[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: daily.png (31 KB, 1073x740)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
The point of these threads is to encourage exploration, by listening to and discussing albums we've not heard before. Typically, this is done by making a chart of albums, then listening to and discussing one album from the chart each day. Expand your horizons! Explore outside your comfort zone! Listen to music!

>make charts
https://www.neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
https://plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
http://daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

Previously, on /daily/: >>80671488
>>
first
>>
File: IMG_4835.jpg (70 KB, 363x255)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>
jimmy jazz
>>
I learned how to play the Nationwide jingle by ear completely by myself. Let me know your thoughts.
https://vocaroo.com/i/s1PXg58cpljy
>>
chomp chomp onkyo comp
>>
>>80712883
lmao who dis nerdddd
>>
>>80713139
Ron Boots you frickin peptide
>>
>>80713139
No wait I got him mixed up, it's Ron Berry
I was the peptide all along
>>
<--------O------------O---O-----O
Pac-man ^
>>
>>80713182
is he worth checking out (not sexually)
>>
>>80713187
no
>>
>>80713252
shut the fuck up
>>
>>80713234
His first four albums are very solid prog electronic that overcome the corny part of their genre associations, id reccomend Osiris
>>
>>80713292
sounds cool i'll check him out
>>
>>80713286
how about YOU shut the fuck up donkey
>>
>>80712883
>>
any good introspective noise rock albums? feeling quite sad
>>
>>80713375
the yours - Teenagarten
>>
>>80712669
great op pic who made this
>>
>>80713416
me
>>
>>80713375
Lowercase - All Destructive Urges... Seem So Perfect
>>
jimmy jazz
>>
>>80713368
jesus
>>
>>80713430
you got talent kid
>>
>>80713583
<3
>>
File: DQNfNwoXkAEz_bf.jpg (378 KB, 2048x1364)
378 KB
378 KB JPG
>>80713368
>New Age, Speeches, Christian Liturgical Music
boy his discography really spirals off in the later years
>>
>>80713624
which artist has the most absurd variation in their discography?
>>
>>80713684
a tie between ween and kanye
>>
>>80713706
absolutely not kanye lmao
>>
>>80713706
absolutely not ween lmao
>>
>>80713759
>>80714043
shut up
>>
>>80714190
i can somewhat understand ween but why kanye?
>>
>>80713706
DUDE WEEN LMAO
>>
>>80711210
is 10 the norm? 10 sounds decent
>>
jihmjahz
>>
jimmitri jazzovich
>>
>>80707996
ah well i look forward to all that haha
cheers for the recs, appreciate it
>>80708446
kek, fucking love karl
>>
rec me top tier breakbeat ok?
>>
>>80715809
don't listen to him diff eq's is great
at least for me it's probably the best math class i ever took cuz my professor was incredible

>>80715843
does Bong-Ra - Old Skool Armageddon count?
>>
>>80715985
it certainly does, thanks
>>
File: 15.jpg (2.44 MB, 2528x1610)
2.44 MB
2.44 MB JPG
Got really high with some friends yesterday, someone wanted to watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Og5Tg_Jyo and it somehow reminded me of Clara Rockmore's Theremin album. We listened to it and everybody enjoyed it, good times.
/blog

Thinking about seeing Hiroshi Hasegawa tonight, he cool?
>>
ass
>>
>>80717124
>Thinking about seeing Hiroshi Hasegawa tonight, he cool?
yes definitely a good idea
>>
File: IMG_5610.jpg (2.52 MB, 4032x3024)
2.52 MB
2.52 MB JPG
Good morning /daily/! Whats everyone listening to today?
Finally got a morning to myself so I've got an amazing line up of Jazz records I picked up at the local store the other day that I'm planning to burn through, pic related.
Which should be my 500th rating, Don Cherry or Sun Ra? Listening to that Coltrane concert now, fucking incredible!
>>
>>80717726
good shit
Probably the cherry record cuz it's more iconic even though I'm not as much a fan of it as others tend to be

i'm listening to lamb's music
>>
>>80717803
lamb has really good taste, might copy that drone chart in the future.
anything of note so far?
>>
>>80717897
there's been a lot of 7's so far so it's been great
plus i gave this an 8
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/λενα_πλατωνος/το_αηδονι_του_αυτοkρατορα/
>>
Is folk truly a genre you can come to universally appreciate, or is it actually the case that a lot of it is dull?
>>
File: 1523974275717.jpg (12 KB, 226x224)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>80717929
>Opera
>Minimal Synth
>Progressive Electronic
damn, didn't know I needed this in my life until now.
>>
File: Freeform Chart 12.png (2.31 MB, 1560x720)
2.31 MB
2.31 MB PNG
i'm just gonna leave some scores, ask for thoughts if ya want em

Wolves in the Throne Room - Diadem of 12 Stars (2006)
>atmospheric black metal

King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard - I'm in Your Mind Fuzz (2014)
>psychedelic rock, garage rock

The Chills - Kaleidoscope World (1986)
>jangle pop, dunedin sound

3.0+

Thee Headcoats - Beach Bums Must Die (1990)
>garage punk

2.5+
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (50 KB, 916x371)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>hop onto RYM
>first thing I see is shoe rating Benn Jordan music
what are the odds
>>
>>80717957
what kind of folk are you talking about specifically
or do you just mean folk music from all over the world
>>
>>80718418
Western folk, 1 guy with a guitar.
>>
Fucking hell, this is the first time I've written a review that was too long.

>Zomba Prison Project - I Have No Everything Here
The music isn't bad, but the curation is very misguided. The focus is on songs written by the inmates of a maximum security prison in Malawi, emphasis on "written by the inmates," because they clearly tried as hard as they could to avoid anything that could be construed as a field recording. Well, except for the part where they left in a 15 second excerpt of the women inmates candidly singing and dancing, which just leaves me scratching my head. Some of the other songs fade out seemingly before they're done as well, and the baffling decisions only continue from there. My biggest issue is the lack of any translations of the Chichewa lyrics despite the song titles being translated, as well as a lack of any information about the prison beyond the absolute basics (it's overcrowded, some people are in for dubious reasons, etc.). There's also the fact that it's tagged as a recording project rather than tagging the individual artists for each track, though they're properly credited on the back of the CD. Again, this is probably their effort to not make an "exotic" field recording album, but it just makes it harder to get a feel for the context in which these songs were made.
(tbc)
>>
>>80718485
I personally think a lot folk music is really fun
there is a lot of it that is v simple yes but i dont believe that's a quality that is inherently bad
what i think adds on to the appeal of that kind of folk music are probably the lyrics, seeing as a lot of folk music utilizes fun storytelling that i think is something you might call "universally appreciated" like you did in your post
>>
File: tryhard chart.png (1.22 MB, 1979x1183)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
>>80718513
As for the music itself, it's generally a lot more familiar than you'd expect. A couple of the early tracks feature a basic guitar/bass/drums ensemble, and the rest of the tracks are either just acoustic guitar or a capella with no percussion. The guitar tracks in particular honestly sound just like western indie folk, and I'm not sure what to make of that. The a capella tracks are probably the most interesting to me; for example, the rhythm of Jealous Neighbor is truly infectious, and I Kill No More and Goodbye All My Friends, the only songs on the album with English lyrics, make a strong impact despite their extreme brevity (once again, it makes me wish I could understand the lyrics of the other songs).
I don't know why I wrote so much about this. It's only 30 minutes long, and feels a bit lacking despite the promising set-up.
3.0-

