[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/n/ - Transportation


Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 91 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]


Join the Day of Action for Net Neutrality, or else we may all end up banned from 4chan.



File: IMG_6544.jpg (100 KB, 620x349)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
STOP RUNNING RED LIGHTS FUCKERS. NO WONDER YOU GET HIT
>>
>>1085164
I've never been hit.
>>
>>1085164

Ive been door'd once but never hit. :'(
>>
>>1085164
STOP TURNING WITHOUT LOOKING WHERE YOU'RE GOING FUCKERS. NO WONDER YOU KEEP HITTING CYCLISTS
>>
I'm sorry you're frustrated stuck in your car, that's why I only drive when necessary.
>>
I follow the law closely and treat my bicycle like a vehicle on the road.

I've been hit 4 times by people running stop signs and red lights. All hit and runs.

It's not like every car on the road is driven by model citizens.
>>
>>1085164
But I don't do that, thanks for your passive aggressive concern anyway.
>>
What's funny is most of the time i see people raging about cyclists running lights, its completly legal. Plenty of states have the "red dead law" which means you can run a red light, provided you stop at it and run it when it's safe. So it basically just means cyclists can treat red lights as stop signs

where I live its totally legal and I get dumb cagers raging at me all the time cuz they dont know the laws of the road
>>
>>1085164
i come to a stop and look both ways. i deliver food on a bike. i dont like increasing my chances of getting hit. drivers are dickheads. pedestrians are faggots. cyclists are retards. this is basic stuff.
>>
>>1085206
i do with a bike or on foot but i make sure i'm not in the way of anything when i do. fuck red lights! with a car i don't play around because of the license plate and cameras everywhere.
>>
>>1085213
>drivers are dickheads. pedestrians are faggots. cyclists are retards. this is basic stuff.
truth but the ones that most blatantly ignore traffic rules 99% of the time are the motorcyclists not even taxi drivers are that bad.
>>
>>1085212
>laws of the road
i bet they are the same as the laws of the jungle
>>
>>1085219
>"NOW this is the law of the jungle, as old and as true as the sky,
>And the driver that shall keep it may prosper, but the driver that shall break it must die.

>As the biker that girdles the roundabout, the law runneth forward and back;
>For the strength of the car is the driver, and the strength of the driver is the car.

>Wash daily from nose tip to tail tip; tank deeply, but never too deep;
>And remember the night is for caging and forget not the day is for sleep.

>The biker may follow the truck, but, kid, when thy license is issued,
>Remember the driver is a cager—go forth and get lane of thy own.

>Keep peace with the lords of the roads, the cop, the train, the trucker;
>And trouble not Emt the Silent, and mock not the woman trying to park.

>When car meets with car on the road, and neither will go from the lane,
>Pull down till the morons dared each other; it may be fair physics shall prevail.

>When ye fight with a driver of the traffic ye must fight him alone and afar,
>Lest others take part in the quarrel and the traffic is diminished by war.
>>
>>1085199
Hit and run is so rampant cars really should be forced to log their locations at all time. Perhaps a system where if there is a hit and run collision the vehicle is required to identify if it was at the location at the time of the accident.
>>
>>1085199
you really do something wrong
i was never hit while in traffic. i had doors whacked into the side when parked. i was even sitting in it the motherfucking cunt didn't even cared. i prolly shouted off her cunt head.
>>
A cyclist is most vulnerable when they aren't moving. If you are stopped you can't avoid anything. You can't even easily jump out of the way without awkwardly unstraddling the bike. When you are moving you have options, left, right, hop the curb.

Going over: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91J9QQuNzyY
>>
>>1085164
STOP ROLLING STOP SIGNS, FUCKERS.
STOP SPEEDING, FUCKERS.
STOP 'NOT SEEING' BICYCLES AND MOTORCYCLES, FUCKERS.
STOP FAILING TO USE YOUR TURN SIGNALS, FUCKERS.
STOP FAILING TO ***TURN YOUR GODDAMNED HEAD AND LOOK*** BEFORE CHANGING LANES, FUCKERS.
STOP FUCKING WITH YOUR GODDAMNED SMARTPHONE WHEN YOU SHOULD BE PAYING ATTENTION TO THE ROAD, FUCKERS.
STOP FUCKING WITH THE RADIO, FUCKERS.
STOP EATING FOOD AND DRINKING DRINKS WHEN YOU SHOULD BE DRIVING, FUCKERS.
STOP ***ALL FORMS OF DISTRACTED DRIVING, FUCKERS.
STOP DRIVING DRUNK, FUCKERS.
STOP DRIVING STONED, FUCKERS.
STOP DRIVING HIGH ON ANYTHING, FUCKERS.
STOP BEING FAT, WEAK, DISEASED, AND UNABLE TO BE FULLY AWAKE AND AWARE WHEN YOU'RE DRIVING, FUCKERS.


You want me to continue, faggot OP? Do you? I'm sure I can come up with a hundred more complaints about the 'average' dickhead driver, and by the way there's thousands of you to every ONE cyclist or motorcycle rider, yet you sonsofbitches have the almighty GALL to COMPLAIN about us? Fuck you sideways with a rusty AIDS-infected chainsaw, asshole.

"PEOPLE IN GLASS HOUSES", ETC.
CLEAN UP YOUR OWN SHIT BEFORE YOU GO COMPLAINING ABOUT ANYONE ELSES.
Worthless fuckstain OP.

LETS SEE HOW THRILLED YOU ARE WITH LIFE WHEN THEY TAKE AWAY YOUR ABILITY TO DRIVE COMPLETELY AND MAKE YOU PUT UP WITH SOME SHITTY 'SELF DRIVING CAR' PIECE OF SHIT THAT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A STEERING WHEEL FOR YOU TO HANG ONTO AS YOU SCREAM IN TERROR AS IT RUNS YOU INTO A CONCRETE ABUTMENT AT 100MPH, YOU DUMB SHIT.
>>
>>1085185
Not yet.
>>
>>1085229
>A cyclist is most vulnerable when they aren't moving
this x100
you are also most at risk of being left hooked when you stop at a light and wait
when the car next to you moves forward, it hides you from the person turning
i have almost been hit like this before
even if you have good lane positioning, you're still invisible for several seconds
if you can see far in both directions and nobody is coming, its safer to run it
>>
>>1085164
Someone ran a red light today, almost hit me, then honked twice to tell me how reckless I was.
>>
>>1085277
that is why it's retarded and unsafe not to occupy a whole lane with a bike or motorbike and shouldn't be done. creeping forward on the side of the road at read is insanely dangerous. in fact just use the fucking sidewalk with a bike!
>>
File: bikebox.jpg (223 KB, 2500x2000)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
>>1085277
>yfw literally every left hook @ a stop light could be solved with this

