[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 31 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Attention: All work safe boards are soon going to be on the 4channel.org domain.

For now, all boards are accessible through either domain.

Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: index_img.jpg (89 KB, 800x660)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
al gore tesla dicksuckers btfo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compressed_air_energy_storage#Specific_energy,_energy_density_and_efficiency

>Advanced fiber-reinforced bottles are comparable to the rechargeable lead-acid battery in terms of energy density.

https://youtu.be/tBHiGha2oqI

funny how liberals will literally get behind whatever empowers communism the most.. ie conflict minerals too toxic to even recycle and draconian taxes against the gases we exhale
>>
File: mcdonalds_ns.webm (2.67 MB, 640x800)
2.67 MB
2.67 MB WEBM
fuck off you dumbcunt
>>
>>1252494
>having 3000psi tank right under nutsack
yeah, no thanks, I'll keep my nuts. Also the energy required to compress air in the tank has inefficiencies and uses electric
>>
File: maxresdefault (7).jpg (116 KB, 1280x720)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>1252498
it's called ballistic protection.. the same kind that is light enough to be worn by soldiers in iraq

also fly wheels

also lithium batteries exploding

also a bic lighter has ten times the energy of an iphone battery

also algae biofuel

also youre a queer that WANTS SO BADLY to believe your leftist politicians have your best interest in mind when actually they are just trying to control you
>>
>>1252498
>>1252498
>Also the energy required to compress air in the tank has inefficiencies and uses electric

you can directly pressurize from a turbine motor and pneumatic motors have some of the best efficiency in the world.. that is why air tools are so lightweight and cheap and easy to use

also if compressed air is so dangerous then why arent there more accidents killing scuba divers.. most scuba deaths are from drowning or the bends.. tanks are sturdy as hell and the valve system specifically proteccs against catastrophic failure

>uses electric

eletricc motors are gay

you dont have to use electricc

can use turboo

can be gayy t2

you can just use pneumatic motors or just use an electric one because theyre super light af so yoru argument is hella gay

WHY ISNT THIS BEING FUNDED?!?!? OH THATS RIGHT BECAUSE THEY CANT PATENT IT

YOU ARE A FUCKING CU.CK
NOTICE HOW ALGAE BIOFUEL COULD BE GROWN AND DISTILLED IN A THIRD WORLDER'S FAVELA ROOFTOP BUT SOLAR PANELS REQUIRE PATENTS AND SHITTT
>>
File: derp.gif (21 KB, 999x720)
21 KB
21 KB GIF
>>1252494
>lead-acid
>>
File: 201212117059975.jpg (91 KB, 614x575)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>1252514
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compressed_air_energy_storage#Specific_energy,_energy_density_and_efficiency
>(> 320 J/g)

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compressed_air_energy_storage#Specific_energy,_energy_density_and_efficiency
>180 kJ/kg for an advanced fiber-wound one

k so twice as good?? maybe 4 times with some super advanced super expensive super toxic prototype??

what are fly wheels?? what is lower cost?? what are biofuels??

all forms of energy storage are useless for transportation by themselves except for golf karts.. they are SUPPOSED to be paired with a RENEWABLE CARBON NEUTRAL ENERGY DENSE fuel like ALGAE BIODIESEL

compressed air and fly wheels are a million times objectively better and more practical for that purpose

batteries are so toxic they cant even be recycled economically.. meanwhile you 3d print a tank or machine a fly wheel and that's as good or at least half as good and you dont have to invade afghanistan or do business with venezuela as a bonus

HERE IS THE REAL KICKER:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flywheel_energy_storage
>values greater than 400 Wh/kg can be achieved by certain composite materials

WHOS DERPIN NOW FAGGOT????
>>
File: flywheelbicycle-8.jpg (46 KB, 616x347)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
https://youtu.be/BOnjtEKArXk

OBJECTIVELY SUPERIOR

JUST ADMIT YOU LIKE BATTERIES BECAUSE YOU LIKE ELON MUSK AND LEFTIST AUTHORITARIAN AESTHETICS
>>
>>1252517
Try moving with a giant flywheel.
>>
>>1252494
Oh boy, it's another "anon encourages others to make compressed air powered bikes" thread
>anon builds said bike
>goes for ride, feels powerful, despite slight hissing sound that's probably nothing
>stop at light, canister explodes, sending shards of aluminium through the saddle before becoming lodged in anon's gooch and buttocks
>anon sues moot
>4chan shut down forever

Is that really what you want OP?
>>
>>1252523
>anon sues moot
literally who
>>
File: 911_gt3rh_7_01.jpg (550 KB, 1600x1063)
550 KB
550 KB JPG
>>1252521
>gyroscopic stabilization is bad

i guess that's why f1 doesn't use it? right? oh wait..