>Aurelio - Landini
>Lakou Mizik - Wa Di Yo
I'm reviewing these together because they're both Caribbean music (Garifuna and Haitian respectively) and I got a similar impression from them. The strong points are the rhythmic percussion and the vocal interplay (both vocal harmonies and some call and response on Wa Di Yo). Unfortunately, most of the songs sound pretty similar to me and end up running together. Wa Di Yo is slightly more interesting to me due to the more varied instrumentation including horns and accordion, as well as some extremely brisk and upbeat tracks that are quite nice.
3.0/3.0+

In any case, all of these albums are fairly short and available on streaming sites, so you might as well just listen to them yourself if you're interested.
>>
>>80718410
:0

>>80718485
i used to think this way
listen to stranger folk would be my rec
>>
>>80718522
>>80718584
That's fair enough. There are exceptions to me that are very simple yet good, but I do think the narrowness of how varied it can be goes against it.
Some of the spin-off genres are very fun but there's so little of it in comparison.
>>
>>80718608
i mean yeah it's kind of narrow if you restrict it to one guy with a guitar. try this
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/戸張大輔/ギター-guitar/
>>
do be do be do ba do be do be do ba
>>
the anon droning me isn't coming back are they :`'’(
>>
>>80718667
I'm still here! I haven't posted reviews because I'm self-conscious of my writing but I've found some really interesting stuff. I'm on my phone now but I'll post my progress on the chart once I get home if you want!
>>
/daily/ chart? more like daily shart
>>
hey exams week starting today

music to listen while killing myself?

on a side note, listened to KIDS SEE GHOSTS today, very fun album, not too long, has really good ideas. The first track is a banger but imo it doesn't have any weak tracks in it. The production is also great (thanks based Kanye)
>>
>>80718824
haha okay :)
it's all up to you what you post

>>80718848
fuuuuuuckkk!!!!!!!
>>
>>80718891
the title track's chorus is terrible imo. but yeah, fantastic production. and yeah, first track is absolutely phenomenal. catchy and anthemic as hell.
>>
>>80718848
this is abuse. i am a shart survivor and i cant believe people like you exist. imagine if somebody you love was a victim of sharting. would you still say such insensitive things?
>>
>>80718891
>tfw you never added me on rym
also yes I am two finals in already, two to go
>>
>>80718608
>>80718634
oh i thought we were talking about just traditional folk
if we're including more modern developments then i think the stuff gets p complex sometimes
i mean look at american primitivism
stuff is crazy with that kinda music
>>
>>80719563
But I did! :(
>>
>>80719642
The fuck
It never gave came up in my notifications :(
Anyway now I know your username so yay
>>
Hello /daily/!

Hyped about new Elder Scrolls. My only hope would be them going back to Morrowind style directions, but that's 100% not gonna happen.

I'm too tired to listen to anything today :(
>>
>>80719642
>tripfags
>>
jimmy newtron
>>
File: 8.png (54 KB, 518x566)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>80712669
Does anyone know any links or such where I can listen to John Fahey albums? Haven't really found an outlet for such and being completely ignorant of American Primitivism feel it'd be interesting to delve into his discography albeit at a later as at present one's knowledge of music theory isn't really as great as would be preferred to have a first listen to what's been one of the most hyped up albums to myself.

>>80720344
Good-day Dogwander, its nice to see you today!
>>
>>80721255
<3

In regards to Fahey, his entire discog is on Rutracker
>>
File: 1516217160331.jpg (2.23 MB, 3264x2448)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB JPG
>tfw listened to my favourite music so intensely on MDMA last week that I don't feel like listening to music at all right now
songs for this feel?
>>
>>80721255
american primitivism sucks LOL
>>
>>80721238
jimmy newfag
>>
File: topsters2 (1).png (951 KB, 3396x1201)
951 KB
951 KB PNG
some stuff
[1/2]

John Fahey - Vol 3: Dance of Death & Other Plantation Favorites

As usual, Fahey delivers. The master and founder of the American primitivist style performs wonderful music on this record, playing all sorts of varied melodies from music more akin to his blues roots, pieces that one could call more grand or adventurous and tunes that are simply pleasant, relaxing and calm. It's a consistent release running only a little bit shorter than 46 minutes. There's not much to say. It's John Fahey. He's just great.

Anaal Nathrakh - In the Constellation of the Black Widow

Now THIS is what I want from black metal albums. I'm tired of giving black metal releases a try and ending up with some sort of edgy pseudo-folk crap that sounds like corny bullshit out of a mediocre RPG game. Now, I'm not saying this isn't corny in its own way and that I have a problem with other people who listen to that stuff, it's just not my thing. My thing is black metal like Anaal Nathrakh's 34 minute fiery joyride. There is no room for RPG cheese in this release for it focuses more on being fast and heavy than it does trying to sound like shitty Lord of the Rings. Every instrument on this release is played with max intensity, creating an incredibly enjoyable album for those days when you feel like indulging in some good ol' unadulterated, hyper edgy black metal fun. My biggest complaint is probably that I'm not fond of the moments in the album when the vocalist goes clean. It is then that I feel the shitty RPG vibes I was talking about earlier but he doesn't do it much so the albums stays consistent despite these brief unenjoyable sections. If you're like me and prefer kickass intensity over anything else in metal, check this out, it's fuckin' awesome. If you're like me and have similar recs, send em over please, this is what I need in metal.
>>
>>80723188
[2/2]