I've started staring at drivers in cars next to me at red lights. If they don't make eye contact, I assume they haven't seen me and act accordingly. This saves me from 2-3 collisions every week.
>>
>>1085333
>pic related
We have those at most major intersetions without seperated bikelanes here.
>>
>>1085319
>that is why it's retarded and unsafe not to occupy a whole lane with a bike or motorbike and shouldn't be done
the same thing happens in the rightmost lane of a 2 lane road as well
>creeping forward on the side of the road at read is insanely dangerous
yeah, i agree filtering is just asking to get doored or right hooked
even when there's a bike lane it isn't really safe unless it has a separate route through the intersection
>>
>>1085319
>in fact just use the fucking sidewalk with a bike!
I'm not against riding on sidewalks but crosswalks are dangerous too. I've gotten hit by a texting driver.
>>
>>1085395
my rule of thumb when i go on foot or on bike is this:
look around
can any car hit me if he tries to like steps on the gas?
yes? don't cross wait until he signals for me to go or passes.
no? go don't give a fuck about red light or anything.
>>
>>1085199
>I follow the law closely and treat my bicycle like a vehicle on the road.

suicide wish

Always treat every cager as if he has every intent to brutally murder you and break the law where appropriate to assure your safety.
Been doing that for 14 years and haven't got hit once... and not for lack of cagers trying.
>>
>>1085438
pretty much this, assume they want to hit you if you touch the road and don't let them.
>>
>>1085395
Did you ride over it at top speed expecting cars to emergency brake? I see that often.
>>
>>1085195
>car has green light to proceed
>demanding they look into the STOPPED TRAFFIC LANES to see if theres anyone coming

fuck you. i watch for people at crosswalks like the law says i should. if you want to run a red thats your rish
>>
>>1085438

How I've always ridden.

Shaves a lot of time off my commute, too...
>>
>>1085441
No, I was going pretty slow. I thought she stopped but she started moving again and her eyes were downward.
>>
>>1085251
U mad?
>>
File: 1437303342195.jpg (31 KB, 476x717)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
How's it feel to be so fucking jealous, OP?
No real arguments aside from some 'nooooo it not fwairrrrrr' bullshit whining from motors who don't understand they get away with literal murder each and every day.
>>
>>1085467
Do you not look both ways when coming up on an intersecting one way street? Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>1085277
Pretty much this. I always used to proceed on red. Safer for me and less annoying for the stack of cagers behind me trying to make the next light. But there have been a couple of cyclist fatalities on my route lately, vans making illegal turns, stuff like that. Inevitably, the cops respond by ticketing cyclists for minor infractions.

So now you cagers get to stack up behind me at every light. I make sure to take the middle of the lane too. Suck it faggots, you have a problem with it maybe you should stop hitting cyclists, or talk to the police and have them enforce the laws evenly.
>>
>>1088042
I live in an area where doing that would risk verbal, if not physical abuse from raged cagers.
>>
>>1085467
>>1085467
I'm gonna laugh when a truck tbones you
>>
>>1085251
Letting motorcyclists drive between lanes in California was a fucking mistake. How many accidents do those self-righteous asswipes cause?
>>
>Run a red light
>cagers get mad at you after they hit you
>Don't run a red light and instead be a part of traffic
>cagers get mad at you before hitting you

The only correct solution is the one where cagers are forced to not hit you. They always want to hit you, they want to not see you, you have to force them to see you by being right in front of them.

You should make cagers mad before, rather than after they hit you.
>>
>>1088149
they mostly kill themselves my philosophy is to let them.
>>
>>1088168
what you need is a separate lane with physical barriers between wherever possible.
people might rage against rules and conventions but most will respect blocks of concrete.
>>
>>1085164
i take pride in being polite to drivers and following rules. They react well and it becomes less of a fight to ride. When riding at a chill pace and stopping/slowing instead of blowing through shit you find drivers being super nice and smiling.

Enjoy your ride, don't create hate.
>>
>>1088198
lol, no. Even still; you shouldn't feel obligated to be nice just so that someone won't rage at you. I do not live to suck a motorists dick.

>>1088196
We can't even do right, or most cases even do, painted lines right. You think they're gonna make something like that at all?
>>
I always stop at red lights but often take off before they turn green so I can get out of the way of the line of cars behind me before they start accelerating. Also because I can.
>>
>>1088336
Something that really pisses me off is when some cager loses their fucking mind about a bike getting going from a green light.
>b-but....muh acceleration!
Fucking nigger, does it matter that you can do zero to sixty in whatever time when the next bumper is only a couple car lengths ahead?

In the city, there's never been a time where a car actually got off the green light faster than me. These dumb fucks waste arrows and whole light cycles because they don't get the fucking concept of green meaning go. They always wait the fuck around.
>>
>>1085164

> Be sick city-scum cyclist, run redlights and stop signs for a decade with no problems
> Suburban pleb hipsters start moving into city
> They ride like the sick dudes and get wrecked
> Cagers still only see me passin'
>>
>>1088343
I always start slow in my cage because I'm afraid of stalling, don't judge me ;_;
>>
>>1088391
That's fine, you're in a 2 tonne cage of metal with at least a hundred horses of power inside. It's getting annoyed at cyclists for no reason that's the problem.
>>
>>1088391
It's not the cage that's the problem, it's the retarded cager inside that is

Be a good driver and you won't be a problem/
>>
>>1088343
>These dumb fucks waste arrows and whole light cycles because they don't get the fucking concept of green meaning go.
interesting where i live yellow means go practically, hopefully before the first car enters the intersection it's already green behind it.
>>
>>1088403
>for no reason
yeah that would be a problem i'm sure.
>>
>>1088335
>You think they're gonna make something like that at all?
it's more and more places i find these big ass bolted down concretes between opposing traffic or between cars and bike lanes. it's good, there is zero temptation to scrape it.
>>
>>1088437
There are many reasons to legitimately get pissed at cyclists. Being slow or being on the road are not.
>>
>>1088440
What do I do when I need to go left? What do I do when the lanes aren't where I need to go? Either I take a long ass route, which fuck you sometimes, or I use the road and cagers are EXTRA assblasted because now 'fucking cyclefags dont even use the lanes WE gave them' No.

Just make getting a drivers license harder and include in that a week long anger management course or some shit.
I paid like fucking 20 dollars or something stupid, drove a few loops on an airplane tarmac with no other cars around, and got full ability to drive, no restrictions, at 21 with no training whatsoever.
That should be scary to you.
>>
>>1088494
yeah that's scary, here you have to take your final exam in traffic where the state licensed examiner gives you 3 strikes for minor mistakes like not checking mirrors or not parking correctly or 1 serious like not stopping for a pedestrian to pass or run a yellow and you are out of luck see you next time. you fuck up a few times it's psych eval.
>>
>>1088494
>What do I do when I need to go left?
you never turn left you only turn right. problem solved.
>>
>>1085227

As if we needed further proof that rollers and strollers are all statist bootlickers.
>>
>>1085333

> Oh look it's another episode of bikers want the road for themselves.