>>1252523
see >>1252508

also fuck this fucking cancer fucking hellhole

>>1252524
some guy before all the newfags like u showed up after gamergate
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (36 KB, 436x338)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>1252526
>is on 4chan
>can't take some banter
>yet calls other people casuals and newfags
>>
>>1252530
no u

literally you just fell for the hypocrisy meme

see you on reddit you faggot ;)

:^)

(˵ ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°˵)ノ⌒*:

▲ ▲
>>
>>1252534
Quality shitpost anon, you got me but good.
>>
>>1252494
Just use your legs to pedal you weak shit
>>
>>1252555
>/n/ is only bicycles
Luddite masochistic cu.ck not harnessing braking energy
>>
>>1252557
Post a picture of a car next time if you want to talk about cars retard, or just fuck off to /o/ where this thread probably belongs.
>>
File: download (3).jpg (10 KB, 181x279)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>1252555
http://editions-hache.com/essais/pdf/kaczynski2.pdf

>>1252558
>bicycles and cars are the only transportation vehicles
>only talking about one form of transportation
>trying that hard to win an argument

oh weird it's almost like i posted pictures of cars >>1252526
>>1252517
>>
>>1252559
Yes take your cars and your car technology to /o/ because nobody is working on a compressed air powered ship
>>
>>1252560
look in the archive where i argued with someone on here about lithium ion battery aircraft

then go fuck yourself in your log cabin with your wooden dildo
>>
>>1252563
>find a stupid thread where I made an idiot of myself
I'll just skip ahead to the part where I pleasure my asshole rather than waste my time reading more of your psychotic drivel.
>>
>>1252560
and to be clear compressed air is used in volvos to spool the turbos and could be used to increase spool up times in any turbine engine

and also to be clear your "hurr durr just pedal faggot" argument is bullshit cause not everyone wants to be a sweaty mess when they show up to the office and storing energy makes you objectively FASTER even if you continue to pedal as hard as you can
>>
File: turn_smug.gif (855 KB, 500x281)
855 KB
855 KB GIF
>>1252564
>psychotic drivel.
no u

i also won this argument just for the record cause u completely abandoned any kind of logical argument and just tried to change the subject and resorted to personal attacks LIKE A LEFTIST CU.CK

I WIN HAHAHAHAHAA SUCK MY DICK
>>
>>1252566
>i also won this argument
ah yes, clearly
>>
>>1252565
Just shower at work you idiot
>>
>>1252566
>he thinks that he can "win" an argument
Wew lad.
I bet you're a riot at parties and in general social situations.
>>
>>1252494
OP, lead-acid batteries have a VERY LOW energy density compared to Li+ cells; see pic related, and see this page: https://www.epectec.com/batteries/cell-comparison.html
>>
what a bizarre fucking thread, holy shit
>>
Junior-level mechanical engineer trolling detected.
>>
>>1252494
Good luck carrying heavy tanks for everything.
>>
Handy for applications where you need intrinsically safe propulsion, such as coal mines:

https://youtu.be/vzGS4j1YQPs
>>
OP IQ is lower than the average donkey IQ
>>
File: hawt02.gif (2.95 MB, 540x304)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB GIF
>>1252567
it's true though.. all that follows after my original assertion are leftist personal attacks

>>1252568
>all works have showers
>not wanting to go faster and have more fun even while exercising with pedalling plus electric motor power

>>1252588
>he thinks that people always act like they do online in real life
THIS PLACE IS DESIGNED TO LET OUR SHADOWS OUT AND ALSO TO NOT WASTE TIME WITH PLEASANTRIES AND GET RIGHT TO THE FUCKING ARGUMENT AND FIND TRUTH!!! THE TRUTH IN THIS CASE IS THAT BIOFUEL, FLY WHEELS, AND COMPRESSED AIR BTFO TOXIC BATTERIES AND AUTHORITARIAN TOTALITARIAN REGULATIONS AND TAXES ON THE GASES WE EXHALE.. IE CARBON DIOXIDE!

