[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/mlp/ - Pony

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 43 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

>Hey writers, your writing is shit
>ITS CARTOON LOGIC!!!! t. Jim
Why is this hack still working on the show?
>>
>>32623304
Jim is not a writer, and a corporate mandate is not really shitty writing.
A better question would be, why did Applejack and Rainbow Dash forget everything they've learned in the previous seven seasons? Or, even better, why the fuck are they teachers if the only thing their students learned is not to be like them? Now that is shitty writing.
Then again, Jim isn't responsible for that either, that's on the story editor, who doesn't give a fuck about the show.
>>
>>32623304
Because the company owning him is abhorrent
>>
>>32623394
And yet Jim thinks he's on the writing staff, so whenever anyone brings up anything involving plotholes and sloppy writing, he thinks they are insulting HIM despite his work having nothing to do with that.

... what the fuk is Jim's contribution to FiM, anyway? What exactly he does?
>>
>>32623446
If I'm not mistaken, he supervises that the storyboards are adequate for the story, and then he checks that the final animation follows those storyboards properly. He doesn't change the story though, if the story is shit, his job is to be sure that the final animation tells the same shitty story.
I guess that he defends the writing because it's probably heartbreaking to waste your energies supervising that a shitty script is properly animated. I mean, if you were hired to paint a house, and the house is about to collapse but you spend several weeks painting all the walls carefully, you'll probably pretend that the house is not so bad, not to admit that you wasted weeks on a completely pointless job.
>>
File: 1530197692139.png (317 KB, 500x373)
317 KB
317 KB PNG
>>32623394
>only perfect people can be teachers
>>
>>32623645
Only QUALIFIED people can be teachers.
>>
>>32623304
"Cartoon logic" is today's Deus Ex Machina.
>>
>>32623394
fpbp
>>
Dont question Jim
>>
>>32623304
Why do you insist on making these threads?
>>
>>32625433
Because It's Jim
>>
>>32624622
This. And dubs.
>>
>>32623304
Do you think they chose to add the school?
>>
no
>>
>>32623304
Gonna play the Devil's advocate here and ask you this: Just what about MLP is it that makes you so mad when they do odd things like that? Lots of other cartoons go with that "cartoon logic", don't they? So why is MLP suddenly not allowed to do that as well?
>>
File: 1374293029104.png (154 KB, 400x400)
154 KB
154 KB PNG
>>32628764
Because it was good at one time. They fourth walled some of the cartoon logic to make it funny ala looney tunes. The dialogue and characterization was miles above any girl's cartoon, much less any kid's cartoon.

When that dissipated through shitty writers and hasbro having no internal awareness on how to keep the lightning in the bottle, "cartoon logic" is just a slap on the nuts for the fans.
>>
>>32628764
because it's a character and world driven show. it needs that consistency and logic to the world for it to be believable and enjoyable.
>>
>>32628764
Hello, Jim. If you still cannot understand why your era is considered shit by the non-autistic fans then you are really beyond any help.
>>
>>32623529
I guess that makes sense
>>
Jim did nothing wrong
>>
>>32623529
>he checks that the final animation follows those storyboards properly.
Bullshit. He's being controlled there too, unless its the Phillipines animators and directors idea to add as many human poses, dumb expressions and awkwardly animated dance numbers are possible.
>>
>>32628764
Other cartoons don't use that excuse.
>>
jim is god
>>
>>32632988
Other cartoons don't have overanalyzing turbo-autists critiquing a show for kids.
>>
>>32624622
>today's
The Simpsons have been hitting the reset button for almost every single episode
>>
>>32628764
Other cartoons aren't so unfunny, uncharming, anti-fun, driven by degenerate boring tightwad executives and so stupidly written.
>>
>>32623304
I don't see you complaining when characters will stay up all night and be fine next day with no sleep.
This happened in the first goddamn episode.
>>
>>32634536
>jim is godawful

