[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/mlp/ - Pony



Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.



File: large.png (673 KB, 1280x720)
673 KB
673 KB PNG
>•A Flurry of Emotions premieres Saturday, April 22 at 11:30a/10:30c
After planning a jam-packed day, Twilight Sparkle also agrees to babysit her niece, Flurry Heart. But
with Flurry Heart along for the ride, Twilight Sparkle struggles to maintain her title as “The Best
Aunt Ever” while keeping Flurry Heart out of trouble!

•Rock Solid Friendship premieres Saturday, April 29 at 11:30a/10:30c
When Pinkie Pie learns that Maud might move to Ponyville, she does everything she can to make
sure her sister sees that it
has more to offer than just rocks.

>https://cf.press.discovery.com/ugc/highlights/2017/03/20/112755/DFC_Highlights_-_April_2017_-_Final.pdf
>>
>>29707015
>>29707015
Maudfags rejoice
>>
File: 1399727634889.jpg (12 KB, 222x200)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>29707015
>Flurry Heart shit
>The Gift of the Maud Pie 2, electric Scootaloo
It's like they're actively trying to make it as shitty as possible.
>>
>>29707015
>Flurry Heart
Goddamn it. Why do they want this to happen so much?
>>
>>29707015
>Starshit
>Flurry Shit
>Maud Shit

this season is off to a shitty start
>>
>>29707043
So more people will buy her toys, Thats why.
>>
File: 1462632692643.png (99 KB, 665x800)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
>>29707015
Post your best Moes to celebrate
>>
>>29707015

Is it just me, or do these synopses sound really predictable?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (56 KB, 587x390)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>29707015
>a flurry of emotions
>twi has problems with a baby
hhmmmmm???? where did i saw that?
>>
>>29707039
>The Gift of Maud Pie
>bad
nice meme
>>
Updated.
Also, I just closed voting for the bingo card, results will be up in a new thread momentarily. And with these new synopsi seems we have at least one panel marked.

-26 episodes
S07E01 - Celestial Advice - April 15
S07E02 - All Bottled Up - April 15
In the back-to-back premiere episodes titled “Celestial Advice” and “All Bottled Up,” Twilight Sparkle agonizes over Starlight Glimmer’s future and receives some much-needed advice from her very own mentor – Princess Celestia. While the Mane 6 are on a friendship retreat, Starlight Glimmer loses Twilight Sparkle’s friendship map. Afraid her anger might get out of control, Starlight Glimmer casts a calming spell while the ponies search for the lost map.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWGGbfSRk3o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oowA7HeglAg
S07E03 - A Flurry of Emotions - April 22
After planning a jam-packed day, Twilight Sparkle also agrees to babysit her niece, Flurry Heart. Butwith Flurry Heart along for the ride, Twilight Sparkle struggles to maintain her title as “The BestAunt Ever” while keeping Flurry Heart out of trouble!
S07E04 - Rock Solid Friendship - April 29
When Pinkie Pie learns that Maud might move to Ponyville, she does everything she can to make sure her sister sees that it has more to offer than just rocks.
S07E13 - AJ parents flashback episode

AJ and RD parents revealed
RD: Windy Whistles and Beau Hot Hoof
RD gets visited by her over-enthusiastic parents.
AJ: Bright Mac and Pear Butter, grampa Old Grand Pear
Romeo & Juliet style duet in flashback.


-5 songs
-Princess Luna song
-William Shatner & Felicia Day guest-starring
-possibly Luna & Celestia episode?
Writers:
-Nico Confalone: 1 episode
-G.M. Berrow: 2 episodes
-Mike Fox
-Wil Fox
-no Mike Vogel
-no Dave Polsky
-no Kevin Burke
-no Chris Doc Wyatt
-no Jennifer Skelly
>>
File: 1464614616432.gif (830 KB, 426x252)
830 KB
830 KB GIF
>>29707015
Fuck. We had Auntie Twilight on the last bingo one season too early.Fug!!!
>>
>>29707015
>finale is actually 2 SoL Glimmer episodes
>next episodes are about Flurry and Maud

For fuck sake, its going to be a season that "explore" the toys? Flurry episode, Cadance episode and maybe even a crystal castle episode?
>>
I have a feeling S7's gonna be worse than S6.

I'm actually considering not watching the show.
>>
>>29707087
Never noticed, but they put absolutely no effort into transitioning from one animation cycle to the other here. She just appears in a new position after a frame.
>>
>>29707015
>It's a "Baby Cakes 2.0" but with Twilight.
It's like they no longer trying.
>>
>>29707015
>Maud might move to Ponyville

She won't, muh status quo
>>
>>29707122
Its for little girls you fucking degenerate of course it's not supposed to be good
>>
>>29707117
This is how Ponka roll
>>
File: 1476364902570.png (92 KB, 405x415)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
>>29707015
>More Flurry
>rehashed Baby Cakes
>More Maud
>rehashed GotMP
There's no hope left for this shitshow.
>>
File: moe.jpg (98 KB, 1280x720)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
On second thought, I think that I'll be happy with any episode which is not "Rainbow Dash is an idiot for no particular reason and her friends decide to be even worse idiots to fuck with her because that's what friends do".

E01, E02, E03 and E04 out, only 22 potential MMDW rehashes left.
>>
File: full.jpg (116 KB, 1046x604)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>29707122
if only
>>
We spongebob now
>>
>>29707128
Why not
She lives with Panko in EqG and the writers obviously know that the fandom likes her
>>
>>29707129
Little girls dont give a shit about Twilight taking care of someone elses baby. A baby that just appeared out of nowhere belonging to parents that no one give a shit about.

If they want an interesting baby character then they should have just give Discord and Fluttershy a daughter. Kids like Discord and like Fluttershy. They would give some shit about their baby.
>>
What's the point of Flurry Heart? When has adding a baby to a show EVER made it better?
>>
>>29707147
Then, they will also want Marble and Limestone to move, too.
>>
>>29707130
No it ain't. The episodes where those animations are recycled from do a much better job of transitioning.
>>
>>29707015
this literally sounds like S6 2.0
>>
File: 1477260801872.jpg (502 KB, 4998x4006)
502 KB
502 KB JPG
>>29707134
Oh believe me if previous seasons are anything to go by Rainbow will get her plate of hot steaming shit eventually this season.
>>
>>29707156
>What's the point of Flurry Heart

Filling the baby pony gap in Hasbro's toy line.
>>
File: hmmm.png (158 KB, 989x1024)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
>>29707015
It just keep getting worse.
>>
>>29707131
At least is not "Spike takes care and get owned by Flurry" episode.

Although it would be VERY interesting if Maud interacted with characters that doesn't include Pinkie. Rarity was fine, but Discord or Starlight would give that character some fresh air. Ponka is just boring iwth her randomness around Maud and Maud not reacting to it.
>>
>>29707148
Giving discord and flitterhsy a child is a fucking austistic idea. Fucking hell.
>>
>>29707156
She sells baby toys. That's literally it.
>>
>>29707168
meh, if they would have put skyla from the start, they could resale the toy, but nooooo. they had to go full retarded
>>
>>29707156
So that Hasbro doesn't look retarded by making an adult mare into a baby.

THIS IS the actual toy for little girls before Flurry Heart: Pinkie Pie shitting in the diaper and learning to talk.
>>
>>29707157
But they were only in one episode and Limestone is dedicated to the farm
>>
>>29707015
I like starlight.
I don't mind flurry heart.
I like Maud pie.
is it weird that I don't complain about every single thing, if it's actually decent or not? Seems like the norm here
>>
>>29707173
They going the right path already. Fluttershy has a bigger belly.
>>
>>29707171
>Spike takes care and get owned by Flurry
I'd rather watch that then extremely autistic Twilight getting owned by Flurry for no reason other than shitty attempts at comedy. Because that's what she needs the most right now, being shat on in Baby Cakes 2.0: Alicorn edition.

It WOULD be intersting to see Maud actually do something, but you know as much as I do that none of this will happen and instead they'll make all the previous "jokes" about her non-reactions again.
>>
File: 1.jpg (175 KB, 700x709)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>29707187
AND THIS is somewhat canon now. It's not that retarded as Ponka toy.
>>
>>29707198
>Twilight getting owned by Flurry for no reason other than shitty attempts at comedy.
But little girls love cringe humor.
>>
>>29707204
the head is still retarded, but then again the baby was an abomination
>giant adult eyes
>big wings
>small torso and legs
>OP magic ready to bring XK end of world scenario
>>
File: wings.png (119 KB, 230x192)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
>>29707204
Why are her wings like 3 times the size of the rest of her body.
>>
>>29707192
I'm in your boat too Anon. I'll be happy if it turns out okay. It's far from perfect, but I'm just enjoying what the ride has to give.
>>
How do they fuck up this fucking bad?

A new season is a chance for a new start, a refresh and way to bring new and exciting things to the table.