>>1252656
SEE >>1252517

LITHIUM ION HAS HALF THE ENERGY OF FLYWHEEL STORAGE AND IS LESS PRACTICAL AND MORE EXPENSIVE THAN COMPRESSED AIR WHICH HAS ABOUT HALF OF THAT. IF YOU LOOK INTO THE ACTUAL NUMBERS YOU WILL SEE THAT COMPRESSED AIR IS ABOUT THE SAME AS FIRST GEN LITHIUM BATTERIES WHICH IS HALF THE NEWER STUFF BUT STILL BETTER THAN LEAD ACID AND THAT WIKI ARTICLE WAS TALKING ABOUT OLD TANKS THAT HAD TO ADHERE TO BOOTLICKER REGULATIONS!!

inb4 my exploding nutsack:
see >>1252508

>>1252680
WE ALREADY COMPUTER THE ENERGY DENSITY.. IE READ THE FUCKING THREAD BEFORE TYPING YOUR FUCKING LEFTIST NONESENSE

>>1252691
yep <3

>>1252719
MY IQ IS 149 THANKS A LOT.. I GOT PUT INTO ADVANCED COURSES SINCE I WAS IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL AND HAD MY IQ TESTED OFFICIALLY EVERY FEW YEARS TILL AGE 18.. AND IF YOU ACTUALLY HAD A HIGH IQ YOU WOULD KNOW IQ IS A BULLSHIT METRIC WHICH AT BEST GIVES A VERY OBTUSE GENERAL VIEW OF INTELLIGENCE YET THERE ARE PEOPLE WITH ARTISTIC INTELLIGENCE WHO ARE BAD AT TAKING TESTS AMONG OTHER KINDS OF INTELLIGENCE LIKE SOCIAL INTELLIGENCE WHICH WOMEN ARE SUPERIOR AT IN GENERAL!

inb4 capslock.. my pinky just does that sometimes.. if you are triggered by larger lettering then you are an irrational faggot and youre only going to bring that up if you have no other arguments.. ie ad hominem
>>
File: 02ahhh.jpg (30 KB, 640x357)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>1252882
>WE ALREADY COMPUTER THE ENERGY DENSITY

i meant to say computed and what i meant to actually say is we already looked it up and those are the stats on wiki

compressed air has about half the ENERGY DENSITY (INCLUDING THE TANK YOU FAGGOT) of latest gen of lithium batteries with better safety and much less cost and toxicity and FLY WHEEL has the highest energy density of rechargable storage with 400wh/kg.. DOUBLE THAT OF THE HYPER EXPENSIVE PROTOTYPE LITHIUM BATTERIES

fuck off elon's cuck dick you faggot
>>
File: 1508648978464.png (110 KB, 657x700)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
Why not use the frame as the tank?
>>
>>1252893
becaues it's a prototype and you might want to keep the tank in a seperate enclosure to protecc from rupture
>>
>>1252523
>canister explodes, sending shards of aluminium through the saddle before becoming lodged in anon's gooch and buttocks

this and this alone is why we don't power our bicycles with explosive devices.

People FALL on bikes you dumb dumb
>>
>>1252882
>he thinks POSTING IN ALL CAPS SOMEHOW MAKES HIM RIGHT EVEN THOUGH THE FACTS SAY HE'S WRONG
You're utterly ridiculous.
>>
File: luna lovegood smug.gif (421 KB, 500x273)
421 KB
421 KB GIF
>>1252907
actually it doesnt imply that at all and just because something is written in caps doesnt make it wrong.. keep using leftist logic though libtard

>>1252904
see >>1252508

gas is flammable and batteries explode too and they are toxic
>>
>>1252907
>THE FACTS

how about the fact that flywheel energy has an energy density of 400wh/kg?
>>
>>1252914
Well, if you consider accretion disk around a black hole as a flywheel, the energy density is getting close to c2/3600 wh/kg. Can you easily use it as a battery in your bike?
>>
File: flywheelbicycle-5.jpg (38 KB, 1000x621)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>1252930
nah but i can use a real flywheel that has 200-400wh/kg
>>
File: fuckin' magnets.jpg (51 KB, 625x328)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>1252913
>>1252914
Pic related is the level of 'science' of OP's bait thread.
>>
>>1252913
>gas is flammable and batteries explode too and they are toxic
Well then SNOWFLAKE you should probably stay inside your little house, wrapped in your security bubble-wrap, in your comfy chair, and stay away from the Big Bad Outdoors where ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN AT ANY TIME FOR NO PARTICULAR REASON. Seriously, you can get a splinter in your finger and get an INFECTION that will GO TO YOUR HEART and KILL YOU DEAD, SLOWLY AND PAINFULLY, OMFG WTF BBQ!!!!11!!
>>
>>1252914
>how about the fact that flywheel energy has an energy density of 400wh/kg?
How about you're only looking at one aspect of a flywheel energy storage system and ignoring all the others, and also unless you can show me on a graph authored by a credible source comparison of that to electric storage, then you're just spouting baseless nonsense?

