tall monstrosity - which actually breaks the setting, because his natural living environment ends up barely reaching up to his kneecaps.

And that's not even going into the fact that there's no way you can make Kong look legit, coming of the heels that's the Apocalypse called Ghidorah without diving into outright retardation. But you know they will, because even once they inevitably team up - he needs to able to do more than just stand there.
>>
>>16981137
They turn ghidorah ghost mode off and he turns out to be a gigantic pussy in a fair fight.
>>
>>16981211
Planet of the Monsters and City on the Edge of Battle had only 1/3 of the screens Shin Godzilla (a major release) had and I doubt The Planet Eater's release was any larger. They're experimental films thrown into theaters at the last minute to generate a few more bucks on top of what Toho was already getting from Netflix. I don't think Toho ever expected them to do gangbusters. Financial disappointments? Maybe. But calling them failures is blatant agenda pushing.
>>
>>16981211
Not limited release, but general lack of interest. Not even the Japanese like these very much. Japanese twitter is mostly ambivalent to this one, and the last one opened at number 8 opening weekend and was killed by Peter rabbit and rampage.

I won’t be shocked if part 3 underperforms Terror of Mechagodzilla
>>
>>16981199
There's also a manga Anon

https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Godzilla:_Planet_of_the_Monsters_(manga)
>>
File: Drjov2hU8AEF-K8[1].jpg (121 KB, 1200x675)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
The entire movie is metaphorical.
Even the fight scenes.
>>
I have a question? Did a golden Godzilla appear in this? The merchandise is making it look as if so.
>>
Has anyone heard anything about an SH MonsterArts Scarlet Godzilla Earth? Will all the repaints and slightly-altered sculpts they've been releasing alongside their new ones, I was hoping we'd get one of that. Partially so I can justify getting another SH MonsterArts animegoji since i already got the 2017 release, which is slightly different to the the 2018 release, which looks a little better IMHO
>>
>>16981357
Nope

Presumably it’s supposed to be godzilla illuminated by ghidorah but it looks like a lazy attempt at reusing old moulds (that merch is exactly the same as the first movie’s except for colour and logos)
>>
>>16981294
>ambivalent
Searching アニゴジ and 90% are positive.
>>
File: imagesYG1GXQLW.jpg (7 KB, 225x225)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
Hey guys, Dman1954 here to tealk about how the anime movies are literally perfect
>>
>>16980604
it would be OK to say that mankind has to just ignore Godzilla or learn to deal with him in most of the previous movies but this particular Godzilla intentionally wiped out mankind and has a killing intent, the moral being 'stop da hate' seems a bit misplaced.
>>
>>16981395
How is the new generation supposed to survive since Godzilla seems to be intent on killing everyone he sees
>>
>>16981395
Godzilla seems to be the will of earth itself removing mankind because of pollution.
>>
>>16980604
>let go of their hate
He purposefully killed 99.999% of humanity, they have a pretty damn good reason to hate him
>>
>>16980334
Fuck I like all of those except for BL and KanaHana.
>>
>>16981395
This Godzilla is more akin to '54 Godzilla, as in it stands for humanity's mistake. Only taken to the extreme.

Whether they chose to fight it like Haruo wants or to join it like the aliens did, it would only make things worse.
Picking the neutral path and choosing to survive instead of fight or succumb to it might be the best choice. As a result, humans will never be able to erase their mistakes, and can only hope to survive in spite of them.
>>
>>16981395
Those movies are a storytelling nonsense.
>>
>>
>>
>>
lol how can anyone like this shit
>>
>>
>>
>>16981382
That wasn’t the impression I got at the Godzilla fest premier 6 days earlier. Either way, it won’t do very well considering how badly city performed and how negative the reaction that they movie was and how that affected the general populations’ view of these films
>>
>>16981411
That's effectively what humanity was doing prior to the events of the movie, by living among the stars, so treating this like some epiphany makes the whole journey seem kind of superfluous.

>>16981420
I'm really inclined to feel this way as well.
>>
>>16981484
They aren't popular films to say the least, I think this one will be just as divisive. As even among the people who really liked the movie, the confrontation between the two kaiju isn't anything exciting.
It's not a traditional kaiju fight and the reason why it had to be that way is posted in this thread.

>>16981495
>That's effectively what humanity was doing prior to the events of the movie, by living among the stars, so treating this like some epiphany makes the whole journey seem kind of superfluous.

Not really, they were running away from their mistakes by abandoning their home.
Plus, they were relying on alien predictive technology that led them to Ghidora.
>>
>>16981520
>Not really, they were running away from their mistakes by abandoning their home.
As opposed to what? If they stay on earth and don't deal with Godzilla, aren't they just waiting to die?
>>
>planet eater ghidorah gets two of his heads one shotted

TRADITIONAL WIND AGAIN BABY
>>
File: pekora deep stare.png (256 KB, 439x615)
256 KB
256 KB PNG
>this Ghidorah doesn't shoot lightning beams from its mouth
What's the point of it being a dragon then?
>>
>>16981529
The Houtua have been doing just fine.
>>
>America:
Ghidorah is an apocalytic even that creates huge electrical hurricanes just by flying and can burn a hole in the stratosphere

Japan:
Ghidorah is a noodly bug dragon that is a pushover once he isn’t intangible anymore

What the fuck happened
>>
>>16981538
So humanity is just doomed to live in mud huts or else they are 'running from their mistakes'? Sometimes it's worth disregarding sentimentality if it means you can cut your losses.
>>
If Mothra could talk, KanaHana would be first choice in voice.
>>
>>16981539
>Ghidorah is an apocalyptic event that creates huge electrical hurricanes just by flying and can burn a hole in the stratosphere
>Ghidorah is an eldritch god that warps the fabrics of space and time by existing in this universe and can never be destroyed
>>
>>16981545
It’s only when he has his cult, once none of them are looking at him Godzilla literally punches one of his heads off

