[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/mlp/ - Pony

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Ever met up with other bronies? Was it awekward?
>>
>>31882668
yes, and the one time I met another one I told them I wasn't one.; then later when I wanted to hang out they refused to give me their email because he said he's anti-social. that and in 2012 when I wasn't even a brony I saw a fat meme high-schooler wearing an mlp shirt at Walmart and asked simply "what's with you?" I usedto be part of Colorado bronies .org for meetups but that is now loooong gone. now I know no one who wants to talk about the show except this board.
>>
>>31882682
then again would I really have been doing this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_Z3qkhXTyk
>>
>>31882682
C'mon there must have been some fun, decent people that you met.
>>
>>31882668
Nope, made them myself. Was allowed to visit the special needs class during break and converted the lot of them. You can only endure so much regret in life.
>>
>>31882730
Lol you did what? Explain.
>>
Never been to a brony meetup and the only people I’ve ever met in person who like the show are next-level-autistic, so I keep it to myself.
>>
>>31882735
I introduced the show to a rather mood swingy guy to try to joke around, turns out he enjoyed it, then talked about it in detail to his friends and they started a group if you like, then they spoke openly and brought DVDs to lunch and wore merch and the class kinda went with it til it became a thing. I wish I had choked him before the class started singing the theme song. I never went back
>>
>>31882668

Brownies are ALWAYS awkward. It’s one of the main symptoms of autism
>>
File: 1505398535028.jpg (81 KB, 419x480)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>31882730
>converting literal retards into bronies
You can't make this shit up
>>
File: tstb.jpg (142 KB, 1344x756)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>31882668
>awekward
>>
>>31882897
You can still not be very weird and autistic. It is possible. I'm sure not every brony is weird. Hehe.. r-right?
>>
File: ehhhh.png (202 KB, 524x600)
202 KB
202 KB PNG
I knew that there was a small group of 5-6 quiet underclassmen bronies at my high school (like 4 years ago), but I just never talked to them.

One reeeeeeallly awkward thing that happened though, was a situation where I knew one of the said bronies personally due to our involvement in a band class, and we just casually talked about it one day since we were practicing together for marching band. Later that semester, Guy A and I just so happen to attend the same mixed-class (I'm a junior, while this guy is a soph I think) English arts class, where we just so happen to get grouped up with Guy B, whom I'm on good terms with, that is probably the Chaddest guy in school. Drives a lifted mudtruck, plays football, goes to parties, etcetera

>we're broken up into our groups discussing this book chapter for whatever reason, and Guy A decides to flop out a deck of collector MLP cards and starts looking at them while we're talking
>the closet brony in me chooses to just ignore it and keep talking about the assignment with Guy B
>keep in mind, we're at this table in the center of the room
>Guy B then loudly says "what the fuck, are those My Little Pony cards? What are you, a faggot?" then breaks into laughter
>Whole class goes silent and turns to see what caused the commotion, teacher included
>Guy A says "yeah, I like Rainbow Dash, what's wrong with that?" and is all embarrassed and shy about it, then turns and looks at me like I could offer some words of defense
>I just look at Guy B silently with [picrelated] face
>Class is mostly snickering or equipped with "wtf is wrong with you" faces directed at Guy A
>Teach just says "Guy B, I don't want to hear that word again." and acts like Guy A doesn't exist
>literal wtf
>Guy A just leaves the room for the rest of the class, and it turns out he left the class for the last two weeks of the semester
>Guy A is now a mentally ill shut-in that lives with his parents
>>
>>31882668
I meet up with them all the time and have been doing so since 2012. My local meetup group has changed a lot in composition over the years with people coming and going, but for the last few years there have been a core handful including myself who have been showing up rather consistently. Most of the core group are actually pretty decent people who I really enjoy hanging out with. Some of the more loosely affiliated individuals in the group can be pretty awkward to be around at times. If they were the ones planning events and showing up to every meet I don't think I'd go to the meetups, but as it is I'm willing to tolerate a bit of cringe for a fun time.
>>
I have literally not met a single other person in real life that likes mlp.
Now that I think about it, that's kinda sad.
>>
>>31883149
You could have said "mlp is not a bad show but I wouldn't buy cards" the cool kid probably sucks dicks as profession right now. You could have been good friends with the guy. Reminds when some true fag asked me to write down the rules for yugioh in first grade high school until a smug teacher saw it and mocked me for it and the kid suddenly had no idea who I was. You should have been friends and he would have bought you mlp stuff dumbass.
>>
>>31883266
>dubs