Sound Ceremony - s/t

Sound Ceremony's s/t is one of those albums that fits the bill of "outsider music". Essentially, it's simple and repetitive rock that really does nothing special, not even sounding very pleasant to my ears and honestly would be pure boring if it weren't for the album's vocals. Now the singer and composer of this album, Ron Warren Ganderton, is what really makes the record a treat to listen to with his eccentric vocal stylings and interesting childlike lyrics. Alternating between punk spoken word and off-key attempts at singing, Ganderton sings about a variety of topics from the joys of rock music to his hatred for tobacco to welcoming people to the wild and wonderful world of the bizarre, a world that he clearly is quite well acquainted with. It's not something I'd listen to again because I personally found it incredibly bland and not very pleasant but it was an interesting experience and definitely something work checking out, especially if you're a fan of "outsider music".
>>
>>80723188
baritone vocal's dont define rpg's
>I'm tired of giving black metal releases a try and ending up with some sort of edgy pseudo-folk crap
have you listened to any bm that wasn't prefixed with "pagan" or "atmospheric" before?
>similar recs
tbf Anaal takes from a bunch of other subgenres but like any generic norsecore like Dark Funeral, 1349 or Sammath could probably offer what you're describing that you're looking for
especially rec Gorgoroth - Under the Sign of Hell tho, similar vocal style
>>
>>80723853
>have you listened to any bm that wasn't prefixed with "pagan" or "atmospheric" before?
yeah ofc and theres a good amount of black metal i actually like
ive found so much tho that has these cheesy melodies that i really dont dig
perhaps i just need to check out more of the classics
>tbf Anaal takes from a bunch of other subgenres but like any generic norsecore like Dark Funeral, 1349 or Sammath could probably offer what you're describing that you're looking for
>especially rec Gorgoroth - Under the Sign of Hell tho, similar vocal style
seems cool
thanks for the recs, transgod
>>
>>80724026
try Havohej - Dethrone the Son of God
>>
>>80724088
>28 minutes
short and sweet, nice
thanks for the rec schum
>>
what's /daily/'s favorite classical composer?
>>
>>80725197
Maybe Morton Feldman or Olivier Messiaen or Xenakis?
>>
I VOMIT ON GOD'S CHILD
>>
>>80724088
Hahaha I forgot about the last song on this
So GOOD
>>
jimmy jazz
>>
jimmy jazz
>>
File: 1528610115733.jpg (96 KB, 608x606)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
Ji y a zz
>>
File: rq62aovbwf311.jpg (301 KB, 2048x2048)
301 KB
301 KB JPG
Has your opinion changed on KSG /daily/? Be honest
>>
>>80726716
tons of people here gave it good reviews you crazy dog
>>
>>80726716
i refuse to form an opinion on ksg
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (492 KB, 2616x1744)
492 KB
492 KB JPG
#FreeBobby
>>
>>80726716
Umm if he thinks KSG is a 10/10 just wait till he hears Dark Side of the Moon...
>>
blump
>>
>>80727139
Yeah, why'd you delete this?
>>
File: 1313391.jpg (39 KB, 500x472)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
damn space ambient is woke af
>>
What's your favorite Sonic slush drink?
>>
bit late but happy 4th birthday, /daily/!
>>
>>80728322
ocean water
>>
>>80728382
it never ends
>>
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/can/soundtracks/
>>
File: Untitled.png (82 KB, 808x757)
82 KB
82 KB PNG
*starts reading review*
wow this review is really fucking stupid
*looks at username*
oh okay
>>
>>80712669
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwC35PypFxo
>>
>>80728382
oh my fucking god i can't believe it's been that long
>>
>>80729029
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsqX8TQQyEY
>>
jammy jizz
>>
File: u.jpg (44 KB, 400x278)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
it's my turn on the computer
you've been on there all day so far and i really wanna play miniclip
>>
some1 post discord pls
>>
discord
>>
File: Freeform Chart 12.png (2.41 MB, 1560x720)
2.41 MB
2.41 MB PNG
David Bowie - Tonight (1984)
>pop rock, dance-pop, new wave

Before this record, Bowie only had two truly bad albums, his bizarre, vaudeville-influenced debut, and the ill-informed cover album Pin Ups. While these albums might be pretty poor and a major step down from the quality usually synonymous with Bowie, they're at least somewhat entertaining in a "so bad its good way". This commits the cardinal sin of being entirely boring and uninteresting to listen to. The first track is actually pretty decent, after that the album falls off into an abyss of pop reggae and soul-crushingly boring AOR.

Neil Young - Trans (1983)
>synthpop, electronic

This is probably the hottest take I've ever had—I genuinely prefer this to both After the Gold Rush and Harvest. And this isn't something I believe out of contrarian hate for Neil Young as a whole, I love Neil Young, and while this is definitely one of his weaker albums, it brings something interesting to the table that those two just lack. The synthpop sound is actually executed pretty decently, it doesn't sound like a rock artist trying out new toys, it just sounds like a pretty average synthpop album with some rock influences. It's certainly not a great album, but a remarkably decent experiment.

2.0+

Ratking - So It Goes (2014)
>east coast hip hop, abstract hip hop, experimental hip hop

Really fun hip hop release. 50 minutes is genuinely a really good length for a hip hop album, and I find very few albums in the genre around that length, so this is pretty refreshing. The production is immaculate, every single beat is danceable yet experimental, dense, and immaculately put together. There's not a lot of variation in the sound, but the energy is high. I prefer Wiki quite a bit more than Hak, but the lyrics are always great, abstract yet gritty and gripping.

3.0-

>>80729091
family guy funny moments
>>
>>80729578
https://discord.gg/fGQPZq
>>
>>80729739
you like lets dance?
>>
these movie trailers are not up to my standards of quality
>>
>>80729783
the first three tracks are really good, the rest is bland. all in all i wouldn't call it a bad album.
>>
>>80729771
what about the daily discord
>>
>>80729832
fair enough, i agree
>>
Is there a better DSBM album?
>>
>>80714405
Here ye go. If you want specific recordings for the classical pieces, I could give you some, but usually recording quality of what you find with the first few results of an online search is good enough.
>>
File: ten from torts.jpg (389 KB, 2332x756)
389 KB
389 KB JPG
>>80714405
oh it might be useful to actually upload the image hmm...
>>
>>80714405
o, the Red Velvet album is the 12 track album, not the EP with the same name, just in case.
>>
A reminder that you have 3 more days to participate in the onkyo listenalong! Me personally, I thought it was a very cool listen.

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/schumacher/_%E3%83%87%E3%82%A4%E3%83%AA_s-weekly-onkyo-listenalong/
>>
File: dusxcogp.png (701 KB, 600x600)
701 KB
701 KB PNG
if anybody wishes to peer more into my private life I updated this: https://rateyourmusic.com/list/_natkingcole_/nerd-describes-his-life-through-music/
>>
File: Freeform Chart 12.png (2.48 MB, 1560x720)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB PNG
Ray LaMontagne - Trouble (2004)
>contemporary folk, singer/songwriter

Van Morrison updated for modern times. Your enjoyment of this album will depend entirely on whether that description sounds enticing to you. LaMontagne really does sound exactly like Morrison, but what's going on behind him isn't nearly as interesting. Morrison's music is swirling, well-arranged, with influences from jazz and celtic music. LaMontagne is just singing over typical contemporary folk music that doesn't fit his fantastic voice at all.

2.5-

The Soft Moon - The Soft Moon (2010)
>post-punk

Pretty successfully updates the more gothic side of early '80s post-punk, but it amounts to little more than a gray mass of sound. The sound is cool, the production is dark and eerie, I just can't be bothered to care about what little songwriting actually appears here.

2.0+
>>
>>80731284
I thought it was alright, Sugimoto doesn't tend to do anything for me
I feel like I'm bound to find something that really impresses me in his discography, eventually
>>
here's a chart i think i'm gonna be postin bout soon. it has a focus on hnw, pe, and classical

>>80731488
it took me a while to really appreciate sugimoto
he's definitely an odd one out when it comes to onkyo (especially because he abjectly places more importance on tone than texture)
i'm probably gonna have a more onkyo-y onkyo next week
>>
I can't believe it, we live in a world where Microsoft won E3
>>
>>80731314
neat!
glad I can finally feel justified in liking Yo La Tengo.
>>
>>80729447
Yum
>>
>>80731652
yo la tengo fucking rock! no need for justification.
>>
>>80731531
>especially because he abjectly places more importance on tone than texture
the way he approached felt very typical to outside genres that work within tonal play, and with the size of his work I feel like my opinion of it will drop further as I progress

I realize he played a part of Wedding Ceremony (which I think is a great representative for lowercase), but it really doesn't compare to Opposite or カルテット (Quartet).

also that martin bladh interpretation of buyer's market was somewhat interesting, but also underwhelmed me in its usage of the source material. Buyers Theme 1 is a hell of an opener, at least. I only listened to a portion of Buyer's Market, so maybe that played a part in my opinion
>>
people told me against all logic was mediocre...why did they do this
>>
some kind of game is better than 90% of the mediocre deep house I've heard any of you praise I swear y'all just don't know what's up
>>
>>80731927
cuz u gay

>>80731314
this is a great read nat i like it a lot
>>
>>80731944
where'd you put the real anon he's always nice and buys me treats
>>
>>80731944
also i cry laughed at the parts about you mowing the lawn to darkthrone and being on the toilet when you found out about bowie's death.
>>
File: t3t5lt4_d.jpg (23 KB, 640x640)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>80731966
i'm gunna git u fishmans
>>
>>80731927
>>80731942
listen man i gave it a 3.5 its my AOTY you should've listened to me

>>80731944
>this is a great read nat i like it a lot
thanks man!