He is the biggest jobber in Godzilla history
>>
>>16981551
No, brainlet. King Ghidorah isn't from this universe and normally can't exist in it. He doesn't need his cult, he needs a specific tether to keep him in this universe. Without it, Godzilla didn't kill him, just sent him back to where he came from.
>>
>>16981556
By literally one shotting each head, he’s weak as fuck
>>
>>16981557
You IDIOT. Ghidorah CANNOT EXIST in this universe without his tether. With that GONE, his existence is null. Godzilla attacking his heads at that point would be comparable to saying you won a fight with someone who had left the premises a few minutes earlier.
>>
>>
>>16981539
>muh power wars
Let this Ghidorah meet the needs of his universe and narrative.
>>16981433
How does anyone like Destoroyah?
>>
>>16981580
Literally a retelling of Hamlet.
>>
>>16981580
if you post more outdated memes, r/godzilla browsers are gonna fill this thread with their oc garbage
>>
I take back any negative thing I’ve ever said about heisei ghidorah being made by 3 rats, holy shit what a waste
>>
>>16981551
>>16981556
You fuckers are saying the same shit with different words.
>>
File: 1492486633838.jpg (67 KB, 680x1020)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>tfw you lived long enough for Toho to make worse Godzilla films than Godzilla '98
>>
>>16981745
Godzilla's Revenge & King Kong vs Godzilla are worse then 98 at the bare minimum.
98 has a lot going for it.
>>
>>16981745
i wouldn't go that far. g98 was barely a godzilla movie and godzillas revenge was barely a movie
>>
File: 1479669208354.jpg (52 KB, 500x500)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>16981750
>this is how desperate Monster Planet shills are
>>
>>16981750
>Godzilla's Revenge
yep

>KKvsG
fuck no

>98 has a lot going for it.
the first act. the score and Reno are outstanding
>>
>>16981752
I haven't seen any of the anime films, hate the 3D animation.

Revenge has no pros.
KKvsG has only the octopus battle. Kong & G suits are dreck, city sets are all weak except the castle at the end.

98 has...
> Great military sequences. Sub battle is phenomenal.
> Wonderful score.
> CGI for the adult G holds up surprisingly well.
> Jean Reno being cool and mysterious.
> Nick is a acceptably likable lead.
> Nice build up without going too far like the 2014 film did (note I liked the 2014 film).
And some other stuff.
>>
>>16981750
> KKvG worse than G98
You are an actual fucking pleb and have no taste whatsoever
>>
>>16981769
Hate the tone of the human characters.
Godzilla is portrayed as mentally stupid.
G suit is lame, hands and spines are all oversized and balloon like. Head is ok from the size, terrible from the front.
Worst prop tanks of the series.
Kong suit is trash (altho not as bad as the suit from Kong Escapes)

2 more pros to KKvsG...
> The iceberg escape sequence but then they ruin that connection to Raids Again by the dialogue acting like Godzilla has never been seen before.
> The Japanese navy being all like "lol no, fuck no dude" when they try and bring Kong to Japan.
>>
File: Godzilla dancing.gif (1.87 MB, 500x408)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB GIF
>>16981750
>>16981767
>>16981779
Retards.
>>
>>16981767
>watching the murrican edit

based Takko is even funnier in it, but come on
>>
>>16981783
meant for >>16981779
>>
>>16981783
I was told Toho lost the original cut of the film?
>>
>>16981745
>Godzilla films worse than 98
>Implying Godzilla VS Hedorah and Godzilla VS Megalon were better than 98.
>>
>>16981745
This fandom is painfully overdramatic and will look back in embarrassment about how it reacted to these films. Especially with the trash it holds in high regard.
>>
>>16981788
Hedorah was great aside from the overlong final battle and G flying.
>>
>>16981793
yeah G v Smog Monster is crazy as fuck but it's one of the few after 54 where the monster is a stand-in for a problem humanity faced, and it straight-up kills people onscreen.
>>
File: tako.gif (1.22 MB, 400x173)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB GIF
>>16981787
you what now.

is this some "japanese ending" shitposting you're trying to pull of?
>>
File: Floyd_Lawton.jpg (218 KB, 1920x1080)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
God I wish Madhouse had done the Godzilla anime, their Marvel anime were decent as was Batman Gotham Knight, Highlander the search for vengeance & Baonetta Bloody Fate.
A non 3d animation style similar to pic related would have been nice.
>>
>>16981781
DANCE OFF BRO! ME AND YOU!
>>
>>16981789
>You'll be sorry! You'll all be sorry!
>>
>>16981803
No, I know they re edited the international cut into something approximating the original but I was told it still was not the same and still didn't get the salary man comedy aspect the original was meant to have.
>>
>>16981789
its entertaining and highly rewatchable trash, unlike the trilogy
>>
>>16981745
1998 is not a Godzilla film, it's just a Fathoms remake. Pretty fun thing. Those anime movies are just cancer.
>>
>>16981816
>it's just a Fathoms remake
words spoken by every true kino-connoisseur in 1954 and 1956
>>
>>16981811
how does two cuts of the international version negate the existence of the original one again?
>>
>>16981825
> The original Japanese version of King Kong vs. Godzilla is infamous for being one of the most poorly-preserved tokusatsu films. In 1970, director Ishiro Honda prepared an edited version of the film for the Toho Champion Festival, a children's matinee program that showcased edited re-releases of older kaiju films along with cartoons and then-new kaiju films. Honda cut twenty-four minutes from the film's original negative, and as a result, the highest quality source for the cut footage was lost. For years all that was thought to remain of the uncut 1962 version was a faded, heavily damaged 16mm element from which rental prints had been made. 1980s restorations for home video integrated the 16mm deleted scenes into the 35mm Champion cut, resulting in wildly inconsistent picture quality.[65]

