[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 3-Amy-Winehouse-AP.jpg (791 KB, 2048x1536)
791 KB
791 KB JPG
What if she actually went to rehab?
>>
We'd get more of her music

And I'd say no, no, no
>>
>>74530958
Kek
>>
She did: http://www.rehabs.com/pro-talk-articles/love-and-addiction-part-ii-amy-winehouse/

Wasn't enough, though. Alcoholism and depression led to her death.
>>
I wonder about musician deaths sometimes. Wouldn't it be cool to be in a world with a 70+ year old Janis Joplin or Jimi Hendrix giving slow concerts at your local theater?

I've seen a few like that and it's cool even if they're old.
>>
>>74531813
They probably wouldn't be praised as much if they hadn't died. The music industry considers dying young the best thing you could do for your career because everyone romanticizes you and wonders what could've been. You didn't live long enough to make that first "bad album" so your track record is squeaky clean, and that makes you look better.
>>
>>74531813
A lot of them would have become parodies of their former selves. Look at We Are the World.

Like I guess The Who or The Rolling Stones and many other older acts aren't that embarrassing. But it's hard to imagine how Jim Morrison would have turned out. Him as a nostalgia act would have been pathetic, so I guess ironically the only way he could have aged with artistic dignity would have been to grow into some old eccentric 'old Marlon Brando' type.

I've wondered about Kurt too. What it would have looked like if he were around during all that nu-metal and post-grunge stuff. Would Nirvina have been a 'cool' (but diminishedly so) act through all that somehow? Or would the decrepitude of the style have driven him to disgust? And then how would he have responded, musically, through all the 00s indie stuff?
>>
this thread made me do a think
>>
>>74531925

Most of the '60s performers went through their parody phase in the 1980s. Nowadays they're just old people doing whatever, other than the A-list guys who still fill stadiums like the Stones.

I've seen Hot Tuna in concert a bunch of times. Fun knowing these chill old blues dudes were on the stage at Woodstock.
>>
>>74531925
I think Kurt would have just done a lot more music in the vein of the unplugged concert, lots of acoustic ''''folky'''' stuff

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.