>>80731990
to this day, I still listen to darkthrone whenever I mow the lawn. it fits too well!
>>
>>80732058
can't kill me i'm a bad bitch

>>80732118
why do daily people not like music that is fun anymore
>>
Does any body here have refs for albums that are similar to Coil’s The Ape of Naples, at least in terms of aesthetics/atmosphere/mood?
>>
>>80732216
you mean like superorganism
hehee fun
>>
>>80732210
oops meant for >>80732289

actually no ape of naples is just like superorganism, for sure exactly
>>
>>80732305
i'll give your mom a superorgasm
>>
>>80732305
Really? Superorganism seems to be just some quirky lighthearted pop. Ape of Naples is some techno-gothic shit
>>
File: DdeUyRfU8AE0ZQ8.jpg (111 KB, 1090x1454)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>80732332
your in for a world of hurt

>>80732377
I'm very sorry for that reply, anon. That was a Jangle jokepost, you didn't deserve that.
>>
>>80732404
So do you know of any recs for albums atmospherically similar to Ape of Naples?
>>
File: ape nipples.jpg (29 KB, 500x332)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>80732503
was pretty tough but I found some
>>
>>80732377
Look for some minimal wave/darkwave
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/carla-dal-forno/you-know-what-its-like-1/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/tropic_of_cancer/restless_idylls/
>>
>>80732503
Einstürzende Neubauten has some stuff pretty similar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnnGYaqjW-A

both groups were pretty influential to each others' sounds
>>
>>80732503
it's not totally the same, but so I don't rec the same stuff as ethyboy, I'd recommend looking into early industrial music if you haven't
(Nurse With Wound is my fav)
>>
still haven't gotten around to listening to algiers
>>
>>80732831
thats okay
>>
>>80732556
I just wanna come back to this for a sec and point out how great a post this is
>>
jimmy jazz
>>
>>80733394
thanks

>>80733407
fuck off
>>
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the-speciesists/jimmy-jazz/
>>
>>80733427
im just bumping the thread you fucking asshole, suck my dick
>>
>>80733438
don't
>>
>>80733447
but you just did
and im sorry for calling you an asshole
>>
>>80733438
i'll bump you off a cliff, motherfucker!
>>
>>80733462
oh yeah?
>>
File: car.jpg (66 KB, 1200x801)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>80733476
dodge this, asswipe!
>>
>>80733622
*backflips over car*
I don't want to fight you!
>>
File: knife throw.webm (769 KB, 640x360)
769 KB
769 KB WEBM
>>80733662
*tch*
I'm just getting started...
HYAAA!!!
>>
>>80733804
*teleports behind you*
*unzips katana*
*impales you through the heart*
Psssssh... nothin' personnel...... kid...
*tips fedora*
*vanishes into the night*
>>
>>80733818
>>80733804
>>80733662
>>80733622
No roleplaying in the forums, please
>>
>>80733835
*kills you*
>>
>>80733804
*catches knife with mouth and spits it on the ground*
This is your last warning, kiddo!
>>80733818
please do not impersonate me, this has nothing to do with you.
>>
>>80733895
okay, I'm sorry anon. I love you
*rims you*
>>
>>80733843
look schu, I know you're the up and coming trip. But you gotta slow down on those posts, be cautious of their quality! you can't keep toying with these anons that only post jimmy jazz and/or ironically rp! You post a lot, and you need to set a better example for the younger anons who don't have a grasp on the /daily/ mythos. You're better than this, and I know you can change!
>>
>>80733922
i love you too, shoe!
*says while jimmy jizzing*
>>
>>80733957
If it weren't for jimmy jazz posters daily would be extinct.
>>
>>80733957
*brings you back to life*
*kisses you*
but there was poison on my lips
>>
>>80733957
shoe is cooler than you, fuck off.
>>
File: 1528613256250.jpg (35 KB, 500x375)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>80733994
I wish daily was alive because Jimmy jazz posted not because of Jimmy jazz posters
>>
{:|
>>
metal gear jimmy jazz
>>
File: lamb drone.png (3.42 MB, 1350x1440)
3.42 MB
3.42 MB PNG
Tom Csatari - Uncivilized (2014)
Chamber Jazz, Experimental Big Band
bleemp blom weep woob wombb, hey! Extremely solid writing. Writing that feels like sitting on a nice couch. Super tight too. Super competant playing all around. Sometimes exhibiting the same pros as something like The Epic but without being extremely distended. "Pale Rider" was awesome, felt like a jazzy combination of country western and medieval classical.

blacksheep - blacksheep (2008)
Chamber Jazz, Avant-Garde Jazz
chamberr jaaaaazzzzz chaaaamberrr jjaaaAAAaazzz.... this album is very chamber jazz. The piano playing is probably the highlight on this album for me. It feels like Sugadairo has taken a yoke and strapped it firmly to Bill Evans and is capriciously forcing him to run every which way. The piano tends to form the backbone of these songs while the trombone and saxophone waver between doing their own thing and furthering the progression of the song. There are a bunch of nice moments where the players do little things to play off of one another. Also the sax playing is pretty damn nice, making judicious, satisfying use of growls.

Mahalik Halili - Bon Voyage! (1991)
Synthpop, J-Pop
A crossroads of Kate Bush, Runescape, and Zoboomafoo nostalgia with a splash of Akiko Yano. This was a really cool combination, and some of the songs were really great. I literally grasped my head in awe at the initial breakdown of "Siz." "Fake" also really stood out with its strange and excellent use of brass synths (There's damn good synthwork in general on this album). Plus this clap that comes in at one point on the offbeats was so charming. "Moon" had Skullgirls vibes. I wish that there were a little less cheese in the congwriting, and I'd be able to give this an 8, but I still really enjoyed it.
>>
>>80734427
Kumio Kurachi - I Heard the Ground Sing (2003)
Jazz-Rock, Experimental Rock
Silly lil jazz-rock record. At times, the tempos waver like a drunk is playing the drums. At other times, the songs have a similar emotional flow to a post-rock song. There's an omnipresent vibrato-heavy sax which I'm pretty ambivalent towards. The only song that really stood out a lot to me was "La tierra estaba cantando!" which had some excellent spoken word.

