[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/mlp/ - Pony

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1709592.jpg (1.14 MB, 1600x800)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
A slice of life CYOA usually following a young pegasus mare on a vacation!
---------------------------------------------
Last thread: >>32523060
Last post: >>32572454
The story so far: https://www.anonpone.com/vacation/
Outdated Notes - https://pastebin.com/ka4xY0q4
>>
>>32572469
>>32572785

"I'm not really sure how much more there is to this story, so probably not right now. Should probably save it for later."
>You ask, leaning down to start devouring the pasta like a dog.
>"Ugh, Grace, at least slow down and savour the food."
>Ivory cringes at the display.
>"Anyway, is there anything else you two would rather talk about? If not, I vote that we get some well deserved sleep after finishing the food."
>The unicorn continues, sipping at his drink.
>A silence falls over the room, occasionally broken by the sound of your less than graceful table manners.
>"Patches?"
>Your coltfriend calls, nudging the changeling with his magic.
>"Mm? Sorry, was lost in thought."
>"Uh huh, well then, Grace? Anything else you want to do?"
>Ivory asks, snuggling up to you.

>What do?
>>
>>32610685
Lift our face up from our plate, our muzzle stained a little with spaghetti sauce.

Hmm... Yea, a lot of things. None of them involving a train though. Want to just hug a little?
>>
>>32610736

>Lifting your face up from your plate, muzzle stained with a little spaghetti sauce, you look to the unicorn.
"Hmm... Yea, a lot of things. None of them involving a train though."
>Eying your stained muzzle warily, he says.
>"...So that's a no then."
"Want to just hug a little?"
>A napkin floats over, wiping the sauce from your muzzle.
>"Right now?"
"Yup!"
>"Aren't you technically hugging me? With your wing?"
"Nope! Doesn't count!"
>"Riiight, of course it doesn't."
>With a roll of his eyes, the unicorn takes another sip of his drink.
"Is that a yes?"
>"...Mm."
>Nodding, the unicorn looks upward, outside through the window.
>Nothing but clouds and stars can be seen from where you are.

>What do?
>>
>>32610890
Hehe, are you worried I might get a little sauce on your coat? Don't have to worry about that, I wouldn't leave it there long enough to stain.

Lift our fore leg and drape it over his back, pulling ourselves up a bit. Rest our own head on his.
>>
>>32610926

"Hehe, are you worried I might get a little sauce on your coat?"
>Lifting your right foreleg, you drape it over his back.
>"You think?"
"Ha, you don't have to worry about that. I wouldn't leave it there long enough to stain."
>Pulling yourself up a bit, you rest your head on top of his.
>"Hmm, don't know if I can believe that."
>"So, not much longer till we arrive, right?"
>The changeling's voice echoes throughout the room.
>You note that Patches has moved his food to a table.
>"No, we should see the city lights sooner or later. Heh, you know we're close when you see the statue."
>"Ooo..."
>You hear Patches talking through a mouthful of food.

>"Mm... you know, it hasn't quite... sink in yet. The stuff that happened, how we're actually a thing now, despite everything that happened, heh."
>Eyes glancing upward, Ivory rubs the top of his head up against you affectionately.
>His mane brushes against your fur.
>Feels just a bit ticklish.
>"Grace? You gonna finish your food or not?"
>He asks, turning his head up to look at you, careful not to poke you with his horn.

>What do?
>>
>>32611101
Hmm... Yea, but I think I might need a little help. It's too comfortable to leave this spot.

Slowly open up our jaw, rolling our tongue out a little and for 'Aah~' as our warm breath spills out onto his mane.
>>
>>32611120

"Hmm... Yea, but I think I might need a little help. It's too comfortable to leave this spot."
>With how warm and soft he is, you could probably fall asleep on the floor with him like this.
>"Pff, you can still use your other wing, can't you? Hmph, guess I can help."
>He shakes his head lightly, lifting the plate and the silverware you ignored up into the air.
>Slowly opening up your jaw, you roll your tongue out a little.
"Aah~"
>You let out, warm breath spilling out onto his mane.
>"This better not become a frequent thing."
>Ivory mutters as his magic lifts some food up to your mouth.

>What do?
>>
Paused for tonight. I'll continue tomorrow.
>>
>>32611258
Slowly chew the mouthful of food, when we're ready press our neck against Ivory's neck and swallow it down in one large gulp.
>>
>>32611468
Not this. That's just getting too weird to even stand at that point.
>>32611258
Is there anything Patches wants to specifically talk about while we continue to wait around? We could share some of our life stories. It's only fair considering how much we've heard from him.
>>
>>
>>32611468 >>32611612

>Chewing and swallowing your food, you say.
"Hey, Patches, is there anything you want to talk about while we continue to wait around? Maybe we can share some of our life stories!"
>"You're just looking for excuses to avoid sleeping."
>Ivory mutters.
"Psh, says who? It's only fair considering how much we've heard from him."
>"Just... don't ask weird things, okay?"
>"Heh, I'm sure you two got up to all sorts of trouble when you were younger. How about something relating to that?"
>"Doesn't everypony?"
>Ivory shrugs lightly.
>Hmm, what should you talk about?
>Something that involves you both...

>What do?
>>
>>32614494
How about something from school? We had a lot of things happen there, everything from my first heat to when I got in a fight because of Ivory, a lot more things happened those are just what comes to mind immediately. ...Oh! I know, how about that time we both got sent to detention? Or is there something else you'd like to hear about?
>>
>>32614599

"How about something from school? We had a lot of things happen there, everything from my first heat to when I got in a fight because of Ivory. A lot more things happened there, those are just what comes to mind immediately.... Oh! I know! How about that time we both got sent to detention? Or... is there something else you'd like to hear about?"
>"Huh, a lot of stuff happened at school, hmm? How did somepony like him get into detention?"
>Patches wonders to himself, looking to Ivory.
>"I didn't even do anything wrong."
>Ivory mumbles to himself.
>"Yeah, detention sounds fine, not like I have anything in particular I want to know about right now. So what happened?"

>What do?
>>
>>32614717
Maybe Ivory didn't do anything wrong... But he was in the wrong place, at the wrong time, with the wrong company. I was the wrong company.

It was when we were both just teenagers, I was finally starting to lose my filly fat though I was still admittedly a little pudgy. Me and Ivory had just barely made it to our first class, chemistry/alchemy(Take your pick.), on time. We might have rushed a little to set up to be ready before the teacher got in...

(Are we doing a flashback for this?)
>>
>>32614776
It's up to you folks.
>>
>>32614790
Sure, lets flashback.
>>
Welp, I have to pause for a while because family. I'll pick this up again a few hours later, sorry.
>>
>>32614923
Sure, go do family things. Have fun.
>>
>>32614717
Same old, same old. I dragged Ivory into my shenanigans.

Maybe we should've gotten more in-depth on how we met and became best friends instead of a simple story?
>>
>>32615012
We can still change the story we want to tell.
>>
>>32615012
>>32615100
I would rather do what we're already doing. As we've already started that.
>>
>>32615100
We could still do this flashback. It just needs llast less longer to make up time for another flashback.
>>32615108
Pretty much this. It'd be very weird to just suddenly cut off a story we decided to share right now. As long as we do another flashback.
>>
>>
>>32615108 >>32615126

"You know, same old, same old. I dragged Ivory into my shenanigans."
>"That's always how it goes."
>Ivory sighs.
"Hehe, yeah, maybe Ivory didn't do anything wrong... But he was in the wrong place, at the wrong time, with the wrong company. I was the wrong company."
>"That's not something to be proud of."
>Ivory says, squinting up at you.
"It was when we were both just teenagers. I was finally starting to lose my filly fat though I was 'still' admittedly... a little pudgy. We had just barely made it to our first class..."
>"I still can't believe you forgot about school."
>Ivory sighs, trotting on quickly a few steps ahead of you.
>He dropped by a while ago, to trot with you to school.
>Except you weren't even awake at that time yet.
>Whoops?
"I really thought today was a holiday! Mom thought so too!"
>"Just shut up and go in."
>He opens the door to the class, letting you in first.

>What do?
>What happens afterwards?
>>
>tfw you link the wrong post
>>32614776 >>32615012
>>
>>32615609
How do YOU know it isn't a holiday?! Maybe everyone accidentally thinks there's class today, when in reality there's a holiday called.... you know the one. Alright, I admit defeat. There is no holiday today, and I didn't even bother or care to check the name of the holiday I thought there was today. Instead, let's invent a holiday!
>>
>>32615609
We stick our tongue out at him as we rush in the doors, then we head to the only available double desk that's near the middle of the classroom, just far enough away from the teachers desk to be partially obscured but close enough for something going wrong to be noticed just a little too late.

Just as we both get there the teacher arrives.
>>
>>32615627 >>32615634

"How do YOU know it isn't a holiday?! Maybe 'everyone' accidentally thinks there's class today, when in reality there's a holiday called.... you know the one."
>"Grace should hurry up and trot inside day?"
"...Alright, I admit defeat."
>Sticking your tongue out at him, you rush inside through the door into the noisy-ish room.
>"...Look at a calender for once."
>He mutters, following you inside.
>Oof, guess most ponies are already here.
>Bleh, why is everypony else so punctual?
>Taking a seat at the only available double desk near the middle of the classroom, you say to Ivory.
"Heh, I didn't even bother or care to check the name of the holiday I thought there was today."
>This place is nice, just far enough away from the teacher's desk so you're partially obscured.
>And when they notice something going wrong, it'll be just a little too late.
>"Again, why do you even keep a calender if you're not going to use it?"
>The unicorn groans, slumping into the seat beside you.
"Hey, I do use it!"
>"..."
>He looks to you with stern eyes.
"Sometimes. Instead, let's invent a holiday!"
>As you say that, the teacher arrives.
>Not that you can see the teach, your snoot is rummaging through your things right now.
>But the sudden drop in noise makes it obvious.
>You hear Ivory chuckling quietly at that.

>What happens next?
>>
>>32615742
Pull our head up quickly from our bag, knocking it over and tipping some of it's contents onto the ground.
>>
>>32615757

>Pulling your head up quickly, you accidentally knock over your bag.
>As it falls onto the floor, some of its contents spill out onto the ground.
>Ivory quickly picks it back up for you with his magic.
>"Please, be more careful."
>Ivory whispers to you.
>Thankfully, it didn't draw much attention from ponies around you.
>Not that you have anything to hide, right?
>Right?

>What happens next?
>>
>>32615978
One of our 'toys' rolls out of our bag onto the floor.

The class starts, the teacher explaining a simple experiment we'd be doing. We're not exactly paying attention as much as we should be, a little zoned out from being tired.
>>
>>32616050

>Ugh, the class is starting, and the teacher is explaining about some experiment you don't care about.
>Oh, Ivory only picked up your bag, your... 'toy' is sitting on the floor under the table.
>...Why was it in your bag!?
>You thought you-put it in your bag before somepony sees!
>"Hmm?"
>You hear Ivory humming questioningly as you move.
>Lifting your bag, you move it down next to it, quickly picking and slipping it into your bag.
>"...Was that, did I just saw what I think I just saw?"
>Ivory whispers, glancing to your bag.
"I don't know, what did you think you saw?"
>"Ugh, never mind."
>Ivory stares down at the book, not really paying attention to what the teacher is saying.
>...You feel tired.
>Why do you even have to do this experiment?
>The instructions are all in the book.
>Can't you just... watch somepony do it instead?
>Bleh, maybe you slept at a later hour than you should have last night.
>Zoning out, you stare at the teacher, thoughts drifting to random things.
>Like how much time left until this is over!
>...Oh, it's only been three minutes.
>Augh.
>You don't have anything that's due today, right?
>Ivory whispers something to the young stallion behind him.
>Oh yeah, you have to pick up some groceries on the way home.
>Dad wanted to try making something he saw on a magazine.
>He seems annoyed with something lately.
>...

