[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/mlp/ - Pony

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 10 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: Royal OP 6.png (857 KB, 1500x1590)
857 KB
857 KB PNG
Last thread >>32520962
Archive
https://www.anonpone.com/royal/

New player or need a catch-up?
https://pastebin.com/JLEcYFE3
Notable characters:
https://pastebin.com/CwdwvjGj
Trades and kingdom resources:
https://pastebin.com/z8Au98tS
Continuing from >>32588042...

>You're in the teachers lounge of the school, currently shaking hooves with each of the teachers
>First is the pony who first greeted you, Mahogany Shine, the ecology and farming teacher
>The old elk with the silver antler jewelry and coat is Longious, a history teacher familiar with both Stellar and elk tribe history
>The griffon in the sweater-vest is Barnaby Wing, who switches between the subjects of math and culture
>Finally, the unicorn mare is Lilly Rise, who teaches magic and magical history
>The teachers for literature, science, and defense are currently in class
>After they talk among themselves for a moment, they invite you to sit in one of the classes as a preferred action but won't object to anything else you'd like to do
>What would you like to do?

>Sit in a class (choose topic or age group of youth, adolescent, or adult study)
>Have a full tour of the school with a guide
>Call an assembly
>Ask more questions
>Other
>>
>>32614837
Can you tell me what each class is doing right now? I'd like to sit in on a couple of them but I want to know what I'd be going into.
>>
[Intermission post]
>You ask a bit more about which classes are doing what
>Classroom 1 is in the science period, currently being taught about the basics of chemistry, primarily with common materials
>Classroom 2 is in the literature period, reading a classic together, The Breezy In The Storm, learning about themes and symbolism in writing
>Classroom 3, the older class, is currently undergoing defensive maneuver study and training, the basics of close quarter combat to prepare them for any physical trouble they may encounter in life
>The philosophy and adult learning group is currently reviewing the conundrums of a minor elk house, of a practice unique to them that required self harm
>The yard behind the school is empty, as outdoor activities aren't until later in the day, the schoolyard is large and the pavement between the school building and the yard doubles as an auditorium in good weather
>>
>>32615019
Go to classroom 3, we could use a touch up on our combat knowledge. Maybe with the help of our guards we can give them a little practical demonstration.
>>
>>32615019
Just got here. I'm voting for the philosophy class.
>>
>>32615019
The self harm thing is news to us and I'm kinda curious, but I also think class 2 could be interesting.
>>
>>32615033
>>32615019
We won't be participating physically, will we?
>>
>>32615036
I mean, not if we don't want to? I think to do so would be a good way to earn the respect of some of our younger generation, having more citizens that respect us is always a good goal to have.
>>
>>32615044
wouldn't that hurt the foal if we're not careful?
>>
>>32615049
Only if someone deliberately was aiming for our belly and hit us as hard as they possibly could. We wouldn't be using real weapons of course, either some sticks or we'd have a spell cast on the weapons. Getting some exercise would actually be good for the foal, as a healthy body is good for a healthy foal.
>>
>>32615061
Exercise such as cardio, yoga and light weight lifitng is good. If we spare then then it'll only be with enchanted weapons with the contact force of a foal with a feathered pillow. No martial arts or grappling. Seems reasonable.
>>
>>32615072
That's fine, I wouldn't have suggest either martial arts or grappling anyway, we're not really suited for either in the first place.
>>
>>32615019
Go and try to find some big mares.
>>
>>32615501
The marelets will rise again!
>>
>>32615019
Can we get a magic teacher to take a look at the gem and book?
>>
Pickles
>>
Can Ms Rise give us some tips on how to use the catalyst we have (Sombra) or help Fringe with his prosthetic?
>>
>You're tempted to sit in the magic class or chat with Lilly about magic for a bit, but it seems her class isn't until next period
>You decide to visit the defense class
>You enter quietly, the tables within the large room pushed to the walls as a crowd of students watch an exhibition in the center
>There's also bundles of equipment on the teachers desk too, some staffs, masks, wooden swords, ropes...
>An earth pony is grappling a unicorn wearing a power-sapping ring on his horn
"You won't always be able to rely on your magic, and you might run into a foe who isn't intimated or stopped by it. Show me what you can do when you get grabbed!"
>The instructor certainly speaks with gusto
>The unicorn hooks his hind leg with the instructors, and in a twisting movement, reverses the power and position of the grapple onto the instructor (You don't have much experience but it appears the instructor is letting him)
>The other students give a mild clap, and they release each other
"Very good, now that we're done with that, let's welcome our guest."
>As he bows in your direction, the other students turn, and after a moment of surprise bow in turn
>As much as you'd like to participate, you take a sitting position, deciding to take it easier today
>The instructor, Jam Def, introduces himself and asks you what you'd like to see a lesson on
>What would you like to request?

>Swords
>Bucking
>Front hooves
>Claws
>Staffs
>Anti-magic
>Anti-air
>Bound combat
>Other
>>
>>32619879
Anti magic.
>>
>>32619879
>Anti-magic
>>
This is a very productive use of our time. Nice.
>>
>>32619942
Uh, What?
>>
>>32619959
We are using our time here in this town to learn some practical skills which I approve of.
>>
>>32619967
Oh, I though you were being sarcastic.
>>
>You request a demonstration of anti-magic techniques
>He agrees, and heads back to the center, beckoning another unicorn to demonstrate
"Alright, now we're going to review what we've learned about fighting against magic, let's begin with a little telekinesis around my hoof."
>The student lifts his head, horn glowing in a green aura, as the instructors hoof is lifted in mid air into a stiff pose as if he were doing a low wave
"Most of you know what it feels like to have a average magical grasp on a part of you, like the air around you is compressing 'till it feels like you have a Minotaur grabbing you, but it's all about the focus of the caster most of the time. Observe!"
>The instructor begins to make crude comments about the volunteers face, parents, and magical talent
>The student looks uncomfortable, but the cruel comments are effective, the the magical grasp weakens and the instructor yanks his hoof away, dispersing the magical aura
"Now, as a professional, I did not mean a word of what I just said, but by disrupting the caster's focus most amateur unicorns will have their magic weaken. This won't work on everypony though, so let's begin method two."
>The student unicorn comes back to a calm casting, and the pose is resumed
"For a hoof grasp like what the spell is doing, it feels like a glass jar your hoof got stuck in too perfectly frozen in midair, sucking you into a place that won't let you go or move with you. Tugging your hoof back only makes it worse and drains your energy the more frustrated you get, but there's another way to move most ponies don't think of in the heat of battle. What do we go in a magic grip?"
>The students answer all at once
"Waggle it!"
>Wait, what?
[cont]
>>
>>32620247
>The instructor gives a short laugh
"Yep! If you got pressure coming from every direction, you gotta break it out in countering it with your own movement, no matter how small it may start!"
>He begins to move his front leg around, though his hoof remains stationary... at first
>He begins to jostle his lower leg with short, fast bursts of movement in every direction, nearly vibrating
>The student begins to focus more, and his momentum slows a bit
"Ah, I see you've been learning from the last time you did this, a good effort, but not enough to top this pony!"
>His movement becomes more erratic and swift around the grip, until finally the magic around his hoof begins to vibrate too as it tries to keep up, momentarily dissipating after another five seconds as his hoof breaks though it multiple times, looking like a blur
>With how he's moving, it looks like it would take a high mastery of the body to move the way he is against an expecting opponent, but at least you're familiar with the technique now
>The bell rings though the halls, announcing the end of the teaching period
>The students begin to put the desks back as the teacher packs the tools to leave

>What would you like to do? It's now three hours until noon

>Stay in this classroom (Math class next)
>Go to another teacher (Agriculture in classroom 1, magic in classroom 2, rest in teachers lounge)
>Take tour
>Leave (Select any destination listed previously in Riverbend)
>Other
>>
>>32620285
>Go to another teacher
>magic in classroom 2
Gonna have them look at the magic book we got to make sure it's not booby trapped and get their opinions on the Ursa Gem.
>>
>>32620285
Go to classroom 2. Time to help Frindge (That's definitely not spelled right.) with his magic.
>>
>>32620285
can we do both suggestions?
>>
>>32620495
>>
>>32621134
>>
>>32621808
>>
>>32622291
>>
>>32623364
>>
>>32623863
>>
>>32620285
Lick the Usra Gem. Taste the cosmic flavored gem.
>>
>>32624919
Not right now?
>>
>You quietly leave the room and some students bow to you as you step away, leaving the older students to organize and relax before the next teacher comes in, and you go into the second classroom
>As you step in, the young fillies, foals, griffons, and otherwise are chatting about as they see you come in, their focus suddenly shifting towards you as they momentarily swarm you to get your attention and admiration, though there are too many at once to focus!
>A loud thunk of wood is heard
"Hey! Hey! I know you're all excited, but let's impress the queen by our politeness, rather than our loudness!"
>The teachers command brings all the students to a quiet murmur as they head back to their seats, a few giving a disappointed but cute groan
"Excellent! Now that we can start class, we'll be going over the lesson for today but there will be time after to socialize with the queen."
>Seems like Lilac's already anticipated unexpected visitors in her lesson style and won't let it deter her
>She takes out some objects and various fruits, and goes over a lesson in transmogrification
>It's basic things about the spell you already know, like how to turn an apple into an orange, or a small solid block into powder, and how to spot temporarily transformed objects
>After a few demonstrations and questions, Lilac gives you a silent look that let's you know now is the time to bring up if you want to do anything

>Lesson about magical objects
>...Show and tell?
>Lesson about a certain spell type
>Ask questions of the teacher
>Socialize with the children
>Other
>>
>>32625160
>...Show and tell?
>>
>>32625160
>Show and tell
>Socialize with the children.
I'm not suggesting we do both, I'm suggesting we socialize with them by doing show and tell.