fixed that for u.
>>
>>32635252
Spike couldn't stay awake because of his short age and so Twilight and company had to leave him behind.
Do you watch the show or what?
>>
>>32623304
He looks like a more lesbian version of Michael Moore.
>>
>>32623529
>I guess that he defends the writing because
If you have been following Jim's cringy misadventures on twitter, you would know he's an incredbly sad, awkward and bitter man with tons of insecurities, bad experiences from a lonely youth and a burning need for attention and validation.
Nobody gave a shit about him when he was Ed, Edd n' Eddy's director, and this didn't changed when he was working on FiM during Faust and Renzetti's era. But once they left and Jim got prrrromoted to supervising director, he went crazy active on Twitter, first to draw everyone's attention to him and later to try defending and Jimsplaining the new staff's screwups after the fans began noticing the new direction the show took under Meghan's era.

tl;dr: Jim tries to use FiM to compensate for his crappy youth and lack of a better life, so he always will jump to defend it, making everything worse in the proccess.
>>
>>32634968
It was a "good show", without any qualifier.

The whole reason it took off was because it was actually good, with good writing and an interesting fantasy setting that felt genuinely new to most people who were watching it.
>>
>>32635447
I'm pretty sure he, and even Faust, have complained that "every other cartoon out there is aimed at boys, or only has boy characters, so having 100% of the main cast of characters is good for equality".

Main cast meaning the members of the hero squad that get sent out to solve the problems. The power rangers in Power Rangers, one of the most boy-focused shows you could imagine, always had at least 1/3 of their rangers be girls. Boy shows have to have girls in the cast in the primary contributing roles, but the reverse isn't true, because in the modern day "equality" means explicitly excluding specific categories of person.

I didn't have any kind of burning need for a male character in the mane six, but after I noticed new god-horses being shat out regularly, and 100% of the non-evil ones being female, I noticed a pattern. Seeing his comments on the gender ratio made things worse, retroactively.
>>
>>32623304
>ITS CARTOON LOGIC!
He can't say, "Because Hasbro insisted that we feature their new Princess Twilight's School of Friendship Playset, and we have to jump on every stupid order they give us. Would you like my job, Ace?"
>>
>>32623304
a wizard did it
>>
>>32623529
Could somebody like... broadcast this or something?
"Jim did it" is getting really fucking old.
>>
>>32636533
I'm convinced that at least 90% of the fags here don't know the first thing about what producers, showrunners, directors, story editors, writers, storyboard artists, or animators do. Maybe they're pretty clear on voice actors, but I'm not even sure about that.
>>
>>32629512
>by the non-autistic fans
AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>32636606
xd
>>
>>32636606
>>
Jim is untouchable
>>
>>32635252
ive gone days without sleep, sure feeling ditsy but far from a killer
>>
>>32623304
>>
File: jim prick.png (311 KB, 640x480)
311 KB
311 KB PNG
>>32623304
>>
>>32635252
That's not unrealistic mate
>>
>>32640803
>>32635413
>>
>>32640842
Children need sleep more than adults. There.
>>
>>32640850
and that invalidates his point how...
>>
File: pinkie concerned.png (159 KB, 467x353)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
>>32640869
Because it proves that "the mane six can stay up all night and be fine the next day with no sleep" and "Spike couldn't stay awake and had to be left behind" weren't mutually exclusive points.
>>
>>32639497
No women wanted to touch him indeed.
>>
>>32640877
and this cured your aspergers and virginity...how
>>
>>32640889
By exposing him to a non-contradictory and engaging source of sociological information and by giving him a common interest with other people, respectively.
>>
>>32623304
Its fair. I wonder how many people write to the writers of Spongebob asking how fire, electricity and rain work under water.
>>
>>32640902
Speaking about Aspergers it's funny to see how a single aspie has been bringing Derpibooru to it's knees with his constant gore spamming and the staff being completely uncapable to ban him.
The local autistic and retarded users are batshit crazy with anher and desperation while the staff keep SUPPLICATING the guy to stop with his gore and cursing spam behause they have no idea about how to moonban him for good.
>>
>>32640940
Many people. Constantly.
The answer actually is "cartoon logic" though, because cartoon logic, get this, has a logic to it.

