[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 69 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Meta on /qa/ only.
All meta discussion of boards is to be redirected to /qa/.

File: 1507340275530[1].png (282 KB, 800x447)
282 KB
282 KB PNG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pktyJpWbcKA

The Light Rail System connects Minneapolis, Minnesota to some of its surrounding towns and suburbs. The project is set to expand into more conservative outlying suburbs such as Hopkins. Bob Ivers of the Hopkins city counsel warns of "ethnics" "flooding" into Hopkins from "Welfareopolis."
>>
>>1115978
Agreed. I don't want the blacks from downtown flooding in and stealing shit.

I bike to the nearest station and then take the already existing infrastructure.
>>
>>1115978

lolwut

Hopkins is already the poorest and most ethnic neighborhood in the West-ish burbs and has been for a long time.

Literally the only place on Earth I have ever had my bike nearly stolen within 30 seconds of leaving it unattended but still in sight.

About the only thing a light rail into Hopkins would do is make main street worth going to occasionally.
>>
>>1115978
the biggest factor in moving above the poverty line is access to public transportation. i c no problem in helping people
>>
>>1115996

Ok now THAT is pure bullshit.
>>
>>1115978
Go back to your containment board, >>>/pol/

/pol/ out of /n/!
/pol/ out of /n/!
/pol/ out of /n/!
/pol/ out of /n/!
/pol/ out of /n/!
>>
>>1116063
What's your problem? This is more /n/ related than fucking bike racing and exercise threads you faggot.
>>
>>1116063
This is very /n/ related
>>
>>1115992
St Louis Park is still worst, unless (you)r from Edina in which case your a cake eater and can't tell the difference.

Hopkins is so tiny that the poorest areas are basically only on two streets, 11th ave south of Excelsior and Blake rd N till highway 7. rest is mainly mid level suburb houses
>>
>>1115978
Also fun fact about this guy Bob Ivers, back during 2015 for the Election of the hopkins mayor, he got, 71 votes about 7% even fewer number of votes than the total number of Write-ins (76)
>>
>>1116106
Sounds like he doesn't give a fuck, based Bob tellin' it like it is!
>>
>>1116107
he also tried to sue the city of Hopkins after he was cited for trespassing at an apartment complex and after it was dismissed he was convicted of stalking the clerk of the judge who dismissed the suit and was given a stayed sentence of 180 days and two years’ probation.
>>
>>1115997
there was a study that showed the neighborhoods that were closest to subway stations did way better bc ppl could get jobs in areas only accessible by car but they didnt have cars cus they were poor
>>
>>1115997
I've heard that too, It's about getting people access to better jobs
>>
File: 1480563393633.jpg (156 KB, 960x672)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>
>>1116111
>the real reason that public transport died out when it did was desegregation
This is absolutely true and everyone does this weird dance around the problem and uses coded language because they can't openly talk about it.

Pocs on public transportation is only slightly better than having wild hyenas on board. I don't want to use it for that reason alone.
>>
>>1116128
boomercar propaganda
>>
Wow look another thread about how America can't wrap their heads around the concept of public transport. What a surprise, I am shocked, how amazing etc.
>>
Green Line extension should be redesigned to go through Uptown.

Good on the Met Council to reject the construction bids.
>>
>>1116111
How do you explain the recent influx of middle/high income people (and corporate headquarters) into cities and the corresponding suburbanization of poverty, then?
>>
File: 1504722492956.jpg (159 KB, 808x960)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>1115978
>this is an elected representative of the people in United States of School Shootings.

Ho-ly shit.
>>
File: 1507405524375.jpg (171 KB, 960x672)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>1116128
>>1116140
>>
>>1116141
Cars are better because you aren't forced to be around a bunch of Tyrones. Watch this video and tell me if you notice anything about it https://youtu.be/bby7sGEk9fo

Try doing anything remotely that nice with Da'Quan and crew onboard. Ain't happening.

>>1116168
Public policy shifted nationally from inner city housing projects to section 8 programs
>>
>>1116177
Kek, nicely done.
>>
>>1116111
Are there documented cases of crime increasing and property values being depressed by the construction of a rapid transit line? I'm pretty sure proximity to transit increases property values
>>
So >>1116287 is me and I actually decided to do some reading on this subject
>the LA Metro Green Line, which runs through poor inner city districts as well as affluent suburbs, did not result in increased crime in the suburbs after the Green Line opened
>a similar effect was seen in the Atlanta suburbs after new MARTA stations opened
Why does /pol/ insist on forcing the tired "crime train" meme?