Yukiko Okada - シンデレラ (1984)
J-Pop
I actually have heard this record before, but it was a while ago and I've actually been meaning to give it another listen (It was one of the first albums I ever found through rym after googling "80s j-pop"). I really didn't appreciate this thing enough when I first encountered it, and since I've become a bit of a sucker for good kayoukyoku-style writing in the meantime, I'm loving this revisit. I would pick out songs to point out specific things from, but seriously everything on here is absolutely excellent. Every song is brimming with complex layers of cutesy, bouncing synths. Small touches and little flourishes abound. Okay, I'll pick out two songs to talk about. "風の中のカフェテラス" has a really great chorus and "Plastic Girl" is above and beyond in the production category.
>>
haha this thread sucks
>>
can't believe music was invented in 1990
>>
Is there a good Xenakis album/compilation that's not too big but doesn't miss his most important compositions? Can't find anything that's good enough (which would mean me getting more than one recording).
>>
>>80735210
avant meme god of poo
>>
I am far too intelligent to bump this thread by saying "jimmy jazz", only an absolute moron would find such a thing amusing...
>>
>>80735491
but you aren't intelligent enough to see the thread didn't need bumping
>>
>>80735491
suck my jammy jizz
>>
bump
>>
File: 1528750020203.gif (30 KB, 97x202)
30 KB
30 KB GIF
Good morning /daily/! What's everyone listening plan today?

Finally going to check out Steve Reich Music for 18 Musicians before knocking off my 500th rating with a Don Cherry record.
>>
I don't have the ability to create the perfect opportunity for your interest in the war. They thought it would probably work best for a new comment from the truth.
>>
we /dead/ boys
>>
>>80738842
good lord this place is a cemetery now.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (243 KB, 1280x720)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
https://youtu.be/8zMg-eyAnYo
>>
https://twitter.com/90sTechnoQuotes

“Te quero.” -6 Bells All, Te Guero (1991)
https://youtu.be/zp695OpZI1Y
>>
Quick bump. Mostly reviewing Dead shows on my blog right now.

>Donnie and Joe Emerson - Dreamin' Wild (1979)

This occupies a Goldilocks zone: not too conventional, not too naive. The musicians brothers on the all-time great album cover were only teenagers and this album effectively bankrupted the Emerson family. I don't think they're musical geniuses in that they understood how this album would sound to us. But on the other hand, they have quite a knack for melody, just not necessarily tied to any relevant place or time. No, what makes this an enduring classic is how much humanity peeks through the cracks. It's hermetic but it can't be separated from an off-kilter loneliness and teenage longing. They might have set out to create a blue-eyed soul chart-topper but they ended up showing more of themselves than they could have anticipated. Consider Stan Hubb's Crystal as an outsider proxy: "Golden Rose" is an accidental heartbreaking microcosm in the same way "Baby" is here.
7.5/10
>>
>>80739444
>Phish - Live at Madison Square Garden: New Year's Eve 1995 (2005)

Legendary. A disproportionate number of Phish fans consider this the best Phish show ever. In all honesty, I don't even consider it the best New Year's Eve show (that would be the untouchable 12/31/99 show, of course). Yeah, it's a New Year's Eve show at Madison Square Garden, so that gives it a decent-sized bump, but it's also the ultimate form of this balls-to-the-wall version of the band. There's especially this hungry, aggressively deep-digging style that they played with at this time. Listen to how locked in and badly they want it, whatever "it" is. It's three sets, of course, and they don't want to waste anytime, so the setlist is loaded.

So it's immaculate playing--really, nitpick and point out any flaws here--with totally flawless solos and segues, astounding nonverbal cues between musicians. Drowned is an all-time great performance (do you hear a Fire on the Mountain tease?), Mike's Song as experimental as it gets. Weekapaug Groove is predictably killer. So, yes, they're totally firing on all cylinders left and right. If I have one criticism it's that for how perfectly this is all performed and improvised, I'm not otherwise inspired. I don't feel their message as strongly as I do with the Down with Disease that opens 12/31/99. Really a petty criticism, I'm aware.
7/10
>>
Loyle Carner is the best rapper I currently know of
>>
File: 13.png (424 KB, 768x800)
424 KB
424 KB PNG
>>80712669
Apologies for the bragging (require an outlet to express forthcoming happiness), brother's having a child and as such I'm feeling rather elated, needed somewhere to churlishly gloat so apologies for such. Probably going to give up on sleep due to workload today though that's fine for experiencing new albums. Been listening through Dire Straits discography and found Communique to be of great enjoyment - also amused me hearing Walk of Life, has no idea it was a Dire Straits track. The synthesizer organ melody being something I mistook for an 80's Rod Stewart track though the vocals immediately proved otherwise.

Are there any cases where you've affiliated a song with one artists and been completely disproved, or otherwise have false memories towards certain tracks?

>>80739455
At risk of sounding insouciant always thought Phish was a trip, no? If it isn't dull to do so would it be okay asking you what the artist is like and how one should go about experiencing them?

>>80737606
If lucky might get home from work earlier due to summer and if so will re-listen through Dire Straights again and other artists (particularly Ingamadji Mujos Nemo's "Offensive Dala"), then see what three 1001 ABYD albums are up for past 00:00 A.M. then likely Inflicted Division's discography alongside that of the power-violence band Nails, Химepa, KMFDM and ZZ Top - if I can wedge it in there perhaps the 15th run through of Daydream Nation, used to hate it whence reliant on poor speakers though using a headset caused it to sound incredible much the case with most artists I suppose. Apologies for borderline blog-posting.
>>
>>80739715
Yeah, forget about the stigma, of course. Check out live shows front to back (preferably on YouTube, so you have visual), the flow of the show is important. Don’t even get caught up in whether or not you like a certain song, each performance can vary wildly. They especially have a really ballsy approach to improvisation (or even jamming) that can take a single song pretty much anywhere, flow in and out of other songs, etc. They especially have serious technical abilities and are able to communicate with each other well musically. It’s all about a certain brand of improvisation.
>>
File: file.png (194 KB, 295x305)
194 KB
194 KB PNG
>>80739444
oh shid nice trips
Dreamin' Wild was such a good album, especially loved the track "Good Time". Such a good summer song. They should have been much bigger than they were.
>>80739715
congrats on being an uncle soon! I know I would be just as excited.
Could never really get into Dire Straits or Sonic Youth, but I guess I should give them another try.
Wasn't Daydream Nation their sellout album?
>>
>>80740142
Glad you liked it! Really odd, unique vibe to it
>>
File: weatherreport1982.jpg (73 KB, 1000x1003)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
https://youtu.be/_1cTdKyA4i8
>>
>Ridley in Smash
Music for this feel?
>>
>>80740450
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TVVQvk5KbM
>>
File: topsters2 (11).jpg (593 KB, 3424x1201)
593 KB
593 KB JPG
[1/2]

Prince Buster - Fly Flying Ska

Fun album. It's nothing really that special and the melodies aren't that great but this is the kind of thing that would be really neat if it was played at a club. It's not something I really find myself listening to much on my own though. I'd probably just listen to it if I'm really craving some first wave ska to dance to.

The Fuckin' Flyin' A-Heads - Swiss Cheese Back / Watching T.V.

