[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/mlp/ - Pony

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: dox-mango.png (236 KB, 1600x1600)
236 KB
236 KB PNG
>You are Mango, a batpony from Las Pegasus.
>Or rather were...
>You've been a vampire now for a few decades now. Longer than you had been 'alive' at any rate.
>Those first few months were hectic and you felt completely out of your depths, but now you settled into Ponyville's old ruined castle and have made a pretty uneventful life for yourself.
>You don't have to worry about feeding, as after you got your bloodlust under control, the bloodpacks the hospital sent you were easily enough to keep you healthy.
>Sometimes you'd hunt the bars for one-night stands were you could sneak some fresh blood.
>Princess Grump up in her gaudy crystal spire owes you enough favors that she mostly looks the other way. You now even consider her a friend, if not a super close one.
>But all in all, you spend your days cleaning up the castle and caring for the small orchard of exotic fruit trees you planted years ago.
>Bananas, pineapples, papayas, dates, coconuts and, of course, mangos. Even if they don't fill you up anymore, they still taste amazing, and you enjoy growing them.
>Now, Nightmare Night is coming up, and the town is putting on a contest for best Haunted House.
>You've got a spooky castle and undead powers... You think you'd have a pretty good shot at the prize.
No knowledge of Vamp CYOA is needed or expected to play. Some references might be made to past events, but this is an entirely new story.
>>
>>31069914
We totally got it. We're a vampire, and the princesses did most of the work a thousand years ago.
>>
>>31069914
Make sure to take a bath. We want to be scary, not stinky.
>>
>>31069914
Sure, castles are spooky. We need to step it up a notch though. Blood on the walls, wails in the depths, doors slamming behind guests. First prize isn't guaranteed until someone pees themself.
>>
>>31069914
Go down and sign up.
>>
>>31069931
>>31069970
>Yeah, this won't be too hard. You left most of the old stuff in too, at least as far as the secret passages and stuff.
>You kinda sold those spooky suits of armor and the organ off for money to fund your little orchard project.
>You kinda regret that now, but at the time it was totally worth it!
>Then again, you have much grander plans than those thousand year old spooks.
>You won't get 1st prize with anything but the newest, most innovative scares. You know some illusions that might do the exact trick.
>>31069955
>>31070005
>You have been out tending to the plants, so a shower does sound nice.
>You hang up the big sunhat you use to keep the few sunrays that pierce the Everfree's canpoy and head on in.
>Then clean yourself up and head into town to sign up.
>This a good opportunity to scope out the competition. You look around and see a few familiar faces among the dozen competitors. The Cake Twins, Spike and...
>The Apple clan is represented by... hm.? You forgot the younger one's name. Blossom? She's covered in paint splotches and gets there just ahead of you.
>You have to flutter up a bit to see over her when the Mayor announces the rules.
>Pretty standard safety stuff. No touching, ect.
>You have until Nightmare Night begins at 7:00pm.
>You sign the sheet eagerly.
>You also overhear the Cake Twins and 'Blossom' boasting to each other.
"Ah reckon we'll stomp all over newcomers like yourselfs. Mah family's been running our patented haymaze every year, andnow that there's a prize, well, we've got this in the proverbial sack."
The twins just laugh "You're old hat, AyBee. You won't be able to scare anyone under 30."
"Oooooh, property taxes oo~oo~ooh" The mare jeers
>'AyBee' gives a halfhearted chuckle.
>>
>>31070148
No time to interact with others. Go get started on our scares.
>>
>>31070148
A maze might work. A small one in the orchard maybe. We could chase pones through it.
>>
>>31070148
Wait prize? what is the prize for this year Hunted House contest?
>>
>>31070148
Ah, if the maze goes a little further than painting some sticks white, I'm sure it'd be spooky enough.
Besides, I figure I'll be giving all of you a run for your money.
>>
>>31070183
>You've got a week or so. Won't hurt to see what everyone else is up to.
>>31070202
"Wait? There's a prize?"
>You ask
"Yes Ma'am," The Mayor answers, "We're going to give the best Haunted House a trophy modeled after the house. Cast in solid Gold. Er, second and third place will get normal trophies as well, but that's the Big Kahuna"
>>31070191
>>31070232
"Huh, well. If the maze goes a little further than painting some sticks white, I'm sure it'd be spooky enough. But I will be giving you all a run for your money."
>Applebutt rolls her eyes
"Its spookier than anything you could pull off."
The twins laugh "Well, at least if she wins the trophy will look better than a weird golden maze."
>You're not sure you'll get anywhere with these three.
>Maybe you should just look for some scare supplies.
>>
>>31070407
Let go supplies hunting, we need the best stuff to scare these ponies horseshoe off.
>>
>>31070407
Let them argue. Let's go pick up some stuff.
>>
>>31070407
Anywhere sell fishing bait? We could get some maggots to creep pones out..
>>
>>31070407
Fire. Fire is scary.
>>
>>31070407
We should ask around about the history of the Apple's maze.
>>
>>31070407
Well, the town probably already knows that Mango's a vampire. All we gotta do is play up the vampireness as much as possible.
And we need an appropriate traditional outfit for ourselves as well.
>>
>>31070432
>>31070441
>>31070448
>You let the three bicker and head to grab some supplies.
>Fishing bait might be a great source of maggots or worms... Those will be great.
>You can make fake fire with your illusions... but maybe some coals to make it actually a bit hotter?
>You might should also get some hedge plants if you want a maze. Hopefully you can grow those in time.
>>31070581
>Your 'condition' is a bit of a poorly kept secret. You're not sure if it would be the best idea to confirm those rumors. It might win you the prize.. but it might bring unwanted attention too. You kinda preferred being a hermit.
>>31070497
>While you're at the fishing shop, you notice a sea pony mare that was in the line to the Competition sign ups.
>Seems she had a similar idea about the worms.
>You decide to break the ice
"So, you tossing in your hat in the ring too? Heard anything about the Apple's maze?"

