[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/mlp/ - Pony

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: bronycon.jpg (81 KB, 713x633)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
It doesn't have to be 100% extinction, but dwindling to the point that bronies might as well not exist, such as less than a million existing worldwide or whatnot.

The fandom, while huge and robust at its peak, has been on a pretty big decline ever since S3; While there were large amounts of groups of bronies going to see Equestria girls in theaters just for the fact that it was an MLP movie, even if no pony, in S3, we barely even have more than a few handfuls going to see an ACTUAL pony movie now that one's out now.

As the fandom is shrinking at a good clip, and almost seems to be accellerating at its decline, how much longer do you think the fandom has before it goes back to being 100% little girls again?
>>
>>31148876
have you concidered that it might be this board and not the fandom as a whole who is dying?
I mean, look at this place, it isnt welcoming at all, there's people here that make purposeless reeeing a daily competition, its full of kinks that makes newcomers turn and leave from this place, discussions are purposefully derailed for shitposting and unrelated conficts to the show, this place is toxic and most often than not you have to eat anticancer pills first every time you want to be near 4chan, not to mention the values here are ironically a contrast to those the friendly show tries to promote
>>
How long do you think it'll be until you male another one of these fucking threads?
>>
>>31148935
>this place is toxic
Thanks for outing yourself, Derpifag. Your argument boils down to 'it's too extreme & scary'. Have you maybe considered that it's the extremity that keeps the true autistic cancer away? People like you?
>most often than not you have to eat anticancer pills first every time you want to be near 4chan
Go back to where you came from
>>
>>31148935
>have you concidered that it might be this board and not the fandom as a whole who is dying?

Given how other pony sites are dying left and right, its definitely not just here; hell, as bad as this place is, its by far the HEALTHIEST pony fansite still out there.
>>
>>31148876

dude over 50% of the audience for the MLP movie for it's opening weekend were over 25 yeah a lot of those were parents but plenty of fandom people went.
>>
>>31148876

My Theater was like 40-50% Bronies....
>>
>>31148944
Yeah yeah le reddit, hasdrone, hugbox, whatever strawman, I've been here since before season two, and guess what you're proving my point, bitter actitudes like that are the reason this place is not the same lthe staff used to visit anymore, there's just people telling others to fuck off instead of there existing any real discussion about the show (unless there are controversial topics like the lesbian couple that are sure ways to make everyone turn their heads)
>>
>>31148984
Not true. Derpibooru has had relatively consistent site traffic compared to this place. FiMFiction has gotten smaller but it still has plenty more active users than /MLP/ does.
>>
>>31148996
>yeah a lot of those were parents
Try "The vast, VAST majority of them were parents".
If bronies had gone it would have made alot more than just 8 million domestically; Everyone just pirated and stayed at home.
>>
File: nega sunbutt.gif (1.62 MB, 870x794)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB GIF
>>31148876
I'll be on the ride til death, and even then they say it never ends.
>>
>>31148984
the comunity is less talkative and centralized as it used to be, all right, but that's a far call from the daily doom post saying "le show is already dying bronies on suicide watch XD" that has been repeated ad bomitum since season 2
>>
>>31149019
>Complains about strawmen arguments
>Proceeds to make one big long strawman argument
Truly amazing, the lack of self-awareness you have. Since you've totally been here since S2, you surely know what I'm taking about when I say that brony-types have never been welcome here. You know, the 'love and tolerate' types. Like you. And there's plenty of discussion about the show, I just think you've been consistently told to fuck off - like I'm doing now - and you have a sort of selection bias when it comes to interaction. You act like a faggot, people tell you to fuck off, you're too retarded to get the hint, and you keep on acting the same way. That's just a theory, though. This very moment I'm discussing exactly how old Celestia is in another tab. And since, once again, you've "been here since s2" you know that people were a lot more hostile and autistic in the past then they are now, especially when visible sages were a thing, right?
>>
>>31149031

Not really? the fandom is big but not THAT big. 9 million opening weekend isn't big compared to most movies but it's still millions upon millions of tickets sold.
>>
>>31148876
The fandom will be dead when Hascon is successful.
>>
>>31149022

FIMfiction yeah it's slowed down but it still does over 1000 new stories per month meaning well over 12 thousand per year... to note the franchse with the second most fan fics is Avatar and it's been around way longer only has a bit over 50k total between ATLA and Korra.

Not to mention the sheer amount of new art still posted daily.
>>
>>31149131

I mean among western animated series of course Harry Potter and some other book fandoms still kick our ass massively on the fiction front but they always have.
>>
>>31149104
You do know most movies make 50 to 100 million pretty easily?
Its pretty bad when you're only making as little as the pony movie's gotten.
>>
File: 1478856651156.png (396 KB, 582x509)
396 KB
396 KB PNG
>>31149098
hehe I never directed my opinions toward your persona, only to your comment, this is not an strawman, you would know this if you had spent those minutes it took you to respond me researching the word instead of acting like somebody with persecution complex. But you know what they say, If the shoe fits...
>>
>>31149204
>hurr strawman
>hurrr insults
This is what it looks like when someone's run out of arguments. Maybe you should look the word up yourself my friend, because guess what? You're not addressing anything I said.
>>
>>31149204

i love you fluttersmug
(didn't read the post)
>>
>>31148935
You are somewhat actually right, many others that I speak with, because your welcome for the poner game. Actually laugh whenever I mention 4chan. It has become a meme in of itself. The fandom as far as the older group has declined a bit, not sure why but for most season 3 was the last they watched. But then I ask their age and ya da yada and well for them they just moved on with their lives, college, starting a family, working so much, etc.

But with the new seasons, the younger ones that started are now grown and carrying on with it, as well as now even more youth is joining the ride for the first time. So you will see a drop off but it will sorta level out as the batton is passed sorta speaking.
>>
>>31149152

Most?

Not really.

At all, your judging kinda sorta big movies to AAA movies bring in, and not just their opening ether.
>>
File: 1507791435962.jpg (18 KB, 310x309)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>31149220
I would adress you if there was anything worth addressing from your coments? unless you think insulting and projecting is an argument?
>>
File: 1507758630909.png (374 KB, 836x783)
374 KB
374 KB PNG
>>31149231
Thank you m8, I have a gallery full of smug ponies for cute trolls like this
>>
>>31148876
It's going to be a few years.
>>
File: d5c.gif (141 KB, 853x480)
141 KB
141 KB GIF
>>31148876
>>
wahahahaha

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.