This has to be one of the most underrated releases in noise rock history. Obviously, one of the best things about noise rock is that it's a genre filled with (gasp) crazy noise and this record has exactly that kind of stuff. It's a feedback overload with some psychedelic influences consisting of just two songs, both being absolute jams. I don't think I've heard anything with so awfully recorded in a while, but that is what adds to the appeal. It makes the music grimier than ever, dirty as it can be, which I think is more a positive than a negative in a genre like noise rock that doesn't really aim to be clean. This is one of those records meant to be listened to as loud as possible. The shit goes hard.
>>
>>80740775
[2/2]

Hannah Diamond - Soon I Won't See You at All

I like Pink and Blue a lot but damn I can't get into this one. Perhaps this is one of those cases where my main issue is I really that I simply don't dig a lot of the melodies or timbres used on the tracks here. It's definitely got ambition though. A.G. Cook has cool moments production-wise, but I think these production experiments simply don't always grab me because of one musical element or another that I personally found unappealing, unpleasant or (to put it harshly) possibly even unlistenable. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy parts of it though, as there were moments when I found myself going "hey, that's neat" but there were also certain moments that I found absolutely terrible (ahem ahem, the final minute of Concrete Angel). Overall, this EP really isn't for me but I guess I can see why some people think so highly of it. Maybe this opinion will change in the future. After all, I do tend to hate bubblegum bass releases at first only to enjoy them a lot later on.
>>
Dear Schumacher, I see you seem to be infatuated with your apparent recent discovery of Xasthur, and since it makes me happy to see anyone on /daily/ pay attention to a genre I've always enjoyed such as depressive black metal I shall advise you to check out:
https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Silencer/8476
https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Make_a_Change..._Kill_Yourself/42120
https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/When_Mine_Eyes_Blacken/3540271337
https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Exiled_from_Light/3540285884
https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Sorgeldom/3540288965
https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Lifelover/68417
https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Veil/26796
as good entry points to the genre in case you haven't yet.
>>
>>80730760
thanks very much! will get started on these tonight
>>
File: 1528690337075.png (56 KB, 213x204)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
>>80740450
>it's real
what timeline is this?
>>
>KSG
>Melon
>Grimes
>Pop Charts
>Kpop
>No Jazz general
>No RYM
>No /advanced/
surely /daily/ will rise above this and actually discuss music, right?
>>
>>80741718
yes
Nick Drake - Bryter Later
>>
https://youtu.be/w5eQuhBfDE0
thoughts? did you like their other albums?
>>
>>80741258
Nice! Hope you enjoy them :)
>>
>>80741718
/mu/ sucks
>>
>>80741718
>rym
>music discussion
it's just e-celeb worship. It's just /kpop/ for avant teens
>>
>>80741967
great post! keep it up!
>>80742420
isn't that *exactly* what /daily/ is?
>>
>>80742575
>isn't that *exactly* what /daily/ is?
no, /daily/ is a tripfag circlejerk containment thread.
>>
>>80742575
daily isn't good but it has at least some music discussion. rym has none

>>80742605
>implying rym isn't just as much of a containment thread
>>
>>80742625
>implying rym isn't just as much of a containment thread
well, you got me there...
>>
File: tolisten.jpg (3.13 MB, 2224x4433)
3.13 MB
3.13 MB JPG
hi guys :) update on my mucore chart. almost there!
>>
>>80740799
I'm a big fan of PC Music and I found SIWSYAA pretty disappointing

>>80741055
It's not a recent discovery, I just like to dip back into black metal every once in a while. Thanks for the recs, though!

>>80742810
woah holy cow
>>
>tfw relistening to Hannah Diamond singles and liking them way too much
o boi
>>80743400
what are yer favorite releases, man
i appear to be on a pc music binge now so i guess its time to check out more shit
>>
>>80743655
yeah the hannah diamond singles are choice ofc, product is also essential. I'm a big fan of the Sophie Boiler Room Mix, A.G. Cook's Illamasqua Mix, all of easyFun's stuff, GFOTYBUCKS, GFOTY & Spinee - Dog Food, both Kane West releases, PC Music x DISown Radio, and the Dead or Alive Stream
>>
>>80743733
have heard some of these
most notable one is probably Product
it's just good as a whole imo but holy hell I've listened to Bipp like a billion times its so catchy)
will check out those other recs
thanks man
>>
No advice on >>80735210?

Also, I was listening to some early Henry Cow recordings from 1971-1972. Pretty cool stuff, they used to sound much more "proggy" (like ELP), but still half-like canterbury (just less than their first recording).

>>80742810
stop plz
>>
>>80743995
why? I love doing this :) great way to discover stuff I normally wouldnt get recced :)
(although that hiphop list kinda sucked ass)
>>
>>80744010
because the /mu/core chart sucks desu
and it's also 84% rock music
drone the poseurcore/avant-teen/patriciancore charts instead, much more diversity (and good music) over there
>>
File: UPDATED.jpg (3.74 MB, 1781x4325)
3.74 MB
3.74 MB JPG
>>80744037
good point, was planning on doing this one once im done, but ill check out some charts you mentioned as well. thanks!
>>
>>80729739
>David Bowie - Tonight
>only had two truly bad albums [...] Pin Ups

Bowie about Tonight : "I thought it a kind of violent effort at a kind of Pin Ups"

makes sense
>>
>>80743995
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/wdr-sinfonieorchester-koln-ensemble-ars-nova-de-lo-r-t-f-orchestre-philharmonique-de-lo-r-t-f-ensemble-instrumental-de-musique-contemporaine-de-paris-michel-tabachnik-marius-constant-charles-bruck-konstantin-simonovich/iannis-xenakis-1922-2001/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/groupe-de-recherches-musicales/electronic-music/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/orchestre-national-de-lo_r_t_f-ensemble-instrumental-de-musique-contemporaine-de-paris-maurice-le-roux-konstantin-simonovich-yuji-takahashi/metastasis-pithoprakta-eonta/
>>
File: blueper.jpg (111 KB, 770x798)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
I heard these threads are dying

>>80728382
i guess i was introduced to it closer to the start than i realized
>>
hey /daily/ is the best place on /mu/

thx
>>
>>80744342
holy shit is this plug.dj and ex-collage ex-/daily/ empt?
how are you doing, its been so long
>>
>>80744383
wholesome post of correctness :)
>>
>>80744391
yes dj emptoo here
I'm doing so-so, no more or less so than usual
how're you
>>
Post qt monstergirls, discuss qt monstergirls, write about qt monstergirls. Especially qt birb girls. No futa, no traps. If you're into that kind of thing, please make your own thread instead.
>>
>>80744436
doing fine
on summer, currently feeling v insecure about my body tho so im exercising more
going to japan in 2 days so yay
what kinda music have you been listening to lately, man
last time we talked you were really into Maher Shalal Hash Baz (I have to look up that name every time I have to mention it) and all
>>
>>80744537
exercise is sick
have fun in japan, i've been watching a lot of anime so the weeb dream has gained some appeal for me
I got very into early 00's screamo for a month or two. i'm not on any [band/genre] kick right now though, just rotating through older favorites
>>
>>80744706
>have fun in japan, i've been watching a lot of anime so the weeb dream has gained some appeal for me
o boi
i havent watched anime in quite some time but my i still really love my favorites and kinda just vibe to their osts sometimes while im there
>I got very into early 00's screamo for a month or two. i'm not on any [band/genre] kick right now though, just rotating through older favorites
ah alright
i remember my screamo month or two
idk bout you but im p sure i was listening to the stuff cause it was a v bad time for me
i still like the screamo bands i got into around that time tho
good stuff
>>
>>80744805
it wasn't exactly an awful time
it wasn't great
stuff like orchid hits me hardest when i'm really frustrated and have a lot of energy built up, which has been more frequent lately i guess
>>
>>80744939
>stuff like orchid hits me hardest when i'm really frustrated and have a lot of energy built up, which has been more frequent lately i guess
same here p much
Orchid are one of my top artists on last.fm because of it
intense stuff
>>
Alan Lomax hated australians
>>
File: Freeform Chart 12.png (2.58 MB, 1560x720)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB PNG
Neil Young / Neil and The Shocking Pinks - Everybody's Rockin' (1983)
>rockabilly

