[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 36 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Attention: All work safe boards are soon going to be on the 4channel.org domain.

For now, all boards are accessible through either domain.

Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

Why can't people run on the sidewalk instead of a foot off the curb in the middle of where people bicycle? I'm tired of dealing with this in my neighborhood
>>
asphalt is softer than concrete
>>
>>1253912
Because streets should be for people, not repulsive nerds on faggot machines

Cities built for bikes will be even worse than ones built for cars

Radical pedestrianism is the future
>>
Probably because the transition on/off the sidewalk at intersections can cause problems. Even if there is a ramp, its placement angle might not be conducive to running in a straight line.
>>
>Share the road
>>
>>1253916
>Cities built for bikes will be even worse than ones built for cars
How so? Please explain yourself.
>>
>>1253959
>earnestly replying to blatant bait
>>
I find it annoying too but consider where your anger should be directed. When pedestrians are spilling onto the street, you know your city has an urban planning problem. The sidewalks should be wide enough for people on foot. The cage was given too many concessions. Remove the cage, and the disorder resolves itself.
>>
File: 1539108034011.gif (1.99 MB, 250x190)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB GIF
>>1253912
>I should be able to run where fast moving vehicles are!
>I should also be able to run on the wrong side of the road directly into oncoming traffic
Fucking runners should stick to the treadmill.
>>
>>1253912
Sidewalks are for walking, not running, and besides which, when you come to an intersection, you can see whether there's crosstraffic or not much easier when you're not on the sidewalk.

Also if you're only 1 foot off the curb when you're riding your bike down the street then you're practically in the gutter and will have to swerve around any parked cars anyway, so what's the big deal? Just yell 'on your left!' like everyone else does and go around them, and stop being so annoyed at every little thing. It's not like they take up any more room (less, in fact) than another bicycle that you'd have to pass because they're going slower than you.

>>1253916
You sound angry, Anon.
>>
>>1253979
>hurr durr we should ban all motor vehicles
You do know you're a total freak that no one in the real world takes seriously, right? Only your little "echo chambers" take you seriously, and no one listens to them either. You should just stop and join the rest of humanity. Never know, you might actually get a girlfriend then.
>>
>>1254040
Go run into the road you old fart.
40+ers should just die like in the good ol'days
>>
>>1254060
>yep he mad
>>
>>1254044
>if I can't ruin the world with my personal murderbox, we can't have trains, delivery trucks, or emergency vehicles
Classic
>>
>>1254346
>he thinks he's smarter and wiser than everyone else in the world
Classic.

Are you ever going to get the clue? You're DUMB. You're DUMB and you're so dumb you don't even realize how dumb you are. So you just go stumbling through life, mumbing under your breath about 'cager' this and 'murderbox' that, on your squeaky rusted 80's tenspeed held together with bailing wire, duct tape, and used dirty motor oil.

That's okay. Eventually Health & Human Services will scoop you up, keep you on a 72 hour hold for observation, and after that you'll be institutionalized and medicated. Might even some day be allowed to live in a group home and do some productive work for Pride Industries.
>>
Concrete is a bitch to run on
>>
>>1254373
Sorry if you realized you didn't have a good argument, but there's really no need for the hostility
>>
>>1254373
Hello 53 year old boomer, hows your arthritis treating you today?
Also, you didn't address his point at all, it is possible to restrict personal car usage while still having car based emergency services, and van based delivery services, as well as inner city driving permits for construction workers and anyone else who can show a legitimate reason for driving inside the city center
>>
>>1254040
"running"