You're either vehicles or not you pussies. When not in a bike lane that is segregated from car traffic you should be in the lane like a car, it's on you to be as visible as possible. Otherwise you shit up the road with danger for what, two percent of all trips in the city?
>>
>>1088037

How retarded are you that you see jealousy in the OP? You sound like one of those euro bitches who invite literal rape apes into their he countries and then act
smug because "lol don't you see huwhite male it is you who is the oppressor?"
>>
>>1088042

No that is how you should drive Faget. Be a vehicle and take responsibility like one or get the fucl off the road. You treat driving in Manhattan like it's rural or suburbs and wonder why everyone hates you.
>>
>>1088195

I'm honestly only worried about the paint damage to my car nowadays.
>>
>>1088467
but cyclists are causing problems for everyone by being slow on the road.
>>
>>1088389

The most dangerous thing you can do in my city is pass on the right. With the rise of Uber the right hand door can swing open faster than you can recognize that the hazards are on (meaning hazard to dumb fucks passing by because my passenger is getting out). I have absolutely creamed gearlickers before and now I just dgaf, please just don't damage my car in your way out of this world.
>>
>>1088494

Bootlicking gearqueers at it again.

> Just take riders out of cars
> Force more people into biking
> Just do it for me please daddy government!

Same assholes will pay seven dollars for organic coffee to whine at their tranny man friend about how Trump is an overbearing meanie.
>>
File: 1429195177793.jpg (45 KB, 634x650)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>1088494
>bike autists
lol
>>
>>1088609
>>1088557
>>1088555
Cute nicknames!
>>
>>1088550
Do you not think that cyclists would be fucking fine with that if crybaby motorists could be fucking bothered to pay attention or hold in their rage?
All of this bullshit is to counteract cager behavior and nothing more.

>>1088551
Because if you gave a shit about things that mattered, ya wouldn't care. There isn't any problem with cyclists running reds (Especially when you take running to mean stopping and going or slowing and going). Only possible problem is a motorist not looking.
Anything else is jealousy.

>>1088554
Not really, no.

>>1088555
This is what I mean; just fucking look. Just fucking look.
Before I open doors or turn or anything in my car, I always look. When I come across a one way street, I look left and right, when I see other motorists only look to the direction a car could legally come from. Can your really not look?
Just Monday I was fucking doored on Washington in Philly, a city FULL of bikes, because someone couldn't look. Wonderful bike lane design there. Maybe if niggers didn't tint their windows black I could look myself but until then, it's up to fucking them.

>>1088557
Yeah, take more drivers out of cars if they can't fucking handle it.
>>
File: 1484642486872.jpg (56 KB, 645x773)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>his posts contains the word cager
>>
>>1088733
>complaining about memes with a meme
>>
>>1088552
Good guess, I do ride in manhattan.
>>
>>1088662
>Not really, no.
sure they do and it's even a problem for them not just every fucking body else.
>>
>>1088198
>Enjoy your ride, don't create hate.

This, since putting 1% effort into being a bit more calm and giving others a tiny bit more time commuting becomes much more pleasant.

Everyone is trying to get somewhere and the 3 seconds you loose but not riding like a cunt makes everyone's day better.
>>
Bikes don't belong on the road, get your asses on the sidewalk.
>>
File: coral-reef.jpg (704 KB, 2048x1536)
704 KB
704 KB JPG
>>1089136
Cages don't belong on the road, get your asses on the ocean floor
>>
>>1089005
No, they just really don't cause a problem. They're either not causing a real problem, just making cagers cry, or they're taking the lane in a city situation, in which case you're not going fast any way because of the traffic.
Cars cause the problems.

>>1089136
No. Motorists don't look in a direction a car cannot come. You're going straight, and someone makes a right without signaling, because they can't be bothered to do that either, ya just got right hooked.

The worst time I was hit by a car, I was actually in the wrong, because I was riding along the left side of the road (Against traffic here), and some asshole made a right on the street I was on, at a fast speed without stopping because he only looked left, not both ways, and assuming no one was there or coming.

Fuck you.
>>
>>1089153
Having a bright headlight on daylight flash mode goes a long way in avoiding problems like that

Of course some tard will now come along and go "hurr durr they're disorienting", enjoy getting right hooked
>>
>>1085333
you act like drivers follow directions
>>
>>1089153
Being slow on the road is a problem m8
>>
>all these mad motorists stuck in their cars while cyclists enjoy true freedom

lol, always feels nice to roll past a long line of cars and yield instead of stopping and then speeding through a red

Doesn't take a lot of critical thinking to make decisions for yourself, but i guess being in a cage makes you an idiot or something
>>
>>1089961
yep especially when drivers go over solid lines to pass you and stuff. i would fucking ban bicycles from all roads where the speed limit is above 30km/h. they are fine in residential areas with the speed limit but that's it.
>>
File: ISIS_SECRET_WEAPON.jpg (43 KB, 534x742)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>1090000
>above 30

>wasting digits on your slow fatman post
>>
>>1090000
>>1089961
if you dont have the mental capability and awareness to safely pass a cyclist in your car, regardless of what lines or signs might be on the road then maybe driving isn't for you

>he blames the cyclist for obstructing his travel then bends the knee to some fucking paint on the road

hahaha wow
>>
>>1090029
yeah those lines are there to stop accidents from happening. which was my point.
>>
>>1090037
a collision foreseeable by a competent, non-impaired person exercising due diligence is not an "accident", the correct term is negligence
>>
>>1090037
>completely empty road ahead
>still won't pass even on a double yellow because "they're there to prevent accidents"

where's the oncoming car gonna come from? the bushes? If you can see the road ahead and it's clear and you're capable of pressing a gas pedal, just pass them, damn. It's not that difficult
>>
>>1090037
Right, so ya follow the rules when it lets you have a temper tantrum, but weaving from left lane to right and back, speeding, running red lights, and not using signals are just fine and acceptable?
>>
>>1090048
>weaving from left lane to right and back, speeding, running red lights, and not using signals
that's different though, everyone does it
>>
>>1090050
No. At least in my state, you keep right unless turning left or passing (Afterwhich you return right.) Elsewise it's illegal.
Weaving because your kindergarten ass cannot keep at the speed limit, which is also illegal, is dangerous whether 'everyone does it' or not, in fact, likely moreso.
>>
>>1085333

this bike box idea is implemented well in Portland, Oregon. Its not at every light, but the ones it is at fit very well and do not impede cars at all.
>>
>>1085212
>provided you stop at it
Literally nobody does this. I hated walking around the streets on my campus because bicyclists would frequently just push through the pedestrian walk signal and then get pissed at you that you got in their way.
>>
>>1088149
Honestly letting small vehicles ignore lanes solves a lot of space problems in small cities. Lane splitting isn't inherently more dangerous than anything else if the rider is aware of his surroundings, but all forms of two-wheel transportation are inherently dangerous whenever they intersect with automobile traffic.