>>31883322
>triple dubs?!
>>
File: 1398424038956.png (249 KB, 695x603)
249 KB
249 KB PNG
My best friend is one so yes, I guess friendship really is magic.
>>
File: 1517520269384.gif (60 KB, 600x600)
60 KB
60 KB GIF
>>31882668
I found out my gf also likes mlp and all the lewd pony pics I have on my phone. She's down to share a zecora body pillow with me when we get the funds.
Besides that the only others were the actually insane weirdos in highschool I interacted with occasionally. There was one girl who wore a rainbow dash onesy every single day and the dude who carried a plush with him everywhere he went.
>>
>>31882668
>Ever met up with other bronies? Was it awekward?

Not until they asked me if I knew how to spell 'awkward'. Also when we went to pee at the urinals.
>>
File: 1354698386683.jpg (57 KB, 739x751)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
Met a guy at Megacon when I was wearing some 4CC gear. We became good friends and wasn't awkward.
>>
>>31883149
>Guy A is now a mentally ill shut-in that lives with his parents
>(((NOW)))
>>
>>31882668
Donning an "Autism Is My Superpower" shirt, I met up with some bronies who were gathering to watch the mulp movie in theaters. My word, most are just as autistic as the stereotype. I remember there was this very overweight brony couple, and they were trying to get seats in the back. I cringed so hard. The guy was trying for, like, 5 minutes to get a father and his <10 year old daughter or something to move seats. THERE WAS ROOM ELSE WHERE, BUT THEY CHOSE TO STAND THERE AWKWARDLY APOLOGIZING WHILE ASKING THEM TO MOVE.
It was pretty good
>>
>>31882668
I went to the first and biggest bronycon in 2012. It was awkward, but I got to shake John De Lancie's hand. The sweaty hug I got from Mic and Tombstone didn't age as well.
>>
File: tada.png (841 KB, 1280x727)
841 KB
841 KB PNG
>>31883322
I mean, I wasn't exactly friends with him, we simply shared the same obsession over MLP. He's basically how one would imagine a neckbeard would be without an ego. Not interested in being friends with someone like that.

Guy B now works for a construction company so it's kind of the equivalent to sucking dicks as a profession
>>
>>31883942
I'm jealous, the first Bronycon sounded pretty dope
>>
>>31883322
Honestly that fucking kid should never have brought the cards in the first place. I had to go to a school for the autistic where I felt like I wanted to kill myself. The only difference is I kept going with boy scouts to learn social skill and eventually transferred out back into a regular school and got a group of friends. That autist is the type that complains no one likes them but just throws themselves a pity party instead of trying to change their situation in any meaningful way
>>
>>31882730
>converting special needs kids into derpibooru mods and commenters
Good job, anon
>>
>31882668
Once met a couple of guys at FNM that were sitting at an adjacent table. They were playing the FiM card game, half of them showing visible signs of one mental disability or another—twitching while balding with a bad tendency to scratch his head, stuttering with jittery movement, etc etc—and, for some reason, I struck conversation with one of the semi-normal looking guys. They were actually really friendly, but they couldn't keep eye contact for shit and were basically /r9k/ made flesh. One of them agreed that Rarity was best waifu tho, so they weren't all too bad. There was also one other guy in basic training I met that somehow found out I was a horsefucker, and his exact words were, "Ay man, I dunno 'bout yuh, but dat Pinkie Pie pretty cute."
>>
File: delet.png (42 KB, 255x240)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>31884148
>One of them agreed that Rarity was best waifu tho, so they weren't all too bad.
>>
>>31882682
>>
I've went to a convention a couple years ago and had a blast. The group I was with weren't especially autistic and we just had fun drinking and going to panels.
>>
>>31882668
yes. no