Take out our great big bag of stuff and treasures. Pull out our cooler looking things and knickn knacks. The Ursa gem, the gems from the chest under the sea, the mystery scary book. Start weaving a tale of how we got each item, How we dove deep under the waves and hauled up a treasure chest from the ocean floor, how we met a wildstallion ranger and fought with him against at massive raging Ursa major with our valiant guards at our side. How we explored a long forgotten old house, completely overgrown with vegetation wood rotting and nearly pitch black, going up the stairs we found what was left of the old owner, nearly as rotten as the wood of the house, we grabbed the mysterious book and quickly left, narrowly escaping a similar fate.
>>
>>32625160
>Ask questions of the teacher
How did she become a teacher? Why did she become one?
>>
>>
>You decide to win over the youngsters with tales of your journey so far and show off your cool stuff
>You head to the front of the classroom next to Lilly Rise, and introduce yourself in a queenly fashion
>You begin the retelling, starting with Ragahoof and the book in the abandoned mill-house
>You leave out the gruesome details though, simply saying you solved some of the mystery of the house, and take out Agrippa
>You attempt to open it, but the protective clasp wont budge!
>The teacher inspects it, and explains to the class it has an enchantment on it, it won't open unless a certain condition is met; what condition is unknown but the enchantment itself is neutral
>You move on to the tales of the sea, what it was like and about the seafort everypony is working so hard to complete to keep the shores safe
>As you take out the seashells, they're also entranced by the beauty
>The story continues and you describe Cinder Elklight and his quest to regain his honor and magic
>Most of the class is just smiling and listening, but the three elks in the class are leaning forward in their chairs, paying close attention
>You finish with tales of the huntspony to the east, and show the massive Ursa major gem as you describe the fight
>The class is amazed at seeing it, but the story is over... for now
>You bow as you wrap it up
>It doesn't seem the teacher knows anymore about the Ursa major though...
>The bell chimes though the halls again

>What would you like to do? It's now two hours until you'll need to go to the town square, and you had other places you wanted to go to...

>Stay in classroom
>Go to another class / teacher
>Leave for another area in Riverbend previously mentioned
>Other
>>
>>32626980
Being in the school is so much fun, but unfortunately we do have to go. Now, what were those places we had to go to? I only remember the magic store and the gem shop. There were a few others that were go to. Oh well, we'll figure that out later. Gather up our stuff and head off back to the magic shop.
>>
>>32626980
>The philosophy and adult learning group is currently reviewing the conundrums of a minor elk house, of a practice unique to them that required self harm
>>
>>
>>32626980
Does the teach know how to remove the enchantment?
Can we talk to the elk that were interested in how we helped some elk regain their magic?
>>
>>32627467
>>
>>32629565
>>
>While this was a fun experience, you have other places you want to go before the festivities begin
>Before you leave, you ask Lilac more about the books enchantment and if it can be removed as she's packing up
"Ah, enchantments like that can be really varied, most of the time the only way to remove them is when they activate, either it'll expire on it's own or it'll be open and easier to remove without causing damage, you can't force your way past them without something bad happening as a result. Most unicorns don't bother with these kind of spells though, so they aren't encountered often outside of puzzle boxes and things like that."
>You thank her for the hospitality and say your goodbyes, and leave
>After trotting along the stone roads a bit, you find yourself back at the magic shop
>It looks like the stock has changed, the ruby amulet, tome, and horn ring are gone, and in it's place are new items
>They still have the robe, rod, and earrings from yesterday
>At the counter is an older unicorn, with a scraggly grey beard going in three directions and a wild mane

>Talk to Shopkeep
>Ask for appraisal (Choose priority item, a magical appraisal can take a while!)
>Request enchantment
>Other

>Purchase item (Pick one):

>Shiny rod
>An object of white and tinted metals in the shape of a casting rod, functional qualities and qualification unknown

>Sapphire earnings
>A pair of sapphires wrapped in silver, good for an enchantment

>Fancy dark robe
>A black silk robe, comfortable to cast spells in

>Rune rope
>Rope twisted together with rune and gem dust, can conduct magic

>Deluxe vial set
>Fresh, clean series of vials, perfect gift for an alchemist or wizard

>Seashell ocarina
>Shiny, pink, and sounds great... if you have claws

>Puzzle box
>A wood puzzle box, unsolved and it feels heavier than it looks

>Take time to browse more items
>>
>>32630761
Puzzle box, chat with the stallion and see what he thinks about the gem and book
>>
>>32630761
Hmm... We don't really have anything to enchant. Well, except for our sword that is. That might be worth looking into.
If we are to purchase an item, I think the sapphire earnings would be good if we want more enchanted stuff. Look into getting an enchantment on them if we do buy them.

Put both the book and the Ursa gem in front of the shop keeper, if we need an appraisal and can only get one the book take priority. Mostly for the reason that it is possible dangerous.
While that is happening take out time to browse the store more before buying anything as we might spot something that catches our eye.
>>
>>32630761
>Puzzle box
>>
>>32630761
>Take time to browse more items
>>
>>
>>32632368
>>
>>32632805
>>
>>32633208
>>
>>32633898
>>
>You pick up the puzzle box and inspect it
>The puzzle itself appears to be 24 sliding blocks of different shades of wood on the top of the box, perhaps to come together in a coherent pattern but you can't tell, it's quite mixed up
>Even if there's nothing noteworthy inside, it'll be fun to try to solve it on the road trip, and it looks quite nice too, the box itself a polished mahogany wood and the puzzle squares with about six or seven different types of wood carvings inserted, smooth with a beautiful grain
>You go to the shopkeep and buy it, he let's you know there's a refreshing protection enchantment to prevent cheating unless the puzzle is solved but you don't mind
>Seems even he can't tell what's inside... At least it's a reasonable price due to that
>What would you like to do next? It's about 10:40 in the morning...

>Talk to Shopkeep (Select topic)
>Ask about an item you bought yesterday
>Ask about his daughter
>Inspect/appraise one item (He'll want to talk to you about the item as he peruses it)
>Ask about his daughter
>Browse more items (Will have time to make another purchase before hour is up)
>Other
>>
>>32634693
Well those two got what they wanted.
>Browse more items
>>
>>32634693
I want to talk shop about enchanting with him. Can an enchantment on an item like the Major gem be easily dispelled? Is it permanent? Would removing it affect the gem negatively? I would also like for him to take a look at the book we have
>>
Giant super power catalyst is a now
>>
>You browse through more items, it takes a while but you find some interesting stuff among the cluttered shelves and slightly dusty boxes

>Shiny feather helm
>A helmet of shiny steel, has metal feather decorations like a horned owl, has runic incantations carved on the inside of the metal, but has a plush padding around the head and neck area (No horn hole)

>Discount box of scrolls
>A box of scrolls that are on sale in bulk, mainly one time use spells and a few other things thrown in [10 scrolls, effect or text decided by roll sheet]

>Light lantern
>A magical lantern powered by a single magic rune with a small crystal orb within a spotty bronze frame, secondhand ownership, a good deal considering how expensive they are [this was hanging as a light source, makes sense most wouldn't think this was for sale]

>Dragon charm
>A small metal dragon wrapped around an emerald on a fine metal chain, blessed rather than enchanted by the former owner

>You ask the shop keep about if an enchantment can be removed
>Apparently it varies between the object and strength of both the original caster and remover; the longer a strong enchantment is on, it 'dyes' the item to it's magical harmony more thoroughly, and the better a material can channel magic the harder it is to completely remove it, sometimes it can be just as hard as removing a curse from an item, and in some circumstances the item is destroyed in the process
>You take out the book Agrippa and ask him to inspect it
>He takes the book and begins the process as you watch...
[cont]
>>
>>32635054
>Some time passes as he tries many things, passing the book through many spells and tests, trying to open it, or at least trying to figure out what 'condition' it requires
"My goodness, this one just doesn't give it's secrets so easily! Whomever did the protection charm knew what they were doing, all I could keen from the spell work is 'dusk' and something else I can't put my hoof on... I don't think 'dusk' refers to the condition specifically, rather what the book contains. Where did you say you found this?"
>You tell him about the mill-house with the fungi
"Oh, what a dirty sounding place, but the fact the book is so old yet in such good condition is a good sign. The protection charm clearly worked if no spores were able to root in such a place."
>The shop keep looks at the book, back to you, and back to the book
"I'll buy this, even if it's just to hold onto until I can find a better spell-caster or figure out the condition, my curiosity is certainly piqued by this book and it'd be a fine addition to my library."