Instead it starts off with a direct continuation of season 6's finale. No. That story is already complete, we don't need more, give us something new to engage us.

Then we go to another glimmer episode, whatever, I could live with that the finale was new and refreshing, but it's not. If this episode ends with the table being found and not a new story hook, then it's completely pointless.

Then we go to babysitting episode NUMBER 5.

Stare Master
A Bird in the Hoof
Baby Cakes
Just for Sidekicks

Holy shit, where's the new concepts and ideas?

Then we go for another Maud episode? What about Pinkie's other two sisters?

Why do they have to stick to the same old shit. That was my entire problem with season 6. Boring, reused material that we've already seen plenty from this show.

How did any of the writing team think these four episodes were okay to start a new season with?
>>
File: 1473865033249.gif (1.66 MB, 260x260)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB GIF
>>29707198
Its going to be "Twilight get fucked by a baby while the baby annoy the audience" episode

and other will be "Pinkie Pie do a lot of noise and random stuff bouncing aorund Ponyville while Maud just stand in one place not emoting" episode.
>>
>>29707122
it's like neither of them are on the show
>>
>>29707101
>-no Mike Vogel
Is this supposed to be good?
>>
>>29707218
Meghan was busy with the Movie for 2 seasons. S7 is going to also be a filler season until she's back. The scripts for S8 are probably better if she actually return to working with MLP more closely.
>>
>>29707234
quite a shitty start, but don't worry anon
we still have 22 episodes left
>>
>>29707192
It's not bad to be optimistic, but seeing two re-used plots back to back right at the start of the season is alarming, and the quality of S6 tells us that there's nothing to get hyped for at all. Of course it will probably have cute moments and all, but those don't pull episodes if the stories are just bad.
>>
>>29707234
Haber and Miller still are here to fuck things up.
>>
File: Moondancer reeeee.png (167 KB, 350x293)
167 KB
167 KB PNG
>>29707218
>What about Pinkie's other two sisters?

We could have a Maud or a Limestone episode but no, let's give bronies their fucking meme character.

For fuck sake, will we ever get a slice of life episode from the point of view of a secondary character without it being a memefest?

So much fucking wasted potential.
>>
>>29707192
Careful, or you'll get labeled a "shit-eating hasdrone" by the autistic-screeching doompaulers.

I'm looking forward to the new season.
>>
>>29707234
VOgel had mediocre episodes but they were at least not terrible. I can already see that remaining writers were so shit that they even get rid of adventure episodes and two parters.
JUST so they could insert their shitty rehashed episodes plotlines. Those writers dont give a fuck about improving. MLP is just a training ground for them before they move to Disney or other cartoons next year.
>>
>>29707240
Hello, Jim.
Still with that autistic "W-wait and see, p-please keep watching" scratched record of yours.
>>
It turns out Maud's not moving to Ponyville, and it was a misunderstanding.

Screencap this.
>>
It turns out that Maud actually is moving to ponyville and is replacing Applejack as a mane character.

Screencap this.
>>
>>29707295
we got like 20 episodes not revealed
maybe we will have one that will save us or everyone will like

>>29707312
why cap the obvious?
>>
File: Maud_Pie_ID_S4E18.png (58 KB, 286x300)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>29707312
>"It was just a prank, Pinkie. I have a great sense of humour. I'll literally laughing my flank of right now."
>>
>>29707134
> "Rainbow Dash is an idiot for no particular reason

This is always the case my man
>>
>>29707324
> G-guys, if we get ONE good episode that totally makes the whole season good too, -r-right?

Seriously, you shiteaters are pathetic.
>>
Does anyone else wish they just ruined the show with taking too many risks and making lots of ridiculous lore destroying shit?

It's the worst kind of hell being stuck in the blandest, safest, and basically 'let's train the new writers on something easy' type of stories. It's like the story editor thinks that new writers will be around forever and that it's worth easing them in with something basic. Instead they just leave the next season and we start all over again.
>>
File: (You).png (312 KB, 1600x1677)
312 KB
312 KB PNG
>>29707329
>>
File: smug trix.jpg (21 KB, 470x470)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>29707337
Yeah, you're right
She's an idiot because she's fucking stupid
>>
File: 820174.jpg (119 KB, 1200x1028)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>29707342
>>
So, so far we have:
>Starlight is acting like an idiot - episode
>Twilight is acting like an idiot - episode
>Pinkie Pie is acting like an idiot - episode
>>
>>29707213
Because she gonna be HUEG
>>
File: Big_Jim_Miller_profile.jpg (112 KB, 720x960)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>29707345
But, Anon. Little girls love watching strong female characters acting like idiots. It's progressive and feminist.
>>
>>29707332
i try to keep hopes up anon
even when this show dies, i'll probably say "well, at least we know when it ends"
>>
File: WaifuMaterial.jpg (212 KB, 1000x1000)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>29707015
>A Flurry of emotions
A qt
>>
>>29707333
>Does anyone else wish they just ruined the show with taking too many risks
What risks?
They have been pulling all of the old 1980's animation cliches one after other and doing everything they can to play it the safest possible.

S01 and 02 took visible risks, they haven't given a shit since the series became popular and got a dedicated audience no matter what.
>>
File: k-NhHZvRNdE.jpg (79 KB, 850x800)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>29707345
>we can only write characters as complete morons because we think that little girls can't comprehend anything more complex than that - the show
>>
>>29707370
Miller is a faggot, Disney wasn't
>>
>>29707375
That even little girls can understand.
>>
>>29707015
Looks like I'm skipping S7E3.

I look forward to E4, though.
>>
>>29707370
>director
that's mccarthy
>>
File: S7 bingo template.jpg (2.37 MB, 1600x1600)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB JPG
Bingo card is up:
>>29707371
>>
>>29707015
>>
>>29707383
>skipping episodes

You're no better than fans of the fandom
>>
>>29707383
>Skipping episodes but still feeling entitled to criticize the show
KYS
>>
>>29707386
Jim took the place after McCarthy went to write that retarded movie full of OCs.
>>
>>29707392
t. Hasdrone
>>
>>29707397
> Watching episodes even if you don't like them because Customer's Loyalty!

And you guys still don't understand why the word "Hasdrone" is still used all the time.
>>
>>29707087
>season 6
>good
nice maymay
>>
File: BBC.png (86 KB, 735x252)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
>>29707401
Hur dur... I'm a furry who doesn't like furry OCs in a movie
>>
>>29707383

I wish I had the affinity for more Maud that a lot of people do.

I absolutely loved the first Maud Pie episode, it was great and something entirely new with a unique new side character.

Then we got a cameo in Rainbow Rocks and we got a great use of Maud in make new Friends but Keep Discord. Similarly, Hearthbreakers was a brilliant followup to the original Maud episode and Pinkie Apple Pie. It gave us a look into Pinkie's other two sisters.

Given that, we've expended Maud's screentime and we didn't need anymore unless the writers got a particularly good idea.

The Gift of The Maud Pie, while not super incompetent was completely stagnant with no new ideas or things we hadn't seen before.

Similarly, this next Maud Pie episode is an absolute insult considering we're 1 episode past Maud's prime already while Pinkie's other two sisters sit with the surface barely scratched on their characterization.
>>
>>29707408
>le everything from bad season is bad meme
Magic Duel was a Top 10-tier episode but was in the worst season
>>
File: 1465660763329.jpg (91 KB, 533x454)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>29707192
>I-It's still good guys! S-stop complaining already...
Why do people like you exist?
>>
I hope the rest of the synopses are good.
>>
>>29707411
Nice projecting.

I wouldn't give a shit if the movie only had one OC but it's literally FULL of them.
>>
>>29707387
>starlight fucks up big and is forgiven
>starlight finale
Mark those already. It's fucking obvious they're gonna happen.