Anyone wishing to know the FACTS about flywheel energy storage should read this article, which covers it very nicely:
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flywheel_energy_storage
You should also note these two sections:
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flywheel_energy_storage#Energy_storage_efficiency
This system is only viable under very specific conditions, i.e. frictionless bearings and in a total vacuum. Not terribly practical in a common ground vehicle nor likely very cost-effective.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flywheel_energy_storage#Comparison_to_electric_batteries
Might not be practical physically for any ground car due to size and shape constraints, and also centripedal force effects on the vehicles' handling.

Also add to all of the above the fact that you have to convert electrical energy to mechanical energy to spin the flywheel up, and you then also have to convert stored mechanical energy back to electric energy to supply electric drive motors with power. The losses in such a system are enormous and cancel out any so-called 'advantage' of flywheel storage. Furthermore the losses in a purely mechanical system would likewise be enormous, even with frictionless bearings everywhere.

People without an engineering background should probably not be advocating for technologies they do not understand without first educating themselves (as much as they can, LOL) on the realities of the aforementioned systems.
>>
>'flywheel storage'
>'compressed air storage'

Here's a common-sense fact for you all:
If these technologies were so wonderful, don't you think all the big automobile manufacturers would be mass-producing them and there'd be one sitting in every driveway?

Randos on 4chan with little-to-no education clearly and objectively should not be second-guessing teams of research scientists and teams of senior-level design engineers employed by large corporations who have the resources to fund projects of this magnitude. Likewise, trolls should restrict themselves to posting bait threads on subjects they are capable of understanding sufficiently such that they can successfully twist the facts enough to enrage people successfully; as-is I must judge this thread to be a dismal failure as bait since the OP has failed to understand the subject sufficiently to have the ring of credibility on the subject.
>>
File: 0222222.jpg (83 KB, 909x672)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>1253008
k so if i take a measured risk i'd rather it be a non cuck technology and one that has a higher energy density, relative safety, and less cost

>>1253011
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flywheel_energy_storage#Energy_storage_efficiency
>For energy storage, materials with high strength and low density are desirable. For this reason, composite materials are frequently used in advanced flywheels. The strength-to-density ratio of a material can be expressed in Wh/kg (or Nm/kg); values greater than 400 Wh/kg can be achieved by certain composite materials.
>The strength-to-density ratio of a material can be expressed in Wh/kg (or Nm/kg); values greater than 400 Wh/kg can be achieved by certain composite materials.
>values greater than 400 Wh/kg can be achieved by certain composite materials.
>greater than 400 Wh/kg
>400 Wh/kg
>400 Wh/kg
>400 Wh/kg
The best most expensive and toxic lithium battery sourced from the blood and sweat of niggers mining conflict minerals with their bear ass only are capable of 200wh/kg.. so flywheels btfo your cuc.k liberal bootlicking authoritarian dick sucking ass at 50 percent effeciency.. that's what's called a satisfactory margin!

>This system is only viable under very specific conditions, i.e. frictionless bearings
not for short term energy storage.. that's why RACE CARS USE THEM.. and i said early on that fully rechargeable cars/bikes are gay af because CARBON NEUTRAL BIOFUEL has an energy density 5-10 times greater than anything fully rechargeable. RECHARGEABLE ENERGY STORAGE IS ONLY USEFUL FOR COMPENSATING FOR TUBRINE SPOOL TIMES AND RECOUPING BRAKING ENERGY! Unless youre a gay dicksucking liberal that complains about "asthma" even though particulates and even NOx can be captured by catalysts or filters.