> In 1991, Toho issued a restored laserdisc incorporating the rediscovery of a reel of 35mm trims of the deleted footage. The resultant quality was far superior to previous reconstructions, but not perfect; an abrupt cut caused by missing frames at the beginning or end of a trim is evident whenever the master switches between the Champion cut and a 35mm trim within the same shot. This laserdisc master was utilized for Toho's 2001 DVD release with few changes.[61]

> In 2014, Toho released a new restoration of the film on Blu-Ray, which utilized the 35mm edits once again, but only those available for reels 2-7 of the film were able to be located. The remainder of video for the deleted portions was sourced from the earlier Blu-Ray of the U.S. version, in addition to the previous 480i 1991 laserdisc master.[61] On July 14, 2016, a 4K restoration of a completely 35mm sourced version of the film aired on The Godzilla First Impact,[66][67] a series of 4K broadcasts of Godzilla films on the Nihon Eiga Senmon Channel.[68]
>>
>>16981812
Nah.
Most of Godzilla movies are legit bad, yeah, they are fun in guilty pleasure, MSTK3K sorta-kinda way, but objectively - they're really poor
The only movies in this franchise that I consider legit good movies capable of standing on their own merits, if with obvious mandatory watching of the original, and 84 in case of vs. Bio. -.are the Original, Mothra vs. Godzilla, Godzilla 84, Godzilla vs. Biollante, GMK and Shin.

No matter the missteps - i will at least give this trilogy credit for trying to do something new and fresh with the properties, instead of continuing the endless regurgitation of nostalgia-bait, committee crafted movies that most of the late showa, heisei and millenium consisted of.
>>
The Planet Eater is expected to match the opening weekend numbers of the Planet of the Monsters with $1.1 million. Provided it performs in the same neighborhood as its predecessors, the trilogy should end with $6-$9 million.
>>
>>16981836
I don't see how people give the anime characters and writing such a hard time compared to what they normally get.
>>
File: 1538780943685.jpg (456 KB, 1209x1054)
456 KB
456 KB JPG
>Have full access to all the techniques and potential the animation medium has to offer
>Could've used this to animate visually entertaining monster fights without any of the limitations that suitmation and live-action/cgi have
>Focus on the humans instead
>Have like, 15-20 minutes of Godzilla screentime across the entire trilogy
>Fights are literally "Godzilla swats at things and then shoots something out of mouth"
This story should've just been a manga. At least then you can tell the story you want to tell without making it feel as though you're wasting the potential of the medium you're telling it through.
>>
File: G14.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>16981849
>Have full access to all the techniques and potential CGI has to offer
>Could've used this to animate visually entertaining monster fights without any of the limitations that suitmation has
>Have 10 minutes of Godzilla in a 2hr movie
>Most of the screen time is hardly visible and too scattered to have much impact
>>
We live in a world where one of the incarnations of the Mothra twins fucking rapes someone

How does that make you feel?

>>16981857
>Whataboutisms
Tohofags fuck off, I can't wait for them to kill the Godzilla series again for the fourth time
>>
>>16981867
>a world
>one of
>incarnations
completely inconsequential.

it does make me feel hard tho
>>
>>16981867
I'm not in love with the anime trilogy. But people are making asinine complaints about these movies to pretend they're the worst things ever, ignoring how most of the criticisms are equally or more applicable to others Godzilla films they're perfectly okay with. A limited release is not going to kill the franchise. And you seem to forget that a commitment to safe, formulaic films is what led to the last time the series died.
>>
>>16981767

> Great military sequences. Sub battle is phenomenal.
> CGI for the adult G holds up surprisingly well.

If you honestly believe this, you are out of your fucking mind.
>>
>>16981820

>1954 comes out today

"Ogata is a boring protagonist!"
"That dance number was stupid!"
"The effects are inconsistent!"
"Not enough monster battles!"
"Godzilla lost to fucking bubbles!"
>>
Is there anything more pathetic than anime trilogy shills?
>>
>>16981919
>movie implies dinosaurs walked the earth as recent as two million years ago
*ding!*
>>
>>16981915
Explain what in the actual fuck is wrong with the sub battle?
The CGI for the babies I agree sucks but for the adult it's just fine.
>>
>Toho tried modern animation and failed
>Tsuburaya did the same thing, succeeded
The fuck?
>>
He consented offscreen.
R memes all the way
Godzilla is action drama scifi with existential horror thrown in. They should know that by now.
>>
>>16981959
explain
>>
>>16981991
He means Kaiju Girls, obviously.
>>
>>16981991
>>16982002
SSSS.Gridman is hot shit in Nip right now.
>>
>>16982002
>>16982008
cool!

if you have any other related animation recs, don't sit on it lads
>>
>>16981745
>>16981750
>>16981752
>>16981767
>>16981779
>>16981788
>>16981849
>>16981867
Fucking embarrassing. At this point I shouldn't be surprised but damn this fandom is filled with idiots who only care about whether or not they like the interpretation of monsters, suit designs, their fights, screentime, etc. and other meaningless bullshit meant to appeal to popcorn munching kids. I'm so glad the anime shit is pissing so many autists, you guys are Sonic fandom levels of braindead. Enough with all of this "durrrr fucking tohofags" shit to dismiss anybody who isn't throwing a shit fit over monster designs. And nobody is defending these movies on the basis that they're Japanese. They're bad but not because you think Ghidorah looks like a banana after looking at some cheap Bandai toy.

