[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 35 posters in this thread.

10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
05/08/16Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!
[Hide] [Show All]

File: 1485017233663.jpg (313 KB, 750x1662)
313 KB
313 KB JPG
http://thenewyorkevening.com/2017/03/18/cnn-anchor-says-american-women-wear-islamic-hijab-show-solidarity-muslims-video/

>CNN is just losing its mind at this point.

>In a recent segment, CNN brought on a Muslim woman to talk about how she doesn’t “feel safe” wearing a hijab in public anymore because President-Elect Trump.

>So to show “solidarity,” CNN’s Alisyn Camerota says American women should all wear the hijab to show “solidarity” with Muslim Americans.
>>
>>123400
How about something more practical, like encouraging citizens to gang up on a person of any demographic physically assaulting a person of any demographic.
>>
>>123403
Hate on hate.
Now thats what i call a hate crime
>>
>>123411
Do you have a strategy that would work better?
>>
>>123413
Education. Clearly we aren't using it to its full potential.
>>
>>123400
either try and assimilate or become the amish. I don't go to other peoples countries and expext them to cater to me. It's just basic human decency. Believe in whatever fairy tale you want, but you don't have the right to force others to buy in.
>>
What's wrong with the hijab? I think it's kinda pretty on the right woman.
>>
>>123479
It's a form of Muslim oppression against women, but modern Western feminists for whatever reason think its purpose is for a man know her for her mind, not her body. I can guaran-fucking-tee you that almost no Muslim man from the Middle East gives two shit about what is in a woman's mind.
>>
>>123479

There's nothing inherently wrong with wearing a cloth bag. Unless the place you're at has a dress code that dictates otherwise, or if you're having a conversation where the other person might appreciate looking you in the eye to establish rapport, or if you're in a govt building and your face needs to be visible for safety's sake, or if you're living in an Islamic community where you'll be treated as a whore or worse for showing too much skin or hair.

So I can understand why people are hesitant to view that as a symbol of female empowerment or equal rights. For that same reason however, it's now also a symbol of freedom of religion in the West.
>>
Old man.
But it's disgusting this video.
>>
Let me wear this wall clock around my neck to show solidarity with negros while in at it. I'll also walk around with a dildo shoved up my ass to show solidarity with the LGBT community.
>>
>>123479
A lot of hijabs I see are pretty hideous color schemes that clash dramatically with whatever the woman is wearing. No one seems to appreciate solid color hijabs anymore, or make the effort to match their headwear with the rest of their outfit. It's shameful to see, sometimes.
>>
Islam is a form of cancer that is utterly incapable of peacefully coexisting along side Christianity not to mention Judaism.

CNN has lost its mind
>>
>>123400
That's cultural appropriation
>>
>>123496
A hijab is the hair covering that frames the face. You're thinking of the burka that covers everything.
>>
>>123494
Funnily enough, the reasoning behind hijab is that men cannot resist the sexual urges they get from seeing a woman's body uncovered, therefore all the responsibility to act modestly and avoid sexually provocative behaviour and clothing rests entirely on women, because men abviously cannot contain themselves as they are sexual predators by nature. Now if this isn't the most sexist and unfair view of both sexes that feminists should be viciously fighting against, I don't know what it is.
>>
>>123603
but feminists agree, i.e. you are future potential rapist.. How dare You!
>>
kek
>>
>>123479
It's Muslim?
>>
>>123479
It hides ugly women so you can't tell whether you should give them preferential treatment or more attention. In a perfect world it would be banned globally. I get why muslims might want it, though.
>>
>>123621
*muslims and feminists
>>
>>123400
>maybe there could be (original)
>American Women Should Wear (news)

does anyone recognize the difference?
>>
Muslim(and all American) should wear the "Make America great again" cap to show their support to the president.
>>
>>123621
A burkha is not a hijab
>>
>>123662
It's not a niqab either. Stop being informative.
>>
>>123448
You're right. The problem is that neither party wants to propose the necessary spending to fix education. In the mean time, I think it's fair for people to chase someone off when they harass people.
>>
>>123478
As a social-liberal, I think the woman's suggestion in the article is pretty fucking stupid. But I don't hold it against Muslims. Why do you?
>>
>>123720
Do you think that ignoring the associations made by your brain makes you moral?
>>
>>123662
>>123663
Only modesty a hijab covers is love bites and greasy hair.

>>123478
I hadn't realise living in other peoples countries required wearing there national dress or that head scarves were taboo in the west.