but even in spogebob we always knew how spongebob was dividing up his time in order to properly do his job because his job was an important part of the plot, and very often WAS the plot.
>>
>>32640945
Isn't it great.
>>
>>32640945
>>32641702
Its because of dindus like snuffnigger that we have derpibait threads and raids in the first place. just nuke this board already
>>
>>32640945
They banned the entire united states ip range by accident and a fuckton of users were affected. I couldn't stop laughing.
>>
>>32636361
Why the fuck can he not? There's literally no NDA in the world that keeps you from being honest. I mean if Mike Vogel is enough of an idiot to actively say "I was the creative vision all along" "I cannot write a script worth a shit so I put Meghan in charge to make a script for me and then I edit that script" then the NDA is truly worthless.
They're nothing but a bunch of useless cowards/useful idiots. What kind of sane man shitposts and defends shit he isn't responsible for? A credit-stealing obsessed idiot, that's who. Who the fuck feels angry on behalf of somebody else? A mental lunatic, that's who.
>>
>>32642627
Despite 1st A, your boss can tell you not to tell.
>>
>>32642627
tl dr
>>
>>32641756
The sad part is that DB just proved they are completely unprotected against a /mlp/ raid if ten or less fags here decided to go to DB and spam it with gore, hate art of autism awareness pics whenever the usual people there starts to whine or demand shit out from nowhere.

One, just ONE lone fag (who's even mentally crippled to boot) sent the board into a panic state, can you guess what could happen if a random group decided to go there and be dicks for a couple of weeks?
>>
>>32628764
because like it or not this show has something behind it that almost no other show but Star Trek, Doctor Who, etc. has: its own Fandom. That extra popularity shouldn't be construed as either free or eternal unfortunately.
>>
>>32634979
Discontinuous writing isn't cartoon logic. There's a difference between watching episodes in any order and breaking suspension of belief.
>>
exactly how I felt when the episode came out.
Even more so when Rainbow asked APPLEJACK of all people to cover her classes while in Las Pegasus. Like how the fuck is this pony suppose to have ANY time? Applejack runs a whole farm, and is teaching a class. How could she possibly have more time?
>>
>>32647267
How the fuck does ANY of them have time beside Twilight? Rarity runs 3 simultaneous shops, Fluttershy has her animal shelter, Pinkie helps out with the cakes, Applejack has her farm, Rainbow Dash her Wonderbolts training. It would make so much more sense if they were just guest lecturers.
>>
>>32623304
So when something doesn't make sense, it's OK to lash out and harass someone?
>>
>>32647946
Exactly, like for example when buttkissing Hasdrones come here to bitch and pick fights because the staff is receiving comments they don't like.
Harrasing the staff is wrong, but harrasing 4channers is fair game. That's the Hasdrone & autistic mindset in a nutshell.
>>
>>32647296
Rarity has a plausible excuse. She has trusted employees. Pinkie can also come to an understanding with the cakes. Fluttershy has no one else to run her shelter/sanctuary and the wonderbolts don't seem like the relaxed and easily forgiving types. AJ might be able to leave the farm to big Mac and AN, but it's shown she does a significant brunt there too.

The whole thing is just a mess overall though. Fuck this diversity school shit.
>>
>>32648012
Jim has already blamed Hasbro's execs for this.
>>
>>32623304
Sad!
>>
>>32623304
in other words
deus ex machina
>>
>>32652552
I mean it's shit, but it's... not that.
>>
they reopened the mirror pool?
>>
>>32623304
>expecting writers to come up with a comprehensive schedule for every character on screen so they can know how much free time they have.
This is why /mlp/ "criticism" is worthless.
>>
wpe

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.