Most of the faggots "running" on the road, without counterflowing traffic, are going slower than a brisk walk. They aren't dangerous to share the sidewalks with, like, for instance, a ar or a bike.
>>
>>1254557
>blah blah blah WORDS WORDS WORDS
lol what a dumb faggot. everyone drives cars. youre just some shitty neet nobody cares what u think
>>
>>1254587
stop projecting how fat and slow you are on everyone else faggot
>>
i love how "muh cagers" are always masochistic self cuc.king communists
>>
>complaining about someone being 30 cm further to one side than you would like them to be
urbanites are mentally ill
>>
>>1253912
Same reason as cyclists using the road, too much risk of vehicles backing out of blind driveways. This applies more to faster runners I guess. I've had a few close calls on neighborhood driveways when running on the sidewalks, so I just stick to the road for the most part now.
>>
>>1254656
>2018
>tossing the word cuck around like u know what it actually means
t. underage b& brainlet
>>
>>1254616
>Muh-Muh cars!
>>
hahahaha
if you can't get along with runners on a bicycle, you're no better than a cager being mad about cyclists.
>>
>>1254022
pedestrians are supposed to go against traffic, but really we'll go wherever we please.
>>
>>1254727
>running agains traffic
>this is ok
>>
File: Ban-All-The-Things.jpg (19 KB, 325x244)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>1254714
it means someone that wants to be controlled by other men in this context

as in

>REeee we need MORE rules REee!!!
>>
File: sdvsdv.png (512 KB, 1607x892)
512 KB
512 KB PNG
>>1254714
>>
>>1254714
>tfw marx was the first to use the word "holocaust" politically
>>
>>1254616
I'm still physically superior.
>>
Hi folks, OP here. Here have been my experiences this week first week of daylight savings time ending

>the pair of dumb suburban housewives who are running in the morning, one on the sidewalk, one next to her in the middle of the bike lane
>screamed at em to get out of the fucking road and next time they were both on sidewalk behind one another

>biking up street as kinda buff guy in tanktop is running in middle of lane against traffic
>coming towards him and he doesnt move an inch, keeps running towards me
>throw up arms passing him while yelling, he just throws his arms up like he did nothing wrong

>coming home, pitch black
>people literally walking down middle of street in pitch black in dark clothes without even having lights showing