Mopeds and bikes are most popular in countries with dense cities, warm weather, and high cost-of-living (or low income). In most of these places, accident rates are high, but transportation is cheap, and more relevantly, space is at a premium.

California is honestly one of the few states in the US best suited for an expansion of motorcycle/moped popularity, mostly due to density in SF, weather, and cost of living. Although dense areas like SF should probably try to separate two-wheel traffic from autos as much as possible.
>>
>>1090048
in my country they don't put solid lines where the cars can safely return to their own lane if the reverse traffic shows up at the legal speed. they put the lines at corners or mounds or visibility is otherwise blocked.

it's not a fucking joke and bikers cause serious danger because of them being on these roads. technically of course the ones that pass them will cause the accident directly but it would never happen not for the biker and it's pretty fucking predictable.
>>
>>1090996
I hate riding in areas where pedestrians have a right of way because I stop for them and they just stand there grinning, or playing with their phone, or they wait for me to come to a complete stop and dismount and then they go "no you go ahead"

take the right of way, or expect to have people get pissed. and get it through your thick skull: you're not being "nice" when you try to be "nice", you're just creating a hazard
>>
>>1091015
Honestly this happens across all classes of vehicles and traffic. Bicycles are only slightly less prone because losing your inertia is a huge price to pay for being nice.
>>
>>1091019
>this happens across all classes of vehicles and traffic
I'm not sure if you've never used a cage before, but I had one for several years, and I still rent one a couple of times a year. I can assure you, it's unique to bikes.
>>
>>1091012
If you can't safely pass, you're causing the danger by passing.

>>1091030
What? No, way. I can't tell you how many times a day I see bother drivers ignoring the right of way by taking it when it's not theirs, or ignoring it by having me drive up to them, come to a complete stop, then try to wave me in front of them anyway.
Motorists don't give a shit about rules.
>>
>riding my bike on a country road today
>im a pretty amateur biker, just bike in athletic shirt and shorts
>bike lane is on the shoulder, only wide enough for like two bikes side by side
>these two cunts ahead of me in spandex bike suits are biking side by side going slow as fuck, like they are talking to each other
>i come up behind them and they don't care, still take up entire lane
>look behind me to see cars
>car is coming but pretty far back
>hold my left arm out and pull a bit into the lane to pass the two cunts ahead of me
>car comes up and honks
>another car behidn that one is passing me and they are yelling something out the window at me, i yell back to shut the fuck up you cunts

god i hate freds
>>
>>1091100
Why didn't you ask the roadies to make way?
>>
>>1091100
No, who you should hate is the motorist
>>
>>1091080
yes that is what the solid line tells you literally. but if a spandexfag is in your way or a bunch side by side what can you do?
>>
>>1091100
pretty hard to talk if the other one is behind you.
>>
>>1091015
>tfw people don't get "drive predictably"
>people stopping at stop signs while I'm 100 yards away so I'm yielding thinking they're gonna go but thy just sit there until I go through the sign and it fucks up my ride
>NO ONE knows how to conduct themselves at a 4 way stop
>>
>>1091012
"I need laws and lines to tell ME how to drive MY car safely"

Does your nanny change your diaper too, or are you a big boy now who can do it hisself?
>>
>>1091201
Anarcho-capitalist pls go back to middle school
>>
>>1091200
That's exactly what I mean.
It always seems like they choose the second I decide to actaully go that theyre done waiting for me, so niw when that happpens, I either just go way around so they cant hit me or straddle my bike with my arms crossed.

>>1091201
Lines are there so there is some forced predictability for children like you.
>>
>>1091206
>>1091209
I'm specifically responding to the cagers whining about "not being able to pass" cyclists just because there's a solid yellow or it's a "no pass zone". If you can see that there's no car coming the opposite direction, regardless of lines or signs, just pass them, lmao.
>>
>>1091213
In many jurisdictions motorists already are allowed to pass cyclists when they'd be unable to pass cars.
>>
>>1091214
Well sure but you're giving a lot of credit to motorists there, thinking they understand rules of the road...especially when it comes to interacting with cyclists. They see someone on a bike and all logic goes out the window
>>
>>1091201
they are there for a reason a couple of people die the same way before they are put there. it's all statistics bitch. you got to respect statistics. only idiots fail to learn from the past and others mistakes.
>>
>>1091215
well once a cyclist is on the road all logic goes out the window. it's like putting a giraffe on a balcony. rational mind finds it hard to process the information. it just shouldn't happen.
>>
>>1091219
>>1091219
>it's like putting a giraffe on a balcony.
Slow down here for a second, are you telling me this is possible?
>>
>>1091223
most likely but it would look weird as fuck.
>>
>>1091080
>Motorists don't give a shit about rules.
Never said they did. But when you're driving and you stop for a marked crosswalk where the peds have ROW, the peds go. They don't stare at you like an idiot, grinning at you, like they do when you stop on a bike.
>>
I commute 40k every day. Here is my morning on my way to work from outside the city:

>bike lane
>gravel trail
>tunnel under highway
>subdivisions
>gravel trail
>crosswalk at highway
>subdivisions
>bike trail