>What happens?
>>
Nearly forgot to pause.
>>
bump
>>
>>32617130
>>
>>32617921
>>
>>32618282
>>
>>32616200
After a little while the teacher stops blathering on and instructs everyone to begin the experiment.
All the student's including Ivory start so set up the lab equipment and begin pulling out different vials from the drawers. After we snap out of our daze we start moving to mimic them, setting up our own equipment and some of the right vials.
>>
>>32620196
This. Basically pretend to know what we're doing and act oblivious when Ivory points out the obvious that we have no idea what we're doing.
>>
>>32620196 >>32620373

>"Grace."
"Eh?"
>"Please, the experiment? Were you listening?"
"Right, duh."
>Eyes wandering, you quickly mimic your classmates, pulling out vials from the drawers and setting things up.
>"...Grace, that's the wrong-"
"I know what I'm doing."
>You're just doing what the ponies ahead of you are doing, so you're on the right track, surely.
>"..."
>Ivory facehoofs, silently watching you.
>...So, you're supposed to mix these things together?
>And... use the....
>Should you maybe... ask for help?
>You're a big filly! Help is overrated!
>"Grace, just let me take over."
>Ivory insists, looking at your work with a exasperated expression.

>What happens?
>>
>>32620579
Nah, I'm alright.

We pour in three random ingredients without measuring them correctly and turn on the heater under them. It immediately starts to boil, and the smell of ozone starts to waft out of the top. There's a sudden pop as the glasses bottom gives out dumping the liquid right onto the flame of the burner. There is a small sizzle and in an instant a foul smelling smoke fills the room. manes star falling out.
>>
>>32620733
Manes falling out might be far too much. I'm alright with everything, but we should get that much in trouble.
>>
>>32620733 >>32620840

>Waving a hoof at him, you mutter.
"Nah, I'm alright."
>Using three random ingredients that look similar to what everypony else is using, you pour them in without bothering to measure them.
>"Uh, Grace?"
>Ignoring Ivory, you turn on the heater!
>It immediately starts to boil.
>The smell of ozone starts to waft out of the top.
>That's good, right?
>It's normal.
"See? No prob-"
>A sudden pop interrupts you.
>the bottom of the glass seems to have cracked.
>The liquid spills out, right onto the flame of the burner.
>You hear a small sizzle and in an instant, a foul smelling smoke fills the room.
>"...Well then, I don't even know what you did. But it probably isn't good."
>Ivory mutters out in a resigned tone, staring at the liquid slowly spilling out.
>Strangely, the fire doesn't seem to go out?
>Is this dangerous?
>This wouldn't cause some sort of side effect, right?
>A lot of ponies had turned their attention to you, including the teacher.

>What happens?
>>
>>32620940
Hmm, I don't think fire is suppose to continue on. Maybe I just invented fire that can't be put out?!... Oh come on, don't look at me like that! Sometimes you just need to look at the positive! Besides, when have I done anything wrong in the past? Isn't that right, teacher?
>>
>>32620840
Had to to write that down in a rush and I couldn't think of anything else. Dammit, it should have been all their manes were dyed purple or something.
>>
>>32620989
>dyed purple
We can still make it happen on the next post.
>>
>>32620940
The flask's bottom fully gives way and the smoke fills the room. A few smart ponies open the windows, but by the time the smoke finally clears everyones mane and tails were dyed purple.

>>32621023
Yea, you're right. What color do you think would work best?
>>
>>32620970 >>32620989
>>32621023 >>32621063

"Hmm, I don't think the fire is supposed to continue on. Maybe I just invented fire that can't be put out?!"
>The teacher is still looking towards you, judging you intently.
"...Oh come on, don't look at me like that! Sometimes, you just need to look at the positive!"
>"Grace, maybe stop talking before we get into more trouble."
>Ivory quietly whispers, face buried in a book on the table.
>Hmm? The edges of Ivory's mane is purple.
>Isn't it supposed to be brown?
>Is that some sort of side effect?
>What were you supposed to make anyway?
"Besides, when have I done anything wrong in the past? Isn't that right, teacher?"
>You smile innocently at your teacher, completely ignoring what Ivory said.
>As soon as you said that, the flask's bottom fully gives way, spilling the liquid all over the flame and the desk.
>The smoke fills the room, obscuring your vision.
>Among the sounds of coughing, you also hear windows being opened.
>Smart.
>By the time your sight returns, everypony's manes and tails are dyed purple.
>And the teacher is strangely calm.
>Which is a good thing, right?
>Right?
>"Do we all seriously have purple manes now? I can't go home like this! Grace, what did you do!?"
>Ivory shouts, staring up at his mane.
"I don't know!? You saw what I did!"
>You hear chatter picking up around you, while the teacher starts stalking towards you.
>Not good.
>Very not good, quick, say something to disarm the situation, Grace!

>What happens?

Pausing here for now.
>>
>>32621101
I have to go to the bathroom! Can I go to the bathroom? Nevermind, no time to ask! I need to go now! Tactical retreat to whatever door or window is closest.
>>
>>32621101
Uh, did I pass?

Also this >>32621119 but drag Ivory along with us. We can leave him to deal with everything alone after all.
>>
>>32621119 >>32621126

"Uh, did I pass?"
>That seems like a no.
>"We're very so-"
"I have to go to the bathroom! Can I go to the bathroom? Never mind, no time to ask! I need to go now!"
>Interrupting Ivory, you rise with both yours and Ivory's bags, pulling and dragging Ivory along with you.
>Can't make him deal with everything alone after all.
>"Wha-Hey, Grace!"
>Ivory shouts in surprise as you make your tactical retreat to the open window!
>In a swift motion, you fly outside of the class, manes and tails dyed purple.
>Nopony gives chase, you imagine your teacher is more focused on the botched potion.
>"Grace, what are you doing? We're going to be in so much trouble for this!"
>A panicked Ivory shouts into your ear.

>What happens?
>Did you flew away? Where?
>>
>>32621603
The teacher yells at us sticking his head out the window as we flee. We flew and flew with no particular destination in mind, often even double backing and going in a completely different direction. Eventually we land on the tallest thing we could find, the top of a large water tower that was on a rather tall building.
>>
>>32621603
Now it we run away from all our problems and join a life of crime! It's the perfect plan!
>>
>>32621645 >>32621819

>You can hear the faint sound of your teacher yelling at you from behind.
>Looking back, you see him sticking his head out of the window.
>Oof, you were wrong, he's definitely more focused on you than everything else.
>Nope nope nope nope nope.
>You're not staying here, nope.
>Wings flapping with greater strength you didn't know you had, you soar higher and further away from your teacher.
>Good thing he's not a pegasus!
>With no particular destination in mind, you fly on ahead aimlessly.
>Ivory has given up on asking questions and is just clinging onto you, groaning about things.
>Aha, that looks like a nice spot to land.

>Touching down on the top of a large water tower that's on a rather tall building, you hear Ivory saying.
>"So... we're not going back to class, right? We can't exactly go back after a stunt like that."
>Strangely enough, purple seems to suit him.
>He would probably disagree, heh.
"Uh..."
>"...Eh, maybe if we go back and explain we had a slight overreaction, explain a few things, and things will be okay?"
>Ha, 'slight' might be a bit of an understatement.
>Still, you're surprised there's nopony chasing after you, did you flew that fast?
>"No, that wouldn't... what if... Gah, come on, Grace, why did you run? With our bags, no less!"
"I panicked! Fight or flight! You know."
>"Ugh, does this technically count as a crime? We... don't have to go back, right?"
"No, of course not. I mean, we didn't leave anything behind."
>"I can't believe this. Are we delinquents now? Criminals? If we're not going back, we... what are we going to do?"
"We... run away from all our problems and join a life of crime!"
>"No, seriously, what are we going to do?"
"I don't know what you're talking about, it's the perfect plan!"
>"Ngh, for Celestia's sake, this is no time for jokes! We can't stay here forever!"
>He scrunches in annoyance.

>What happens?
>>
Last for today, thanks for participating.
>>
bump
>>
>>32621994
Of course we can stay up here forever, I'll just bring food and water back here and we'll be fine. Everything is good here, we're safe here...

We hug Ivory tightly. After a little while higher in the sky then even we are pegasii start to pull in clouds above us, these clouds are slowly becoming thicker and darker. Under the threat of being soaked from rain we still stay firm about staying here, until there is a sudden flash of lightning and the boom of thunder. We scoop up our bags and start to fly away, and between us one the it one smoldering tail.
>>
>>32623507
>>
>>32624202
>>
>>32624948
>>
>>32623708
>and between us one the it one smoldering tail.
?
>>
>>32621994
You're right, we can't. Perhaps we should abandon Equestria and find an abandoned island. We would need to scavenge food, find water, rebuild, reproduce, and create a whole new society!
>>
>>32625794
I was implying one of our tails got hit by a lightning bolt. Come to thing of it that might be a little too mean.

>>32625817
Yep Seconded.
>>
>>32623708 >>32625794
>>32625817 >>32625824

"Of course we can stay up here forever! I'll just bring food and water back here and we'll be fine. Everything is good here, we're safe here..."
>"Grace, don't be ridiculous, we-"
"You're right, we can't."
>You pull him into a tight hug.
>"Oh? Did you finally cal-"
"We have to abandon Equestria and find an abandoned island!"
>"...Wow, sounds exciting."
>He snarks.
"We would need to scavenge food, find water, rebuild, reproduce, and create a whole new society!"
>"Pfft, how are we even going to do that?"
"We fly east! Scanning the seas for patches of land! Then we put our camping skills to use and survive!"
>"...You know, there's a rain scheduled later today. Look, they're already pulling the clouds in."
>Ivory says, pointing a hoof up at the weather pegasi.
>Thicker, darker clouds are gathering.
>"At the very least, we should go somewhere else before we get soaked. Not to mention how high up we are, lightning might hit us."
"Noh! We're staying here until-"
>A sudden flash of lightning and a boom of thunder from above startles you.
>"You were saying?"
"Never mind! We're leaving!"
>Scooping up your bags, you carry Ivory and start flying away.

>What happens?
>>
>>32625929
After a little while small droplets of water begin to occasionally hit the pair, rolling off of Graces wings but they started to build up on their coats (and uniforms?) The wind also starts to pick up, making the flight very bumpy and bouncy as the storm tried it's best to throw them around like a balls. Eventually they come to a landing that isn't quite a crash landing but almost felt like it. Grace carries her partner in crime under a tree that's at least a little drier then anywhere else. She sits down, her soaked purple mane hanging in her face.

...Today should have been a holiday.

(I'm a little surprised that there wasn't any real reaction to that reproduce comment. Grace must have already gotten to Ivory by this point.)
>>
>>32625929
Okay, new plan... We die everypony's hair in the world the color purprle. That way, they absolutely can't blame us for being responsible for our hair turning purple! I swear those weather ponies are secretly sabotaging us. Therefore, I suggest we wear specialize aluminum foil caps to prevent them from hearing us... Alright, at this point, you know I'm obviously just spouting nonsense since I've given up.
>>32625992
>(I'm a little surprised that there wasn't any real reaction to that reproduce comment. Grace must have already gotten to Ivory by this point.)
He must've also gotten rid of his crush (which I was trying to start by that post of mine) at that point as well with his lack of reaction to it.
>>
>>32625992 >>32626015

>Within a few minutes, small droplets of water begins to fall, hitting the both of you occasionally.
>The wind starts picking up.
>You're not used to flying in conditions like these, so the flight starts getting bumpy as you fight against the wind.
>"Grace, let's land before the wind gets too strong for you to handle."
>You hear Ivory suggesting loudly, through the noise of the rain and wind.
>Following his suggestion, you come to a landing that felt almost like a crash.
>Ivory screams as you land, clinging onto you tightly as you rush to a tree.
>Trees are safe places to be at during storms, right?
>Right?
"...Today should've been a holiday."
>You complain, sitting down against the tree, soaked purple mane hanging in your face.
>"You have no one to blame, but yourself. This could've been prevented."
"It could, if you didn't make me come along to school!"
>"Ugh, I just want to go home, shower, and sleep now."
"Okay, new plan... We dye everypony's mane and tail in the world purple!"
>"..."
"That way, they absolutely can't blame us for being responsible for our hair turning purple!"
>"I don't think this would last for long, what you made should wear off eventually. Hopefully."
>He stands, looking around at your surroundings.
"I swear those weather ponies are secretly sabotaging us. Therefore, I suggest we wear specialize aluminum foil caps to prevent them from hearing us."
>"..."
>He silently turns to you, expression blank.
"...Alright, at this point, you know I'm obviously just spouting nonsense since I've given up."
>"I think that was clear since a few minutes ago. Ugh, okay, so, your home or mine?"
"Home?"
>"Are you seriously suggesting that we stay here, in the middle of a storm, for Celestia knows how long?"
>He squints at you, pearls of water dripping off of his mane and tail.