>Sell Agrippa? [+ 0.1 talent]
>Keep book

>It is now 11:20 am, you may not have enough time to have him inspect the gem as you'll need to leave soon...

>Chat with shop keeper
>Buy item
>Enchant
>Leave early
>Other
>>
>>32635130
You're not the only one who is curios about it. I think I'll hang onto it for now.

I say we buy the sapphire earnings and get them enchanted.
>>
>>32635130
>keep book
This is a mystery I want to solve.

>Dragon charm
These will be fun. If anything this can be a gift to Camelia.

Ask him if he can take a look at our dragon she'll earings to see if they have any special properties.

>>32635210
Don't we already have earings? Can they even occupy the same space?
>>
>>32635282
We do, but this is the first chance we've had to get any specific enchantment we want. All our enchanted stuff we've gotten so far has come enchanted already.

Also, I'm not sure if he'll be able to tell us anything about the dragon shell earings. I guess it is worth asking just in case, though if we don't have time for him to inspect the gem I'm not sure he'll have time to inspect the earings.
>>
>>32635282
You can have him do a quick inspection, but in such a short time you'd be better off just asking him about the passive properties of dragon shell, the dragon shell earrings aren't enchanted nor blessed. While you can get more ear piercings they'd be for cosmetic effect only or you'd risk enchantment entanglement and blow-back at a high rate on such a small body part.

>>32635210
You'll need to specify enchantment if this gets priority vote
>>
>>32635339
The Ursa Gem and dragon shells are two separate things of different rarity. I get the impression the Gem is rarer so we might have better luck with the shells. If they are equally as difficult to appraise then we should get something else that fills a slot besides earrings since the shells vaguely do something we are unaware of. Some Bracelets could work.

>>32635461
A shielding or reflex enchantment would be desirable. Better to dodge then engage someone.
>>
>>32635461
>While you can get more ear piercings they'd be for cosmetic effect only or you'd risk enchantment entanglement
How could that happen if the dragon shell earings have no enchantment?

What is priority vote? There are two votes that are at a draw right now.
I guess either a earing enchantment since that suits the location they'd be in or some sort of protection enchantment like >>32635511 proposed.

>>32635511
I guess I was being presumptuous, the gem would very likely be much harder to inspect. Bracelets weren't the things that we saw in stock, we'd have to have another look though his stock or something.
>>
>>32635461
They're not enchanted? Cool. let's ask them about their properties.

>'My dear queen, I'm happy you entrusted the remaining dragon egg shell to me, for it is quite difficult to acquire normally. Most of it has been turned into a powder, which I can use in many ancient recipes, but I did save part of the shell, which has now been encased in silver, into the form of earrings for you. Enjoy the tour, and come by my study chamber anytime.

>Always in your service, Whimsy Blast'

>Under the note are a pair of earrings, a pearl of silver with a little hinge, from which hangs down each a shard of the egg, in a tight silver frame

We can probably enchant them, but I want to get them enchanted by Whimsy.
>>
>>32635548
The dragon egg earrings have a purely natural effect, so they'd actually be the rare exception to that rule, sorry about the poor wording, I was focusing on squashing future attempts to min-max.
>>
>>32635596
Well, okay? I still don't get how they would cause a reaction like that. So I suppose it's best we find out more about them and have them by having them inspected.
For future reference how far do these enchantments have to be apart? Because pony ears are quite large and if they are too small then that does leave me wanting to know what would be safe.
>>
>>32635596
https://pastebin.com/JLEcYFE3
can the dock piercings have the description and the stat mods?

>>32635548
>Bracelets weren't the things that we saw in stock, we'd have to have another look though his stock or something.
Then I would we suggest we pick one of something that is already present so we can still get that info on the shell earrings. Alternatively we can get something we already own enchanted. Maybe the dress, the sword or the black shoes.

>>32635652
To keep from power playing right? Because if we could have multiple enchanted earrings then so can other, potentially future hostile NPC's.
>>
>>32635668
No I'm saying I don't understand how a natural thing is messing with magic so severely that it could explode. There would have to be an actual in universe reason.
If there isn't and the only reason we can't wear them with another enchanted thing is a meta one... Well, that would irritate me. Mostly because I find things happening in universe because of a meta reason annoying.

If we are to get something enchanted we already own then it should be our sword.
>>
>>32635710
but what kind of enchanting?
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/
>>
>>32635728
I was thinking something flashy but still useful, as we'd probably(Hopefully) use it more for show then actual life or death situations. Maybe a lightning or fire enchantment of some sort.
>>
>>32635748
Maybe?

>>32635596
Can the Swords scabbard be enchanted to keep the blade keen, or maybe with a dancing sword enchantment to to sword can attack on its own? Like a telekinesis at will?
>>
>>32635783
You know, I've seen that a few times. I don't get what the tread of having a scabbard sharpen is about. It's not that hard to keep a blade in working order, you just need to show it some lover every once in a while and it'll be golden.
>>
>You politely decline the offer, though you take the time to shake hoofs and introduce yourself
>He introduces himself as Rich Memory
>You take off your dragon eggshell earrings and ask he knows much about their properties; you inform him they are not enchanted
>He explains that as dragons aren't very common, so he's no expert, but the shell of a dragon you've hatched is said to enhance your emotional range and motherly perception
>You put the earrings back on and ask form more information about how multiple enchantments work with each other
>He goes into more detail with each kind of effect
>For an enchantment of something you wear as an accessory, the enchantment is a specific spell and has a strong magical frequency, when you put it on a part of your body it harmonizes with the natural magic that flows within that body part
>While you can wear multiple enchanted items, wearing them to close together or in too concentrated of an area (such as less than five inches apart on the ear, or two bracelets on the same leg), the frequencies run into each other, like two opera singers trying to outperform each other at once
>Sometimes it becomes a muddles mess of frequencies, sometimes they just cancel each other out, other times it can be like turning that body part into a wine glass between two singers fighting for the highest pitch
>Enchanted clothing is harder to create but it's more spread out over a larger surface, so little danger there unless you try to wear two outfits at once
>Charms and curses are more object focused and self-contained, and won't provide any positive perks in being worn nor interact with other objects or frequencies
>Blessings are more vague and weaker, but due to this can harmonize far better, like backup singers in a choir, though you won't want to over do those either
>Items with natural qualities will harmonize with enchantments and blessings with no negative qualities, sometimes even improving them, but cannot be enchanted themselves
[cont]
>>
>>32635800
Man, I really made a mess of that.

You know, I've seen that a few times. I don't get what the tread of having a scabbard sharpen a blade is about. It's not that hard to keep a blade in working order, you just need to show it some love every once in a while and it'll be golden.
>>
>>32635810
maybe it like a magic coating to make the weapon sharper or some junk.
>>
>>32635801
>You ask him more about the kinds of enchantments he can do, and he gives a more detailed list

>Fire resistance [+20 to rolls for defensive maneuvers and resistance against fire attacks or environment]
>Water affinity [+10 to rolls regarding water weapons, spells, or purification]
>Glow in the dark [choose glow color]
>Eternal spring scent [+/- 10 to scent checks, noticeable by anypony within 15 hooves]
>Power spell affinity [+ power to spells cast by user]
>Dark magic repelling [30-60% chance to repel dark magic, varies with strength of spell]
>Alluring [+10 bonus to attention and seduction rolls]
>Sparkling [Shines in light and movement, bonuses to performance and heroics, not great for stealth]
>Warded glow [can glow in presence of type of being; need small part of said being]
>Electric charm [Item gains slight electric properties]
>Blooming charm [spurs slight plant growth at varying levels upon touching flora or soil]
>Healing charm [promotes slight physical regeneration upon any flesh the item comes in contact with]
>Omen charm [Promotes meaningful visions and dreams with item use]

>Choose an item you want to buy and enhance, or choose on of your own items
>You'll need to leave for the Town square after this, it's nearly going to be noon by the time you arrive...
>>
>>32635858
Can we get two items enchanted if we ask the daughter to help?

Family Rose pendant with the Omen.
>>
>>32635858
I do like the sparkling enchantment, it would be good for us. We haven't really need stealth so far, and I don't really see us doing it in the long run.