now fuck off
>>
File: Furious Laugh.jpg (10 KB, 200x200)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>31882730
>converting tards into personal brony concubines
>like clay in the palm of your hands
Absolutely fucking brilliant.
>>
>>31884424
No fite me
>>
I'm a complete closet pony fan (I hate using the word "brony" to describe myself) I usually stay away from them because I want to hide my power level.
>>
>>31883823
You sound like you where the awekward friend tbqh.
>>
>>31884095
>That autist is the type that complains no one likes them but just throws themselves a pity party instead of trying to change their situation in any meaningful way
Where did he complain in the story? I think he could probably take you on in a fight and make you his pony bitch.
>>
>>31882668
Yes, I was retarded enough to attend one of their meet-ups. The funniest thing was that I probably behaved like the most autistic one there, since I mostly tried to avoid contact, once I relized what a bunch of cringelord they were which was pretty much immediately. There were wearing an astonishing amount of mlp merch, and half of them brought plushies and toys, the amusing thing was, however, that they didn't even talk about the show at all, and talking about the show was the only reason I decided to go there in the first place.

There was one autist, who came with his caretaker or something, who I had a misfortune to talk to. He spend like 20 minutes telling me how emotionally impactful Adventure Time was for him and that he even cried watching one of the episodes that came out somewhere around that time, after that he went on tangents about some retarded tech stuff I couldn't give less of a fuck about, it seemed like he didn't care about the show that much at all, and any and all of my attempts to change the subject to it failed miserably. There was also one dude who looked like he was in his mid to end 20s, but who behaved like he was ten. I legit think he might've had some sort of mental impairement, but nobody seemed to give a fuck.

That being said not everything was all grim and gloom, there was also that one dude who was fairly decent guy who I spend most of my time there talking to. We talked about the show and games, and life, and stuff. We even exchanged contacts, but being an autist that I am, I eventually stopped talking to him and deleted him.
>>
>>31882730
>>31882774
Why couldn't you introduce a classroom full of intellectuals? Why not a library? Why not a group of people who would actually contribute something to the overall fandom?

Same problem with introducing reddit and /b/ to ponies. They have nothing to offer but cancer.
>>
>>31885251
>intellectuals
>a library
It only worked because they were autists.
>t.psuedo-intellectual
>>
>>31884557
This. I love you faggots but I never want to meet any of you in person.
>>
>>31885251
Now I have only one friend who I will never speak of this to, ever
>>
>>31885390
>I never want to meet any of you in person.

You won't, since that would mean these horse-fucking horsephiles would have to get out of their basements and actually interact with society with something other than Skype.
>>
>>31887689
You think youre not autistic but you are. Maybe watch an episode of mlp?
>>
It's only as awkward/cringey as you/they make it . I've met plenty of /normal/ people who weren't a complete autistic mess. Then again I've met plenty of fucking degenerates too...
>>
>>31888252
This
>>
>>31888259
Give me a %
>>
File: 1478767539831.png (190 KB, 421x475)
190 KB
190 KB PNG
>>31882668
Yes. Was introduced to MLP through a friend.
I even joined the Brony society at university.