fucking people i swear
>>
>>1254951
>I'm still physically superior.
post body with timestamp, we'll be the judge of that
>>
>>1254947
>he's so much of a cuck he can't even start imagining he's part of the rulers himself, and to him a rule must necessarily be imposed by someone else, so instead of imposing them himself, he turns to rejecting all rules, like an angry teenager
>>
>>1254839
I know you're just shitposting but there's pretty good reason to run opposing traffic when you're generally going 1/2 the speed of a bike
>>
>>1253912
I think they're retarded. I've even seen some people just walking like this and the wort was one woman taking her baby out on a stroller on the side of the road when both sides have fucking sidewalks. Whats the fucking point of sidewalks according to anyone trying to justify this shit? According to you guys the roads should just be wider and not segregated
>>
>>1254956
>biking up street as kinda buff guy in tanktop is running in middle of lane against traffic
>coming towards him and he doesnt move an inch, keeps running towards me
>throw up arms passing him while yelling, he just throws his arms up like he did nothing wrong
You got mogged, its natural for betas, you'll get used to it.
>>
>>1253912
Runners are like nobles, their hobbie is more important than peasants that need to work, go home, etc
>>
So why do jogger run on the wrong side against traffic?
This happens on paths without cars?
Is it safer or something?
It doesn't bother me really unless its a crossing or a t-junction where they cut the corner which is retarded/
>>
What kind of hippy countries do you people live in where joggers run on the god damn road?
>>
It's funny how you bicyclists hate runners just like how cagers hate bicyclists
>>
>>1255135
If by funny you mean sad how little self distance us cyclists have.
>>
>>1255095
Pedestrians are supposed to be on the wrong side of the street.
>>
>>1255095
I was always told as a kid to walk on the wrong side of the road if there is no sidewalk.
>>
>>1254617
Stop projecting how fast you want to be onto the slow and fat people who run at a snail's pace on the side fot he road you paraplegic cunt
>>
>>1255082
truth
>>1254839
sometimes I run with traffic because I'm so fast.
>>
>>1255095
Because peds are way slower than bikes and generally less visible to cars. It's more about the ped being able to see and avoid the approaching car than the car being able to see the ped. If you were running with traffic the chances of getting rear-ended are much higher than a bike.
>>
>>1255098
You know, anywhere outside of the city or sub*rban shitholes? I grew up in forest country in Georgia and all I had to run on were single lane roads with no sidewalks.
>>
>>1255095
So they can see the car, and see if they yield.
Its even a part of traffic law in some nations, even if it often yield to "Everyone in traffic should traverse cautiously and not endangering".
>>
I ride really early in the morning because empty roads are great for training. There's plenty of 4 lane roads around me so I use those and neighborhood connectors the entire time which makes it easy for the few cars on the road to pass me. I see some joggers, and a few of them do use the road. Only thrice have I thought any of them were doing anything wrong, which is a really low percentage.
1. Guy was running opposite of traffic in the bike lane, on a road with two lanes divided by a curbed median. Usually not a problem, either they get on the sidewalk or I just take the main lane and go around them. This time however a car was approaching from my rear and he was making no sign of intending to move, despite seeing what was unfolding in front of him. I braked to slow down to let the car pass me, then when taking the lane to go around the guy I said "nice bike" and he started yelling but I was already far enough past that I couldn't hear anything he was saying.
2. On a 4 lane road with a middle turn lane (is that a 5 lane road then?) a man was running in the middle turn lane in all black clothing with no lights or reflective clothing. Strange.
3. On a different 2 lane road with bike lanes and a curbed median, and completely devoid of street lights, a whole gaggle of women joggers were in the road going opposite of traffic and using the entirety of the bike lane and main lane. Only one had a light. As I approached on my bicycle, I went into the main lane because I assumed they would move to their left to get out of the way of oncoming traffic. Instead it was like flushing a covey of quail, their somewhat compact group exploded and I ended up riding straight through the middle, albeit slowly because I was grabbing brakes hard. Confusing.
>>
>>1255271
oh well sure, if it's somewhere where's there's almost no traffic, sure, at their own discretion.
Hopefully they're intelligent enough to get out of the way long before the car catches up to them.
>>
>>1253917
Yes, in a lot of jurisdictions the strategy was build 1 diagonal ramp in the middle of the two crosswalks. Now PennDOT, for example, changed their standards such that each crosswalk needs an individual ramp that faces and aligns with it, for smoother/straighter transitions.
>>
>>1253915
Both are hard as a rock. Maybe 1% of runners could actually feel the difference, the rest is falling for a meme.
>>
>made the side walk big enough for two people side by side and a bike lane to boot
>let niggers and hobos congregate and clog sidewalk
fuck this city
>>
>>1255418
>each crosswalk needs an individual ramp that faces and aligns with it, for smoother/straighter transitions.

Don't get me started on this. Our city is tearing up every fucking intersection because the existing ramps can't accommodate the land-whale mobility scooters. Nobody will be using sidewalks for the next year or two.
>>
>>1253959
Not >>1253916, but I agree that cities built for people are the most ideal. However, I include human-powered methods of transportation in this group (e.g., bikes) and therefore cities designed for people will consequently also be designed for bikes.
>>
>>1253915
Nigga, you don't spend enough time running for it to make a difference. Get the fuck out of the road/bike land.
>>
File: bootlicker.gif (998 KB, 500x341)
998 KB
998 KB GIF
>>1254983
>holy shit this is what sycophants actually think
>im part of the elites.. the fuhrer is on my side
>the worker's party is for the workers
>i want to be in this gulag right now
>i want to be told which chemicals im allowed to put in my own body
>i want to be tried for murder if a parasite is growing in my stomach

meanwhile you are literally BEING CONTROLLED and someone VERY POWERFUL IS BENEFITING FROM YOUR OBEDIENCE!!!! YOU ARE LIKE A TRAINED DOG!!! NOW BARK LITTEL DOGGTY!! WOOF WOOF!!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.