And the property values thing is fairly evident. Values tend to fall the further you away you go from a transit line, even in places like Phoenix that don't have a very extensive system. Also in my own experience since a new light rail station is opening in my (middle/upper class) neighborhood and my rent is increasing quite a bit faster than the city average.
>>
>>1116297
>Why does /pol/ insist on forcing the tired "crime train" meme?

Because it's true
>>
>>1116297
>Why does /pol/ insist on forcing the tired "crime train" meme?
Cagers will do anything just to not admit their laziness and inferiority of their mode of transport.
>>
>>1116303
Prove it
>>
>>1116303
>existing body of literature in general strongly suggests that it's not true
>b-but it's true!
What are you going to do, accuse researchers of being part of a Jewish conspiracy?
>>
>>1116416
Questioning the validity of research is a valid criticism.
>>
>>1116422
>can't win a technical argument
>resort to playing identity politics and conspiracy theories
This is like arguing with SJWs
Just kys my man
>>
>>1116422
>Questioning the validity of research is a valid criticism.
When the questioning is based on "muh feefees" it's not.
>>
>>1116297
I had this same argument with somebody about MARTA in Atlanta. Even showed statics proving that the "crime" problem is overblown and crime on MARTA has been on a downward trend in general. Still got the "its crime ridden because I say it is" response. All I fucking wanted was to not need to drive to get from Suwanee to Five Points.
>>
>>1116416
I found AN INTERNET STATISTIC, consider yourself EVISCERATED... heh

>>1116443
I'm basing it on actually having used mass transit

>>1116460
Just this year
http://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/dead-injured-targeted-shooting-marta-train-suspect-custody/Gc2Nb5mlWrtxqQ8CHO0JPJ/

You don't seem to understand that quoting statistics isn't going to allay the image of MARTA as a crime train. Clustering poor blacks on anything turns it to a texture worse than shit, transit included
>>
>>1116469
Not just "an" internet statistic, but pretty much the entire current body of literature

>I'm basing it on actually having used mass transit
The plural of anecdote is not "data"

>MARTA as a crime train
Crime happens on mass transit. No one is disputing this. However, that doesn't mean that mass transit exports crime to the suburbs, because the data doesn't support that assertion at all.
>>
>>1116474
Most people know how easy it is to juke any statistic, that's why we ignore people like you

>However, that doesn't mean that mass transit exports crime to the suburbs, because the data doesn't support that assertion at all
Police reports don't list "rode public transit" if the crime took place off transit property idiot, there's no way to account for what you're talking about
>>
>>1116477
Yeah there is:
>look at crime rate for the few years preceding the opening of a new transit line
>look at crime rate for the few years after the opening of a new transit line
That's how most of the studies are done.
>>
>>1116478
Specifically, the crime rate in a given area where a new transit line is built, in case it wasn't obvious.
>>
>>1116478
>all crime is reported and everything else stays constant, so nothing could possibly be flawed

Desegregation killed public transit, keep shilling juked stats and we'll keep ignoring you
>>
>>1116483
>hundreds of peer reviewed studies are "juked"
>but my anecdata is real
k
>>
>>1116469
Hah, it is you again. Read it and weep fag, tables are at the bottom.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.ajc.com/news/local/after-recent-killings-how-safe-marta/KUtM1GmuvSiNsKFs1Ln58L/amp.html
>>
>>1116484
>Telling me things I experienced in real life are less valid than data that can be easily manipulated for any particular cause
k
>>
>>1116487
All crime is reported. Statistics can never be manipulated. Good shit anon
>>
>>1116490
>it doesn't agree with my narrative so it can't be right
Back to >>>/pol/ with you.
>>
>>1116488
Anecdotes are not data. You can cry all you want about what you've seen but they may not be indicative of the general trend. You don't have an argument beyond "m-muh niggers and jews"

>>1116490
>crime reporting rates suddenly drop after a new transit line opens, because jews or something
Sure thing
>>
>>1116491
>it doesn't agree with my narrative so it can't be right
Literally what you're doing. All you have are numbers that may or may not be accurate, but they support your narrative. And people see right through it, including me.

