[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 40 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: angry sun.jpg (84 KB, 1366x768)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
Angry Sun Edition

How was your ride?
>>
File: 20180704_101220.jpg (1.18 MB, 2560x1440)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
ITS SO FUCKING HOT ALREADY HOLY SHIT
>>
>>1209517
Post a vid of you DJ’ing on that thing
>>
File: ed.png (33 KB, 468x638)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
Finally cracked 1000W which for me is an accomplishment since I'm a 5'9 62.5 kg climber/TT rider
>>
File: IMG-1521.jpg (3.26 MB, 3376x2288)
3.26 MB
3.26 MB JPG
Got in around 35 miles this morning. God I hate riding in the south in the summer. You can see my hoods are soaked in sweat, as was all of my brand new bartape and my top tube. I can't wait to be living up in the mountains again soon.
>>
>>1209526
and a manlet
>>
>>1209520
Is this from an actual power meter or just Strava's approximations? Because they're pretty damn inaccurate
>>
>>1209576
They're from a power meter, Strava doesn't give you all those additional metrics just from an approximation.
>>
>>1209516
I only ride during the night after sunset, wich is like 10:30 PM where I live.
IT IS TOO FUCKING HOT!
>>
File: malga budui.jpg (92 KB, 960x720)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
Did a 70 miler over Malga Budui to Valdobbiadene. I left my phone at home, so I had to steal a friend's picture. It maxed out at about 90F by the end.
>>
File: cage driving weird (1).png (806 KB, 1280x720)
806 KB
806 KB PNG
I have no idea what this particular individual had in mind when driving:
>>
File: cage driving weird (2).png (835 KB, 1280x720)
835 KB
835 KB PNG
>>1210039
>>
File: vendyboi.jpg (1.02 MB, 2268x2268)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
did the popular sprint segment on the waterfront the other night. strava says i hit 33mph. i don't really believe that at all.
>>
>>1210051
I wish there were more outdoor vending machines. They have all but disappeared around here. I think walmart is one of the few places that still have them, but I try to avoid riding in that hellscape parking lot.
>>
>>1210054
yea, no fucking way. vending machines are one of the few really american things that i like. especially machines that take credit cards. like yes, i want to purchase sugar-salt water with my card pls.
>>
Had a couple of slightly warmer days this week (southern hemisphere here) but it didn't matter much because by the time I get out it's already cooling down. Did a 40 km loop both days and was totally cooked by the end of it.

Have basically not ridden in 2+ months because of injury and general lack of motivation. I'm a fair weather fred tbqh.
>>
File: 1528371100843.png (461 KB, 565x486)
461 KB
461 KB PNG
>>1209516
60km test ride, I wanted to test several things. This year almost wasn't able to ride, so I gained weight and last month I went out two or three times to ride and pain appeared on my groin and some skin under my balls were red. Didn't know the reason since I have never had that problem, the only thing I changed was that I lowered a bit the saddle. Other cause could be that my shorts are really shit+6-7kg (fat legs), so yesterday I decided to buy a new better bibs and raised the saddle a bit. Today I tested both things and the pain dissapeared, no more marks on my groin and no more pain.
Ass hurts a bit but it's because I need more hours on the saddle this year.
>>
I got up at 4 am to beat the stupid weather forecast for today.
>take first pedal stroke: ** grind **
I immediately suspected my chainring was too worn to work with the new chain I installed the other day, but it was too early to screw with it. Turns out the teeth were holding onto the chain as it came off the bottom of the chainring, but it happened under load and wouldn't do it on the workstand.

Of course neither LBS carried a replacement. I was going to replace the cassette at the same time, but they didn't have one of those either. The chainring wasn't that easy to find online at a reasonable price either.
>>
File: IMG_0828.jpg (764 KB, 2632x1201)
764 KB
764 KB JPG
>>
Went for a ride around my city's lakes, intended to be ~40 miles. Chain just about broke 10 miles in and I cycled on nearly failed chain about 8 more miles until we could make it to the shops downtown that were open at 9am. It was tough having to be super observant of the tension I put on the chain.

Early morning bike helped, but the heat got bad by the time we stopped. 9/10 would bike at that time again.
>>
Yesterday
>go for a training ride before work
>somehow manage to catch two (2) wasps into my aero helmet and have to stop twice to remove them before getting stung
>hit a rather large rock at ~45 km/h
>pinch flat my front tire
>pinch the skin in my index finger between the pump handle and body
>birb takes a shit onto my helmet
Should've just fucking stayed home.
>>
>>1209516

wednesday me and my friend rode 117km, around 90km of it was gravel

end was too tired to even feel good about finishing, but going to do another ~60km tomorrow and sunday for funsies
>>
>>1210441
Sorry to hear that lad, next time ay
>>
>>1210425
Since I missed my chance for an early ride I decided to do an evening ride. I did 80 km and by the time I got home around midnight it was 26C with 83% humidity. I was totally soaked like I was caught in the rain.
>>
It's too fucking hot
>>
File: 7-7ride.png (32 KB, 453x601)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
Got in the spirit of the Tour and did a 200km group ride, did the majority of it down 20-30% of my regular rear tire psi since the inner tube exploded and the CO2 cartridge couldn't get it up to my standard rate.
>>
File: 7-7ride.png (29 KB, 424x610)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>1210706
fuller version
>>
>>1209526