It kicks ass.
>>
>>1091245
Some do, some dont.
Dont stop for a cyclist. Like I said woth the four way situation, if I was waiting to cross a road and you stopped for me, I wouldnt go either. Youre not supposed to be stopping for me, so youre already unpredidable in traffic. I dont know if youre actually stopping or when you might go again. Not worth it.
Also dont know how much of an asshurt manbaby your gonna be to me if I didnt suck your dick as a thank you enough by your standards.
You are creating the confusing situation here, not the cyclists.
>>
>>1085185
Well do you run red lights?
>>
>>1091281
>Youre not supposed to be stopping for me
And here we have a perfect illustration of the problem: ignorance. I am legally obligated to stop. There are big signs everywhere saying I, the cyclist, am required to stop, per state law. There are cops everywhere watching to make sure cyclists stop, and stopping them and writing tickets and issuing fines when they don't stop. And yet, you fucktarded pedestrians keep doing this. As a result some people stop, and some people zoom through, creating a snarled mass of fast moving bikes, stopped bikes, stopped pedestrians, and grinning stupid pedestrians staring into space like they're tripping their balls off. All because pedestrians are willfully ignorant of the law and proudly boast of their ignorance to everyone who will listen.
>>
>>1088168
i've been rear ended 3 times, twice by cars and once by another bike, for coming to a stop at a stop sign or red light
>>
>>1091341
>And here we have a perfect illustration of the problem: ignorance. I am legally obligated to stop
I'm saying cars aren't obligated to stop for cyclists unless you'd stop for them the same way you would for a car.
I'm not saying pedestrians aren't retarded, dude, of course they are. I've seen them literally jump in front of traffic and bikes.
>>
>>1091347
yep nobody expects that kind of shit from a cyclist.
>>
>>1091364
And here you are again blaming the cyclists? If he got rear ended by a car for stopping, that means the car wasn't planning on stopping at all, or at least doing a California Roll.
It's the motorists who are the danger.
>>
Am I bad person that I'm a regular bicyclist and whenever I see someone riding without a helmet, without lights, wearing dark clothes, disobeying traffic laws, etc I hope they end up splattered on the ground?
>>
>>1091396
>without lights, wearing dark clothes, disobeying traffic laws
I too hope bad things happen to them, as they're endangering others
>without a helmet
Who cares?
>>
>>1091396
I dunno. Sometimes depending on who's out, it's better the drivers just not be able to see you at all, it seems like. You're not a target for harassment.
>>
>>1091396
?10 pm
>coming home from work
>zooming along bike lane next to road, moving in the same direction as traffic
>headlight on, tail light flashing, very visible
>some fucking manchild on a BMX bike
>no light, dark clothes, no helmet
>going the opposite direction, against traffic

almost got into a head on collision with some fucking idiot that night, would have been pissed if we'd run into each other. Even with my headlight on i'm not expecting to have to avoid a fucking shadow going the wrong way
>>
>>1091341
>car coming 100 meters away
>motorist at an intersection stops, sees how far the car is, then goes
>predictable

>cyclist coming 100 meters away
>motorist at intersection suddenly becomes retarded and sits there until the cyclist rolls up, yielding to the car who they think is going to go/should have fucking gone already
>unpredictable
>>
Go on the sidewalks where you belong bikers
>>
>>1091448
It was never a discussion of cyclists yielding to motorists, or motorists yielding to cyclists, shit for brains

Yet more evidence that nobody understands, or even makes an attempt to understand, traffic laws

Driving standards are far too weak
>>
>>1091512
we need cleaner simpler rules. best solution is to put adaptive traffic lamps at every intersection.
>>
>>1091396
i call them ninjas
i think ninjas can look after themselves so i pretend i never saw them
>>
>>1091512
Cars only yeild to cyclist if they would have to yeild if it were a car. How much more simple can you make it? Are you retarded?
>>
>>1091512
this is entirely about motorists not knowing how to drive around cyclists. If they just treated bikes the same way they treat other cagers, everything would be fine
>>
>>1085467
That's not how most cyclists get hit. Usually it is cars not looking when coming out of driveways or cars not looking and turning right into cyclists coming into driveways.
>>
>>1088662
>All of this bullshit is to counteract cager behavior and nothing more.

And all because of corporate propaganda from the 1920s to shift the blame away from reckless cagers!!!
>>
>>1091534
Or you can simply not be an aggressive faggot and don't fucking run into people with your explosion furnace on wheels ever no matter what.
>>
>>1091646
I mean, it's true. More thsn anything the problem with cyclists in the US is cultural. Hate to be a fedora tipper, but if someone really buys into the GIT OFF MA ROADZ shit, they realyy are just brainwashed
>>
Bikes are toys the only respectable form of cycling is mountain biking
>>
>>1091618
re-read the discussion, you're lost
>>
>>1091718
Mountain biking? The literal toy activity? Mountain biking is super valid as an activity, but it's purely a pleasure activity; there isn't a practical application.
>>
>>1091718
>ebin trulolol XD
children shouldn't post on 4chan
>>
>>1091733
pleasure? shit is just painful and dangerous and dirty.
>>
>>1091647
or go fuck yourself with the retarded ideas that clearly and evidently dont work and let the adults talk!
>>
>>1091744
You understand what I mean. You're not commuting, you're not doing your daily chores or whatever, you're just having fun, however painful that might be.
>>
>>1091746
>me: don't murder people with your vehicle
>you: I'm going to murder people with my vehicle
>me: you are the bad person
>you: goes full raterd.
>me: shiggy.jpg

We need to take back our streets from being fully subsidized infrastructure for the automotive industry. Capitalism is a cancer.
>>
>>1089984
Caging ruins ur posture and starves you of oxygen
Rare to see a fat cyclist
>>
>>1091363
>I've seen them literally jump in front of traffic and bikes.
How else they gonna git their sue money and retire?
>>
Over forty million people get speeding tickets a year in the us alone, well over 50 mil wreck.

I don't think it's the cyclists who are having issues with transportation.
>>
>>1091797
no you retarded cuck the discussion was like this:
>you: Yet more evidence that nobody understands, or even makes an attempt to understand, traffic laws
>me: we need cleaner simpler rules. best solution is to put adaptive traffic lamps at every intersection.
>you: Or you can simply not be an aggressive faggot and don't fucking run into people with your explosion furnace on wheels ever no matter what.
wtf seriously what the hell faggot? you just went off topic by a mile and got into my face for no reason.
>me: or go fuck yourself with the retarded ideas that clearly and evidently dont work and let the adults talk!

then you went full spaghetti here: >>1091797
congrats for being brain-damaged and not afraid to advertise it!

if nobody understands the rules or they are not evidently clear to all participants in the situation then the rules or implementations are shit and the intersection needs to be changed.
>>
>>1091877
Will you guys kiss already
>>
>>1091751
i'm doing it to stay/get in shape and get out of the city to some fresh air. some go to the gym so go biking in the woods same shit it's a necessity health-wise unless you want to go full burger. also gyms have no air around here i almost blacked out after every set the oxygen level was so low, seen black rings and shit.
>>
>>1090050
>argumentum ad ovium
>>
>>1091877
The rules are simple as fuck. If uou make them simpler, motorists are just going to find a way to ignore those too.
>>
>>1085212
you described dead red law VERY poorly. dead red law is for when induction sensors cannot detect a vehicle, so after THREE MINUTES a motorcycle or bicyclist can run a red light, provided there is no traffic. it is NOT a law that you essential described as being "two wheeled vehicles can run red lights if they look both ways but cars cant". thats a severe misinterpretation. it is specifically to prevent law abiding motorcyclists and bicyclists from having to detour for intersections that cannot detect them

>>1085199
you are retarded please stay off the road for your family's sake. you are not a car
>>
File: af2.png (29 KB, 741x568)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
As a new rider:

When I drive my car I become annoyed at cyclists who cannot get away from the lights in a timely manner, thus holding me up or preventing the maximum amount of cars getting through the junction before the lights change.