>>16981811
The original and complete Japanese cut is available on home video, there's just footage at the beginning that was only available from a 16mm print and thus looks bad. Watch the movie with accurate subtitles translated from a German release and you're gonna get the same salaryman satire that people watched back in 1962. You can ask SpaceHunterM on tumblr or on Toho Kingdom for those subs, I'm sure someone will provide them.
>>
File: kick.gif (2.92 MB, 600x339)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB GIF
>>16981959
How are you measuring failure and success? You cannot blindly judge two completely different works. AniGoji is a serious, slow-paced 3D OVA series and Gridman a colorful, light-hearted traditionally animated television series. Even if both were 10/10s, one is going to attract a much larger audience than the other. I enjoy both for different reasons.
>>
>>16982026
based
>>
>>16981893
This guy gets it.
>>
>>16981836

I'd say King Kong vs Godzilla, Ghidorah, Monster Zero, and Son of Godzilla are pretty well made films on their own right. KKvG is a pretty good satire that manages to transition pretty well between comedy and atmospheric moments of panic. You'd have these good comedic moments with Tako and the other male leads at one point, and then in another you'd have characters lamenting how monsters are basically unpredictable natural disasters and they don't know where to evacuate to. A lot of the good bits of comedic and serious dialogue are lost with the typical inaccurate fansubs, but if you can find good subs I'd say give it a rewatch. Aesthetically it also has really good camera work in both the drama and effects scenes. One moment in particular has a great tracking shot paired with a zoom that sells how frantic evacuation is. The only flaws when it comes to visuals are some bad bluescreens and the horrid Kong suit/puppets, but I think the sheer fun of the effects sequences make them easy to ignore.

Ghidorah is certainly much sloppier than MvG but the assassination plot with a prophetess is a fresh concept. At it's worst there's weird ideas that are introduced and then dropped and some bad effects, but it as a whole it works. Salno, Natsuki, and his sister all have fun interactions with each other.
>>
>>16982063
Continued

Monster Zero might have the best cast in the series, Adams, Takarada, Kubo, and Mizuno are all great actors and their characters hold your attention. It's a really fast paced film and the last 20 minutes are basically non stop action. It doesn't have a theme as strong as Mothra vs Godzilla or King Kong vs Godzilla, but everything between Adams and Mizuno's characters are enough for a movie that probably wasn't even aiming to be thematically charged.

Son of Godzilla has some ugly suits for Godzilla and Minya, but that doesn't detract from Fukuda's energetic directing, the casts and their interactions, nor Masaru Sato's score. Godzilla and Minya get some nice moments together and the puppet work with the insects is fantastic, and I'd say better than most of Tsuburaya's work.
>>
>>16982065
>Fukuda
I'd argue that his best directing can be found in Godzilla vs Gigan. But it has a lot of other problems plaguing it.

>Monster Zero
Underappreciated kino.
>>
>>16981183
Urobuchi wrote the lyrics to Demonbane's theme song and if given free reign he'd have filled the movie with people in trench coats and sunglasses doing gun-fu like some Final Wars shit.
>>
>>16981530
All three, the last one is a two-hit combo that one-shots the head and singularity at the same time actually.
>>
>>16981849
The thing is that Urobuchi is a writer, not a scriptwriter. He's great at coming up with ideas and the CONCEPT of Ghidorah in this is great, but the fight is just him biting Godzilla and latching on for fifteen minutes until Sakurai's eye gets poked, during which Sugita yells science stuff about how crazy Ghidorah is non-stop.

It's more like a too-faithful adaptation of a novel than a movie.
>>
>>16981959
>Tsuburaya got an anime studio that has made successful original anime before and a director who crazy loves Ultraman and told them to crazy

>Toho got a studio that makes CG adaptations of manga with people standing around derpfaced and a director who asks shit like "why does the Godziller have to breath fires???", and told them that they're not allowed to have kaiju battles
>>
>>16981070
Propaganda?
>>
>>16982063
>>16982065
What do you think of Sea Monster?
I find it to be really underrated and on par with Son, the jungle island setting in both films is comfy.
>>
>>16982297
It's a fun movie but pretty forgettable. I'd compare it to a Marvel popcorn flick. It's fine, just not much more than that. Really nice visuals here and there.
>>
>>16982314
yeah sea monster isn't bad but it feels more like a movie that happens to have godzilla in it than a godzilla movie
>>
>>16981849
This.

It's infuriating especially when the crossmedia lore is fucking awesome.

>You'll never see Godzilla destroying half a country, forcing people to run for their lives on other continents
>You'll never see Godzilla wrecks all the Kaijus on Earth, so fucking strong that they shit their pants and flee also
>You'll never see a French city overrun by an army of Zillas

And so on, it's so fucking disappointing. At least we still have the Legendary movies and future Toho movies.
>>
>>16981857
I liked G2014, but this movie has almost no rewatch value.

>Takes way too long to start
>Killing Cranston's character instead of putting him in coma or something for the sequels
>Boring main character
>Cutting the airport fight is like cutting the T-rex escapes in Jurassic Park, from a narrative point it's dumb
>Blue balling the audience in general
>>
>>16982371
>>16981849
Toho demanded that they
1) Do something nothing like Shin Godzilla
2) While not having any monster fights

And
3) Appointed a director who has never seen a kaiju movie and asks questions like "why does the godziller have to breaths fire??? hurr"

Urobuchi and Seshita can't do much if you tie up all their limbs, blindfold them, and then break all their limbs as well for good measure.
>>
>>16982374
The father should've been the main character. American soldier boy was a shit character who would've been painful to watch even as a side character let alone the protagonist, and his retarded family "stay in the city that all the monsters are attacking I'll go meet you there!" plot was just painful to watch.

I actually tried rewatching it last month, because of the soldier boy parts it does NOT hold up on rewatch. Even Monster Planet is more bearable on rewatch.
>>
>>16980497

He chose to sacrifice himself to make the last vestige of humanity's deal with the aliens go away for good so the people on earth can live free. Because they were so obsessed with killing Godzilla that they allied themselves with the kaiju of other races to do so.