Where are you from ?
>>
File: ride.jpg (304 KB, 935x1600)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
i did a 70 mile group ride yesterday. it was casually paced with stops for food and scenery. within the first few miles, some twat wasn't paying attention and ran into me, ruining my rear fender. the rest of the ride was great. smol pic dump incoming.
>>
File: 1.jpg (1.51 MB, 1500x1500)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
>>1210902
>>
File: 2.jpg (2.89 MB, 5478x750)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB JPG
>>1210903
>>
File: 3.jpg (1.34 MB, 1500x1500)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB JPG
>>1210904
>>
File: 4.jpg (1.24 MB, 1500x1500)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB JPG
>>1210905
>>
File: 5.jpg (961 KB, 1500x1500)
961 KB
961 KB JPG
>>1210906
>>
File: 6.jpg (1.1 MB, 1500x1500)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
>>1210907
>muh fender
>>
>>1209516
I got a $50 ticket for riding 30 feet on the sidewalk from a fat ass cop yesterday. It's fucking stupid man
>>
>>1210902
Did you walk your bike across the Triboro like an obedient little virgin, or ride like a true chad?
>>
>>1210939
Shoud've just ridden away
>>
File: fatcop.jpg (37 KB, 400x376)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>1210953
I was an idiot not to. This cop was hambeast levels of fat. Not like he'd have a chance at catching me. I was just dumb af being unaware as he blocked my path.

Worst part was that I was stopped while holding another biker for refusing to give his ID for also riding on the sidewalk.
>>
>>1210906
fuckin saved holy shit
>>
>>1210951
we rode across. no way i'm walking that whole span.
>>
>>1210951
can someone make this virgin bridge path walk vs chad bridge path ride into a meme pls
>>
>>1210908
gore alert, man! what t.f. happened?!
>>
>>1210997
follow the comment chain dood
>>
>>1210998
then link me, dickhead.. who do you think you are, some sort of celebrity?
did someone throw that gay little speaker at you or something??
>>
File: 1343473815265.png (592 KB, 762x948)
592 KB
592 KB PNG
>>1210999
that wasn't even my post
>>
>>1210955
I don't think you're under any obligation to produce ID... you're not driving a car.
>>
>>1210999
You're an idiot
>>
>>1211034
>replying
no, u
>>
>>1210997
owner of orange bike here. i don't know what part of the other guy's bike contacted mine. i was surprised to see it damaged so badly - expected it to just smush down onto the tire.
>>
Haven't done a longish ride in a while. I mostly just commute to work, but today was unseasonally cool and went for a nice 60mile. I really surprised myself. I went at a pace that seemed relaxed, but ended up being quicker than the last time I did the ride, and when I got done I felt like I had a ton of fuel left in the tank. Maybe I'll try again next week, but go all out and see what I can do. It was a good day.
>>
>>1211011
Maybe, Chicago can be shit with citizens rights sometimes. They were going to take the other biker to the station for not producing ID. I didn't stay long enough to see the outcome since I left as soon as I got my citation.
>>
File: todays ride.png (12 KB, 514x305)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
Got started kinda late, ended up exploring new roads in the heat. Was still a great ride.
>>
File: hello rabbit.webm (2.92 MB, 1920x1080)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
>>1209516
I made another one of these. This time a rabbit was leading me to Wonderland
>>
>>1211760
based little sprinters
>>
>27 celsius yesterday
>17 today

Weather gods are playing games
>>
Great ride today. 28 Celsius, very little wind. Missed a KOM on a sprint section by one second.

I have a New York lock that's currently bracketed to my seatpost and running backwards parallel with the seat stay, but my thigh bonks into it a bit. Are there any other good mounting spots that will keep a big lock out of the way? Inside the main triangle is probably a no go with two fuckhuge water bottles, and I also run a seatbag (knocked slightly off-centre by current position).
>>
25.1 miles. hot as balls here in the midwest. 81 at the start, 89 at the finish. had the shits all day from all the water I had to drink.
>>
95 degrees here today, so I said 'fuck it I'm going for a hike instead' - temperatures have been well above average almost everyday for a month now and I'm tired of doing rides where the hoods melt and smear rubber on my hands.