>>1116492
>Anecdotes are not data.
Yes they are, they are my data, this is why politicians don't win by quoting statistics like an egghead. There's a major problem with peoples' perception of public transportation and you keep dancing around it and attacking it the wrong way.
>>
>>1116494
>All you have are numbers that may or may not be right
And all you have are anecdotes that may or may not be an accurate reflection of what's happening in the community at large, and a bunch of half assed "debunkings" of peer reviewed studies.
>>
>>1116488
>trusting what a biased observer says on the internet
>>
>>1116496
But I'm actually right. Transit has a serious image problem and you've failed to prove that I'm wrong.
>>
>>1116501
>you've failed to prove me wrong QED
>>
>>1116502
Proving you wrong wasn't my purpose or intent. Cheers
>>
>>1116501
That's not what we were arguing about, though. It certainly does have an image problem.
We were debating whether or not transit exports crime to outlying suburbs, and you've failed to provide any actual evidence to support your side.
>>
>>1116504
You've failed to provide any actual evidence to support your side, just easily manipulated numbers

I'll stick with my personal evidence my man
>>
>>1116508
>the fact that Redondo Beach, El Segundo, and Manhattan Beach didn't become crime infested warzones like inner city LA after they were connected with a rail line isn't evidence
>the fact that the Atlanta suburbs didn't become crime infested warzones like inner city Atlanta isn't evidence
>the fact that the suburbs of DC didn't become crime infested warzones like inner DC isn't evidence
Just a few things to chew on if anecdata is more your thing. You don't see packs of inner city blacks roaming around any of those places, even though they can just easily hop on the crime train to go rape and pillage the suburbanites.
>>
>>1116516
Too little, too late. You had your chance and failed.
>>
>>1116518
Behold the brave hero of /pol/ on the front lines of the fight against Jewish schemes like data and peer review
Truly we are blessed to have such individuals stand up for the truth
>>
>>1116494
>Literally what you're doing. All you have are numbers that may or may not be accurate, but they support your narrative.

My personal experience of riding MARTA daily for 5 years agrees with the numbers and tells me you're full of shit. Arguing than your anecdotal experience is representative of the entire mass transit system when not backed up by statistical evidence is called a logical fallacy.

>>1116508
>please accept my logical fallacy as fact

There's your (you)s
>>
>>1116555
You brought up the Jews, not me. I submit that you are a bigot.

>My personal experience
Wasn't mine. And guess what, more people agree with me than you, as evidenced by nearly zero MARTA expansions in the Atlanta region since its initial construction.

Everyone knows you can manipulate statistics. Everyone. Most people in Atlanta have probably been on MARTA at least a few times. Whatever opinion they form of their use, good or bad, overrules an autist regurgitating statistics. You can quote numbers all day but you'll fail to change minds, just as you did in this thread.
>>
>>1116501
Image problem =/= actual problem
yes most transit does appear a level just slightly above complete shit but that doesn't mean it actually causes a real issue and not just some non issue that has something you personally don't like and can use as an excuse to autistic screech about.

Plus fun fact about this line in specific, its swinging north avoiding the densest part of Minneapolis for a tunnel in the woods so the idea of people on welfare from the city center having easy access to the western subs is a little shaky

Coincedently there is another theory that is floating around the fact that three of the stations are suspiciously located near or downright in the corporate campus of a few of the major employers of the region (Opus, UnitedHealth Group, American Medical Systems, Comcast, Optum) while some of the other stations are located what seems like the in the middle of nowhere from abandoned industrial areas to literal fucking fields with the only connecting them is planned developed bring new housing complexes that are estimated to go at the lowest for a studio flat to be $3500-4000 a month and almost double for a single bedroom
>>
>>1116563
Why would you improve transit access to transit dependent populations with low car ownership when you can travel through parkland?
It will be faster for suburban commuters to take their current express bus to downtown then it will be to take the train from the end into downtown.
>>
>>1116596
The express bus that serves that area isn't that much faster than the normal bus only by about 10-15 minuets from end to end iirc its 55 minutes plus a little walking for the normal bus vs 44 minuets on the express. Plus it only has 8 departures a day, 4 eastbound to the cities from 6-8am and 4 westbound to the suburbs 3-5pm. Not really sure what the expected travel on the train is supposed to be 35-40 minuets from end to end which is better than the bus seeing as the line goes a good 3 to 4 miles further south west than the current bus routes but it's still twice as slow as driving (depending on traffic that is)
>>
>>1116562
>Wasn't mine

It's ok, I knew you were talking out your ass.

>thinking majority opinion provides factual basis

Just because that's the majority opinion doesn't mean it's true. Especially not when opposed by data.