>What happens?
>>
>>32626176
I know you have every right to doubt me... but I didn't say anything about staying here.
...I'm sorry. I dragged you into something I did again... Why are you still willing to go home with me?
>>
>>32626176
...Lets go to mine, I think it's closer to here. ...Can you hold my mane so it doesn't get in my eyes? I don't want us to fly into something, I've messed up enough today already.

Stand back up and prepare to take off.
>>
>>32626225 >>32626242

"I know you have every right to doubt me... but I didn't say anything about staying here."
>"I know, I'm just urging you to get a move on, silly."
"Sorry, I dragged you into something I did again... Why are you still willing to go home with me?"
>"...Because we're friends? If I didn't like you, I would've stayed the heck away from you since we met."
>He raises an eye questioningly at your words.
"...Lets go to mine, I think it's closer to here."
>You stand back up, scooping up your bags.
>Thankfully, they're 'slightly' water resistant!
>Your books and whatnot should stay dry unless you toss the bag into a river.
>"We flying there?"
"Yeah, can you hold my mane so it doesn't get in my eyes? I don't want us to fly into something, I've messed up enough today already."
>"Sheesh, since when did you become such a downer?"
>As he climbs onto you, your mane sweeps themselves away, pushed aside by magic.
>"Actually, wouldn't it be safer to trot?"
"Nah, I can handle it. Wouldn't want to catch a cold now."
>You answer, preparing to take off.
>"Let's go then. Is your mother or father home right now?"

>What happens?
>>
>>32626277
Uh, I don't know. Mom might be home, I don't know about dad.

We launch ourselves into the air and fly off in the general direction of our house. The wind and rain buffet against us, and there is another lightning strike in the distance but we make it back home safely. Quickly hurrying inside to get out of the rain we close the door behind us, it doesn't look like anyone is home.
>>
>>32626293

"Uh, I don't know. Mom might be home, I don't know about dad."
>You shrug with your wings.
>Launching yourself up into the air, you fly off in the general direction of your home, wind and rain buffeting against you.
>Another lighting strike in the distance startles Ivory.
>"Gah! I thought these things are supposed to be safe and well contained."
"We're here!"
>Landing in front of the door, you unlock the door, hurrying inside to get out of the rain.
>Shutting the door behind you, you note mentally, that nopony seems to be home.
>"I don't think your parents are home."
>Ivory states the obvious, climbing off of you.
>It 'is' really quiet, so mom and dad probably isn't around.
>You should probably grab towels for the both of you.
>Or go into the bathroom and shower.

>What happens?
>>
>>32626293
This.
>>
>>32626339
Put our bags by the door so to water can drip off of them.

I need a shower, we both need a shower. Come on, who's going to go first? Ah screw it, come with me.

We pick Ivory back up and start dragging him towards the bathroom, we push open the door and go inside with the probably protesting Ivory. We put him back on the ground and turn on the water waiting for it to heat up.
>>
>>32626385
Not this. I know we tend to be inappropriate a lot, but we're not that ignorant of what Ivory would want. We've already done enough for today by dragging him out of school to the rain. We're old enough to know this is completely horrible of us to do.
>>
>>32626339
Alright, you can go take that shower first since you want one oh so badly. What kind of weirdo would ever want a shower after getting wet in the rain?
>>32626385
I don't see us inviting him to the shower. That's a clear sign of interest, and we all know that Grace was completely disinterested in Ivory throughout growing up with him. Lewd jokes are fine, but getting physical and as obvious as dragging him to a shower is pushing it.
>>
>>32626408
>>32626414
I was going to offer him to go shower in our parents bathroom once he started acting funny. However I don't know if they have one. But alright, whatever.

>>32626414
Where did he say he wanted a shower? Did I miss that?
>>
>>32626445
Right here >>32626176
>"Ugh, I just want to go home, shower, and sleep now."
>>
>>32626385 >>32626408
>>32626414 >>32626445
>>32626459

>Setting your bags by the door, you say.
"Hmph, you can go take that shower first since you want one oh so badly. What kind of weirdo would ever want a shower after getting wet in the rain?"
>"The rain is freaking cold. I want a hot bath and relax by a fireplace, is that so weird?"
"Yeah yeah, you know where the bathroom is."
>"What? Do I just go in?"
"Duh?"
>"We're wet though..."
"Psh, we'll deal with that later."
>"Ngh."
>He trots deeper into the house.
>"Are you just going to wait there?"
"Uh-"
>"Come on, you need to get dry too."
>A weak force pulls at your hoof, urging you to follow him inside.

>Standing outside the bathroom, a floating towel drapes over your head.
>Ivory trots inside, pulling aside the shower curtains inside the bathroom.
>Magic turning on the water, a hoof of his pokes at the stream of water, testing the temperature.

>What happens?
>>
So, I don't really know what to do now. The situation was turned on it's head and my plan will no longer work. Shall I just improvise or do one of you two have a plan?
>>
Really? No one? I guess I'll improvise then. You know, I really dislike how this happens then I'm left to deal with it, yes I know not everyone can be here all the time because of sleep/work/family ect ect but it feels like every time a choice split like this happens everyone runs off.
>>
>>32626505
Trot inside and jump into the shower.
>>
>>32626505
Grace lets out a small sigh and rolls her eyes, quickly trotting into the bathroom with Ivory. Stand besides him as the water starts to heat up. Rubbing our mane with the towel so we can at least try to have our mane out of our eyes for a couple seconds.

So, how are we going to to this? Are we going to both squeeze in there or am I just waiting in here so I don't drip water on the floor in the rest of the house?

The water eventually starts to heat up and fog up the mirrors and tiles.
>>
>>32626579 >>32626599

>Letting out a small sigh, you roll your eyes, trotting inside while rubbing your mane with the towel Ivory threw you.
"So, how are we going to to this? Are we going to both squeeze in there or am I just waiting in here so I don't drip water on the floor in the rest of the house?"
>You ask, hanging the towel on the wall
>"Hmm? There's not a lot of room here. I thought you didn't want to shower, changed your mind?"
"Maybe. I'm taking that as a yes!"
>As the mirrors and tiles fog up, you jump into the shower right next to him.
>"Uh huh, ever heard of personal space?"
>He mutters, stepping aside to make room for you.
"Nope! You didn't stop me!"
>"Tsk, whatever. Where's the soap?"
>...
>"I thought 'light rain' was scheduled for today, not a thunderstorm. Think something went wrong? Again?"
"Heh, probably."
>"Eh, at least it's not something as crazy as snowing during summer. Shoot, we should've pulled the books out of our bags."
"They'll be fine."
>"I'm not too sure of that.... Gah, washing it doesn't work, you think they've fixed this purple mane problem already?"

>What happens?
>>
>>32626687
Uh, I really haven't got a clue. I don't know how this stuff works, I mixed a butch of stuff together and then basically set it on fire, this could be permanent for all I know.
At least it looks good on you, purple doesn't suit me at all. Pass the soap will you?

We slowly start to get ourselves clean, bumping hooves and elbows every so often in the small space as we move. Even with the hot water and soap the purple dye remains firmly in place. A little bit into the showering there is a firm knock at the bathroom door.
>>
>>32626771

"Uh, I really haven't got a clue. I don't know how this stuff works, I mixed a butch of stuff together and then basically set it on fire, this could be permanent for all I know."
>"I doubt that, even if it is, we can undo it."
"At least it looks good on you, purple doesn't suit me at all. Pass the soap will you?"
>"Mm, here. Does it really look good on me? I don't think anypony back home would be happy about this."
>Slowly, you start getting yourselves clean, hooves bumping against each other every so often in the small space.
>Even with the hot water and soap, your manes and tails remain purple.
>"This is a tad awkward..."
"Hmm?"
>"Having such little space, I meant."
"Not everypony has giant homes."
>"I am well aware of that. It's ju-"
>A firm knock at the bathroom door causes Ivory to freeze up.
>"..."

>What happens?
>Who's outside?
>>
>>32626886
We squeeze past Ivory and jump out of the shower, quickly wrapping our mane up in a towel tower mostly hiding it from view. We go up and stand on the opposite side of the door.

Uh, hey do you mind? I'm kind of in the shower right now.

Our father responds. He came in a little while ago finding the pairs bags as he came inside. He unpacked the wet bags, not wanting to let whatever was inside get damaged.
>>
>>32626932

>Squeezing past Ivory, you jump out of the shower, quickly wrapping your mane up in a towel.
>It only partially hides it, but that's good enough.
>Standing on the opposite side of the door, you say to it.
"Uh, hey, do you mind? I'm kind of in the shower right now."
>"Yes, I do mind! Shouldn't you be at school? I came in a little while ago, saw your bags at the entrance. And don't worry, I've already took out your things, they're in your room."
"Oh... Um..."
>Aw darn it, dad totally saw everything in there then.
>"And why is Ivory here too? I know he's in there."
>"..."
>You see Ivory scrunching at that behind you.

>What happens?
>>
>>32626971
We pull open the door a crack, just big enough for us to lean our head over and talk to dad without the door in the way but still hiding our body behind the door.

Uh, we both got caught out in the storm. And we both wanted a warm shower. Ivory kind of forgot normal ponies don't have showers big enough to hold a hoofball game in.
>>
>>32627030

>Pulling the door open ever so slightly, you lean your head over, looking to your dad through the crack.
"Uh, we both got caught out in the storm. And we both wanted a warm shower. Ivory kind of forgot normal ponies don't have showers big enough to hold a hoofball game in."
>"I assumed as much."
>He sighs and says.
>"Don't ignore the question, why were you out in the storm in the first place?"
"Um..."
>"Uncle, there was... an accident at school."
>"An accident? Elaborate."
>"..."
>Ivory looks to you, unsure of what he should say.
>"What are you two hiding? You know you can tell me."
>Oof, it wasn't that obvious, was it?

>What happens?
>>
Paused.
>>
>>32627119
Ivory, you have a big mouth. You know that right?

We lift our hoof up and grip the towel around our head, quickly pulling it off and letting our now purple mane fall back into place. We slowly step back from the door, letting it swing open.

We kinda did this to ourselves...
>>
>>32627199
Okay, goodnight Tour.
>>
>>32626576
Sorry? Complaining isn't going to get others to change their schedule for you just because you're frustrated by it.
>>
>>32627863
I just needed to vent. It's fine if others won't change their schedules, but I'm not going to fold like that again.
>>
>>
>>32627119
We accidnetly got caught in the middle of the storm all by ourselves. It was dangerous enough that flying was a risk, *mutter* and I was late for school because I thought it was a holiday, messed around with random chemicals, turned everyone hair in my class purple, and ran away from school. *mutter*
Anyways, how was work! I missed you!
>>
>>32629562
>>
>>32627201 >>32629572

"Ivory, you have a big mouth. You know that right?"
>Ivory scrunches as he mutters.
>"How were we supposed to hide something so obvious? The school, our teacher will talk to them about this sooner or later."
"Ahhh! Shush! You're making it sound worse!"
>"You're making this sound worse by reacting like this!"
>"Ahem."
"Uh..."
>"I'll withhold judgement until you explain everything, promise."
>Lifting a hoof up, you grip the towel around your head, quickly pulling it off.
>Slowly, you take a step back from the door, letting it swing open.