Maina and Haruo's kid will live free from the mistakes of the past
>>
>>16982026
What the hell did you expect?
This Fandom is so retarded that they seriously think that you could just cut out the human element and have Godzilla carry the story for 100 minutes. They don't get that Godzilla is just an SFX and a fucking plot device meant to push the theme and make characters shine.
It's not an accident that the most revered movies in the franchise have the tightest story with the strongest core, human core.
Majority of this """Fandom""" doesn't really want a good movie, and just wants to see their action figures smack into each other for two hours straight( they bash G14 for "not enough m-monsters! While conveniently ignoring that it's smack in the middle as far as monster screen time is concerned) - just like every other time Toho ran the franchise into the ground.

I mean, I love the movies, most of them - for various different reasons, but I refuse to be associated with this bunch of screaming retards.
>>
>>16982377
Have you seen garbage like Gaim and Fate/Zero? I'd keep Urobuchi on a very short leash too.
>>
>>16982445
Those autists hail Final Wars as a fucking cinematic masterpiece when it's a load of nonsensical trash.

I hate those people.
>>
>>16982445
Hi Toho Kingdom, did anymore members on your forum commit suicide?
>>16982450
Minus the bad use of filters it is actually really good the second time viewing.
>>
>>16981919
>"Ogata is a boring protagonist!"
You say that sarcastically but there is merit to that.
>>
>>16982453
>tohokingdom
Are you retarded? They're the most retarded out the bunch, self righteous faggot s wanting shit for the sole reason that it's Japanese. Even more autistic than that r/GODZILLA shit-pit.
Majority of this """fandom""" has the attention span of a goldfish and wouldn't recognize quality if it bit them in the ass, that I learned the moment I took a look at it online, ages ago.
>>
>>16982445
>This Fandom is so retarded that they seriously think that you could just cut out the human element and have Godzilla carry the story for 100 minutes.
Death Kappa proved you can make half your movie about giant monsters in a city with little human drama and it turned out to be better than any Godzilla or Gamera movie (or even anything Toho or Daiei ever did for that matter). Also until someone actually attempts to do what you're whining about you cannot say that for certain.
>plot device
Using trope logic unironically shows mental deterioration on your end, use in-universe reasons only.
>It's not an accident that the most revered movies in the franchise have the tightest story with the strongest core, human core.
Wrong in all accounts, nobody remembers monster movies for mouth blabbering humans.
>Majority of this """Fandom""" doesn't really want a good movie, and just wants to see their action figures smack into each other for two hours straight
That is what constitutes a good movie when visuals and audio are done correctly.
>>16982374
>narrative point

Why do you people use tvtrope logic?
>>
>>16981893
>But people are making asinine complaints about these movies to pretend they're the worst things ever
If Shin Godzilla didn't exist these would easily have been the worst entries in the entire franchise.
>>
File: beargguymothafocka.png (158 KB, 498x368)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
>>16981649
Let 'em, Beargguy vs. Godzilla would sell tickets.
>>
>>16982480
Nobody cares for your shit taste.
Shin is widely recognized as the best since the original.
>>
>>16982471
This post shows why the franchise dies an ignoble, whimpering death every other decade - this is the exact sort of autist that TOHO inevitably ends up pandering to instead actually trying to produce quality.
>>
>>16982489
By contrarians.
>>16982497
Better than aiming for /y/ny critics. There's a reason I willfully paid money for stuff like the Emoji Movie (which is /m/ related) because critics need to be beaten down a peg. You guys ruin entertainment.
>>
>>16982450
but final wars was good :^)
>>
>>16982502
>By contrarians
Reviews, initial Japanese reactions and most of all the box office alldisagree, these movies ain't exactly marvelesque tentpoles, Kaiju movies are a niche within a niche stuck on life support - the only way it got where it did was through word of mouth.
Seriously tho, you're the one who sounds like a contrarian, skimming through your posts arguing that other pretentious anon, you genuinely seem like someone who would call Gojira shit while jacking it to some low effort shit like vs desutoroia.
>>
File: .....jpg (22 KB, 366x263)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>16982502
>There's a reason I willfully paid money for stuff like the Emoji Movie (which is /m/ related) because critics need to be beaten down a peg.
Jeuse fucking Christ. This is a person that exists.
>>
>>16982239
Before the movies came out every nip was saying how it will be like Final wars part 2 after knowing Urobuchi is involved.
But it seems Toho is still embarrassed about that movie to this day which is why they went the opposite direction.

>>16982272
One thing a lot of people don't know is that Urobuchi doesn't write fight scenes for him anime, this one included.
In Gaim he wrote some of them but not all.

The problem is that the directors weren't allowed to show too much kaiju fighting in their movies even if they wanted to depict a cool action set-piece they couldn't.
>>
>>16982502
Also, how the fuck is the Emoji Movie even close to being related to /m/?!
I want to hear the explanation for this.
>>
>>16982531
>One thing a lot of people don't know is that Urobuchi doesn't write fight scenes for him anime, this one included.
Precisely, in Madoka Magica he only wrote dialogue and left literally everything else to the staff.