Have our blade enchanted with Sparkling.
>enhance your emotional range and motherly perception
Does that make the dragon shell earings completely useless? Since we're having our dragon raised by others (At least for now.) And we can pretty much choose our emotions. Maybe we should gift them to however is looking after the dragon, sort of like a mark of office or something.

>>32635898
Is she here? I kind of don't like the idea of visions in general. They tend to be more a hindrance then helpful.
>>
>>32635910
Whoever*

I really need to check these more thoroughly.
>>
>>32635898
The Rosen pendant already has a blessing, from the capital fountain statue.

Family Rose pendant (+5 any rolls involving bloodline)

To continue the rhetorical comparison, a singer is already in that spot, another cannot stand there at the same time.
>>
>>32635858
The only thing I can think of that would be good to enchant is the sword, but there aren't really many good options here. Don't forget the the mage's guild can probably do enchantments to.
>>
>>32635910
These are our dragon earrings from our dragon baby. We are totally keeping these. They might even help with raising the kids.

You make a good point. She might be at school, though it can't hurt to ask. it would be safer to get her to do an enchantment with the least possible backlash like the glow in the dark or the blooming. Maybe sparking.

>>32635933
Sorry. I forgot the pendant was already enchanted.
>Charms and curses are more object focused and self-contained, and won't provide any positive perks in being worn nor interact with other objects or frequencies
Would charming the black shoes with the Healing Charm be viable? Would it have to be the single shoe so not to interfere with the other ones?
>>
>>32635945
Good point. Maybe instead of enchanting one of our things, we should offer one of our guards an enhancement of their own choice.

>>32635933
Can we do that?
>>
>>32635951
Yes they might help with raising kids. But we've got a while before that comes into play. I don't mean giving them away permanently, more awarding them to whoever is looking after the dragon, it might make it easier for them to do it if they have them.
>>
>>32635957
Oh, that's an idea.
>>
>>32635951
>>32635957
First, you're making alot of assumptions in thinking the filly is a better caster that her father, who can do more types of enchantments that she can. Secondly, yes, you can put the healing charm on the shoes, anything worn in a set like shoes, bands, or earrings would be all enchanted together at once. Heck, healing shoes is a great idea and I'm all for it, but the update will have to wait until tomorrow. For the pendant, and anything else, you can't have it blessed and enchanted at the same time, one effect per item only. Goodnight!
>>
>>32635969
>I don't mean giving them away permanently, more awarding them
And than talking it back when we feel like it.
>>
>>32635975
I never said or held any assuption that the filly was greater at enchanting than the father. In fact I comment on the opposite and how I wanted her to enchanted an item using a spell with the least potential for a backlash.

Enchanting with the Healing Charm? You now have cancer.
Electric Charm? Crispy pony yourself.
Omen Charm? Get feaverish tier dreams.

Healing Shoes do sound appealing. It would be funny to get Fringe to wear them if he got hurt. More so if they'd actually fit. Same for giving a guard something to be enchanted.
>>
>>32635998
>>32635975
I would still prefer to get the sparkling sword enchantment on the sword over the healing enchantment on shoes.

Unfortunately I feel like this will end with another (Maybe tied) vote that turns against me. It seems to happen quite often. Is it something about my suggestions? Am I just really unlucky?

>>32635998
Don't we stay out of any situation where we could possibly get hurt? The chances of us getting hurt is very low, unless another bandit somehow manages to catch us without our guards again. I'll be honest, there are only two times I can think of that healing shoes would have been good. They are the both when we ran into injured rangers.
And after we get back to the castle the healing shoes have an even lower chance of ever being useful.

I really hope that if we do get these (I do not want to get them.) That the instances of ponies getting/being hurt around us does not dramatically increase. It'd make them seem more like a bad luck charm rather then just an item we picked up at the right time.
>>
>>32636059
Sparkling sword doesn't seem very useful in combat considering if we use it in a fight it'll be sparkling right in our face. You might be undermining Healing Charms potential in combat and afterwards. Healing shoes mean we can also do lay on hands.
>>
>>32636978
Sparkling buffs both heroics, (Which are greater actions, making it easier to do awe inspiring actions.) and it boost our performance, which would be quite nice.

I think you're drastically overestimating how often we're going to go into combat. We're not, plain and simply because we're pregnant.
Are you suggesting just because of these healing shoes we should seek out combat? Because we really don't get into combat very often. And once we are back in the castle they will become even more pointless.

Look, we don't really get into combat very often. And on the rare occasion that we have been forced into a confrontation everyone have walked away without a scratch. (Maybe? I think someone might have got a little dinged up from the bear? But nothing has came of that since.) It makes these seem like a waste. (And if everyone starts getting hurt after we get them... Well, I'll say again it just makes them seem like a bad luck charm.)

Also, having healing shoes does not mean we could do lay on hands. As we do not possess hands.
(I also don't find wanting a D&D a good reason for getting an enchantment.)
>>
>>32637126
The sword is going to end up as a family heirloom. Lets not give it some cheap enchantment.
>>
>>32638270
my thoughts exactly
>>
>>32638270
It is not a cheap enchantment, it's as expensive as any other. Without an enchantment the blade will rust and crumble given enough time making your point moot.

Also, you're not addressing any of my arguments, I assume because you can't come up a reason to justify getting the shoes.

But fine you don't want to waste an enchantment on our sword? For some reason. How about we get the Sparkling or Blooming enchantment on our shoes instead? You do not seem to have a problem with putting a cheap enchantment on them.
>>
>>32638851
>Without an enchantment the blade will rust and crumble given enough time making your point moot.
No it won't. The enchantment never said anything about that. Isn't the sword already enchanted with a special ability?

nope. We're getting the Healing Charm for the shoes. We can be horse Jesus and heal people by touching them.
>>
>>32638851
What if all of the enchantments here are cheap compared to what we could get back home.

>>32638987
Nope
>>
>>32638987
We wouldn't get a chance to ever use them.

>>32639049
Well, that might be true. We don't know that, but our character might? I can't remember how long she's spent in the capital, but she did move there so it wasn't all her life.

However an enchantment like Sparkling would be most useful now as it will benefit our rolls. After we get back to the capital it will be more useful for the performance enhancer, as that'll help with any interacting we have with the masses.
>>
>>32639114
A sparkly dress sounds perfectly alright. A sparkly sword sounds like a bad joke though.
>>
>>32639386
I suppose we could get a sparkly dress, though we would have to chose which one of our dresses we'd want to enchant. It is also apparently harder to enchant cloths, so it might take more time. Might have to come back for it after the thing at noon.
>>
>>32639432
>>32639386
Guys guys, You got the wrong idea. We put the Sparkle effect on the sparkle armor for double the sparkle. This way no one can get a good look at us.
>>
>>32639437
Maybe.
>>
>>32639437
I guess that could work? There isn't really a better thing we could put it on.
>>
>You get your armor out of one of the bags Lunar is carrying, and request a sparkle effect on them
>It's not like you're going be subtle in them as is
>It takes some time, as he weaves the enchantment over the metal parts, you watch as thin layer after layer of ethereal light flows over each piece, like panes of glass stacking until a tint can be seen, the magic knitting and attaching itself onto and within the armor panels
>It's finished, and you inspect it
>It's not quite as concentrated as it would be in, say, a small gem, but it's applied evenly and will last a long time

[Old stats]
Light armor (+2 to attack rolls, +10 to defense rolls, -5 to sneak and sound rolls)
[New stats]
Sparkling Light armor (+2 to attack rolls, +10 to defense rolls, -5 to sound rolls and -15 to sneak rolls, positive bonus to heroic deeds or performances effect when visible)

>You pay for the service and check the time
>Oh no!
>At this rate, you'll make it exactly at noon
>You rush out the shop and trot to your destination
>You make it in time and give a small speech to begin the celebration officially
>Things go so quickly you barely memorize the details, between the speech, and the cheering, and the hoofshakes, and the foal kissing...
>Some time passes
>You manage to find some time to stop for a moment to decide what to do next

>Change clothes
>Find a pony (Or otherwise) in the crowd
>Look for a type of vendor
>Grab a cool drink
>Relax near band in pavilion
>Dance
>Pony watch
>Other
>>
>>32638851
Cheap compared to our head wizard who's enchantments would be vastly superior.

What were your arguments again? Thinking if we get the healing charm it'll be a bad luck charm, sparkling will prevent something from rusting, going into combat with healing shoes?
The shoes are insurance for the worst that could happen. The muging won't happen again because our guards will be more cautious and if they're not then we can ask them to be. If our guards get injured while fending off bandits or monsters then we can take the time to heal them, as we will be traveling and the odds of getting attacked are relatively high. Why aren't we giving one of our guards the enchantment opportunity? When would we even need a Blooming enchantment? The sparkling shoes would be a give away at night while we travel. I wonder if we have extra sets of shoes.