>C̶e̶l̶e̶s̶t̶i̶a̶ glim glam episode
Kill yourself.
>>
>>29707424
Gift of The Maud Pie was atrociously written and completely incompetent, probably the worst-written episode of the entire show. Greg explains:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPEqgL3Kd7Y

But that does not reflect on Maud as a character.
>>
>>29707478
>Maud
>character
Pick one and only one.
>>
>>29707462
>I don't like new characters
>>
>>
The show is still good
>>
>>29707510
Pedestrian. You can do better than that.
>>
>>29707497
>>29707510
Perfect
>>
File: 1489456633598.png (661 KB, 650x497)
661 KB
661 KB PNG
>>29707015
It's still good.
>>
>>29707524
>>
>>29707497
>>29707539
This is so trite. Just stop.
>>
File: big pneumonia.jpg (72 KB, 633x278)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
There's still hope, guys.
>>
>>29707333
This is how you get the comics. You don't want someone like Jeremy Whitley.
>>
File: 8689594.jpg (36 KB, 269x269)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>29707562
If Jim dies of complications from pneumonia, I would be so happy.
>>
>>29707087
>>29707408
>>29707425
dutygenerate rara
>>
>>29707333
This >>29707567

Even if the show has dropped somewhat in quality, it's heaps above the Ken Penders Sonic level shit that are the comics.
>>
>>29707570
>If Jim dies
Congratulations, Josh Haber has just been promoted to director now. He'll continue fucking everything up and the only difference will be that he cares so little that he won't even pretend on Twitter that he gives a shit about the show.
>>
>>29707595
Good, let's go full accelerationism.
Let Haber bring on the inevitable necrotic heart failure as quickly as possible so that we can finally move on.
>>
>>29707401
The OC's that were written by a liberal homosexual. Why is McCarthy even credited as a story writer if she didn't came up with the characters?
>>
File: Thank twilight.png (2.99 MB, 1322x1782)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB PNG
>>29707594
>>
>>29707619
Because she wrote the story those characters exist in?
>>
>>29707087
But Anon, that's the worst part of the episode. Rarara is so out-of-character here. That is not how she flips out. I know she says ladies don't flip out, but she does anyway. Just not like that.
>>
>>29707595
Nope. It would either be Danny Lu or Tim Stuby. They are actual directors who worked on S5 and S6. Jim was only supervising them. Haber is just a writer who moved into another show.
>>
>>29707623
She's impersonating Pinkie you silly idiot
>>
>>29707622
Her orignial story was about alicorn city. This one is just an idea dropped by Vogel since he's the only one in charge here.
>>
>>29707204
>Red rocket horn
>>
>>29707634
Does he feel in charge?
>>
File: 1489536302074.jpg (17 KB, 233x205)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>29707562
>>
>>29707623
You might be legitimately retarded, Anon.
>>
File: 1489621502919.gif (2.68 MB, 720x404)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB GIF
>>29707620
>Twilight having a basic understanding of the proper way to utilize overwhelming power
>people freak the fuck out because she doesn't become a pig
>>
>>29707619
This is the problem with you, /pol/tards.
>written by a liberal homosexual
Is that your problem with the movie? No, the problem is that he's a fucking idiot and his ideas are fucking shit. And a fucking parrot and a fucking bipedal cat have absolutely nothing to do with him being homosexual. If you say "he's an homosexual" as if that was his only problem, you're literally ignoring his worst problem as a writer, which is that he's a fucking terrible writer.
>>
>>29707640
Yes, and he's going to crush this ride.
>>
>>29707648

Dude, they burn a fucking barn.
>>
>>29707015
>more maud
STOP
T
O
P
>>
>>29707628
>>29707643
I know, but it still felt off.
>>
dead show
>>
>>29707656
Every homosexual is a terrible writer. They're only good at singing.
>>
>>29707669
Oh no, a barn.
>>
File: 1489159013481.png (178 KB, 355x405)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
>>29707676
A bomb
>>
>Flurry of Emotions

Oh, fuck me to death. A generic "The kid has temper tantrums enhanced by magic. Being an aunt/parent is fucking hard" episode. Where's the originality?

>Rock Solid Friendship

What is it about new maud episodes and a complete lack of originality? Pinkie's going to show Maud all the cool shit in town, Maud will go "I don't give two shits, I just fucking love rocks", and the moral will be "When selling things, remember your target audience"/"Some people have tastes different from yours". AGAIN. FUCK. WHY. WHY IS GREYHORSE A FUCKING MAGNET FOR UNORIGINAL PLOTS?

I came here to post this, but I don't think I can keep going. The show is just... bad. Too bad. I hope the movie will be good. But the show's fucked.

Anyway... Please play with me. I want to be a part of this fandom, but shit like this makes it so fucking hard. http://cardsagainstequestria.com/game/join/4955
>>
>>29707620

The bulls would probably rape applejack and twilight would allow it.

There're a green about this somewhere
>>
>>29707675
You're the reason why sjw exist.
Yeah, maybe sjw are the reason why you exist, but I can't tell them how idiots they are because I'm nowhere near them. However, I can tell you how idiot you are. And you're an idiot.
>>
File: Excuse me.jpg (6 KB, 217x232)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>29707692
I actually had to read that twice because of the grammar
>>
>>29707692

>I can tell you how idiot you are

If you're going to call someone an idiot, you should make sure you have proper grammar first.
>>
Will episode 3 make Twilight out to be an idiot?
>>
>>29707706
No, actually I don't. I care about my grammar when I'm trying to present an argument. If I'm outright insulting someone, grammar can go fuck itself.
>>
>>29707108
Did anybody even suggest it this season
FUCK
>>
>>29707717
They've done it before, so probably
>>
>>29707015
>Maud might move to Ponyville
Please no
Ship her off to canterlot instead.
Hell they could make her the royal geologist.
>>
>>29707256
>>29707192
Well, samefag, your "Argument" is "Well I don't hate this bad stuff, so there!".

So... yeah, forgive us for not being impressed when your retarded ass feels like being contrarian and doesn't get asspats for it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (52 KB, 1280x720)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>29707725
Dis gon be gud
>>
>>29707171
>At least is not "Spike takes care and get owned by Flurry" episode
True
I would love a spike does a good job with flurry heart episode though.
>>
>>29707193
Yes but discord is not the father.
>>
>>29707204
Is she pole dancing in the top right corner
>>
>>29707754
>>
>>29707725

Grammar is important, so you don't look like an idiot. Especially when you're calling someone ELSE an idiot.
>>
>>29707312
My money is on she moves to ponyville, episode says something about ponyville having more than rocks, I bet it's gonna be a "I dont do it for the rocks, I do it for (you)" ending for family feels.
>>
>>29707249
Im still mad we never got an amethyst star episode.
At least her life seems to have improved in the background.
>>
>>29707192
>if it's actually decent or not
If you mean you should just ignore when you think something is bad you are even more of a faggot then the folks who did not like season 6.
>>
>>29707328
I dunno I like pranks and on some ponies that would be a good one but pinkie is a little to attached to her sister for that not to be mean.
>>
>>29707761
>so you don't look like an idiot
Maybe I don't care if I look like an idiot when the only thing that I want to do is call someone else an idiot. I'm pretty sure that no one thinks "oh, the grammar he used to insult me was flawless, probably he's right and I'm actually an idiot"
>>
>>29707791
Enjoy your welfare and food stamps.
>>
>>29707766
From the odd mention of rocks, I assume Maud's moving will be based mostly on her noticing that Ponyville has some specific interesting rocks, and nothing else, and Pinkie's partying attempts to make Maud want to move further will backfire, resulting in Maud finding the town just too hectic.
>>
File: 00000ca.gif (64 KB, 356x294)
64 KB
64 KB GIF
>>29707791
If you’re going to be a smartass, first you have to be smart. Otherwise you’re just an ass.
>>
This thread has just turned into an argument about grammar in insults
>>
What's the next episode that they're going to rehash? I hope it's Luna Eclipsed, but like with Cadance- who am I kidding it would be Starlight.
>>
File: IMG_2510.png (364 KB, 640x640)
364 KB
364 KB PNG
I want somebody to see Twilight juggling Flurry Heart and her earlier obligations, and misunderstand with a, "The poor thing! A princess and a single mother! And at such a young age!"
>>
>>29707836
it was derailed by the hasdrone
>>
>>29707844
>Luna Eclipsed,but like with Cadence
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I would watch it though,colour me surprised if that happens or focus only on her
>>
>>29707868
What's hilarious is that Cadance had a comic about feeling unloved and unpopular, and it was one of the worst selling comics IDW ever had.
>>
>>29707868
For all the hate Cadence got from the start for being a corporate-mandated third alicorn out of nowhere, pretty much every episode she's been in has been solid.
>>
>>29707562
I would forgive the god of pneumonia for taking my grandfather.
>>
>>29707648
Except they did everything to deserve it.
Then twilight procedes to falsify legal documents and kidnap public officials.
>>
>>29707875
Solid like frozen poop.
>>
>>29707906
It's sad, you know.

4 years ago everyone would have felt like talking to Jim to wish him health and luck on his medical treatment, but as today there's people genuinely happy with the possibility of Jim dying.

Shows you how hard your image can fall when you keep doing stupid things and taking the fandom's support as granted.
>>
>>29707766
She did it for the Ponk, she did it for the ponies...
>>
>>29707312
I suppose whe will be moving for real but only for a limited time because of reasons that Pinkie ignored and so assumed it would be permanent.

At least the premise implies a considerably interaction with background characters, probably Maud will like Cranky's quiet and spartan nature over Ponyville's noisy ponies.

Look, I'm really grasping for straws here.
>>
>>29707766
But what about her other family.
>>
File: hrhr.png (554 KB, 819x1024)
554 KB
554 KB PNG
>>29707015

Does this mean we're gonna get more Maud now? Like how Trixie is appearing more now too?
>>
The Gift of Maud Pie was fun, cute and one of the better s6 eps so I'm okay with it.