>"...Purple? Really? Couldn't you have picked something better?"
"Hey! It was an accident!"
>"I know, I'm just teasing. So what happened?"
"We kinda did this to ourselves..."
>"Hello? What is this 'we' business?"
>Ivory asks, scrunching at you.
"We were late for school because I thought it was a holiday."
>You mutter, gaze falling down.
>In your defence, mom thought so too!
>Mostly because you told her and she didn't bother checking.
>"She mixed random chemicals during an experiment. As you can see, it turned everypony's manes and tails purple."
>Ivory explains, playing around with his mane.
"And then I grabbed Ivory and ran away from school. Then the storm came and we got caught in it..."
>Mumbling, your hooves trails the floor nervously.
>"Oof, seriously? At least this was a harmless outcome. Ugh, I'll go with you to school and explain things later, or tomorrow, depends if the storm stays."
>Dad sighs, rubbing his head with a wing.
"Anyways, how was work!? I missed you!"
>"Work was meh. Grace, you should've known better than to mess around like that. Safety procedures, your teacher should've already talked about them."
"..."
>"In her defence, there was no way that we could've created something dangerous, and uh... I knew it was going to go wrong, but I didn't stop her..."

>What happens?
>>
>>32630855
Ivory, you don't have to blame yourself for this. It was my fault for not asking for help and for pretending to know what I was doing. But I'm sure we can all agree at the end of the day, that it was that teacher's fault for being too boring too listen to. Do you know how hazardous it is for a chemistry teacher to be too boring toolisten to around chemicals?
>>
>>32630855
It wasn't your fault, it was all mine. You don't need to take any of the blame. Sorry about this, dad. You know mom always said to act before you think!.. Or was it the other way around?
>>
>>32630872 >>32631076

"Ivory, you don't have to blame yourself for this. It was my fault for not asking for help and for pretending to know what I was doing. But I'm sure we can all agree at the end of the day, that it was that teacher's fault for being too boring too listen to."
>"Eh, listening to him 'is' pretty boring."
>Ivory chuckles, coming out of the shower.
"Exactly! Do you know how hazardous it is for a chemistry teacher to be too boring too listen to around chemicals?"
>"Grace..."
"Dad, it's not like I'm saying it to his face!"
>"I didn't need a headache this early in the day."
>Dad mutters to himself.
"Sorry about this, dad. You know mom always said to act before you think! ...Or was it the other way around?"
>"It was definitely the other way around. I'm going upstairs, work, so you two... be good, kay? We'll talk to the school tomorrow, since the storm doesn't seem to be letting up."
>Sighing, dad trots away and up the stairs.
>"Heh, guess going to school on the next wasn't fun, eh?"
>Patches says, looking out of the window.
>"No it wasn't, I thought we were gonna get expelled or something."
"And I still think you were overreacting."
>"Having a day to think about what might happen wasn't pleasant."
>"Mm, I can see the city now."
>You hear Patches saying, squinting his eyes at the lights in the horizon.

>What do?
>Continue?
>>
>>32631105
Already? Darn, I just remembered right now that I should've told the story about how we met and became inseparable together. It's not everyday that you get two ponies like us to get along, grow up together, get married, and have foals together. What? As if, those last few things aren't going to happen to us eventually!
>>
>>32631105
Well, there is only a little more to cover if you want to hear about what happened. Do you really want to leave it on a cliff hanger like this? Who knows when or if you'll every be able to find out what happened, or if there was ever a way to get that purple out of our manes.
>>
>>32631105
How many minutes far do you think it is? We can see it, but it's still pretty far off if you can barely squint at it.
>>
>>32631133 >>32631163 >>32631207

"Already? Darn, I just remembered right now that I should've told the story about how we met and became inseparable together. It's not everyday that you get two ponies like us to get along, grow up together, get married, and have foals together."
>"Wow, didn't know you planned that far into the future."
>"..."
>Ivory stays silent, looking up at you with a blank face.
"What? As if, those last few things aren't going to happen to us eventually!"
>He snorts and nuzzles you, unable to stop himself from smiling.
"Hey Patches, how many minutes far do you think that is? We can see the city, but it's gotta still be pretty far off if you can barely squint at it."
>"Thirty? Twenty? The train isn't going all that fast."
>The changeling shrugs.
>Ivory rests his head on your forehooves, seeming a bit tired.
"Mm... Well, there is only a little more to cover if you want to hear about what happened. Do you really want to leave it on a cliff hanger like this? Who knows when or if you'll every be able to find out what happened, or if there was ever a way to get that purple out of our manes."
>"Ha, I think it's pretty obvious that the purple mane problem was dealt with."
"Hey, you'll never know, maybe we've been dying our manes back to their original colours! Or maybe it's magic!"
>"We have some time, I'm fine with you continuing, or talking about something else."

>What do?
>>
>>32631251
Lets finish up our current story first, I can tell you all about how I met Ivory and convinced him to like me later. A good way to pass the last bit of time on this train anyway.

Well, Ivory stayed the night. Mostly because the storm while much more tame was still there. Also probably still a little scared of going home with his new look.
The next day dad practically pulled us to school, we were called to the principles office where our chemistry teacher our principle looked down on us.
>>
>>32631251
Hmm, it might be better to continue this story. The story on how we met and got together is too important and long for this last stretch of our ride.

When mom finally came home, saw, and heard from dad and a call from the teacher once we were done, she laughed and congratulated me for creating a new hair dye. Yeah, dad and mom didn't share the same view, but they always loved each other no matter what... sorry, talking about dad being with mom and I is still a little difficult.
>>
>>32631299 >>32631318

"Let's finish up our current story first, the story on how we met and got together is too important and long for this last stretch of our ride."
>"You can always tell me about it sometime in the future."
"Plus, this is a good way to pass the last bit of time on this train anyway. So! Ivory stayed the night. Mostly because the storm while much more tame was still there. Also probably still a little scared of going home with his new look."
>"That was one of the many reasons I had, yes. Grace's father was kind enough to make the offer in the first place, so I didn't have to leave."
"Hehe, when mom finally came home, saw, and heard from dad and a call from the teacher, she laughed and congratulated me for creating a new hair dye."
>"She thought I looked great with purple mane too."
>"Not surprising, sounds like how she would've acted."
"Dad and mom didn't share the same view, but they always loved each other no matter what..."
>It never gets better...
>You feel a comforting nuzzle from Ivory.
"Sorry, talking about dad being with mom and I is still a little... difficult."
>"Mm, I understand, you don't have to talk if it's too much."
"Nah, it's fine. The next day, dad practically pulled Ivory and I to school."
>"Well, we weren't being very cooperative."
"Hehe, as soon as we got there, we ended up being called to the principal's office."
>"Both our teacher and the principal was there, it was... scary."
>Ivory shivers at the memory.

>What say?
>>
>>32631394
We sat there in silence for hours, they just stared at us. They had to have turned up the heat in the room just to make us sweat more.
Finally our chemistry teacher broke the silence, he told us he figured out what we did and he knew out how long it'd last. For the ponies farther away it'd be about a week, maybe a week and a half. For the ones in the center though...
The principle chimed in at that point, he told us we'd be in detention on our breaks and an hour after school until everyone's mane were back to normal.
Course, we didn't know how long that's be. We were also banned from chemistry for the entire year.
We spent nearly 2 months with purple manes in detention.
>>
>>32631394
Rumors always had it that the principal was secretly a disguised monsters with claws and fangs that will eat everything you love!... I swear this was far before you know what species existed... no offense?
>>
>>32631394
It was the most intense staring contest we've ever had in our entire life.
>>
>>32631421 >>32631423 >>32631471

"There were rumors among the students. About the principal."
>"Oh, you mean..."
"Yup, that our principal was secretly a disguised monster with claws and fangs that will eat everything you love!"
>"It was a pretty silly rumor. But it kinda fit how most would describe changelings, doesn't it..."
"...I swear this was far before we even know they existed... no offense?"
>"Psh, why would I be offended? Don't worry about it."
>"How did that even became a thing anyway?"
"Who knows, anyway, we sat there in silence for hours, while they just stared at us. I'm like, ninety percent sure they turned up the heat in the room just to make us sweat more."
>"Grace please, don't exaggerate."
"Well, it felt like hours! It was the most intense staring contest I've had in my life!"
>"Eh, true, my heart was pounding like crazy."
>Pretty sure he was somewhat close to crying.

>"So when our teacher finally spoke up, he said he figured out what Grace did, and knew how long it would last, most of our classmates would be stuck with purple manes for about a week."
"It depended on the distance, and since we were right next to it..."
>"It was... not fun."
"The principal told us we would be in detention on our breaks and an hour after school until everyone's manes were back to normal."
>"Ouch, guess it lasted longer than you thought it would?"
>Patches chuckles at that.
"Yup, we didn't know how long that would've took, and on top of that, we were banned from chemistry for the entire year."
>"Two months... we spent nearly two months with purple manes in detention."
"Yeah, that was a fun time."
>"I didn't know how to explain it to mom and dad, I didn't even say anything at all when we were in the principal's office."
>Ivory sighs, taking a bigger gulp of his drink.
>"Ha, what did your classmates thought about this? Bet some of them thought you were cool."

>What do?
>>
Paused, probably for the day.
>>
>>32631488
Well, making a large explosion and annoying the teacher and principle so badly did certainly make waves. And it was pretty easy to tell it was us because pretty soon we were pretty much the only ponies with purple manes and tails that shade.
We weren't exactly popular with our classmates, but the rest of the school made us feel almost like we were legends. Well, at least until the next big thing happened and everyone focused on that.
>>
>>32631488
...No, it really wasn't. It was pretty much the opposite of what you're saying, Patches. You know by now I don't have a good history of anyone actually liking me or having any other friends other than Ivory during that time.
Ivory had enough status from having being in a rich family that the idea of bothering him was intimidating enough... I didn't have that blessing.
>>32631508
Were we legends? Grace's past from what we've been told shows that she's pretty much a social outcast that only got by thanks to her parents and Ivory.
>>
>>32631513
I know that's true since Grace's adulthood, but I don't remember if we've ever established her childhood.
>>
>>32631515
I suppose that's true. Grace's entire past doesn't need to be entirely bad, but I guess we could get some respect from this incident.
Although, being an outcast might slightly worse since school takes it to an even bigger level, but I'm not sure if we should make Grace's past that bad or not.
>>
>>32631513
We were legends, up until the next big thing happened and everyone focused on that. Basically what I'm saying is they pretty much forgot about us when something else came along. If I'm wrong it'll be Grace exaggerating trying to impress Patches, which Ivory will shut down.
>>
>>32631527
I guess we could be that weirdo that everyone just ignored and avoided due to how crazy they came off which scared off potential friends or bullies. Plus, we weren't directly competing or doing a far better job in a competitive work environment either compared to our adulthood.
>>
>>32631515
>>32631527
>>32631521
I think we've had glimpses of Grace's childhood. Nothing to suggest it was too bad though.

I seem to remember four things/times we've seen in our past, there may be more of them that I'm forgetting and one of them might not be very true. First the indecent where we got stuck in a window and we needed Ivories dads help, two the time we took pictures of Ivory snuggling with a stallion at camp, three the crazy indecent that we almost got hit with a frying pan for. And I believe there might have been a throw away line where Ivory saw us having sex in an alleyway or something.
>>
>>32631539
>And I believe there might have been a throw away line where Ivory saw us having sex in an alleyway or something.
Yeah, according to Grace, that was directly the first time she officially met Ivory. Of course, there's obviously a lot more to the origin story of our friendship if we managed to become friends, despite how incompatible we seem and from that awkward first impression.
>>
>>32631546
Oh good, that is actually true and I'm not making it up.
And yes it is certainly an... Interesting way of first meeting someone. I'll admit there is definitely a story to be told there. Since we were never after his money or harassing him that must have gone a long way, but something had to have happened to make us this inseparable.