"Oh, well, not too much. I'm a little new in town. I heard that a family friend once made their maze so scary that she never made a maze again, after seeing how scarred her friends became of her."
"H-hopefully that doesn't happen here. I was hoping that this might let me make some friends."
>>
>>31070635
I'm sure you will be fine.
Besides however scary your stuff is my own house will make everybody forget about how bad you scared them.
>>
>>31070635
I don't think we need a hedge maze. The castle's pretty big and spooky as-is. We'd do better work dressing it up than growing a maze out of our garden. More of a guided walk kind of haunted house, no?

Mood lighting, torches, spiderwebs, some illusions that jump out at ponies would be nice, and of course you need to end it all off with something loud and scary that chases them out of the house.
I think we'd be best with something that gives the idea of stalking them, but never becomes fully in-view until the end of the house when it chases them out.

Tell her that she shouldn't worry too much about that, it's all in good fun. Also introduce yourself.
>>
>>31070682
We should not over hype how scary our hunted house is going to be.
>>31070635
As long you don't go over board then you will be fine. buy some worms for spooks.
>>
>>31070635
Can we use illusion magic to subjugate the lesser minds of the Evergreen critters like the rockadiles, timberwolves or manticores?
>>
>>31070707
Yeah. Let's not hype it. Let's leave it a surprise for them.
>>
>>31070707
>>31070788
Agreed
>>
>>31070635
Actually, we could play up the rumors and pose as a theatrical vampire.
>>
>>31070794
Nah.
>>
>supplies to gather:
Coal, firewood (from the forest?), torches, spider webs, candles, skulls and bones (real or fake?), some meat set out in the open to rot, gallons of fake blood (combine with illusions, a book on trigger traps, micelanous parts for traps

>Queries:
Can Mango magically grow plants fast for the purpose of guiding ponies through the haunted castle with some tall plants? Can she subjugate creatures? Can she make illusionary smells? Can she uproot one of the tree's with a face and plant it within the castle?
>>
>>31070794
I'd rather not hype up the vampire part. THE HAUNTED CASTLE OF THE TWO SISTERS!!!" would be better and good enough.
>>
>>31070853
If we go that direction, than we should check with Twi for some historical junk.
>>
>>31070682
>>31070707
>>31070788
>>31070790
"Well, I think you'll do fine. Great minds think alike, eh?"
>You show her your worm and maggot purchase
"Oh, that's even better! Thanks , uh..."
>You grin
"Mango! Nice to meet ya"
She gives a small nod.
"Likewise. I'm Seaweed."
"Well, Weedy, just don't go overboard and I'm sure you'll be fine. "
>You think to yourself 'Besides, I'll blow this little fishy out of the water.'
>You leave the fish shop with some new plans.
>>31070768
>>31070847
>You can charm animals and ponies.
>Though probably just one at a time.
>You can grow things pretty well, but not on the fly like that. You could have some shrub sized plants grown by the time Nightmare night needs to roll around.
>You could make a smelly still image, or a loud still image, or a moving image, or a combination of smell and sounds.
>>31070870
>You could check with the Princess about books and junk. She's sure to know about what ever spike is planning too.