Flurry Heart can die in a fire tho
>>
>>29707778
Season 6 was my 2nd favorite season. And yes, you should not complain this much about stuff you don't like. The producers won't change shit, and all you do is drag everyone down.
>>
>>29708289
We can make them all bitter and miserable just like they did to us.

Eye for eye and all hasdrones are autistic losers anyway.
>>
File: imddages.jpg (4 KB, 142x129)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>29708289
>>
>>29707015
I'm excited.
They sound cute and fun.
I've been wanting more Flurry heart for a while. We barely got anything of her in season 6 aside from the premiere.
>>
>>29707926
Actually, I'm fine with them getting whatever their victims were going to give them.
Twilight isn't a victim. She's an outsider with a fuck ton of power. She doesn't have the right to step in and intervene unless it's absolutely necessary to stop the bulls, which it wasn't.
>>
>>29708289
that's a pretty unpopular opinion. What about S6 makes it your second fav?
>>
>>29708316
Yeah, I can't wait for the shitpost and Twitter drama.

Maybe the year will have a good start if we can make Jim suffer another mental breakdown like last year, especially since he's already dying from pneumonia.
>>
File: 1459114884221.png (41 KB, 736x864)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>>29707826
>nintendo switch
biggest cuck award of 2017 belong to nintendo fags
>>
File: 00000ca.jpg (29 KB, 356x294)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>29708358
Talking about Switch and Bait!
>>
>>29707826
Is there a version of this image without that overrated piece of shit in it?
>>
File: kys.jpg (68 KB, 663x598)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>29707425
>season 3
>bad
Season 3 >> Season 5 >>>>>>>>> Pile of shit >>>>>>>>> Season 6
>>
>>29707387
Last seasons actually had a square for an Aunt Twilight ep... Too bad they were a season too early.
>>
>>29708423
Flurry Heart Episode takes care of that.
>>
>>29708420
Anon then there would be 0 ponies in it
>>
>>29708358
TWO MILLION SOLD
>>
File: 1465660763324.png (122 KB, 460x350)
122 KB
122 KB PNG
>>29708289
>2nd favorite season
Lemme guess; season 5 is your top favorite season, isn't it?

You haven't watched season 1 - 4, have you? You're a haberfag, aren't you?
>>
>>29708466
They're a late joiner who doesn't have an emotional connection to the older episodes because they weren't there.
>>
>>29707478
It annoys me that they scare a guy to tears after a fair trade that Pinkie agreed to
>>
>>29708466
Or a Jimbecile.
>>
>>29708676
It annoys me how crappy and unoriginal that scene is considering that back then this series was famous for adding new twists to old cliches.

But again, that was during Faust and Renzetti's era.
>>
>>29708466
>>29708480
>>29708680
I've seen every season and S6 is the best season
>>
File: 1490037364029.gif (2.18 MB, 471x360)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB GIF
>>29708420
Here you go.
>>
>>29708694
And this is why you are a Hasdrone. :D

Next time you want to shitpost at least try mixing some coherent shit here and there to make it less obvious, like your love for Haber's penis.
>>
I think Season 7 will be the best season.
>>
At least nu-changelings aren't taking the spotlight. Those gradients made me barf.
>>
>>29708747
so you think will be the best huh?
I bet it will end up in 4th place...better than S6 and S3 but in debate for the other ones
>>
>>29708747
But only if the movie bombs and Jim dies of pneumonia.
>>
>>29708715
Luna is still there
>>
>>29708289
Good for you, anon.

The season 6 is bad meme was forced even before half the season was done. The only ones screaming about season 6 are butthurt Twilightfags shocked the show isn't kissing their ass anymore; and maybe some Dashfags triggered their waifu's feelings got hurt a little.

New charcters got attention; alot of the guest characters were great; Discord, Spike, and Glim Glam improved a lot, the world expanded more, and the Flurry Heart damage was minimal. Season 6 is a step in the the right direction from 5.
>>
>>29707015
wtf are those bug flying green gem ponies?
>>
>>29708929
>the existence of people with different opinions is a meme
Nice meme.
>>
>>29708944
It's the ayy lmaos that invaded in season 6, Anon, don't you remember?
Glimmer had to make peace with their leader and they accepted Equus as a protectorate in their space empire
>>
>>29708956
>implying you shit posters have an opinion
Nice meme.
>>
>>29707039

>Maud episode
>says it's shit

Someone needs another session with Mr. Belt Sander.
>>
>>29708977
Honest question. Look at >>29708289. I do realize that when I shit on the show, I'm bothering people who still like it. It's a good reason to tone it down a notch.
And then I see your post. Do you think that I feel like stopping when I see a post like this one, in which you're calling me literally a shitposter?
>>
>>29708956
>>29707087
>>29708977
degenerate duty for threes
>>
File: 1243244.gif (3.43 MB, 240x196)
3.43 MB
3.43 MB GIF
>>29707015
>A Flurry of Emotions
>>
>>29709040
>degenerate duty
I don't understand this meme
>>
File: Capture.jpg (37 KB, 990x406)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>29708929
Season 6 was bad and it only got worse as the season went on. Even Equestrian Daily shills agree it's below S5, S4, and S2 (and bare in mind, this is years after most of S2's fans probably left the fandom). Twifags have every right to be a little disappointed because Twilight had no development episodes that she didn't have to share with Starlight stealing focus (Top Bolt didn't progress her character at all). Starlight effectively ate up both the opener and the finale, along with the past season's opener and finale, when she herself is a pretty flat character with no unique traits beyond 'I used to be so bad' and 'wait, I can't use magic for that?', which are both concepts touched upon and handled better in prior characters.

Half the episodes were re-hashes of earlier episode concepts (MMDW = 28Pranks Later, Lesson Zero = ELTSD), other works of fiction (Gift of the Magi, Christmas Carol), boring (PPOV, Applejack's Day Off) or just straight up awful (Cart before the ponies). The season finale imo was irredeemable garbage for worfing every single mane character for the sake of threat-level, the ending came out of fucking nowhere and had no build-up to the Changelings' redemption outside of Thorax' initial appearance, said transformation made little sense and offered no effort of convincing the bugs on the heroes' part, and more or less ruined the entire concept of the race.

The last right direction taken in MLP was where the series seemed to want to go in the first half of S5, which was lost somewhere along the way to its finale and strayed only further in S6. Starlight is being set up for more importance in S7 but she is simply not as compelling a character as the writers want to make her. I always thought Twilight stealing the focus was a problem but changing it from Twilight to Starlight is not fixing it. Unless they actually start making her interact with the Mane cast outside of Twilight more she will drag the show down more than she already has.
>>
>>29707015

Why is it always Maud??

She has other sisters.
>>
>>29709071
>The last right direction taken in MLP was where the series seemed to want to go in the first half of S5
which was?
>>
>>29709154
Limestone trampling through Ponyville's streets and barely containing her urges to bash all of these annoying ponies would be great. Especially if the episode involves her bonding with Cranky over all the stuff they both hate.

Whatever, have Starlight Glimmer and the rock horse.
>>
>>29709247
Adventure and exploration thanks to the map.
>>
>>29709247
1) Using the Map to explore more unique locations (the Equality village, Griffonstone) rather than just familiar locales like Manehatten/Canterlot, or unoriginal ones like Vegas but with ponies. Or uninteresting ones like hick-pony valley.
2) Acknowledging and expanding on background characters we've been aware of but knew little about in actuality like Twilight's school-friends or Cranky or Luna
3) Tackling big stories or threats mid-season like the Tantabus or the CMC's marks
4) Setting up philosophical rival for the Mane 6 as a collective in Starlight that I'd hoped would last more than one more episode.

The only S6 episodes that came closest to this feeling were The Gauntlet of Fire, No Second Prances, and the Times They Are a Changeling. The Crystalling dropped the question of why Flurry was born an alicorn for the entire rest of the season and likely won't be bothered with again, Trixie's return was welcomed but she was the only old character to get new development: S6 was otherwise filled with new ponies with new stories every other episode, most of which were not as compelling for me as exploring the older characters in the previous season. Basically, S5 felt like it was always setting up for something grand as it went on but its ambitions fell back down more to Earth as the time-travel episode was really just an exaggerated duel between Starlight/Twilight that resolved almost as quickly as it began. S6 didn't feel like it was setting up for anything and its rather grand adventure at the end felt like it came out of nowhere, which felt like a waste of an old returning villain that was redeemed even more easily than Starlight herself.
>>
>>29707171
I want to see an episode where Starlight travels with Pinkie Pie to meet her family and decides to bring Trixie along, except it turns out the entire family already knows Trixie because she worked on their farm for a while.
>>
>>29707620
Hydras are living and breathing creature too Twilight... you racist
>>
>Maud again

Marble and Limestone exist?