>>123909
Not him, but both your comments rouse in me a strong desire to find you and give you a slap, so ignoring that association seems moral.

Though you could both be massive cunts badly in need of a slap so maybe my desire is just.
>>
>>123918
>I hadn't realise living in other peoples countries required wearing there national dress or that head scarves were taboo in the west.
Err it matters, actually. If you go to another country you should respect its culture and customs.
>>
>>123918
Then you're not paying attention. Western journalists always wear hijabs whenever they visit countries that require it. The fact assimilation is an alien concept to you is proof enough it isn't being enforced in the ways it should be.

The hijab is a symbol of Islamic culture. Wearing it in public in a liberal secular democracy should be a taboo given all the backward associations it has with Islam and its disgusting political religiosity. Idiotic relativists like >>123720 may deny their own sense of self-preservation to uphold their dogmatic principles designed to facilitate endless and selfish moralistic highs despite how much reality may disagree with them, but rest assured there are those of us who understand rigid principles will always break in the face of adversary and are more than prepared to admit to the weaknesses of our culture in order to protect it from those who want to exploit them.

The hijab will never be a symbol of personal freedom in the West, but instead that of Islamic encroachment. Leftist attempts to marry their incessant demoralization and deconstruction of Western culture to the marching of a hostile foreign one is becoming oh so transparent in its disgusting delusion. It's one of the reasons I abandoned many of my leftwing sensibilities in the past five years or so and I doubt I'm alone.
>>
>>123930
>Err it matters, actually. If you go to another country you should respect its culture and customs.
I will make sure I pack a beret for France and lederhosen for Germany.
Luckily the Queen likes a headscarf so I'll be okay in Britain.

Seriously though, when did it become the culture and custom in the west to define what head covering people may wear? Is it our tradition to prevent people from expressing their faith through dress?

I can only speak for England, but the days when we would persecute based on religion are long passed.

>>123938
>it isn't being enforced in the ways it should be.
You should move to somewhere a dress code is enforced if you are such a fan.

> Wearing it in public in a liberal secular democracy should be a taboo
Very liberal.

>The hijab will never be a symbol of personal freedom in the West, but instead that of Islamic encroachment.
You are the one to say what my personal freedoms should be?
I don't think that's how freedom works.

> It's one of the reasons I abandoned many of my leftwing sensibilities in the past five years or so and I doubt I'm alone.
Good the left don't need idiots. I feel sorry for the right if you now claim to speak for them.
>>
>>123943
>I will make sure I pack a beret for France and lederhosen for Germany.
>Luckily the Queen likes a headscarf so I'll be okay in Britain.
Those are stereotypes, retard. When in Rome do as the Romans do. If you go to a country and your actions and appearance make you stick out then you're disrespecting the local culture.
I realize it's becoming more and more blurry when the West decided to forgo identity but that doesn't mean you can just show up in traditional African wear and expect to not get weird looks.

And no, don't you fucking place this on the West only. Having visited many countries (non-western safespaces) in my time, this attitude is worldwide. If you don't fit in with the local culture you'll be tolerated at best.
>>
>>123943
Learn how to form a reply without using the crutch of fisking.

There are plenty of dress codes in Western society, both formal and informal. You can't walk around naked wherever you want. You can't wear religious items in secular institutions. You can't legally brandish the iconography of certain political groups, say a Swastika for example, in places like Germany and you can't do it anywhere else without soliciting informal and social disdain. You can play relativist all you want, but the larger the West's Muslim populations grow, the more they show their true colors, and the more things like hijabs will have a similar effect.

I value liberal society, which is why I'm not a fundamentalist who takes all its purported values to idiotic and unworkable extremes. Human nature and reality do not subscribe to principles and if a symbol of Islamic colonization and religious repression has to be thrown under the bus to preserve liberal society then so be it. Anyone with a cursory knowledge of history can see the ideas that come in Islam's wake will be worse to liberal society than any ban on religious headscarves could be. A person who subscribes to a religion with a very long and very consistent history of destroying contradictory personal freedoms wherever they encounter them is in no position to lecture anyone on the merits of allowing a Trojan horse demographic to get its way until its big enough to reveal itself and take everyone elses away.

Make no mistake, the Left has plenty of idiots, but it also has people who know what I'm saying is true. They're just too paralyzed by their cowardice and moralistic highs to do anything about it. I don't speak for the Right or anyone. I speak for myself and people like me who recognize Islam is incompatible with Western civilization, no matter the delusional handwringing of relativistic Leftists.
>>
>>123918
You would aim that slap for my butt homo, i bet.
>>
>>123948
>You can't wear religious items in secular institutions
?