>You're able to grab the torches, meat and some candles in town without much trouble.
>You could also get some pig bones from the Griffon butcher, though they might not look totally like pony bones...
>>
>>31070870
Remember how no one knew about Nightmare Moon when she first appeared in season one? I don't see how making it historically accurate will make it scarier.
>>
>>31070903
I want the illusionary smell of blood to go with the fake blood and pig bones. We can always get creative. Select some bones and put them here and there, maybe break some into pony skeleton size. Is a Timberwolf king a single creature or multiple ones?
>>
>>31070903
Should we get one of those glowers that turn ponies into trees or is that too risky.
>>
>>31070906
Not accurate, but we can get some inspiration.
>>
>>31070903
Where can we buy some discount armor and weapons? What's cheaper? Real old weapons or plastic ones? Let hit up the party city and junk yard.
>>
>>31071010
Way too risky
>>
>>31070903
Are there anymore of those discord vine plants?
>>
>>31070903
>You could also get some pig bones from the Griffon butcher, though they might not look totally like pony bones
They'll be enough to scare them anyway. Vegetarian race. Meat bones.
>>
>>31070932
>You've only ever charmed the small Timberwolves... You can always try though, not like those things could really hurt you.
>>31071043
>You've tried really hard not to deal with that sort of thing since... well.
>You know you can get real weapons over at the Adventuring Guild, and you own a nice double barrel shotgun you keep hung over your bed in the castle.
>Old habits die hard...
>You bet you could get some of the broken or discarded weapons off them for pretty cheap.
>Though you'd hate to run into her there...
>>31071070
>Mango has never heard of discord vines...
>>31071148
>Yeah, those bones will do fine. You get about as many as you'd think go into a pony sized body. The ribcage looks extra spooky, you think.

>So, to the Adventuring Guild or the Palace?
>>
>>31071299
Adventurer's Guild. Just pray we dont run into her. We'll be quick too. Get in, get out then be done with it. Just need to buy some old armor and weapons.
>>
>>31071299
Oh and some fake skulls.
>>
>>31071299
Guild.
Who is she?
>>
>>31071299
Who's "her"?
>>
>>31071464
>>31071484
It's twiggle sporkle.
>>
>>31071491
Twigs hangs out at the adventurer guild?
>>
>>31071326
>>31071464
>>31071484
>You swallow and head for the Guildhall.
>She probably won't be there, and even so she's probably not going to still be upset?
>It's been... a long time.
>You step in and see... no one you recognize.
>phew
>You're able to cut a deal, with a bit of charming, for some free armor scraps and rusty swords
>Probably even better than if they were clean and sharp, you think.
>You are about to leave when you hear her voice
"Mango! You got some kinda nerve coming inhere after what you pulled."
>A short but stocky cream colored mare with an eyepatch and crimson hair calls to you.
>Oh shit.
"Uhhhh. Hi Crim, I'mjustpassingthrough..."
>She glowers a bit
"Nonsense, come on over and have a drink. We haven't talked in.. 5 years now? I think you owe me that much!"
>She levitates a stool under you and pulls you over to the bar.

