[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 29 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 14th Birthday, 4chan!

File: bikesters.jpg (30 KB, 378x252)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
how come bikesters are always riding on the very edge of the bike lane? its like they wanna die
>>
>>1116175
Because bike lanes inevitably become full of rocks and gravel and garbage and other things cars discard from their windows. The bike lane is a good place to get flat tires or have shit flung up on you, especially in the rain or in a group.
>>
Same reason they tell motorcyclists to ride on the tire "tracks" of the in front of them.
>>
>>1116175
1. Bikes are not required to use these painted lanes in most countrys
2. Debris always gets to the edge of the road
3. Car doors might open from the side without any warning, so you keep about 1,5 m distance from them
>>
>>1116175
I do want to die. I think it'd be easier on my parents if I die in an 'accident.' If you do happen to hit me, do it at speed to ensure my demise.
>>
Could have at least chosen a picture of a road with a bike lane.
>>
listen guys, we really need to stop being complete wienies about this shit. That is a valid bike lane, much more room than normal desu and these guys dont want to use it. They proabably think that the extra gramz to get decent tires, maybe some liners and good tubes are too much weight for their "training". I would understand a race condition wanting to save weight, but for training purposes its retarded. You spend $5k on a bike but cant afford a training wheelset? So you then ride in the street pissing everyone off? then get offended at drivers when they finally road rage your ass? Seriously the little snowflakes of this world who feel they are incapable of doing wrong need to leave so I dont have to be associated with you when I ride.
>>
>>1116221
there is no bike lane in that photo
only a narrow shoulder with possibly irregular pavement that looks even narrower further back where the grass is
if I were them I would be taking the lane more aggressively to prevent close passes
>>
>>1116231
oh i get it now. bikeyboys never went to drivers ed so they dont know what a bikelane is
>>
>>1116231
Better cry troll because nobody is really this stupid, that bike lane is about 4 foot wide.
>>
I usually ride the line so I have space to move into if a car gets close.
>>
>>1116179
>>1116189
This. Something you won't notice in a car because it's too small, and wouldn't bother a car tire anyway, could cause a puncture or a crash for a bicycle. Debris of any kind, cracks in the pavement, and so on.
>>
>>1116247
There's a difference between a bike lane and a shoulder
>>
Because the retarded transportation department put the bike lane in the door zone and I don't want to get doored
>>
>>1116254
The riders in the back are on the shoulder, the ones in the front are moving out of the way of the photographer
>>
File: door_free_bike_lane.jpg (64 KB, 650x380)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>1116254

that is a bikelane, dumb friend
>>
>>1116175
that's a hard shoulder nigguh
>>
>>1116175
What bike lane?
There's no bikelane in this picture.
>>
And usually there is a "rumble strip" about a foot away from the white line
>>
>>1116355
dont really see, it the photographer looks like he is out of the bike lane and standing in the dirt
>>
>>1116175
That's not a bike lane it's a shoulder you absolute gargoyle
>>
>>1116254
>Better cry troll because nobody is really this stupid, that bike lane is about 4 foot wide.

The white line is called a FOG LINE and it is there to help drivers stay on the road, especially in the dark or foggy conditions.

It's not illegal to cross the fog line, however a police officer might suspect you of DUI or give you a ticket for failure to stay within a lane.

Bikes are supposed to stay as far right as PRACTICAL*, except when making a left turn and except when the lane is so narrow they must take the entire lane and ride in the center to insure their safety.

PRACTICAL* may not be immediately obvious because a cyclist may be responding to many unsafe conditions like sewer grates, broken pavement, debris, and other hidden and potential obstacles.
>>
>>1116386
>>1116541
oh look at all these little trolls, I remember when trolling was a art.... not this crap 0/10 pkys
>>
>>1116221
I fucking hate cyclists.
>>
File: bikelane.jpg (281 KB, 650x488)
281 KB
281 KB JPG
>>1116221
>That is a valid bike lane
I don´t see any indicator for that, I just see a white line on the shoulder of the street.

There is no sign visible saying "bike lane"
There are no bike lane specific markings like red asphalt, bike symbols on the ground etc.

Also we don´t see what is ahead of them, we only see that the photographer is on said shoulder so there could be a car parking, a bus stop or something like that since there is a additional concrete surface next to the shoulder.

Pic related is a valid bikelane with signs all over it telling you it is one.
>>
>>1116641
that's not a bike lane either though, that's a bike crossing. Not that it makes your point invalid though, just saying.
>>
>>1116643
>bike crossing
Yes a part of the picture includes a bike crossing leading to a bike lane.
>>
>>1116644
looks like a footpath to me
>>
File: 1504813502977.jpg (147 KB, 400x392)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>you should buy an expensive set of training equipment because I a car driver cannot be inconvenienced by your presence on the road
Can't wait for the rest of the civilised world to start imposing japanese restrictions on car ownership.
>>
>>1116645
If you look at the signs you can see that it is a combined footpath and bikelane.
>>
>>1116646
>Can't wait for the rest of the civilised world to start imposing japanese restrictions on car ownership.
Better idea:
>remove on road parking spots in inner city
>replace with seperated bikelanes
>make roads more narrow
>2 m maximum per lane

The less cars you can park in inner citys, the less sense it makes to drive there.
The smaller the road, the smaller the car.
>>
>>1116648
few months ago they already increased parking fees by 200% in my city
we're heading into the cage-less feature.
feels good
>>
>>1116649
>cage-less future
There will always be some delivery traffic for heavy stuff that requires some kind of semi truck and emergency services that require something like a car.
It won´t be cageless, but it could be cage reduced.
>>
>>1116650
>if I cannot have my individual motorized wheelchair ambulances are not allowed

This is what cagers actually believe
>>
>>1116650
commercial and service vehicles are not "cages"
>>
>>1116651
You did not get my point, a ambulance is a cage as well and has a good reason to exist.
I don´t support driving a >1000 kg vehicle in a city and the heaviest thing I drive in the inner city is my 70 kg moped.
>>
>>1116644
a separate bike path is not a bike lane though. The discussion was about bike lanes included in the body of a motor vehicle road
>>
>>1116653
my car weighs 800kg
feels good man
>>
>>1116648
>>1116646
In Tokyo they have a law saying that in order to buy a car and register a car there you have to show a receipt for a parking space in the city
They should have that law everywhere, you have to buy or rent a parking space before you can bring a car into a city
Would go a long way to keep people from parking in bike lanes or blocking in people's driveways
>>
>>1116650
I have nothing at all against a professional driver delivering cargo in a city, or an ambulance or fire engine having right of way everywhere
Its the fat middle aged bitch in a mini van i'm worried abuot
>>
>>1116696
>In Tokyo they have a law saying that in order to buy a car and register a car there you have to show a receipt for a parking space in the city
you what, why doesn't this work everywhere?
>>
>>1116703
Because not everyone lives in jew York where no one has a driveway
>>
>>1116927
>another american with is amerimemes
>>
>>1116927
But then your driveway would be registered as your parking space.
If your driveway is large enough it could even count for 2 or more cars.
>>
>>1116175
They couldn't ride straight without the line, don't blame them for their incapability.
>>
>>1116649
More like a future in which only the reckless rich cunts are able to afford cages.
>>
>>1116957
as long as comrade stalin keeps their numbers low I'm fine with that

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.