>It is not a cheap enchantment, it's as expensive as any other.
>You do not seem to have a problem with putting a cheap enchantment on them.
Something not adding up.

>>32639049
Whimsy is top tier arcane bro.
>>
>>32641281
Woops. Shining Armor is fine.

>>32641209
I think we have enough time for a single action before moving on. Lets dance in the armor for a performance. Can we do that?
>>
>>32641209
Change into the Sparkling light armor.
>>
Shine bright like a diamond Amerite?
>>
>You take a moment to sneak away somewhere more private, and change into the enchanted armor
>Overall, it's quite comfortable, with a soft dark cotton undershirt and additional padding under the small armor plates and links
>You place the Sleek dress back into the bag, and all the guards complement your looks
>You trot back out and begin to dance with everypony else around the band
>The band is in a pavilion about two ponies above every pony else, with many instruments, even a piano!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8kI1na3S2M
>You twirl around the other dancers, your body in perfect motion even around the other, less practiced ponies
>As the summer sun shine down upon you, every pony notices and more join the dancing
[Northern Territory opinion: Beautiful and fun!]
>The next few hours fly by, between sipping cold juice, eating magically frozen treats, and mingling with even more ponies, minor nobles, elks, and workers alike
>Soon enough, it's evening, and lamps are already being lit as the sun begins to set
>You have enough time to go to one more place before you'll have head back to the hotel to sleep and head out in the morning, where will you go?

>Gem and Jewelry shop
>Fortune finder
>Park
>Art gallery
>Go to hotel early
>Other
>>
>>32643108
>Go to hotel early
I want to give Fringe some time to practice with the prosthetic.
>>
>>32643108
can we get that school teacher to teach Charade a few mundane spells?
>>
>>32643561
Don't we have a court wizard that can do that?
>>
>>32643684
We do have a court wizard, but they're not here to teach us anything and we only have a 5% chance of success if our unicorn guard teaches us anything. We would have better luck with the teacher if we want to learn anything NOW.
>>
>>32643734
There's also the mage's guild in the capital as a potential source of teachers.
>>
>>32643783
Yes, but are there any mages guild in this town? I asking if we should get a teacher to teach us some stuff while we're still in town.
>>
>>32643561
>>32643796
The school is closed tonight and she'd likely be in bed
>>32643734
>>32643783
It's not just the pony teaching you, it's your own natural talent plus how much effort and TIME you invest in it. If it were not extremely difficult for non-unicorns to use magic from within the way a unicorn could, everyone would be doing it.
>>
>>32643808
so hotel then?
>>
>>32643808
Than the time constraint makes it completely pointless to even attempt during our journey.
>>
>>32643932
Not necessarily, magic training will have better positive results if you do it for, say, a solid week or month, in comparison to an evening. That's not to say doing it only for a night would be fruitless, these just aren't ideal conditions to look for a teacher with it being night time, so most ponies are preparing to go to bed or close up shop soon. The next update will give extra time in the hotel for such things.
>>
>>32643108
Go to the park.
>>
>You all head back to the hotel early
>You already have a good idea of what you'd like to do before you go back to bed...

>Once you enter the penthouse suite, you pull Fringe and Midnight to the side while Lunar and Currentia go to the beds
>You explain that you'd like Fringe to practice with the gem horn while you try to learn more about how to utilize magic yourself, with Midnight Gaze helping
>Going to a rug near the room's windows, you all sit down in a triangular position
>Midnight speaks up
"I'm not great at teaching, but I think there's a small spell I'd like to try first. It's something my family members did, you would almost touch horns and let your magic flow between them, we'd do it whenever we were meeting after a long absence."
>Fringe raises his eyebrow
"I-if that would be okay with you to try, of course."
>Midnight has a slight blush
>Fringe gives an apathetic sigh but scooches towards her for the attempt
>She instructs him and he begins
>Fringe closes his eyes and lets himself relax as his head dips towards hers
>Her horn lights up... but his doesn't
>Fringe's ears shift a bit, he seems to trying to focus on his magic once more
>Midnight looks at him as her magic flows and wraps around the gem horn, looking a bit discouraged as more time passes
>Her ears go back and she averts her gaze
"I... I know you don't like to talk about the incident or your horn, but even doing this... I know it must be hard, you've tried to focus on the Queen and our training to the point you've been ignoring your own feelings. But please don't give up!"
>Fringe face goes slack and his wings rise a bit, as he takes in the words, but suddenly his ears go right up in alert as he seems to feel something new
>The gem horn glows in a purple light as the amethyst begins to flow with his magic
[cont]
>>
>>32644726
>Their heads creep closer as the flow evens out, circling between the tips of their horns
>They separate and both are smiling, Fringe takes the initiative to speak
"Thank you... you understood my feelings, even when I tried to ignore them."
>He turns towards you
"Sorry if I've been a bit more moody than what was called for recently. I know you don't have a horn, but would you like to try it?"
>You place your head nearer to him
>While you don't have a way to use magic in that way, you can feel his magic flowing below your bangs and across your forehead
>You can tell it's a bit different from his regular magic, in color and sensation as it's being filtered though the amethyst, but it's still his
>It's like a mild refreshing winter breeze still, though some accents of a gust running though a cavern come to mind with the gem horn's filtration
>You separate your heads
>You also try it with Midnight, her magic feels different, like a beam of light shining on your forehead after a storm, not as strong as Fringe's natural magic but steady
>Midnight goes on to a long explanation about what she feels with her own magic and what she feels from others, and how emotional states can have a varying effect from pony to pony in their magical ability
>It would seem she's more comfortable about teaching you about what she knows from the start of the exercise, you should be able to approach her about such topic during your rides between towns now, though obviously she'll limit what spells she demonstrates at those times
>You head off to bed, disrobing and climbing into bed with a thin sheet to sleep though the warm night
>Your dreams are off and on, and aren't very coherent...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTFDlGv2IWg
>You wake up, ready for the new day and the second half of the trip
[cont]
>>
File: Stella map.png (637 KB, 800x768)
637 KB
637 KB PNG
>>32644776
>You get dressed once more, and everything is packed up
>As you exit the hotel, the carriage is already awaiting you, with two new carriage ponies for this half of the trip
>You set off as the sun rises to the east behind you
>Soon enough, you're over the southwestern bridge over the river, and you're on your way to a small farming town on the way to Wallaby

>Play I spy
>Read a book [Choose from: Poor Little White Unicorn, Miss Gleaming Gets Bat'd, Agrippa, Zyzmia and The Tentacle Friend, Fluttering Hearts, Night of The Bucking Breeders, Dark Miracles, Divine politics III, Dragons of the grove)
>Chat
>Magic study with Midnight
>Remember
>Gaze [30% to see something of note]
>Other
>>
>>32644806
I want to allow Midnight to stay on guard, so let's read a book.
Poor Little White Unicorn
>>
>>32644806
Fluttering Hearts
>>
>>32644828
changing my vote to this to save time
>>
>>32644806
Well, it looks like we're reading a book. Uh, read Poor Little White Unicorn.
>>
>>32644862
That the one with the gryphon?
>>
>>32644866
I'm not sure? I believe so.
>>
>>32644806
Nice map
>>
>>
>>32644806
Made that map yourself? Nice nice. We should check out the changeling hive after this.
>>
>>32645945
Uh, after what? The trip?
>>
>>32646756
After our trip. Yes.
>>
>>32644806
did we bring snacks?
>>
>>
>You open the book box in the cabin, and take out Fluttering Hearts
>As you read the first chapter, you reach into the gem back and munch on some low-grade sapphires, an okay flavor but not good for much but eating
>The story begins with a pegasus named Gentle Wing, who works as a bartender, who's moody and doesn't know what he wants from life or as a wife
>In the second chapter, he's late to open the bar when he crashes into a flower cart and it's owner, and flies off again to the bar
>In the third chapter, the florist, named Birch Bloom, catches up to him, and makes a scene in the bar, but is so small for an earth pony it just winds up cute, Gentle just ruffles his hair and pays a pittance
>In the fourth chapter, Gentle thinks about Birch and begins to have strange feelings...
>So far the writing's a little bland but not enough to quit entirely
>It looks like the stone road is already almost at the next town of Peamane, where you'll be taking at least a brief stop, a town that host mainly farmers and the family of solders
>You have a small choice to make regarding this leg of the trip
>You can either pass though Peamane onto the dirt roads and sleep in the next town of Wheatsnile, and arrive in Wallaby tomorrow afternoon, or you can stay a bit in Peamane, skip over Wheatsnile, and arrive tomorrow evening in Wallaby
>Or you could have an extended stay in both towns, but you'd arrive in Wallaby two days from now

