[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 60 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: no love for the moon.png (122 KB, 608x350)
122 KB
122 KB PNG
>>
>commute on MUT
>Combination of strollers and joggers and one dog taking up entire width of both lanes
>Four times in 9 miles
>Have to pass on dirt by one group apparently hard of hearing
I need to buy a bell. Will that work? Or maybe a whistle?
>>
>>1113814
yep
>>
>>1113814
Air horn
>>
>>1113805
>Go out to train
>Glass spread across both lanes in a corner
>Can't stop feeling I punctured both tubes
>Go back home

They where perfectly fine, but fuck, I pay for clean and safe roads.
>>
>>1113819
Will do if the bell does nothing
>>
File: comfy.jpg (415 KB, 2048x1150)
415 KB
415 KB JPG
I had a nice ride in the forest after work today, lots of nicely maintained singletrack sections there.

22 degrees with light rain, probably the ideal riding conditions for me. Its just so insanely comfy, that cooling sensation of the rain. I love rain when it doesnt make me cold or too wet.
>>
>>1113837
trail riding or skateboarding in misty rain is the best feel. shirtless or with tank top. put your arms out, feels like flying through clouds
>>
Drafted off of a group ride for almost a dozen miles today. Not sure if that still counts as wheelsucking. I caught a couple dirty looks but they didn't say anything or try to drop me. They were already drafting for each other, so one more person at the back wasn't hurting anybody right?
>>
>>1113872
technically they would experience less drag
>>
>>1113814
dont buy a bell, people never hear it. I try shouting and that works sometimes. I like to just not say anything because when I do say something some of those idiots turn around directly into my passing zone. then there are the passive aggressive sorts that just pretend not to hear you, I shoulder those mother fuckers... its usually old white dudes and niggers.
>>
>>1113822
I used to ride through a rougher neighborhood where I would have to watch out for tons of broken glass and needles.
>>
>>1113814
I have a Crane on my commuter, people definitely hear that.
>>
>being a dick innacity
>moved onto sidewalk to bypass a traffic jam
>was makign a left from the sidewalk to the road
>watching the cages because a few went (against the light)
>sudden impact
>realize I hit a ped full-on
>some 20's guy, he was totally cool with it, neither of us were injured
>realize if I was a cage that guy would be in the hospital

First ped I ever hit that was my fault. I feel bad but hey, I was going slow so no harm done.

>>1113837

Nice woods. Wish I lived near some.
>>
>>1113837
>drivetrain pointed at ground
Stop right there you criminal scum!
Enjoy your ride though.
>>
>>1113805
Omw home from work at around 5 pm, passed by a grassy park and saw a lady bent over one of the picnic tables getting railed from behind. Mind you it's broad daylight out and they weren't even trying to hide it. Not going to lie I stared for a good minute or so as I passed by really slowly, then proceeded to crank one out after I got home, a-am I a vouyer cuck boy now?
>>
>>1113814
Drive a car. Then you'll know how the other side feels.
>>
File: 1506602327936.png (22 KB, 485x443)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>1113923
I leaned my saddle against the tree, the drivetrain encountered no abuse there. I just had to take a pee.
>>
>>1113814
I have a bell on both my bikes (even the crabbon fredsled, yes) and most people seem to appreciate it on the mups).
>>1113955
People say this a lot, but last time I checked cyclists very rarely completely block both lanes of a road. If they do it's critical mass, and fuck massholes tbqh.
>>
File: o8oqusy2jnoz.jpg (57 KB, 540x960)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
Not sure if this belongs here on in BQG but I was nearing the end up my ride today (only 30mi) and starting up one of my sprint climbs my thigh felt weird but I continued, got out of the saddle and started to sprint. half way up my fuckling leg locked up and I had to sit down.

I've never had this happen before, would would cause something like this?
>>
>>1113982
Not enough food and/or drink taken before the ride is the most likely reason.

Also there is the offchance that you recently bought new shoes and mounted your clips differently than you had previously, but I bet you would have figured that one out for yourself.
>>
File: 1506756501431-2005578664.jpg (1.39 MB, 3120x4160)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB JPG
>>1113818
>>1113814
Welp gonna see if this shit works on monday
>>1113955
I do, I don't know how it feels like to block all lanes of traffic with my friends though
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (110 KB, 640x454)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
Didn't have time for a challenging ride today but managed to squeeze in five miles before sundown.

