[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: iowa by slipknot.jpg (46 KB, 355x355)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
ITT: Based albums
>>
y is this new meme
>>
Fuck off with this shitty forced meme.
>>
File: meteora.jpg (55 KB, 500x500)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
Ppl who listen to crybaby indie shit and mock Linkin Park for having whiny lyrics are my favorite type of hipsters
>>
>>81419046
Pop these niggas like a wheelie nigga you a Iowa shit posting nigga
>>
Slipknot by Iowa
>>
>>81419046
>>81419095
Why do you waste your time with such mediocre normie drivel? There is much better music out there you could be enjoying. I used to enjoy these albums in elementary school, but I grew out of them in junior high. Your attempt at being counter-contrarian just makes you look childish. Grow up.
>>
>>81419095
People mock them because they suck massive cock
>>
>>81419301
Your attempt at being counter-counter-contrarian just makes you look childish. Grow up
>>
File: umakschually.jpg (63 KB, 600x600)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>81419301
>>81419322
>>
File: image (9).png (42 KB, 835x307)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
I absolutely love this album
based
>>
>>81419046
This is easily the most boring slipknot album.
>>
>>81419591
okay seriously you are a complete and UTTER contrarian FAGGOT. i know music is subjective but literally how the fuck can you say this is boring when this same band made All Hope is Gone one of the most generic and uninspired pieces of shit that they have EVER made? like you seriously mean to tell me that album is in any way shape of form BETTER THAN this??? YOURE A FUCKING COCK
>>
i mean it's none conistently good but there is good shit on it
>>
>>81419638
But that's their best album desu.
>>
>>81419899
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: Click.jpg (215 KB, 802x803)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
>>
>>81419976
Based
>>
File: pepe corey.png (231 KB, 996x1000)
231 KB
231 KB PNG
>>81419966
Weren't you that guy who posted this pepe earlier today?

Why do you have such a hard on for this album?

Besides, Iowa is just the same tempo screaming from start to finish, All Hope is Gone at least has Snuff that kind of breaks up the intensity, its all relative. I don't really think any of their albums as a whole are good, their flaw is that in order to demonstrate high intensity you have to demonstrate low intensity, which is why I think snuff is their best song when listening to whole albums.
>>
>>81420823
OP here
i made that pepe
>>
>>81420823
>Iowa is just the same tempo screaming from start to finish

Wanna know how I know you didn't listen to the album? Did you listen to Gently? Iowa? Skin Ticket? Nah you didn't probably listened to like 4 songs and concluded the album was shit

>>81420823
>references snuff, the most radio friendly hard rock garbage that slipknot has ever made

lol you have really weird and shit taste
>>
File: mary.jpg (38 KB, 477x590)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>81420837
let me be the first to congratulate you.

Congratulations, its been a long time coming but you finally did it.
>>
>>81420823
>in order to demonstrate high intensity you have to demonstrate low intensity
Retarded. I bet you listen to blackgaze.
>>
>>81420865
>snuff, the most radio friendly hard rock garbage that slipknot has ever made
OP here, you say shit about Snuff again and i will rape you
>>
File: 1455837190487.jpg (48 KB, 720x717)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>81419976
>>
File: 220px-Day69Album.jpg (24 KB, 220x220)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>
>>81420926
cringe
>>
File: insulted me.jpg (151 KB, 1185x523)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>81420865
Sure, Gently, Iowa and Skin Ticket were slower by tempo comparatively, but the songs weren't any less intense than the others. There are soft moments in-song, but they don't come off as soft songs.

The song Iowa is probably the most boring song in their discography btw.
>>
>>81420940
>The song Iowa is probably the most boring song in their discography btw.

Agree, I hardly ever listen to it. But literally almost that entire song with exception of the last explosive verse is tame or 'low intensity' as you would say. I think it's funny how you call a track boring, but then write it off because it's still as intense as songs like Disasterpiece and The Heretic Anthem. Like ????????? did you not realize how stupid that was when you typed it?
>>
>>81420937
that's the point
6ix9ine is based
this is a based albums thread
>>
Most of these songs are covers of Faith No More's Caffeine. I dare you to compare them, structurally they're the same. I think the bridge on Caffeine is pretty much the starting point of all nu metal and Slipknot conjures that riff every chance they get.
>>
File: h31C85848.jpg (52 KB, 448x608)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>81421104
well mike patton is the father of nu-metal
>>
>>81420967
That's what I've been saying, intense things, whether they're loud or soft (and yes, there is such a thing as being intense while being quiet) only sound intense when they're surrounded by that which is not intense. If you've been outside all day, its probably not gonna seem bright outside even if it is, objectively, bright.

Slipknot, I think, are the kings of being really boring while being really intense. If you slap the fifth string on a bass, scream, and whisper weirdly at me for 15 minutes, I'm probably not gonna be impressed when you slap a bass and scream and whisper weirdly for the remaining 45 minutes of the album.

That's why Snuff is so good. Its exciting and makes you really listen not because its loud or startling, but because its so different.

Same thing with metal in general. That's why people really liked Nothing Else Matters from Metallicas self entitled album, it was a break from their typical fare, and it demonstrated that the band could do a softer, more exposed tone for a whole song, and it made everything else sound that much better because of it.

>>81420926
Gotti is an amazing example of an artist showing a softer side to show versatility. In Day69 we spend a whole album poppin' niggas like a wheely and showin' what we about, and all of the sudden are hit with a cool R & B song that talks about hoping that his family is going to see him succeed, albeit in his own, Brooklyn way.
>>
>>81419046
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvYfN70CGpk
>>
>>81421200
Well, that's one more reason to hate him.
>>
>>81421225
Might be the dumbest shit I've read all day
>>
>>81421200
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-iRfE74q3k
>>
>>81419591
>not liking all of their albums except maybe volume 3
I keep forgetting why I stopped coming to /mu/, and then I get reminded
>>
>>81421394
But before I forget is one of their best songs man.
>>
>>81421394
>implying Vol 3 is bad
jesus fucking christ anon
>>
>>81419966
brenden?
>>
>>81421433
>>81421446
That's where the maybe comes in

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.