Gonna call it for tonight. Be back soon. Excited for this miniquest. Hope everyone else is enjoying it as much as I am.
>>
>>31071580
So you're still mad, then.
>>
>>31071580
Accept our fate. Time for QM to fill in some blanks.
>>
>>31071580
Stay back. I have swords.
>>
>>31071580
Try to be a goddamn adult about the awkward situation this puts us in with mixed results.
>>
>>31071580
Is it the eye, I bet it has something to do with the eye. I expect other ponies to hate us, but Crim...we must have fucked up pretty good.
>>
>>31072528
So this isn't a feud from the original quest?
>>
>>31071580
accept the mare offer, what the worst that can happen.
>>
>>31072898
No, the character is from the original quest, but we were on good terms.
>>
bump
>>
>>31074487
>>
>>31073861
Wonder what the fights about then.
>>
>>31075073
>>
>>31075933
>>
>>31072898
She worshiped us even, we we're her fangirl crush.
>>
>>31071599
>>31072528
>>31075535
>>31073861
>Crim was, really she still is, a close friend of yours from when you first became a vampire.
>She used to look up to you
>She's a guild wizard now, and probably knows more spells than Twilight, though less about the theories or history of them.
>She also has a bit of a reliability problem. Her spells misfire often.
>But that has gotten a lot better than it used to be.
>She pulls your stool up to the bar.
"Two mango screwdrivers, sir. My tab. Now, Mango, come clean... why have you been avoiding me? I know I yelled a bit last time..."
>You stare at the drinks as they slide over to you.
"Well, being accused of killing ponies makes me a little..."

"I never said you killed them."

"It was implied."

>Crim angrily whispers
"Mango... you and I know how powerful you are... you could be. But all you do is waste that talent growing fruit. Guild-ponies die every week combating evil, and you just sit here on your ass doing nopony any good."
"I never asked to be given these powers Crim. And you were there to see what ambition does to.. ponies like me. It twists them into evil... I just can't do that."
>Crim stirs the drink a bit and then swigs a large gulp
"I... I'm sorry you thought I blamed you for those deaths. I just know that if you'd come on that mission, three ponies would still be alive today. Anyway... what brought you into the guild? Obviously not to see me."
>>
>>31077753
We decided to the haunted house contest and came here to buy some junk. As for being able to protect others with my power, ponies aren't exactly comfortable with what I am so any actions that might reveal that can, in the end, cause more harm than good.
>>
>>31077753
I'm entering a haunted house contest. In the planning stage right now so I'm gathering props.
>>
>>31077753
I'm gonna win the scary house competition
>>
>>31077753
If it make you feel any better, I can try training Everfree critters and loaning thwn out to you.
>>
>>31077914
>You'd still have to be able to see the beast to keep it under control. You'd have to come along still.
>>31077894
>>31077845
>>31077792
"I'm entering a Haunted House competition. Just grabbing some props"
>You jangle the bag of armor scraps and rusty swords

"Sounds like a lot of fun. You know, I don't really have any missions lined up right now. I'd like to catch up. If you need help with anything, just ask."
>>
>>31078052
Have any idea how to make a spooky castle in a spooky forest even spookier?
>>
>>31078052
Why don't you come help me set up? I could always use some help from one of the best wizards. *Wink wink*
>>
>>31078052
Wanna fuck?
>>
>>31078114
>>31078217
"I could use some help setting up. Especially from the best wizard I know."
>You give Crim a big wink
"Aw, come on, you don't have to butter me up that much. I'd be glad to help. You couldn't scare a fly without my help anyway."

>Crimson Sash has joined the party

>You let her in on your current plans. Worms, maggots, illusions, ect.

"Hmm, all that sounds pretty good on it's own, but you know, what gets ponies scared best is if they can pretend it's all real. You should come up with some kind of central story."
"Like, I remember getting sent on a mission to clear some ghosts from an old mansion. "
"Turned out the ghosts were fake, and the guy was just trying to steal all the antiques, but he'd sold everypony in town the story about the ghosts being old Bison spirits, something about Appaloosa being built on old Bison burial grounds."
"You've got a good basis here, with the castle being owned by the Princesses.I'd do something with that."
>>
>>31078373
Good idea. We should spread some rumors. Maybe something something vampire.
>>
>>31078373 #
Alright Crim, that's fun enough.

Ok, so there's a story that it was something about the castle that drove luna bonkers, they say it's just a legend and I never believed it until I came face to face with it one day bruh. I began seeing shadows out of the corners of my eyes, wolves begain roaming the periphery, baleing, but stoping dead in their tracks at the property line. I even saw one swerve into a tree while chaseing a rabit, choosing to break it's neck rather than step one paw on the unholy ground.

Soon the shadows became clearer, taking on twisted forms, mockeries of the dead and deformed. They apeared quickly and in mirrors, just long enough to keep me questioning my sanity.

Then they grew voices.

How's this working for you crim? Anyways yadda yadda pony of shadows yadda cursed dead earth that I keep at bay under my fruit trees. Eldritch abomination always lurking.