>you have to convert electrical energy to mechanical energy
electric motors have 90+ percent efficiency
>>
File: EAGLESPARROW.jpg (222 KB, 1000x1000)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>1253011
>The losses in such a system are enormous and cancel out any so-called 'advantage' of flywheel storage.
i guess that's why f1 doesn't uses them even though theyre one of the most weight conscious competitions ever.. oh wait they do and youre just a bias confirming cunt

also i thought of a way you can skip one of the energy conversions but im not going to tell a pathetic DOG like you.. your pavlov ring-a-bell-and-you-give-your-freedoms-away ass doesnt deserve to know HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>>1253013
>>1253011
>Randos on 4chan with little-to-no education
>People without an engineering background
yeah of course a cuc.k like yourself gets pissed when a successful AUTODIDACT can btfo your stupid dogma and INSTITUTIONAL INERTIA

how does it feel knowing that you wasted 60k on a shitty piece of paper that just taught you bad habits and locked your creativity in a box.. a prison that YOU helped construct for yourself?

how does if feel knowing that youre always going to be WORKING FOR SOMEONE ELSE???

how does it feel knowing that someone can learn to make millions in their spare time on the internet while you slave away for middle management in your cubicle prison?

have fun fucking your fat wife and paying your bills you fucking slave mentality stupid mother fucker!

>>1253013
>Randos on 4chan
https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/

you can vote for what you want to appear in the forum there and then you can curate your only little echo chamber hell hall of mirrors.. the strength of 4chan is seeing EVERYTHING and finding the gems there.. and my posts are dropping knowledge on your closed minded ass but im banned on almost every subreddit i visit.. the mark of a good anon.. a powerful anon

>don't you think all the big automobile manufacturers
you mean like ferrari and mclaren?? oh yeah they do already and they use it in their most competitive cars.. you know??? race cars..

>would be mass-producing them
>>
File: SmugAlert02.jpg (67 KB, 792x612)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>1253013
>would be mass-producing them

the TRUTH is that renewable energy doesnt fucking make sense at all for CHEAP vehicles meant for worker peasants like yourself.. A BIC FUCKING LIGHTER HAS TEN TIMES THE ENERGY IN A IPHONE BATTERY!!!

THE ONLY REASON THERE ARE E-BIKES AT ALL IS TO GET AROUND THE FUCKING BAN ON MOTORCYCLES RIDING ON BICYCLE PATHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE A FUCKING LOOPHOLE MEANT TO APPEAL TO **IRRATIONAL** LIIBERALS LIKE YOUR FUCKING SELF!!! AND BIODIESEL IS FAR SUPERIOR TO FUCKING BATTERIES AND CAN BE PRODUCED BY PEASANTS LIKE YOURSELF!! WHILE THE BATTERIES NEED EXPENSIVE MATERIALS AND PATENTS AND FAVOR CENTRALIZED PRODUCCTION!!! THE ONLY FUCKING REASON TESLA EXISTS.. THAT AND THEY GET CORPORATE CRONY *SOCIALISM!!*
>>
>>1253031
also dont judge the punctuation and spelling in that last post.. i wrote it pretty hastily

and dont judge my use of ellipsis because i typed this whole thing fast and i want to waste as little brain energy and glucose on pathetic bootlicking dicksucking peasants like you faggots.. you literally aren't worth the 0.001 calories it takes for me to focus on moving my pinky to the right key
>>
>>1253029
>>1253031
>coping this hard over a IQ of 85
*golf clap*
>>
>>1253033
see >>1252882

and
>being so desperate for an argument you resort to personal attacks
spoken like a true leftist cuc.k fuck what did i expecc

also i forgot to add that "hurr durr gyroscopic forces hurr durr" is btfo because you can use active gyro stabilization like the sea keeper:
https://www.seakeeper.com/

that counterbalances against waves on boats and something like that could be used in a car or bike even just enough to counter balance the gyroscopic forces but it could be use to "lean into" turns or soemting creative

but you probably wont believe it till someone actually does it because it's not written in your precious cuc.k text book.. this is the mind of a FOLLOWER and you will always be riding the coattails of men who had the courage and creativity to try something FIRST

also ferrari and mclaren uses flywheels on f1 cars so they cant affect maneuverability thattt much
>>
I wounder why do I even need a battery in my laptop. Surely the energy of hdd spinning at 5000 rpm should be enough to power the whole thing, like, forever! Oh, and if I find a way to plug my car via USB C, I can also drive forever!