MARTA never went farther than N Springs because in part because nobody wanted to sell the necessary land, and in part due to the false belief that it would export crime to Alpharetta, Roswell, and Johns Creek. But despite the "crime problem", Dunwoody and Sandy Springs are filled with luxury condos, apartments, and houses convenient to the stations with more being built every year. So much for that crime problem.
>>
File: img048.jpg (2.29 MB, 3509x2550)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB JPG
>>1116614
I don't think you're very familiar with Southwest Transit. The LRT line literally terminates at their busiest park and ride station. Some of Southwest's routes go several miles further south/west of the LRT terminus.
>>
>>1115978
>of the Hopkins city counsel

WUT?
He's a last place mayoral canididate, you moron. Not city council.

http://www.startribune.com/hopkins-mayoral-candidate-says-light-rail-would-bring-ethnics-and-coloreds/449776713/
>>
>>1116139
>>1116111
>>1116153
Too true, this happens in everything not just transportation. Private schools are the exact same idea, keep your kids out of the schools filled with blacks.

I wouldn't want a single tax dollar going towards expanding rail like that.
>>
>>1116128
Do you have a version without the antisemitism that could be shared with normies?
I really like the theme though.
>>
>>1116737
Oh I forgot about SW Transit, I was only thinking of METRO transit. In that case taking the 690 will defiantly still be faster (bought 30 mins with no traffic) so the only benefits the SWLRT will have if built is it'll run during normal hours and not just during rush hours like the 690 and won't run only once a hour like the 698 during said normal hours.
>>
>>1116563
>Image problem =/= actual problem
Wrong. The image problem is why transit doesn't get expanded. Perception is reality and has been for a long time.
I still contend it is actually dangerous and that much crime involving transit isn't reported and statistics can be juked anyway.

>>1116618
>It's ok, I knew you were talking out your ass.
"My firsthand experience doesn't matter, only yours does."

>because nobody wanted to sell the necessary land
Eminent domain retard. It never went further because
>the false belief that it would export crime to Alpharetta, Roswell, and Johns Creek.
Which is actually true.

> Dunwoody and Sandy Springs are filled with luxury condos, apartments, and houses convenient to the stations with more being built every year. So much for that crime problem.
You're so full of shit lol. I watch and read the Atlanta news daily, crime definitely does happen there.
>>
>>1116863
>"My firsthand experience doesn't matter, only yours does
Who's experience lines up with the crime statistics? You'd likely refuse to fly after experiencing a hard landing because according to your personal experience, flying is too dangerous.

>Which is actually true
Cite your sources. Sources posted ITT say it's not true, and is just another boogieman used to kill public transportation iniatives.

>You're so full of shit lol. I watch and read the Atlanta news daily, crime definitely does happen there.
I fucking live in that area dumbass. It's not unsafe or crime ridden in the slightest.
>>
>>1116863
>The image problem is why transit doesn't get expanded
then why is it getting expanded

> Perception is reality and has been for a long time
By that logic the earth is flat since it's impossible to see the curve from the ground

I still contend it is actually dangerous and that much crime involving transit isn't reported and statistics can be juked anyway.
yet your still more likely to die in a car crash than on public transit and the "crime" it brings. That and if your so scared of the big bad man sitting next to you, your just a sissy.

>Muh firsthand experience
I have a strong suspicion its fake and the entire thread so far is just bait
>>
>>1116912
But the earth is flat you fucking sheep faggot
>>
>>1115989
fpbp
>>
>>1116180
I wish I could get breakfast on the train.
>>
>>1116910
>You'd likely refuse to fly after experiencing a hard landing because according to your personal experience, flying is too dangerous.
Irrelevant

Cite your sources. Sources posted ITT say it's not true, and is just another boogieman used to kill public transportation iniatives.
Good. At least I'm not a numbers autist and realize any statistic can be manipulated for any reason.