Therefore when I ride my bike and come up to a red light I mount the pavement and become a pedestrian.

Do drivers prefer this or does it make them more annoyed?
>>
>>1092132
it's fine, but there is a problem, when the first car tries to make a right turn he has to give you the right of way to pass as a ped. and he will hold up all the cars until you pass to much the same effect or worse than if you just went right ahead.
>>
>>1091889
well here is simple for you:
>red = stop
>green = go
that's simple.
what is not the fucking clusterfuck of rules when there is no light not to mention you usually have no clear indication of having the right of way, which will result in a lot of hesitation from drivers unfamiliar with the area which hinders traffic then on the other hand drivers that think they know what's up and drive from routine will eventually miss the changes in traffic rules like somebody puts a new table up or removes one they will just drive as usual possibly causing an accident.

i think we have over 200 various scenarios of right of way in the drivers exam. that's how many you should remember years after. most could easily be eradicated with simpler rules and removing unnecessary shit about trams. just put a fucking light at every crossing involving a fucking tram at least!

if we only had about like 2-3 rules about right of way and there would be clear indication for all participants if they have right of way or have to yield it would be simple as fuck.

also the most retarded thing: puting stop signs and lines at places where you can't see fuck of the incoming cars or bikes you have to yield to. this is so widespread that people almost never stop at stop signs they just crawl through otherwise it would create an impossible situation. sadly when you crawl trough until you see what's coming you already put the nose of the car into collision curse with a bike that keeps to the right.

better organizing the traffic and surroundings of roads and simplify the traffic code is a logical thing to do not some comment barfed out about how "_those_ people are just ignoring the rules - or fucking exist - it would be fine otherwise"
>>
>>1092150
I have a very clear indication of right of way. If a car were in my place, and it would have right of way, then I have right of way.
Again, the rules are cut and dry; motorits just dont give a shit and arent expexted to know the rules past the drivers trsr, and barely even then.
>>
>>1092132
>When I drive my car I become annoyed at cyclists who cannot get away from the lights in a timely manner, thus holding me up or preventing the maximum amount of cars getting through the junction before the lights change.

the amount of time ive seen motorists take ages to get going when the light turns green makes this a literal non-issue that you're overthinking. Who cares if a car doesn't make it through the light?

besides, when im out riding i'm paying much more attention to things than i am when im out in a car
>>
>>1091972
>3 minutes

you think i've got time for that? it takes like 10 seconds at most to figure out if a red is safe to run.
>>
>>1092171
you are a retard at 90% of intersection there is no clear sign of right of way. it doesn't even has an explicit sign except for the green light.
>>
>>1092171
>motorits just dont give
try the other way around nigga, cyclists are not required to take a traffic exam nor to have nay license but even the ones that do just flat out ignore all the fucking rules.
>>
File: goncern.png (6 KB, 253x199)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>1092245
>imblying:DD the overwhelming number of cyclists dont have a drivers license
>imblying:DD a good deal of cyclists dont also own a car
>imblying:DD you dont sometimes walk
>imblying:DD that by your """reasoning""" your license and training seizes to be and you start breaking rules left and right because you are not in a car at the moment
>imblying:DD you may suddenly just jump into the steets
A-anon, are you alright? Should I call someone?
>>
>>1092244
What? You can't be this retarded. You come to an intersection, and whoever got there first goes. If you both got there at relatively the same time, it comes down to who is going straight and who is turning. Again, behave as if there was two cars, and not a car and a bike.
It's not my fault you are retarded.

>>1092245
You're right, that's why I wasn't hit by a car three times. That's why, driving around, I don't run into half a dozen people in a six hour shift who don't signal in time or at all. That's why I never see anyone speeding-ever. That's why I never have to slam on my brakes because an asshat rolled through the stop sign to peek out (Or maybe never stop if I weren't there?) instead of coming to a complete stop. That's why motoritsts shout at me to get on the sidewalk, even though it's clearly illegal in my area.
Kill yourself. The written and driving exam is a fucking joke, it's never taken again, and with the amount of damage you stand to do in your vehicle, you're just NOT held accountable. Sorry, Charlie.
>>
>>1092245
the "traffic exam" for a cyclist is common sense and personal agency. If i come pedaling up to a red light or a stop sign and i can see the entire intersection and there's no chance of a car crossing, im going to yield a bit and then run it. It is a waste of time to stop "just because the light is red"
>>
Is it weird that I carry a gun just in case someone runs me over I can try to force them to not leave me to die?
>>
>>1092298
>implying they would even stop in the first place and not just hit-n-run

lol
>>
>>1092297
Not only that, but you need to learn the laws yourself to throw back into the face of faggot motorists who think they know the rules.
>>
>Big main road near me
>Council don't want cyclists on it so build cycle path along the side
>Pedestrians walk along it

So what am I supposed to do? Go on the road where I'm not supposed to go (where I can easily hit 30mph)

Or cycle along the path and potentially wipe out an old granny?
>>
>>1092399
How about tell the council that people are walking on the cycle lane so they build a pedestrian path too.
>>
>>1092400
Will never happen. Then they'd have less money to build car parking.
>>
>>1092402
Time to start running into old ladies then. Aim for the head- the money saved in pension alone will provide enough money for a seperate path for them.
>>
File: 57f.png (540 KB, 600x850)
540 KB
540 KB PNG
>>1092408
>Time to start running into old ladies then.
>>
>>1091972
You're an idiot. Dead red laws vary from state to state, with some states having specified wait times and others just saying to do it "when safe"
>>
>>1092289
>Again, behave as if there was two cars, and not a car and a bike.
too bad you don't even know the rules cars have to adhere to. it's a bit more complicated then what you sketched up.
>>1092297
>It is a waste of time to stop "just because the light is red"
it is same goes for cars yet drivers very rarely do this crap. i have seen it of course but it's rare as fuck. cyclists on the other hand just don't give a fuck. and when i'm on a bike i don't give a fuck either. i just try not to get hit that's all. that's why i find it funny when spandex fags rail against cagers being ignorant of the rules. it's hilarious to be honest.
>>
>>1092459
No, it's really not
>>
>>1092459
And to add to that, when a cyclist bends the rules, you're complaing because you are jelous that you cannot do the same. When a motorist bends the rules, not only is the potential for harm greater, but you can kill two peoppe and make your escape unharmed. If a cyclist royally fucks something/someone up, theyre either dead or crumpled nearby in a pile. That's the fucking difference, manchild.
>>
>>1092470
>you're complaing because you are jelous
you are not paying any attention, you are just here to spout retarded shit out of your retarded mouth. anyone can cause an accident where other people die and he is unharmed be pedestrian cyclist or a fucking deer.
>>
>>1092459
Cyclists are usually much more aware of what's going on around them, as opposed to a motorist. I would trust a cyclist to "bend" the rules over a motorist any day.