I would even accept an episode with the fluttershy 2.0 Marble
>>
>>29707192
Honestly, the first half of season 6 wasn't that bad, it just wasn't as good as season 5. The pain train only got up to full speed after the mid-season break.
>>
>>29707122
McCarthy and Vogel had NO CHANCE IN HELL!
>>
>>29707204
That freak baby should be replaced with Proncess Skyla.
>>
>>29707333
I just wish they'd put more into the stuff they're doing. I'm starting to miss the mindless action and spectacle of season 4. Sure, it wasn't very interesting, but at least you could say "hey, someone's trying". The season 6 finale could have been MLP's version of the Avengers, a set of characters with unique skills all using their abilities together to take on a changeling swarm. Instead we got the entire main cast disappearing offscreen and a bunch of jokes about how petty Discord and Trixie are, wrapped up with a speech that amounted to "friendship is good" and a transformation sequence I'd rather forget existed.
>>
>>29707239
No, she'll be fired if the movie will be a flop.
>>
>>29707263
MLP and LPS should move to Disney for a generation remake and Hasbro should buy the copyrights of Care Bears, Rainbow Brite, and Dreamworks Animation.
>>
>>29709390
I guess another way I can put it is this:

The first half of S5 seemed intent to expand on what we kne was already present but hardly explored.
Most of the latter half, and then most of S6, seemed to change this up to adding more new stuff to expand on while not really doing anything more for what was already there. Exchanging quality of existing ideas for quantity of more ideas.
>>
>>29709071
>Twifags have every right to be disappointed
No they don't! For four seasons Twilight got the lion share of development and importance. The premier and finale were basically Twilight episodes with the advantage of carrying on a plot past the 20 minute mark. Only after season 3 did Twilight get much less time in the middle of a season in favor of more mane 5. And while a nice slice, one still cut up into five pieces with more chunks taken out for the CMC. Really you could split the show before into two: Twilight eps with lore, magic, and villian battle and mane 5 in slice of life. Twilight never had to struggle to stand out like the others who would only change in title alone. Twilight's only downfall now is that her story arc is complete.

>half the episodes were re-hashes
Sorry but you don't have a point there. One anon above listed alone five other episodes in past seasons that used the baby sister plot. There's more too if you count episodes that made little tweaks to the face but used the same unlying story (Somepony Watching Over Me). A lot of episodes even pre season 3 were rehashed. Dragon Quest was straight out of G1. As for your pick of what's bad, half of what you listed could have come from past seasons. PPOV ending fell apart but had been doing something creative and different.

Do I want the Glim Glam show? No. But really what would have been different without her? Another magical thing comes from no where and btfo of every non alicorn character; the princesses are put out of the way bacause reasons; Twilight is the only one that knows what do; something along the lines of friendship being important but magic really doing the clean up? I'm just saying people shouldn't panic.
>>
>>29707358
He's a dork like his friend Jayson Thiessen!
>>
File: 1489980323462.jpg (68 KB, 480x477)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>29709519
>>
>>29709519
>The premier and finale
Who the hell cares about that, those have been shit since the Royal Wedding. Those "epic stories" or DBZ fights they throw her in barely matter at all. And after that they abandon her entirely for the rest of the season, Twilight is practically a non-character from S5 forward. Of course I am disappointed.
>>
>>29708929
The exact problem with Glimmer is that all the other characters in the show are constantly complimenting her for progress she isn't making. Can you point me to one lesson she learned during season 6 and didn't backpedal on? One good thing she accomplished without someone else suggesting it first and doing half the work? Can you point to anything she's done that didn't require someone else's normal level of competence to be obstructed so they wouldn't handle it for her?

The only good thing I can think of that she's done so far- on her own initiative, using traits unique to her- is befriending Trixie. Otherwise she's really got nothing to her name, and she still has a few very dangerous character flaws that the writers seem determined not to confront. The worst part is seeing all this and knowing that she could be great if only she was handled like an actual person instead of being thrown onto an undeserved pedestal.
>>
>>29709616
> Starlight Glimmer is seen bonding with Spike, we assumed their friendship would be a thing
> Later Haber and Miller backpedal and now Starlight has no friends and is in fact she's unable to make new friends.
> Later Starlight makes a friend and Trixie takes Spike's place
> Then later Starlight is back at being an autistic dumbass unable to feel empathy or see what's wrong with using magic on her friends (who are now retconned as not being her friends for plot's reasons despite what past episodes and her redemption montage said)
>>
File: 001.jpg (2.03 MB, 1400x2154)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB JPG
>>29707015
>A Flurry of Emotions
It better not be a rehash of this.
>>
>>29709390
I want to step in here and say that On Your Marks doesn't get the credit it deserves. That episode cleared up a lot of the confusion about the CMC's marks, acknowledged that they were still separate ponies despite their shared destiny, and even introduced a new character and a side activity for Apple Bloom in possible future episodes. It's one of the few episodes in season 6 to properly pick up the threads that S5 left hanging.

Of course, a lot of people hate it because Tender Taps was seen as a waifu thief, but that's a pretty blatant case of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
>>
>>29708676
DWK has a great take on that scene (and on Maud).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=788RIpqVhMs
>>
>>29709519
>Twilight's only downfall now is that her story arc is complete.
Where one arc ends, another can begin. I certainly don't want to pay less attention to Dash now just because she's finally a Wonderbolt. I'm sure there's more to Twilight's character that isn't solely her status as Starlight's new teacher. Just as a suggestion, expanding on a pretty mature but reasonable real-life concern for friendship: friends drifting apart, which she's been at risk to do ever since her elevated status made her more and more busy.

>Sorry but you don't have a point there.
I'm not saying it's okay when earlier seasons did it but S6 had a bigger problem with staying fresh than earlier seasons did. I'm not sure either of us feels like listing off every single episode and saying which ones felt like rehashes and which didn't, but to keep it more generalized: older seasons stand out as more memorable compared to the majority of S6. Not to say S6 did not have exceptions to that but they numbered few.
>>
>>29709703
Tender Taps was a stupid character and it was ovbious they were trying too hard to create another quirky character like the fandom made personalities assigned to background ponies.

They failed and the episode could have been much better if Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon had provided the conflict so the CMC could have helped them.

Remember Diamond Tiara? Because certainly Haber didn't!
>>
>>29707407
>ignoring the fact that there are many ways to watch them without giving Hasbro any money
>not watching shitty episodes for the sake of discussion
>not watching so you can understand why people are shitting on it and so you won't parrot something you would disagree with or just lies
>>
>>29709737
Nigger, if an episode has a retarded premise I will not watch it, period.
It's better to do that and let all of Haber and company's so-called hard work go to waste rather than paying attention to them.
>>
>>29709737
>watching shitty episodes for the sake of discussion
>my time is literally worthless and I watch things that I know that I won't enjoy because I want to prove something for some reason
>>
>>29707204
Interesting seeing Greek on a toy about a horned Pegasus.
>>
>>29709038
You are literally a shitposter.
>>
>>29709732
Seriously? He struck me as on about the same level as most other one-off ponies. He has his little side story going, the main character interacts with it in some way that helps them learn a lesson, we move forward and deliver the moral.

Have some one-episode ponies turned out to be better than the usual? Yes. Would I like to see more of Diamond Tiara? Of course. But I'm not going to throw a generally solid episode in the trash because it missed one opportunity.

If I want to complain about illogical writing, missed opportunities, and generally awful character depictions, the season 6 finale is readily available.
>>
>>29709777
>If I want to complain about illogical writing, missed opportunities, and generally awful character depictions, the season 6 finale is readily available.
Lucky trips speak true. That finale alone ruins most of S6 for me.
>>
>>29709777
>generally awful character depictions
literally what?
Say what you will about the finale but this was the thing that was consistently good
>>
>>29709774
I appreciate your honest reply. My only post about the quality of season 6 in this thread was >>29708956. If you think that that fucking post is shitposting, a post in which I'm just calling out an idiot who thinks that everyone who doesn't think exactly the same as him is memeing, if you really think that that post alone already makes me a shitposter, well, it makes everything much easier. It means that I won't have to give a flying fuck the next time I see post like those saying that people who criticize the show are "dragging everyone down".

If the people who I'm "dragging down" are morons like you, retards who don't want to hear anyone else and just want people with different opinions to shut the fuck up, I'll be more than happy to drag you down. It's actually a relief to know that I don't have to feel guilty anymore.

So, thank you, Anon.
>>
File: 1483634094376.png (148 KB, 638x358)
148 KB
148 KB PNG
There better be some god damn Marble and Limestone I've been waiting for far too long
>>
>>29709859
Everyone was completely incompetent. Team Glim made up plans on the fly that succeeded through sheer luck except Trixie, she was pretty cool. The main six pulled a Celestia and lost the fight offscreen before it even started. Discord fell for the first trap he encountered and then let Chrysalis get away after his powers returned despite having wanted nothing more than to wipe her from reality earlier in the episode. Actually, letting Chrysalis get away is a black mark on everyone's records. The changeling race switched moral alignments at the drop of a hat, and Chrysalis turned out to be evil not because it benefited her, but because she felt like it.