>I fucking live in that area dumbass. It's not unsafe or crime ridden in the slightest.
You can lie to yourself about it all day but you're not deceiving me. Hence why you're still sperging out
>>
>>1116912
>then why is it getting expanded
It's not. More miles of highways are built each year than are miles of busways/railways

>yet your still more likely to die in a car crash than on public transit and the "crime" it brings. That and if your so scared of the big bad man sitting next to you, your just a sissy.
I haven't died in a car crash yet

>I have a strong suspicion its fake and the entire thread so far is just bait
You've failed to make an argument that nullifies mine. You've lost.
>>
>>1118163
>>1118165
>>1118166
>>1118167
A little late for the Sunday trolling aren't we?
>>
>>1118165
>It's not. More miles of highways are built each year than are miles of busways/railways
not auguring which is getting expanded faster unless you have prof that the amount of transit ways is DECREASING per year
>I haven't died in a car crash yet
And you haven't died in public transit so by (you)r logic QED. but if your not someone who eats paints chips you would realize I was talking statistically speaking.
>You've failed to make an argument that nullifies mine. You've lost.
I'm sorry [autistic screeching] is not a valid argument, please try again.
>>
>>1116063
Nigger
>>
Here is a fun fact.
Thats shoenices racist uncle
Not even memeing
>>
>>1118165
>You've failed to make an argument that nullifies mine
Pretty sure the burden of proving that transit systems *do* cause crime in suburban areas falls on you, since you're the one making wildly unsubstantiated claims inconsistent with reality.
Not to mention your "argument" consists of second-hand anecdata and "everyone knows this bro I swear" and claiming any data you disagree with has been "juked," which hinges on implying that the rate of crime reporting in an area drops after a transit station is built in that area, which seems unlikely. What, you think suburban homeowners are part of some conspiracy to make transit look good by not reporting crimes anymore?

Fuck outta here, you've been getting comprehensively BTFO and all you've done is the internet equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and going LALALALALALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU
>>
>>1116063
go back to redddit and enjoy living in make believe land faggot
>>
>>1118384
wtf lol, he does look like shoenice
>>
File: No-Hands-Vodka-Slam.png (334 KB, 640x370)
334 KB
334 KB PNG
>>1118840
Hey everyone, Shoenice again.
Well baaaaasicallllly the yellow train is gonna bring a bunch of niggers from welfarapolis but none of them can slam a bottle of vodka with no fucking hands so im not too worried about them taking my job
>>
I would vote for that guy
>>
>>1118846
kek
>>
File: Mayor elections 2015.jpg (29 KB, 656x240)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>1118978
you know part of me wants to let this thread die but another part of me wants to keep up up in till the results of this year election and see if he does better or worse than 2015
>>
>>1119302
I wonder if we could use the power of 4chan to get him elected
>>
it's a fucking disgusting world we live in. i'm just so disgusted that we different races behave differently. i just wish there were no different races and cultures. i wish i didn't have to defend my people or hating other races. i wish i didn't have to feel insecure about not being white.

all i can tell you is that i'm a classy person, i grew up in upper middle class southeast asian family. i'm probably as civilized as most whites. and i will have to move to the US someday, because i just have to. because american culture is the only culture i feel attached to.
>>
>>1119790
it's just really sad that our natural behaviour is not very positive and kind. there IS such thing as 'superior culture', and by that, means there's one winning culture that a lot of people on earth wish to be part of.

i just wish they could end welfare policies in america, so that the poor people can die, leaving only the best nonwhites, so whites don't have to secretly dislike us again.
>>
>>1116111
>>1116139
>>1116153
>>1116834
is this really how most white people think? it's just really sad that i'll never fit in smoothly in the society i prefer to associate with. i went strict on my diet, only to break stereotypes that nonwhites smell. i don't smell at all, i've left meat and onions, no matter how much i like them. i'm always bathed in perfume. i dress better than average whites. etc etc. but also, it's pretty sad to think about, that in order to be on par with the average smelly whites, we have to smell a lot better. americans will see smelly whites and smelly nonwhites differently. that's what i don't like about races being different. i wish we were just one race, with similar traits.

i wish the jews' attempt at creating one gray race succeed. i don't want to be below anyone anymore. pretty blonde girls must see me as below par, now.
>>
>>1119790
We love asians here, come to america , you will thrive.
Just dont be thug , thats literally all you have to do.
We also totally love black guys that talk like white guys and are not violent.
I dont understand what is so fucking hard.
>>
>>1119800
>Just dont be thug
i can't. we can't. us asians are low testosterone so we're not prone to aggressive behaviour.
>>
>>1115978
Nothing like racism to get people to oppose a policy.
>>
>>1119823
Its the one thing that brings us together
>>1119804
Dude none of this applies to you. No one wants to be mean to asians, but many do want to have sex with your sister
>>
Now you listen and you listen good
>>
>>1120721
>pay taxes and don't rape
But that doesnt apply if I am already here right?
>>
File: 61QhELjx4SL._SL1433_.jpg (102 KB, 1433x1000)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
Is the train actually yellow or is he making a racial slur?
>>
>>1116297