>>
>>1253086
>transportation
>>
>>1253083
>active gyro stabilization like the sea keeper
This thing spends energy to keep the vessel steady. You can't use it for storage. Well, you can, but it's going to be extremely inefficient. If you want to preserve the energy, you'll probably need to put the whole thing on a 2-axis gimbals, or something.

Flywheels can have different designs. Depending on your goals you can optimize one thing or the other, but not all of them.
Yep, you get 400 wh/kg, but it's a bit pointless if you can only store the energy for two minutes and the total energy turnaround is going to be <20%.
On the other hand, gyros on Gravity Probe B have a velocity decay rate of ~37% per 2,300 years but it's incredibly hard to spin them up or extract the stored energy. Also, you'll need to constantly supply power for cryogenics and electrostatic levitation. But yeah, anything's possible in anime world with no cuc.k liberal laws physics.
>>
File: brainlettttt.jpg (37 KB, 800x450)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>1253083
>he thinks he has valid arguments
lol wut

People without engineering or science degrees blabbing about theoretical things like this is just pathetic and annoying. You clearly and objectively don't understand the subject and are just parroting things you read on some website. You may as well be a trained parrot for all the lack of deep thought and analysis. Meanwhile other anons have presented data that contradicts your empty-headed crusade and all you do is repeat the same things over and over again, IN ALL CAPS (which everyone knows is cruise control for 'cool', lol) acting like somehow you've 'won' the argument and you're smarter than everyone else. Really, truly, honestly, you need to just stop posting, you're embarassing yourself more and more every time you do. Quit while you're behind , you're Anonymous here, no one but you needs to know what a shameful disgrace you are.
>>
File: arg.jpg (259 KB, 891x1280)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
>>1253104
>>1253101
k that's why they dont use flywheels in f1.. oh that's right they do?

there shouldnt even be e-bikes or pneu bikes because SMALL MOTORCYCLES should be allowed on bike paths with the limiting factors being speed and size instead of what form the energy is in.. bureaucracy isnt rational

the point is that IF you need a small energy reservoir to recoup braking energy and cover for turbine spool times then it's best to use a COMBINATION with compressed air and flywheels being SUPERIOR and more ECONOMICAL and less centralized

have fun using closed source patented designs and always working for SOMEONE ELSE and making excuses for that piece of paper you paid 120k for while i make millions bye
>>
>>1253101
>>1253104
oh and if youre going to need a bike that can hop through the dumb loopholes then it's better to have a small detachable generator than lugging 15 pounds of toxic patented cu.ck batteries
>>
>>1253101
>>1253104
alo the fact that you guys are so up your own ass just makes you seem less credible
>>
>>1252494
compressed air only makes sense as storage if it's liquified, and by that point the reasonable thing to do is to use LNG instead.
>>
>>1253458
>he thinks anyone here uses "e-bikes"
LOL, fag.
We all PEDAL our bikes, because we're not lazy fatasses like (You). Be sure to enjoy your obesity, diabeetus, heart disease, and early death, you hamplanet
>>
Compressed air is horribly inefficient so despite decent energy density it's not quite like a battery.
It's also loud.

On the other hand, recharging is faster.
>>
File: dumpster.gif (3.14 MB, 353x269)
3.14 MB
3.14 MB GIF
>this thread
>>
File: This thread.gif (2.95 MB, 316x263)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB GIF
>>1253818
that's great, here I'll trade you
>>
>>1253789
If you could compress it to, say, almost the point of being degenerate matter and store it safely then it might make sense, but otherwise it's just ridiculous.
>>
File: wretew.jpg (11 KB, 225x225)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>1253677
Who doesn't wanna pedal and go faster with help from a motor?? Only a leftist cu.ck like you would make excuses for HAVING to go slow! Also getting to ride a motorcycle on a bike path is just fucking fun unless you are some kind of masochistic cu.ck that has to make excuses for your pathetic beta lifestyle. Bootlicker.

>>1253789
>>1253818
>>1253821
>>1253822
but flywheels and algae biofuel though and leftism/statism is gay
>>
File: (You).jpg (177 KB, 1000x714)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>1254014
We all average at least 20mph for all our rides, Anon, everyone knows that.
Maybe if you weren't so fat and weak you wouldn't need mechanical assistance just to simply ride a bike, LOL.
>>
>>1254049
so motorcycles are completely useless in your mind?? Dont you wanna ride a motorcycle on bike paths so cars cant hit you?

youre the one who is useless.. fucking troll go to reddit or /pol/
>>
>>1252519
The idea of regenerative braking on a bike is pretty good, however this approach is rather heavy, ineffient and can only store verry little energy.
It would get more interesting to use a small compressor driven by one of your wheels to pressurise your frame-tubes and use the energy stored in your frame-tubes to power a pneumatic motor.
The pneumatic motor and compressor could be the same unit, if build as a piston-compressor/expander with variable valve-timing.