But this does, make the time line a little... awkward. For that statement to be true it would need to be a little bit before the crazy incident with the frying pan mare.
>>
>>32632354
>>
>>32632790
>>
>>32633214
>>
>>32633902
>>
>>32634503
>>
>>32631508 >>32631513 >>32631515
>>32631521 >>32631527 >>32631532
>>32631539 >>32631546 >>32631564

"Well, making a large explosion and annoying the teacher and principal so badly did certainly make waves. And it was pretty easy to tell it was us because pretty soon we were pretty much the only ponies with purple manes and tails that shade."
>"Think everypony knew way before that. We caused quite a scene, and our classmates probably told other students."
"We weren't exactly popular with our classmates."
>"Because most ponies thought Grace was weird... and crazy. Heck, even my friends thought you were weird."
>They didn't mind your presence though.
>As far as you know, anyway.
"But yeah! The rest of the school made us feel almost like we were legends."
>"For you, maybe. I did not want all that attention. I didn't even do anything!"
"Heh, it didn't last that long. Once the next big thing happened, everypony just focused on that instead."
>"Sheesh, I've never even gotten into that much trouble before that. Thankfully, Grace's dad also helped explain things to my family."
>"Pfft, you could've spoken up, explained how you weren't responsible."
>Patches says to Ivory.
>"I doubt anypony would've believe me at that point. And I didn't want to throw Grace under the bus. Plus... I was... a bit too scared to actually say anything."

>What do?

Update.
>>
>>32635778
Even if it was because you were too much of a wimp to say anything I appreciate not being under a bus, I dislike being inside I'd hate to see what was underneath.

Have a lot out the window and check how close we are to the city.
>>
>>32635778
In all fairness sake, I should've talked to them a lot more rather than my dad doing it. None of it was your fault and I should've been the one to explain.
>>
>>32635827 >>32636199

"Even if it was because you were too much of a wimp to say anything, I appreciate not being under a bus. I dislike being inside one, I would hate to see what was underneath."
>"Pff, gee, thanks for sticking up for this wimp all the time."
"Heh, in all fairness, I should've talked to them a lot more. Rather than leaving it all to my dad. None of it was your fault and I should've been the one to explain."
>Reluctantly, you get up and trot over to a window, checking the distance to the city.
>Seems like you'll be passing the bridge in a few minutes.
>Not long left.
>"Your dad was really nice though, without him, we probably would've gotten it way worse than just detention."
>Ivory chuckles, getting up and stretching his limbs.
>"Mm, you feeling alright?"
>Patches suddenly asks you.
"Hmm? I'm fine, just... thinking about dad is a bit... you know."
>A hoof strokes your back.
>Glancing back, you see Ivory moving next to you, leaning against you as he looks out of the window with you.
>"Your mother also told me a few things about him. From what little I've heard of him, it sounded like he was a good stallion."
>Patches quietly says.
"Heh, my opinion might be a 'little' biased, but he was!"
>"Hmm..."
>You hear Patches humming, lost in thought.

>What do?

Another update.
>>
>>32636528
...I do still miss him sometimes.

Wrap our hooves around Ivory and look out the window, watching as the world goes by.
>>
>>32636528
It's okay. I miss him still, but it's life.
Why did Grace and her mother grow distant out of curiosity? It's must've been pretty bad if her mother didn't even bother to tell her about the new griffon or the engagement.
>>
>>32636545 >>32636625

"...I do still miss him sometimes. But... it's okay, it's life."
>Wrapping your hooves around Ivory, the both of you look outside, watching as the world goes by.
>It's dark, but the view is still pretty.
>"..."
>Ivory's tail intertwines with yours, silently comforting you.
>"The train will be arriving shortly."
>The static voice of a stallion sounds from above.
>The bridge and the sea looks more stunning during the day.
>Maybe you're just not a night pony.

>Wonder if mom still misses him?
>She's gotta, she was a wreck when it happened.
>Mom and that griffon...
>How long 'have' they been dating?
>...
>"Now that I think about it, it's been a while since I've been to your place..."
>How did you two grew so distant?
>You never really thought about it...
>It's not like you two fought or anything, you don't remember anything like that happening.
>Maybe it just happened with time?
>She moved away, and you two sent less and less letters to each other...
>Work also took up more and more of your attention.
>Whatever the reason, you should talk and visit more often, she's your mom after all.
>Wouldn't want a repeat of this 'practically strangers' nonsense again.
>"Grace?"
"Hmm?"
>"I was asking, if you're going to do something... about how everypony treats you at work. It's not healthy, overworking yourself like that."

>What do?

Have another one.
>>
>>32636625
Neither is starving and living on the streets. ...Sorry... That came out wrong. It's just, I really don't like thinking about it. I know it's not healthy, but I've done the best I could do, I'm out of options. It's either quit and be a burden on you until I can find something else or stick it out in my crappy job with my crappy coworkers under my crappy boss's hoof.
...I really don't know what else I can do.
>>
>>32637556
>>
>>32638692
>>
>>32637057
I can always quit... Maybe become an independent reporter, but there's a really low chance of that ever working. If I quit, I have to stay commited to it, because it's likely the news industry is not going to accept me back.
>>
>>32637057
I knoe it isn't healthy, but you knoe I've always taking advantage of your wealth. A good part of will feel guilty if you had to provide me while I had no job. Plus, it's my passion.
>>
>>32640784
Ugh, replace knoe with know* because of crappy phone posting.
>>
>>32637161 >>32640556 >>32640784
>>32640830

"Neither is starving and living on the streets."
>"..."
"...Sorry, that came out wrong. It's just, I really don't like thinking about it. I know it's not healthy, but I've done the best I could do. I'm out of options."
>"You can always quit?"
>Ivory whispers, almost inaudibly.
"Sure, I can always quit... maybe become an independent reporter, but there's not a high chance of that working out. And if I quit, I'll have to stay committed to my choice, because it's likely the news industry isn't going to accept me back. So... it's either quit and be a burden on you until I can maybe find something else... or stick it out in my crappy job with my crappy coworkers under my crappy boss' hoof."
>"You know you won't be a burden to me."
"You don't mind, but I do. You know how I feel about taking advantage of your wealth, I want to be able to provide for myself, to be... useful, you know?"
>"As long as you do what makes you happy, I wouldn't have a thing against it, but you don't seem very happy about it all. Whenever you've talked about work during this trip, you sounded very...."
"Miserable?"
>"Not exactly what I wanted to say, but yes."
"Maybe, but this is my passion! It's what I've always wanted from the start!"
>"Eh, I know, you just don't seem very happy about it, that's all."

>What do?
>>
>>32640838
Maybe you're right... You've already seen enough of me beating myself up and acting like an irresponsible idiot during this vacation. I should learn my lesson now and do the right thing that's healthy. Problem is, what will I do next if I do quit?
>>
>>32640838
I do love my job, no doubt about that. But it's just that everything else makes it almost unbearable. I feel so trapped in it because I don't have any other way of earning money.
>>
>>32640861 >>32640951

"I do love my job, no doubt about that. But it's just that everything else makes it almost unbearable. I feel so trapped in it because I don't have any other way of earning money."
>"I..."
"Maybe you're right... You've already seen enough of me beating myself up and acting like an irresponsible idiot during this vacation. I should just... learn my lesson now and quit, for my own sake... Problem is, what will I do next if I do quit?"
>"Do... whatever that makes you happy? Find another news company to work for? I don't know."
"I don't know..."
>"...You've never told me any of this, I never even knew how much your coworkers hated you before this trip. Why do they even hate you? Did you offend them or something? Are they jealous of you? Surely, there's a reason, yes?"

>What do?
>>
>>32641104
Of course I never told you any of this, because if I did then I'd make you worry over me.
I don't really know why they hate me, they didn't use to. When I first started there everything was great they were all really nice, my boss was still just as pushy but it wasn't as hostile back them.
Things started to decline from that after just over half a year, I don't know why...
>>
>>32641104
I've already said it's a competitive market. Another thing I might have neglected to mention is that my company has had some layoffs in the past. Not enough to be a problem, but enough for it to be on your mind. People want news far more faster than ever and only those who get the most accurate and interesting news first is the most likely to stay in the business. I just happen to be one of the best.
Imagine someone like me at school. I'd be some bumbling weirdo that will scare you off, but that's it. You wouldn't really talk or think about them. Work? Imagine that now with that idiot being one of the best at your own job while also irritating you with their personality and attitude, along with the possibility of being fired. All that build jealousy, envy, and eventually hate.
>>32641144
Is there an actual reason that you're hiding that would cause that? It can't just happen for no reason.
>>
>>32641174
What are you talking about? I'm not hiding the cause, I'm suggesting that we don't know what the cause is.
>>
>>32641205
Sorry, shitty day on my end. I guess I thought you had an idea on how it happened since we're practically able to control what's the real cause of this hate on Grace we've established.
>>
>>32641236
I understand, I've had bad days as well. I do have a few ideas of what the reason is, but I'm suggesting that Grace doesn't know what it is. I can throw my idea of how it happened if you'd like?
>>
>>32641290
Yeah, throw some ideas out. It's always good and interesting to come up with a reason together for an event.
>>
>>32641308
Okay, sure.

I was thinking a few months into our job we had a company outing or something along those lines, to a nice restaurant. We of course invited Ivory to be our plus one, he came a little overdressed. Most of them saw us talking to each other and they began to believe we were more then just friends. This wasn't exactly a problem and no one said anything, but then we got a little flirty with a couple cute stallions and one of our coworkers might have seen us lead one of them to a secluded spot.
Rumor quickly spread that we were cheating on Ivory, this soured things with most of our coworkers. After a little while they found out who Ivory was, and how he was the son of a very wealthy couple. All behind our back we were labeled a adulterer who didn't really love her stallionfriend and was only using him for his money.
>>
>>32641396
Eh, it might work with coworkers, but it doesn't really work with our boss our with Grace's character. We're a very privy person who likes to overhear. In fact, that's how we learned we were hated so much. Wouldn't make sense at all to overhear our coworkers talking about hating us without a rumor.
>>
>>32641396
>>32641418
Also, it sounds far longer than a few months. This has been exhausting Grace for a good long while. At least, that's how it comes off when she explains that she's frustrated and exhausted by a long time of overworking.
>>
>>32641418
Hmm... I'll admit that is a little bit of a problem. For Grace it could be because she only heard part of it, and didn't understand a lot of what they meant because a lot of it wouldn't make sense from her stand point.
As for Graces boss, Well I'm not sure. She could have been cheated on by a lover before or something like that and that would make sense. But I don't really like the idea of adding something to a character just to make something else work better.

>>32641440
No you misunderstand. I'm saying this started a few months in from when we started working there. It could have been a long time since it actually happened, I didn't set a limit on how long she's been dealing with it.
>>
>>32641466
I like the idea. It just seems a little hard to ever see happening. I'm not sure how you hear about the many coworkers, including your boss, hating you while also not mentioning the reason. It's an office environment and prone to constantly mentioning the rumor to get everyone to hate us. Remember, we were privy enough to find out everyone in the office hates us, including our boss, and she says it's very easy overhear and learn what her coworkers are talking about.
https://www.anonpone.com/vacation/31730322/#navbar
>Heh, you get what I mean. With someone as privy as me, it isn't hard to learn when others talk about you and what they honestly think. That includes my boss.
>>
>>32641144 >>32641174

"Of course I've never told you any of this, because if I did, you would worry over me."
>You hear the sound of a door opening behind you.
>"That's true, but still."
>Ivory leans further into you, as your hoof pulls him in a bit closer.
"I don't 'really' know why they hate me, when I first started, everypony was really nice to me... well, my boss was just as pushy, but hey."
>"You don't have any ideas at all?"
"Well, I have a few..."
>"Like?"
"So... I never mentioned this before, but my company has had a few layoffs in the past. So I'm thinking... you know how I was like at school, I'm some bumbling weirdo that will scare you off and weird you out-"
>"Not really, no."
"...Most ponies feel that way, you can't deny that."
>"..."
"So imagine this, some idiot that irritates you-"
>Something lightly whacks the back of your head.
>"Stop calling yourself an idiot."
>A scrunching Ivory hugs you, nuzzling against your sides.
"...with their personality and attitude is way better than you at your job. You might get even get fired instead of them. All that doesn't exactly... makes you happy, right? I don't know, it's just a guess."
>"Hmm, maybe it's not just you, maybe everypony else has been getting more stuff to do too? Have you noticed anything noteworthy about your coworkers?"
"Eh..."
>The station is in sight.
>"It's just... I don't see why something like this would be happening."
"Mm..."