in my city the beggars use the train to quickly get between the rich part of town and the heroin part
>>
>>1121141
Are they ethnics or opiates ?
>>
File: betelgeuse joker.jpg (46 KB, 604x339)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>1115997
>people having access to cheap reliable transportation to make a commute easier/possible somehow doesn't give poor people more options for jobs/education/political engagement
>>
>>1121363
Poor people already have access to all sorts of things to better themselves . They make use of none of it in productive ways.
>>
>>1119302
When is his election ?
>>
>>1116099
St Louis park? Jews are “ethnics”? What century do you people live in?
>>
>>1122878
November 7th

>>1122881
nah SLP is worse in terms of crime and general looking like shit. and all the "Jews" are mainly around Aquila neighborhood so they don't really do anything
>>
>transporting your stolen goods via public transport

The perfect crime
>>
>>1116106
>Bob Ivers
He is the hero we deserve
>>
>>1119302
>>1122878
>>1123456
So how did he do?
>>
File: 1480726872867.png (205 KB, 278x288)
205 KB
205 KB PNG
>>1116111
that's an interesting way to think about it. It's kinda true with White flight.

Sometimes I hate taking the subway because of minorities (*cough* blacks *cough*) and wish I just drove a car/motorcycle.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 840x91)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>1124423
He lost hilariously bad.

sauce: http://electionresults.sos.state.mn.us/Results/MunicipalRaces/107?districtid=30140
>>
>>1124475
embarrassment.jpeg
>>
>>1115997
>>1121396

This. Poverty is the societal manifestation of variation in heritable intelligence.

Go to any neighborhood mired in multigenerational poverty and make everyone take a proctored IQ test and do the same in any of the upper middle class suburban enclaves where Range Rovers are as common as RAV4's and I'd bet hard money that the median scores in each neighborhood are at least two if not three standard deviations apart.

>>1115996
>>1121363
>>1116127
If only it were that simple.

>>1116125
Neighborhoods that are close to subway stations do better because subway stations attract young professionals and upper middle class new urbanites like flies, displacing the poorer folks who lived near them and improving the neighborhoods surrounding them by simple population replacement alone.
>>
>>1116128
We need to strip away the 1960's "neighborhood activist" driven modern interpretation of individual property rights, not to mention all the damage that leftist boomers did to the permitting and environmental impact study processes, and make it once again profitable for private operators to built and operate their own light rail, streetcar, and subway networks.

Remember that the interurbans were mostly built by for-profit corporations, as were the old INT and BMT subway systems, which was exactly why they were all so pornographically extensive back in the day.

State-funded and state-built light rail and transit systems are exactly what that cartoon implies them to be, but urban rail, as built in the early 20th century, is a triumph of the free market and individual/institutional liberty and freedom of choice, and is an end that we all must once again aspire to.
>>
>>1124514
>I'd bet hard money that the median scores in each neighborhood are at least two if not three standard deviations apart.
assuming that's true, and I'm not saying it isn't, it doesn't prove that it has anything to do with heritable intelligence when it could also indicate access to e.g. better education or nutrition.
>>
>>1124521
Education and nutrition has been proven to cause 5-10 point improvements in childhood IQ, but the improvement seems to have no connection whatsoever to adult IQ. There's a wealth of data that suggests that IQ is between 50 and 80% heritable and far more environmental in childhood than at adulthood, and there's very little strong data out there showing that environmental or educational improvements can carry even a 5-10 point IQ increase from childhood on into adulthood.

In all likelihood, IQ, or biological general intelligence, is most likely a heritable trait not unlike height. Childhood or adolescent malnutrition can certainly lead to someone who was going to be 6 feet tall in the best of circumstances top out at 5'10". No amount of excess, good nutrition, however, will make someone who was going to be 6' tall top out at 6'5" instead. To believe that general intelligence, a measure of our brain's computing power which is a literal, physical measurement, behaves any differently is nothing but magical thinking to keep alive a dearly hoped-for "reality" that is more comfortable for us to think about.
>>
>>1124525
Why are you so racist?
Who hurt you?
>>
>>1124537
>oh no his facts and objective observations hurt my fee-fees!