Over here it seems he wrote what Ghidorah could do and the director went "durrrrrrrrrrrrrr" and just made Sugita spit out the text from Urobuchi's notes instead of thinking of how they should fight.
>>
>>16982274
Another factor was TsuPro used their people for the chief writter position and Gridman's designer. It's always help to have people have experience and worked on the medium before for these kind of projects. Toho went overboat with 3 guys who know almost nothing about the franchise.
>>
>>16981919
i was always more interested in Emiko and Dr Yamane then Ogata. Especially with Dr. Yamane going from we should study it to it has to be destroyed as the film goes on.
>>
>>16982554
So, which recent Ghidorah do you prefer? A being from another universe who can eat whole worlds or a monster who can create hurricanes just by flapping his wings?
>>
>>16982555
Whoops. Didn’t mean to reply to you >>16982554 anon.
>>
>>16982531
>But it seems Toho is still embarrassed about that movie to this day
And they have every reason to be. They pumped a great deal of money into the movie and intended for it to receive theatrical distribution in the US; going as far as to have its worldwide premiere at the Chinese theater in LA. There was also a lot of Hollywood talent involved with its production. Ryuhei Kitamura, the hot director on the rise, was freed to do what he wanted and was supposed to make Godzilla mainstream again. Instead, Godzilla Final Wars loss Toho millions of dollars, got a decisively negative reception, went down in history as one of the poorest performing Godzilla movies ever, and was sent straight to DVD in the US. A complete failure. Although, for what it's worth, it has enjoyed strong DVD sales and rentals in the US.
>>
>>16982542
Sounds like it was two guys who knew what they were doing and one guy in charge of them who didn't. Read the interviews.
>>
>>16982555
Anime Ghidorah creates hurricanes and storms just by being there because of the singularities.
>>
>>16982555
honestly i like both
it all comes down to execution. Like >>16982555
if they gave it a somthing similar to desghidorah from rebirth of mothra where its this outer god of doom that ends the planet just with no physical form but once its anchor is removed it would revert back to being a normal ghirdorah
>>
>>16982600
sorry dont know why it double linked to your post mid sentence
>>
>>16982555
Honestly I like the two ideas for different reasons. I'm skeptical on how they pull it off in the anime, but on paper it's honestly something that I'd look forward to. Seeing Godzilla do battle with an actual outer god stand-in and only ending up banishing it once the ritual keeping it there is stopped sounds like something up my alley. At the same time, I think the execution of the Legendary version will be pulled off better given what I've heard, and the concept to me is a solid take on Ghidorah.
>>
Ghidorah [Outer God]
Ghidorah wanders between the planes of existence, taking the form of a winged, three-headed dragon composed of golden energy. It detects intelligent life through planes via the psychic waves of strong emotions, particularly hate, and sends its heads through gravitational singularities to devour life when able to find it, usually on a planetary scale. However, the psychic waves needed to attract Ghidorah are particularly strong, and are typically only found on a planet with extremely advanced civilization.

Cult: Ghidorah is worshipped by a nameless church of humanoid extraterrestials called the Exif, who refer to it only as their god, and never by name. The Exif see being consumed by their god to be salvation, and seek to spread his blessings throughout the universe. Specific individuals with particularly strong connections to Ghidorah, known as Oracles, are able to amplify the psychic waves of followers, enabling Ghidorah to be summoned, so that he can devour what he finds.
Other characteristics: Ghidorah resides outside of the boundaries of the laws of physics of the known universe, and has to be "observed" by an Oracle to remain bound in this plane. When summoned, Ghidorah first manifests as a psychic shadow, invisible to the naked eye, that first feeds on individuals: People and animals. Once enough beings have been consumed, it next creates in the sky a gravitational singularity, a massive stationary black hole, through which its heads reach out to devour the planet. In this form it can be seen, but only through direct sight, with sensors and machinery being unable to detect it in any way.
>>
>>16982638
No form of matter or energy can interact with it, simply passing through its body as if it were mist, but Ghidorah can freely interact with anything it sees fit to. Additionally, Ghidorah's presence and the existence of the singularity it uses result in space and time being warped, with massive lightning storms and pockets of non-linear time being generated as a result. Ghidorah's sole means of attack is to bite into a being or object. Smaller entities are consumed whole, disappearing from existence as they are converted to the golden energy that Ghidorah is comprised of, while bigger ones are drained of all forms of energy until they are lifeless husks. Once all resistence on a planet has been consumed, Ghidorah wraps itself around the planet and eats it by turning it to energy. As Ghidorah is anchored to a universe through its Oracles, killing or otherwise disabling the Oracle(s) observing it will banish it instantly.

Attacks and special effects: In shadow form, during each combat round, each character in Ghidorah's presence loses 2 CON and 1 sanity point. Additionally, Ghidorah may bite with its three heads, doing 2D6 damage three times, distributed among 1-3 characters. This damage is permanent and will not heal normally.

GHIDORAH, the Eater of Worlds
STR 600
CON N/A
SIZ Varies
INT 50
POW 100
DEX 50
Move 200
HP NA
Damage bonus: N/A
Weapons: Bite 100% damage 2D6 permanent, used three times per combat round
Armor: None, but Ghidorah cannot be damaged
Spells: None
Sanity loss: 1D10 to be in Ghidorah's presence in shadow form. 3D100 to see its World-Devourer form.
>>
File: ghidorah coc.png (469 KB, 1655x1118)
469 KB
469 KB PNG
>>16982639
>>16982638
>>
>>16982555
Both Ghidorah can do the hurricanes thing. One has to flap while the other just has to exist. Movie quality aside, it’s clear that anime Ghidorah is the stronger one by virtue of actually being an eldritch god with only one glaring weakness, its Oracle. Even if biting is all it can do, enough bites will still kill the other monster as long as Ghidorah remains intangible.
>>
>>16982522
>>16982527
>>16982540
lads this being b8 couldn't have been more obvious since that death kappa line, the fuck are you doing
>>
>>16982639
>>16982647
>these stats
What is this?
>>
>>16982809
Cthulhu
>>
File: kitamura.jpg (1.59 MB, 1047x1572)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB JPG
>>16977733
>5 Godzilla movies in the past 14 years
>everyone of them was shit

miss me yet?
>>
File: HrB7WqC.gif (277 KB, 600x338)
277 KB
277 KB GIF
>>16982839
>mfw I've always like Kitamura
>>
File: Kojira.jpg (177 KB, 685x1024)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>16982839
Anno was a mistake, leave Godzilla to us
>>
File: 1370044083368.jpg (11 KB, 251x242)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>That scene where Godzilla looks at the camera and says 'At last I have finally become Godzilla.™'
>>
>>16982935
/tv/ was fun back in 2013, but you gotta let it go my man
>>
File: CtEkNdkUMAAYcCm.jpg (114 KB, 960x544)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>I will become the Utawarerumono
>>
>>16982540
The viruses were clearly robots and pretty cool designs at that.
>>
>>16982522
>taking critics seriously for any reason
Most of the time they are wrong, treat them as such.
>>
>>16982522
>initial Japanese reaction
You mean the reactions which are 90% positive?
https://twitter.com/search?src=typd&q=%E3%82%A2%E3%83%8B%E3%82%B4%E3%82%B8
>>
>>16982453
>Hi Toho Kingdom, did anymore members on your forum commit suicide?

literally who did that
>>
>>16982445
>>16982466
This but unironically

The Godzilla fandom is probably the worst community I have ever been part of, it’s only not talked about as much as shit like the Sonic fandom because it isn’t as huge

I’ve kinda just started enjoying what I enjoy on my own without having to seek approval from /m/, tohokingdom ect.