>What do?
>>
>>32641553
I wish I knew why everyone hated me, but I can't come up with much of anything. I listen in to their conversations, but there's never a clear reason. All I know is that I hear they call me a strange, privy idiot who annoys everyone around her. Please don't hit me. I'm just repeating the reasons they state in their conversations. They're right about being privy though.
>>
>>32641490
Well, our coworkers probably know we're in earshot as well. If they wanted us to know they hated us it would be a good way of them berating us without them getting in trouble for it. Though it would be very odd for us to have never pieced it together.

The newspaper could have a rule that is something along the lines of 'keep personal lives out of the workplace.' but adding more and more conveniences just to make this one thing work isn't a good idea.
What do you propose then? Do you have any ideas of your own?

I do have a couple more ideas but they are a lot weaker then this one. Pretty much just boiling down to 'We were a slut' or 'We worked too hard.' I mean, there is a possibility that they have a real reason for hating us, and we're skewing the truth to Ivory. But that's about all my ideas.
>>
>>32641588
All I can think is we're too good and the business is not in a good place right now and promotes competition with coworkers, and maybe our boss absolutely despises our personality, but keeps us around? It's pretty generic though.
Maybe we screwed something up at work and affected everyone negatively without us realizing? Then again, we already would've heard that as well by overhearing.
All I can is just the first idea, honestly. I don't have much.
>>
>>32641608
I'll agree, it would be very plain if that was the reason.
The idea of us messing up is possible, but would have definitely heard of it. If not from our coworkers then from our boss when she dressed us down for it.

I would honestly like to stick with my first idea, (even with all it's faults) at least until something better is thought up.
>>
>>32641553
Perhaps I should actually ask my boss what's going, instead of always being afraid to ask. I am really getting tired of dealing with it now that I can actually share this and hear it out loud in my mouth.
Not sure how you would like it if you were the one to invent a reason for our coworkers hating us, Tour. It seems like the others and I are not inventive enough to come up with it.
>>
>>32641581 >>32641682

"I wish I knew why everyone hated me, but I can't come up with much of anything. I listen in to their conversations, but there's never a clear reason. All I know is that I hear they call me a strange, privy idiot who annoys everyone around her."
>"..."
>Ivory frowns, ears drooping.
"Please don't hit me. I'm just repeating the reasons they state in their conversations. They're right about being privy though."
>"...Can you just go up to them and... ask? Next time?"
"I can... perhaps I should actually ask my boss what's going on, instead of always being afraid to ask. I'm... really getting tired of dealing with it now that I can... now that I've actually shared this and heard myself saying it out loud..."
>Ivory nods at that, giving you another nuzzle.
>The train has stopped.
>Guess it's time to get out and go home.
>"Ngh, we've arrived... sorry, for ruining your mood with these questions."
>Don't see any ponies outside the window.

>What do?
>>
>>32641682
Probably will leave it a mystery, let you guys think about it, since most, if not all of Grace's character development comes from the players' input.
>>
>>32641747
I think that would be for the best.
>>
>>32641724
It's alright. Nuzzle and hold him closely.
>>
>>32641724
It's alright, I know it's just because you care.

Let out a slightly forced chuckle.

Heh, that was really cliché. Come on, I'm sick of trains if I don't see another one for the rest of the year it'll be too soon. We can fix the mood later, right now I just wanna go home and relax.

Gather up our stuff and start to disembark the train.
>>
>>32641761 >>32641773

>Holding him closely, you nuzzle him lovingly.
"It's alright, I know it's just because you care."
>"I 'am' your coltfriend, and your best friend, after all."
>Letting out a slightly forced chuckle, you say.
"Heh, that was really cliché."
>"It was cute."
"Come on, I'm sick of trains. Even if I don't see another one for the rest of the year, it'll be too soon."
>Picking up your things, you head out with Ivory, wing still draped over him.
>"Ha, doubt that you won't see one again soon, but if it helps, next time, we'll go on a cruise instead, eh?"
"Hehe, we'll see. Right now, I just wanna go home and relax."
>Heading out, you find Patches outside with his things, looking at the station outside through a window.

>What do?
>Head straight home?
>>
>>32641868
So... welcome to Manehatten, Patcches. Let me guess, you already been around here?
We should probably go your house, Ivory. We do need to explain to your parents about your 'condition' and Patches. Not sure if Patches wants to come out of the closet and tell them either.
>>
>>32641872

"So... welcome to Manehattan, Patches. Let me guess, you already been around here?"
>"Actually, no. I've never been to Manehattan before."
>"Colour me surprised... well... Grace? We going to your place?"
"We should probably go to your house instead, Ivory. We do need to explain to your parents about your 'condition' and Patches. Not sure if Patches wants to come out of the closet and tell them either."
>"Ha, if you guys think it'll be okay, I'll go along with it."
>"Eh... I don't think they're back yet... I can go home and check, but can we deal with that later? And I didn't think we were going to actually tell them about... Patches."
>Ivory says with a yawn.
"Yeah, but you probably wouldn't like lying to them constantly. And they're reasonable ponies, I'm sure it'll be okay."
>"...Can we deal with this tomorrow? It's the middle of the night already, I'm tired."

>What do?
>>
>>32641915
I know, I kinda forgot about the conversation about Patches being shown, but it's going to get a little strange when you constantly have to hug him or have Patches hug everyone else around him, because of his social 'needs'. I'm always in support in stallions hugging and cuddling, especially you two, but your parents might have some questions.
But yeah, let's deal with it tomorrow instead. Forgot how tired we were.
>>
>>32641872
Wait what? The reason Ivory is going to be living with us is because his parents weren't home for us to explain it to them.
>>
>>32641915
Yea sure, lets just go home.

>>32641934
What are you doing? This whole thing was kind of important. There was a huge discussion about it. We already went over that we wouldn't be telling anyone about Patches.
>>
>>32641950
My mistake then. Honestly, horrible memory on my part. I know there was a discussion, but not how big it was or if a decision was even made.
>>
>>32641934 >>32641950

"I know, I kinda forgot about the conversation about Patches being shown, but it's going to get a little strange when you constantly have to hug him or have Patches hug everyone else around him, because of his social 'needs'. I'm always in support in stallions hugging and cuddling, especially you two, but your parents might have some questions."
>"Ha ha, he doesn't really 'need' physical affection. He just really 'really' likes hugging and cuddling."
>Ivory narrows his eyes at the disguised changeling.
>"Ehehe, it's the best, I'm sure you understand."
>"Bleh, I like it too, kinda. But we don't 'have' to tell them. They won't really question that anyway, I think. My friends hugged me all the time."
>"Plus, It won't be a problem if they don't see anything weird happening!"
"But yeah, let's deal with it tomorrow instead. Forgot how tired we were."
>"...Of course you did. I seriously doubt they'll be back early, it never happens. Let's go then, we're the only ones left around here."
>Ivory glances around the empty station.
>"Lead the way, you two!"
>Holding Ivory close with a wing, the three of you head towards your home.

>"So, this is your place? It's comfy."
>Patches looks around your home, standing near the couch.
>Oof, you should've cleaned up the place before you left.
>Least you can say for sure that nopony else has been in here?
>"Just say it's small, it's really small. And unorganized, to put it nicely."
"Not everypony lives in a mansion. This is already pretty good."
>"Yeah yeah, Patches can just sleep wherever around here, I'm going to bed."
>Ivory wearily trots on ahead, into your room.

>What do?
>>
>>32641953
A decision was made. It was mostly done in character too, we talked to Ivory about this. He said he wanted to tell his parents first and we told him that it'd be for the best if we kept Patches secret. We even went over this with Patches as well.

Look I know people forget things, I understand that. But really this just makes Grace look silly. She has a better memory then this.
>>
>>32641968
Sorry, but I literally have no memory of it. I looked back it was just one person voting on what to do by themselves again. Kinda disappointing that revealing Patches to Ivory's parents is a big problem now.
>>
>>32641968
>We even went over this with Patches as well.
When? I keep looking through the archive, but I can't find that moment still.
>>
>>32641967
Trot after Ivory.

Welcome to my room, keep your eyes on what you can see of the floor or you'll trip over.

>>32641980
Was it really just one person? I swear there was more to it then that.
>>
>>32641967
Now, Patches, promise me you won't 'borrow' anything without permission. This is all property under the name known as 'Grace'.
>>32642000
https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/32268472/#32337557
Yeah, it was one of those moments in which it was a bad time for the cyoa again for players and there was no actual discussion about it. Unfortunate, but it happens when making decisions when players are sleeping/busy.
>>
>>32641980
>revealing Patches to Ivory's parents is a big problem now
Is it really that big of a problem?
>>
>>32642038
Not really. But that will need Grace to change her mind, which I suppose isn't too much of an issue. Especially since we still need to talk to Patches about it.
>>
>>32642000 >>32642020

"Now, Patches, promise me you won't 'borrow' anything without permission. This is all property under the name known as 'Grace'."
>"I'm hurt at your assumption that I would do something like this."
>Patches falls onto the couch dramatically.
"Pff, you've been warned!"
>You trot after Ivory, into your room.
"Welcome to my room!"
>Setting your stuff down, you say to the unicorn sprawled over your bed.
>Looks like he just collapsed onto it, heh.
>"Why is there junk all over the floor?"
>Ivory's questions, voice muffled by your bed.
>Moving ahead, you poke at his rump and say.
"Glad to see you didn't trip!"
>Rolling onto his back, hooves spread, he mutters.
>"I 'nearly' tripped. Come to bed already, I wanna cuddle."

>What do?
>>
>>32642102
If you're curious on why it's so dirty, I'm too lazy to clean after a hard, long day of work, and I don't have maids and butlers to help.
Go lay on our bed and cuddle the cuddle slut.
>>
>>32642102
Well, it's not normally this bad. But I was really in a rush when I was packing for the trip.

Climb onto the bed and position ourselves above Ivory, lay down on him and wrap our hooves around him.
>>
>>32642113 >>32642115

"It's not normally this bad, but I was really in a rush when I was packing for the trip."
>You climb onto the bed, positioning yourself above your coltfriend.
>"Let me guess, you packed at the very last minute?"
"Yup! And I'm too lazy to clean after a hard, long day of work, also, I don't have maids and butlers to help, so there's that."
>Lying down on Ivory, you wrap your hooves around him, cuddling the cuddleslut.
>Returning the gesture, he hugs you back, pushing himself, and you, up to the pillow.
>"Love you, Grace."
>He whispers, pressing his muzzle against yours in a deep kiss.

>What do?
>Sleep?
>>
>>32642173
Kiss Ivory back. Go to sleep, see what the morning holds in store for us.
>>
>>32642192
This.
>>
>>32642192 >>32642203

>Kissing Ivory back, you hold him close, feeling his hooves stroking the area between your wings.
>"Heh, good night."
>He mumbles once the kiss was broken.
"Night."
>Hugging him tightly, the two of you slowly drift to sleep.

>Slowly awakening, you let out a yawn.
"Ahhh...."
>It's morning already...
>Ivory is still asleep in your hooves.
>Guess he was really tired last night.
>You don't have work yet.
>Not for a few more days, at least.
>Is there anything you should be doing?
>Besides unpacking?