What ya think?
>>
>>31078455
>>31078546
>Crimson muses for a bit
"Could spread some rumors about vampires, eh?"
>You roll your eyes
"I dunno. I've been thinking about going more public with my condition.. but I'm not sure I'm ready."
>You're also mot sure how well that might go over with what few other vampires remain.
>All in all it will just bring more attention to you.
>Good and bad
>>31078546
"How about this..."
"Something about the castle that drove Luna bonkers. Evil shadows and such? I think there's already a local legend about some Pony of Shadows. "
"Working?"

"It's a start. Maybe you can find out more about the legend? Fulfill whatever it's supposed to do or want."

"Yeah, I was already thinking about asking Twilight for some spooky books. Might be a good place to ask."
"I also still needed to get a few more props. Fake blood, some wood or coal... maybe both."

"Well, where ever you're going, I'll be comin... er, following."
>>
>>31078317
So did we at any point in the original quest?
>>
>>31078455
I thought we were avoiding blatantly vampire stuff.
>>
>>31078700
Think any of the adventure might be willing to help shell out the haunted castle by looking injured and expressing realistic death knells?
>>
>>31078700
Then let's go see the princess
>>
>>31078700
Eh, there's still the council, and I imagine Celestia still fuckin hates vampires.
I'd say Pony of Shadows is probably a better route to go.
>>
>>31078931
>Yeah... while the council itself really only has power or interests within Manehatten, you'd rather not get their attention.
>Celestia... well the less she knows the better, but she does know about you, if not the exact details.
>Once Twilight told her how you helped the whole nation out, she couldn't exactly be that mad at you.
>>31078922
"We could get some adventurer to pose as someone that's been mauled by our Shadow Pony."

"Not a bad idea. I could do this!"
>She takes off her eyepatch and puts a faux scary face on with the empty socket.
"Could do something with some makeup too"

"Y-yeah. Just put that back on. Let's see if Twilight can help"

>You head up to that damn pink eyesore and knock on the door.
>Spike's head takes up most of it as he lets you in
>He's been working on his own Haunted House.
"I'm gonna dress up as a dragon! Won't that be terrifying!"

>You and Crim exchange glances
>Twilight saves you from having to be rude to Spike as she comes down the spiral stairs with a trunkload of luggage.
"Wasn't expecting you here Mango. Did you need anything?"

"Just Library access... or maybe I could pick your brain about some local lore?"

"Dunno about the latter. I'm headed up to the Crystal Empire with Luna and Celestia. Going for a retreat until Nightmare Night. Celestia really hates this holiday."
>>
>>31079167
I figure she could lighten up.
Even Luna learned to have fun with it real quick.

I'm just looking for stuff about the Pony of Shadows,.
>>
>>31079181
"I'm just looking for books on the Pony of Shadows."

"You know it's not real right? Just an old foal's tale..."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm trying to hype up my Haunted House."

"Oooh, sounds fun. Spike said something about entering that little contest too."

She lets you enter the library and you look for some books on the topic...

It takes you a few hours, but you pull three books that might have good info.

'The Aftermath of the Alicorn Civil War,' 'Folklore of Southern Equestria' and 'Monsters of the Everfree'
>>
Pausing for the night. See you tomorrow!
>>
>>31079376
Borrow all three.
>>
>>31079376
Folklore of southern equestria first.
>>
>>31079376
I say monsters of the everfree, could prove useful to us.

Also yay for this coming back! Even if temporary, I loved this quest.
>>
>>31079376
Borrow all three, promise twilight we'll even return them in good condition this time.
>>
>>31079376
Seduce Spike
>>
>>31080935
Not the time. We need to focus on our house.
>>
>>31081166
But he could help out.
Hey. Shouldn't spike be an adult? It's been a few decades.
>>
>>31080935
no
>>31081166
this
>>
>>31081166
Yes. We aren't gonna fuck spike.
>>
>>31081362
>But he could help out.
That would be a conflict of interest.
>>
>>31079376
Is spike a big buff dragon boi? Do he still like Rarity? Is he single?
>>
>>31081362
>>31083667
It said spikes head took up most of the door.
>>
>>31083730
W-wew. Big stronk testosterone pack dragon man.

