[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/m/ - Mecha

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 44 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: Gundam_key_fixw_640_hq.jpg (230 KB, 640x905)
230 KB
230 KB JPG
So, what are the odds we'll be seeing a second season of Build Divers? While it wasn't quite as good as Build Fighters, and I daresay it could come across as mediocre at times, it was leagues better than Try, for sure.

I'd definitely be down for another season if the quality was roughly the same.
>>
>>16978670
It was way better than Fighters and it redeemed the franchise
>>
>>16978670

It's the worst of the 3 Build series, chances are the 4th one will be different yet again, I don't want another low quality show like Divers.
>>
Make the 4th entry more mature themed where the characters are 16-17 year old professional modelers, with emphasis on scratchbuilds over simple kitbashes and recolors with the battles being Jojo-like LARPism.
>>
it doesn't deserve a 4th season
>>
>>16978670
Zero. Expected a brand "new" Build series a couple of years down the line though.
>>
>>16978670
Unless they ditch Watada, hopefully never.
>>
>>16978670
A sequel season is very unlikely, but a single OVA may not be off the possibilities, just like the others Build got GM's Counterattack and Island Wars.
>>
Say something to Tigerwolf
>>
>>16978670
I preferred Try. Divers constantly felt like the writers were annoyed that they weren't allowed to write Build Fighters 3 and took every opportunity to remind us that Real Gunpla Battle is so much cooler.

Also too many episodes dedicated to fucking about doing things that aren't over the top Gunpla beating each other up.
>>
>>16978675
low quality bait
>>
>>16980414
>took every opportunity to remind us that Real Gunpla Battle is so much cooler
How?
>>16980438
No, truth.
>>
It won't be a direct sequel for sure. The only thing you can write about the GBD cast is places you can jam Sarah into.
>>
>>16980687
>Momo wanted to take her home during the last episode
She was hungry.
>>
>>16980414
>took every opportunity to remind us that Real Gunpla Battle is so much cooler.

Except that's fucking wrong you retard,

The series made it clear as day that GPD died for a reason; the fact that people could play with their Gunpla in a virtual environment that wasn't restricted by region, with zero risk of damage to their Gunpla made it a lot more accessible to thousands upon thousands of folks.

No more having to shell out money to make repairs to your Gunpla if you lost a match, and the fact that you can interact with folks worldwide in GBN as opposed to being limited to the folks in your neck of the woods, provided there's even a community for GPD where you live to begin with made it a lot more appealing to folks in-universe.

It's reiterated time and time again how GBN brought folks together in a way that GPD could never hope to accomplish. The fact that you fail to grasp this makes you just as bad as Tsukasa, who couldn't move on from the glory days of GPD, and so decided to ruin the fun of everyone else who enjoyed playing on GBN just because it didn't fit his idea of what Gunpla Battling was all about.

You are literally that kid at the playground who gets pissed because the neighbor kid has the Newest Thing and you don't have it, so instead of saving money or asking your parents to get you the newest thing, or even asking the neighbor kid if you can play with it... you decide to be a shitty little brat and wreck their Newest Thing because you don't have it, so you don't want them to have it either.

Get your head out of your ass you mouth-breathing fucknugget.
>>
>>16978670
It's very inoffensive and sterile. I'd say it's just as bad as Try without the forced tournament arc.
Also bring back Se Jun Kim for fuck's sake. He might be a gook but his animation piece in OG BF are miles better than the entire Try and Divers combined.
>>
>>16978670
Gunpla sales didn't seem to get a boost from it existing at all, so I doubt you'll see another season.
>>
>>16980414
>every opportunity to remind us that Real Gunpla Battle is so much cooler.

Sure if you're an edgelord faggot who has zero modeling skills and just uses his money to snapshit for a round or two.
>>
>>16980705
>with zero risk of damage to their Gunpla
Which destroyed the emotional investment the characters had in their Gunpla. You don't get Fellini having to make the decision between letting Sei and Reiji win to conserve his Gunpla or fighting them seriously because that's what his Gunpla was built to do and doing otherwise would be disrespectful to it. You don't get Sei breaking down and crying during battle because his Gunpla is in danger of being ruined but they have to keep going or they'll be eliminated from the tournament. You don't get Fellini repairing Fenice over the span of its life after taking damage from battle after battle giving it a unique look. Build Divers is for role players who have no stake in their battles because it's just a game to them. Build Fighters is for actual athletes who put their blood, sweat and tears into their craft and actually feel every loss. Every bit of damage is chipping away at their hard work.

You're that kid at the playground who wants to pretend to play superhero while the BF crowd are the kids who make their own costumes and go out to try and be superheroes knowing how risky it is. Glad Build Divers seems to be a one and done thing. It like Try was made by people who didn't understand the appeal of Build Fighters.
>>
File: 1539549104668.png (161 KB, 1256x944)
161 KB
161 KB PNG
>>16978670
>both disc and Gunpla sales are not good
Pretty low, to be honest.
>>
>>16980790
Based IBO saving gunpla.
>>
>>16980705
>>16980766
Watch the cold open for episode 14 again. Wait, never mind, I'll quote it for you.