>What do?
>What's the plan for the day?
>>
>>32642271
Unpacking can wait, it's breakfast time. And as fun as it would be to have Ivory supply us breakfast, some actual food would be nice.
Get up off the bed, trying not to wake Ivory. Go to the fridge and check what we have left in there.
>>
>>32642271
Be a good wife and make food for Ivory to serve in bed.
>>
>>32642301 >>32642343

>Unpacking can wait, it's breakfast time!
>Heh, as fun as it would be to have Ivory 'supply' you breakfast, some actual food would be nice.
>You'll be a good wife (sometimes husband), and serve Ivory breakfast in bed!
>Trying not to wake Ivory, you carefully get up and off of the bed.
>Quietly sneaking out of the bedroom, you check the kitchen.
>...Patches appears to be asleep on the couch too.
>Let's see... the fridge has...
>Oof, there's not a lot of stuff in here.
>You were going to be gone for a while.
>...There should be enough for something simple.

>What do?
>Cook something? What?
>Buy something outside?
>Wake one of your newfound roommates up?
>>
>>32642431
Eggs. They've been in there a little while best use them before they go off or something. Now, sunny side up or scrambled?

Get the eggs out and try to make some sunny side up eggs.
>>
>>32642447
Hmm, I suggest we make egg in a hole. Can't let that bread go to waste either.
>>
>>32642447 >>32642451

>Eggs would be good enough.
>They've been in there for a little while, best use them before they go off or something.
>Question is... sunny side up or scrambled?
>Hmm.... might wanna use the bread too, there's only a few more slices left, but it'll be a waste if you ignored them and find all of it spoiled the next day.
>Maybe egg in a hole?
>Those are neat.
>Taking what you need out of the fridge, you start preparing breakfast for Ivory.
>...Should you cook something for Patches too?
>"Hey, morning."
>Speak of the pony.
"Morning."
>"I'm gonna use your shower, kay? Kay."
>He trots towards your room without waiting for a reply.

>What do?
>>
>>32642476
He's going to be annoyed when we making dirty again later. For now, it's the waiting game.

Finish cooking the eggs, put them in a sandwich and start eating.
>>
>>32642506
>He's going to be annoyed when we making dirty again later.
Don't think that was Ivory.
>>
>>32642476
Not my precious shower!
>>
>>32642506 >>32642515 >>32642538

"Not my precious shower!"
>"Pff, don't worry, I'll be nice to it."
>He waves a wing up in the air, trotting out of view.
>...Welp, you'll let him go then.
>Eh, you're already cooking, might as well cook something for the changeling too.
>Ha, might as well put them in a sandwich.
>Easy to make, and Ivory would like them.
>Yeah, you'll go with that.
>...
>The sound of running water reaches your ears.
>Hopefully, it wouldn't wake Ivory up.
>And...
>Done!
>Lifting up your sandwich, you start eating your breakfast.
>Mm... didn't realize how hungry you were.
>In a few short moments, you've completely consumed your sandwich.

>What do?
>Bring it to Ivory and/or Patches inside?
>Find some way to shoo Patches out of the house first?
>>
>>32642585
Let's just give some breakfast to Ivory, although I'm hesitant since he looked absolutely tired yesterday.
Don't kick Patches out when he's taking a shower now. That's horrible of us to even think about.
>>
>>32642603

>Definitely not kicking Patches out in the middle of a shower.
>Not sure if he has any plans for the day?
>Eh... you'll just take it to Ivory.
>Though he looked absolutely tired yesterday... maybe you should let him rest longer?
>Ah well, he can go back to sleep if he wants to.
>Trotting into your room, wings holding a plate of the sandwich you made, you see your coltfriend sleeping on the bed.
>Heh, cute, his hooves just twitched.

>What do?
>Poke your head into the shower to tell Patches you made breakfast for him?
>>
Think I'm gonna pause here, thanks for playing!
>>
>>32642644
Leave the plate nearby for him. Quickly go near the shower and tell Patches we made breakfast for him and that we left it on the dining table.
Afterwards, go and cuddle with Ivory until he finally wakes up from the smell of food.
>>
bump
>>
>>32643436
>>
>>32644033
>>
>>32642670

>Leaving the plate on the table nearby for Ivory, you quickly go near the shower.
>Giving the door a few knocks, you say.
"Patches, I made breakfast for you, it's on the dining table outside."
>"Ah, thanks! I'll be done in a minute!"
>You hear him saying through the door.
>...
>Well then, back to cuddling with Ivory!
>Until he wakes up, at least.
>He should wake up sooner or later from the smell of food.
>Crawling into bed behind Ivory, you gently wrap your hooves around him.
>Holding him closely, you drape your wings over him under the covers.
>A few moments pass, before the unicorn seems to move on his own.
>"Mm?"
>He presses back against you, hooves holding onto yours.

>What do?
>>
>>32645131
Hey, it's morning and I made something to eat. You should probably get up before it gets cold. I can carry you if you'd like, but you're not staying in bed.
>>
>>32645131
Morning, I made breakfast just a while ago.
>>
>>32645166 >>32645174

"Hey, it's morning. I made breakfast just a while ago."
>You point at the food you've set aside nearby.
>Yawning, the stallion mumbles.
>"Ngh... what time is it?"
>He rolls around to face you.
"No idea!"
>"Just another minute then..."
>The unicorn hugs you back.
>You hear the bathroom door swinging open.
>Looking over to the noise, you see Patches trotting pass and out of the room.
>That was fast.
"You should probably get up before it gets cold. I can carry you if you'd like, but you're not staying in bed."
>"Fine..."
>He mutters, not really moving.

>What do?
>>
>>32645281
Bring Ivory and the food to the dining table. Ask Patches how his first night went. Does he have any plans? Doubtful when we barely just arrived and he wasn't exactly ready to move in with us. Has he been around Manehatten?
>>
>>32645281
Move the sleepy Ivory onto our back and carry him over to the food, try and feed the egg sandwich to Ivory.
>>
>>32645346 >>32645355

>Pushing and crawling under the sleepy Ivory, you lift him onto your back.
>Carrying him outside, you bring Ivory and the food to the dining table outside.
>As you set Ivory and the food down, you ask Patches.
"So! Patches, how was your first night here?"
>"Was it horrible? Should we get another bed for you? Or a better couch?"
>Ivory asks with another yawn.
"..."
>"It was okay, I've slept in worse places."
"You have any plans?"
>"Nope!"
"Eh... guess you did just got here. Have you been around Manehattan?"
>"...Grace, didn't you ask this last night?"
>Ivory mutters, lifting the egg sandwich with his magic.
"...Oh yeah, I did."
>"I guess I could go around and check out the city later today."
>Patches shrugs.

>What do?
>>
>>32645552
Right, I'm sure the city is all you'd check out. Are you going to need a wingpony to help you out around the city and stuff?
Hey, Ivory? Are you feeling alright? You normally wake up way before me.
>>
>>32645617
This.
>>
>>32645617 >>32645644

"Riiight, I'm sure the city is all you'd check out. Are you going to need a wingpony to help you out around the city and stuff?"
>"If you're willing, that'll be nice. But I can go on my own, exploring on my own is always fun."
>He nods to himself, glancing out of the window.
>It's seems to be really early.
>Since the sun seems to have just started rising.
>Living so high up is a good feeling.
>Though there's not much of a view here.
"Hey, Ivory?"
>"Ngh?"
>He looks to you questioningly, chewing on his breakfast.
"Are you feeling alright? You normally wake up way before me."
>"Dude, we went to sleep in the middle of the night yesterday. My tiredness is justified! You... got any plans for the day?"
>Ivory yawns once more, as a glass of water... that was there for Celestia knows how long, floats towards him.

>What do?
>>
>>32645705
Give Patches a disapproving look.
I don't really have any plans besides giving Patches a tour of the city. I didn't really think this far ahead. Not like most want to do something after a vacation. Do you just want to sleep inside for the day?
>>
>>32645705
Well, we can either show Patches around. Or we could let Patches wander off on his own and go on a date. Or we could just stay inside all day and rest, make our own fun.

I'm leaning towards the latter.

>>32645718
Why are we looking at Patches that way?
>>
>>32645751
>Why are we looking at Patches that way?
I think he's floating the glass of water to drop on Ivory.
>>
>>32645764
Huh, I guess that's a possibility. I thought It was Ivory being lazy and just using magic to get water.
>>
>>32645777
I guess we could just check the color of magic being used to make sure we aren't framing Patches.
>>
>>32645705
Guessing you don't feel like going on a tour to show Patches the town, Ivory. Such a rude thing to do with our guest!
>>
>>32645718 >>32645751 >>32645764
>>32645777 >>32645797 >>32645840

>For a second there, you thought Patches was the one levitating the glass of water, but no, Ivory's the one levitating the thing.
"I don't really have any plans besides giving Patches a tour of the city. I didn't really think this far ahead. Not like most want to do something after a vacation."
>"Did you unpack yet?"
>Ivory takes a sip of the water, frowning slightly as he looks into the glass.
"Nope! Guessing you don't feel like going on a tour to show Patches the town, Ivory."
>"No, not really. I say we let him go explore on his own."
"Such a rude thing to do with our guest!"
>"Yeah huh, we can give him a tour later, when you're done unpacking."
>"Are there any interesting places in the city?"
>"Eh..."
"That can wait till later. Right now, after breakfast, we can either show Patches around, let him wander off on his own and go on a date together, or we can just stay inside all day and rest, make our own fun."
>"So you're leaving the choice to me?"
"Well, I'm leaning towards the latter."
>"Uh huh... resting sounds great. What sort of 'fun'? Hmm? Sounds to me, you just don't want to unpack."
>Ivory narrows his eyes.

>What do?
>>
>>32645961
What are you insinuating, Ivory? I'm just talking about games! Did you have something else in mind? Can't really do it, if you don't speak up.
In all seriousness, are you too tired for that? Sounds like you're barely holding on to consciousness.
>>
>>32645961
Of course it's not because I don't want to unpack. There are just better, more fun things to do. Plus, I don't really 'need' to unpack anyway. I know where all my stuff is in there, it's basically a portable cupboard that's soft enough that it doesn't hurt to bang your hooves on.

>>32645995
That is really golden coming from us.
>>
>>32645995 >>32646016

"Of course it's not because I don't want to unpack. There are just better, more fun things to do. Plus, I don't really 'need' to unpack anyway. I know where all my stuff is in there, it's basically a portable cupboard that's soft enough that it doesn't hurt to bang your hooves on."
>"Psh, you don't 'need' to, but you should. So... what sort of 'better, more fun things' are you talking about, hmm?"
"What are you insinuating, Ivory? I'm just talking about games! Did you have something else in mind? Can't really do it, if you don't speak up."
>"Ha, that's rich, coming from you. As if you would have your mind on something innocent."
"In all seriousness, are you too tired for that? Sounds like you're barely holding on to consciousness."
>"I'll be fine, just a bit tired. I'll just... wash my face and drink some coffee. Heh, thanks for caring though."
>He waves away your concern.
>"Mm, so you two are planning on 'resting' for most of the day?"
>"Gah, I forgot you were still here."
>"Pfft, seriously? Maybe you're more tired than you think you are. Anyway, I'll wash the dishes for ya, and head out afterwards. That plan alright with y'all?"

>What do?
>>
>>32646088
Ha, I knew I could get you to forget Patches wasn't there!
>>
>>32646088
Yea that's fine, take the keys with you in case you get back late or something.

Get up and check the cupboards, looking for any coffee we might have left.
>>
>>32646098
>wasn't
was
>>
>>32646098 >>32646119 >>32646126

"Ha, I knew I could get you to forget Patches was there!"
>You smirk at the unicorn.
>"Hmph..."
>He pouts cutely at you.
"And yeah, that's fine. Take the keys with you in case you get back late or something."
>You get up, checking the cupboards for any coffee you might have left.
>"Oh thanks, you sure?"
>Patches asks, collecting the plates.
"Yeah yeah, probably won' be going outside anyway. And I should have a spare somewhere around."
>Aha, just what you're looking for.
>Glancing back, you see Ivory getting up, trotting back into your room.
>Patches is in the kitchen.