Also G14 is great and I don’t care what anyone else says
>>
>>16983027
A senior member suffered from depression and was edging on suicide after years of torment. There was also some incident on a facebook page three years back. Point is that guy is exaggerating, nobody succeeded in suicide, but close calls have happened.
>>
>>16982978
That's what I said..?
>>
>go on tohokingdom
>a senior member makes it very clear he is a /tv/fag
>is super fucking obnoxious and pretentious

Why am I not suprised
>>
File: tkringe.png (154 KB, 1000x1370)
154 KB
154 KB PNG
>>16983047
it wasn't this dude, was it?
>>
>>16983072
>Interests: BTFOing brainlets
>Location: Le kinoplex locale
>Age: 23
>goose on profile pic
lad's top cringe
>>
>>16983073
I don't think so.
>>
>>16983073
>Joins Tokyomonsters, no one likes him, Jim Ballard bans him.
BASED.
>>
Oh I forgot to mention that in one of the visions Ghidorah/Metphies shows Haruo, they get onto the Enola Gay and watch Hiroshima get bombed and Metphies says "this shit was bound to happen, but hey it resulted in kaiju so it's a good thing in the end! Now worship Ghidorah with me" with the mushroom cloud in the background.

I'm serious.
>>
>>16983088
I don’t believe you
>>
>>16983088
Also I've seen the summary linked/reposted elsewhere and some people are saying Maina raped Haruo in his sleep?

He wakes up, realises that she's Maina and not Miana, and sleeps with her (in both ways).

Also some people are having problems figuring out why Haruo kills himself so:

-He's still a potential conduit for Ghidorah
-He still hates Godzilla, and hate is something out of place among the Futsua who don't even have a word for it
-The Vulture and Yuuko have to go because Martin wants to use the nanometal to rebuild civilisation which could potentially bring Ghidorah back eventually
-Even if it didn't bring Ghidorah back, Godzilla is also triggered by civilisation
-And I saw this online later, but according to the novels/pamphlets, the nanometal itself is also inherently malevolent, as the Bilsald used Godzilla's cells to make it. When they said that it's potentially another Godzilla they meant it literally.

By the way, the Vulture crashes into Godzilla after he shoots it down and I've seen some (Japanese) comments online saying that they think this might mean that Haruo also succeeded in defeating Godzilla (because of the stuff from the end of the second movie) but I think at least that this is very clearly not the case.
>>
>>16983101
By the way a certain shithole has a summary by a guy who couldn't tell the difference between Miana and Maina and thinking they switched at one point despite Haruo literally saying "oh Maina it was you all this time" so that's that.
>>
>>16983101
>the nanometal itself is also inherently malevolent, as the Bilsald used Godzilla's cells to make it.
What the fuck
>>
>>16982732
Yeah you're right. I don't usually react to bait some of the stuff he said just got me. Guess it happens to everyone at least once.
>>
>>16982026
While I mostly agree with this post, I will say that I do think the interpretation of the kaiju is somewhat important as the monsters are the keystone of the genre. While the shitty interpretation of Godzilla in G98 wasn't the only reason the film sucked (poor writing, poor acting, etc. are what ultimately killed G'98), it certainly was a contributing factor

I will agree that it's far from the most important - Shin's depiction of Godzilla was a radical departure from previous depictions of the character, but Shin Godzilla is definitely one of the best films in the series
>>
>>16983072
>>16983077
>getting this assblasted over people

OH NO NO NO NO

>>16983073
Based Jim "Shin Godzilla is nationalist garbage" Ballard. All of the TK autists hated him because he knew details about Shin before anybody else knew.

>>16983047
I figured as much, AH was a bit weird but never committed suicide. Some closet furry who really likes Rouge from Sonic keeps mentioning AH everywhere for some reason.
>>
>>16983119
He did say that his Japanese isn't the best and that he wasn't sure if there was a switch or not
I'm still kind of pissed that the shitty tsun winds up winning instead of her cuter sister or Yuko
>>
>>16983220
>Shin's depiction of Godzilla was a radical departure from previous depictions of the character
Really Anon?
As far as I'm concerned, its the most accurate representation of the original character, outside the original itself.
If anything, the character became so divorced from its roots over the years, that it coming back to them caused a whiplash.
>>
>Jim sees Shin with a friend
>they both don’t like it
>literally go scene by scene talking about what they liked and didn’t like
>artists REEEEE at them for not liking it saying shit like “thier review makes no sense”
>even though they couldn’t actually judge the movie themselves because they hadn’t seen it
>>
>>16983221
Goji and watch please go back to TK
>>
File: goosesmile.jpg (558 KB, 5000x5000)
558 KB
558 KB JPG
>>16983248
no
>>
>>16983251
Cringe
>>
>>16983239
I should have clarified that. In terms of his powers, his appearance, his "character" so to speak, etc. he's very different from the Godzillas of the 1990s and 2000s. He goes back to his roots as a nuclear allegory, while also having an appearance and powers that are distinctly unique from other recent depictions (back beams, tail lasers, evolving throughout the film, reproducing through division, etc.)
>>
>>16983101
> Also I've seen the summary linked/reposted elsewhere and some people are saying Maina raped Haruo in his sleep?
Blame TK autists with 0 reading comprehension
>>
>>16983220
Emmerich's take on the character is bad and fueled by a disdain of the franchise but it's impact on the film is a bit overblown. I think if the movie was done with a talented director and crew it'd be good in spite of (perhaps even because of) the radical new Godzilla. If G98 wasn't called Godzilla, he'd still have enough design motifs that people would end up labeling him a Godzilla rip off/wannabe.
>>
File: 1539960059983.jpg (23 KB, 800x447)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>16983255
>>
>>16983223
He’s also claiming that Ghidorah died despite them saying a million times that the fucker is literally immortal.
>>
File: file.png (258 KB, 443x644)
258 KB
258 KB PNG
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>16983355
He’s so goddamn shiny.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (77 KB, 1000x1000)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
You know what, I'm just gonna go ahead and say it.....