Yes you can

Europeans...
>>
>>123948
>the crutch
No. Point by point is the only way to debunk nonsense.
I shan't bother this time. You're too verbose annd prone to repeating yourself.

>>123954
You wish.

>>123956
It's another Yank thinks every country in Europe has the same laws episode.
>>
>>123956
Not in France at least. You're right though, that was probably a lousy example. Still, the point was as much about society's informal ideas as much as the stark legalities of such. Wear jackboots into a synagogue. Wear a yamaka or a crucifix into a mosque. Wear a hammer and sickle emblazoned shirt to a Baltic memorial. You'll quickly discover there are many social taboos in this context that exist for very good reasons. Likewise, wearing a symbol for a religion that is antithetical to the very concept of a liberal and secular democracy is justly a major social taboo. Anyone who does not like that necessary requirement to assimilate is free to vacate the premises.

>>123960
You can address points without sacrificing formatting and turning your post into a green eyesore. Fisking is a crutch for those who either can't or are too lazy to properly structure their thoughts. It's a perfect microcosm of someone who thinks in tiny detailed snippets rather than tying their thoughts together into a cohesive and convincing point.
>>
>>123961
>It's a perfect microcosm of someone who thinks in tiny detailed snippets rather than tying their thoughts together into a cohesive and convincing point.
Not him but you're retarded

Greentexting is the greatest thing in communication since the alphabet. Provided it is done honestly, it cuts through bullshit right to the main points.

Its just the bullshit artists that cant stand straight forward communication.
>>
>>123960
>You wish.
I am absurdly heterosexual, so no. Listen, I've never even considered spending eternity with a man. Whenever I think about this, i get so freaked out like I'm going crazy. So you're the gay one sorry.
>>
>>123971
>spending eternity
Chill babe. I'll slap your face if that's what you're into.
>>
>>123969
Perhaps you shouldn't conflate my disdain for fisking as an argumentative style with a disdain for greentexting/quoting in general. As for fisking, it doesn't cut through the bullshit, it simply highlights the tiny bits of an argument someone wants to address. It lets bullshit artists ignore whatever they want, misconstrue a point they can't refute, or simply adopt lazy structure. Just like your post did when you ignored those other points I brought up to focus solely on the one you wanted to.
>>
>>123974
I don't mind people doing that to my posts.

I see, you're that kind of poster who demands that every point made be refuted? Maybe some points aren't as important as others. I read stupid opinions all day, we have to pick our battles.

What's with these peeps trying to police our speech? I don't like your wall of text, btw. Maybe that's what you learned in class but tgis is a chat room bro.
>>
>>123999
Yes, that's how you argue with people. Ignoring a point is as good as conceding it's right and though that can happen with any argumentative style, fisking lists quotations about to make it look like that's not happening when it often is. You can't very well claim it cuts through the bullshit and then advocate for ignoring whatever point you want.

I'm not policing your speech, I'm telling you how to form a convincing argument without using crutches. If you consider one paragraph consisting of four sentences to be a wall of text then you're only reinforcing my point that fisking is the style of the intellectually lazy.
>>
>>123943
Saudi Arabia enforces a dress code so if you're female and heading there I advise you respect their culture and customs or face penalty. Unless Saudi Arabia isn't 'other peoples countries'.
>>
>>124009
Meh
>>
She doesn't feel safe wearing a hijab? Shit, I don't feel safe with her wearing a hijab either.
>>
a woman that fights for women's rights that puts on a hijab? sounds like you don't care about women's rights.
>>
>>124340
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7TpOxm-440

End of the video specifically. If they have to choose between actually standing up for women's rights and subverting classical Western culture they'll do the latter almost every time. Feminism is little more than a socially conditioned critical mass of cultural daddy issues at this point.
>>
At no point did she say 'should'. She speculated that this is a movement you might see in the future among women, and with how fucking retarded millennial libs are, I don't know if it's so farfetched
>>
>>125205
It's a normative statement thinly cloaked as a descriptive one; the insinuation is clearly normative.
>>
>>125205
It's already here. You have HuffPo editorials portraying Mohammed as a feminist, millions of retards marching for protests organized by people who want to instate sharia law and leftwing women in Germany chanting Allahu Ackbar into loudspeakers.
>>
>>123448
>Education
Collage campuses and high schools are plagued by mostly libtard teachers.
>Not using to full potential
Well, you may not be, leftists clearly are.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.