Even the comedy was very one-note, with most of it consisting of Discord and Trixie taking jabs at each other while Starlight and Thorax panicked.
>>
>>29709824
change S6 finale with S5 one and I could agree with it

call me crazy but,despite some flaws of To Where and Back Again,holy shit it was fun to me next to The Best Night Ever
just because it doesnt show your mane 6 waifu into a great adventure doesnt mean that the direction of the redeemed 4 wasnt worth giving a try

S5 finale did more damage on Starlight because it was really really hard to emphasize with her shitty backstory for causing everything up to the time travel mess
I didnt mind but I had to wash up my memory and see her as a new blank page every new episode she had during the season....it cost me but I've warmed up with her development and character in general

however,I cant forget how the redemption transition slowed her chances to be liked
>>
File: 1471133129914.png (217 KB, 458x539)
217 KB
217 KB PNG
>>29709753
And what if i do? What if i disagree with what the others are saying and i don't think the episodes are that bad, maybe even good? What if something important happens during them? I won't know that until i watch the episode
>muh free time
Give me a fucking break, show discussion is the only thing that gives this fucking board something close to a purpose besides containing a dying fandom, i would rather waste my time watching a shitty episode and have fun talking about it than drowning my sorrows in shitty fanfics and CYOAs, otherwise i would rather just leave this fucking fandom and do something else with my "worthless time"
>>
>>29709933
>is the only thing that gives this fucking board something close to a purpose besides containing a dying fandom
>otherwise i would rather just leave this fucking fandom
So, you think that the fandom is dying, and watching shitty episodes knowing that they will be shit is your attempt to keep it alive a bit longer.
That's much more depressive than skipping episodes, Anon.
>>
>>29709928
S5 finale went to fucking shit with Glimmer's motivation reveal.
>>
>>29709958
nice assumption but no, if i can't talk about the show i really see no point of coming here to be honest

Now that i think about it, there were many instances where i thought i knew what i knew but someone with an unpopular opinion i disagreed with came up with arguments good enough to prove me wrong and make me reconsider what i thought was an objective truth, i like this feeling, its nice
>>
>>29709987
>if i can't talk about the show
No one said that all the episodes are shit. If you skipped 6 episodes, you'd still have 20 episodes to talk about. There are shows with way less episodes per season.

If you can watch a bad episode and ignore it, good for you. But for some people a bad episode can be a reason to be mad. For example, I'm not a Twifag, but I guess that, after a season in which Twilight did nothing at all, some Twifags don't want to watch an episode where she'll probably act like an idiot.

Sure, they don't know it for sure, and they'll never know it if they don't watch the episode. But if I thought "if in her first episode in 2 seasons she's an idiot, that will ruin my weekend", I would totally skip the episode.
>>
>>29709049
>the fake episode list was less autistic than what we actually got
>>
>>29710090
Over the years there were many bad episodes, some so bad chunks of the fandom left in rage and never returned but we are still here, i don't blame people for losing hope that things will improve but i still refuse to accept skipping episodes based on bad odds
>>
File: 1489333542489.png (440 KB, 581x532)
440 KB
440 KB PNG
>>29707015
We've only seen the synopsis of a few episodes in, and already I feel like killing myself. Why did things have to go so wrong?

I really love Maud, but theyre' so scrapped for ideas that they're overusing her at this point. Where's Limestone and Marble? What about an episode about other BG ponies interacting with the M6 or something? What ever happened to Zecora doing cool stuff, the Castle of the Two Sisters still sitting out there, and so on?

Where are the good ideas?
>>
>>29710153
Eh, i feel like Discord is going to be a try hard unfunny self from What about Discord episode. We're really scrapping the bottom of a barrel if the premiere is written by Dusedau or Rapp.
>>
>>29710141
Again, it looks like you're trying to prove something. If an episode is potentially so terrible that it could make you leave the fandom, and you watch it anyway, two things can happen.

If the episode is actually terrible, you leave.
If the episode is not that bad, it's just another episode, like any of the other 143.

You have nothing to win and everything to lose. It's like playing a Russian roulette with yourself.
>>
>>29710189
Not that guy, but there's a third option; the episode is total fucking garbage but you stick around because you hold hope the next one won't be.
>>
>>29710141
it's hilarious that you mention it
look at those fans who got pretty triggered with MMDW,Derpygate or MMC(although it's between a reality and a meme with this one though,I wont touch it that much)

they left because of bad moments and guess what,most of them changed to tumblr shows and jumping from one bandwagon to another
what I mean it's that we've had eps like Princess Spike or The Cart Before the Ponies and drama aside,nobody gave a fuck or took those bad moments that seriously after a while or marked them in a way to leave all behind completely

in fact,P Spike was worth the mistake just to slap the awful humour that Jimmy approved with hwavy criticism and we ended up with Spike being a very decent character in S6

fans,despite big rivers of autism,mature and share the good and bad....but they are there to live it
>>
>>29710206
>we ended up with Spike being a very decent character in S6
When you're at the bottom of the ladder, you can only go up, tbqh. Meanwhile, everyone else who was up there are gradually being dragged down.
>>
>>29710197
I get your point, but it's still a matter of proud. "This is a total fucking garbage, but I won't let it affect me". Which, again, is great if it works for you.

But as I see it, if I watch a show it's because I like it. I don't want to prove that I'm loyal. I watch the show to enjoy it, not as some kind of twisted challenge to prove my endurance.
>>
>>29710222
nice trips

and you are right about Spike being at the bottom and that it has to rise by the rule of nature
what matters is HOW you elevate his position and the curve was much more positive than expected,so it was Starlight after the redemption:full of shit with nothing to new to give to the show,a 180 turn that mostly everyone was displeased or not taken seriously at all

I think the lowest points were the S3 finale along the EQG reveal(but it had the best drama and very delicious tears to compensate it) and the S5-S6 hiatus with inactivity and disbelief about its future

I consider that the worst part is left behind us now,as I see it because the direction is taken and there are real reasons to be hyped this year

so I consider myself optimistic in comparison to last year
>>
>>29710189
giving it the benefit of a doubt never hurts anon, so far we only had bad premises but how many times was /mlp/ wrong about an episode they thought it would be bad? bit offtopic but a comic book i like was being taken care of by two infamous people, everybody expected it to be shit but somehow they neutralized each other and it turned out great, i believe the same could happen with the show, its why i don't like to see people skipping episodes because they are afraid of them being bad, if its so bad you leave the fandom so be it, otherwise it will just be a moment of anger and despair until you get your shit together and prepare for the next one
>>
>>29710153
>I really love Maud, but theyre' so scrapped for ideas that they're overusing her at this point.


The staff has been really desperate to generate a new Derpy but cannot understand for whit what makes a character interesting and what not.
It sucks that the fandom can create better bacstories and personalities to generic background ponies than DHX itself when they try to generate a new popular character by themselves.

Fuck, if they are so empty of ideas they might as well dedicate a few episodes to Twilight and company helping out a random background pony and they are done, for example the Cakes haven't done shit since S02 and lots of people would appreciate if Caramel had an episode dedicated to his inability to stop losing things.
>>
File: C40kSYpUEAEmnRw.jpg (86 KB, 768x1024)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>29710153
>Where are the good ideas?

*Blocks the idea's path*
>>
>>29709063
neither the dutygenerate
>>
>>29710281
>giving it the benefit of a doubt never hurts anon

It has been years, and the benefit of the doubt is not a privilegie they deverve anymore.
Especially when they start the season with nothing but shit ideas and Starlight Gimmer sitting on top like a shit cherry on a diarrhea cake.

Enough is enough, we don't owe them SHIT.
>>
>>29710443
>when they try to generate a new popular character by themselves
This is the problem. They are trying to force a meme and, like every other forced meme, it is cancer. Maud is one of the tumors that is killing MLP.
>>
>>29710483
You know they are uber incompetent when they manage to fuck up DERPY, by forcing her over and over while ignoring what was what made her so beloved and popular when the original crew simply sneaked her in during the episodes like an easter egg.

Remindes me of that old Simpsons episode where Bart accidentally destroys some of Krusty's shit and his "i didn't do it" excuse was turned into a meme they milked it dry.
>>
File: 1490051846592.png (12 KB, 700x1000)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>29707192
Congratulations, you're NOT an autistic retard.
No worries though, most of the people you see complaining are complaining for the sake of complaining and/or bandwagon complaining to make it seem like they fit in.
>>
>>29710590
And then we have you who proudly claim to watch even the shittiest episodes to prove your fandom worth on front of some people you don't know and will never meet anyway.
>>
>>29710615
I don't see what your assumption has to do with endlessly crying about every single fucking thing like a retarded baby.