Still just a beginner but this sort of ride kicked my ass when I first got my bike. Now it's just kinda eh. Next day off is Sunday, want to try a 20-mile ride then. I think I'm ready.
>>
>>1113872
Should have taken a turn at the front
>>
>>1113814
Bells are mandatory in my region. As a pedestrian when I hear a single or double-ding I stay far right as possible as I know I am about to be passed.
>>
>>1113876
this
They should bought you coffee and cake and sucked your nuts.
>>
File: fug_dis.gif (1.57 MB, 400x286)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB GIF
>>1113837
Sloppy trails are the best for riding. Local trail are closed and crawling with rangers.

JUST
>>
File: 1485225854559.png (246 KB, 1180x842)
246 KB
246 KB PNG
>>1113918
Me. Cycling through city. See a flock of Stacie's crossing the street slow as fuck. They don't notice me till I'm like 15 feet out. If they didn't see me it would be fine, I would just go around them. Instead some stop others continue and notice the others have stopped and turn around. At the same time the ones that stopped in the first place notice me slowing down and begin walking. The two groups met in the middle and they collectively decide to stop. At this point I'm already off the pedals just staring at them. Continue to stare until they just cross the fucking road already.

MFW literally the same thing happens when I stop for a group of deer in the country.
>>
did around 55-60kms last night, fought a headwind all the way out but caught the tailwind on the way back. wind is dumb. had a heavy load in panniers and sat upright.

critical mass rides are dumb as fuck and stupidly slow
>>
File: 1471209664094.jpg (45 KB, 600x600)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
Had a nice long mountainbike ride of 75km over the local singletracks.

Was very nice apart from the fact that I was chased by dogs 3 times, two times by small harmless barky dogs, but one was a very big threatening looking dog and it was on a technical piece of singletrack, I got scared and rode much faster than I was comfortable trying to get away from the fucker and nearly crashed. It kept chasing me for quite a long time too, just wouldnt want to give up. I hope it was able to find its way back to its owner alright.

Everytime a dog started chasing me, I heard the owner hysterically yell after the dog to stop. It was on a fucking sunday, and there were tons of mountainbikers out today. If your dog tends to chase after them, why in the fuck would you not keep it on a leash when walking in that area?
>>
>Commute to work
>5 min into the ride Garmin freezes, crashes
>Huh, that's a bit weird
>Turn it back on and record the ride to work

>Commute home
>10 min into the ride Garmin freezes, crashes
>This is concerning
>Turn it back on and record the ride home
Is my 510 dying?
>>
>>1114529
Do you have maps on an sd card? If so try removing the card. I've suspected that some Garmin crashes are the result of unhandled io exceptions when part of map is corrupt. So swapping cards or reformatting might help.
>>
>>1114570
>510
>Do you have maps on an sd card?
>>
>>1114594
casual
>>
Did a slow 3 miles around the block because I was tired and lazy and didn't feel like a long ride. Got to see Christmas trees in their natural environment, though.
>>
went 50 miles up north to what was supposed to be some very decent singletrack in amish country.

turns out it was EXTREMELY good. i'm going back tomorrow. with a chamois this time. fuck.
>>
>>1113918
Was he cute
>>
>>1114525
>I got scared and rode much faster than I was comfortable trying to get away from the fucker and nearly crashed

why does this board have such a problem with dogs. he was chasing you because its fun, dogs chase things with tires and try to bite the tires. its a game they play for fun
>>
>>1114799
are you one of those shit pet owner apologists
>>
>>1114801
no, but if that were to happen on one of my rides it would be a lot of fun. unexpected trail dog sounds like a blast.
>>
>>1114031
Always nice to come back to a course you'd struggle with before
>>
File: Cg-nJPqWkAAABTm[1].jpg (78 KB, 540x585)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>Road outside the house is wet before I set out for work
>Lets try out the full rain gear
>Overdressed, but it's tolerable
>Garmin Edge 510 works properly
>Except my cadence sensor was knocked out of alignment during the night by my dipshit brother - fortunately not pushed into the spokes
>The taste of mould in by bidons has been replaced by a hint of detergent
>Rains briefly just before work ends
>Work a bit of overtime so it will dry out before I leave
>Rains even more until I decide to leave
>Put on full rain gear again
>Against the wind this time
>boil_in_the_bag.jpg
>Overtaken by qt I recognised from the commute in a few days back
>Garmin freezes and shuts down 4 times during ride home
>Bike is splattered with road dirt because I haven't put my mudguards on yet
mfw
>>
File: p6pb15229700.jpg (610 KB, 1600x900)
610 KB
610 KB JPG
Found some rad rock slabs to ride this weekend
>>
>>1114938
Fug. Where is this
>>
>>1114938
Fuck are you trying to find Dante?
>>
>>1114938

casuals ride down
>>
Rode to one of the "local' (25 km each way) reserves/bike parks and fucked around now my gravel bike is all built up and finished. No idea what I'm doing really but had a decent time. Going up is pretty good but going down is shake rattle and fuckin roll.