KO1: Fighting with real models like that. I hope it didn't make you hate Gunpla Battle.
In real model battles, your Gunpla gets broken, and you have to fix it each time. But...
Every time it gets wrecked, you try new ideas and add things. That's how you build your own unique machine.
We were able to strengthen our bond with our Gunpla that way.
I think that's why we got so into Gunpla Battle and devoted ourselves to Gunpla building.
Compared to GBN, in many ways the GPD system isn't as refined. But...

Riku: I was blown away.
By actually moving the Gunpla I built, I was able to feel so much closer to the 00 Diver.
What that guy did to GBN is unforgivable, for sure.
But it came through to me...
His feelings. His pain. And something beyond those.
Probably because I directly touched my Gunpla in that battle.
I felt like I understood what really mattered to him.

But honestly, it doesn't matter which is the better game in-universe, I care about which makes the better watching experience, and the entirety of the Gundam Build series has been spent trying to match up to the Reiji vs Fellini duel which emphasised that yes, putting your own toy at stake is painful, but it adds a layer of stakes to the battle that makes it worth climbing to the top.
>>
I love Divers but its unlikely as heck.

the next Build series will probably build off if though just like TRY did with BF.

Id be satisfied with a Battlogue or some special where BF/TRY/Dvivers meet
>>
>>16978670
S3 didn't have the music from the prior two...

carry on should've been used for last episode
>>
>>16980790
Nice made up document, got a source?
>>16980791
Cool lies with a cool mouth talking up all the world's dialogue.
>>
>>16980782
>Which destroyed the emotional investment the characters had in their Gunpla
>he wants emotional bullshit
Go watch Disney and Pixar trash for silly emotional drivel and leave good entertainment to the adults, kid.
>>
>>16980976
https://www.bandainamco.co.jp/cgi-bin/releases/index.cgi/file/view/8312?entry_id=5726
https://www.bandainamco.co.jp/cgi-bin/releases/index.cgi/file/view/8321?entry_id=5729
>>
>>16980976
You can get those numbers fairly easily from Bandai's site.

https://www.bandainamco.co.jp/en/ir/index.html

They're the financial highlights.
>>
File: ok.png (171 KB, 360x360)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
>>16978670
>Build Divers S2
Unlikely since the kits underperformed compared to the BF/Try kits and the first boxset sold like shit compared to the BF/Try ones (BF: 9,351 Try: 4,441, Divers: 1,142). Trying to have a different big-bad for each half of the show was fucking dumb and you could easily have just kept Tsukasa as the main villain through the show instead of that drawn-out Game Master shit.

>Build Fighters S3
Fuck that, their story is done. Straight up doing a third season in the same universe would be awful and you get more flanderizations to characters like what happened with Tatsuya between BF and Try.

>A 4th Build Series
Could be cool depending on how they do it. Gundam fights but IRL in a Medabots/Danball Senki sort of style might have potential.
>>
>>16980782
The emotional investment was in saving the game from butthurt hackers and then saving Sarah so she doesn't get deleted. I get what you're saying and it's not wrong, but realistically speaking, people are more likely to go with GBN's kid gloves no permanent damage approach because nobody wants to put in that much money into upkeeping their favorite model kit and having to constantly swap out parts and bits after they've customized it. It's literally the reason nobody wants to play New Gundam Breaker.
>>
File: op.jpg (272 KB, 1920x1080)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
Reminder that Diver's High is kino.
>>
>>16981080
>people are more likely to go with GBN's kid gloves no permanent damage approach because nobody wants to put in that much money into upkeeping their favorite model kit and having to constantly swap out parts and bits after they've customized it.
This is a cartoon. There is no money involved. Gunpla is a legit sport in that world anyway so they'd just be making money back at the end of the day. They have sponsorships, worldwide televises, massive stadiums and events held for Gunpla. It isn't the same as it is in real life where it's niche. Considering they use HG kits they probably run $10 each on average and most people focus on 1 kit so them spending a couple hundred on upkeep doesn't seem like too much of a cost sink.
>>
>>16981080
It's not about which game I'D rather play, although by the time Try came about we had lower damage settings anyway, it's about which system makes for more compelling television.

That said there's nothing inherently wrong with them playing VR Gundam Breaker instead of Gunpla UFC. The problem is writing in nostalgiafag characters who in their constantly reminding us of how much they prefer the old system, also remind us of how we could just be watching the older show (that's better for separate reasons) instead.

