[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/11/less-is-more-trump-slows-federal-regs-to-crawl-in-first-six-months.html

>The six-month review of Trump’s regulatory agenda by the American Action Forum shows the federal government practically slamming the brakes on regulation. The number of new rules is now at a record low, according to the study, in sharp contrast to the start of the Obama administration.
>>
less government is always a good thing
>>
good.
last thing our country needs is regulation to penalize big banks for gambling with mortgage backed securities.
as we all know, that is what prevents economic growth.
>>
>>167143
>>167136
This is also why in the 6months trump has been in office the economy has surged.
>>
>>167144

Bubbles always pop
>>
>>167144

Didn't 2008 happen due to unhindered mortgage sales? Should I sell my stocks?
>>
>>167186
Go for it, if you do it quick enough you may escape with your money before it all goes down the shitter.
>>
>>167129
This is a double edged sword. As one anon pointed out, regulations are intended to protect consumers and prevent shitty business practices.
On the other hand, tomes of regulatory legislation hurt small businesses that can't afford the legal teams to navigate said legislation (as well as convoluted tax code), increasing the barrier to entry into the market.
Massive corporations that already have fuckhuge legal teams (and the revenue necessary to afford them) are hardly affected by regulations and tax code.
Regulations benefit the corporations, and hurt the mom 'n pop shops, but also (ideally) protect consumers. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
>>
>>167181
growth =/= bubble
Bubbles happen because things are overvalued. What you're seeing is the result of nearly a decade of real growth suppression being lifted. All that will happen is the natural business cycle.
>>
>>167354
Article 1, Section 8 of the United States Constitution

Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution
>>
>>167129
Trump is only capable of breaking things. Bankrupting business, promoting non functional universities, the highlight of his TV career was firing people. His administration has only removed the previous administration's legislation and act dumbfounded when asked to suggest policy. 7 years of filibustering health care and they couldn't even agree on how many millions they wanted to kick off. Don't come to trump for as an administrator, he has proven that he can't do that. He's like one of those YouTube channels of a rich assholes who breaks PS4s or dumps iphones in pools of coke. Good for views, nothing else.
>>
>>167613

This post brough to you by shareblue
>>
>>167627
This post brought to you by mother's basement
>>
>>167647

Shareblue shill
>>
>>167653
I guess your mother's a shareblue shill also, for knowing that you're down there?
>>
>>167613
t. soros
>>
>>167613
what about for those of us who lost health care because of obamacare?

what am I supposed to do when the bronze plan in my state is 500 a month for just me with a $5000 deductible?

before obamacare I had a 180 a month plan 100% coverage after $15 copay.
>>
>>167838
Well obviously it's because you're a christian white male.

(They only bring up "deaths caused by insufficient healthcare" when it's the Republicans in charge.)
>>
>>167838
> before obamacare I had a 180 a month plan 100% coverage after $15 copay.

Indeed, the Lefty-Dems refuse to acknowledge that ObamaCare was written by the Wall Street health insurance, medical and pharmaceutical industries to benefit Wall Street by literally forcing Americans to do business with private and for-profit corporations.

It’s the worst of both worlds
>>
>>167181
These regulations are not part of any bubble. The only current (large and obvious) bubbles are silicon valley startups a la juicero and the housing markets in Canada, Australia, and certain parts of Europe.
>>
>>167845

Shouldn't a Christian country with Christian values put heeling the sick and feeding the poor as a top priority?
>>
>>167883
You mean private charity and americans at (almost) all levels of income giving absurd amounts of charity?
Fun fact: robin hood was not a good person.
>>
>>167883
Out of our own willingness to help. The government shouldn't make it mandatory to help the poor; people will do that themselves.
>>
>>167129
Yay, now corportations get to make more money by making my working/living conditions worse. Woo hoo!
>>
>>167969
>>167927
You must mean such prestigious and effective charities as the trump and clinton foundations, among many others like them. Giving away weapons and golf courses to the needy? Brings a tear to my eye. So glad that they relieve this burden of my government, and that my government relieves them of the burden of tax.

Riddle me this: What benefit does a -non- -profit- organization get from operating in the private sector over the public one?
>>
>>167992
>Giving away weapons to the needy?
I would support such a charity.

>and that my government relieves them of the burden of tax.
Taxation is theft. All reductions in taxes are legitimate if applied equally.

>Riddle me this: What benefit does a -non- -profit- organization get from operating in the private sector over the public one?
Efficient management of resources and actual good done because revenue is not earned if no good is done.
>>
>>167186
>>>167144
>Didn't 2008 happen due to unhindered mortgage sales? Should I sell my stocks?
Unhinged mortgage sales created due to government regulations in the mortgage market. Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac where government run mortgage guarantee programs that promoted the giving of home loans to those who couldn't afford them.
>>
>>167999
>Let's fund insurgency
>But not standing armies
>Companies only earn money when they do good things

The person you're pretending to be is very naive. Or I'm just naive for assuming you know better.
>>
>>168003
Private individuals are free to do as they please.

If someone in another country wanted to buy me an ar to let me safegaurd my own freedom, is it wrong?
Why is it wrong if I want to do the same for others?

I was under the impression you mean a charity registered as a non-profit.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.