[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/n/ - Transportation

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: ocean.jpg (286 KB, 960x986)
286 KB
286 KB JPG
Why are plane tickets so expensive?
>>
>>1188973
Jews
>>
Aircraft maintenance, Insurance, planes suck like 2 gallons of jet fuel per second. Staff onboard the plane is negliable compared to the mechanics and engineers at the hangars.

Travel is cheaper than ever before in history. And it doesn't require month long treks on horseback
>>
>>1188973
I have a bigger question OP, why are rail tickets almost the same price as plane tickets?
>>
>>1188996

Their main source of income is people who are afraid to fly.
>>
>>1188973
Unnecessary checkings, like security in airports and so on.
>>
>>1188973
I once paid a taxi driver €70,- for a 40 km ride. I would have been €90,- but I made a deal. It's crazy. Compare that to plane tickets and things suddenly don't looks so bad anymore.
I just checked. A 2500 km flight cost €150,-. There is no way I could do it cheaper myself. Or faster.
>>
>>1188973
They're not, considering the technological marvel and incredible energy expenditure and financial investment that is modern air travel.
>>
File: armed dizzy anime.gif (966 KB, 583x580)
966 KB
966 KB GIF
>>1188973
why in the name of jesus would they be cheap? if you wish to board a huge ass steel bird that flies you through the fucking air burning oceans of fuel and destroying the planets ecosystem while only taking so many people you're gonna FUCKING pay
>>
File: trainvsair.png (285 KB, 1900x2172)
285 KB
285 KB PNG
>>1188996
>rail tickets almost the same price as plane tickets
>almost the same price
That'd be nice.
>>
>>1189036
Why bros? Why?
>>
No real competition, at least in North America.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oe8T3AvydU
>>
Nigga it's actually cheaper here to fly than to go by bus or train and i live in mofucking europe.
>>
>>1189256
Yes, but it often takes longer to use an airplane, especially for shorter distances.
>>
>>1189256
this. short-haul flights should be taxed to hell and back so that people ride the rails instead.
>>
The why fuck everything cost money?
>>
There not. I flew Vancouver to London round trip in 1985 for $650US, I just checked and it’s still the same price over 30 years later
>>
>>1189260
>taxed to hell
No, taxing them like other modes of transport should be enough.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.