Also the "stakes" they put into Divers were way too over the top. Winning or losing in a contest is inherently exciting. You don't actually need to try and give us Bladerunner Abridged as our heroes' motivations for having ridiculous anime fights.
>>
>>16980782
That emotional investment is very much fantasy based anyways. You don't watch Initial D to see the deep internal conflict over whether to risk destroying your car you worked yourself to death on to win a race because people don't really think that way. It's just part of the game and battle Gunpla are clearly and unquestionably built to be destroyed. The show tries to force it by making Gunpla performance relate to autistic one of a kind construction details but that's pretty much what drives the show off the cliff with POWER LEVELS and particle hooey in the end.
>>
>>16981084
I stop liking it when the rap starts
>>
>>16980790
Hmmmah so build divers did somehow better compared to try
>>
>>16982269
Do you not have emotional investment in the gunpla you build?
>>
would like a simple one-off story of say... dumbass from America playing on GBN with his customized gunpla "SUMO Hardballer" and somehow derping himself into very unexpected situations... ...or has that been done already?
>>
>>16982406
No him, but I don't.
>>
File: derby_630.jpg (125 KB, 800x450)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>16982406
I didn't build them to participate in plastic toy cockfights where you have to accept getting blown up by a random BR shot in the first 5 seconds as a legitimate possibility and that in a 1v1 fight at least one of the two is almost guaranteed to get wrecked. it's like comparing a collector car to these shit heaps.

One of the things about both seasons is by having these Garth Stan main characters come out of nowhere and inexplicably beat everyone in Gunpla battles they skip over the inevitable hundreds of destroyed Gunpla anyone new to battles would go through while learning to fight. If you think about it, it's a horrendously cruel game because if you make a really nice model it's going to get wasted but if you just throw something together to learn with you are at a massive disadvantage. They show Fellini as this poor kid that fixed his Wing Zero but that's bullshit, it's totally a hobby that would require significant adult financial support.
>>
>>16982530
>If you think about it, it's a horrendously cruel game because if you make a really nice model it's going to get wasted but if you just throw something together to learn with you are at a massive disadvantage. They show Fellini as this poor kid that fixed his Wing Zero but that's bullshit, it's totally a hobby that would require significant adult financial support.
This right here. On top of that, Build Fighter's model is effectively 2 games in 1, and not everyone wants to play ten hours of Minecraft every time they lose a 5 minute Street Fighter round.
>>
>>16978670
New season will be Gunpla Girls. It'll be a Busou Shinki/FAG rip off.
>>
>>16978670
>So, what are the odds we'll be seeing a second season of Build Divers?
0%
>>
File: Gundam isn't dead 2018.jpg (213 KB, 850x1020)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
>>16980393
Tigerwolf is best thing about divers
>>
>>16978670
Question about Try: saw a webm on sakugabooru about Amazing Red Warrior fighting Dom R35. When did this happen in the series?
>>
>>16983127
When Tigerwolf was fucking sara and momo up the ass with his big 12 inch red rocket desu
>>
File: big funbags.jpg (274 KB, 1340x1871)
274 KB
274 KB JPG
>>
>>16983122
this is a blue board
>>
>>16978670
>it was leagues better than Try, for sure.
I dunno. It was certainly better than IBO though. A show that makes you cringe it better than a show that makes you feel nothing.
>>
>>16983127
It's episode 25 for that one. I think his Dom just has extra thrusters slapped onto the back or something? Not sure what he added or changed.
>>
>>16978670
Never, it was a D+ at the best of times.
>>
>>16978670
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hoy0oCOMpb4
if only they had something similar to this
>>
>>16987268
That movie was boring and mediocre. Next time post SBS VS Fenice. It's the only fight anyone on /m/ truly cares about despite there being plenty of better ones. GM Sniper K9 VS Kampfer Amazing was kino. Debate me on this faggots
>>
>>16983122
there is too little Tigerwolf x Sharly out there
>>
>>16983296
and that is a red rocket
>>
>>16987283
The movie had a nice song
>>
>>16978670
Extremely disappointed when he chose the 00 gundam, so i just stopped watching
>>
>>16986609
more like Double D
>>
File: Gundam 00 Sky.png (202 KB, 526x650)
202 KB
202 KB PNG
We can all agree that 00 Sky is better than Star Build and Try Burning Gundams, right?
>>
>>16981022
But muh alabasta arc
>>
File: ef2i0sv40wn11.jpg (71 KB, 600x850)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>16987858
Riku is too busy pounding pussy to agree
>>
>>16987860
Oops i messed up, i meant arian
>>
Build divers unironically redeemed the build frachise from build fuckers try
>>
File: 85263905326.png (201 KB, 719x429)
201 KB
201 KB PNG
>>16987868
>from Iron Blooded Ovaries
Fixed
>>
>>16987886
>
>>16980790
>>
File: Koichi.jpg (56 KB, 1200x675)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
Give me a reason why he isn't /ourguy/
>>
File: 1530368558898.jpg (123 KB, 568x656)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>16987941
He's gay.
>>
File: 1431320088388.jpg (1.98 MB, 1648x5208)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB JPG
>>16987948
It's okay to come out of the closet, you're among friends.
>>
>>16987941
What >>16987948 said and he's boring
>>
>>16978670
While I dont think the odds look good, id love a second season

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.