Fuck Heisei Godzilla
>>
>>16983344
>>16983352
>>16983355
he's a big guy
>>
>>16983433
Fuck you
>>
>>16982507
The best part was Weeb Stalin
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM8bP3G3AVM&t=33s
>>
>>16983101
>
I think other than not wanting Ghidorah and Mecha Godzilla to return, hatred towards Godzilla is the main factor.

Haruo cannot fathom the idea is that Godzilla is the hero of this entire trilogy and he was the villain. it's implied that everything Godzilla did throughout the Kaiju War till the Battle against King Ghidorah, he was trying to stop the Exif from summoning the abomination.
>>
does anyone have that image that has all of the godzilla suits/designs with the names(MosuGoji, BatoGoji, etc)
>>
>>16984687
>Haruo cannot fathom the idea is that Godzilla is the hero of this entire trilogy and he was the villain. it's implied that everything Godzilla did throughout the Kaiju War till the Battle against King Ghidorah, he was trying to stop the Exif from summoning the abomination.
That's gut-wrenchingly nihilistic if true, faithful to the series' roots, and an interesting way to make a nod to Godzilla's heroic nature.
>>
>>16980453
Who is this Shizuno faggot and how can we throw him into the Fukushima reactor?
>>
>>16983119
>>16983223
Tohokingdom is illiterate brainlets so of course they don't understand anything

What is a guy who doesn't understand Japanese doing in Japan anyway? Did that autist literally fly to Japan to watch a movie he doesn't understand?
>>
>>16984945
He’s evidently a teacher over there
Actually makes sense, especially if he’s not an English teacher. My university evidently has/had a dogeating chink who couldn’t speak a lick of English as a math professor, everyone hated her
>>
>>16985090
>a "teacher"
Well that explains a lot.

You can't be a REAL teacher in Japan without a teaching license which is really hard for foreigners to get without having long resumes AND being fluent in Japanese so since that loser says he's N2 that means he's either an eikaiwa (tutoring center) loser or a working holiday ALT. Basically a trained monkey that watches while an actual teacher does the real work and sometimes helps hand out papers or read shit out loud. These are the scum who come here on the JET program and then stick around like parasites while refusing to learn Japanese or integrate.

They're a fucking joke amongst the expat community.
>>
>>16984687
>>Haruo cannot fathom the idea is that Godzilla is the hero of this entire trilogy and he was the villain. it's implied that everything Godzilla did throughout the Kaiju War till the Battle against King Ghidorah, he was trying to stop the Exif from summoning the abomination.
The trilogy is saved
>>
>>16984945
>>16985090
>>16985100
He literally said he understood most of it.
>>
>>16985318
>He literally said he understood most of it.
>while getting everything wrong

???
>>
The idea that the exif has been observing humanity for a long time and that the origin of all our deities can be linked back to Ghidorah as they first introduced the seeds of religion is pretty neat.

humanity has been worshiping an outer god all along.
>>
>>16985406
>Ph'nglui mglw'nafh G'hidorah R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
>>
>>16985322
>got mixed up with twins
>HE GOT EVERYTHING WRONG
>>
>>16985417
>Ell-osde'pauk Sou'th P'ark 2011 pyode b'ack to r'eddi't amedha
>>
>>16985445
>They wax on about how Ghidorah is immortal and cant be killed because he exists beyond our reality.
>They killed Ghidorah, complete jobber!
>The aforementioned Maina/Miana shit, that left plebbit and TK LITERALLY SHAKING
>and more.
Senpai, it's clear he barely understood what was being spoken and just filled the blanks left by the visuals with what little he DID get.
>>
>>16985445
Haruo ends up having to kill himself to keep Ghidorah from coming back but that guy is posting power level bullshit about Ghidorah being a jobber who got oneshotted.
>>
File: Druh5NYVYAI7the.jpg (217 KB, 1200x1176)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
>>16977733
The good news is: the twins survive.
>>
>>16985724
>The protagonist impregnates a moth and commits suicide on the hands of Godzilla

These movies are more interesting than entertaining.

Also pretty sure the black hole that consumed the Blisard planet was non other than Ghidorah.
>>
>>16985724
It's hard to care about the fate of non characters.
>>
Every time I think of the anime movies, I think of this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy6CFTMnYa4
>>
File: Z000.png (1.57 MB, 1366x768)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
>>16980385
Major SPOILER!!!!
>>
>>16980286

I think the director played with changes in the twins' facial expression so that the audience, and Haruo, could not recognize the difference between Miana and Maina
>>
>>16982381
This.
I hope they fix that shit in KOTM. The soldier guy is just a placeholder

G2014 is a better Godzilla movie with some awesome design choices but G98 is a better movie in my opinion. The buildup is as amazing as the rest of the movie is disappointing
>>
>>16986726
>unironically thinking G98 is better than G14
>>>/reddit/
>>>/kys/

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.