This would still be horribly inefficient, but since it adds verry little weight and uses energy that would otherwise be wasted, it could be usefull, especialy in the mountains or city-riding.
>>
>>1254072
(You)
>>
>>1254143
>let's make everybodys bike weigh 100 pounds!
>Brilliant idea!
>>
>>1254196
How would a bike with a tiny compressor and valves weight 100 lbs?
At maximum it would add like 500g for an early prototype.
>>
compressed air won't get any better through research due to physical limitations, batteries continue to pull away in energy/efficiency and there's plenty more ground to be gained
>>
>>1252494
>Comparable to lead acid
YOU ARE FUCKING RETARDED JESUS FUCKING CHRIST ARE YOU EVEN AWARE OF WHAT FUCKING CENTURY THIS IS YOU GODAMNED RETARD.
>>
File: guess what.gif (1.29 MB, 413x192)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB GIF
>>1254199
>he has no idea how much that would all weigh or how much of a drag it all would be on pedaling
LOL can you even screw in a lightbulb without a YouTube video to show you how?
>faggots with precisely ZERO mechanical know-how
>>
>>1254274
>he has no idea how much that would all weigh or how much of a drag it all would be on pedaling
When decoupled from the rotating wheel via a clutch there would be no additional friction.
>LOL can you even screw in a lightbulb without a YouTube video to show you how?
I was building my first electrical vehicle at the age of 8, YouTube didn't exist back then.
>>faggots with precisely ZERO mechanical know-how
Says the guy who doesn't know how what a clutch is.
>>
>>1254299
>clutch
MORE excessive, unnecessary weight.
>age 8
Go scream at the neighborhood kids to get off your lawn, grandpa, and stay off 4chan, you're not relevant anymore.

Don't you get it? You're FAT and WEAK and SLOW and OLD and are going to die, soon, which is why you fight so hard for a 'bicycle' that does all the work for you. You should just call the short bus that all the other senior citizens use and get around with that, and leave the bikes to the young, healthy, strong people who can actually ride a real bike.
>>
File: hitormiss23bbb.png (184 KB, 351x521)
184 KB
184 KB PNG
>>1254143
cool idea.. only non gay post in entire thread thnx
>>
File: nanotubes.jpg (140 KB, 1024x640)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>1254213
>won't get any better through research due to physical limitations

yeah materials will never get any stronger.. EVER

also this >>1254143
>It would get more interesting to use a small compressor driven by one of your wheels to pressurise your frame-tubes and use the energy stored in your frame-tubes
>>
File: hitormiss23bb.png (191 KB, 354x563)
191 KB
191 KB PNG
>>1254223
>not reading the thread
>not realizing we're talking about flywheels now also
>not realize that from a cost perspective compressed air is still valuable
>not reading this >>1254143
>>
File: hitormiss23b.png (186 KB, 354x559)
186 KB
186 KB PNG
>>1254375
u mad?
>>
>>1254375
>>clutch
>MORE excessive, unnecessary weight.
Like 500g in total for the whole mechanism.
>>age 8
>Go scream at the neighborhood kids to get off your lawn, grandpa, and stay off 4chan, you're not relevant anymore.
>Don't you get it? You're FAT and WEAK and SLOW and OLD
>fat
59 kg isn't fat.
>weak
I outlclimb E-bikes and can sprint 60 km/h.
>slow
Ok, I'm slow in the flats I can't keep 40 km/h for more than 3 km in the flats without drafting.
>old
Yea, 20 is totaly old.
> and are going to die, soon, which is why you fight so hard for a 'bicycle' that does all the work for you.
Technicly regenerative braking would still be energy produced by me.
>You should just call the short bus that all the other senior citizens use and get around with that, and leave the bikes to the young, healthy, strong people who can actually ride a real bike.
Projecting much?
>>
File: hitormiss23fsbdabbbb.png (117 KB, 352x417)
117 KB
117 KB PNG
>>1254671
based and redpilled
>>
>>1254671
post body with timestamp, faggot
>>
so much samefagging in this thread
>>
File: meme bike.jpg (117 KB, 800x724)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>1252494
Who the fuck would ride this piece of shit deathtrap? Does it come with a mask to hide your face so no one knows you're this much of a stupid fucking autist?
>2018
>being so desperate to not pedal an actual bike that you disgrace yourself by being seen on THIS piece of shit
my sides are exploding from laughing so hard
>>
File: laughing girls.jpg (33 KB, 480x360)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>1254719
>OMFG Becky you should have seen this junkyard contraption Anon was riding down the street today!
>It sounded like a continuous fart and his legs were bowed out so much, it looked like he was trying to empty his bowels!
>I laughed so hard I almost peed myself, Becky!
>LOL Sally we always knew Anon was kind of a weirdo but we never knew exactly how much until now, that's hilarious! I can't wait to tell the rest of the girls about this, they'll just die laughing!
>I hope for Anon's sake he's actually gay, he'll never get a date with anyone around here once this gets around!
>LOL you're totally right Becky! Got to go now, Chad is picking me up in his convertible for lunch!
>>
File: 1529573317515.png (26 KB, 200x200)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>1254719
>>1254721
>because prototypes represent the full utilization of a concept
>>
>>1254719
>>1254721