>Skip over Peamane [choose travel activity, only change is spot check is now 70%]
>Stay a while
>...Other?
>>
>>32648887
>Stay a while
Lets get to know them and give the carriage pullers a break.
>>
>>32648887
Stay a while, might as well see what this town is about and make a couple of appearances.
>>
>>32648887
Can you tell us a bit about the next town?
>>
>As the carriage slows to a stop, you take a moment to step outside
>The village is surrounded by orchards and wheat fields, with a tiny creek running to the west and a few shade trees
>A cool breeze blows from the north
>While the carriage ponies are refilling their canteens, you step further into Peamane

>Go to the apple orchard where you can see two ponies
>Go to the farmhouse next to a wheat field with ponies on the porch
>Go to the fountain
>Go to the general store
>Go to the military outpost
>Lay under a tree and take a nap
>Other
>>
>>32649765
Go to the apple orchard.
>>
>>32649765
>Go to the military outpost
Gotta know if bandits are harassing the locals and what not.
>>
>>
>>32650730
>>
>>32650730
>>
>>32652314
>>
>>32652902
>>
>You want to go to both the orchard and the outpost, you flip a golden coin with an image of the first king of Stella, and you go to the orchard
>As you approach the gate, the wild vegetation and grasses around it are yellowed and dried from the drought, but the orchard still looks healthy and well kept
>In fact, you can see some farmhooves with some royal stamped barrels on the other side of the field of trees
>The trees themselves have damp soil around the trunks, and bright apples that are large despite not quite being ripe yet
>You go to the farmers, and chat with them a bit
>They're quite thankful for the extra water, while they could have gotten just enough out of their well to stave off the trees dying the extra water ensured they would remain healthy this year without risking permanent damage to future harvests
>The majority of the water went towards the crops that need more attention, such as wheat fields and summer vegetable gardens
>You ask if it's just the two of them that run the orchard, they let you know most of the extra help and the main family that runs the orchards are in Wallaby for the pre-harvest fair, enjoying themselves before the long, hard, and often break-less work of harvest begins with the start of fall
>You shake their hooves and head off towards the outpost
[cont]
>>
>>32654796
>Satisfied with an update on the water investment, you head towards the military outpost
>It's a short but fortified building of light-colored brick, with a small barracks for the soldiers stationed there, normally just twenty soldiers during times of peace
>You approach the large doors, wood with some iron bracing, but you hear a loud conversation inside, first a particularly gruff voice
"By the moon, greenhorn! Explain to me why your shit isn't squared away like I've told you to do a million bucking times!"
"Sir, I was sorting my bed when Commander Willowbrook ordered me to sweep, sir!"
"Bull baloney, I already saw Commander Willowbrook order Lance to do that shit!"
>Another gentle but firm voice joins in
"Sir, I can confirm he did give orders to both, and to all the other non-officers to clean more than normal, even more finicky in detail than he normally is... sir."
>You hear another voice, much quieter but closet to the door, as if leaning against the wall
"Psh, like the Queen's gonna visit this backwater applehole, she's going to the next town right past."
>You take you head from the door and take a moment to decide how you'd like to enter

>What the buck did you say about me you little squire? (Punishing and ever-present)
>Hello friends who I didn't just very easily eavesdrop on! (Sarcastic but surprising)
>Blow the royal horns loudly and enter majestically (Currentia keeps spare horns for just this kind of thing, she smiles as she peeks them from under her wings)
>Enter casually
>Find another entrance
>Other
>>
>>32654875
I vote for sarcasm
>>
>>32654875
>Other
Surprise! I'm visiting! It's nice to meet you all!
>>
>>32654875
Blow the royal horns loudly and enter majestically.
Then be a sarcastic prick.

>>32654951
Nah.
>>
>>32654957
Not a big a fan of being a prick. Why prick of all things?
>>
>>32654957
Sarcasm=/=prick
>>
>>32654875
Blow the royal horns loudly and enter majestically.
>>
>>32655078
Honestly? Because it rolls off the tongue. I was busy and I didn't have time to come up with a better way of saying it.
>>
>>32655151
With DANCE!
>>
Instead of entering in like a precious cunt bag let's razzle dazzle with a dance number. Sparkling armor is optional.
>>
>>32655151
>>32655577
YES.
>>
>>
>>32656354
>>
>>32656995
>>
>>32657419
>>
>>32658280
>>
>>32658883
>>
>>32659338
>>
File: party hard.gif (229 KB, 867x475)
229 KB
229 KB GIF
>You sit for a moment and put your hooves together as you decide how to make your entrance
>Suddenly, a clever idea comes to mind and you smile as your performance comes together in your head
>You let Currentia know what to do with the horns
>She blares the traditional royal announcement tune, you hear the voices inside hush as if they'd been stabbed by a ghost
>Currentia changes the rhythm up to more of a waltz, and you hear a group sigh within
"Oh, it must be old Tootermane, playing a practical joke!"
>You hear slight, forced laughter
>You swing open the doors and dance your way in with your brilliantly shining armor, as Currentia plays a bit with the song, mixing the royal tune with a rhythm to shake it to
>As she stops playing, you strike a pose and look them dead in the face
"Salutations!"
>They're all lined up in a row in front of you, having scrambled to get into formation, pale and sweaty as they've come to face their own inadequacies as presented by their dancing monarch
>Except for the greenhorn, Snowball, a white young unicorn stallion still sitting on the floor and clapping softly with the goofiest bucking smile you've seen in years
>The voice of the commander, Oakbeat, begins to meekly speak up
"Y-y-y-your Majesty."
>Despite the waiver in his voice, he still gives a stiff salute, as the others give a shakier raise of the hoof to their foreheads

>>
>>32659857
I want to lightly chide him a little bit for using the unlikelihood that somebody important would come here as an excuse for not putting his best hoof forward.
>>
>>32659943
Because we want to catch them as they typically are any not when they're prepared? I think I get what you mean.

>>32659857
Hello my ponies! I have come to your humble community for the opportunity to learn about you. How are you?

Except for the greenhorn, Snowball, a white young unicorn stallion still sitting on the floor and clapping softly with the goofiest bucking smile you've seen in years
Why thank you
>>
>>32659857
At ease soldiers
>>
>>32660029
Not this.

>>32660137
This.
>>
>>32660347
Why not that post?
>>
>>32660504
Because it has a line in it that needed to be green text and it isn't.
>>
>>32660558
Hello my ponies! I have come to your humble community for the opportunity to learn about you. How are you?

>Except for the greenhorn, Snowball, a white young unicorn stallion still sitting on the floor and clapping softly with the goofiest bucking smile you've seen in years
Why thank you

is this better?
>>
>>32660565
Yes.
>>
>>
>>32661084
>>
>>32661670
>>
>That small performance really got them freaked out, just like you were hoping!
>You thank the young newbie for clapping, then clear your throat as you look back at the scared soldiers
>You instruct them to be at ease and their bodies relax to the point their tails, previously sticking straight out, go limp right away
>You direct you attention to the owner of the quieter voice you hear earlier, belonging to Iron Reed, a heavy weapons specialist
"Oh ho, thought I wouldn't come and you could slack off, eh?"
>You can't help but sneer just a bit as he looks away nervously
>Seems the rest of his squad-mates caught on and glare at him
>You should probably do something else next, you have about enough time for one more lengthy activity before you need to settle down for the evening

>Inspect barracks in profound detail
>Run friendship exercises
>Find Commander Willowbrook
>Leave as suddenly as you came
>Get a casual tour without the inspection details
>Other
>>
>>32664121
>Run friendship exercises
I don't know what this entails but you have my interest.
>>
>>32664121
>Inspect barracks in profound detail
They are part of our military, they must be up to snuff no matter how unimportant they consider themselves to be.
>>
>>32664121
would the friendship exercises consist of prancing about in the fields, braiding each other manes and tails, trust falls and sharing stories?
>>
>>32664202
All that and PT. You can never have enough PT!
>>
>>32664215
Some exercise will do the body some good. Charade needs a little more beyond doing a little walking while she's in a town.
>>
>You strut back and forth in front of them as you inspect them
>Inspiration strikes, and you know just that they need
>You give them your verdict; today, they shall run friendship drills!
>They look at you in confusion
>You explain you'll be running them through physical training while bonding them together as a closer squad
>You grab a whistle from the commanders desk and run them outside, they comply immediately
>First, some impromptu laps around the base is the summer heat!
>They endure about three laps, and you keep surprisingly good pace with them for a monarch
>Unsurprisingly, wearing metal armor in the late summer afternoon heat while pregnant isn't a great idea, so you lead them inside after you reach your heat tolerance for the next activity
>Next up is mane maintenance, a shave for the short manes and a braid for the long manes to keep them tidy for helms
>As you do this, you learn a bit about each of them as you switch partners
>The newest is Snowball, a meek male unicorn but valued for his ice magic
>Then there's Lance Fling, a male pegasus that specializes in spears and weapons upkeep, tends to be cocky when competent
>The first pony you heard through the door was Whispering Steel, an earth mare that has just general skills for any situation, well rounded
>There's Iron Reed, a bulky earth stallion with Clydesdale patterning who maintains all the cannons and ballistas
>Finally, there's Sergent Mellon, the current leader of the squad, an older unicorn with a strict and bossy attitude but prioritizes his ponies over all else
>The mane maintenance finishes and they all look fresh again
[cont]
>>
>>32664702
>It would appear commander Willowbrook left with the other surplus troops to enjoy the pre-harvest festival in Wallaby, but you don't mind, a smaller group is easier to work with
>You start them on some exercises, starting with standard warm up for training
>After some time though, you begin to inject some fun into the routines, and wind up playing quite a few games in the cool building
>Luckily Snowball, for as lanky and meager as he is in physical training, is able to keep casting ice spells to keep things from heating up too much
>Your own guards are just lounging and watching, having run with you earlier and wanting to keep their energy to last the night, but enjoying this none the less
>As the sun sets outside, you feel they're closer knit now for the activity, you give the barracks a look over, and everything seems okay, aside from Snowball's bedding but you can forgive it this once
>You say your goodbyes and set off
[Military opinion: +]

>Tired and out of daylight, you set off the the inn where the carriage ponies already are, and go to sleep

>You wake up refreshed and ready to ride, leaving Peamane to head to Wheatsnile
>What would you like to do as you travel this morning?