however i agree that there's no reason why motorists should bend the knee so hard to "the rules". I had a guy yell at me about running a stop sign the other week and i just kind of laughed and kept riding

the penalty for fucking up as a motorist is usually a dent in the bumper and an insurance premium rate hike. The penalty for fucking up as a cyclist is injury and sometimes death. This kind of atmosphere leads to cyclists having to be "hyper-vigilant" and therefore much more informed about what is and is not a bendable rule
>>
>>1092501
>NHTSA estimates that the annual economic cost to society of speeding-related crashes is $40.4 billion. In 2012, speeding was a contributing factor in 30 percent of all fatal crashes, and 10,219 lives were lost in speeding- related crashes.
I think you're not seeing the big picture here. You're so butthurt about dem dere cyeklists you've developed tunnel vision. Please provide objective proof that dem dere cyeklists are as big an issue as you make it out to be. As in dollars. As in deaths. As per above. If you can't, then kindly shut the fuck up about what other people are doing wrong on their twenty pound vehicles and stop speeding in your two tonne truck, Cleetus.
>>
>>1092524
>I would trust a cyclist to "bend" the rules over a motorist any day.
that's just retarded.
>what is and is not a bendable rule
that's totally situational. you don't have to keep a single fucking rule if you are alone on the roads. but the moment there are others participating in the traffic the safely ignorable rules shrink very hard.

this bikers pay more attention is pure undiluted bullcrap i see them every fucking day they pay zero attention. they don't even look around when they cross an intersection more than half of them have their ears plugged with a headset listening to music no doubt.
i can't even tell you how many times a retard tried to pass me from the right when i used the turn indicator ahead of him and was slowing down for a right. they were lucky i knew they were there because often enough they are right in the blind-spot for the mirrors when i would turn.

commuters are the worst to be honest. they give the least amount of fuck about both traffic and rules. i have sen spandex fags participate in traffic as they should i have even seen them keeping up with the motor traffic, but these assholes on their granny bikes are pure suicidal.

we would have a fucking slaughter on the roads if the drivers didn't protect these fuckers very carefully anticipating their every stupid selfish retarded move.
>>
>>1092680
>waah waah why must i be responsible for not running people over with my murder cage reeeee
>*autistic schreeching*
This is what you sound like. Also, see >>1092533
>>
>>1092680
>that's totally situational. you don't have to keep a single fucking rule if you are alone on the roads. but the moment there are others participating in the traffic the safely ignorable rules shrink very hard.

thats my point you fucking idiot.

>they don't even look around when they cross an intersection more than half of them have their ears plugged with a headset listening to music no doubt.

you dont have to swivel your head 360 degrees to safely pass an intersection, especially when you dont have the inside of a car giving you "blind spots". plus how are earbuds any different than someone in a car with the music turned up?

> they were lucky i knew they were there because often enough they are right in the blind-spot for the mirrors when i would turn.

okay so you yielded to a cyclist and nobody got hurt, that's a good thing. "i DIDN'T run someone over an now I'M MAD about it" <- that's you, lol

>commuters are the worst to be honest. they give the least amount of fuck about both traffic and rules.

Commuters who spend the most time interacting with traffic and who often ride similar routes every week are usually the most knowledgeable about how and when to ride """""dangerously""""" (as you say) since they spend the majority of their riding time in the same, easily predictable environment

>we would have a fucking slaughter on the roads if the drivers didn't protect these fuckers
>cagers protecting cyclists

hahaha oh boy, this is too good
>>
>>1085195
Stop passing on the right of vehicles in the far right lane.
>>
>>1092756
The typical right hook accident is a heavy vehicle pulling up next to a standing still cyclists, and not letting the cyclist pass first on green. This is researched. It is the main rationale behind the advanced stop line/bike box.
>>
>>1085467
Please never drive again. Just because a light is green doesn't mean you start driving without checking your surroundings.
>>
>tfw some traffic lights in your area work via sensors that do not see bicycles
>>
>>1092712
>okay so you yielded to a cyclist
which shouldn't have happened by the rules

>"i DIDN'T run someone over an now I'M MAD about it" <- that's you, lol
no i'm mad about the scratches and dents these faggots try to make on my car every day. i like my paintjob intact. i could care less if they die if it's not my fault. altho i really don't need the mess with the investigation and perhaps trial, who has times for that shit?

>cagers protecting cyclists
indeed, we have to because of the chicken brains have totally zoned out riding from routine not looking not listening. i usually just use the horn when i see them not paying attention even if i wouldn't have hit them, that shakes them up a bit. gives them better circulation. you see? i watch out for their health.
>>
>>1092685
>murder cage reeeee
now that sounds genuinely autistic.
you are on the spectrum right? it's okay i'm sure you are not the only one here.
>>
File: 1497912496014.jpg (8 KB, 261x140)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>1092775
>>
File: NO_U.jpg (6 KB, 200x149)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>1092779
>makes a fucking literal 'no u' comeback
Wow. Can't make this shit up. You sure showed me there, big man!
>>
>>1092775
>>1092533
*AHEM*
>>
>>1092775
Literally, youre only being asked to look, it's what this all boils down to, and you wont. Tye dangerous one is uou, sorry, you shoulder more responsibilty.
Almost saw some kid killed yesterday because he was going to wrong way down a one way, and the driver coming up to the intersection only looked right. ( The direction a car could legally come)
A cyclist would look both ways. Wothout question.
>>
>>1092798
>and you wont
faggot do you even read or you are in write only mode?
>Tye dangerous one is uou, sorry
do you even fucking read?
>>1092787
i'm sorry i touched you at a sensitive spot i really do.
>>
>>1092804
If youre not the guy, sorry. Point still stands, though. Full-time motorists bend over backward to defens themselves.
>>
File: cager lawlessness.png (265 KB, 1183x1223)
265 KB
265 KB PNG
>>
>>1092798
>going the wrong way on a one way

That would have been the cyclists fault. Smart riders know how to ride predictably and are aware of how stupid cagers are, so they know to not do anything that might make them have to critically think for even a moment

>>1092775
"Rules" this, "rules" that, maybe make a decision for yourself sometime, eh?