Wondered a couple of times if I was going on a trail meant to be one way only but there were no signs and referencing the ride to the maps doesn't show anything. Those bermed corners that are so fun to fly down are hard work to go up, though.
>>
>>1113918
people should be fined for using headphones when walking/riding a bike/moped
>>
>>1114525
a leash wont help if its one of those bear sized dogs. usually their owner is a weak skeleton woman that can do nothing if the dog decides to do something.
>>
>>1114973
Kananaskis, Alberta

>>1115005
Dante who? Not sure about this reference

>>1115009
Uphills are fun too
>>
File: bIMG_1638.jpg (223 KB, 1236x866)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
Coming back from an evening ride I quickly glance over and back, then think "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?" I look again and it was just the moon rising.

I first saw it when it was a bit lower and it looked like it was a big while blob sitting on top of the buildings. The camera completely messed up the lighting. It was much darker than this picture makes it look.

The temperature dropped like a rock when the sun went down. Plenty of ninja cyclists out with their ninja children in the dark.
>>
>>1115469
DAWN OF THE FIRST DAY
>>
>>1115469

Yeah the moon was crazy tonight.
>>
>>1115469
This is cool shit what place you riding around
>>
File: bIMG_1649.jpg (341 KB, 1711x1283)
341 KB
341 KB JPG
>>1115496
Just outside Regina, SK. 3 km of harvested fields in the foreground before the first buildings. The area looks more densely packed than it actually is. At full 18x zoom the camera squishes stuff in the distance together.

In this picture the tower is about 3 km away and the two buildings on the left about 8.5 km.
>>
File: bIMG_1658.jpg (136 KB, 1296x972)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
Saw a nice reflection off a twisty creek just before getting home. Now this one looks darker than it actually was.
>>
I replaced the battery in my Edge 800 last night. Quite easy aside from reconnecting the incredibly short front panel connector cable. I ended up putting on a glove as it was difficult to do without risking touching the screen with a finger. It was definitely a good idea for me to watch a video as I might have had a few problems otherwise. The guy who made the video had his run time go from 5 hours to 17.5 which is more than that listed in the 800 specs despite the labelled battery capacity being 10% lower.
>>
>>1113814
I just thought of the perfect horn for a bike. Press a button and it makes a loud "catcall". It would automatically get women's attention so they can be offended and guys would look in hopes of seeing some booty.
>>
>Riding my brand new entry level Giant roadbike on the local bikeway
>flat tire
>have to walk 4 miles back home with the bike on my back while getting passed by soccer moms on beach cruisers and middle aged men in recumbents

Fuck this shit, I'm gonna buy a trainer
>>
>>1116102
or you could just ride with a pump and spare tube like an adult?
>>
Went for my first ride after a week of being off and not doing much to maintain fitness. I forgot to warm up, didn't really fuel myself well before the ride either but i only planned to do an hour or so.

10 minutes in i hit this local hill that i like to go full tilt on, maybe half a mile at decent gradient, decide hey why not.

Went at it, felt pretty good during, but as soon as i hit the ridge and eased off the power that's when my world came down around me.

Had to stop and get off the bike (i now know this is where i fucked up even further). Tunnel vision, couldn't stand up, vomited, pulse dropped from 180ish to around 40 then was irregular for the 20 or so minutes it took for me to recover then roll home

But hey, at least i got a PR and am now 9th on that segment, so it was all worth it right?
>>
>>1116113
and look like some tryhard fred? no thanks
>>
>>1116102
i would have stopped and helped
>>
>>1116102
>no friends / gf to call in emergency
>rides without means to fix flat