The only awkward one was me: I was so anxious at the meetups that I couldn't stop cursing under my breath throughout them.
>>
>>31888325
Gib gif version of pic pls thanks
>>
File: tidepod.png (444 KB, 625x625)
444 KB
444 KB PNG
>>31882668
met up with one today
turns out one of my steam friends was living in the same city as me
he was cool and everything was chill, I was in town doing other shit at the time so we met up
>>
>>31888357
Did you at least give you each other a brotherly bro job?
>>
>>31888392
Only once got a little too drunk, some weed, read romantic comic for lulz and all I remember is me sucking penis while a playlist of trippy mlp songs was on and after I jumped on him happily an said "You're my little pony!" hopefuly that's not gay and we talk on steam like nothing happened. True story.
>>
File: 1499533691534.gif (277 KB, 530x494)
277 KB
277 KB GIF
>>31888338
>>
>>31888338
Doesn't look like I've got it on my computer.
Found it elsewhere, though:
https://derpibooru.org/1268162
>>
>>31888266
More degenerates than normal people that's for sure.
>>
>>31888528
>hopefully that's not gay
Did you say no homo? Did the balls never touch? As long as one of those two conditions are met you're good
>>
>>31882730
Now we know where all the Starlight haters come from.
>>
>>31882668
First one would be my best friend in college who introduced me to mlp. He invited me to a convention to see others with similar interest. Met up with his friends and they went all out. I dont know how to interact with these people so i tried to converse with them but theyre weirded out of me. All what happened is that i felt left out and just went home quickly. Felt like a bad experience

Sometimes it’s not good to meet up with another horsefucker. I like the show and think it’s cute but thats about it. But what i saw on that convention was really pure *hardcore* fans who collect shit, cosplay, bring dakis, etc. Mostly adults and less children. Children are seeing adult fans with some lewd stuff with them, parents had to leave. Now that i think about it, it was cringey as fuck.
>>
>>31882668
No
and
No
>>
>>31882668
Joined the fandom when I was 14 in 2012, and I went to EQLA in 2013. I regret it a lot. I'm not even really in any other fandoms, just this one. Feels bad. I want out.
>>
>>31882668
I used to meet up a lot, but we always met up in groups, so everyone else already knew each other better than me, while I couldn't make contact with anyone because I'm a huge sperg, so on any such meet up I felt like I sat in the corner and did nothing, which made it a miserable experience. Typically the bigger the group, the worse it was for me.
>>
File: 1504741186423.png (291 KB, 1280x720)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
>>31882668
Always, I try to talk someone about something pone after fining out there a fellow brony but they just act like they never heard me say anything in till I leave them alone, not to mention I can't even talk to girls without droping my spaghetti.
>>
>>31890886
> fellow brony
The problem is that you're autistic.
>>
>>31883907
Pretty much this. The other people at those cons I’d seen wearing mlp related stuff ranged from normal looking to what seemed like real cringe, but seeing someone decked out in 4cc merch was too much for me not to hang out with them for a while. Turned out pretty great since we are indeed good friends now.
>>
>>31882668
I've gone to a large number of brony meetups, and also met bronies at conventions and randomly in other parts of life.
I'm always the awkward one, and the local brony community really doesn't like me and goes to great lengths to avoid having me at certain meetups.
>>
>>31890969
>>31890969
Wow you really must be doing something very wrong if you are unwelcome at a mlp convention. An explanation reeally is required.
>>
>>31891054
you need to explain why there's two reply links
>>
>>31890886
Do you have good hygiene? Kinda unrelated, but this one kid I knew just refused to take showers, I even bullied him and he still would only take them like once a week. Bro, that num needs to be multiplied by 7. I had to ask him if he washed his clothes regularly, wore deodorant and brushed his teeth. Like dude how do you not know you should be doing these basic things this far in life. I was just trying to help him but he stayed gross. Point is, bad hygiene is people repellant. Also you sound maybe retarded with things like
>fining
>fellow brony
>in till
>droping
Watch how people you think are cool talk and act, and see how you can implement that in your own behavior.
>>
>>31883761
>carried a plush
As in that spicy cringe meme with the guy carrying around the twilight plushie? Someone pls post if you know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>31891065
>>31891065
>>31891054
>>31891054
>and then he never explained
Top 10 anime plot twists 2018
>>
>>31891065
C'mon anon. You are anonymous we all share stories don't be bashful.
>>
File: 7af.gif (808 KB, 200x175)
808 KB
808 KB GIF
>>31891875
No
>>
>>31882668
A friend wanted to show me a "funny video" that turned out to be cartoon horse program in high school. I asked him if he was a brony and he hesitated, which was pretty much a yes. I outed myself and we had a pretty fun autistic friendship, complaining about twilicorn and equestria girls until we just stopped talking after a year.
>>
>>31891644
Don't forget the smell of your shoes op, I spend half a year dressing smelling shoes because I wasn't picking the smell those things were leaving behind every step, never use smelling shoes
>>
>>31882668
Outside of cons and online? Yes. Was a guy I would have never expected it from too, because he was twice my size muscle-wise and had the personality and posse of the average chad.