Which way does Mango's door swing? Has she tried dragon blood yet?
>>
>>31084460
Wait I thought we were a stallion.
>>
>>31085082
Mango is a grill
>>
>>31085840
Shiiieeet
>>
hoo boy as soon as I plan to start Nips
comes back...
Starting way later than I'd planned, sorry

>>31079440
>>31079452
>>31079815
>You scan through the Folklore book, and it does have a section on the

>>31079829
>Twilight left while you were searching... she just said you could take one...
>Buuuut...
>>31080935
>>31081362
>>31082961
>>31083667
>>31084460
"Hey, Spi~i~ike... would you don't think Twilight would mind me borrowing three books do you?"

"Huh? For what?"
>The dragon snakes his head into the library.
>He's got the headpiece of his costume done
>It's a stuffed dragon head, with his actual head poking out the mouth.
>It's actually pretty impressive how well he's able to make his giant reptilian visage look utterly silly.
"Oh nothing. But you'd tell her that you let me right?"

"This is for your Haunted House, I bet. Why should I give you an edge?"

>You pride yourself on being a damn good flirt, and Spike is far from a baby dragon... but... maybe you shouldn't play all your cards on the first turn, eh?
>>
>>31086194
So you'd actively sabotage your opposition?
>>
>>31086194
Because I was the one that actually came to research it. Intellectual curiosity should be rewarded. Hasn't Twilight taught you that?

And then maybe some light flirting on top of that if he isn't going for it.

>spoiler
Like anyone still here remembers Nips.
>>
>>31086194
Maybe we could work together? A big, strong handsome dragon in a castle to keep a mare company, while she scares the willies out of ponies sure would be nice.
>>
>>31086194
Come on. This could be /our/ haunted house. Double the people means double the chance of victory.
>>
>>31086194
Aww, come on, Spike. It's a library, they're books.

Going as a dragon this year?
>>
>>31086450
>>31086464
This.
Team up.
>>
>>31086249
>>31086263
>>31086485
>>31086485
"Aww, doesn't seem like it would be very fair. Shouldn't you reward curiosity?"

"But..."

"I mean, isn't that something Twilight is all about? Learning? What would Twilight think if she knew you were standing in the way of knowledge?"

"Augh... fine... but you owe me one, alright?"

>>31086450
>>31086464
"You know, it doesn't look like you've made a whole lot of progress spooking up this palace yet... It's also a bit too uh, sparkly..? At least in my mind. Why don't you join up with me and Crim? We'd have a better chance together."
>Spike seems to consider it for a moment...
"I dunno, I already signed up as my own competitor, plus, I really did want to do this on my own. Sorry. "

"Ah, well that's a shame. We'd be great company, I think."

>Spike snorts a bit
"Well, enjoy the books. I'll look forward to beating you in the finals."
>>
>>31086882
Best of luck, Spike.
>>
>>31086882
How about I give you some extra motivation. If I win you have to take me on a date. Better work hard to avoid that.
>>
>>31086920
Do what this guy said. Wish him luck and off we go.
>>
>>31086920
>>31087120
"Best of luck then."

>You toss the books into your bags and head home, ready to start setting the actual spooks up.
>You did still want to get some fake blood, though you do have a freezer filled with the real deal...
>Then again, that's your food for the rest of the month.
>>
>>31087145
Hmh, what time is it, if it ain't late, it would be a fair to check around the town, might be a place to buy food coloring.
>>
>>31087145
Maybe we can get some old blood from the hospital. That stuff does have an expiration date after all.
>>
>>31087145
Red food dye, water and corn starch. There now you have fake blood.
>>
>>31087160
>>31087162
>>31087190
"Alight, Crim, I got nearly everything, just need some blood to use as a prop. I was thinking that I might check the hospital and see if they have any like expired blood.. could use that. Or maybe use my stockpile... though then I'd have to feed some other way."

"Uh, Mango..."

"I wonder if there are any party stores... do they sell fake blood still? Luna knows they like to keep foals from enjoying Nightmare night now..."

"Mango, you can just get some red food coloring, water and cornstarch. We used to use that mix every year. My Dad liked making the foals get their candy out of a bowl filled with it. Thought that was hilarious."

"Oh... well, in my defense I've had a long time to think about getting real blood."