KYS, m8
>>
>>1119302
>>1124475
Well he got over 100 more votes than last time around. Still pretty pathetic, though.
>>
>>1124525
source
>>
>>1124626
My racist anus.
Also known as my raycnuss
>>
>>1124537
>>1124670
>racist

Where the hell did I ever say that? The phenomenon of the concentration of people with sub-average heritable intellect leading to multi-generational economic underachievement knows no color boundaries, and is just as applicable when describing rural or exurban white poverty as it is when describing urban black poverty.
>>
>>1115978
>He doesn't realize that Lightrails only exist to increase property values.
>>
>>1124767
which is why I asked for a source for those numbers, I would think that IQ while defiantly has a factor involving genes, isn't as heritable as height as you eluded to but if you have any documents to prove other wise I would be willing to revise that opinion (also some what hesitant in how strong the correlation between wealth and IQ is but that's besides the point)
>>
>>1124884
>(also some what hesitant in how strong the correlation between wealth and IQ is but that's besides the point)

you cant be serious
>>
>>1124967
somewhat, there is defiantly a strong link between IQ and job performance but actual wealth is a bit weaker for example it is possible for a person that got all As in school/university to fall into poverty and inversely it is possible for a drop out to be well off in terms of income

http://www.emilkirkegaard.dk/en/wp-content/uploads/Intelligence-and-socioeconomic-success-A-meta-analytic-review-of-longitudinal-research.pdf

Although quick question, how low of IQ are you implying cause if your think of a range of 75 or lower than there just mentally retarded and probably have a care taker helping them.
>>
>>1125056
IQ is the single biggest predictor of success.
>>
>>1125056
>>1125058
forgot link

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2015/09/16/is-iq-a-predictor-of-success/#6626a3f73604
>>
>>1125059
Then I'll coincide that there is a stronger correlation than what I was implying. However the article itself brings up points that while confirms its a factor, isn't an absolute determining such as

>IQ is one of the strongest predictors of future "success" that we know of, for an individual, it is a weak indication

>However, the total R-squared of using both variables was only 0.14. That means, knowing your parents SES as well as the child's IQ, together only explained about 14% of your future outcome

>Don't equate "IQ" with "intelligence". It's still a matter of, at times heated, debate as to what "IQ" actually measures.
>>
>>1125056
IQ and grades have a fairly poor correlation, but IQ tracks much closer to standardized tests like the SAT, MCAT, LSAT, etc.
>>
>>1125078
>Don't equate "IQ" with "intelligence". It's still a matter of, at times heated, debate as to what "IQ" actually measures.

The best way to think of IQ scores is to see them as the biological equivalents of CPU or GPU benchmarks, testing the ability of your brain's biological computing hardware to complete a set of standardized, comprehensive tasks meant to replicate the extremes of cognition seen in the real world.
>>
>>1125078
>only explained about 14% of your future outcome
That is a fucking ENORMOUS correlation.
In statistics that is about as powerful as it gets.
>>
>>1125103
Which is why the the fact that the LOWEST correlation found between parental IQ and the IQ of their children is 0.5 (and only goes up from there) is such a big deal.

Almost as big of a deal as the fact that this is all settled science within the cognitive psychology world but has been effectively suppressed from consumption by the general public because of the ugly political implications that it carries.

Biological determinism is Galilean Heliocentrism 2.0 for the 21st century.
>>
>>1125103
I was under the assumption you where implying that IQ accounted for around 50% of future income or even above. My fault for misinterpreting your earlier points.

Though now I'm curious how many other factors make up the remaining 86% and what there correspond percents are, has to around 10 others at the minimum since 14% is the largest percent.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (39 KB, 1280x720)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>1124475
He was too good for this world
>>
>>1125106
isn't that just Lamarckism
>>
>>1115978
BRAVO for that little yellow train!
We are going to have all the ethnics we want!
>>
>>1125109
>how many other factors make up the remaining 86%
This is how basic math works to be sure but its not how this sort statistical analysis works.
There is no such thing as accounting for the whole in this arena.
You will never be able to chart success with a pie chart that is filled out in any meaningful way.
This is why that 14% represents such a smoking gun.
A smart person will succeed to the extent of their drive and ambition.
>>
>>1126033
>A smart person will succeed to the extent of their drive and ambition.

Whoa there buddy, you need to watch it with that kind of hate speech around here /sarcasm.

Seriously: Biological determinism will be the Charles Darwin "On The Origin of Species" moment for the social sciences, and it will cut through the dogmatic pseudoscience that has all but defined that area of study just as viciously as evolution plunged the sword into the back of the religious establishment and the narrow-focused "biological sciences" field that it presided over.