ISHYGDDT
>>
>>1116102

Why would a 4 mile walk be a problem?
Just change your mindset. You're out walking the bike.
>>
10 mile commute in 35 mins on mtb, not too bad. traffic in my area is not terrible but does move fast.
>>
File: 20171007_163504.jpg (1.29 MB, 2656x1494)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB JPG
Got caught in the rain.
Also apples stolen straight from a tree taste so much better than what you can get in the stores it's not even funny.
>>
>>1115009
Casuals think they're hot shit for getting up the hill when they can't ride down with greater proficiency than a wheelchair user.
>>
>>1116388

I am pretty sure that anyone with the skillset to ride up a rock garden has the skillset to utterly fucking destroy it on the way down.
>>
Well that's it for biking till the spring.
Just got blind sided by a car going 70kph. Walked away with a broken finger but I'm still a little shaken.
>>
>>1116521
they made contact? shit man did they stop
>>
>>1116522
they swerved and did a flip into the ditch. car is a writeoff.
>>
>>1116521
>>1116522
>>1116526
im in canada

how do i seek legal aid to avoid getting sued and maybe get paid?
>>
>>1116535
You can't "avoid getting sued".. you are or you aren't. At every courthouse is a Legal Aid representative that you can contact. A Clerk of the Court can provide contact information if Legal Aid is closed (they usually only run for a couple hours 2 days/week.

Do not expect good work from them, they're basically there to fullfil a legal obligation of representation & dotting the I's & crossing the T's. You'll get what you paid for: $0 (they otoh get $220).
>>
>>1116535
First piece of legal advice would be not to post any details here or anywhere else online. You've already posted enough that it wouldn't be difficult to determine where it happened. A car rolling over will almost certainly make the news.

Not sure what you meant by blind sided (and you probably shouldn't elaborate). Unless you did something like blow through an intersection its unlikely you'd get sued.
>>
2 windy days in a row, both with wind gusting over 50 km/h. Today it was only 5 °C giving the wind some extra bite.

Found a trashed ipad on the side of the road with the screen complete full of cracks and the body bent. Still turned on and the touchscreen worked. It was pass coded but I managed to determine it belonged to the gubberment from a sticker on the back. It was in a magnetic case so it was probably stuck to the roof of a car until a big enough bump knocked it off.

Monopoly at McDonalds Canada starts this week so I'll start finding lots of free shit on litter when I'm out riding during the next month.
>>
>>1116540
Wouldn't it require a police investigation uncovering his browsing history to have anonymous 4chan posts brought up in court?
>>
>>1116575
Other party's lawyer would be more likely to discover a public post than the police. Maybe in Canada it would be less of an issue since the prevalence of no fault insurance means tiny payouts compared to US. I imagine the risk of posting here is much smaller than something more directly identifiable like FB.
>>
>>1116582
I understand how that's in general good advice, but yeah, surely it mostly applies to FB. The chance of a lawyer finding posts on /n/ has to be pretty small.
>lawyer finds your posts on /n/
>uses them to pick apart your case
>you lose the trial
>stuck paying all costs
>on the way out the lawyer tells you to remove your valve caps and git gud
>>
>>1116587
If its anything like the uninsured driver that destroyed my car under no-fault. The insurance company covers the driver's claim. And instead of the at fault party having the other driver as an opponent, its the insurance company and all the lawyers / investigators they have at their disposal.

If anon was at fault it could be months before he even gets served. Though any charges laid by the police would come much sooner.

If the incident occurred near an uncontrolled intersection, whether anon was actually at fault could come down to whether car came from right or left, even if he thinks he did some dumb shit.
>>
Biked for the first time today in years. Rode for 30 mins and called it quits. Was the most difficult ride ever. Got home wheezing and panting. Puked all over my garage floor and ended up passing out.

I used to run fucking marathons once upon a time. How did this even happens bruh?
>>
>>1116635
You're lucky. Keep at it and you'll quickly make huge progress. The rest of us who aren't puking and passing out after 30 minutes will only be able to get comparatively marginal gains.
>>
>>1116635
The body rapidly destroys fitness you aren't actively maintaining
>>
File: 1503722245262.png (183 KB, 370x359)
183 KB
183 KB PNG
Somewhat ride related

>started cycling
>quit drinking
>mental health improved
>this goes on for almost a year
>slowly starting to enjoy cycling less and less
>mental health is getting worse (depression, voices etc are all coming back)
>don't want to ride but guilt from not riding is to much to deal with
>decide to start drinking again to get rid of guilt from not wanting to ride
>feel bad about drinking becasue it's gonna take a hold of me but I drink to get rid of the guilt from not riding even though I don"t too

I should have just killed myself when i had the chance
>>
>>1116759

Try becoming a tri-dork, learning to swim is a useful skill and going running might help you hate cagers less than you do now (though they deserve all the hate they can get).

worked for me at least.
>>
>>1116759
Switching up types of rides can help break out of the ride funk. Or do something different like riding at night. Gravel or mtb riding is much more peaceful away from the traffic.

