[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 31 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: 22.jpg (123 KB, 1280x830)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
What does /n/ think of Chinese made vehicles?
>>
Vary high qualety
>>
File: x1.jpg (13 KB, 355x355)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
chinks are stepping their game up across the board
>>
Depends how much $ you pay, really
>>
File: t01e8c1b6bd1e1923dc.jpg (54 KB, 554x555)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>
>>1143787
What am I supposed to be seeing here?
>>
>>1143795
Chinese made buses autonomously destroy cagers
>>
>>1143799
Ah, nice
>>
>>1143732
95% asbestos
>>
File: DRhIr4RW0AEiFOX.jpg (166 KB, 1200x675)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>1143732
The MBTA's new CRRC-built units looks pretty nice, desu
>>
>What does /n/ think of Chinese made vehicles?
my bus company tried one of these out because Victoria was selling them cheap and only a couple years old. it had to be scheduled to return to the garage after each shift because it only held 8-10 hours fuel, and it broke down every other day.
>>
>>1143834
Of course Boston would forsake America for ching chong shit. They probably did it with glee, the fucking traitorous leeches. Their time will come
>>
>>1143799
in china, cagers destroy themselves. especially taxi drivers
>>
>>1143962
Are you aware that since Budd and St Louis Car Company went out of business, there aren't any American railcar manufacturers anymore? All new railcars are built by foreign companies, although I think the law requires them to be physically built in plants in the US. The new MBTA cars are built in Massachusetts.
>>
The Chinese can only compete on price but as they secure more and more contracts they will eventually take over the market from all the major players.

(Unless they truly cut corners as we assume they are and innocent people die horribly.)
>>
>>1143962
Chicago also bought trains from CRRC.
>>
In TransJakarta
Before buying bendies from Sweden
Most of it is Chink made or “local” production
>>
>>1144016
>>1144043

I don't care

We don't need to do more business with the Chinese
>>
>>1144052
Yet your elected representatives keep awarding contracts to Chinese companies and all the stores you shop at stock their inventory with Chinese goods.
>>
>>1144052
China owns the US so get used to it buddy
>>
>>1144054
tbf, KinkiSharyo and Bombardier don't have great records either
>>
>>1144054
Transit agency leaders generally aren't elected

>>1144059
It owns a little more than 10% of us, no need to enlarge that number
>>
Chinese vehicles are very high quality.

They are built to better standard and quality than Japan (Kawasaki) or European counterparts.

It is so good that American Rail Companies are buying these Chinese goods!

Good luck MBTA and LA Metro systems!
>>
>>1144070
Bombardier is fucking terrible at making trains, they have botched all of their most recent contracts and are actually banned from making trains for the MTA.
>>
>>1144133
> Being that obvious
>>
File: a01_jd_13july_art1.jpg (28 KB, 432x292)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
My hometown of Albuquerque ordered 20 of the battery electric buses from a Chinese company for our new BRT system. We were supposed to get all of them by October. We only have 9 so far and they can't even hold a charge.
>>
>>1144153
CHINKD
>>
>>1144153
Congrats anon, your city got meme'd by the battery electric meme. I hope your BRT works out for you, I realise you couldn't justify trams.
>>
>>1143962
If the alternative is having a protracted nightmare procurement with Kawasaki or Rotem or buying poorly built, unreliable pieces of shit from Breda, Bombardier, or Alstom, can you really blame the T for jumping on the chinks where they know they'll probably get the worst of both worlds but also that they'll pay $.50 on the dollar compared to what Bombardier, Alstom, and the Nips would want for their shitty trains.

Which, shockingly, is exactly what happened, and the CRRC bid was literally like 50% of what anyone not named Hyundai Rotem wanted to deliver the same order.

And it's especially irrelevant in the 2010s, as any manufacturer these days is doing barely more than design, bodywork, and systems integration, as all the major electrical components, controllers, and running gear all come from the same German/Japanese suppliers while CAF/Kinki/Breda/Alstom/Bombardier/Kawasaki/Rotem just stuff it in their own bodyshell/bogie design.
>>
>>1144153
That's what you get for not planning a proper transit system. Fuck buses.
>>
>>1144153
Should've used diesel-electric hybrids or just hung wire and run ETBs.

>>1144292
You shut your whore mouth, BRT gets a bad rap because American cities often do a shit job of it , but Albuquerque ART is going to be ITDP Gold Standard BRT (like the oft cited Curitiba system) once complete. That's as good as if not better than most shitty light rail projects that get built these days in this country.
>>
In 2008/2009 a lot of new King Long buses flooded the center of our country. One of the local carriers wanted to buy many buses in a fast and cheap way.
Never try to buy that shit.
>>
Will the bell go ching-chong or will it be more of a bing-bong
>>
>>1144045
>high platform bus

Is that a thing?
>>
>>1144817
For true BRT, yeah it is, but only a handful of systems are "true" BRT while the rest are just rebranded buses to get the niggers and the greens to shut up about there not being more public transit.
>>
File: banners_1.jpg (821 KB, 1224x740)
821 KB
821 KB JPG
>>1144417

I'm gonna assume you don't live here in ABQ. ART has been a complete fiasco. Not only are the buses barely functional, much of the infrastructure is going to have to be rebuilt. Some of the station platforms are not at the correct elevation. I know at least one station was positioned in such a way that it is physically impossible for the buses to even align with it properly while staying in the dedicated lanes. It was supposed to open back in September, but it looks like it will take another year to sort everything out.

I was all for improved transportation along Central despite most of my close friends and peers being complete NIMBY's about the whole thing, but I have to admit, somebody fucked it up. If ART is to be the Gold Standard for BRT in America, then The prospects for BRT in this country are not very good.
>>
>>1145093
You missed the key phrase, "once complete."
Yeah, obviously a lot of corners were cut in construction and procurement, but if it ever works as planned it'll be ITDP gold standard. Dedicated lanes, off board payment, level boarding, signal priority, etc are why.

Most "BRT" in America has been value engineered to the point where it's just a bus with a new paint scheme.
>>
>>1144052
Then either run for office that puts in transit leaders or start your own railcar maufacturing company.
>>
>>1145294
No dipshit
>>
>>1145294
Would be nore effective to be the head of Department of Commerce
>>
>>1143962
Think that's just the test unit being assembled in China. The others will be built in Springfield, iirc
>>
>>1143732
Ching chong ping pong gonna kill you all.
>>
>>1145294
This is actually my long term strategy; to try and get domestic production of a lot of things back up and running.
>>
>>1143732
They suck.
>>
>>1145709
Technically, railcars *are* being produced domestically, as required by law
They're just built by US subsidiaries of foreign companies (e.g. Siemens has a plant in Sacramento and Alstom has one in upstate NY)
>>
>>1145729
Worthless! All of it should be done within the country.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.