It's going to shatter the entire foundation of modern social politics, but it needs to happen. Just as Copernicus paved the way for modern physics and Darwin paved the way for modern biology, biochemistry, and not to mention modern medicine, acknowledgement of the heritable, biological origins of socioeconomic successes, failures, and inequities will allow us to take our societies into the bright, beautiful futures that they wholly deserve.
>>
>>1126174
Spotted the racist
>>
>>1125106
so what is the specific sequence of genes that determine IQ then
>>
>>1126409
Its likely a cocktail of many sequences.
Probably wont be able to nail them all down for a decade or more.
>>
>>1126409
It's these sorts of comments from the left that really drive home the fact that intellectually, they're bringing a butter knife to a lightsaber fight as far as the debate over biological determinism and human biodiversity is concerned.

It's a little cute, honestly. It almost reminds me of the young-earth creationist moral majority types saying shit like
>Can you tell me exactly where it says in my DNA that I came from a monkey? Checkmate.
when trying to fight people teaching evolution and genetics.
>>
>>1126420
No. If IQ is directly linked to genetic as you say then there should be a sequence that determins it same with height, hair color, skin pigmentation, etc. So its only a matter of time in till we discover it or not.

But untill then making the "leftist" argument by [autiticly screeching] and conflating a soft science like social science trumps hard sciences the same way they believe gender studies somehow overturns biology
>>
>>1126420
And the way your trying to "teach" evolution is like trying to teach astronomy with Tycho's version of the solar system.
>>
IQ is plainly a heritable trait.
No credible biologist argues otherwise.
I have the EXACT score as my father. Anecdotal i know but this happens all the time.
>>
>>1126436
Could it be because both of you are in relatively the same living conditions?

Plus most self respecting "biologist" (think you mean people who specializes in social studies rather than biology) argree its the mother that has more of an affect IQ due to the fact its usually the mother who raises the child in its early life.
>>
>>1126436
>here's my anecdote
>And here's another anecdote as to why you should take my first anecdote seriously
>>
>>1126442
>think you mean people who specializes in social studies rather than biology)
No i mean evolutionary biologists.
Hard science rather than sociology clap trap
>>
>>1126428
Yes, we may be trying to teach astronomy knowing only Tycho's model of the solar system, but at a time when everyone is doubling down on the Ptolemaic model while shrieking and calling us racist heretics for even dating to point out that planetary epicycles and the earth-centered hypothesis don't line up with both anecdotal AND scientifically valid observed data, you know, I feel pretty comfortable saying that we're on the right side of this.
>>
These guys go into it pretty deep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0KKc6GbeNo

I have found the Ruben Report to be pretty fair
>>
>>1126420
>he says not realizing Lennon would speak about how being proletariat was genetic and being bourgeoisie was a genetic defect.
Get in the helicopter you damn Marxist
>>
will he run again?
is his district so hopelessly liberal that a rational conservative has no shot?
>>
>>1126595
Sure but what would Ringo say?
>>
>>1128177
kek, nice.
>>
>>1128165
I don't think this guy is a rational conservative in any way
>>
>>1128267
What do you think he is wrong about?
>>
>>1128447
"Rational" conservatives are free marketeers but most importantly they're rational and sensible. Think of the few John McCain/Jeff Flake type guys left in Congress, not most of the populist riff raff that got swept into office a year ago.
This guy is just kind of a slack jawed retard who doesn't really give a shit about any of that and just wants to spout thoroughly debunked racist nonsense. Look at his vote total, he's clearly a joke candidate.

I miss the days when the GOP was respectable.
>>
>>1128482
So you deny that the little yellow train will bring riff raff and trash from welfareapolis?
Good luck debunking that part.
>>
>>1115978

HE IS RIGHT, THOUGH.

>indisputable fact
>>
>>1128512
Yes, I do. The data show (and examples in other cities can be seen) that extending transit access to wealthier neighborhoods/suburbs does not meaningfully impact the crime rate. In fact, it increases property values.
Are you the same Anon who insisted earlier in the thread that all data he disagrees with is "juked"? If so, kindly hang yourself.
>>
>>1128542
Not sure what "juked" means but that damn yellow train is nothing but a tube
>>
>>1115978
Essentially the same reason MARTA can't get very far out of Atlanta.
>>
>>1116128
These onion comics are so good
>>
Bump for more of Based Bob Ivers

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.