[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 8212e6dc.jpg (27 KB, 320x320)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
ITT: The most hateabale, eye-roll inducing artists.
You can literally hear the snobby, preppy self-importance spew from their debut. Cape God Kwassa Kwassa, M79, Campus, One (Blake's Got A New Face) and The Kids Don't Stand A Chance make me physically wince. You fucking know they think they're hot shit for putting these Afro-Caribbean influences into their glorified car commercial music. I have never hated a band more in my life. They define everything wrong with a generation of indie (about as indie as you can be being a bunch of fucking rich kids with connections with music journalists and publications) music. Fuck.
>>
Grimes
Car Seat Headrest
Snail Mail
CHVRCHES
Paramore
My Chemical Romance
>>
>>81447215
Snail Mail, Grimes, anyone shilled on this board
>>
File: migoreng.jpg (63 KB, 522x392)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>81447215
Planningtorock
SOPHIE
Vince Staples
Earl Sweatshirt
Boy Pablo
Gus Dapperton

All of these are essential artists for someone with a steam profile set to private and an aesthetic soft grunge blog.
>>
Green Day
>>
>>81447215
Clairo
>>
>>81447325
Earl is actually talented.
>>
>>81447215
couldnt get in columbia, eh?
>>
>>81447215
idk man have you ever listened to their track seedeez?
>>
>>81447325
>Soft grunge
?
>>
>>81447215
Can’t wait for the new album!
>>
>>81447215
Sorry Losers and Haters, Vampire Weekend is a great band, and everybody knows it. Don't get angry, it's not your fault.
>>
Animal Collective
>>
File: vampire-weekend-22.jpg (2.94 MB, 2500x1778)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB JPG
>>81447215
LMAOing at your life kiddo
>>
Vampire Weekend could kick MGMT's ass any day of the week.
>>
>>81447325
what the hell did earl ever do
his shit is good
>>
>>81448262
Vampire weekend is low energy and you know it
>>
>>81447215
Vampire Weekend is unironically one of the only good indie-pop acts alive right now.

>>81447249
Grimes and Car Seat Headrest have great musical output and terrible fanbases.

>>81447325
SOPHIE is legitimately innovative.
Too much of a tumblr-based "bussypopping" fanbase, though. But that's pretty easy to ignore. And Earl Sweatshirt is also pretty good.

You people are borderline deaf.
>>
>>81447215
>t. hasn't listened to Modern Vampires, which drops the Afro-pop aesthetic entirely in favor of a comfy 1920s newspaper aesthetic
>>
>>81448441
why you bringing mgmt into this? lol They have more soul than VW ever could have
>>
File: VPLP4.jpg (989 KB, 1500x1500)
989 KB
989 KB JPG
who's ready for LP4?
>>
>>81447265
Snail Mail isn't really hatable, just mediocre. What's hatable is the guy spamming / shilling her shit on here.
>>
>>81448489
this
>>
>>81447215
fucking cry about it dude
these guys formed in columbia. they know what they're doing.
>>
>>81447215
>You fucking know they think they're hot shit for putting these Afro-Caribbean influences into their glorified car commercial music. I have never hated a band more in my life. They define everything wrong with a generation of indie (about as indie as you can be being a bunch of fucking rich kids with connections with music journalists and publications) music
This would be true, all true and cringe worthy... if it wasn't all done with a high level of self-awareness and stealth parody. Listen to then again

Also, MVOTC is their best by far
>>
>You can literally hear the snobby, preppy self-importance spew from their debut.
Wasn't that the entire point of the album? That they just reveled in their snobbiness and preppiness? They wear fucking button up shirts to their shows. Their music is for ivy league white kids and they know it. Nothing wrong with a band hitting their target demographic.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.