Also are you implying that you somehow deem episodes you've never watched shitty? Because the only way that is possible is if you don't watch whatever /mlp/ hates. Which makes you worse than i initially thought.
>>
>>29707620
Which one of those massive cucks wrote this one? Jesus Christ these people are terrible.
>>
You all scoffed for calling this the season that will end your interest.
>>
File: 568567.png (262 KB, 1004x1080)
262 KB
262 KB PNG
>>29707192
>falling for the noisy minority shitposts
dont let those autistic fucks dissuade you. theyre just upset that the show isnt dead like they want it to be.
>>
>>29707620
This still pisses me off.
>>
>>29707015
>>29707039
>>29707043
>>29707055
>>29707076
>>29707122
>>29707131
>>29707383
>>29707478

wow everyone bitching about flurry heart and maud, but no one notices that starlight and thorax have the same necklace as a sign of friendship.
>>
>>29710757
That's because we already discussed it, it's a thing for saving the day in S6 finale.
>>
>>29707620
Butcher the cows, BBQ now
>>
File: 1489380187163.jpg (140 KB, 1552x1152)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>29710757
So do Trixie and Discord get with the times bro
>>
>>29710661
All i can see is a sperglor constantly crying and moaning because other people dislikes what he likes and he lacks the balls to like something unless everyone else share his opinion.


But by all means, keep bitching and sobbing, I'm suuuure that will make everyone agree with you.
>>
>>29710728
Well, at least Jim will be dead before autumn...
>>
>>29710757
are you autistic?
>>
File: 1489949389471.gif (1.82 MB, 267x200)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB GIF
>>29710802
>thinks he isn't part of a vocal minority
>>
>>29710840
>thinks the majority are still part of the fandom
>>
Sound like first 4 episodes are utter shit. I only looking for first one to see Discord messing with Twilight but other than that it might be the worse Premiere of the season than S6 premiere.
>>
>>29710869
>thinks /mlp/ is the entire fandom
>>
>>29710141
>Over the years there were many bad episodes, some so bad chunks of the fandom left in rage and never returned

>Season 7
>Still believing people rage-quit the show
>Still not convinced the ride lasts forever.
>>
>>29710893
>thinks the viewership of the show hasn't been steadily decreasing
>>
The third episode doesn't sound all that good, but the Maud one might be good. In any case we won't know how good the episodes are until they are out, so I have some optimism for the new season.
>>
File: 48544.jpg (68 KB, 640x480)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
I feel nothing but dread for what's ahead after seeing all of this.
>>
Are people seriously still unhappy with Glim? Face it, she's great. She's down to Earth and mischievous in a way none of the others are.
>>
>>29711493
0.5 hasbrobux has been allocated to your account
>>
>>29711509
This is just pathetic, even by the standards of this place. Hasbrobux? At least call it a shekel you moron.
>>
>>29711493
It's pretty obvious it's just 1 or 2 barneyfag tier autists who still get mad.
I wouldn't believe anything else, no matter times they spam and scream and cry that it's not true.
>>
>>29711493
She's a fucking black hole for quality
Every scene she's in is lacking in pretty much anything of value because she has no personality, delivers nothing new, breaks established lore, looks fucking abominable, and is ANOTHER fucking mary sue Twilight clone.
The only interesting things about her are the people that are friends with her like Trixie and Sunburst, not anything of her own merits
>>
>>29711521
I like how you roll Anon.
>>
>>29711529
Holy fuck here comes Anon to prove >>29711521
completely correct in every respect.
>>
These episode titles sound like shit. But there IS one silver lining:

We FINALLY have a twilight episode that's NOT a starlight glimmer episode in disguise. Fucking finally.
>>
>>29711535
Face it you stupid fucking Glimmerfag
More than one person hate Starlight and what she's doing to the show
She's trash and the near whole of season 6 was trash with the premiere and finale being especially so
>>
>>29707015
>Worst baby episode
Skipping that

>Maud moving to Ponyville
Now that sounds interesting
>>
>>29710817
Here on /mlp/, who doesn't?
>>
File: 1381831621196.png (1.93 MB, 936x950)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB PNG
>>29711521
>I-it has to be just one or two people who hate glimmer guys!
>She's good, I swear!
>T-the majority likes her!
>>
>>29711535
>People hate starlight and post it
>N-no, its just one person!

God, you're delusional.
>>
File: masturboop.png (234 KB, 600x600)
234 KB
234 KB PNG
http://www.strawpoll.me/12575206
>>
>>29711557
>>29711555
>>29711545

Barney-tier faggots to the t. Without exception.

Again: you're just going to have to live with the fact that she's the best thing going in the show right now. None of the other characters have her mischeviousness or down to earthness.
>>
>>29711555
>waaahhh

Nah, shut up.
>>
>>29711570
Trixie and Discord seem to and they have personalities too!
>>
>>29711560
>>29711570
>none of the other characters have her mischeviousness or down to earthiness
do you get extra for sticking to the script
>>
>>29711548
Now this is a respectable opinion. Please, guys, one premier with Flurry Heart was enough Flurry Heart. For all time.
>>
File: 1443246887762.jpg (189 KB, 1462x1462)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>29711529
>>29711555
>>29711557

Literal autism.
>>
>>29711584
They don't have Glim's dry wit.

>>29711587
I get nothing but your hot salty tears. What more could I ask for?
>>
>>29711591
It's especially pathetic because Glim saved the S6 premier. The parts with any of her, Spike, or Sunburst were good. The rest was pretty much dreck.
>>
thank god we still have equestria girls at least
>>
>>29711610
she saved the entirety of S6 lmao
>>
>>29711625
Don't forget to bump the general before going to bed
>>
File: 1490054786205.jpg (46 KB, 473x500)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>29711625
Fact: EQG is fucking shit, kys than FIM
>>
>>29711686
Prior to glimmer, I would have agreed. but it improved (if only slightly) with LOE, while glimmer has been dragging FIM down.
>>
>>29711703
You would be correct, if it weren't for the fact that glimmer of actually the best part of the show right now.
>>
>>29711610
Glimmer didn't do shit
It was all Sunburst
>>
>>29711703
I'm gonna have to agree with this, annoyingly enough. Even though I didn't like EQG much, I'd watch all 4 again than continue on our current path with FiM.

Will the mini-series/shorts exceed it?

>>29711610
You mean Sunburst and Spike.

>>29711713
That's sad. Everytihng's gone to shit except for one horse, huh?
>>
>>29711703
but LOE was the worst one you donut
>>
>haha, what no, we all love glimmer
>glimmer is not shit
>she is a good horse, turn card over
>she is down to earth, mischevious and has a wicked sense of humor
My god, they're grouping together and amassing their shitposts
>>
>>29711748
Kek, one of the barneyfags is talking to himself now.
>>
File: 890725768.jpg (115 KB, 1280x720)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>29711748
They're fusing into a shitpost colony.
>>
>>29711797
if we're lucky, this will be the last Starlight season and her graduation is meant to write her off, like how cadence dropped in screentime and importance after the crystal empire in S3.
>>
File: Like a little bitch.png (892 KB, 761x1096)
892 KB
892 KB PNG
>>29711827
>like how cadence dropped in screentime and importance after the crystal empire in S3
But that was the episode directly after she was introduced
>>
File: Shining_mmmh.png (2 MB, 1449x1499)
2 MB
2 MB PNG
>>29711827
>cadence dropped in screentime and importance after the crystal empire
She was literally part of two back to back two-parters and has been a consistent side character throughout every season.
>>
>>29711889
she stopped having the seasonal plots and 2 parters about her.
>>
>>29711703
EQG so far only managed to top a mediocre FiM episode, a good FiM episode stills shits all over the movies

Though last season was pretty mediocre so i can't feel safe about this one
>>
File deleted.
>Tfw i gave up being a completioninst thanks to mlp s6
>It was so bad i dont even mind spoilers now so i may skip episodes
>Already skipping all 4 first eps
Why cant they make good things like when Lauren was around? I genuinely miss the good times i had with the show
>>
>putting this much stock into general synopses
WIll you fuckers never learn. Eps with interesting synopses tend to be underwhelming while one's with boring synopses tend to be better [/spoiler]probably because the the strength of the show lies in it's simplicity[/spoiler]
>>
>>29712004
name 600 worst episodes
>>
File: imaeg.jpg (28 KB, 326x341)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>29707015
>Flurry Heart
>A character based around a single joke.
Is this season going to completely revolve around shitty characters that should never have existed?
>>
File: oh.gif (720 KB, 459x608)
720 KB
720 KB GIF
>>29712100
I know that feel. Until season 6 I avoided the synopses and the trailers, and I used to watch and rewatch every episode. But some episodes in season 6 were so unspeakably awful that I started reading the synopses and watching the trailers to decide what episodes were skippable.