Turned out he was also a weaboo gamer bro who waifus Twilight and we became good friends real quickly.

The second was a coworker who was a liberal tumblrina in every way. Friendly enough to get along, but had no respect for personal space and butted into every conversation. Liked SU and Undertale more than MLP so she didn't sperg out nearly as much as chad friend. Got fired after wanting half the year off to tour the world.
>>
>>31891902
The more you refuse the more we all need to know. You are anon. Who cares noone knows who you are and if they do nobody still cares. Tell us.
>>
>>31891902
Lemme guess, you're one of those faggots that like to steal plushies.

Or you reeed at some guy's crappy OC.
>>
>>31891937
>chad
>Likes mlp

That does not exist.
>>
>>31882668
>Ever met up with other bronies?
>Was it awekward?
Lost my virgin.
>>
>>31891946
No to the first, but to the 2nd I thought it was funny when I realized season 8 is sorta like people wanting different species for G5 and people going whack for it
>>
>>31892006
Started a trend of watching youtube at 2x speed, wonder why

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLqIjzTrkQM
>>
Tell us. Last chance to be an actual hero.
>>
>>31892439
>>31891902
>>
>>31892446
Nibba if you don't tell us I'll just make up a story (see now's your chance cause there's no way for someone to tell if it's real or made up)
>>
>>31891658
Just like that but not the same picture. He would have it sit on his table facing forward like it were paying attention to the lessons
>>
File: 1497194553250.png (742 KB, 1280x720)
742 KB
742 KB PNG
>>31882668
My leasing office agent in my complex is a fan along with our 2 neighbors, my gf, her long distance friend, and her godfather.
>>
>>31892618
Where do you live? Autistville?
>>
>>31882668
I attended a ponymeet exactly once. It was almost entirely made up of ~13-year old boys, some with their moms, and me a college student among these kids. Thank God, I wasn't on any photos and I left before a radio crew came in to interview the attendants.
>>
>>31882668
>Be at college
>Be wearing pony shirt
>Walking some dude smirking \
>walk by he says "Nice Shirt,"
>Me "Thanks bro," keeps walking
>>
File: 1450326782877.png (317 KB, 750x1000)
317 KB
317 KB PNG
>>31892740
North metro Atlanta fooly
>>
>>31892586
I literally don't know what you want, I bought a mlp comic but addressed to my dad by mistake, I blew it off as if it was a promo add on item, my parents think I'm gay, is this insecurity, I don't know
>>
>>31882668
only once tried to meet someone with whom I assumed I shared a fetish with. admittedly I was about to beat him up.
>>
>>31882668
>Be inna queue at Wendys
>Lunch rush
>Bored as hell
>Out of the chatter I pick up "-ilight Sparkle" from behind me
>Completely impulsively, whip my head around
>Some kinda short, greasy looking dude
>We stare at each other for a few seconds
>Turn back
That's about the extent of it
>>31893283
Typically, mlp comics don't make your parents do a 180 and assume you're gay. Do you happen to have an impulse to open your mouth every time you take a picture of yourself?
>>
>>31890886
You were probably loudly trying to discuss it in public and you were too fucking autistic to understand that it's embarrassing.
>>
>>31882668
I met a brony and a pegasister who took the same bus as me during highschool.
>>
>>31895344
Stop posting. Lurk for a year.
>>
>>31895072
yes
>>
>>31882668
My friend was a brony told him that I was one too, he then told every friend that I had and some didn’t care others made fun of me, I told them he was one too and they didn’t believe me.
Fucking kill me.
>>
>>31895072
Do gay people do that?
>>
>>31882668
I met up with a few horsefuckers when the MLP movie came out. They were pretty chill dudes, but we didn't talk to each other after that night. You know, muh anonymity. A couple other times were at conventions. The people I ran into there were pretty nice people, just shot the breeze. That sort of thing. One guy I met at my first con was from here and we had some drinks at the bar and we tried to go on a liquor run, but it was too late.
>>
>>31895361
Stop being a fag. No one care.
>>
>>31895907
This but my friend found out from snooping my discord, then told all my other friends on accident by shouting "what are you doing in a mlp discord anon!?" , they still my friends tho.
>>
>>31895961
The moment you stop acting like a reddit transplant is the moment I'll stop telling you to lurk more, newfag.
>>
File: rule two.gif (22 KB, 400x300)
22 KB
22 KB GIF
>>31895907
>>31895963
>>
>>31895974
Jokes on you I’m 19 now.
>>
>>31882668
>other bronies

