[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/mlp/ - Pony

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Oh yeah that fucking happened, I didn't just dream it. I forgot that they reused 2 minutes of animation with absolutely no alterations to the dialogue, actions and meaning. Twilight just repeats the loop like a moron and never tries to break it. Great writing, Hasdick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW-Fkcb2PEo
>>
File: temp.png (1.36 MB, 810x597)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
>>32511242
>A character spends days trying to escape a loop before causing that exact loop specifically because the younger version of herself won't shut the fuck up
>why didn't she try to break the loop?
Op, is this your heterosexuality I found on the ground?
>>
>>32511252
..... you /b/tards really will "defend" anything?
>>
>>32511418
>....
>calling the person who wrote the post above you a /b/tard for no reason at all besides it being the most ebin insult you could think of
You have to go back. Here, let me help:
>>>/r/4chan
>>
>>32511242
>[autism autism autism]
>reee /b/tards
So is this your daily/hourly/weekly/ thing now, you hate twilight this time
>>
File: 1520619141526.jpg (27 KB, 640x460)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>32511242
You... You know that's the point of the episode right?
>>
>>32511452
>>32511482
>>32511574
Oh my God do you actually contradict anyone and anything that replies to you? No wonder you got banned from 4chan, not even /b/ could stand your faggotry.
>>
>>32511242
Unironically favorite Twilight episode after LZ.
>>
>>32511777
trips confirm
>>
>>32511683
First off
>litterally newfag
>litterally just lurk for 5 minutes
second, lets test it!
>>32511574
HEY
THE POINT OF THE EPISODE IS THAT TWILIGHT TRAPPED HERSELF IN A TIMELOOP THROUGH A COMBINATION OF SHEER STUPIDITY AND PARADOX-TRAPING
SO THERE
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT?
>>
This is your seventh fucking thread, Angryfag.
>>
>>32511799
Take a hike, bronyag. Like anybody cares what a faggot from /mlp/ has to say to him.
>>
>>32511808
Go back to Twitter. Everyone knows you are Novogel. Romanian shithead.
>>
>>32511819
kek
>>
>>32511242
It's a gag, you fucking mong
>>
File: clap clap.gif (52 KB, 360x360)
52 KB
52 KB GIF
>>32511777
Unironically this, except I place it slightly above Lesson Zero because of all the well-timed gags.
>>
>>32511242
You used the one scene to they didn't reuse?
>>
But that's wrong faggot, if you watch it again, you'd see that everything was animated from future Twi's perspective the second time around.
>>
>>32512770
I really don't remember that. Let's watch it again.
>>
>>32511574
Fuck off midget.
>>
>>32511782
>Trapping herself I a paradoxical time-loop
M8. Do you not know how that shit works? She would have trapped herself in a time loop if she didn't act exactly as she saw herself from the future act when she was past twilight. Acting exactly the way she did PREVENTED a paradox.
>>
>>32515185
I never stated that she was trapped in a time loop, I said she was trapped by a paradox. As in, her behavior was forced into compliance without real choice.
>>
>>32515195
Fair enough. Didn't fully comprehend the point you were making.
>>
I remember it and remember being miffed about it. Like I was cheated out of content. I don't give a shit about how much sense it made, they could have had the courtesy to make Twilight go "wait, what, wait a second" or something in between a couple of times or at least put some crazy time warp filter on it or whatever. Show stuff from a different angle, what have you, not just flat out copypaste the thing with zero changes, how lazy is that?
>>
>>32511777
i didnt like it very much, but at the time i had also been having existential crisis. kind of shit fucks with me so much, like depictions of characters aging
>>
>>32512174
Oh look a troll. For a gag it feels awfully fucking serious.
>>
>>32516582
You know what? I agree. That guy was wrong. There is no joke in the scene beyond the great tragic comedy that twilight is playing on herself. I think it's totally serious, and it's literally perfect.

While I was watching that scene, and even before the scene actually came up, I was asking myself "How are they going to present the same scene again? Are they going to give a shortened version so as not to waste our time? Are we just going to skip it? But no, I continued to watch, tense in my seat, as each moment went by just like they did the last time, waiting for the moment that would justify this effort and time. I felt frustration and comic hopelessness as twilight interrupted twilight. When it was over, I felt resigned, helpless, and annoyed. In short, I felt just like twilight.

Because that's what storytelling is supposed to do. It puts you in the moment. It makes you experience the moments on the page and understand what it is like to be someone else. Sometimes that isn't a good feeling. Sometimes it is sad, or annoying, enraging. These are not inherently flaws. Not every moment is built to feel only good at all times. The re-usage of an identical clip specifically to make the whole audience reject every moment of the reality on the screen was appropriate, and the actual cost of a scene to produce should be treated as utterly irrelevant to its quality..
>>
>>32511242
2 ENTIRE MINUTES OF ANIMATION
>>
>>32517540
That could be played twice and leave the audience with two completely different interpretations of what was going on. That's genius.
>>
>>32517668
Well it's more like 50 seconds instead of 2 full minutes.
I'm bothered by how they end it without an epilogue and many other shit like Spike being so stupid and Pinkie so irresponsible.
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5r8766
>>
>>32511242
OH YEAH THAT ACTUALLY FUCKING HAPPENED. God It's About Time's ending makes Swarm of the Century look like a victory.
>>
File: yourpost.gif (1.97 MB, 480x272)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB GIF
>it's a "vogelfag baits /mlp/ with his autistic walls of text and /mlp/ starts replying with their own autistic walls of text" episode
>again
fuck all of you
>>
Thank God Samurai Jack doesn't have drones.
>>
>When your brain automatically makes you believe everything bad you've experienced in life was just imagined.
>>
>>32520326
Adam Sandler's singing.
>>
>>32521203
Fuck off, Vogelfag. Stop bumping your shitty threads. Saged.
>>
>>32521220
Never call me Vogelfag again.
>>
>>32511242
are you really this uneducated about time travel? That episode demonstrated the most perfect example of time travel I've ever seen. From a causality standpoint, it was 100% accurate.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.