[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k] [s4s] [vip] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 27 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: imrs[4].jpg&w=1484.jpg (188 KB, 1484x986)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/09/12/an-11-year-old-boy-fell-into-an-italian-volcanic-crater-his-parents-also-died-trying-to-save-him/

Three people — an 11-year-old boy and his parents — died after they fell into boiling mud in a volcanic crater in Pozzuoli, an Italian city not far from Naples.

The family was visiting Solfatara, a shallow volcanic crater frequented by tourists, on Tuesday when the boy wandered into a restricted area and slipped into a nearly 10-foot-deep pit, the Italian news agency ANSA reported. His father and mother fell into the hole trying to save him.

Another family member, a 7-year-old boy, was nearby and did not walk beyond the fenced-off area, authorities said. He was placed in the custody of social workers until his grandparents arrived.

Pozzuoli Mayor Vincenzo Figliolia voiced anguish at the tragedy.

“It's a moment of deep sadness for all of us,” he said in a Facebook statement.

The victims, 42-year-old Tiziana Zaramella, 45-year-old Massimiliano Carrer and their son Lorenzo were visiting from Meolo, a town in northern Italy more than 400 miles away, ANSA reported. Pictures showed crews carrying wooden coffins toward the victims’ bodies, which lay on the ground several feet from the pit.

It was not clear whether they were killed because of the hot mud or whether they were overcome by the sulfurous fumes that the dormant volcano emits. Heavy rains may have played a role in creating openings on the crater’s surface, according to the Associated Press.
>>
>>177897
Hot damn what a hell of a way to go.
>>
>>177897
>my kid fell into boiling hot molten rock, better jump after him lmao
Natural selection at its finest
>>
>>177905
my wife would do the same thing
it's their kids, most parents would do the same
Would you not try save your child ... if you even have any
>>
retards
>>
>>177917
Only try to save lives if you actually have a slight chance of succeeding. There was no way the parents were able to save the boy: all they did was insure their own deaths by following like lemmings.
>>
>>177950
Most parents would do it, moron. It's an emotional response to preserve your offspring, not a logical one.
Stop trying to criticize people for this when the only reason you do not comprehend is being emotionally stunted with no attachment either to or from you.
>>
>>177955
Being emotionally stunted with no attachments is a copping mechanism that will allow me to survive a lot longer than those parents.

But then again I would be smart enough to have offspring that are also smart enough to not go too close to a cliff that's over a boiling vat of mud.

I have a compulsive fear of edges and heights: both of which I hope my kids inherit so that they too will never fall to their deaths.
>>
>>177957
>i am 15
>>
>>177957
How did you get past the captcha
>>
Orphaned one of their children to save the other. Who knows what kind of effect this is going to have on that poor kid.
>>
People who aren't in volcanoes are the real victims!

Fuck these stupid parents who tried to save their kid!!!!

>so insight
>>
>>177897
I think volcanos might not be the best environment for children to grow up
>>
>>177957
Not only are you edgy, you're also a pussy.
>>
>>177964
no you are a faggot
>>
>>178173
Yes, you are.
>>
With a holiday 11 September to you... With a holiday 11 September to you...
>>
>>177897
>the boy wandered into a restricted area

Nothing to see here.
>>
>>177897
Mamma mia.
>>
>>177950
That doesn't matter. Our children could already be dead and my wife would still jump. Shit, I think I would jump too.
>>
>>177997
>https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/09/12/an-11-year-old-boy-fell-into-an-italian-volcanic-crater-his-parents-also-died-trying-to-save-him/
It looks like he'll be just fine considering he was the only one to read the signs
>>
Suddenly, those child leashes don't sound so stupid. The sad part is that the 7-yr-old followed instructions better than the 11-yr-old.
>>
>>177905
boiling mud bud, boiling mud
>>
>>177957
I'd ask you why your such a dipshit but the gods of irony have probably pumped your house full of boiling mud already. Who's gonna sire your unborn super children now? It's actually a relief as I feared your spawn would use there inherited fears to forge a vast and mighty empire, that which would rival any in history or yet to come, based solely on creating a smoothed earth, like a perfect sphere. Can't fall off something if there's no heights, right friendo? Now fuck off.
>>
>>178496
My spawn will be named Adolf and he will bring low the hills and fill the valleys. No more pretty views for anyone. No more deaths at those pretty views.
>>
>>177897
>visiting from Meolo

northern italians

pfft.. good riddance.
>>
>>178449
maybe the 7 year old was more than just a bystander, eh? (dun dun DUNNN!)
>>
>>177897
>His parents died trying to save him
This is really sad.
>>
So its like that scene in Dante's Peak. O.O
>>
Ngul a mammita
>>
>>178314
THAT'S-A SPICY MEATBALL!
>>
Awful death, awful news....

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.