This is it, the absolute nadir of Young's storied career. Legend has it that Young released this album as a big middle finger to Geffen Records after putting out Trans, and it seems like Young overshot this attack, because the record ends up as a giant middle finger to anybody who decides to listen to it. You genuinely can tell that everybody involved is having a pretty fun time making the most gobsmackingly awful, generic rockabilly ever recorded, but that can't save it. It's typical rockabilly cliches combined with horrid '80s production, I can't think of a worse, more odious combination. A 24-minute long endurance test.

Grateful Dead - Workingman's Dead (1970)
>folk rock, country rock

The Dead would majorly improve upon this sound with American Beauty, this is mostly inconsequential and bland. The album starts and ends fantastically, and everything in between is pretty lame. Not much else to say.

Natalie Prass - Natalie Prass (2015)
>chamber pop, pop soul

Prass' debut record operates with two sounds. One is a pretty lame pop soul sound. Prass' voice doesn't really fit the harder-edged instrumentals and the songs aren't really that great, just watered down Dusty Springfield, basically. The other sound is really beautiful, sweeping orchestral pop that I adore. The last song sounds like a Disney princess song, it's absolutely gorgeous.

2.0+
>>
>>80744276
Thank you :3
Are you recommending me to get all three though?
>>
>>80745401
I think they're all worth your time and they each cover different stuff. If you only want one, I'd just do the first
>>
>>80742688
>>80742714
i can't tell who's trolling who anymore
>>
Uhhh... I've BEEN fucking SLEEPING on this. I don't understand how I could miss it. This is the kind of album I've been waiting for any big 90s rapper to release since forever. Have no doubt, this is a west coast, gangsta rap masterpiece. I have a new fucking favorite. This is that OG fucking Death Row sound and it came out last fucking year. I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: Freeform Chart 12.png (2.65 MB, 1560x720)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB PNG
someone rec me a hex code PRONTO

Journey - Escape (1981)
>AOR, pop rock

"Don't Stop Believing", like "Africa" or "Bohemian Rhapsody", is one of those songs so thoroughly a part of our collective consciousness that it barely even registers as a song. I will readily admit to loving the other two songs, but "Don't Stop Believing" is a formulaic, maudlin, schmaltzy piece of garbage, I've always hated it and I always will. The rest of the album isn't quite as bad, but it's rarely anything more than by-the-numbers AOR. Just listen to Boston.

Bitch Magnet - Umber (1989)
>post-hardcore

The intensity and raw energy of Slint but without the care and precision. If RYM is to be believed, Umber was recorded in only two days, and it definitely shows. A lot of really good ideas seem rushed and brushed over without a care, and the band tends to focus on cool guitar heroics over interesting songwriting. That being said, the guitar work is really fantastic, and when the noise, energy, and grit is turned up to 11, it's great.

2.5+
>>
>>80747171
0ff0f0
>>
monster movie is the best can album
>>
>>80747955
the first track is the only good one, fuck off
>>
>>80747171
lol why you listening to all that dadrock
>>
>>80748251
fucking leave him alone asshole!
>>
jumbo jizz
>>
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlbumReviewTV
>>
music
discuss
>>
>>80747951
beautiful

>>80748251
i feel like it

just wait til i post my aerosmith review in a bit
>>
>>80744544
it's him... god himself...
>>
https://rateyourmusic.com/~_natkingcole_
>>
>>80750205
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Jimmy_Jazz
>>
>>80750610
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the_clash/london_calling/
>>
>>
>>80750803
Good post
>>
oh yeah!
>>
New Minglewood Blues
>>
>>80751368
halleluhwah
>>
Good morning /daily/!

Pic related is kinda ew

Listening to REM now
>>
>>80752936
im disgusted by what i see
>>
Product:

An eclectic compilation track of some truly strange experimental electronic sounds with occasional surges of Pop. The highs of this album are straight fire, Lemonade and Hard are especially good. I loved the fizzy bubbles and weird metallic compression. The lows are SO low though, Vyzee can only easily be explained as fart music (reminds me of Resident Evil Dual Shock Edition Basement theme) and L.O.V.E is so bad I’d believe in a second it was trolling, like a mosquito finding a home in your ear.

It was fun to listen to the weirder side of PC music, but as stated above, the hits and misses were really varied.

When life gives you fart music, make Lemonade/10
>>
>>80753152
album* not track, obviously lol
>>
>>80750803
good post
>>80753152
yeah the lows on Product get awful desu
I've chosen to ignore them now tho and have moved my score up to a 4/5 because im a terrible person
what are your thoughts on Bipp?
there was a period of time i think when i would play that song non-stop cause it was just so damn good
>>
>>80753152
>like a mosquito finding a home in your ear.
I thought that was what makes L.O.V.E genuinely unnerving and well-placed on Product. I always saw it as the unmasked version of PC Music's underlying inhuman sound-- the darkest extreme, followed by the complete absence of heavy beats on Just Like We Never Said Goodbye
>>
>>80753247
Bipp is definitely on the ‘good’ side of the good/bad dichotomy of the album for sure, I also liked Just like we never said goodbye, but I found them less worthy of mention in comparison to Lemonade and Hard.
>>
>>80753322
yeah those are definitely the better tracks on the album
interesting that you prefer Lemonade and Hard to those two cause im the other way
i guess i prefer the weird 00s nostalgia side of things on Product to the really crazy side
>>
>>80753286
Agree to disagree haha, 2Lynchian4Me.

not on the album but I found both Faceshopping and Ponyboy accomplished an unnerving spin on PC music better.
>>
>>80753347
both have merit for sure, I can see your position.

This was unplanned but I hear that a new album is dropping soon? i’ve just gotten into music so I guess this is the first album i’m watching for, cool feeling.
>>
>>80753395
ye im excited for the new one actually
interesting milestone for you for this to be the first one you're hyped for lmao
i cant recall the first album i got hyped for when i first got into music, or rather, albums
might've been To Be Kind
>>
File: epicfunnymemehahahah.jpg (39 KB, 480x342)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>80752970
why? are you looking in a mirror?
>>
File: funnymeme.jpg (141 KB, 750x750)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>
>>80753733
easy there tumblr
>>
File: tryhard chart.png (1.22 MB, 1979x1183)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
I'm gonna listen to some lighter fare for a while after this.