>What do?
>>
>>32646200
Make a large cup of coffee for Ivory, and one for ourselves as well.

Want some grandpa? Hmm... You know, now that I think about it... You really should be a mare right now, shouldn't you? Heh, don't think I forgot about that. Nah, I'm just pulling your tail though.
>>
>>32646200
No! Anything but my plates. You can't take them away, Patches!
>>
>>32646247 >>32646273

>Preparing to make a large cup of coffee for both Ivory and yourself, you trot back into the kitchen.
>Upon entering the kitchen, you see Patches washing your plates at the sink.
"No! Anything but my plates. You can't take them away, Patches!"
>"It's too late, Grace. I've already drowned them."
"Heh, want some, grandpa? Hmm... You know, now that I think about it... You really should be a mare right now, shouldn't you?"
>"I was hoping you would've forgotten about that."
"Heh, not going to happen. But nah, I'm just pulling your tail. Want some coffee too?"
>"Since you're offering... But no, you don't have to. Wouldn't want to get in the way of you two relaxing."
>He smirks.

>What do?
>>
>>32646312
Hmm... Maybe another time then, Ivory might be trying too escape to dreamland. Feel free to make yourself one before you head out if want though.

Finish making th cups of coffee and carry them with our wings back to our room.
>>
>>32646312
His words, not mine! Such language he used in front of you!
>>
>>32646338 >>32646341

"His words, not mine! Such language he used in front of you!"
>"I'll say, he should be punished."
"Indeed. Hehe, maybe another time then, Ivory might be trying too escape to dreamland. But feel free to make yourself one before you head out if you want though."
>"I will keep that in mind, thanks."
>Finishing up with making the cups of coffee, you carrying them with your wings, turning and heading back to your room.
>As you head into your room, you see Ivory coming out of the bathroom.
>Trotting to the bed, Ivory climbs back up onto it.
>"Ahhh, so what do you want to do? I'm up for anything. Uh... is Patches still here?"

>What do?
>>
>>32646372
Hoof over one of the cups to Ivory.

Here, it's still hot so be careful. Patches might still be around, but he should be gone soon. He said he was going out after finishing with the dishes.
As for what I want to do... Well, you could probably use some punishment for your naughty implications. I mean really? How dare you slander my good name while corrupting Patches Innocent ears with your indecent words?

...Too much?

Well, I don't really have a plan really. More just a couple ideas. We can do pretty much anything,
I could show you the box of stallion photos if you'd like, or we could try out some of your spells we haven't gotten to yet.
If you have any suggestions I'm all ears.
>>
>>32646372
Patches is definitely still here. Pretty sure I would've seen him leave or hear the front door open and close if that were the case. It's only been a few minutes, after all, and I did just offer him coffee to drink here.
Nuzzle and hug him. Nothing inappropriate, but it doesn't mean we can't be affectionate. Serves as a love filling breakfast for Patches as a bonus.
>>
>>32646556 >>32646557

>Hoofing over one of the cups to Ivory, you say.
"Here, it's stil hot, so be careful."
>"Oh, thanks, Grace."
>Taking the cup with his magic, he leans in and nuzzles your wing that had the cup.
"Patches is probably around... scratch that, he's definitely still here. Pretty sure I would've seen him leave or hear the front door opening and closing if that were the case."
>"Mm..."
>Ivory nods, blowing at the cup.
>Moving next to him on the bed, you give the unicorn a nuzzle and a hug.
>"C-careful, we wouldn't want to spill anything on the bed now."
>He stammers, moving the cup away with his magic.
>"Then again... it wouldn't matter if we... uh... anyway, what do you want to do today?"
"Hehehe..."
>"I don't like that look."
"You, could probably use some punishment for your naughty implications. I mean, really? How dare you slander my good name while corrupting Patches Innocent ears with your indecent words?"
>"I... I uh... What... sort of punishment?"
"...Too much?"
>"Maybe?"
"Ehe, well, I don't really have a plan. Really. More just a couple of ideas. So we can do pretty much anything we want!"
>"A day like that sounds nice."
"I could show you the box of stallion photos if you'd like, or we could try out some of your spells we haven't gotten to yet. If you have any suggestions I'm all ears."
>"Heh, I just want to relax, but that's not much of a su.... Hold on... it's not just a small file? You have a whole box of... how inappropriate are those photos?"

>What do?
>>
>>32646605
Cuddling the day away is a valid option, but it looks like I'm not the only one who's forgetful today, we talked about this before. Yes it's a whole box, on the coffee table. Or what I call a coffee table anyway. Some of the pictures are pretty tame, but those are just ones I couldn't get better pictures of. The rest of the pictures are very lewd for one reason or another. You interested in taking a look?
>>
>>32646629
We took lewd pictures of our friend on purpose? I though we only took pictures where it can be misinterpreted that he's with a stallion?
>>
>>32646642
Uh, what? You might be thinking of something entirely different. We apparently have a box full of pictures of stallions. I imagine we've collected them from past hook ups, boyfriends, and maybe a little voyeurism.
>>
>>32646629 >>32646642 >>32646658

"Cuddling the day away is a valid option, but it looks like I'm not the only one who's forgetful today, we talked about this before."
>"We did? It must've slipped my mind."
"Yes, it's a while box, on the coffee table. Or what I call a coffee table anyway. Some of the pictures are pretty tame, but those are just the ones I couldn't get better pictures of. The rest of the pictures are very lewd for one reason or another. You interested in taking a look?"
>"Uh... kinda. I'm just curious, that's all."
"Heh, 'just curious', eh?"
>He looks to you with a pout.
>"...How did you even get your hooves on these things?"

>What do?
>>
>>32646665
Come on, don't look at me like that. It's not like I hid this from you. Well... Uh, how do I put this... Some of them are from old coltfriends and hook ups. I may have collected a few from stallions who didn't mind showing off. And the rest of them are from when I was a little sneaky about it.
Honestly I don't really remember where I got all of them, I just sort of accumulated them over the years.
>>
>>32646665
You know, I'm honestly really lucky all these pictures haven't been found. Can you imagine the huge scandal if all these photos were stolen from me.
>>
>>32646685 >>32646719

>Taking a sip of your coffee, you say.
"Come on, don't look at me like that. It's not like I hid this from you."
>Rolling his eyes, he takes another sip of his coffee, leaning against you.
>"I know, most ponies would find that weird, you know. So where are most of them from?"
"Well... Uh, how do I put this... Some of them are from old coltfriends and hook ups. I may have collected a few from stallions who didn't mind showing off. And the rest of them are from when I was a little sneaky about it."
>"Uh huh... so you're saying... you can get thrown in jail for most of these."
"Ehehe, honestly, I'm really lucky all these pictures haven't been found. Can you imagine the huge scandal if al these photos were stolen from me?"
>"Yeah, exactly why I'm concerned. And you said it's outside? Can't you at least... hide them well?"
"Hey, I'm hiding it in plain sight!"
>"You should at least get a safe, or something for them."
"That'll just draw the would-be robber to it!"
>"Eh..."
"Heh, I don't really remember where I got all of them, to be honest. I just sort of accumulated them over the years."
>"Pfft, let's go take a look then."
>As he gets up from the bed, you see Patches poking his head in.
>"Hey, I'm heading out now, have fun, you two!"

>What do?
>>
>>32646728
See you later Patches, have fun out there yourself and try not to get yourself in trouble.

Get up from the bed and start to go back to our living room. Take another sip of our coffee.
>>
>>32646743

"See you later, Patches. Have fun out there yourself, and try not to get into trouble."
>"What Grace said, be careful."
>"I will!"
>He smirks confidently, before turning and trotting out of view again.
>Getting up from the bed, you start trotting back to your living room.
>Wing lifting the cup of coffee to your lips, you take another sip as you trot outside.
>As you enter the living room, you see Patches leaving through the front door.
>"So... is this what you were talking about?"
>You hear Ivory asking, hoof prodding at a box on the coffee table.

>What do?
>>
>>32646777
Drink the last of our coffee and set our cup down on the coffee table.

Yep that's exactly it, crack it open and lets take a look inside.
>>
>>32646816

>Drinking the last of your coffee, you trot over to him and set the cup down on the coffee table.
"Yep, that's exactly it. Crack it open and let's take a look inside."
>"Right."
>Ivory tentatively opens the box, revealing its contents to the two of you.
>"That's... a lot of photos."
>He states the obvious, staring into the box.
>"Wew, 'all' of them features stallions? I'm in it, aren't I? Wait a second... this is... At least it's normal, and cute."
>He picks up a photo featuring one of his friends, that you took without him knowing.
>"Sheesh, you could've at least organized them better."
>Ivory looks through more of the photos with his magic.
"Hehe, does somepony likes what they see?"
>You lean over, peering into he box beside him.
>"Gah, I was just curious, okay?"
>Ivory objects with a pout.

>What do?
>>
>>32646905
If this was organized neatly you'd say it was weird that it's the only thing I kept in proper order.
Well, yea. You're in here somewhere. You didn't exactly make it difficult.
It's good to be curios, I'll admit I'm really enjoying showing you these. Now don't make that face again or I'm going to have to kiss you.
>>
>>32646940
>You're in here somewhere. You didn't exactly make it difficult.
You mean the photos with misunderstands with other stallions, right?
>>
>>32646905
You know, Ivory. Looking back at all these photos I've taken and kept for all this time, I'm starting to think it's a bit creepy...
>>
>>32646963
I'd rather us not say this, it's just going to sour the mood.
>>
>>32646953
Well, those. But there are probably other pictures as well.
>>
>>32646981
You're right. About we say some may call us creepy for it, but we know that's not true. Just nothing to guild ourselves.
>>
>>32646990
Of course, Ivory will reprimand us and tell us why it is creepy. He knows when to get through us if something is really needed.
>>
>>32646990
That wouldn't really make it all that better to say. (Assuming I understood that correctly.)
I don't really see the reason to suddenly mention others might find it creepy out of the blue. Grace doesn't have a reason to do that.

>>32647032
What are you trying to do? Direct Ivory?
>>
>>32646990
>>32647032
That would still sour the mood.
>>
>>32646940 >>32646963 >>32646981

"It's good to be curios, I'll admit, I'm really enjoying showing you these. Now don't make that face again or I'm going to have to kiss you."
>"Oh? Maybe I should make this face more often."
>He smiles coyly at you.
"Heh, you are in there somewhere, yes. You didn't exactly make it difficult for me to get more photos."
>"Gosh, let's see if I can find one... in this gigantic mess."
>He ruffles through the photos in the box.
"If this was organized neatly you'd say it was weird that it's the only thing I kept in proper order."
>"True, I would, but that just means you should clean up and organize your home for once."
"Not happening anytime soon!"
>"Hmph. Oof, here's one of me.... sleeping... while... I didn't know this happened."
>He holds up a photo of him being spooned by another stallion.
>It was a school hiking trip thing, if memory serves.
>You remember cooking something neat there.
>And a few friends made literal poison out in an attempt to make curry.
>Fun times.
"Oh wow, that one's from years ago!"
>"I hope you're aware of how unsettling most ponies would find some of these to be. I mean, the lewd stuff would probably weird ponies out less than this."
"You don't seem weirded out by it."
>"That's because I'm used to it. I can't believe I'm actually desensitized to this sort of stuff. Ooo, what is this? It's just white."
"I... don't know, I don't remember taking that photo."
>"Again, organize, do I have to do it for you? Hey, I remember this, why is this in here?"
>He holds up a photo of him and his friends in front a campfire.
>You're also in this one.
"Ehehe, maybe I 'should' have organized it better. I just threw them in boxes, you know."
>"What, you have a box full of food photos, a box full of memorable photos, and whatnot? One would think somepony like you would take better care of your photos."
>Ivory mutters, staring intently at one of the more... risqué photos.

>What do/say?
>>
Paused for the night, thanks for being here.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.