Every time someone honks at me I smile and wave and keep pedaling, every time I run a red light I think of all the stupid cagers stuck behind me like cattle, every time I make a decision for myself I'm reminded of how much I love the freedom of a bike as opposed to the prison of a car

Thank you though, for giving me a real in-depth look into how idiotic cagers actually are, I didn't think it was THAT bad
>>
>>1092876
When your freedom gets scraped off the pavement one day at least you'll stop posting on 4chan. This 'I can do what I want on the road' attitude has a natural selection aspect to it, people like you tend to not live very long.
>>
>>1092876
you are doing drugs i'm sure of it now. they messed up your brain.

the prison of the car is faster safer comfier and air conditioned. i can only feel pity for the cyclist commuters. i just wish they paod the least amount of attention in their misery.
>>
>>1092877
Right, because of the motorists having the same attitude, mostly.
>>
>>1092877
*i can do what I want, when I'm able

(Translators note: "when I'm able" means "when it's safe")

You're missing the critical thinking aspect of this kind of decision making, what a surprise
>>
>>1085164
So I was driving in my city (Jersey city) at slow speeds (because lol if you can even make it past 25 in the day), and a bike runs the red cross and I have to stop short to not kill him. Please don't do that I have a plug in hybrid so I run silent in cities as is!
>>
>>1085333
...this is fucking brilliant, I mean there are plenty of STOP HERE because of truck turns so this works.
>>
>>1092798
That feel when it's legal for cyclists to drive both directions in most one way streets in my city. Cars are only tolerated here.
>>
>>1092944
Yeah. Cagers get scraped off the road all the time too.

>>1092954
You could make the same argument from a cager's perspective. "Looks safe"
If you're harder to see and more vulnerable you need to err on the side of not having a dumbass cager ram into you.
>>
>>1093006
Yeah, that's my point. CARS are the dangerous element added, and that's why you shoulder more responsibility, including following mote rules and having potentially harsher punishments. (Though traffic infractions are hardly enforced considering how much they happen)
You're acting like bikes popped up last week. Stop being a fucking child.
>>
>>1093019
Cyclists don't really need harsher punishments. Being hit by a car is punishment enough.

Education would go further than punishments. People are actually just stupid and if you tell them that the dumb shit they do is dangerous, with some emotional appeals like pictures of cyclists being power-washed from the tarmac they'll ride safer.
>>
>>1093026
Again, take that education imparative and focus it on motorists. Also make their punishments harder. Sorry, but cars are what makes an unsafe move for a cyclist a leathal one.
>>
>>1093006
>same argument from a cager, "looks safe"

exactly, if it's safe to bend the rules, bend the rules. this applies to everyone you dense motherfucker.

pro-tip: if there's a cyclist in the way, it's not safe
>>
ITT: Lycrafags admit to breaking the law while complaining cagers break the law
>>
>>1093184
Different things arent the same thing.
>>
>>1093221
The law is the law, try your excuses with a cop.
>>
>>1093223
I ran through a stop sign in a semi-busy intersection yesterday, practically right in front of a cop, nothing happened

If someone is driving dangerously, they put other people in danger

If someone is cycling dangerously, they're putting themselves in danger

There's a difference
>>
>>1093223
Youre not having s discussion by saying that.
>>
>>1093244
A cyclist getting himself hit with a car leaves the motorist with a big dent and insurance hike. Try to think of others.
>>
>Riding the wrong way into traffic
>Running red lights at busy junctions
>Weaving in and out of cars

You guys don't think shit like this is ok right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsk_4b7uABI
>>
>>1093223
law is not a metric for ethics, bootlicker scum.
>>
>>1093642
Whatever. Impact is so low. All that's really an issue is weaving through ped crossings when there's people in them. Everything else is being jelly.
>>
>>1093697
>Impact is so low.

>The guy that has to slam his breaks on to avoid
>>
>>1093708
I'll amend that to stopped still or near it traffic, then.
>>
>>1085251
if that law passes, there is know way you would be allowed to continue riding any bicycle. There is already electric bikes, do you think that market is safe from road laws?
>>
>>1093735
>here is already electric bikes, do you think that market is safe from road laws?
What?
>>
File: fucking bikes.jpg (107 KB, 1956x458)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>
>>1093941
I'll kill that faggot, son. Not our fault our overlords decided to make cyclists regulations basically bastardized motor regulations.
Until traffic infractions are actually enforced to the same degree their broken when it comes to motorists, I don't give a flying fuck.
>>
>>1093941
"i guarantee they'll blame the driver"

what a fuckin idiot lol
>>
>>1094020
it usually how it is. "he should have watched out better for the cyclists" is the usual line when a bikefag breaks all the rules and gets hit.

and in a way it is true, a driver has to expect the fucking morons with the brain of canada geese to do stupid things.
>>
How about this: When you buy a bike it should come with a little road safety booklet. Except if it's used, but then you'd still expect the person to have access to a booklet somehow. But really, we just need a fucking road safety booklet for cyclists; where cars can see you, where they can't, stop running red lights you fucker, and general advice on how not to get murdered.

Then when they get murdered they have a reasonable expectation of it's their own damn fault for purposefully making it more difficult for people in 2 tonne killboxes to see them.
>>
>>1094062
>where cars can see you
uhm... if the driver is texting or high on drugs maybe the car can see you, but you still get hit.

sure some situations are inherently more dangerous than others, but relying on others paying attention for you to be safe is retarded in my book.

bikes are not dangerous to cars concrete pylons and trucks are. obviously people pay more attention to avoid the things that can kill them. it's not human nature it's the entire animal kingdom that evolved this way.
>>
>>1094060
Most crashes i've seen were when the driver didn't see a biker and didn't give them room when illegally passes the biker... Sure they run redlights (people jay walk too) youre just mad bikers get to cut a head of you in line and make it through traffic quicker. Get off your fat ass for once! Luckily i live in a city with lots of bike lanes. Last case i saw where a biker was hit by a car in a bike lane here ended with the driver losing his home and complaining about not being able to send his daughter to college
>>
>>1094060
I think you're projecting, or straw manning, or whatever the term is

I'm an avid bike commuter and if I saw a cyclist run a red light or stop sign and get hit, even I would blame him for causing the accident.

The great personal freedom that comes with riding a bike also comes with accepting great personal responsibility for when you fuck up
>>
>>1094065
Cellphones and such reduce the person's focus so you definitely want to be easy to see in that case. If you want to ride on the road you have to face the fact that you need other road users to react to you.
If you don't like this, take the bus.
>>
>>1094094
>lets get mad at cyclists for acting like motorists can be anything other than fat, lazy, murderous cunts
Or maybe instead of acting like we cant fix it, we have a better drivers ed, and harder test, and harsher punishments.
Someone drunk drove a car I was in into a concrete barrier, hitting MY fucking side, I really could have died there, and they only had to pay like a hundred bucks and didnt even lose thier license for a year. Only a couple months.
>>
>>1094101
My view and yours are mutually compatible. Punishments for not paying attention should be extremely harsh, simply because as a cyclist, it's a requirement for my safety that people don't hit me with their murder cages.
>>
File: Dude+what.jpg (45 KB, 500x451)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>1094101
>Someone drunk drove a car I was in
Don't get into cars with drunk drivers, you twat.
>>
>>1094112
Long story short; rmtheu were driving me to the ER and I wasnt paying attention




Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.