>An Anthology of Mongolian Khöömii
Over two and a half hours of throat singing/overtone singing, and there's not a single dull moment. The curators combed through every possible source to bring us an extremely comprehensive collection of all the different varieties of overtone singing and the ways that they're incorporated into the music of Mongolia. The large number of contemporary field recordings means that it's not necessarily the definitive overtone singing compilation (at least from a historical perspective), but its stylistic breadth makes it a good starting point for anyone curious.
Also, since I got this album from the library, I was able to read the very informative liner notes, which include commentary for each track. It really enhanced the listening experience for me, so I'd recommend trying to track it down.

>Zaire 74: The African Artists
Tabu Ley Rochereau's set has some of the most infectious rhythms I've heard in recent memory, and Abumba Masikini's jams go hard. After them, nothing else grabbed me nearly as much, though Abeti and Orchestre Stukas came close, and Miriam Makeba goes wild on Amampondo. The whole concert is full of energy, and deserves its iconic status. If the recordings were actually released at the time, this could've become an enduring classic and perhaps even kickstarted the "world music" movement years earlier.

>The Gyuto Monks - Tibetan Tantric Choir
I feel like Captain Obvious, but man is this mesmerizing. The whistling overtones on top of the deep, droning chants really enhance the otherworldly quality. The instrumental accompaniment on the second song is nice too, espeically the drums, though the cymbals tend to sound more like rattling cans to me.
>>
>>80753884
i enjoyed reading this
>>
watched stalker once more yesterday, now I'm on my way to university while listening to Against All Logic. Statistics' examater today!

Also cityfade is such a good song, I love the German poem and how it mixes with the house music. Makes me feel very comfy :)
>>
Intro Bonito:

It’s no Bonito Generation, but it didn’t have to be. Kero Kero Bonito continues to be some of the most fun i’ve had listening to music, bringing a clear J-Pop sensibility to British Pop makes for a happy good time. I’m impressed with how varied the sound continues to be from track to track, despite having a clear aesthetic that stays consistent across the album. While this is mostly a Pop record I noticed a bit of hiphop influence on a few tracks. While the instrumentation never got to the highs of Generation, I enjoyed the videogamey accompaniment. Often it sounded to me like a mixture of Genesis/Snes era and PS1/N64 era sounds. Sarah’s voice continues to be an infectious hug for your ears.

Not as catchy as Generation for sure, but still worth the listen. It’s a mellower sound.

Worst song is Cat vs. Dog, subject matter aside (i’m sure the animal abuse implications were meant differently than it reads) it just sounded terrible, reminded me of the negative aspects of Lipslap without the positives. The Japanese version of the Track reaffirms my opinion on the matter.

Best Tracks are Kero Kero Bonito, Small Town and Sick Beat.

Bonito Begins/10
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seKklhwmT_8
>>
>>80754629
whats your rym again?
>>
>>80754699
it’s https://rateyourmusic.com/~Default_Name

but I haven’t updated at all, I should do that... I save everything in notepad
>>
>>80754809
tight
>>
imogen heap's "hide and seek"
does anyone else think the transition from
>Ooh, whatcha say? / Mmm, that it's just what we need
is really abrupt? like it bothers me every time
>>
>>80754809
still new at this, am i supposed to select publish? I’d rather just have this thread read my stuff. Can my reviews still be seen from my profile?
>>
File: file.png (189 KB, 351x347)
189 KB
189 KB PNG
you're supossed to force yourself to appreciate this, right?
>>
>>80755089
no you just listen to the tracks with nico, ignore the rest and pretend to like the album for hipster cred.
>>
>>80755089
yes, much like Ride, Cornelius, Fishmans, Duster, the list goes on and on...

>>80754918
i know this feel, anon. good example of a song that uses vocoder well
>>
>>80755007
yes, we can still read your stuff. why dont you want them published?
>>
>>80755089
ur gay
>>
>>80755386
1. I’m pretty sure I break a lot of rules regarding spoilers/ratings and i’m happy with my system.

2. I don’t really need recognition and without the context of my newness I’ll probably come across as annoying to more seasoned music fans lol.

3. S H Y B O I.

anyway I updated my stuff completely, i’m gonna listen to the new KKB EP.
>>
>>
Totep:

Couldn’t stay all fun and games forever huh? An utterly unexpected direction from the sugar sweet J-pop/britpop mashup Kero Kero Bonito, instead of continuing to iterate on the aesthetics they defined in Bonito Generation, the trio explores elements of alternative rock and noise/Shoegaze.

If I had known this up front i’d probably have braced for disappointment, as the band has quickly become one of my favorites. I’m shocked I liked this as much as I did!

Sarah’s voice is as alluring as ever, this time the vocals are wispy and melancholic. Her dreamy sound lends a lot to the heavier electronic/rock instrumentation.

They remain super fucking catchy as always, ‘You Know How it Is’ is immediately among my favorite ear worms from them.

While I enjoyed every single track a lot, something does need to be said for the later half of ‘Only Acting’. While i’m not adverse to the more experimental or glitchy sounds (the transition from the primal scream to the electric guitar is sick) I felt that the final breakdown was definitely TOO far into nonsense.

If this is the overall aesthetic/sound of KKB going into their new album, i’m certainly interested.

Kero Kero Triste/10
>>
File: yah.png (266 KB, 368x657)
266 KB
266 KB PNG
>>80755510
>>
>>80755510
?
>>
>>80755614
Collaboration of the year
>>
>>80755089
lol it's just like a good not great rock album
try white light / white heat

>>80755530
you should check out the kane west releases if you haven't

>>80755510
lmaoooo
>>
>>80755794
i’ll for sure check that out, thanks.
>>
MURDA
>>
The Muffs:

Comfort food, always been a band i’ve loved since a cousin turned me on to “Happy Birthday to me” as a kid. Kim’s raspy and aggressive voice is really endearing. It’s pop punk at it’s best.

This debut album is a little simpler in the songwriting department to their later stuff, but for the most part they found their sound right away. Obvious themes like heartbreak and teen angst are tackled here, standard pop punk fare. More grunge, less whine, and an infectious energy.

Most songs are fairly similar, ‘All for Nothing’ is a decent acoustical ballad with a tiny shitpost at the end, but otherwise they stick to the formula.

no bad songs, a few weak interludes like ‘North Pole’ and ‘Stupid Jerk’ but everything is at least solid here. Best songs are ‘Big Mouth’, ‘I need you’, ‘From Your Girl’ and ‘Saying Goodbye’.

One tuff muff/10
>>
this dude makes really good music, check it out

https://dogwander.bandcamp.com/
>>
>>80756250
>>
Are there any good books on space outside of the essential stuff? Any advice /daily/? I want to read about space.
>>
File: space.png (3.54 MB, 1875x2850)
3.54 MB
3.54 MB PNG
>>80756350
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvSUhfusMBA
>>
>>80756369
Keked
>>
where sdc?
>>
>>80756393
workin probably
>>
>>80756350
if you meant non-fiction can’t help you there
>>
>>80756415
Yeah, I was looking for non-fiction :(

Thank you regardless bud
>>
>>80750610
at least link the proper one
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Jim_Jazz
>>
>>80756494
who is jim jazz?
>>
jimmy jazz
>>
File: 6926413.jpg (374 KB, 824x738)
374 KB
374 KB JPG
mmmmmm
>>
just realized there's a connection between Hereditary and the album art of my last release...

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.