So far I haven't decided about any of these episodes though. It seems that the mane 6 have a song in the premiere, and I love songs, so I'll probably watch it. But the next two episodes look pretty bad, specially the one with Twilight. If the trailer shows that it's gonna be another of those episodes with nothing but cringe "humor", I'll definitely skip it.
>>
>>29712100
you do realize that Lauren really only had an effect on S1 and her influence on S2 was minimal right?
>>
>>29712689
Gotta erase everything about the original, this is their show now
>>
>>29712722
>Implying s1 wasnt the best season
I know what i said, s4 and s5 were okay thou even withouth her
I hope this is a trend with the show: two good seasons, one bad, repeat. Really dont wish for it to go down the drain as another overextended show full of shitty later seasons
>>
File: 1462988331451.webm (903 KB, 1280x720)
903 KB
903 KB WEBM
I can understand why someone might skip the guaranteed-cringe-humor
>Twilight Sparkle struggles to maintain her title as “The Best Aunt Ever” while keeping Flurry Heart out of trouble
episode, but why would one skip Celestial Advice or anything else?

Celestial Advice:
>Unsure of Starlight Glimmer's future as her student, Twilight Sparkle seeks help from her former mentor Princess Celestia.

All Bottled Up:
>Starlight loses the friendship map while the Mane Six are on a friendship retreat.

Rock Solid Friendship:
>Pinkie Pie tries to give her sister Maud a tour of Ponyville.

Sure, it has a few bad episodes, but this is still the show we love.
>>
>>29709699
I only wish, it might actually be good.

It's going to be a rehash of Baby Cakes. Twilight plans a full day then at the last moment also agrees to babysit Flurry Heart. She takes her along to every event she had planned that day, everything goes wrong, and Twilight learns to say no to extra responsibility when she's already swamped.
>>
>>29712904
Please, do not confuse "bad" with "rehash". Nobody's complain about them being bad and we can't because we haven't seen them yet. They could great episodes but that doesn't change the fact that the writers reuses scripts form earlier shows and the idw comics.

We want novelty.
>>
>>29713053
28 pranks later was a rehash of MMDW, but it was still better. Mediocre episode but still better than MMDW.
>>
>>29712689
The show is now about, Starlight, Thorax, Trixie, Sunburst, Discord and Flurry.
They're the new mane 6.

Get used to it.
>>
File: fffffffffffffffffff.gif (14 KB, 300x300)
14 KB
14 KB GIF
>>29713061
So?! A rehash is still a rehash, no matter the quality!

What's the point of having a map of Equestria with a thousand places to go to if every single episode is gonna take places in the same four fucking places?!

Fucking nuke Ponyville, Canterlot, Manehattan & Crystal Empire so there never have to be a single episode there ever again!!
>>
>>29713061
>it was still better
It wasn't for Dash. In MMDW she was a hero who just wanted attention to feel validated, in 28PL she was a fucking idiot who just wanted to have fun and didn't care about her friends. And the moral was exactly the same in both episodes "if your friend does something you hate, do the same", which is a terrible moral.
>>
File: 1421489204923.jpg (257 KB, 663x1024)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
>>29712904
Well we have

>baby cakes 2.0
>its gonna be Twilight screaming while FH uses her magic and flies around causing all kinds of shenanigans until Shining and Cadence come back when she is already asleep and Twiggy says there is nothing wrong going on (also something about she talking with herself the whole time, maybe one of them says Twilight can watch out for FH more nights leading to an hilarious ending)

>Celestia episode except its about Glimmer fucking up about something just to be forgiven again by the end of the episode
>if we are lucky we will get a nice speech from sunbutt

>Starlight tries to fix shit with magic and fails
>something something Spike

>Pinkie Pie annoying the shit out of everybody while Maud is just standing there
>obligatory Maud speech at the end
>something something family is important blablabla cute soundtrack and laughs roll credits

This is what i got from the premises and what people said, i think the issue here isn't the episodes being cringe worthy, but more like they being too "safe", too by the book, reusing the same old concept we saw many times in the past while hiding behind "its just a kids show" to justify its mediocrity, part of what made FiM blow up in the first place was how beyond expectations it turned out to be (it did helped that people didn't expected much), this just feels like meh, not good or bad, just meh and wasted potential with bad decisions to remind you the show will never be as good as you want it to be
>>
>>29713084
>Fucking nuke the Crystal Empire
FTFY, that entire location should be used as a cancer containment zone, we already have the Donut Steel family and the special snowflake species, just send Glimmer there and send everybody to kill with a mana bomb
>>
>>29713154
Good one, anon!
Please, enjoy season 7 and it's 16 episodes taking place in that specific location, anon-san
>>
>>29713164
>16 episodes of Twilight trying to find the bodies
fund it
>>
>>29711713
Best part of the show right now is fluttercord and possibly Spike with Thorax and Ember. Mane5 and Twilight are stagnant and with no purpose. CMC became irrelevant. Glimmer is just annoying and only act as a magnet to a more interesting characters like Trixie and Sunburst. The show is almost kill.
>>
A B A N D O N S H I P
I T I S O V E R
>>
>>29707686
>What is it about new maud episodes and a complete lack of originality?
Because the character itself had none to begin with.
>>
>>29713888
Fuck, man, you made her cry. You're a monster.
>>
>>29713896
That's not funny.
>>
File: the face of true joy.gif (411 KB, 380x380)
411 KB
411 KB GIF
>>29713942
It's hilarious, actually. Maud liked my post so much that she can't stop laughing now.
>>
>>29713950
Nope. It wasn't very funny the time, and after that it became Cheese-from-Foster's level annoying.
>>
File: 1466210394568.jpg (23 KB, 350x315)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>29713896
>>29713950
Shit like this is why i find Maud interesting, not fun, just interesting, its a nice break from all the characters we see everywhere
Her episodes are shit thou
>>
>>29708963
that would have been a better season, minus the Glimmer
they should have landed on her, crushing her to death with their spaceship
>>
>>29707015
Finally another Twilight episode.

I like the sound of these premises.
>>
>>29708358
>>29708420
>>>/v/
nobody wants you here, faggots.
>>
>>29707015
>Pinkie has a bunch of sisters
>it's even established that she goes with her sisters to PSSD
>here have more Maud
Fucking lazy writers, going for the easy already-done-a-million-of-times stories.
>>
File: 1433534572600.png (361 KB, 1600x1576)
361 KB
361 KB PNG
>it's another "Twilight is an useless idiot for the sake of the plot" episode
Being a twigfag is suffering nowadays.
>>
File: 1476806094229.png (74 KB, 833x943)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>>29714121
>nowadays
More like since the end of S4. Get ready for another round of shitposting about her. And it's not like it's unjustified either. Fucking hell.
>>
>>29712859
>season multiple of 3 bad
>otherwise average or good
You blew my mind anon.
>>
>>29714164
>End of S3.
There you go.
>>
File: 1370478107831.png (163 KB, 388x310)
163 KB
163 KB PNG
>>29714164
That's actually what I was trying to say, after the wings. Sometimes I forgot S4 aired years ago.

In all those years we got what, 2 episodes where she was like herself: Testing Testing and Amending Fences. God fucking dammit.
>>
>>29714215
S4 was still enjoyable until the treebrary got blown up and Twilight spent the entire season sleeping.
>>
Still waiting for that "Mystery episode with Dr Hooves and Derpy, where she's the only one who can see an anomaly happening because of her defective eyesight" promised episode pitch.

At this point even blatant fanservice is better than the synopsys we have seen so far.
>>
File: I1kU8RNiTJM.jpg (111 KB, 458x1080)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>29714221
I personally also liked her in Trade Ya and Twilight Time.
>>
>>29714369
What the hell are you talking about?
>>
>>29715221
Back during s05 one of the staffers talked about this idea of making a Derpy-centered episode where her derped eyes allowed to see something the other ponies couldn't, and that certain something was behind of some unnamed incidents.

It wasn't something scripted, but something they would like to try doing.
>>
File: 1368010.jpg (122 KB, 561x344)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>29707015
>Flurry of Emotions
Probably going to hate this one. Twilight makes an over-complicated day for a baby as if she's forgotten that babies don't give a shit about anything, and at first it's working out and Shining's all "You're the Best Aunt Ever!" so she starts sperging out and nearly kills Flurry on accident...

>Rock Solid Friendship
Didn't they basically do this plot in Maud's original episode in Ponyville? Sounds kind of rehashy, but instead of Maud not enjoying Pinkie's friends, she just doesn't enjoy anything but the geology of Ponyville. At the very least, I hope they bring back Rarity's gem-finding spell as a bonding thing. On that note, it'd be fun if Spike eats a gem in front of Maud.
>>
>>29713154
>kill with a mana bomb

Garrosh did nothing wrong.




Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.