implying that there aren't a shit ton of comic book reading, convention going, cosplaying steampunk chicks that would love this shit.
>>
>>1254721
I laughed way harder than I should have, anon
>>
>>1254740
Girls into nerd shit will respect you even less for being such an autist.
>>
>>1254728
>deathtrap
>"""prototype"""
PICK ONE ONLY
>PRO-TIP: It's the former of the two
>>
>>1254728
u dumb ass the vast majority of people cant even be bothered to figure out how to shift gears on a normal bike and u want them 2 having 2 figure out all that shit too? lol ur an idiot
>>
File: IMG_20181109_003809~2.jpg (545 KB, 2592x1944)
545 KB
545 KB JPG
>>1254715
Just had dinner and a liter of water, so my weight is slightly higher.
>>
File: dfsd0_.jpg (154 KB, 1000x750)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>1254842
>but think of the normies REee
>what are digital control units???
>>
>>1254740
comic book reading and convention going girls probably wouldn't like that kind of bike because it isn't aesthetic. Steampunk, probably but better add more brass fittings to be sure.

Cyberpunk girls are the patrician's choice and would prefer the ghetto DIY ebike with exposed wires and uncovered circuits over a steamcuck bike
>>
>>1254946
>arduino
KYS
>>
File: hitormiss2.png (174 KB, 358x527)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
>>1254950
>Cyberpunk girls
k so use digital control units >>1254946
>>
>>1252494
I'd buy it if it were more compact and sexy.
>>
>>1254671
I outclimb ebikes on a rigid mtb with 800g slicks, welcome to the club
>>
>>1255063
Flywheels are great. A pound or two of weight only hurts when accelerating, but the stored energy easily negates that penalty.
Shoving air into a random frame tube would be suboptimal because that's really low volume and you're dealing with loss when converting between kinetic and pneumatic energy.
The ability to put energy into the flywheel by pedaling while coasting the crank->rear wheel drive would be pretty useful.

Most casual bicycles aren't very engineered for weight optimization, so a 2 pound flywheel could be offset by shaving weight elsewhere.

I'm hoping battery technology follows the same curve CPUs did with Moore's law and that we'll see extended ranges. Perhaps pneumatics could serve as an intermediary for a pedal assist drivetrain. Inverters are probably best for high torque applications which I believe should be steered away from due to how it can ravage the lifespan of batteries.
>>
i'm new here please explain like I'm dumb
what is the correct opinion to have about this stuff
>>
>>1255204
It's as dumb as you are
>>
>>1255204
>what is the correct opinion to have about this stuff
Rolling your eyes, closing the thread, and ignoring it as the useless bait it actually is.
Nobody is producing anything like this for real, nor will they.
>>
File: IMG_1790.jpg (3.24 MB, 3608x3024)
3.24 MB
3.24 MB JPG
minipump,,,fillit.,,,3months.,
,,dontbe meanto leadacid.,,, 98% recycled!,
,,isaw achicken,,,got soclucked!!,,
,,,butop,, stronger tanksand cryogenic fills.,,SCUBA sneeksair by ice.,
,,use hydrogen ,floats,,,soit gets liter as you fillup!
>>
>>1252497
>pounded

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.