We're horsefuckers here. "other" is wrong.
>>
>>31896058
This but 18
>>
>>31895970
I'm not the guy you originally replied to, I'm just calling you a fag for being a fag. Been here over 2 years, not long but not newfag either. Being welcoming > being rood.
>>
>>31896188
>Being welcoming > being rood
Uhuh, yeah you sure did convince me that you're not a fresh-off-the-boat redditor didn't you buddy. Man I sure love cancerous retards like you all over the place, we should just welcome them in with open arms instead of forcing them to acclimate first. Does your last name happen to be Merkel?
>>
File: 1517975040458.jpg (179 KB, 696x660)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
>>31896206
Kek, dude I promise you I'm not a newfag or a redditor. You're just really sour.
>>
>>31882668
Yes
No
>>
>>31883761
>She's down to share a zecora body pillow with me when we get the funds.
She's bi?
>>
>>31883761
>>31897460
>ywn have a qt bi pegasister gf
>>
>>31899250
real question. Which of the main 6 is she?
>>
A few, I didn't see anyone into it during secondary school but that was probably because I was a massive 12 y/o cringelord so that made others hesitate from talking about it, however everyone was pretty chill with it because they liked videos I shared of it like Apple.Mov and Epic Wub Time (still cringe looking back)

Then during college was when I met a load of them but I had learned to be closeted with that shit by then so they never found out.
>One was pretty much the definition of a stereotypical chad, social, very lively, friends with alot of people, bullied the people in the Yu Gi Oh club, he also tried getting friends into MLP including me but I just brushed it off cus I wasn't admitting to that.
>Another was diagnosed with ADHD and watched pony videos in class, nobody really cared though because he was funny and confident though pretty dimwitted and stereo-typically nerdy.
>The brother of a L337 h4cker who bragged in class about tracking down someone who tried to hack him and threatening him. He seemed pretty ok but a little spazzy, constantly wore a fluttershy t-shirt and I once saw a fursuit on his FB as he was browsing.
>Finally A pretty stereotypical turbo nerd grill with dyed hair she'd strike people as an SJW at first but seemed to want to keep gender uncomplicated and thinks that the left indoctrinates kids into hating the right, idk what she's like now though.

Now at uni I haven't seen anyone be a public brony but I have found the FB of some extremely obnoxious guy in all my classes and his profile pictures are of baby MLP characters, he's also overweight and has a neckbeard which creeps me out but the other classmates seem to really get along with him.

I guess the moral is: be confident and talkative so people won't express their judgement no matter how creepy or spazzy you are.
>>
>>31882668
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAukWXBXWnY

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.