>Read [choose book]
>Puzzle box
>Chat
>Gaze [ 55% chance to spot something notable]
>Magic study
>Remember/flashback
>Other
>>
>>32664759
>Remember/flashback
What we're hers and Fringes parents like.
>>
>>32664759
Flashback
>>
>>32664759
Gaze.
>>
>>32664759
>Other
Pray to Tentajack
>>
>>32665277
>>
>>32664963
no u
>>
>>
>>32667241
>>
>>32664759
is [Military opinion: +] for the military in general or just for the small farming village?
How common is dragon fire messaging?
>>
>You drift into your thoughts as the scenery passes by...
>It's harder and harder to remember your early youth, but some moments till come as clearly as yesterday
>It was about spring in the year of our foundation 258
>The events leading up to it are hazy in your memory, but you remember many soldiers coming home after a shameful defeat by the griffon pirate leagues, having attempted to push forward beyond the coastal regions and the southeast border during a mild winter
>Most of the later fighting wasn't well known as it was happening, so as flocks of injured and scarred of ponies came in far fewer numbers than they left in, the populace was in shock
>As the survivors settled back into town, and word spread of the treaty between the pirates, warlords of the coast, and the King of Stella, there was quite a bit of fear and horror lingering about
>You remember your parents taking to the streets, as you would tag along with them, and so Fringe would with you, the day they came back to town
>Aside from solemn chatter that permeated the area, you remember two types of cries that day
>First was the screams of pain and shock as ponies who had marched long rainy roads with their injuries faced the reality of gangrene spreading beyond their cuts and into their limbs, the lucky ones caught it in time for amputation to be effective in stopping it
>You looked the wrong way at just the wrong time to see a griffon get his rotting right wing cut off, but you looked away just as quickly, ducking between your parents to forget what you just saw
>That's nothing to say of the others, the ones who had nearly half their face cut off, and those who could only stare past everything
>The second cry was those of mothers and wives, and a few fathers and husbands, desperately looking for their own anywhere in the sea of faces
[cont]
>>
>>32669243
>The wretched cries as they began to run out of ponies to search though was truly awful
>Even Fringe, trained to have as stoic of a public persona as you, was visibly uncomfortable
>But what you remember most was the actions you parents took
>They addressed and calmed the civilians as soon as news broke of the end of the fighting, and it's sour turnout
>And as soon as the returning armies arrived, they had already arranged everything from doctors to extra beds, to preparing a high amount of body-less funerals for those who did not return
>Most of all, though most most regular nobles turned their snouts up at the thought of mingling with soldiers, here were your parents, talking with them as the duke and duchess of the southern region, talking about what had happened with understanding and controlled compassion
>You suppose for all the harm such strictly stoic personalities can do, they kept their focus on maintaining support, rather than get swept up in the sorrow the loss had brought to the kingdom
>Your father had even helped some ponies up onto the operating table when they could no longer support themselves, inspiring more civilians to get in and just help
>You focus on the memory fades out as you feel the carriage slow
>The carriage ponies are taking a quick five minute break while in Wheatsnile
>This town is mainly focused on trade and agriculture, not too many features to note

>You can stop here for the day, delaying your trip further, or you can continue on as scheduled

>Spend day here [There's a bar, a Huntspony rest, a single fruit stand, and a windmill][Arrival in Wallaby tomorrow morning for second day of festival]
>Go forth [Choose travel activity, same gaze chance][Arrive in Wallaby in the early evening]
>>
>>32669297
Go forth. Gaze out the window. (Though if it is voted that we should delay and stay here we should visit the Huntspony rest stop.)
>>
>>32669297
>Spend day here
We'll be quick, just one place, no more than an hour. The Hunterpony rest would be a good choice.
>>
>>32669341
This
>>
>>32669350
no u

>>32669297
I realized we've had this flashback several times already, though I think this one s slightly tweaked.
>>
>>
>>32669778
No? The only other full flashback you guys have had is a memory of after her parents died. Also no update this morning.
>>
>>32670306
https://youtu.be/tkzY_VwNIek
>>
>>32670207
>>
>>32670724
>>
>>32671514
>>
>>32672216
>>
>>32672647
>>
>You step out, intending a quick outing before returning
>You head over to the brick building, with a wooden overhanging sign of a huntspony rest house
>As you enter, your eyes adjust to the dimmer lighting within, you notice the blinds are shut.
>Inside is an icebox with alcohol and other drinks, a griffon sprawled out on a sofa snoozing, a pegasus sharpening swords in the far corner, another pony sleeping in a bed, and a changeling polishing armor next to a sewing array
>All around them are shelves and wall hooks filled with travel kits, spare weapons, and space pieces of armor, plus a shelf full of panty foods
>The pegasus looks up as you close the door behind yourself and the guards
"Good afternoon Your Majesty. To what do we owe the pleasure?"
>He says it in such a stoic manner as he continues to spin the grindstone against the long iron blade without slowing

>You want to keep things quick, what would you like to do before you leave?

>Talk to the changeling (Choose topic)
>Talk to the pegasus (Choose topic)
>Wake and talk to the griffon (Choose topic if awoken)
>The other sleeping huntsmare, a blue unicorn, seems to be in a deeper sleep...
>Take drink from icebox [Whiskey, orange cream soda, bottled sweet tea, orange juice]
>Check out weapons and armor stocked
>Other
>>
>>32673638
>Talk to the pegasus (Choose topic)
Hows the region? Any wild animals or rabble youths? Anything noteworthy going on?
>>
>>32673638
Boop the changeling. We appreciate what the hunters do.
>>
>>
>>32614837
>>
>>32673638
boop! boop the snoot!
>>
>You approach the pegasus, he places down the weapon he was working with and shakes your hoof
>Promptly after you boop him, he looks at you silently for a moment but give a gentle smile
>You take another moment to do the same with the changeling, though it looks like he's more focused on the task at hoof
>You turn back around to the pegasus, and he introduces himself as Quiver Brawnwing, who normally patrols the southern roads but is covering for another huntspony who's injured
>You ask him about the region, the wildlife, and any news
>He says his work as a huntscolt let's him see more than other ponies realize, but the western region has been quieter than normal
>Not too quiet though, they've been fighting aggressive packs of timber-wolves looking to steal water during the drought
>Otherwise, the other wildlife has made do, but normal game hunting will be affected for the next season
>He's at least happy the drought has quieted the ruckus that normally occurs on the western border, as the western tribes and the dig-dug-dog state, as they've withdrawn to seemingly deal with their own crisis the drought has brought
>But other than the end of summer festivals and the excitement over the royal tour, there's not been much news
>You thank him for his work again and take your leave

