[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 12 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 14th Birthday, 4chan!

So /n/, what's your plan to improve public transit in your area, and why is it numerous, complex, unending highway improvement projects?
>>
File: Bullet Train Plans.png (529 KB, 2038x849)
529 KB
529 KB PNG
i've been fantasizing about grand infrastructure projects for my province, like importing japanese bullet trains
>>
I'm thinking about a 80 year old infrastructure project for europe involving a 3000 mm gauge high speed rail network that conects the most important cities with Berlin as some kind of hub.

Of course the trains would not be steam powered as in the original plan, and not drive only 200 km/h...
>>
>>1117127
isn't that way too wide to be feasible? the weight on the middle of the cars would be massive
>>
>>1116931
Just rebuild the old nation spanning railways, do proper maintenance on the existing ones so trains can ride at non crawling speed, actually put more money on freight companies so trains give a big fuck you to the many thousands of trucks choking everything and make passenger trains a reality, putting a price closer to buses than to planes
>>
>>1117204
>Give more support to companies that profitted several billion dollars last quarter.
You're retarded.
>>
File: 22.jpg (67 KB, 640x779)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>1116942
Isn't the orange line where some tourist train is running old class 628s?
>>
>>1117206
where do you think I live?
>>
>>1117211
North America.
>>
>>1117214
north america has a proper railway grid already, and passenger trains too
I'm in brazil, where trains were cucked to death since their golden age on the 19th century
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (124 KB, 1280x720)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
They're building this "Elgin-O'Hare Western Access" tollway right outside Chicago. The orange part was built 20 something years ago and was called the Elgin-O'Hare Expressway, but it reached neither Elgin nor O'Hare. It goes mostly unused and tore a community in half. I like to use it as a speed strip on Friday nights.

The green part was impressively built in a little over a year and will open next month. This stretch alone cost billions.

The blue part is the whole purpose of the project and will take until at least 2025 to complete. That part, along with a possible western terminal, gives travelers easy access to O'Hare airport. That is, if Chicago actually builds the terminal and if Canadian Pacific cooperates (they aren't, and they own a stretch of rail on the west side of the airport that may need to be moved).

I kind of rambled, but I thought you guys might like to hear about a baffling highway expansion.
>>
>>1117238
Canadians are terrible people and the only way you ever realize this is by dealing with their railroads.
>>
>>1117238
That's pretty interesting. If this was anywhere but Illinois or New Jersey I'd be surprised they didn't just tear down what little was built.
>>
>>1117202
Well, the cars would have been significantly larger than todays ones.
Basicly a house on rails.

The intention was to build a comfortable, fast (250 km/h on steam) rail transportation system to conect the newly conquered east with the rest of the german Reich.
Basicly the wet dream of every /n/ and /pol/ crossposter...
>>
>>1117490
>>
>>1117492
>>
>>1117490
>>1117492
>>1117493
looks like a nice dickwaving alright, given that you could afford it
>>
My plan: rebuild the entire interstate system. It'll take a generation at least. Lifelong employment in the construction sector. Emphasis on separating commercial traffic from other vehicles.

>>1117204
>>1117206
This, can't believe anyone thinks private freight rail carriers should be given more money. Clueless.
>>
File: Melbourne-Metro-Tunnel.jpg (177 KB, 1005x565)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
Actually OP, it's 9km of new rail line mostly underground.
>>
>>1117530
t. Subsidized truck driver/company
>>
>>1117543
Problem, trainlet?
>>
>>1117547
>I will bait people in the slowest board of 4chan for some reason
keep going then, kiddo

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.