>>1211760
I so wish I had a video of this, but once I did the same thing - but with 4 mule deer (was riding down a trail cutting through a neighborhood with a fence on one side and a flood channel on the other, so the deer had no other option but to run ahead of me for a quarter mile or so)
>>
>>1212105
I was in Texas and was riding down a long road with huge fences on each side. I chassis a deer for like 5 minutes because It had nowhere else to go
>>
File: whosthekid.jpg (50 KB, 560x506)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
Everyday on my way home it goes the same way.
>It's been a long day
>I'm tired
>I think I'll take it easy
>I'll just Sprint to get off the main road then take it easy
>Well I'm already going fast and this next section is really flat
>I'll take it easy after that
>Oh man here comes that hill
>I better speed up so I can carry some momentum up it.
>It's downhill for a mile after this so I'll push myself to the top and rest on the way down
>Oh shit that lights going to change and I'm going downhill so if I try I can make it
>Damn going fast is fun, I'll take it easy after it levels out
>Get stuck at a stop light first in line
>Time to show off
>Take off like a fucking rocket and see how far I can get before people have to pass me.
>Almost home
>No really I'm tired and it's time to chill
>Nah that's pussy shit
>Get aero and spool up the turbos
>Start to sound like a freight train as I pack my lungs to the brim for Max efficiency
>Feel like my legs are going to fall of and I'm going to rip the handlebars clean off the bike
>Just make it home with nothing left in the tank
>Waddle inside take my shirt off and lay in front of the fan panting
>Browes /n/ as I slowly cool down
Damn bikes are fun
>>
>>1212828
I love sprinting from traffic lights. I typically clear the intersection before the car beside me does. Its almost like there is a lag in air resistance when you accelerate fast and you can get well past cruising speed before the wind pushes you back.
>>
>>1212863
I 100% know what you are talking about, but I don't understand it at all.
>>
>>1212828
Same here, never manage to take longer than 10 minutes to the trainstation, even when riding 27,5+ MTB at under one bar.
(record is about 7:30 with baggy clothes and a large backpack going ~40 km/h most of the time)
>>
>>1209516
>How was your ride?
Got in a wreck, destroyed my bike, happy fucking Friday the 13th.
>>
We've gotten a new coffee machine at work. I drank 8 'small' coffees because I wasn't feeling it.

It turns out that I've gotten high as a kite and my customary afternoon ride ended with me making 5 PRs on Strava.

Would not recommend the experience tho.
>>
Started to realize I can ride from one end of the center of town to the other, as fast as cars in traffic. I pass them, they pass me, good times.
>>
Yesterday I rode around half of an under construction interchange to gather road position for mapping. Tonight I went back and rode the other half. I have to pay attention while doing that since the paving is incomplete and there can be big ridges or drop offs.

Wind is supposed to be 40 gusting to 70 km/h tomorrow, so I need to get out early if I want to ride at all.
>>
Got on a road bike for the first time in my life after only riding heavy city bikes all my life.

Feels fast.
>>
I have been working so much lately I more or less forgot about the bike
So I go out on a 25mile ride to break the rut I have been in
It was actually difficult for me
I am getting fat again.
>>
>>1213585
stop drinking beer
>>
I got the new middle ring and cassette for my road bike yesterday. I also swapped out my tiny granny for the stock one, but put it on backwards since it was flat with no recessed lip. That made it rub the shift ramps on the middle ring so I had to take the crank arm back off today to fix it.
>>
>>1213687
So no ride?
>>
>>1213694
I used a different bike.
>>
Wind is supposed to be 50 gusting to 70 km/h today so I went out at 5 am for 76 km. It was chilly when I started, around 8 C, by the time I was coming back the wind was gusting to 40 km. I normally would have started by riding up wind, but I had to do some flower watering (not a euphemism) on the other side of the city while I was out.

An annoying thing that has been happening the past few weeks is phlegm buildup in the back of my throat that looses after about 20 minutes of riding. When that happens it triggers gagging and I end up puking a bit. Its happened nearly every ride.
>>
>>1213617
I dont drink...
>>
buddy took me out to some overgrown dirt jumps we're gonna rebuild, so i can actually do some dirt riding on >>1209517 here.
one is a small 4-set of doubles that needs to be weeded and shaped up, then theres a derelict 'big line' next to it that hasn't been ridden in quite some time. there's also a super-sekrit 10-foot step-up somewhere else that we're going to rebuild as well.
>>
>>1213949
stop eating shitty food
>>
I took my mini longboard to do groceries today and it's the first time I've ridden any kind of board in years. I was pretty bad but I found it fun. Funner than riding a scooter or bike honestly. But definitely not as efficient if you're not good at it. I hope I'll get good enough to even ride on the road so I don't have to deal with shit sidewalks.
>>
File: fast_cars.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024)
3 MB
3 MB JPG
Rode out to watch the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix with some friends. I am a car guy. Seeing everything from the model T through modern super cars kept me at half chub all day.

>>1211760
A few weeks back I had one of the furry bastards an inch from being roadkill. If I had 0 respect for wildlife I could be well on my way to a killing spree.
>>
File: 2018.jpg (900 KB, 1080x1080)
900 KB
900 KB JPG
Finally back on the bike after being a lazy piece of shit. Came out of my depression and went to a Rail Trail. I did 25 miles. It was hot, and I'm sore. I brought enough water though. And I peeped a lot of booty on the trail. I forgot how much of a goldmine those flat trails can be if you're looking for milf butt. I'm gonna use that as motivation to get back out tomorrow.
>>
>>1214084
> Came out of my depression
Any tips?
>>
>>1214088

Stop drinking, get a lot of sleep. Set an impossible amount of tasks for the day, that way you'll always have something else to do. Basically never stop working. It's been really hard for me and I fucked up a few times. But I'm gonna do it. Good luck anon, dont quit.
>>
>>1214084
mirin your marin

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.