>You climb back into the carriage, what would you like to do as you continue the trip?
>Read [choose book]
>Puzzle box
>Chat
>Gaze [ 55% chance to spot something notable]
>Magic study
>Remember/flashback
>Other
>>
>>32676866
Gaze.
>>
File: 1683430.png (92 KB, 386x337)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
>>32676866
gaze
>>
>>
>>32678047
>>
>As the carriage picks up speed down the packed dirt roads, you gaze out into the distance
>Field after field full of golden wheat and green hay passes by, with a few solitary trees along the path, until you hit the old orchard area
>The difference is notable, as many of the apple trees are decades old with a few spilling their branches over the road, a few of the trees already showing the redness of their bounty as it's close to harvesting time
>Now, you won't be able to enjoy any of the hard cider this year, but you'll still be able to enjoy the freshly pressed apple juice in the fall, you're ready for the summer season to end already...
>As you can see the far reaches of the town in the distance beyond the slight bend of the road
[Roll: 06]
>Suddenly, behind you, come two ponies running at a far faster pace than your own carriage ponies!
>But it appears all is well; they appear to be farmers, running with a cart full of hay, dashing forth with determination
>Though they so slow down a bit as the ride next to you and match your pace, you see why a moment later
>Out of the stacks of hay in the cart pop up many fillies and colts riding along in the center, they see you and wave!
>You wave back, smiling and serene
>They're quite exited to be responded to, even if you can't hear them past the glass window
>After another moment, the hay cart goes faster again, and as the begin to slip out of view, they wave at you once more
>What lovely foals! You assume the farmers are their parents
[cont]
>>
>After a while, you arrive in town, though now the sun is setting, you've arrived a bit later than planned
https://soundcloud.com/ceresfantasy/shining-force-girl-of-sunbeams
>The town itself spans a wide area but has a humble architecture of light wood, brown brick, grey stone, and tan tile shingles, with hexagonal stone pavement throughout
>Most of the areas ponies are preparing to go to bed after the first day of the festival, resting for the next day of celebration and fun
>As it gets darker, magical little lights connected by strings light up, as well as candles within the buildings, and the ponies who are still up and about are in the central plaza around a fountain watching a full moon rise
>You even see a few families of pegasi and Bat ponies on the rooftops watching
>You step out of the carriage and stretch a bit in your armor; you're tempted to rub your behind, having you dock throb while you get used to the piercing, but you resist the urge
>While you can't do as much tonight as you can in the morning, there's enough time to have a little fun

>Go to the plaza and watch the moon rise
>Go to the bakery (They're still open!)
>Find the family with the hay cart
>Explore the town more on hoof
>Other
>>
>>32679304
there beith a mare on the moon or neigh?
>>
>>32679304
>>
File: 542876145.jpg (265 KB, 919x826)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
>>32679327
Hmmmmmm that's a secret, so far there's been no mention of what time period Equestria is currently in thus far in the quest, that's something that could have a major impact on how you handle things if you guys manage to make regular contact with Equestrians again due to meta information being too available and known. If it helps, I do not regard comics or movie as cannon.

Tl:DR You'll have to see, expect information to be few and far between until you can ask a character in game who would know what's going on for sure
>>
>>32679366
that's interesting. Guess we'll wait and see as it all unfolds.
>>
>>32679304
Find the family with the hay cart.

>>32679366
Well, I think it has been mentioned that this is old. Before the times of the princesses.
>>
>>32679387
changing my vote to this. we got a good roll on them, might as well look for them. We can always watch the moon set tomorrow.
>>
>>
>You go out into the fringe of the crowd where all the carts ponies brought are parked, looking for the family you saw on the road
>You pass empty cart after empty cart, each with their own variation of design, though Currentia can't help but make a snide comment about a particularly run down one, though she got a small shove by Midnight for it for such crude language
>You find the cart, green painted plans around iron rods holding it together, the family looks like they're just about done carrying away the hay they had brought, plus a crate of something else
>As you approach, you announce yourself with a wave, and the family come closer and bows
>They introduce themselves as the Grass family, they came here to make and sell fried hay foods for the festival, though they weren't able to make it for the first day in time they'll be staying a while
>The mother and father, the ponies you saw drawing the cart earlier, are Apricot Heart and Lemon Grass
>It would seem they've been 'busy' during the last few winters, as they have six foals; Ribbon Grass, Feather Grass, Bermuda Grass, Yellow Star, Bluestem, and Lota grass, who are all around you giving you a group hug
>You hug them back, of course
>Now that you're here with them, what would you like to do?

>Try a sample of the hay
>Ask about their crops
>Ask about their heritage
>Ask about what kinds of hay dishes they can make
>Other
>>
>>32681134
>>
>>32681134
>>
>>32681134
ask about the kinds of hay dishes, fried and otherwise, they plan to serve tomorrow. Hash hay, fried hay patties, haycakes, fried hay balls, glazed sauteed hay?

I feel kind of bad for who ever owns the slightly dilapidated cart. Can we toss in a few coins and a note afterwards? Everyone deserves to feel a little swagger.
>>
>>32681305
I'll be honest, while I do like the generosity in this context. Doing that would make it look even worse, making the owner of the cart seem like a beggar.
>>
>>32681330
Maybe, but there's few ponies around to see, and I like to think it's different if it's coming from royalty. Heck it could be a good think if someone see's us put money into the cart. They'll get the idea that we're kind or generous.
>>
>>32681348
I actually meant it's awful for the cart owner, not because some pony saw but because when they get back and see money on their cart well, it's awful to know that someone thinks you're doing so poorly that you need money.
>>
>>32681376
Maybe that is the case? Could be the ponies or family that came here in the cart aren't doing so well. If they're farmers then maybe they got bad crops.
>>
>>32681416
Even if they are actually poor it would still hurt to be told that.
>>
File: 2017-11-25 08.49.16-2.png (114 KB, 1039x823)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
>>32681435
So, we shouldn't help the poor even if we could do something about it? What should we do then?
>>
>>32681447
Help the poor by eliminating the reason they are poor in the first place, most of the time giving money like this to the poor doesn't solve the root problem that made them that way.
>>
>>32681447
Helping individuals carelessly doesn't actually fix things. Sometimes, unwanted charity could actually harm those receiving it. I remember a story of a wealthy person throwing some coins at some beggars only for them to attack each other over the coins. Since we're the queen, we'd do more good setting up systems to enable those that need help to improve their own lives.
>>
>You ask the family about their history
>Lemon Grass's family has been here for generations, originating from the western earth pony tribes that were here before becoming a part of Stella, and those tribes were descendants of ponies who came here from the distant land of Equestria long ago with most of the other ancestors of the ponies and griffons that settled here centuries ago
>Originally being adept at harvesting and cultivating wild grasses, their overall talent lie in hay, wheat, and general horticulture
>As for Apricot Heart, a bright orange earth pony, her family was one from central Stella, she met Lemon Grass about two decades ago during a Hearths Warming festival and have been together since
>You can also see her family isn't just earth ponies, as the second oldest, Feather Grass, is an orange pegasus, with the rest being earth ponies of various shades of green, tan, rust, and blue tones
>After discussing their family background, you ask about the kind of hay food they'll be making tomorrow, mainly savory hay cakes and hay-fry hashes, but also a family specialty called a five-grass nest
>They also have a small stock of hot sauce they've taken with them to sell with the food
>Their youngest foal, Lota, yawns deeply, signaling how late it's getting
>You thank them for having to opportunity to meet them, and take your leave
>As you trot back, your mind wanders to the run-down cart, but it seems it's more an antiquity issue than anything else; as you pass by, it's made with very old splintering wood with old carvings, not too expensive to replace but likely kept out of emotional value
>You go to the hotel where you'll sleep, you enter the room, disrobe, and drift to sleep...
[cont]
>>
>>32681734
>Your dreams are strange and foggy
>In the last part of the dream, from what you can maintain a memory of, your just staring at the moon in a void sky, no stars nor faint aura of the horizon, only the full moon
>You're simply stuck in position, feeling nothing, thinking nothing
>But the fogginess ends as you have the sensation of a shadow quickly passing over you
>You move to turn around, seeing nothing but a black void behind you, but as you turn back around, the moon is gone, replaced by a dark specter in the shape of a pony, it's eyes a piercing white and blue in the darkness
>It's such a sudden shift you wake up startled
>You drift back off to a dreamless sleep soon after...

>You wake up refreshed and ready for the day ahead
>You'll be the main judge in an art competition later today, but you have some time in the morning
>You get dressed
>There's quite alot to do with the festival, if you can think of it it's likely to be available
>>
>>32681771
Today, aside from the outdoor art gallery that's being set up, there's quite alot of places to go and things to do, you should have enough time to do about three things

>Hay fry stand (The Grass family)
>Fruit smoothie stand
>Berry kabob stand
>Giant slide
>Air cart ride
>Classic ride around town
>Wallaby history foundation stand
>Small Order of Harmony post
>Griffon grills
>Bat pony jewelry strand
>Cider drinking competition (Just to watch!)
>Shady spot under some trees where some families are resting
>Bakery
>Band area
>Popsicle stand
>General store
>Magic spin ride contraption
>Local blacksmith's work display
>Other
>>
>>32681950
>Griffon grills
>Cider drinking competition (Just to watch!)
We're not just watching, we'll join in. Though with non alcoholic beverages.
>>
>>32682115
That's apple juice.

>>32681950
>Wallaby history foundation stand
>Small Order of Harmony post
>>
>>32682115
It's not much of a competition if we're not drinking alcoholic beverages, if the competition is to see who has the highest alcohol tolerance. If that is the case then we would be watching and drink apple juice.
>>
>>32681950
>Local blacksmith's work display
>Band area
>Shady spot under some trees where some families are resting
we all about those arts

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.