I did a ride today that was on a busy highway for the first 40 km. The non-stop traffic was driving me nuts. Then I turned off onto a paved deserted service road that only went to a mine. Followed by peaceful gravel for the next few hours only seeing a handful of cars.
>>
>>1116521
>No space between the number and the unit symbol
>Abusing SI prefixes and unit symbols
Please re-read the SI Brochure.
>>
>>1117017
you should probably start posting links to the the si brochure to help make your point.
>>
How do people in car-heavy areas ride on roads?

My last work was easy to get to via back routes, but my current commute goes right through the busiest part of town, and has horrible drivers everywhere.

To make matters worse, the road maintenance is bad, the shoulders are nonexistent, and the people are rarely in a good mood.

I tried the commute once, and got honked at 3 times, name-called once, and aggressively passed on a narrow, shoulderless, two-lane road for quite a while. And that was in just one there and back.

I don't know how to put up with that kind of thing.
>>
>>1117021
Take an alternative longer, quieter route
>>
>>1117021
I find it fun. Try to ride fresh and pace or outpace traffic. It's a lot safer.
>>
>>1117074
All the roads around me are 45 mile per hour roads, either by actual posted limit or by how people choose to drive.

This makes keeping pace something impossible.

>>1117056
The only other route I know of still takes a bit of a crazy road that people do at 30-40 even if it's posted as 25 in some places.

To make matters worse, going home would require a long uphill on this route, for which I'm not sure I would have the energy to ride back.

The shorter route is the easy route, but, as mentioned, it goes right through the heart of the worst traffic in town.
>>
>bike to work
>Air gets smoky from the northern CA fires
>Figure I'll take the bus home to minimize breathing in of the smoke
>I left work an hour and a half ago and still have another 45 minutes to go
>Most of the time was waiting for the bus
>Spent more time outside breathing than if I were to just bike home (normal commute is 45 minutes)
>Can't really bike home from the bus stop I'm waiting at now since no bike Lanes, sidewalk is fucked from construction, my normal commute is a nw/se running trail and I'm taking orthogonal bus routes
Learned my lesson
>>
>biking home tired as a dog
>car ahead drives up bike lane to make a selfish left turn ahead before light goes out
>car behind tries to do the same, is blocked by me, giving him the finger
>ride past public housing
>full blooded nigger children fighting
>pajeet blocking bike lane in stopped traffic
>I ride past him and spit at the ground near his car
>gang of africans loitering at one end of the bridge
>fags on a motorike overtake me
>finally a good turn, the car behind didn't cut me off or undertake me trying to turn into my street
>get into garage, stupid omafiets bike still amazingly has its rubber strapon lights
>switch the rear and front lights around to teach him a lesson
Sure, I'm not prefect by any means, but what a ride.
>>
File: IMG_20171011_185358.jpg (233 KB, 1040x780)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
I was doing an evening ride and around mile 16 my calf tightened out of nowhere and I had to stop for a few minutes.

There wasn't much light but this lake was one of the comfiest spots I've ever rested at.
>>
>>1117147
I ride in a city in latin America. No
bike lanes, shitty roads, giant hills. Murderous busses.

Be visible, stick to the right, assume all cars are going to hit you.

Sack up.
>>
>>1117021
Take the lane.
>>
Not a great start for today's ride. Rear tire was flat when I was ready to go. Swapped tubes and it immediately started losing air. Since that was spare in my kit, at least I found out at home instead of on the road. Then 20 km into the ride I got a flat. Double checked all my patched spare tonight to make sure they weren't leaking.

It was cold, windier than forecast and my legs were stiff most of the ride. At least for the coming week the daytime highs will be nearly 20 C with the overnight lows back above freezing.
>>
>>1117928
You're supposed to check the tires for sharp things still being in them before replacing the tube.
>>
>>1117952
Always do. Position of second puncture was nowhere near the first and I had felt around the whole inside of the tire.
>>
File: bIMG_1689.jpg (448 KB, 1642x1231)
448 KB
448 KB JPG
Just shy of a century today, over 2/3 of it on dirt and gravel. This is about the time flocks of hundreds of thousands of snow geese come through. So on the way home I checked one of the ponds they frequent, and found it had completely dried up during the summer. Two other ponds in the area for me to check this week.