>You and Crim get your supplies easily and head to the castle.
>You notice that the rope bridge is still out.
>You've fixed it before, but the forest isn't kind to raw logs and old rope you found in the castle's under-croft.
>Luckily Crim can just levitate herself over... but you might need to fix that for the visitors.
>Might be a good spot for the first spook...
>>
>>31087286
Fug. Is Mango carpenter material enough to make a new rope bridge for the castle?

Crim know any fixing magics? Or maybe there's a carpenter guild or something?
>>
>>31087286
But what should we put here? A Timberlake? A skeleton prop?
>>
Getting real late. I'll let everyone think this over, now that we're getting into the real spooks
>>
>>31087537
A timberlake is to scary, comon man, fillies will be coming here.

>>31087286
Alright, i got an idea. How about a zip line. Then maybe we can magic up some spooky fog with creepy faces and whispers of the damned for the slide across. It's a little ambitious, but it'd be a nice spooky start. then they can splat down in a puddle that starts a blood trail. Dimly lit, with our latest wolf bros to assist with some howling in the background.

We'll make it safe of course, put some magic floam down there or something, in case things go wrong.

Also, that's some impressive magic crim, they got a pair of wings on reserve for you yet?
>>
>>31087286
How deep is the chasm the bridge is for? Maybe we can have a staircase up and down and have a spook at the bottom.
>>
>>31087537
The fuck is a timberlake
>>
>>31087963
In my tired mind it translates to timberwolf

>>31087777
I like the idea of timberwolves adding in on the Ambience with scary howling. We can bribe them with meat. Then eventually train them some day.
>>
>>31087936
Why not a https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IS6n2Hx9Ykk
>>
>>31087286
Add a no jumping sign
>>
>>31087286
A timberwolf head with candles
>>
bloody boned bump
>>
>>31090508
>>
>>31091703
>>
Probably not going to be able to update tonight.
Sorry.
If the thread is still up, I'll be on tomorrow, but I'll likely also have to skip Sunday.

Thread up or down, I'll update Monday!
>>
So tempted to hijack this like I always wanted to right now but I'm not going to because I'm all talk and was never going to do it anyways plus I'd never be so disrespectful as to do it in the middle of someone else's story although I might ask about doing another mini after this is over if it disappears again but really I won't bump.
>>
>>31094193
With that punctuation and stream of consciousness?
I'm tempted to say don't.
>>
>>31094193
After this I probably won't be doing another Vampony story.

But I would prefer you let me finish this one.
>>
bump
>>
>>31094867
Well that's mighty unfortunate. The first one had an...uneventful end. Someone should really take it over.
>>
>>31095751
>>
>>31094867
Sorry, I just got carried away varying my bumps, I won't do the spaz bump again bump
>>
>>31098907
>>
>>31101133
>>
>>31102368
>>
File: poxsv1b6w4xmjt.jpg (24 KB, 337x450)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>
fresh and clean bump
>>
>>31087319
You're talent is fruits, not carpentry.

"Crim,can your magic fix a bridge?"

"Eh, kinda... I could rejoin cut ropes or small cracks in the wood, but I can't make new planks out of nothing."

>>31087936
The chasm is about 15 to 20 feet deep. Closer to 20 where the bridge was.

>>31087537
>>31087777
>>31088034
>>31089285
Timberwolves are pretty mean... You could try to catch one for this, but it's gonna take some effort.
>>
>>31106200
Jackaloupes are pretty intelligent if they're anything like angel. Maybe we can make a deal with them if we win the competition. We give them half of what we make in the garden for five moons if we win.
>>
>>31106313
Jackalopes aren't very scary...
>>
>>31106404
Yeah, but if we're having foals go through our house, probably not the best idea to have wild animals around.
>>
>>31106200
Does the chasm have a path up and down on each side we can guide folk through?
>>
>>31106476
It seems to be the remains of a long dry moat around the castle. There is an area that's collapsed, but you're not sure that's very safe to climb on.
>>
>>31106507
I guess building staircases on each side would take too long so we will have ti do chasm scares next year.
Bridge it is.
>>
>>31106200
>The chasm is about 15 to 20 feet deep. Closer to 20 where the bridge was.
Hey that's not too deep. Isn't it usually foggy down there? That could be part of the scare.
>>
>>31107070
I suppose we could have something down there even if we can't get the ponies down there.
>>
>>31107610
Yeah, have something jump out, preferably not something that will eat the ponies, though.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.