Tuesday night and Wednesday the wind is supposed to be as high as 100 km/h, so Wednesday can be a rest day.
>>
>>1118366
looks.. super.. exciting..
>>
>>1113805
43 miles. longest ive done so far. went out of my city into the farmland for the first time and everybody passed with lots of space. went to this hipster town that had bike lanes. well not rly bike lanes more like there were pictures of bicycles on the road and sometimes on the shoulder. the countryside is hella comfy tho!
horses trees old barns high voltage power lines small airports tractors.
someone said "nice bike" which has never happened before. i think they didnt know what they were talking about tho i have the cheapest road bike i could get. or maybe they genuinely liked it.
>>
this week has been surprisingly busy, especially for the middle of October. Now that winter kicks in there's a lot more food deliveries because people cant be fucked to get outside now. In the summer like, less than 1% of my deliveries was food. Now i'm taking about 2 every day. Not awful but I fucking hate food deliveries.
Also love it when dispatch doesnt check how much food it is and sends me to pickup a goddamn mountain of bullshit that'd be physically impossible for me to even haul half of

Man you see some weird shit being out on the road so much tho.

Recent highlights:
>dude on a motorcycle eating shit at like 5 mph in the middle of the road for seemingly no reason
>walking into a grocery store and seeing a woman sprawled out motionless on the floor with her husband ontop of her, crying, stroking her face (???)
>guy in a car followed me into a parking lot to ask me how i liked my bike because he wanted to get the same one
>business man and homeless man screaming at eachother incoherently
>>
File: bIMG_1698.jpg (174 KB, 1026x627)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
Out for a ride yesterday my legs were really sore. Raised the saddle 1 mm and they were great. So I finally decided it was time to deal with the parallax problem when it comes to measuring saddle height. Rather than pay US$150+ for a fitting tool I decided to make myself a knockoff of the Abbey Tools saddle fit tool out of a $2.50 piece of Masonite hardboard.

The pictures of it online made copying it somewhat easy since it had ruled numbers on it. Total length is about 45 cm with the nose stop 15 cm from the front. Width is probably around 16-18 cm, I made mine 20 which looks a bit wider. Waiting for the wood glue to dry before I try it tomorrow. Going to see if I can find some stick on ruler tape for the setback markings.
>>
>someone orders a 4 hour delivery
>drop off point is literally across the street from pickup

why tho
>>
Cager looking to turn cyclist here. Has anyone made the switch before?

I'm sick of spending $400 a month on petrol for my car. I have a motorbike but barely ride it.
>>
>>1119527
No one. You're a pioneer.
>>
>>1119527
Just how many kilometres do you drive each month? That sounds like a shitload even if your vehicles is a gasguzzling truck-cage.
>>
>>1119527
If you make the switch, spend a few weeks doing some casual cycling on the weekend, because you really need to build up your legs and ass. And then gradually phase in more and more cycling as your body can handle it. You can't just jump on a bike and commute 15 miles a day, you need a grace period. This is where lots of people who try and switch fail- they get on a bike, their ass and legs kill them and a week later they stop because they can't handle the pain any more.
>>
>>1119556
Around 1300km a month in a V8 BMW.
>>
Bought first bike. Rode 5 miles last night. Going to go do 20 today on an actual bike path.
>>
>>1119677
Do 10.

Your ass will thank me.
>>
Windy as fuck most of the past week. 2 days with wind gusting to 70 km/h with a peak gust of 120 km/h on one day. 30+ winds for the next 5 days. Then the wind is supposed to drop just as the daytime highs fall to just above freezing.
>>
Went out for a ride hoping to get up wind a decent amount before the wind was forecast to pickup. But about 20 minutes out before I even started heading up wind, someone flipped the switch on the wind tunnel and a sudden solid 50 km/h side wind. Decided to head back into the city and got tossed around by every passing semi.
>>
Went for a 2 hour ride around the local hills. Came back, cleaned my bike and drivetrain, then checked my tires for embedded stones. For some reason, there's only one shape of stone that actually gets stuck in my tires, and that's 'dagger shaped and directly pointed at my inner tube'.

It's also interesting seeing all the scratches and cuts and holes in my tires- all the 'near miss' notpunctures.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.